FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > EU Citizenship and Brexit

EU Citizenship and Brexit

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *tella Heels OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

west here ford shire

So I was thinking, and probably got it all wrong..

So I am an EU Citizen, so if I am why should I lose that right because of Brexit?

Surely all people who don’t want Brexit can apply to remain as EU Citizens?

Wouldn’t this fuck up Brexit completely?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *oney to the beeWoman  over a year ago

Manchester

You can apply to become a German but you may have to move there.

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

"

"

Only if you live in Northern Ireland.

You can apply automatically to be a citizen of Ireland (EU) and the UK.

Not so if you live in the rest of the UK, where our EU citizenship is being stripped away.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"

Not so if you live in the rest of the UK, where our EU citizenship is being stripped away.

"

If your parents or grandparents are Irish you can apply for an Irish passport if that helps?

west here ford shire

"

"

thats my point, how do the British government have the right to strip us of this?

"So I was thinking, and probably got it all wrong..

So I am an EU Citizen, so if I am why should I lose that right because of Brexit?

Wouldn’t this fuck up Brexit completely?"

Dunno, maybe start another thread about it.

By *irkydirkyMan  over a year ago

Stevenage

"

"

No you can’t be both, legally you can only hold one passport

west here ford shire

"

No you can’t be both, legally you can only hold one passport "

Erm I’m both at the moment I’m an Eu citizen and British born n bread, lots of people have dual citizenship and two passports??

By *lem-H-FandangoMan  over a year ago

salisbury

"

Erm I’m both at the moment I’m an Eu citizen and British born n bread, lots of people have dual citizenship and two passports??"

Maybe its the yeast?

west here ford shire

Lol sorry typo you know what these iPhones are like

Stevenage

"

Erm I’m both at the moment I’m an Eu citizen and British born n bread, lots of people have dual citizenship and two passports??"

From 2 countries?

I really don't understand why Teresa May refused a referendum on Brexit, she should resign. My heart goes out to ye tbh. Ye will be missed the British, I believe ye were the `back bone` to Europe

By *tace 309TV/TS  over a year ago

durham

"I really don't understand why Teresa May refused a referendum on Brexit, she should resign. My heart goes out to ye tbh. Ye will be missed the British, I believe ye were the `back bone` to Europe "
we had a referendum .its not a game

west here ford shire

"I really don't understand why Teresa May refused a referendum on Brexit, she should resign. My heart goes out to ye tbh. Ye will be missed the British, I believe ye were the `back bone` to Europe we had a referendum .its not a game "

Agreed on this point, but I think we were not given all the true facts at the time, I’m not even sure if british people understood what a nightmare it’s turning out to be

[Removed by poster at 23/11/18 09:26:39]

"I really don't understand why Teresa May refused a referendum on Brexit, she should resign. My heart goes out to ye tbh. Ye will be missed the British, I believe ye were the `back bone` to Europe we had a referendum .its not a game "
She refused a revote.

Hey , The point of this ridiculous thing like Brexit is that if you would live mor than 5 years now in EU , EU country would give you permission to stay permanently and you will have all rights like a citizens has accept of voting, but you could legally work have Medical care etc. ( Brits in Spain ) But if you live in UK than after Brexit you will have have to apply for some kind of permit, British government will do this for all foreigners in UK , they will have to apply for "permanent stay card" and pay equivalent fee as the passport.

You asking about Rights , hmm they do have a rights as this was democratic vote, so majority wants this to happened for you to not be EU citizen anymore therefore you will loos all the rights . according to applying to EU Citizen i think you will have to apply to the specific Country stay permit not to EU citizen as one permit.

No they don't understand at all, This was to complicated subject to give to people to vote for especially that education about economy is required to understand positive and negative site of free goods and people movement what is a fundamental requirement in EU countries. Please remember Uk just few years ago change education law for collage be necessary, not you are 16 years old and that's it for education but those people had make this decision as they didn't understand consequences of it. It's a shame for further generation to close the doors like this.

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

"I really don't understand why Teresa May refused a referendum on Brexit, she should resign. My heart goes out to ye tbh. Ye will be missed the British, I believe ye were the `back bone` to Europe we had a referendum .its not a game

Agreed on this point, but I think we were not given all the true facts at the time, I’m not even sure if british people understood what a nightmare it’s turning out to be"

They believed what was written on the side off a big red bus, true we were not given all the facts.

"I really don't understand why Teresa May refused a referendum on Brexit, she should resign. My heart goes out to ye tbh. Ye will be missed the British, I believe ye were the `back bone` to Europe we had a referendum .its not a game

Agreed on this point, but I think we were not given all the true facts at the time, I’m not even sure if british people understood what a nightmare it’s turning out to be

They believed what was written on the side off a big red bus, true we were not given all the facts."

Not being Racist or anything but when they said a stop to immigration i think people thought Brexit would stop ALL immigration not just those from Europe....

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

I find it quite insulting that remainders keep banging on that leavers are thick and didn't know what they voted for.They voted to leave and I think everyone knew it wasn't going to be easy.

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

"I find it quite insulting that remainders keep banging on that leavers are thick and didn't know what they voted for.They voted to leave and I think everyone knew it wasn't going to be easy."

