FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Asia Bibi

Asia Bibi

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *lem-H-Fandango OP   Man  over a year ago

salisbury

Just keeping tabs on this story. I'm not sure these muslims are as peace loving as they like to tell us. Talk about blood lust.

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Just keeping tabs on this story. I'm not sure these muslims are as peace loving as they like to tell us. Talk about blood lust. "

Is this going to be another one of those threads designed to bring the racists out of lurking, like that last islamaphbia thread that rumbled on for a few days?

salisbury

"Just keeping tabs on this story. I'm not sure these muslims are as peace loving as they like to tell us. Talk about blood lust.

Is this going to be another one of those threads designed to bring the racists out of lurking, like that last islamaphbia thread that rumbled on for a few days?"

No, just an observation.

"Just keeping tabs on this story. I'm not sure these muslims are as peace loving as they like to tell us. Talk about blood lust.

Is this going to be another one of those threads designed to bring the racists out of lurking, like that last islamaphbia thread that rumbled on for a few days?

No, just an observation. "

So you’ve observed that based on a small group of people that Muslims aren’t as peace loving as they tell us they are?

Sterling work.

[Removed by poster at 03/11/18 14:57:06]

No, just an observation.

So you’ve observed that based on a small group of people that Muslims aren’t as peace loving as they tell us they are?

Sterling work."

What you mean the thousands that were/are protesting and demanding the death sentance in pakistan?

hardly a small group

salisbury

No, just an observation.

Sterling work.

What you mean the thousands that were/are protesting and demanding the death sentance in pakistan?

hardly a small group "

What he said.

No, just an observation.

Sterling work.

hardly a small group "

There are approx 1.6 billion Muslims on earth.

This group of protesters represent about 0.000625% of them.

To me, that seems like too small of a sample size to judge them on.

salisbury

Probably worth a read.

BBC News - Why are Pakistan's Christians targeted?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-35910331

"Probably worth a read.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-35910331"

Are you using this kind of thing to justify your prejudice against Muslims?

salisbury

"Probably worth a read.

Are you using this kind of thing to justify your prejudice against Muslims?"

I'm very glad you asked. Can you explain why myself,you and millions of other people, shouldn't use this as evidence of the lack of tolerance from followers of Islam towards people of other religions?

"Probably worth a read.

I'm very glad you asked. Can you explain why myself,you and millions of other people, shouldn't use this as evidence of the lack of tolerance from followers of Islam towards people of other religions?"

Be carefull that kind of sense gets you labelled a racist and God help us ISLAMOPHIC mate even if your making a good point

"Probably worth a read.

I'm very glad you asked. Can you explain why myself,you and millions of other people, shouldn't use this as evidence of the lack of tolerance from followers of Islam towards people of other religions?Be carefull that kind of sense gets you labelled a racist and God help us ISLAMOPHIC mate even if your making a good point "

You and them are all the same. There’s people who judge others based on their religion, in their case Christians, in your case Muslims.

If you are afraid of Islam then you are islamophobic. Why does that term offend you when that’s what you are?

Feel free to label me a non-racist, non-bigot, non-Islamophobe. I’m comfortable with who I am.

Besides, Mullingar Couple, in the other thread about this you were quite open about your racism, and wore it with pride. How come you’ve changed your tune now?

"Probably worth a read.

I'm very glad you asked. Can you explain why myself,you and millions of other people, shouldn't use this as evidence of the lack of tolerance from followers of Islam towards people of other religions?"

Do you see any irony in your statement?

You’re judging a whole religion because some of them judged people for their religion?

Racists are the lowest form of life on the planet.

By *bi_scotlandTV/TS  over a year ago

Glasgow

Asia Bibi's lawyer has had to leave the country as they fear for their life.

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

"Probably worth a read.

I'm very glad you asked. Can you explain why myself,you and millions of other people, shouldn't use this as evidence of the lack of tolerance from followers of Islam towards people of other religions?

You’re judging a whole religion because some of them judged people for their religion?

Racists are the lowest form of life on the planet."

the lowest I’d stick peodos lower tbh

salisbury

Some of you seem to have a real problem separating race and religion. As i suspected.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Probably worth a read.

I'm very glad you asked. Can you explain why myself,you and millions of other people, shouldn't use this as evidence of the lack of tolerance from some followers of Islam towards people of other religions?"

There you go, context..

salisbury

Feel free to try and debate without throwing insults about. If you want to take part, let's try and keep things adult.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Feel free to try and debate without throwing insults about. If you want to take part, let's try and keep things adult. "

This

[Removed by poster at 03/11/18 16:29:00]

This whole thing started because she drank out of a cup and then she was told it was no longer clean as she was a Christian!

So by that statement she was told that she being a Christian was dirty and not worthy to share the same cup.

Apparently it was a male cup ffs as in one for the men to drink from

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

No, just an observation.

Sterling work.

hardly a small group "

Not just in Pakistan, the death sentence is widely supported in Saudi Arabia and a number of other predominantly Muslim countries.

I did read the article and they said it started with a drinking cup and she was accused of insulting the prophet Mohamed but it’s ok for them to insult her religion though!!!

By *oi_LucyCouple  over a year ago

Barbados

No, just an observation.

Sterling work.

hardly a small group

Not just in Pakistan, the death sentence is widely supported in Saudi Arabia and a number of other predominantly Muslim countries. "

Like the USA.

But I don’t go around saying all Christians are bad because a few of them want the death penalty

-Matt

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

No, just an observation.

Sterling work.

hardly a small group

Not just in Pakistan, the death sentence is widely supported in Saudi Arabia and a number of other predominantly Muslim countries.

Like the USA.

But I don’t go around saying all Christians are bad because a few of them want the death penalty

-Matt"

Correction, it's not across the whole of the USA. The death penalty only exists in a few states.

I see they have barred her from leaving the country even though the case was over turned!

Quote"

Officials have since agreed to bar Ms Bibi from leaving Pakistan in order to end violent protests over the ruling.

how does that work then?

By *uck-RogersMan  over a year ago

Portland

"Some of you seem to have a real problem separating race and religion. As i suspected. "
I totally agree with you.

By *oi_LucyCouple  over a year ago

Barbados

No, just an observation.

Sterling work.

hardly a small group

Like the USA.

-Matt

Correction, it's not across the whole of the USA. The death penalty only exists in a few states. "

*slow clap*

Good.

So you understand how prejudice works.

-Matt

By *inkywife1981Couple  over a year ago

A town near you

Does this happen in other countries, for instance we have blasphemy laws in Ireland but they don't include the death penalty for insulting Christianity and I guarantee you wouldn't see thousands on the streets demanding death for insulting Christianity.

In fact I don't think you would see these actions in any civilised western country

"Does this happen in other countries, for instance we have blasphemy laws in Ireland but they don't include the death penalty for insulting Christianity and I guarantee you wouldn't see thousands on the streets demanding death for insulting Christianity.

