FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > What if.....

What if.....

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I have been reading an interesting article on:

"What if there is no deal" - there is no withdrawal agreement and no trade deal and no transition period - a cliff edge.

The UK government has been sending "impact" emails on what "could" happen if we crash out.

The Irish government have been doing roadshows all around the country giving expert advice on how businesses should prepare. The are even making finance available for any business in Ireland - including British companies who have a presence in Ireland.

The Netherlands are doing similar and also have a website to help it's business prepare for brexit no deal.

So here we are less than 160 days from brexit when are we going to do the same for our business community?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Given the current state of this government it may possibly happen the day before, if that is the case which one hopes will not occur..

"Given the current state of this government it may possibly happen the day before, if that is the case which one hopes will not occur.. "

Looks like there's a feeling "it will be alright on the night " not long to wait.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

From what I’ve seen (based on one industry) we have good regulators and trade bodies who are doing a shed load of analysis and work with their Eu counterparts. I think they’d rather out government concentrate on finding a deal/arrangement for their industry... hence the amount of lobbying. (Medcines again today it looks like)

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

The Tories will do fuck all until it is too late, because that, historically, is what Tories do.

"From what I’ve seen (based on one industry) we have good regulators and trade bodies who are doing a shed load of analysis and work with their Eu counterparts. I think they’d rather out government concentrate on finding a deal/arrangement for their industry... hence the amount of lobbying. (Medcines again today it looks like)"

I was trying to express my shock that we haven't started physical plans - roadshows for our business community, hiring and training additional boarder personnel in preparation. Offering businesses help with customs paperwork etc etc.Practical help rather than a load of emails - which are very vague on post brexit.

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

The only outcome that’s ever been in the control of the UK Government to deliver is a no-deal exit from the EU.

That’s why I believe it ought to have been the baseline planning assumption from day one.

Plan for the worst and hope for the best.

Except it has been a shambles from day one.

The lack of any planning going back years means the UK does not have the capacity, the capability nor the infrastructure necessary for a no-deal exit on March 29, 2019.

it's clear that if those charged with organising what's happening, specifiically Javid, Raab, Clark, Fox, Gove, McVey and Mordaunt wanted to create an environment of readiness they would do so .... it's crystal clear that they have no intentions toward this and that they were complicit in the wholesale lies that were used to convince the electorate to participate in adjudicating on the winners of the 40 year old tory party civil war which was trussed up to look like a single issue referendum .... the extremist element won the day and they want the country to fail and to become a failed state so they can rebuild it into some wierd kafkaesque crypto-soviet totalitarian gulag

By *avidnsa69Man  over a year ago

Essex

"The only outcome that’s ever been in the control of the UK Government to deliver is a no-deal exit from the EU.

That’s why I believe it ought to have been the baseline planning assumption from day one.

The lack of any planning going back years means the UK does not have the capacity, the capability nor the infrastructure necessary for a no-deal exit on March 29, 2019."

It'll be just fine. How do I know? Because Mogg and Bojo and Davis and the rest of them brextremists told us so

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"The Tories will do fuck all until it is too late, because that, historically, is what Tories do."

This has got nothing to do with Tories or Labour it is the way Britain works,the men in grey suits run things,or did you not follow Tony Benn?

No of course you did not,I am better read than I pretend to be on here.

He spoke a lot that they stopped his left wing policies and he never achieved what he really wanted to achieve,thank god

moston

"This has got nothing to do with Tories or Labour it is the way Britain works,the men in grey suits run things,or did you not follow Tony Benn?

He spoke a lot that they stopped his left wing policies and he never achieved what he really wanted to achieve,thank god"

Ah bless. You actually believe that the civil service is run by non-political faceless bureaucrats in grey suits.

Let me leave you in on secret, the men in grey suits are Tories.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"This has got nothing to do with Tories or Labour it is the way Britain works,the men in grey suits run things,or did you not follow Tony Benn?