It's always the same old, same old condescending attitude from remoaners that the people are too thick and not educated enough to vote. We live in a democracy, 1 person = 1 vote, and that's the way it should be. The British people are very well informed and we were bombarded with information on television, radio, social media and in the press from both sides for months before the referendum. To suggest the people didn't know what they were voting for is ridiculous and extremely condescending.

Cannock

"

thats my point, how do the British government have the right to strip us of this?"

You lost the referendum, that's why.

salisbury

I think they thought it might stop the immigrants from Africa and the middle East who walk through other European countries before getting to the UK to apply for refugee status, and financial help. These bigots don't see the benefits of letting these hard working and energised young men into the country where they can settle in areas of South London and improve the local economy and therefore the national economy. Through increasing the ethnic diversity of these areas, we see increased employment and lowered crime rates helped by strict adherence to their religious and moral code no doubt. . Their increasing presence in South London is already substantially improving the way of life for the original citizens of these areas that had historically been victims of high crime rates and suffering the effects of low employment, low community spirit, and low integration with the wider national identity. Hopefully Teresa May's deal will lock us into an agreement with the EU where this flow will not only continue but increase. Helping us all.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

They believed what was written on the side off a big red bus, true we were not given all the facts.

Not being Racist or anything but when they said a stop to immigration i think people thought Brexit would stop ALL immigration not just those from Europe.... "

Some did but that's just down to sheer ignorance, day after the vote there was one old boy interviewed who said 'it's great news, I've got my England back'..

Of course that's not saying that many others thought that..

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"I find it quite insulting that remainders keep banging on that leavers are thick and didn't know what they voted for.They voted to leave and I think everyone knew it wasn't going to be easy."

It's become a bit of a cliche on both sides of the debate, there are and we're people on both sides who were less informed than others but that's par for the course with our electoral system at all levels and the numbers reflect that..

Funny enough with people in power on the leave side who are oft quoted on here, there are and we're some startling claims of just how easy they thought it would be..

Davis and Dorries are still at it..

"I find it quite insulting that remainders keep banging on that leavers are thick and didn't know what they voted for.They voted to leave and I think everyone knew it wasn't going to be easy.

It's become a bit of a cliche on both sides of the debate, there are and we're people on both sides who were less informed than others but that's par for the course with our electoral system at all levels and the numbers reflect that..

Funny enough with people in power on the leave side who are oft quoted on here, there are and we're some startling claims of just how easy they thought it would be..

Davis and Dorries are still at it.. "

Some even thought we'd be out the next day!!!!

Stevenage

"I find it quite insulting that remainders keep banging on that leavers are thick and didn't know what they voted for.They voted to leave and I think everyone knew it wasn't going to be easy.

Some even thought we'd be out the next day!!!! "

How about the ones that believed the big red bus sign saying “£280m for the NHS” hahaha

Cannock

How about the ones that believed the big red bus sign saying “£280m for the NHS” hahaha"

You can't have been paying much attention yourself, that's the wrong figure.

Stevenage

How about the ones that believed the big red bus sign saying “£280m for the NHS” hahaha

You can't have been paying much attention yourself, that's the wrong figure. "

Ok do £350m, shame on me for not remembering a sign that had me thinking “surely there’s no one stupid enough to believe this crap” hahahs

Bristol East

"

thats my point, how do the British government have the right to strip us of this?"

52 per cent of people voted to strip 100 per cent of people of their rights.

Stevenage

"

thats my point, how do the British government have the right to strip us of this?

52 per cent of people voted to strip 100 per cent of people of their rights."

Eh that’s democracy..which as a British citizen you have.

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ahhhhhhhhhhhh ya know what thats all it is from both sides just fucking noise day in day out.as for brexit the gov are fucked if they leave and fucked if they dont.personly i look at it as if we dont leave there are 17 -18 million people who will not trust any of the main parties again.so will start supporting the far left or far right wich cant be a good thing.as for people wanting to remain an eu citizen well only way i can see that happening is if you move to an eu country

Tough shit. I could not care about whether through stating simple observations and objective facts someone gets insulted or offended. Objective truths don't care.

Simple fact is when someone asked me why research would leave the NHS and Uni's post brexit and I explained to them how CTIMPS and a host of other subcomponant EU clinical research systems work, they asked why we can't pay to use them.

They refused to accept the fact that you can only use them if you are in the EEA as a minimum, and that intellectual property is continued to the Single market members. So if you are external you have to wait for a parent to expire.

They asked why we can't pay our way in. Because you need to be operating and agree to the same clinical and legal infastructure. They weren't happy

Simply put my experience amoung the converter is that they listen to brexit leaders as if they are prophets. Placing trust in people who say, 'i believe' or 'i think', as opposed to 'the evidence shows' or 'legally speaking we can agree our case based on X".

Referenda are rediculous concepts which remove accountability. We have seen this absolutely since 2015.

Cannock

Ok do £350m, shame on me for not remembering a sign that had me thinking “surely there’s no one stupid enough to believe this crap” hahahs"

You were stupid enough to post the wrong figure though weren't you.