In fact I don't think you would see these actions in any civilised western country "

Indeed, that's our problem though, we have modernised / evolved further than many prominently Muslim countries regarding equality, human rights & blindly following the ramblings of old dusty stone aged texts.

Every religion has it's fanatical nut jobs, just some religions have more than others.

salisbury

"I see they have barred her from leaving the country even though the case was over turned!

Quote"

Officials have since agreed to bar Ms Bibi from leaving Pakistan in order to end violent protests over the ruling.

how does that work then? "

Let's hope she lives a long and persecution free life.

"Does this happen in other countries, for instance we have blasphemy laws in Ireland but they don't include the death penalty for insulting Christianity and I guarantee you wouldn't see thousands on the streets demanding death for insulting Christianity.

In fact I don't think you would see these actions in any civilised western country "

Blasphemy is a victimless crime..

salisbury

In fact I don't think you would see these actions in any civilised western country

Blasphemy is a victimless crime.."

Perfect.

No, just an observation.

Sterling work."

funny but I don't seem to remember too many members of the Christian faith losing their collective shit when their religion is ridiculed...but I do do seem to remember Muslims do so over a cartoon....and the resulting massacre that followed.

"Probably worth a read.

Are you using this kind of thing to justify your prejudice against Muslims?"

get a grip..

A town near you

Blasphemy is a victimless crime.."

Except it would seem for the blasphemer

Guys be careful now your starting to talk sense here

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

I love reading books by Yuval Noah Harari.

He lectures in world history at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem.

A bit like Bill Bryson, he has a fantastic ability to distill complex issues into very simple logic.

Like where religion came from.

When the species was small and scattered, we existed in splendid ignorance of the world around us.

All we needed was a structure for the tribe to feed itself and keep having babies.

Gradually, as we eliminated threats to our existence, the population mushroomed.

How do you organise and marshall larger and larger populations?

You create a narrative, a belief system, and enforce discipline in the tribe.

That's religion.

The fore-runner of modern-day government.

Modern-day government is quite a new concept, and lots of people are reluctant to give up their religion because, in some shape or form, its what their ancestors adhered to for millennia.

salisbury

I always thought that any "bible" should have been called "How to survive living in the middle East with no police, no refrigeration, no education system and no condoms..".

No, just an observation.

Sterling work.funny but I don't seem to remember too many members of the Christian faith losing their collective shit when their religion is ridiculed...but I do do seem to remember Muslims do so over a cartoon....and the resulting massacre that followed."

This is a ridiculous argument. So I could say. “I don’t see many Muslims coming over here droning the shit out of villages and farmers in England. It’s only Christian countries that do so”. And then I could come to the conclusion that all Christians are into bombing people.

Why is it so hard for you to understand that there are bad people who do bad things and good people who do good things and that it’s not related to which fictional character they believe in?

No, just an observation.

Sterling work.

hardly a small group

Like the USA.

-Matt

Correction, it's not across the whole of the USA. The death penalty only exists in a few states. "

As usual you’re dead wrong. 30 states in USA have the death penalty. But don’t worry about facts, just follow the alt-right rules of making shit up and keep repeating it.

By *andS66Couple  over a year ago

Derby

"Probably worth a read.

Call me pedantic, but what's racist about judging people for their religion?

No, just an observation.

Sterling work.

hardly a small group

Like the USA.

-Matt

Correction, it's not across the whole of the USA. The death penalty only exists in a few states.

As usual you’re dead wrong. 30 states in USA have the death penalty. But don’t worry about facts, just follow the alt-right rules of making shit up and keep repeating it. "

And you stick to lib..far left views on Islam...

"Probably worth a read.

Racists are the lowest form of life on the planet.

Call me pedantic, but what's racist about judging people for their religion?"

What’s the correct term for this form of bigotry?

No, just an observation.

Sterling work.

hardly a small group

Like the USA.

-Matt

As usual you’re dead wrong. 30 states in USA have the death penalty. But don’t worry about facts, just follow the alt-right rules of making shit up and keep repeating it. And you stick to lib..far left views on Islam..."

Do you really believe that everyone who isn’t as enthusiastic about bigotry and race hate as you are is “far left”?

I don’t consider myself politically left or right.

By *inkyLondonpairCouple  over a year ago

London

No, just an observation.

Sterling work.funny but I don't seem to remember too many members of the Christian faith losing their collective shit when their religion is ridiculed...but I do do seem to remember Muslims do so over a cartoon....and the resulting massacre that followed.

This is a ridiculous argument. So I could say. “I don’t see many Muslims coming over here droning the shit out of villages and farmers in England. It’s only Christian countries that do so”. And then I could come to the conclusion that all Christians are into bombing people.

Why is it so hard for you to understand that there are bad people who do bad things and good people who do good things and that it’s not related to which fictional character they believe in?

"

Whilst I am completely with you on the fact that many people criticise Islam for racist reasons, I don't think you can deny that, on the whole, Islam is more intolerant than Christianity.

Every majority Muslim country has blasphemy laws and five of them have the death penalty for blasphemy. It's instructive to read the judgment of the Pakistan supreme court on the bibi case. The judgment says how important it is to have severe laws against insults to Islam, but they let her off because there wasn't sufficient evidence she had committed blasphemy.

I am a Atheist and my view is that everyone should be free to criticise and ridicule any religion or philosophy. (including atheism). Whilst I don't think, in principle, Islam is any more ridiculous than Christianity, in practice, the former tends to be more aggressive and intolerant than the latter.

One anecdotal thing to finish. I went to see the Book of Mormon the other night, where that religion is roundly taken tg the piss of. No one would think of doing a similar play about the quran.

salisbury

It doesn't get much more "Alt-right" than having people put to death for drinking out of the wrong cup. Or drawing a picture...

No, just an observation.

Sterling work.funny but I don't seem to remember too many members of the Christian faith losing their collective shit when their religion is ridiculed...but I do do seem to remember Muslims do so over a cartoon....and the resulting massacre that followed.

Whilst I am completely with you on the fact that many people criticise Islam for racist reasons, I don't think you can deny that, on the whole, Islam is more intolerant than Christianity.

Every majority Muslim country has blasphemy laws and five of them have the death penalty for blasphemy. It's instructive to read the judgment of the Pakistan supreme court on the bibi case. The judgment says how important it is to have severe laws against insults to Islam, but they let her off because there wasn't sufficient evidence she had committed blasphemy.

I am a Atheist and my view is that everyone should be free to criticise and ridicule any religion or philosophy. (including atheism). Whilst I don't think, in principle, Islam is any more ridiculous than Christianity, in practice, the former tends to be more aggressive and intolerant than the latter.

One anecdotal thing to finish. I went to see the Book of Mormon the other night, where that religion is roundly taken tg the piss of. No one would think of doing a similar play about the quran. "

That’s a good post. And I complete agree. And I hate their intolerance as much as I hate the intolerant of those on this thread who are bigoted then cry saying “religion isn’t race”.

