FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Irish presidential election

Irish presidential election

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ugs Bunny OP   Couple  over a year ago

south Dublin

The vote is on friday and I still have no clue who to vote for. I watched the debate on tv last night but that only made matters worse. I think it's important to use your vote so wish there was a none of the above option! Any insight on who would be best in the role and why? Gemma

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"The vote is on friday and I still have no clue who to vote for. I watched the debate on tv last night but that only made matters worse. I think it's important to use your vote so wish there was a none of the above option! Any insight on who would be best in the role and why? Gemma "

Only you can make that decision - But do vote. Make a list of your priorities and see who's policies reflect yours. Not being Irish or indeed aware of the debate so go with your instincts!

By *laytimenowMan  over a year ago

Essex

Liadh Ní Riada (SF)

She will continue the New Era of politics both North & South with equality for all.

By *ork ClassCouple  over a year ago

Cork

Sean Gallagher.

Straight, honest , business minded, young and looks the part ,

Plus a beautiful first lady Trish!!!

By *ichael McCarthyMan  over a year ago

Lucan

"Sean Gallagher.

Plus a beautiful first lady Trish!!!"

At the moment he's a landlord and nothing else. He's also so concerned about the country that when we were having debates on very important social issues, one of which was only a few short months ago, he didn't bother opening his mouth. Presumably because he didn't want to upset any potential voters. Meh, he's still the same guy he was 7 years ago and I didn't find him very appealing back then either.

By *ammskiMan  over a year ago

lytham st.annes

You could always abandon your country and see if the grass is greener on the other side,like the second poster on this thread

"You could always abandon your country and see if the grass is greener on the other side,like the second poster on this thread "

Ok Mr clever clogs whilst I was living in the UK I paid 40 yrs of tax (40%), NI employed 10 people and supported their families (9yrs), never claimed any benefits swerved in the armed forces - had active duty (probably to keep you safe and snug in your bed)- got medals from my country and then left. Not abandoned - my country had the best years of my life I would hardly call that abandoning my country? So what have you done for your country? We wait with baited breath!

lytham st.annes

I have my own business,employed more people than you,paid more tax than you could dream of and like you,never claimed benefits but i stay here,that’s the difference

Lucan

"I have my own business,employed more people than you,paid more tax than you could dream of and like you,never claimed benefits but i stay here,that’s the difference "

Would you happen to have any opinion on the Irish presidential election when you're here?

If not, I might politely suggest that you take your personal grudge and start your own thread with it.

"I have my own business,employed more people than you,paid more tax than you could dream of and like you,never claimed benefits but i stay here,that’s the difference "

You assume an awful lot - but the question is "what have you done to serve your country "? Nothing! - now I am assuming! You are not in a position to judge and very sketchy on fact!

lytham st.annes

Read the post above yours

By *inkywife1981Couple  over a year ago

A town near you

The midget is miles ahead in all polls apparently

Essex

[Removed by poster at 25/10/18 15:37:01]

Essex

To be honest can we not just get a famous person to present

Liam & Sam to the winners in both codes.

That way we can save an awful lot of money .

Or get a real politician involved.

Lucan

"To be honest can we not just get a famous person to present

Or get a real politician involved."

Uachtarán na hÉireann doesn't present either of those trophies anyway.

"I have my own business,employed more people than you,paid more tax than you could dream of and like you,never claimed benefits but i stay here,that’s the difference

Would you happen to have any opinion on the Irish presidential election when you're here?

If not, I might politely suggest that you take your personal grudge and start your own thread with it. "

By *ork ClassCouple  over a year ago

Cork

Ivan Yeats was class last night.

Referring to Michael D " he is a pompous poet that is gone beyond his cell by date " lol

Essex

"To be honest can we not just get a famous person to present

Or get a real politician involved.

Uachtarán na hÉireann doesn't present either of those trophies anyway. "

I know its a bit of a joke .

A friend once asked what does the president of Ireland to

I quipped presents Liam on the 1st sunday in September.

By *ugs Bunny OP   Couple  over a year ago

south Dublin

Thanks for your comments guys. (Apart from the bickering!!)

So a friend pointed out to me the cost of having a president and if we vote michael d back in we will actually be saving the taxpayers a whole load of money. Michael d is old, chances are he won't live to get much of a presidential pension. While if we vote in a younger person their pension will cost heaps! Makes sense to me!!

"Sean Gallagher.

Plus a beautiful first lady Trish!!!

At the moment he's a landlord and nothing else. He's also so concerned about the country that when we were having debates on very important social issues, one of which was only a few short months ago, he didn't bother opening his mouth. Presumably because he didn't want to upset any potential voters. Meh, he's still the same guy he was 7 years ago and I didn't find him very appealing back then either. "

Is he the guy who wrote a book about success? Too America for my taste

Freedom of movement is a good thing you nationalist twat

lytham st.annes

Nice of you to commence the name calling again

It felt appropriate

By *nleashedCrakenMan  over a year ago

Widnes

"You could always abandon your country and see if the grass is greener on the other side,like the second poster on this thread

Ok Mr clever clogs whilst I was living in the UK I paid 40 yrs of tax (40%), NI employed 10 people and supported their families (9yrs), never claimed any benefits swerved in the armed forces - had active duty (probably to keep you safe and snug in your bed)- got medals from my country and then left. Not abandoned - my country had the best years of my life I would hardly call that abandoning my country? So what have you done for your country? We wait with baited breath!"

But you don't want to throw your fellow British Citizens into poverty just so you can have a nice new Euro Blue passport with Gold/yellow writing on it. Therefore you are a traitor to the people. Get over it.

» Add a new message to this topic