Bristol East

"

52 per cent of people voted to strip 100 per cent of people of their rights."

Oops, that wasn't correct.

37 per cent of people voted to strip 100 per cent of the people of their rights.

Cannock

Tough shit. I could not care about whether through stating simple observations and objective facts someone gets insulted or offended. Objective truths don't care.

Simple fact is when someone asked me why research would leave the NHS and Uni's post brexit and I explained to them how CTIMPS and a host of other subcomponant EU clinical research systems work, they asked why we can't pay to use them.

They refused to accept the fact that you can only use them if you are in the EEA as a minimum, and that intellectual property is continued to the Single market members. So if you are external you have to wait for a parent to expire.

They asked why we can't pay our way in. Because you need to be operating and agree to the same clinical and legal infastructure. They weren't happy

Simply put my experience amoung the converter is that they listen to brexit leaders as if they are prophets. Placing trust in people who say, 'i believe' or 'i think', as opposed to 'the evidence shows' or 'legally speaking we can agree our case based on X".

Referenda are rediculous concepts which remove accountability. We have seen this absolutely since 2015."

Funny you label Brexit leaders as prophets, I seem to recall remain leaders doing a shed load of prophecy themselves. Such as we 'believe' or 'we think' there will be a deep and immediate recession if the country votes leave, an emergency budget, an 18% drop in house prices and between 500,000 and 800,000 job losses , none of which materialised or happened when the country did vote leave. So funny you should talk about evidence when they came out with all that crap. If anyone should be labelled as false prophets then remainers take the biscuit!

And on the other hand all the promises made by leave campaigns have shown to be spectacularly easy to achieve haven't they

Stevenage

Ok do £350m, shame on me for not remembering a sign that had me thinking “surely there’s no one stupid enough to believe this crap” hahahs

You were stupid enough to post the wrong figure though weren't you. "

Or bright enough to know that the exact number was irrelevant and more focusing on the point, but if you find that the exact number is the part that you understand and want to pinpoint well that’s fine, now I understand more how ye got into the mess lol

salisbury

"

37 per cent of people voted to strip 100 per cent of the people of their rights.

"

So 63% of people either failed to stop them, or didn't care enough about the subject at all.

Bristol East

"

So 63% of people either failed to stop them, or didn't care enough about the subject at all. "

Something like that.

Referenda are rediculous concepts which remove accountability. We have seen this absolutely since 2015.

Funny you label Brexit leaders as prophets, I seem to recall remain leaders doing a shed load of prophecy themselves. Such as we 'believe' or 'we think' there will be a deep and immediate recession if the country votes leave, an emergency budget, an 18% drop in house prices and between 500,000 and 800,000 job losses , none of which materialised or happened when the country did vote leave. So funny you should talk about evidence when they came out with all that crap. If anyone should be labelled as false prophets then remainers take the biscuit! "

You do intrigue me Centy as you are fairly sure that Brexit will have no adverse effects on your life and the results of it will all be good news for you. I wonder what you do for a living that gives you such confidence in Brexit that you are able to shrug off any fears? I have been speculating that you might be in the forces or working for a right wing think tank or political party as your dogmatic belief in the Brexiteer cause with little evidence of potential benefits I find a little peculiar. Would you care to tell why you feel secure that the benefits of a post brexit Great Britain are going to come your way? Oh and please don’t fall into your usual trap of belittling anyone who asks a civil question of you as it’s avoidance like that which betrays your viewpoint.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I think a lot of people would have liked to have had some form of continuity of EU their citizenship but it's tied to having citizenship of a specific country that's witin the EU. Most people aren't wealthy enough to gain a 'golden passport', such as the €650,000 for Malta, €500,000 for real-estate investment in most of Portugal to gain one, amongst many of the EU countries schemes.

Funny you label Brexit leaders as prophets, I seem to recall remain leaders doing a shed load of prophecy themselves. Such as we 'believe' or 'we think' there will be a deep and immediate recession if the country votes leave, an emergency budget, an 18% drop in house prices and between 500,000 and 800,000 job losses , none of which materialised or happened when the country did vote leave. So funny you should talk about evidence when they came out with all that crap. If anyone should be labelled as false prophets then remainers take the biscuit! "

A.) We haven't actually left yet. So far nothing has changed. You should remember that.

B.) The likes of Osborne, Cameron and such I ignored, most other people I know who voted remain did too. It was clear from the range of stats they gave, and the amount of think tanks and research publishers who called them out that the Politicians simply were running with the 'worst case models' to make their argument. I mean they are not statisticians, STEM technologists, or STEM researchers, so it makes sense they cannot understand stats and why academic honesty is important.

C.) As usual you deflected from the core of my point. Honestly, you come across as been full of hot air like the hardliners on both sides of the debate.

D.) By doing nothing but defecting and playing the "well yes, but the people align with said, X, Y and Z, you're actually contributing nothing to the discussion and actively encouraging greater fracturing of societal cohesion.