"It doesn't get much more "Alt-right" than having people put to death for drinking out of the wrong cup. Or drawing a picture..."

Dead right. You and them are opposite sides of this hate filled coin.

salisbury

No, just an observation.

One anecdotal thing to finish. I went to see the Book of Mormon the other night, where that religion is roundly taken tg the piss of. No one would think of doing a similar play about the quran.

That’s a good post. And I complete agree. And I hate their intolerance as much as I hate the intolerant of those on this thread who are bigoted then cry saying “religion isn’t race”. "

But you do realise that religion isn't a race don't you? You do realise that the poor woman at the centre of this and the people who have been murdered because of it are the same race?

salisbury

Ignorance and intolerance is wide spread. It seems to me that the worst culprits are those who think they have god on their side. Or those who are just to blinkered to realise they are ignorant.

No, just an observation.

That’s a good post. And I complete agree. And I hate their intolerance as much as I hate the intolerant of those on this thread who are bigoted then cry saying “religion isn’t race”.

But you do realise that religion isn't a race don't you? You do realise that the poor woman at the centre of this and the people who have been murdered because of it are the same race? "

What’s your preferred term for this form of bigotry? We can use that. I don’t really have strong feelings about the wording of label. The problem is you’re prejudgement of 1.6 billion people based on the actions of a few minority.

salisbury

No, just an observation.

But you do realise that religion isn't a race don't you? You do realise that the poor woman at the centre of this and the people who have been murdered because of it are the same race?

What’s your preferred term for this form of bigotry? We can use that. I don’t really have strong feelings about the wording of label. The problem is you’re prejudgement of 1.6 billion people based on the actions of a few minority. "

That's true, i didn't mention the protest rallies across the Muslim world in support of her release, and against the violence towards her.

Is their a religion anywhere we could call a religion of peace.?

Christianity and Islam and Judaism and Buddhism we can say without doubt are not religions of peace.

salisbury

"Is their a religion anywhere we could call a religion of peace.?

Christianity and Islam and Judaism and Buddhism we can say without doubt are not religions of peace.

"

Probably not. I guess the idea that you're right and they're wrong is inherently non peaceful! Maybe wicca or voodoo!?

Probably not. I guess the idea that you're right and they're wrong is inherently non peaceful! Maybe wicca or voodoo!?"

You should consider heeding your own advice.

I’m well aware that any one of these posts will get me banned from the forums, just like everyone else who speaks out against the rampant bigotry on here.

You’ll be glad to know I’m leaving anyway. This site is plagued with intolerant racists, and whatever you’d like to call your form religion based prejudice.

They should rename the politics section. The Alt Right form. It’s very quickly becoming an eco chamber for you lot as anyone with a sensible point of view speaks out and gets barred.

salisbury

Probably not. I guess the idea that you're right and they're wrong is inherently non peaceful! Maybe wicca or voodoo!?

I’m well aware that any one of these posts will get me banned from the forums, just like everyone else who speaks out against the rampant bigotry on here.

You’ll be glad to know I’m leaving anyway. This site is plagued with intolerant racists, and whatever you’d like to call your form religion based prejudice.

They should rename the politics section. The Alt Right form. It’s very quickly becoming an eco chamber for you lot as anyone with a sensible point of view speaks out and gets barred. "

I hope you find the echo chamber you're looking for.

They should rename the politics section. The Alt Right form. It’s very quickly becoming an eco chamber for you lot as anyone with a sensible point of view speaks out and gets barred.

I hope you find the echo chamber you're looking for. "

I’m not looking for an echo chamber. Discussion and reasonable argument is fantastic. I don’t see much of it going on here as non-bigots get systematically barred from posting on the forums.

They should rename the politics section. The Alt Right form. It’s very quickly becoming an eco chamber for you lot as anyone with a sensible point of view speaks out and gets barred. "

But religion is not a race its a teaching

salisbury

I’m not looking for an echo chamber. Discussion and reasonable argument is fantastic. I don’t see much of it going on here as non-bigots get systematically barred from posting on the forums. "

Maybe if you didn't use your prejudice to label people, members might be more inclined to debate.

I’m not looking for an echo chamber. Discussion and reasonable argument is fantastic. I don’t see much of it going on here as non-bigots get systematically barred from posting on the forums.

Maybe if you didn't use your prejudice to label people, members might be more inclined to debate. "

So, just so I can correctly understand your point here. You’re saying that you’re allowed to be prejudice against Muslims, but I am not allowed to be prejudice against bigots?

And you keep pointing out that your form of bigotry isn’t “racism”, what would you prefer me to refer to it as, and I will happily use you’re language for it.

No, just an observation.

One anecdotal thing to finish. I went to see the Book of Mormon the other night, where that religion is roundly taken tg the piss of. No one would think of doing a similar play about the quran. "

THIS RIGHT HERE

"It doesn't get much more "Alt-right" than having people put to death for drinking out of the wrong cup. Or drawing a picture..."

"Probably worth a read.

islam is a religion not a race....old saying but a true one.

salisbury

Maybe if you didn't use your prejudice to label people, members might be more inclined to debate.

So, just so I can correctly understand your point here. You’re saying that you’re allowed to be prejudice against Muslims, but I am not allowed to be prejudice against bigots?

And you keep pointing out that your form of bigotry isn’t “racism”, what would you prefer me to refer to it as, and I will happily use you’re language for it."

Well you keep telling me that I'm ( and others ) a racist bigot. This doesn't help a debate. I haven't told you what i think you are personally because we're having a debate. We're not at school so we shouldn't be insulting each other. We should be exploring each other's view points and beliefs, i invited you to share yours but you began with the insults. If you want to be engaged like an adult, behave as one. This is no place for chips on shoulders.

Muslim countries are, in the majority, further behind the development curve than westernised Christian countries. But let’s not pretend that’s a religion thing.

I’d suggest less developed countries tend to be more tribal (us versus them) and less open to diversity. And it is easy to use religion to create tribes. (Ditto borders)

To judge whole religions based on tribal regions is dangerous. I’d be horrified if I was labelled a homophone just because some tribes use Christianity as a basis of criminalising gay sex.

Death penalties arising from differences in religions is wrong. No one i can see is arguing that. Tbh imo any criminality arising from religious differences is wrong. The nature and punishment start to be different parts of the same scale.

And you keep pointing out that your form of bigotry isn’t “racism”, what would you prefer me to refer to it as, and I will happily use you’re language for it."

How is he being a bigot / racist for expecting Islam to be held to the same standard as what we expect in the west...tell us..

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

i think it is interesting reading this thread about aisa bibi... and then contrasting it to the thread regarding sinead o connor....

definatly see the worst of people and those who like to bait......