He spoke a lot that they stopped his left wing policies and he never achieved what he really wanted to achieve,thank god

Ah bless. You actually believe that the civil service is run by non-political faceless bureaucrats in grey suits.

Let me leave you in on secret, the men in grey suits are Tories."

I agree with you to a degree,but I met one very ranking civil servant last year and he was a labour voter but would never vote for Corbyn,he prepared speeches for George Osbourne.I met him in Crete in a bar very interesting man

Well the government must have read this post and wef 12/11/18 they are going to start proper preparation for a no deal! So a beginning at last to mitigate chaos of that no deal senario.

By *endrix30Man  over a year ago

dudley

"The Tories will do fuck all until it is too late, because that, historically, is what Tories do.

This has got nothing to do with Tories or Labour it is the way Britain works,the men in grey suits run things,or did you not follow Tony Benn?

He spoke a lot that they stopped his left wing policies and he never achieved what he really wanted to achieve,thank god"

I wish that Tony Benn had achieved everything that he wanted to, this country would not have any of the problems that exist today and people would not be living in poverty. I had the good fortune to spend time with Tony talking at great depth about all things political and economic and can assure anyone that the man had level of intellect way above anyone else in the political world. I also found him to be the warmest and most genuine person you could meet, am glad to have known him.

moston

"I wish that Tony Benn had achieved everything that he wanted to, this country would not have any of the problems that exist today and people would not be living in poverty. I had the good fortune to spend time with Tony talking at great depth about all things political and economic and can assure anyone that the man had level of intellect way above anyone else in the political world. I also found him to be the warmest and most genuine person you could meet, am glad to have known him. "

I was lucky enough to be able to attend a couple of his evening talks and was very taken by what he had to say. Of course seeing an old man sitting under a spotlight on a plain chair in the centre of a stage talking about what is right and wrong, political ethics and corruption and how easy simple (not easy) it would be to make life better for all (while drinking tea from a flask) changed my politics for life. And for that I will be forever grateful to Mrs Mellor (RIP).

By *anejohnkent6263Couple  over a year ago

canterbury

Don't worry we will all wake up ..and not a lot will change ....we may even be allowed to go on holiday abroad you know ....and on a positive note ...many in the eu will look at us and think ...what balls the UK has .

Unlike ourselves ruled by the Germans xx

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"The only outcome that’s ever been in the control of the UK Government to deliver is a no-deal exit from the EU.

The lack of any planning going back years means the UK does not have the capacity, the capability nor the infrastructure necessary for a no-deal exit on March 29, 2019."

My assessment guess is

However much posturing and whinging the exiteers do and whatever may tells her electorate , a no deal is fundamentally not possible

At very least a deal has to be done on medial supplies , aviation and radioactive content and I speculate a great deal more , just for basic functionality of our country , not theirs

So I speculate an extension, one that could be pushed forward in six month increments indefinitely

Whatever the ignorant suggest the UK cannot just leave x

The lack of any planning going back years means the UK does not have the capacity, the capability nor the infrastructure necessary for a no-deal exit on March 29, 2019.

My assessment guess is

However much posturing and whinging the exiteers do and whatever may tells her electorate , a no deal is fundamentally not possible

At very least a deal has to be done on medial supplies , aviation and radioactive content and I speculate a great deal more , just for basic functionality of our country , not theirs

So I speculate an extension, one that could be pushed forward in six month increments indefinitely

Whatever the ignorant suggest the UK cannot just leave x"

project fear

I suspect the reason why some areas have moved so slowly (such as trade) is because there is a known fall back. Other areas are being discussed behind closed doors to because the general public (and some MPs) doesn’t get it and can’t or won’t get their heads around the details.

By *nleashedCrakenMan  over a year ago

Widnes

"I wish that Tony Benn had achieved everything that he wanted to, this country would not have any of the problems that exist today and people would not be living in poverty. I had the good fortune to spend time with Tony talking at great depth about all things political and economic and can assure anyone that the man had level of intellect way above anyone else in the political world. I also found him to be the warmest and most genuine person you could meet, am glad to have known him.

