FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Sinéad O'Connor

Sinéad O'Connor

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Irish singer Sinéad O'Connor has announced she has converted to Islam.

This is to announce that I am proud to have become a Muslim. This is the natural conclusion of any intelligent theologian’s journey. All scripture study leads to Islam. Which makes all other scriptures redundant. I will be given (another) new name. It will be Shuhada’

So once someonestudies islam all other scriptures are redundant? sounds a bit like a mantra to me

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

Why post this in politics? It's religion, surely.

[Removed by poster at 26/10/18 06:58:34]

"Why post this in politics? It's religion, surely."

Well we don't have a religion section and the two mostley go hand in hand these days

but if they want to move it then they can

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

Good luck to her if that's her dream. I know she's had some troubles over the years.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

As a non-religious person, I find it hard to understand how you can stop believing in one fictional character and start believing in another.

But fair play to her, life is hard and you have to do whatever it take to stay sane.

On the up side, this news will really annoy the Muslim hating couple from the Tommy Robinson thread.

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

Sinéad O'Connor has struggled with mental health issues for decades, maybe this is just the latest manifestation of that struggle.

By *uck-RogersMan  over a year ago

Portland

I found this on youtube.

The greater insult. by. Dark matter 2525

By *agermeisterMan  over a year ago

Leeds

"As a non-religious person, I find it hard to understand how you can stop believing in one fictional character and start believing in another.

But fair play to her, life is hard and you have to do whatever it take to

On the up side, this news will really annoy the Muslim hating couple from the Tommy Robinson thread. "

The Muslim God and Christian God are the same

"As a non-religious person, I find it hard to understand how you can stop believing in one fictional character and start believing in another.

On the up side, this news will really annoy the Muslim hating couple from the Tommy Robinson thread.

The Muslim God and Christian God are the same"

For sure, I guess my sentence was intended as a simplification of... I find it hard to understand how you can stop believing in one set of dogma, and start believing in another.

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

For sure, I guess my sentence was intended as a simplification of... I find it hard to understand how you can stop believing in one set of dogma, and start believing in another."

Indeed , the god is the same but the pathway to pleasing it is rather different

Christians are obsessed with salvation through the worship of the Christ character , then randomly pick and choose old testament values to suit their agenda

Islam , worships the top guy and it is still pick and mix from old testament for their method of pleasing their god their guidance to which bits to follow are derived from the Mohammed character

I find Islam and Judaism very similar indeed

By *laytimenowMan  over a year ago

Essex

For sure, I guess my sentence was intended as a simplification of... I find it hard to understand how you can stop believing in one set of dogma, and start believing in another.

Indeed , the god is the same but the pathway to pleasing it is rather different

Christians are obsessed with salvation through the worship of the Christ character , then randomly pick and choose old testament values to suit their agenda

Islam , worships the top guy and it is still pick and mix from old testament for their method of pleasing their god their guidance to which bits to follow are derived from the Mohammed character

I find Islam and Judaism very similar indeed "

Yet it is in Islam that Christ returns & defeats Shaitan

& throws the unbelievers into Hellfire , keeping it closed with his foot.

Also Revelation 4:10 ( new testament)

"All the angels were standing around the throne and around the elders and the four living creatures. They fell down on their faces before the throne and worshiped God,"

Islam sounds an awful lot like the Bible

Posted by a Non practising R.C .

Essex

Personally i have no problem with any of the books .

I have a problem with how Humans interpret these books.

A terribly sad story of an unhappy, psychically distorted woman. Only if it comes to her to snap someone's picture out of the circles of her new faith, I'm afraid the brothers will not be as forgiving as Catholics ...

By *icklybitMan  over a year ago

Ayrshire

You could be forgiven thinking that Islam is both plagiarism of earlier texts and misunderstanding some of them.

moston

Islam is just another iteration of the defining Arab theme.

By *lara_JamieCouple  over a year ago

Edinburgh

"

The Muslim God and Christian God are the same"

Sinead O'Connor says she's decided to believe in another type of sky pixie now. That's nice. She'll be a Jedi next week.

moston

"Sinead O'Connor says she's decided to believe in another type of sky pixie now. That's nice. She'll be a Jedi next week. "

Islam demands that apostates (especially converts to the faith) be put to death.

By *verysmileMan  over a year ago

CANTERBURY

"

Sinead O'Connor says she's decided to believe in another type of sky pixie now. That's nice. She'll be a Jedi next week. "

Do not mock the force, blasphemer.

moston

"

Do not fock the morce, blasphemer."

But he has a JaG!

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

She couldn’t have bang out a song in the day.

Rocked the shaved head.

By *endrix30Man  over a year ago

dudley

She is not the only rock star who has turned to islam, Cat Stevens turned to islam years ago.

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

"Sinead O'Connor says she's decided to believe in another type of sky pixie now. That's nice. She'll be a Jedi next week.

Islam demands that apostates (especially converts to the faith) be put to death."

The mirror of the Bible:

"But that whoever would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, should be put to death, whether young or old, man or woman."

By *nleashedCrakenMan  over a year ago

Widnes

But fair play to her, life is hard and you have to do whatever it take to stay sane.

On the up side, this news will really annoy the Muslim hating couple from the Tommy Robinson thread. "

Allah and God are the same thing they are both the god of Abraham. She hasn't started believing in another God she's just taking a different perspective on the same God.

Just wanted to clarify the issue.

By *nleashedCrakenMan  over a year ago

Widnes

For sure, I guess my sentence was intended as a simplification of... I find it hard to understand how you can stop believing in one set of dogma, and start believing in another."