"i think it is interesting reading this thread about aisa bibi... and then contrasting it to the thread regarding sinead o connor....

definatly see the worst of people and those who like to bait......"

how...i just saw a video of a Jewish women nearly lynched on the Temple Mount for taking a drink of water....not by some jihadi or fanatic but by people who's switch was suddenly flipped....and I saw a link between it and the bibi case Muslim intolerance of others and their faiths..

salisbury

I find it interesting how it seems people are attacked personally when the point they make is correct yet unpalatable. As Jeremy Corbyn found out to his cost.

"Muslim countries are, in the majority, further behind the development curve than westernised Christian countries. But let’s not pretend that’s a religion thing.

I’d suggest less developed countries tend to be more tribal (us versus them) and less open to diversity. And it is easy to use religion to create tribes. (Ditto borders)

To judge whole religions based on tribal regions is dangerous. I’d be horrified if I was labelled a homophone just because some tribes use Christianity as a basis of criminalising gay sex.

Death penalties arising from differences in religions is wrong. No one i can see is arguing that. Tbh imo any criminality arising from religious differences is wrong. The nature and punishment start to be different parts of the same scale. "

True we wouldn't say all Christians are like the Irish .With their history of terrorist atrocities and sectarian violence and their views on gay marriage etc.

Most Christian communities have never had a history like Ireland.

Some groups are more violent then others.Regardless of religion.

London

The problem arises when any belief system which posits a universal truth is taken seriously. Whether it's secular or religious, whether it's Christianity, Islam or communism or whatever.

Obviously if people believing to a certain belief system is necessary for human happiness, then it's imperative that you suppress people who posit contradictory beliefs.

For better or worse, most Christians in the West don't believe in that sense. To them it's a badge of affiliation or belonging, rather like supporting a football team. I might support Sheffield United, but I have no issue with people supporting other teams.

It's true that many Muslims, especially in the West, believe in the same way. However it's clear that when we come to religious believers who really believe, to the extent that they are willing to kill and die for their faith, far more of such people are Muslims than Christians.

salisbury

Its all about choice. There is a freedom in the west to believe in sky pixies or not. Our education system is not centred on the pixie. I'm not sure that I'm prepared to count the USA in with the free thinking west just yet though.... all that saluting the flag stuff !

London

"Its all about choice. There is a freedom in the west to believe in sky pixies or not. Our education system is not centred on the pixie. I'm not sure that I'm prepared to count the USA in with the free thinking west just yet though.... all that saluting the flag stuff !"

The interesting point is that there is a ban on religious teaching in US schools, yet religion is far stronger there than in the UK where religious education is part of the national curriculum.

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

"I see they have barred her from leaving the country even though the case was over turned!

Quote"

how does that work then?

Let's hope she lives a long and persecution free life. "

Its unlikely.

There will be some collusion between someone in authority and the protesters, and she will be attacked and lynched.

The safest course for her would have been to leave the country, the powers that be have decided instead to keep her there where the mob can eventually get at her.

"Its all about choice. There is a freedom in the west to believe in sky pixies or not. Our education system is not centred on the pixie. I'm not sure that I'm prepared to count the USA in with the free thinking west just yet though.... all that saluting the flag stuff !"

I agree. But see the vitriol here if an MP suggests someone should be banned from wearing an item of clothing to show they believe in a pixie.

And there are plenty of people in the west who fight against the right to both believe in pixie and be allowed to suck a guys cock.

"The problem arises when any belief system which posits a universal truth is taken seriously. Whether it's secular or religious, whether it's Christianity, Islam or communism or whatever.

Obviously if people believing to a certain belief system is necessary for human happiness, then it's imperative that you suppress people who posit contradictory beliefs.

For better or worse, most Christians in the West don't believe in that sense. To them it's a badge of affiliation or belonging, rather like supporting a football team. I might support Sheffield United, but I have no issue with people supporting other teams.

It's true that many Muslims, especially in the West, believe in the same way. However it's clear that when we come to religious believers who really believe, to the extent that they are willing to kill and die for their faith, far more of such people are Muslims than Christians. "

Than you great post.

I suspect he’s fallen foul if the same error as calling the British, English. It was clear (to me) he was poking at the our northern Irish brethren when it came to gay marriage. And all sides of the fence when it came to terrorism.

However it is interesting we watch afar with western superiority when there is a religious clash. Yet one possibly poorly worded post can spark such anger.

salisbury

"Its all about choice. There is a freedom in the west to believe in sky pixies or not. Our education system is not centred on the pixie. I'm not sure that I'm prepared to count the USA in with the free thinking west just yet though.... all that saluting the flag stuff !

The interesting point is that there is a ban on religious teaching in US schools, yet religion is far stronger there than in the UK where religious education is part of the national curriculum. "

Flag worship is a popular religion in the US.

"I suspect he’s fallen foul if the same error as calling the British, English. It was clear (to me) he was poking at the our northern Irish brethren when it came to gay marriage. And all sides of the fence when it came to terrorism.

However it is interesting we watch afar with western superiority when there is a religious clash. Yet one possibly poorly worded post can spark such anger. "

If we where still the country we where say 30/40 years ago he might have valid points but thankfully ( I'd like to think ) we as a country have moved with the times,so the gay/IRA terrorist's poke won't sit with me at least..

By *bandjam91Couple  over a year ago

London

"Its all about choice. There is a freedom in the west to believe in sky pixies or not. Our education system is not centred on the pixie. I'm not sure that I'm prepared to count the USA in with the free thinking west just yet though.... all that saluting the flag stuff !

The interesting point is that there is a ban on religious teaching in US schools, yet religion is far stronger there than in the UK where religious education is part of the national curriculum. "

That's not true.

London

The interesting point is that there is a ban on religious teaching in US schools, yet religion is far stronger there than in the UK where religious education is part of the national curriculum.

That's not true."

Which bit isn't true

salisbury

"I suspect he’s fallen foul if the same error as calling the British, English. It was clear (to me) he was poking at the our northern Irish brethren when it came to gay marriage. And all sides of the fence when it came to terrorism.

However it is interesting we watch afar with western superiority when there is a religious clash. Yet one possibly poorly worded post can spark such anger. If we where still the country we where say 30/40 years ago he might have valid points but thankfully ( I'd like to think ) we as a country have moved with the times,so the gay/IRA terrorist's poke won't sit with me at least.."

Still, i think this can be debated without getting personal.

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

Interesting story emerged last week in a letter from the head of Ofsted to one of the scrutiny committees in Parliament.

A worrying trend in unregistered and faith schools of promoting obscene literature.

Stoning gays, beating your wife, all perfectly acceptable, apparently.

That's in the UK, not the US.

Ultra orthodox jewish schools were singled out for special mention.

Interesting story emerged last week in a letter from the head of Ofsted to one of the scrutiny committees in Parliament.

A worrying trend in unregistered and faith schools of promoting obscene literature.

"

Careful that might be seen as anti Semitic but I see whee you are coming from

I see religious schools as just another way of them foisting thier beliefs on our young people.