You might want to tidy your own act up, and make sure your life is in pretty good order before you start trying to meddle in the lives of others.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

If your born in Britain you are British and no peace of paper will change that.If sometime in the future a nation decides to eliminate Brits your peace of paper will not protect you,get real

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

If your parents or grandparents are Irish you can apply for an Irish passport if that helps?"

funny enough actually started filling out my irish passport application forms yesterday......

to be perfectly honest i would almost suggest to anyone eligible for an irish passport to claim for one.....

wasn't one of the things the snp were promising in the indy ref that if the uk left the EU and Scotland got their independence that they would offer anyone living in the UK the option of a Scottish passport.....

Wouldn’t this fuck up Brexit completely?If your born in Britain you are British and no peace of paper will change that.If sometime in the future a nation decides to eliminate Brits your peace of paper will not protect you,get real"

So my french, German, polish and Italian friends all have national passports and they don’t have any intention of losing their identity to a greater EU because weirdly enough if you look at the EU flag it has a star for every nation who is a member. Is it rocket science? The EU is not an empire like China or the USSR was. The closest it comes close to emulating is the USA where individual states have their own laws which are subject to federal law (sound familiar?) but only if there are conflicts between the two. Which is how we have different income tax and vat rates to other countries. It’s a useful confederation but it’s not the fourth reich. Step back, take a breath and consider that thought before you go blaming Johnny Foreigner for the woes of the world.

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

Fabio you’ve been saying this for months and months about the Irish passport how many bloody pages is it your still not done it or is this a bit like all those actors in the USA that said if trump got in they were moving to Canada lol

Bristol East

"If your born in Britain you are British and no peace of paper will change that.If sometime in the future a nation decides to eliminate Brits your peace of paper will not protect you,get real"

Er, no.

You have the right to assert your own nationality or citizenship.

You do not have the right to assert anyone else's.

It is quite possible to be born in these islands and choose to hold the passport or nationality of a different state.

Just as it is quite possible to born in a different state and hold a UK passport.

By *bandjam91Couple  over a year ago

London

It's always the same old, same old condescending attitude from remoaners that the people are too thick and not educated enough to vote. We live in a democracy, 1 person = 1 vote, and that's the way it should be. The British people are very well informed and we were bombarded with information on television, radio, social media and in the press from both sides for months before the referendum. To suggest the people didn't know what they were voting for is ridiculous and extremely condescending. "

Evidence clearly shows Brexit voters are generally less educated than Remainers.

Also, you're always the one banging on about young voters not being as wise as older ones.

So yet again you undermine your own arguments. QED on the first point then.

London

It's always the same old, same old condescending attitude from remoaners that the people are too thick and not educated enough to vote. We live in a democracy, 1 person = 1 vote, and that's the way it should be. The British people are very well informed and we were bombarded with information on television, radio, social media and in the press from both sides for months before the referendum. To suggest the people didn't know what they were voting for is ridiculous and extremely condescending.

Evidence clearly shows Brexit voters are generally less educated than Remainers.

Also, you're always the one banging on about young voters not being as wise as older ones.

So yet again you undermine your own arguments. QED on the first point then."

Ps. Much of the info put out has clearly been shown to be wrong. Has been going back years. Like the EU banning bendy banana lie.

That's the thing about education, it teaches you to think critically rather than just copy and paste from the daily mail....

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Fabio you’ve been saying this for months and months about the Irish passport how many bloody pages is it your still not done it or is this a bit like all those actors in the USA that said if trump got in they were moving to Canada lol"

waiting to see how close to brexit we would finally get before making these types of decisions...

i know that you are being flippant in my case, and i don't take any offence at all, but people who are in effect not residents are such are having to these types of decisons on how to protect themselves and what this means in the future....

case in point, i work with someone who is dutch and married to a british person .... never needed a british passport, just lived here happily and been working here to make peoples lives here better on his dutch passport....

he has just go thru the whole process of becoming a british citizen, and it costs a whole lot of money! (plus you should see the actual citizen test people have to take!... i swear most people here probably wouldn't pass it if they had to take it) because no one knew what was going to happen!

our workload at pensions has gone up because we have worried people, brits living overseas, and overseas people living here... who are making these sorts of decisions!

so people who "gloat" over the decision made (some are guilty of doing it this very thread) i don't think realise what a worrying time it is for others....

mine and my sisters situations are different, just because when we both came over, she was younger than me my parents made the decision for her, i was older so they let me make some of the decisions that affected me, and i love them for trusting me to make those decisions.....

it is a serious topic... i just wish some would have empathy for others in having to make those decisions!

Stevenage

"If your born in Britain you are British and no peace of paper will change that.If sometime in the future a nation decides to eliminate Brits your peace of paper will not protect you,get real

Er, no.

It is quite possible to be born in these islands and choose to hold the passport or nationality of a different state.

Just as it is quite possible to born in a different state and hold a UK passport.

"

Obviously only if you fit the criteria needed by said state/country.. not exactly a full blown choice.

Bristol East

"

Obviously only if you fit the criteria needed by said state/country.. not exactly a full blown choice."

Donald Trump could play centre-forward for Scotland . . . if he was good enough

Stevenage

"

Obviously only if you fit the criteria needed by said state/country.. not exactly a full blown choice.

Donald Trump could play centre-forward for Scotland . . . if he was good enough

"

Eh ok...