I was lucky enough to be able to attend a couple of his evening talks and was very taken by what he had to say. Of course seeing an old man sitting under a spotlight on a plain chair in the centre of a stage talking about what is right and wrong, political ethics and corruption and how easy simple (not easy) it would be to make life better for all (while drinking tea from a flask) changed my politics for life. And for that I will be forever grateful to Mrs Mellor (RIP)."

I too met him, more than once. I also found him to be warm, genuine and eloquent. I would go so far as to say he was probably one of the nicest people I have ever met and definitely one of the nicest politicians I ever met. A man with a very clear vision of what he wanted to achieve. Unfortunately, whilst I did like him and couldn't help but respect him, I didn't share his vision.

By *endrix30Man  over a year ago

dudley

"I wish that Tony Benn had achieved everything that he wanted to, this country would not have any of the problems that exist today and people would not be living in poverty. I had the good fortune to spend time with Tony talking at great depth about all things political and economic and can assure anyone that the man had level of intellect way above anyone else in the political world. I also found him to be the warmest and most genuine person you could meet, am glad to have known him.

I was lucky enough to be able to attend a couple of his evening talks and was very taken by what he had to say. Of course seeing an old man sitting under a spotlight on a plain chair in the centre of a stage talking about what is right and wrong, political ethics and corruption and how easy simple (not easy) it would be to make life better for all (while drinking tea from a flask) changed my politics for life. And for that I will be forever grateful to Mrs Mellor (RIP).

I too met him, more than once. I also found him to be warm, genuine and eloquent. I would go so far as to say he was probably one of the nicest people I have ever met and definitely one of the nicest politicians I ever met. A man with a very clear vision of what he wanted to achieve. Unfortunately, whilst I did like him and couldn't help but respect him, I didn't share his vision.

"

You would have shared his vision if you had his knowledge and had taken an open minded approach to what he was saying. He was a genius and a legend of the political world and a wonderful human being, he also had a wonderful sense of humour. I was in touch with him for a number of years, its a shame he's no longer with us.

By *bernathCouple  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

"I have been reading an interesting article on:

"What if there is no deal" - there is no withdrawal agreement and no trade deal and no transition period - a cliff edge.

The UK government has been sending "impact" emails on what "could" happen if we crash out.

The Irish government have been doing roadshows all around the country giving expert advice on how businesses should prepare. The are even making finance available for any business in Ireland - including British companies who have a presence in Ireland.

The Netherlands are doing similar and also have a website to help it's business prepare for brexit no deal.

So here we are less than 160 days from brexit when are we going to do the same for our business community? "

I see you are concerned about our future after brexit, how do you feel about it, would you like to explain your thoughts?

By *nleashedCrakenMan  over a year ago

Widnes

You would have shared his vision if you had his knowledge and had taken an open minded approach to what he was saying. He was a genius and a legend of the political world and a wonderful human being, he also had a wonderful sense of humour. I was in touch with him for a number of years, its a shame he's no longer with us."

I was open minded enough to listen to what he had to say but still remained unconvinced. As for him being a political genius I have no doubt but there are many on both sides that are far closer to being a political genius than I. I listen to them all but only some convince me. He didn't.

By *igsteve43Man  over a year ago

derby

You would have shared his vision if you had his knowledge and had taken an open minded approach to what he was saying. He was a genius and a legend of the political world and a wonderful human being, he also had a wonderful sense of humour. I was in touch with him for a number of years, its a shame he's no longer with us.

I was open minded enough to listen to what he had to say but still remained unconvinced. As for him being a political genius I have no doubt but there are many on both sides that are far closer to being a political genius than I. I listen to them all but only some convince me. He didn't.

"

Unlike most modern politicians think about what is best for them tony always thought about everyone, oh and unlike his two biggest fans on here was a strong eurosceptic who would have voted ldave

» Add a new message to this topic