I see religious schools as just another way of them foisting thier beliefs on our young people.

"

They same teachings you'll find in the Koran/Islam but when you launch criticism there your Islamophobic ...couldn't make it up..........or the Christian preacher arrested on a street in England for reading passages from the bible ( but someone like Abu hamza can preach actual hate against non Muslims for years and get away with it ) or am i just missing something here.

salisbury

They same teachings you'll find in the Koran/Islam but when you launch criticism there your Islamophobic ...couldn't make it up..........or the Christian preacher arrested on a street in England for reading passages from the bible ( but someone like Abu hamza can preach actual hate against non Muslims for years and get away with it ) or am i just missing something here."

You missed out racist!

salisbury

The Nazi were a terrible evil controlling force bent on the destruction of other societies, religions,sexualities, and ethnicities. History has shown us this is true. And it's not racist against the German people to say that.

Are German a race ?

However if I were to base an opinion on grermans based on the nazis, I’d likely be called up on it.

salisbury

"Are German a race ?

However if I were to base an opinion on grermans based on the nazis, I’d likely be called up on it. "

It was interesting to note the 2 sides of the Germans while i worked out there. Definite un-ease between those with brown hair and dark eyes, and those with blond and blue.

London

That's not true.

Which bit isn't true "

The bit about religious teaching being banned in the US

thornaby

"Are German a race ?

However if I were to base an opinion on grermans based on the nazis, I’d likely be called up on it.

It was interesting to note the 2 sides of the Germans while i worked out there. Definite un-ease between those with brown hair and dark eyes, and those with blond and blue. "

really unease between dark hair and blonde hair germans ?

salisbury

"Are German a race ?

It was interesting to note the 2 sides of the Germans while i worked out there. Definite un-ease between those with brown hair and dark eyes, and those with blond and blue. really unease between dark hair and blonde hair germans ?"

Not sure if un-ease is the right word. It felt like rivalry between the scots, Welsh, Irish vs English.

"Are German a race ?

It was interesting to note the 2 sides of the Germans while i worked out there. Definite un-ease between those with brown hair and dark eyes, and those with blond and blue. really unease between dark hair and blonde hair germans ?

Not sure if un-ease is the right word. It felt like rivalry between the scots, Welsh, Irish vs English. "

I lived in Germany for many years there is a north south divide and the obvious east west divide.

Never saw anything based on hair and eye colour.

thornaby

"Are German a race ?

It was interesting to note the 2 sides of the Germans while i worked out there. Definite un-ease between those with brown hair and dark eyes, and those with blond and blue. really unease between dark hair and blonde hair germans ?

Not sure if un-ease is the right word. It felt like rivalry between the scots, Welsh, Irish vs English. I lived in Germany for many years there is a north south divide and the obvious east west divide.

Never saw anything based on hair and eye colour."

well atleast we don’t have a north south divide in the U.K. bob ya soft southern jessy lol

They same teachings you'll find in the Koran/Islam but when you launch criticism there your Islamophobic ...couldn't make it up..........or the Christian preacher arrested on a street in England for reading passages from the bible ( but someone like Abu hamza can preach actual hate against non Muslims for years and get away with it ) or am i just missing something here.

You missed out racist! "

ah have you not heard I'm racists and Islamophobic .....quick find me my safe space cos words hurt

"Some of you seem to have a real problem separating race and religion. As i suspected. "

Thats just a technicality. It's fear based hate either way.

The people in that mob are just humans thinking along the same lines as you are now.

"

As always centaur, the answer is staring you right in the face

Read that sentence back to yourself

Indeed, that's our problem though, we have modernised / evolved further than many prominently Muslim countries regarding equality, human rights & blindly following the ramblings of old dusty stone aged texts.

Every religion has it's fanatical nut jobs, just some religions have more than others."

Politics is the new religion and YouTube cranks have replaced old texts.

It's here in the west too...same human nature, different setup.

No, just an observation.

Sterling work.

hardly a small group

Like the USA.

-Matt

As usual you’re dead wrong. 30 states in USA have the death penalty. But don’t worry about facts, just follow the alt-right rules of making shit up and keep repeating it. And you stick to lib..far left views on Islam...

Do you really believe that everyone who isn’t as enthusiastic about bigotry and race hate as you are is “far left”?

I don’t consider myself politically left or right.

"

This illustrates my point about politics being the new religion...emotional views are entrenched and blind to logic at times

"Ignorance and intolerance is wide spread. It seems to me that the worst culprits are those who think they have god on their side. Or those who are just to blinkered to realise they are ignorant. "

Or people who think they are somehow above the same flaws in thinking and systematic thought control - you were at war right?

Who was on your side? Queen and country?

"Are German a race ?

Not sure if un-ease is the right word. It felt like rivalry between the scots, Welsh, Irish vs English. I lived in Germany for many years there is a north south divide and the obvious east west divide.

Never saw anything based on hair and eye colour. well atleast we don’t have a north south divide in the U.K. bob ya soft southern jessy lol"

We have a new divide .The brexiters and the remainers.

salisbury

"Are German a race ?

Never saw anything based on hair and eye colour. well atleast we don’t have a north south divide in the U.K. bob ya soft southern jessy lol

We have a new divide .The brexiters and the remoaners.

"

Fify

thornaby

"Are German a race ?

Never saw anything based on hair and eye colour. well atleast we don’t have a north south divide in the U.K. bob ya soft southern jessy lol

"

haha bob it’s only a divide until March tho then can get back to the real north south divide lol

"Are German a race ?

haha bob it’s only a divide until March tho then can get back to the real north south divide lol"

Yeah I miss those days..

So many fucking racists on here!

"So many fucking racists on here! "

In you’re opinion

A town near you

In the states you won't be executed for blasphemy and even then if a murderers sentance is commuted you wont see thousands marching for it to reinstated.

People can throw the racism and islamophobe stick around but the fact is it's 2018 and countries like Pakistan and Saudi Arabia still impose sharia law, when in fact the educated people who run those countries should be educating the masses about tolerance amongst other things. It's 2018 ffs and millions of people take religious texts written in the dark ages literally.

"In the states you won't be executed for blasphemy and even then if a murderers sentance is commuted you wont see thousands marching for it to reinstated.

People can throw the racism and islamophobe stick around but the fact is it's 2018 and countries like Pakistan and Saudi Arabia still impose sharia law, when in fact the educated people who run those countries should be educating the masses about tolerance amongst other things. It's 2018 ffs and millions of people take religious texts written in the dark ages literally.

"

Ah but then they would lose control because keeping the masses in ignorance maintains power and that’s just how they like it.

They rule out of fear

salisbury

"In the states you won't be executed for blasphemy and even then if a murderers sentance is commuted you wont see thousands marching for it to reinstated.

"

It's a sobering thought.

"when in fact the educated people who run those countries should be educating the masses about tolerance amongst other things. "

This is easier said than done. The masses don’t like being told they’re uneducated by those running the country. Apparently.