Bristol East

Lol, yes his mother Mary was born in Lewis, so he is eligible. So, too, his kids lol

Stevenage

"Lol, yes his mother Mary was born in Lewis, so he is eligible. So, too, his kids lol"

I was actually half way finished a reply, a since you just switched Brexit to trump I deleted it and really can’t be bothered now..

By *inkywife1981Couple  over a year ago

A town near you

Irish passport office is snowed under with Brits applying for Irish passports through Irish parents/grandparents/spouses/spouses family etc

thornaby

"Fabio you’ve been saying this for months and months about the Irish passport how many bloody pages is it your still not done it or is this a bit like all those actors in the USA that said if trump got in they were moving to Canada lol

waiting to see how close to brexit we would finally get before making these types of decisions...

i know that you are being flippant in my case, and i don't take any offence at all, but people who are in effect not residents are such are having to these types of decisons on how to protect themselves and what this means in the future....

case in point, i work with someone who is dutch and married to a british person .... never needed a british passport, just lived here happily and been working here to make peoples lives here better on his dutch passport....

he has just go thru the whole process of becoming a british citizen, and it costs a whole lot of money! (plus you should see the actual citizen test people have to take!... i swear most people here probably wouldn't pass it if they had to take it) because no one knew what was going to happen!

our workload at pensions has gone up because we have worried people, brits living overseas, and overseas people living here... who are making these sorts of decisions!

so people who "gloat" over the decision made (some are guilty of doing it this very thread) i don't think realise what a worrying time it is for others....

mine and my sisters situations are different, just because when we both came over, she was younger than me my parents made the decision for her, i was older so they let me make some of the decisions that affected me, and i love them for trusting me to make those decisions.....

it is a serious topic... i just wish some would have empathy for others in having to make those decisions!"

sorry yes I was being flippant I just don’t understand what the big gain is travel wise unless your planning on moving to a eu country to live if it’s only a few pounds for a visa and ten mins in a line at passport control then I can’t see the point ?

salisbury

So yet again you undermine your own arguments. QED on the first point then."

Do you think the opinion of those people deemed "less educated" is less valid? Should these people be prevented from voting? How can we remainers end their menace?!

A town near you

"

If your parents or grandparents are Irish you can apply for an Irish passport if that helps?

funny enough actually started filling out my irish passport application forms yesterday......

to be perfectly honest i would almost suggest to anyone eligible for an irish passport to claim for one.....

wasn't one of the things the snp were promising in the indy ref that if the uk left the EU and Scotland got their independence that they would offer anyone living in the UK the option of a Scottish passport.....

"

Out of curiosity Fabio how do you qualify for an Irish passport, you describe you self a a black American living in England. Your perfectly welcome btw, I'm just curious.

Stevenage

Do you think the opinion of those people deemed "less educated" is less valid? Should these people be prevented from voting? How can we remainers end their menace?!"

Judging by some of the comments here, they should also not be let reproduce..

salisbury

I think America and Europe should lead us by example by throwing open their boarders between the US and Mexico/Canada, and Europe and Asia/the middle East. Then we can see how well that goes for them through obviously jealous eyes...

A town near you

Do you think the opinion of those people deemed "less educated" is less valid? Should these people be prevented from voting? How can we remainers end their menace?!

Judging by some of the comments here, they should also not be let reproduce.. "

Wow. what next burning books you disapprove of, maybe just make leavers where some kind of badge so they are easily identifiable

Stevenage

Wow. what next burning books you disapprove of, maybe just make leavers where some kind of badge so they are easily identifiable"

*Wear

A town near you

Wow. what next burning books you disapprove of, maybe just make leavers where some kind of badge so they are easily identifiable

*Wear"

Sorry, make leavers wear a badge so they can be identified.

Cannock

"Fabio you’ve been saying this for months and months about the Irish passport how many bloody pages is it your still not done it or is this a bit like all those actors in the USA that said if trump got in they were moving to Canada lol

it is a serious topic... i just wish some would have empathy for others in having to make those decisions! sorry yes I was being flippant I just don’t understand what the big gain is travel wise unless your planning on moving to a eu country to live if it’s only a few pounds for a visa and ten mins in a line at passport control then I can’t see the point ?"

It's just remoaners acting like drama Queens as usual. Over dramatising the situation for their own narrow political reasons. If May's deal gets through then we Brexit and you won't even need a visa for short term trips to the EU (one or 2 week holidays then things stay as they are). People will only need a visa for long term stays or to go to work in other countries. As for the passports i can't wait to get rid of my EU one. I don't want the words European Union on my passport. Bring on the Blue British passport as soon as possible.

Stevenage

it is a serious topic... i just wish some would have empathy for others in having to make those decisions! sorry yes I was being flippant I just don’t understand what the big gain is travel wise unless your planning on moving to a eu country to live if it’s only a few pounds for a visa and ten mins in a line at passport control then I can’t see the point ?