Some people feel the need for believe in something more than what is known to be real. The dogma helps to target that belief. If, however, the dogma no longer fits your life you start to question the dogma but that does not remove the basic belief. The simplest solution is then to find a new dogma that still supports the basic belief. In my experience people of any faith are far more likely to switch to a new fath than people of no faith to suddenly find one.

By *inkywife1981Couple  over a year ago

A town near you

Poor old Sinead is looking for something, just in the wrong places.

I imagine she will reappear in the future in another guise.

By *lbert_shlossedMan  over a year ago

Manchester

"Personally i have no problem with any of the books .

I have a problem with how Humans interpret these books."

Mein kampf is the most misunderstood book in history, it's really all about helping the Jews free the shackles of slavery from Judaism.

Manchester

"Poor old Sinead is looking for something, just in the wrong places.

I imagine she will reappear in the future in another guise.

"

Well she's joined the one religion that still has the death penalty for leaving so I wish her good luck on changing in the future

Essex

I have a problem with how Humans interpret these books..

Mein kampf is the most misunderstood book in history, it's really all about helping the Jews free the shackles of slavery from Judaism."

I dont care for anything written or spoken by the bloke with a weird bit of facial hair.

Manchester

Mein kampf is the most misunderstood book in history, it's really all about helping the Jews free the shackles of slavery from Judaism.

I dont care for anything written or spoken by the bloke with a weird bit of facial hair."

That's only because you've misunderstood the book and are bigoted towards small men with silly moustaches

By *bernathCouple  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

"Irish singer Sinéad O'Connor has announced she has converted to Islam.

This is to announce that I am proud to have become a Muslim. This is the natural conclusion of any intelligent theologian’s journey. All scripture study leads to Islam. Which makes all other scriptures redundant. I will be given (another) new name. It will be Shuhada’

So once someonestudies islam all other scriptures are redundant? sounds a bit like a mantra to me "

It looks like you are outraged about this, do you want to talk about it?

Edinburgh

Mein kampf is the most misunderstood book in history, it's really all about helping the Jews free the shackles of slavery from Judaism."

And the Arbeit macht Frei furore was originally meant to be a job fair of sorts. In Chapter 7 of MK, Hitler mentioned how the original idea to boost the labour market came about when they were out for a few drinks one night in Munich back in the early 30's. Himmler took it seriously as usual and it went badly from there. We all know how that turned out.

By *bernathCouple  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

It seems people are very upset quite alot in general here, why are you all feeling like this for? Would you want to explain further?

"It seems people are very upset quite alot in general here, why are you all feeling like this for? Would you want to explain further?"

Some people seem to live to be upset & offended

By *igsteve43Man  over a year ago

derby

And the Arbeit macht Frei furore was originally meant to be a job fair of sorts. In Chapter 7 of MK, Hitler mentioned how the original idea to boost the labour market came about when they were out for a few drinks one night in Munich back in the early 30's. Himmler took it seriously as usual and it went badly from there. We all know how that turned out. "

Only mein kampf was written during his time in prison after the munich beer hall putsch in 1923

Edinburgh

And the Arbeit macht Frei furore was originally meant to be a job fair of sorts. In Chapter 7 of MK, Hitler mentioned how the original idea to boost the labour market came about when they were out for a few drinks one night in Munich back in the early 30's. Himmler took it seriously as usual and it went badly from there. We all know how that turned out.

Only mein kampf was written during his time in prison after the munich beer hall putsch in 1923"

You are Simon Schama and I claim my free copy of "The Story of the Jews".

Essex

I dont care for anything written or spoken by the bloke with a weird bit of facial hair..

That's only because you've misunderstood the book and are bigoted towards small men with silly moustaches"

I have misunderstood nothing as i have never read it.

Why have you bought a persons height into this ?

I cetainly didnt.

"Sinéad O'Connor has struggled with mental health issues for decades, maybe this is just the latest manifestation of that struggle."

I would think so.

She was masquerading as a Catholic priest in the past also.

It is sad.

It is also unfortunate that her mental health issues have dogged her life so much and she has always seemed unable to find peace and contentment in the usual places.

By *lem-H-FandangoMan  over a year ago

salisbury

Sunni or Shia?

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Newbury

Of course it is...

Hitler as a tireless campaigner for Jewish emancipation, what next?

I'm off to write "Stalin! - The musical"

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Mein Kampf throwing of the shackles of slavery.

Whatever next Eichmans health resorts?

Essex

"Sunni or Shia?"

There are 5 types of Sunni & 3 of shia

These both break down into numerous groups.

Think there are 72 types of muslim

By *lem-H-FandangoMan  over a year ago

salisbury

"Sunni or Shia?

Think there are 72 types of muslim "

So which one did she go for?

There are bets on for how long she's going to keep this up before she becomes a Buddhist monk. So far, it's been seven hours and fifteen days.

By *verysmileMan  over a year ago

CANTERBURY

"There are bets on for how long she's going to keep this up before she becomes a Buddhist monk. So far, it's been seven hours and fifteen days."

Well, she was a Christian and now a Muslim. If she tries another semitic religion then she will realise that.......wait for it............nothing compares to Jew.

I'll get my coat.

Essex

"Sunni or Shia?

Think there are 72 types of muslim

So which one did she go for?"

I haven't got the foggiest

"Why post this in politics? It's religion, surely."

Thh, Islam sadly is very political. Unlike the Christian faiths, Judaism, shintoism and Buddhism, the countries it dominates never really had anything equivalent to the 30 years war, and religious and mass social revolutions which forced religion to fight for attention.

Islam demands to be first and the priority in the individual's mind.

Hopefully she won't become obsessed by it.

» Add a new message to this topic