"when in fact the educated people who run those countries should be educating the masses about tolerance amongst other things.

This is easier said than done. The masses don’t like being told they’re uneducated by those running the country. Apparently. "

London

That's not true.

Which bit isn't true

The bit about religious teaching being banned in the US"

The Constitution prohibits any public body being involved in religion. Hence state funded schools cannot teach religion.

Of course, private schools can teach religion if that's what you are getting at.

By *nleashedCrakenMan  over a year ago

Widnes

"Probably worth a read.

For the same reason that we shouldn't use the evidence of lack of tolerance of Christian Fundamentals in the US to followers of other religions as typical of all Christians.

By *nleashedCrakenMan  over a year ago

Widnes

No, just an observation.

Sterling work.

hardly a small group

Not just in Pakistan, the death sentence is widely supported in Saudi Arabia and a number of other predominantly Muslim countries. "

Along with quite a few on the right of the Conservative party and UKIP.

I'd love to know your views on Capitol Punishment.

salisbury

No, just an observation.

Sterling work.

hardly a small group

Along with quite a few on the right of the Conservative party and UKIP.

I'd love to know your views on Capitol Punishment."

You're right to draw a comparison between the right wing and Islamic states. They really are hiding in plain sight.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

okay.... here is a straight question

her family have asked the US, Canada and the UK to grant them all asylum... the lawyer that had been representing them all this time has now fled the country...

so now you get to put your conviction behind everything you have all typed!

so.... do you?

salisbury

"okay.... here is a straight question

her family have asked the US, Canada and the UK to grant them all asylum... the lawyer that had been representing them all this time has now fled the country...

so.... do you? "

Of course. Why would anyone say no? Just a shame she's been sentenced to death.

London

That's not true.

Which bit isn't true

The bit about religious teaching being banned in the US

The Constitution prohibits any public body being involved in religion. Hence state funded schools cannot teach religion.

Of course, private schools can teach religion if that's what you are getting at. "

Yes, so religious teaching isn't banned in schools then.

so.... do you?

Of course. Why would anyone say no? Just a shame she's been sentenced to death. "

You're Welcoming asylum seekers now?

How many? Or it just the ones you like and make the news...?

Or more likely just the ones who hate the Muslim extremists .

salisbury

so.... do you?

Or more likely just the ones who hate the Muslim extremists . "

Are you saying we shouldn't? And why not? Are you scared your pink gin might get dirty?

By *lbert_shlossedMan  over a year ago

Manchester

I've always been a firm believer in secularism for this very reason.

You should be free to practise how you wish but the state shouldn't bend over backwards to accommodate your beliefs nor should it cause you a hindrance.

Religions just like big business and individuals will always seek power and need to be kept in check just the same.

Manchester

Violence is power and always has been which is why Western countries check all violence with laws.

Islam needs violence for blasphemy , it's how it gets its power, no different than its violence for apostasy.

Remove the violence and it no longer has any power.

By *assanova999Man  over a year ago

Amsterdam, Cap d'Agde

[Removed by poster at 05/11/18 11:14:19]

so.... do you?

Are you saying we shouldn't? And why not? Are you scared your pink gin might get dirty?"

You know me all asylum seekers are welcome all apostates of Islam are welcome.How about you .You always seem to predict the islamisation of Europe .Now all asylum are welcome ? All?

Am I right fella???

salisbury

so.... do you?

Are you saying we shouldn't? And why not? Are you scared your pink gin might get dirty?

You know me all asylum seekers are welcome all apostates of Islam are welcome.How about you .You always seem to predict the islamisation of Europe .Now all asylum are welcome ? All?

Am I right fella??? "

Don't believe the hype.

Don't believe the hype.

It's his own 'hype'.... The guy's a crackpot.

salisbury

"

Don't believe the hype.

"

Based upon what?

"

Don't believe the hype.

Based upon what? "

In fairness, you kicked this thread off by attacking Muslims.

“I'm not sure these muslims are as peace loving as they like to tell us. Talk about blood lust.”

Then spent most of it attacking people who pointed out that you were attacking Muslims.

Now you’re posting vague messages trying to suggest that the above regular forum poster has questionable views, like your views.

It is a bit incoherent.

salisbury

"

Don't believe the hype.

Based upon what?

“I'm not sure these muslims are as peace loving as they like to tell us. Talk about blood lust.”

Then spent most of it attacking people who pointed out that you were attacking Muslims.

Now you’re posting vague messages trying to suggest that the above regular forum poster has questionable views, like your views.

It is a bit incoherent."

Wait, weren't you that guy who didn't know the difference between race and religion? I'm glad you've done your research. #proudofyou.

"

Don't believe the hype.

Based upon what?

It is a bit incoherent.

Wait, weren't you that guy who didn't know the difference between race and religion? I'm glad you've done your research. #proudofyou. "

I engaged you in that conversation but you didn’t reply, so I gave up.

salisbury

"

Don't believe the hype.

Based upon what?

It is a bit incoherent.

Wait, weren't you that guy who didn't know the difference between race and religion? I'm glad you've done your research. #proudofyou.

I engaged you in that conversation but you didn’t reply, so I gave up. "

That's correct.

"

Don't believe the hype.

Based upon what?

It is a bit incoherent.

I engaged you in that conversation but you didn’t reply, so I gave up.

That's correct. "

So I can try again, if you don’t like your form of bigotry described as racism. What word would you prefer to be used?

[Removed by poster at 05/11/18 13:28:10]

so.... do you?

Am I right fella???

Don't believe the hype. "

Well I hope you found Asia Bibi was a useful tool to get your point of view across .

No doubt once you're finished with her you'll welcome her and others like her who face persecution as I would.

salisbury

so.... do you?

Am I right fella???

Don't believe the hype.

Well I hope you found Asia Bibi was a useful tool to get your point of view across .

No doubt once you're finished with her you'll welcome her and others like her who face persecution as I would. "

I will.

Anyway this thread was a big fail....trying to stir up anti-muslim sentiment based on the actions of a few is too basic.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

She’s not being allowed to leave the country at the moment.

salisbury

"She’s not being allowed to leave the country at the moment. "

I wonder why?

"She’s not being allowed to leave the country at the moment.

I wonder why?"

No need to wonder..Imran Khan bowed to the hardline clerics to prevent her leaving.The Supreme Court say she's free to go However the military fear for her life and she in a safe house.

"Anyway this thread was a big fail....trying to stir up anti-muslim sentiment based on the actions of a few is too basic.

"

The actions of a few thousands and that’s just in Pakistan not counting a lot of the other Muslim countries.

"Anyway this thread was a big fail....trying to stir up anti-muslim sentiment based on the actions of a few is too basic.

The actions of a few thousands and that’s just in Pakistan not counting a lot of the other Muslim countries.