It's just remoaners acting like drama Queens as usual. Over dramatising the situation for their own narrow political reasons. If May's deal gets through then we Brexit and you won't even need a visa for short term trips to the EU (one or 2 week holidays then things stay as they are). People will only need a visa for long term stays or to go to work in other countries. As for the passports i can't wait to get rid of my EU one. I don't want the words European Union on my passport. Bring on the Blue British passport as soon as possible. "

And will Britain become a thing of the past, with Scotland likely to have a independence referendum expected to go through, Ireland becoming one nation once again, so that’ll just leave England and Wales, so what will they do, it’s anyones guess... can’t wait

Cannock

it is a serious topic... i just wish some would have empathy for others in having to make those decisions! sorry yes I was being flippant I just don’t understand what the big gain is travel wise unless your planning on moving to a eu country to live if it’s only a few pounds for a visa and ten mins in a line at passport control then I can’t see the point ?

It's just remoaners acting like drama Queens as usual. Over dramatising the situation for their own narrow political reasons. If May's deal gets through then we Brexit and you won't even need a visa for short term trips to the EU (one or 2 week holidays then things stay as they are). People will only need a visa for long term stays or to go to work in other countries. As for the passports i can't wait to get rid of my EU one. I don't want the words European Union on my passport. Bring on the Blue British passport as soon as possible.

And will Britain become a thing of the past, with Scotland likely to have a independence referendum expected to go through, Ireland becoming one nation once again, so that’ll just leave England and Wales, so what will they do, it’s anyones guess... can’t wait "

Support for Scottish independence has collapsed since the country voted Leave in 2016. The SNP had big losses at the general election in 2017 and the party backing Brexit the Tories gained a lot of seats in Scotland.

Stevenage

[Removed by poster at 24/11/18 00:27:11]

Stevenage

And will Britain become a thing of the past, with Scotland likely to have a independence referendum expected to go through, Ireland becoming one nation once again, so that’ll just leave England and Wales, so what will they do, it’s anyones guess... can’t wait

Support for Scottish independence has collapsed since the country voted Leave in 2016. The SNP had big losses at the general election in 2017 and the party backing Brexit the Tories gained a lot of seats in Scotland. "

Let’s wait and see what happens post brexit

London

[Removed by poster at 24/11/18 01:10:21]

London

Do you think the opinion of those people deemed "less educated" is less valid? Should these people be prevented from voting? How can we remainers end their menace?!"

No, I don't think their opinion or vote is less valid. However, I do believe they've been misled into turning their anger and frustration in the wrong direction.

By *laytimenowMan  over a year ago

Essex

"

No you can’t be both, legally you can only hold one passport "

What a load of old Tosh .

Only legally hold 1 passport .

I have 2 members of my Family who have 2 & could if they wanted to apply for a British one as well.

By *laytimenowMan  over a year ago

Essex

P.S anyone wanting an Irish passport should just do so online.

Get your digital photo from snappy snaps ( or like )

Get the photo sized for an Irish EU passport ( its different to others)

Make the payment, job done.

Had to renew mine this year & knightsbridge doesnt deal with the process anymore.

Applied on a Monday had the passport delivered on the Thursday.

3 day wait cant be bad.

By *andS66Couple  over a year ago

Derby

Not being Racist or anything but when they said a stop to immigration i think people thought Brexit would stop ALL immigration not just those from Europe.... "

They never said a stop to immigration.....and I think everyone knew that the EU referendum was about EU issues.

And btw, Europe is not the EU.

Derby

"I think they thought it might stop the immigrants from Africa and the middle East who walk through other European countries before getting to the UK to apply for refugee status, and financial help. These bigots don't see the benefits of letting these hard working and energised young men into the country where they can settle in areas of South London and improve the local economy and therefore the national economy. Through increasing the ethnic diversity of these areas, we see increased employment and lowered crime rates helped by strict adherence to their religious and moral code no doubt. . Their increasing presence in South London is already substantially improving the way of life for the original citizens of these areas that had historically been victims of high crime rates and suffering the effects of low employment, low community spirit, and low integration with the wider national identity. Hopefully Teresa May's deal will lock us into an agreement with the EU where this flow will not only continue but increase. Helping us all. "

Derby

Or bright enough to know that the exact number was irrelevant and more focusing on the point, but if you find that the exact number is the part that you understand and want to pinpoint well that’s fine, now I understand more how ye got into the mess lol "

So the point you'be made is that 'it's not the exact figure that we give to the EU that is relevant, it's the magnitude of that figure'.

You should have campaigned for leave....

Derby

"

"

Another one that thinks new-born babies should be eligible to vote.

Derby

Wouldn’t this fuck up Brexit completely?If your born in Britain you are British and no peace of paper will change that.If sometime in the future a nation decides to eliminate Brits your peace of paper will not protect you,get real

So my french, German, polish and Italian friends all have national passports and they don’t have any intention of losing their identity to a greater EU because weirdly enough if you look at the EU flag it has a star for every nation who is a member. Is it rocket science? The EU is not an empire like China or the USSR was. The closest it comes close to emulating is the USA where individual states have their own laws which are subject to federal law (sound familiar?) but only if there are conflicts between the two. Which is how we have different income tax and vat rates to other countries. It’s a useful confederation but it’s not the fourth reich. Step back, take a breath and consider that thought before you go blaming Johnny Foreigner for the woes of the world."