"

“A few thousand” makes approx 0.000624% of Muslims. As was pointed out.

EDL membership is estimated at 35,000. Which is about 0.058% of the uk population, a much higher percentage.

By your logic, there is a much stronger argument that we should all be solely judged by the actions of the EDL. So I assume you’re going to get on that right away?

EDL membership is estimated at 35,000. Which is about 0.058% of the uk population, a much higher percentage.

By your logic, there is a much stronger argument that we should all be solely judged by the actions of the EDL. So I assume you’re going to get on that right away?"

So you are saying it’s right and proper for thousands of Pakistani men protesting and demanding the death sentence for a woman who simply drank out of a cup and suffered abuse and was even beaten at her own home all in the name of some archaic religion of no tolerance for any other religion.

The Christians don’t do it.

The EDL is a political organisation not a religious one so is not the same argument and that be honest they are full of shite as well!!!

And other thing she is a Pakistani woman so how can it be racist for us in the uk to speak out in her defence ?

By your logic, there is a much stronger argument that we should all be solely judged by the actions of the EDL. So I assume you’re going to get on that right away?

So you are saying it’s right and proper for thousands of Pakistani men protesting and demanding the death sentence for a woman who simply drank out of a cup and suffered abuse and was even beaten at her own home all in the name of some archaic religion of no tolerance for any other religion.

The Christians don’t do it.

The EDL is a political organisation not a religious one so is not the same argument and that be honest they are full of shite as well!!!

Smokin’ some strong shit tonight yeah?"

Manchester

By your logic, there is a much stronger argument that we should all be solely judged by the actions of the EDL. So I assume you’re going to get on that right away?"

You could use that same logic for the membership of the edl itself then?. I mean 35,000 members and 99% are perfect law abiding citizens being judged by the actions of the 1% following the same edl ideology.

You could extrapolate it further still and say because 99% of edl members are law abiding then the edl message is fine, has no bad ideas and the 1% who are bad are just misinterpreting the edl ideology.

Manchester

We've had this argument before and it seems circular.

Either the message matters or it doesn't, which is it?

By your logic, there is a much stronger argument that we should all be solely judged by the actions of the EDL. So I assume you’re going to get on that right away?.

You could use that same logic for the membership of the edl itself then?. I mean 35,000 members and 99% are perfect law abiding citizens being judged by the actions of the 1% following the same edl ideology.

You could extrapolate it further still and say because 99% of edl members are law abiding then the edl message is fine, has no bad ideas and the 1% who are bad are just misinterpreting the edl ideology."

I would suggest that 100% of EDL members are undesirable and I would not want the uk judged by any of them.

This point I’m making is extremely basic. You cannot judge the majority based on the actions of the few.

By your logic, there is a much stronger argument that we should all be solely judged by the actions of the EDL. So I assume you’re going to get on that right away?.

You could extrapolate it further still and say because 99% of edl members are law abiding then the edl message is fine, has no bad ideas and the 1% who are bad are just misinterpreting the edl ideology.

I would suggest that 100% of EDL members are undesirable and I would not want the uk judged by any of them.

This point I’m making is extremely basic. You cannot judge the majority based on the actions of the few. "

I’m not even sure that the EDL has an actual membership. Just a rag tag bunch of football hooligans who hate Muslims. I might be wrong, wouldn’t be the first time. I don’t even think they have a leader either, haven’t since Yaxley Lennon quit.

Classic fab. Scoff at Six hundred thousand ((from a nation of sixty million) marching. But happy to extrapolate from a few thousand when looking at a religion of 1.5 billion.

By *HaRiFMan  over a year ago

Beyond the shadows.

Well well well here we go again I see. forcing me to be all serious and stuff.

As you know humans are capable of terrible aggression and behaviour , to combat this societies over time develop ways to inhibit these aggression's or unacceptable behaviour. So in turn people who wish to get some sort of gain out of manipulating the situation come up with counter strategies and techniques for creating (false) excuses and justifications for immoral behaviour "towards the other". All moral disengagement techniques are tricks to get people to accept behaviour that they would otherwise immediately Recognise as unethical and unfair.Dehumanisation involves redefining the targets of prejudice and violence by making them seem less human (that is, less civilised or less sentient) than "us" people.

Weather you chose to accept it or not, science has long ago proven there is no biological reality to human race. Race is a socially/politically constructed concept to differentiate one group of people from another (usually the dominant group from the none dominant). Many sociologists have said that it's also a fluid concept, meaning it can be change and moulded to fit the need.

The observent people amongst us can see this different form of otherism taking shape, a cultural otherism. People are no longer just being "othered" by skin colour or other physical characteristics but by their beliefs and practices associated with some “imagined culture.”

A person in Karachi may not be culturally similar to a person in Timbuktu but it doesn't matter, lets just put them in to the same pot because it suites a narrative that someone wish's to push.

In 2015 a man allying himself with with a the Christian faith walks into Planned Parenthood clinic kill's 3 people and injures 9 people. In 2016 3 Kansas militia men calling them selfs the crusaders were arrested plotting a bomb attack and mass shooting. In 2018 Massachusetts man deliberately crashed a stolen truck into Planned Parenthood clinic, injuring three people including a pregnant woman. The mass genocide that's happening currently in Myanmar(Burma) perpetrated by the dominant Buddhist against the none dominant rohingya and other smaller groups. The none religious Chinese that are oppressing the minorities in their country in horrendous ways.(I could go on and on giving examples but I wont)

You won't hear these people wanting to have discussions about these things because it does not suite their agenda. Other than their target there's very little difference between the people that are vilifying Asia Bibi and the people that are vilifying other groups in the community here. They all use the same techniques of dehumansation and disengagement.

So you may say religion is not a race so how can you be a racist? I'd say don't get engrossed in the spots, focus on the Leopard coming fill it's belly and shut the door on its face before it consumes you.

This post nailed it!

Say what you see people.

Manchester

This point I’m making is extremely basic. You cannot judge the majority based on the actions of the few. "

Hmmm so I can suggest that 100% of Muslims are undesirable and I would not want Asians judged on them?.

Of course not, so you can't judge the edl based on the actions of the few, you can't tell me that edl ideology is bad because a few supporters misinterpret it!.

You can't call them bigoted just because I few are, you can't call them racist just because a few are.

This argument is so circular and becomes one sided based on your political affiliations.

I can say edl ideology bad, Koran ideology bad, that doesn't make everybody in them bad or everybody who reads them bad, but it does mean a percentage of them will be affected by it, it will cause them to act in certain ways, hate certain groups, look for segregation and generally fail to integrate amongst the wider society.

I used the EDL as an example. Not as a comparison to Islam.

I don’t really know what you’re saying by trying to defend EDL. I don’t see how this is relavent.

As above I’ve explained my point in as basic language as I can think of.

Manchester

"I used the EDL as an example. Not as a comparison to Islam.

I don’t really know what you’re saying by trying to defend EDL. I don’t see how this is relavent.

As above I’ve explained my point in as basic language as I can think of. "

No I think your being very politically selective with your definitions.

Any right minded person listening to say the BNPs calls for racial segregation can say that's just wrong even if your a white supremacists believer it's still wrong.

And so is the case for apostasy or wife beatings, genitalia mutilation, child marriage, much of which has its roots in cultural religious practices.

I don't find it hard to say white born again Christians in America are wrong, I find it just as easy to say brown Muslim followers are wrong and just as easy to say white supremacists in the edl are wrong.

There all following very poor examples for the 21st century.

Manchester

I think it's high time those leaders in the Islamic faith recognise that the vast majority of the rest of the world don't agree with alot of the Koran or even Muhammed's teachings (I'd even say alot of Muslims themselves don't agree with it).

A reformation of Islamic teachings is long past due.

At this stage anyone doped up on identity politics is a problem - there are 100's of ways to divide humanity up along ideological lines and some of these people will go over the top - no matter which side they came from.

"I think it's high time those leaders in the Islamic faith recognise that the vast majority of the rest of the world don't agree with alot of the Koran or even Muhammed's teachings (I'd even say alot of Muslims themselves don't agree with it).

A reformation of Islamic teachings is long past due."

You are a pragmatic guy.....

Do you not think it would be more positive in general if people like yourself were able to chill out and live their own lives?

Anger only begets anger

"At this stage anyone doped up on identity politics is a problem - there are 100's of ways to divide humanity up along ideological lines and some of these people will go over the top - no matter which side they came from.

"

All very nice and sweet but we live in the age of identity politics.

When the Potus stops pushing white identity politics .Get back to me.

Also If identity politics is good enough to make trump the most powerful man on earth it works.

"At this stage anyone doped up on identity politics is a problem - there are 100's of ways to divide humanity up along ideological lines and some of these people will go over the top - no matter which side they came from.

Also If identity politics is good enough to make trump the most powerful man on earth it works. "

Such an idiotic statement

We live in an age of bullshit therefore let's be pro bullshit

Also If identity politics is good enough to make trump the most powerful man on earth it works.

Such an idiotic statement "

If you don't think trump used identity politics to get elected your a fool or being a wilfully ignorant...

If you don't think trump used identity politics to get elected your a fool or being a wilfully ignorant... "

I don't think his ability to manipulate those as gullible as you but on the opposite side of the spectrum is an admirable thing.

It's basic and dishonest.

If you don't think trump used identity politics to get elected your a fool or being a wilfully ignorant...

I don't think his ability to manipulate those as gullible as you but on the opposite side of the spectrum is an admirable thing.

It's basic and dishonest. "

I feel for you son.

Your a man with a fork in a world of soup.

I feel for you son.

"

Says the man who fell into the soup and can't get out

I feel for you son.

Says the man who fell into the soup and can't get out "

Its you who wants in on the game.

You just brought the wrong tools for the job.

Be like trump..A winner...

The game of intellectual dishonesty?

Spoiler...No one wins

"The game of intellectual dishonesty?

Spoiler...No one wins "

It's always been thus...

You'll die waiting for this fair and transparent world your wishing for .In the meantime I'll play the game in front me not the one I want to see...

Wishful thinking never solved anything..

Spoiler...No one wins

It's always been thus...

You'll die waiting for this fair and transparent world your wishing for .In the meantime I'll play the game in front me not the one I want to see...

Wishful thinking never solved anything.."

It's not wishful thinking to want the people who have fallen for identity politics to see the light. It's only taken 3 years or so for people to turn into rabid dogs over trivial issues, maybe it can be reversed quickly. People can adapt and change course.

5-10 years ago there was none of this noise and people went about their business just fine.

It's turning people against each other and the net effect of that outweighs all the naive virtue behind it.

Spoiler...No one wins

It's always been thus...

Wishful thinking never solved anything.."

What game are you playing anyway?

Manchester

"I think it's high time those leaders in the Islamic faith recognise that the vast majority of the rest of the world don't agree with alot of the Koran or even Muhammed's teachings (I'd even say alot of Muslims themselves don't agree with it).

Do you not think it would be more positive in general if people like yourself were able to chill out and live their own lives?

Anger only begets anger "

It's not something that is particularly bothersome in my life to be honest.

All the Muslims I know are pretty much westernised and we seldom discuss religion except for some banter during our five a side football nights.

This doesn't change my opinion on outdated religious text though, I mean text is meant to be useful to the follower at the very least, some form of guidance for a life better lived and all that?.

"

This doesn't change my opinion on outdated religious text though, I mean text is meant to be useful to the follower at the very least, some form of guidance for a life better lived and all that?."

Isn't it just called Human decency.

Anyone who needs a fantasy book to tell them how to live, in my view is very weak.

Anger only begets anger .

It's not something that is particularly bothersome in my life to be honest.

All the Muslims I know are pretty much westernised and we seldom discuss religion except for some banter during our five a side football nights.

This doesn't change my opinion on outdated religious text though, I mean text is meant to be useful to the follower at the very least, some form of guidance for a life better lived and all that?."

But of a pivot from the main thread.

You can believe the text is outdated.

You can condone the actions of a group of people.

You can believe it is their interpretation of said text which lead to set actions. Although care is needed here that there aren’t better explanatory factors.

You have to be very careful before claiming their interpretation is indicative of all interpretations and therefor indicative of how everyone will behave. You certainly need better understanding of probabilities, statistical analysis and significance before making claims.

(The fact we moved from 0.0006% or something to 0.o6% to 1% as being somehow equivalent statements is telling.)

Manchester

"

This doesn't change my opinion on outdated religious text though, I mean text is meant to be useful to the follower at the very least, some form of guidance for a life better lived and all that?.

Anyone who needs a fantasy book to tell them how to live, in my view is very weak."

This is what I've said all along.

You can't have it both ways, your either of the opinion that text and speech influences (Donald trump or the Koran) or your not.

You can't call the edl, KKK, trump or whatever group you don't like for inspiring bad behaviour without excepting the exact same problem with groups like black lives matter (shoot the pigs) Koran (Islamic violence) etc etc.

I'm off the opinion that I prefer free speech, I'd rather hear something bad and know where its roots are, because the downside of free speech is far less problematic than the downside of banned Orwellian control.

By *andS66Couple  over a year ago

Derby

"

Anyone who needs a fantasy book to tell them how to live, in my view is very weak..

This is what I've said all along.

You can't have it both ways, your either of the opinion that text and speech influences (Donald trump or the Koran) or your not.

You can't call the edl, KKK, trump or whatever group you don't like for inspiring bad behaviour without excepting the exact same problem with groups like black lives matter (shoot the pigs) Koran (Islamic violence) etc etc.

I'm off the opinion that I prefer free speech, I'd rather hear something bad and know where its roots are, because the downside of free speech is far less problematic than the downside of banned Orwellian control."