Shows how much notice you take of your 'EU Flag'...there is not a star for every member. So saying that there is a star for evey member, and that proves that countries will not lose their identity, actually proves the opposite. Step back, take a breath, and consider that thought.

By *amfabMan  over a year ago

Luton

Europe is the continent the EU is is the union of countries , the EU commission and the EU courts .. control the united countries not the continent .. ,

end of the day the vote was leave the biggest democratic vote in our history no matter who voted what and who agrees or disagrees the vote was passed , we chose to leave , anything other than leaving is un-democratic , calling a second vote is un-democratic , the people's vote is un-democratic , we voted leave as a country and that's what we should do regardless of the consequence .. otherwise we could potentially have a vote after vote after vote cos no side will accept defeat .. democracy can't have a second go , that's un-democratic

Theresa May is selling us out btw

Derby

it is a serious topic... i just wish some would have empathy for others in having to make those decisions!"

Fabio, please don't take offence at this, as none is intended. I'm saying this 'tongue in cheek'.

Why did your parents make the decision for your sister? Because she was 'too young', and not old enough / not experienced enough to be able to weigh up the arguments for and against?

Do you mean to say, an older generation made a decision that would have a far greater longer term impact on a younger generation, than it would on them, because they believed it would be for the best for their future?

That only 75% of the people affected in your house had any say? And that of those that did have a say, a third of them, the youngest, was only allowed to have a say in 'some' of the things that affected them for the rest of their lives?

Did you all know, before the final decision was made, everything about that decision - where you'd live, the house you'd live in, jobs you'd have, schools/unis, future friends, the costs of everything, tax rates, where you would do your shopping, etc, etc, etc? In short, was their a fully detailed and defined plan before you made the decision?

When you came over here, there must have been a period of adjustment, it can't have been easy for some time. But it's turned out well for you all, (I hope), and that you've all benefited from the decision to leave that, essentially, only 50% of the people affected, 'voted' for.

Derby

*Wear

Sorry, make leavers wear a badge so they can be identified. "

Maybe remainers could make them wear a yellow star.....

Stevenage

Or bright enough to know that the exact number was irrelevant and more focusing on the point, but if you find that the exact number is the part that you understand and want to pinpoint well that’s fine, now I understand more how ye got into the mess lol

So the point you'be made is that 'it's not the exact figure that we give to the EU that is relevant, it's the magnitude of that figure'.

You should have campaigned for leave...."

No, just the exact figure that I gave, keep up haha... for people to look at that billboard and think “oh wouldn’t that be great” well... these people still manage to walk amongst us haha

Stevenage

"

What a load of old Tosh .

Only legally hold 1 passport .

I have 2 members of my Family who have 2 & could if they wanted to apply for a British one as well.

"

I also hold 2, but did you see everyone scurrying to find out

*Wear

Sorry, make leavers wear a badge so they can be identified.

Maybe remainers could make them wear a yellow star....."

Not in good taste !

Bristol East

"

Another one that thinks new-born babies should be eligible to vote."

Lol. No, that's the percentage of the total electorate eligible to vote who actually voted to remove EU citizenship from the UK population.

Which was enough for it to happen.

Bristol East

"

Support for Scottish independence has collapsed since the country voted Leave in 2016. The SNP had big losses at the general election in 2017 and the party backing Brexit the Tories gained a lot of seats in Scotland. "

Do you just make this stuff up?

Voting intentions in Scotland since the 2014 referendum haven't changed.

The Leave vote is still around 45 %

At the 2015 General Election, the SNP held onto the Leave vote while Remain was splintered across Labour, Lib Dem and Conservative - hence the landslide.

At the 2017 General Election, Ruth Davidson went out of her to capture the Remain vote for the Conservative AND UNIONIST Party.

Hence she collected enough MPs - 13 - to prop up Mrs May.

The Leave vote is pretty much unchanged in every poll.

There has not been a "Brexit bounce", but neither has it dented support.

Mrs Sturgeon really wants to be hitting 60 % in the polls before trying again.

If the UK lurches further to the right, that may help, as did Spain this week when it reversed its previous opposition to Scotland joining the EU.

Bristol East

Re the Conservative MPs in Scotland, this is where it gets tricky for Mrs May.

Ruth Davidson won 13 seats in 2017, mostly in the traditional fishing communities on the east cost.

Her message was unequivocal - vote Conservative and we'll give you back control of your fishing grounds by taking you out the CFP; vote SNP and they'll take you back in.

It worked.

Any ambiguity about the CFP in the withdrawal agreement leaves those 13 Scottish Conservative MPs on a sticky wicket.

They are already making noises about not being able to support it.

France and spain are getting quite close these days with france buying more lamb from spain in prefference to the UK and we are still in the EU.

Wouldn’t this fuck up Brexit completely?If your born in Britain you are British and no peace of paper will change that.If sometime in the future a nation decides to eliminate Brits your peace of paper will not protect you,get real

So my french, German, polish and Italian friends all have national passports and they don’t have any intention of losing their identity to a greater EU because weirdly enough if you look at the EU flag it has a star for every nation who is a member. Is it rocket science? The EU is not an empire like China or the USSR was. The closest it comes close to emulating is the USA where individual states have their own laws which are subject to federal law (sound familiar?) but only if there are conflicts between the two. Which is how we have different income tax and vat rates to other countries. It’s a useful confederation but it’s not the fourth reich. Step back, take a breath and consider that thought before you go blaming Johnny Foreigner for the woes of the world.

Shows how much notice you take of your 'EU Flag'...there is not a star for every member. So saying that there is a star for evey member, and that proves that countries will not lose their identity, actually proves the opposite. Step back, take a breath, and consider that thought."

I suppose I am wrong then about everything because I am a stupid scared remainer who’s just talking emotional nonsense eh? Well I’m sorry to all the other remainers for slightly undermining their well thought out and coherent arguments in support of staying in the eu. I can only blame it on my emotions overtaking my better judgement, but at least I am not defending liars like Farage and the leave campaign (battle bus) so I at least still have my honour. Oh and answer the fecking questions instead of trotting out the same old bully boy behaviour

"I think they thought it might stop the immigrants from Africa and the middle East who walk through other European countries before getting to the UK to apply for refugee status, and financial help. These bigots don't see the benefits of letting these hard working and energised young men into the country where they can settle in areas of South London and improve the local economy and therefore the national economy. Through increasing the ethnic diversity of these areas, we see increased employment and lowered crime rates helped by strict adherence to their religious and moral code no doubt. . Their increasing presence in South London is already substantially improving the way of life for the original citizens of these areas that had historically been victims of high crime rates and suffering the effects of low employment, low community spirit, and low integration with the wider national identity. Hopefully Teresa May's deal will lock us into an agreement with the EU where this flow will not only continue but increase. Helping us all. "

Are you for real? Lmfao!

London is a shit hole, despite the flashy buildings, and a very dangerous shit hole to boot. Kids stabbing one another left right and center.

Please tell me your post was ironic humour!!

"

Because we had a f***ing referendum on EU membership and the majority vote was to leave. The government have been mandated by the people to do this - that's what 'right' they have.

I don't see what is so difficult to understand.

It was made perfectly clear, by both sides I might add, what leaving the EU would mean - including leaving the Single market and the Customs union

With regard to passports I renewed mine last year .Will I have to pay again or is a free replacement after brexit or do I keep the old Eu one until it expires.??

Not being Racist or anything but when they said a stop to immigration i think people thought Brexit would stop ALL immigration not just those from Europe....

They never said a stop to immigration.....and I think everyone knew that the EU referendum was about EU issues.

And btw, Europe is not the EU."

I'll go tell the chaps on the council estate 5 mins jog from my house that. A council estate of maybe 3000 people, strongest concentration of the leave vote in my constituency, nobody racist from what I can tell, but all demanding the government lower immigration until schools and education are improved for people who still have most of their working lives.

I'll go tell them, oh that thing you voted for, brexit, not about lowering immigration, we just want immigrants from a greater range of countries.

It's heart breaking to talk to them cause all they want is for themselves, or their family members to get a better education so they can have a steady job, but they refused to acknowledge that it means more taxes from somewhere, or more monetary investment from private firms. Couple brexit disruption with that and something will break.

It's horrid really, I get their point of view and it's honestly a Salt of the Earth view, but I can't see the finances lining up up the next 5 years.

"

Because we had a f***ing referendum on EU membership and the majority vote was to leave. The government have been mandated by the people to do this - that's what 'right' they have.

I don't see what is so difficult to understand.

It was made perfectly clear, by both sides I might add, what leaving the EU would mean - including leaving the Single market and the Customs union"

May I ask, if a political party for the 2022 general election put in their manifesto (a document you can take a political group to court over) "With a majority we will take Britain back into the EU." And then they proceeded to get a majority in the Commons, lets just say bigger than Blair, Cameron's or Thatcher's. Would you accept that?

I mean the majority would vote for the reversal of the decision.

"With regard to passports I renewed mine last year .Will I have to pay again or is a free replacement after brexit or do I keep the old Eu one until it expires.??

"

You keep the one you have until it expires

London

"Europe is the continent the EU is is the union of countries , the EU commission and the EU courts .. control the united countries not the continent .. ,

end of the day the vote was leave the biggest democratic vote in our history no matter who voted what and who agrees or disagrees the vote was passed , we chose to leave , anything other than leaving is un-democratic , calling a second vote is un-democratic , the people's vote is un-democratic , we voted leave as a country and that's what we should do regardless of the consequence .. otherwise we could potentially have a vote after vote after vote cos no side will accept defeat .. democracy can't have a second go , that's un-democratic

Theresa May is selling us out btw"

You can't undermine democracy with democracy. Period.

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"Europe is the continent the EU is is the union of countries , the EU commission and the EU courts .. control the united countries not the continent .. ,

You can't undermine democracy with democracy. Period."

I'm not sure where democracy comes into a persons rights though

So if by vote a majority gang up on a minority and deny them rights, democratic it maybe however is it moral ?

Illustrating the random misuse of the word can be dangerous to a healthy society

Back to the point , do I have a right to Eu citizenship that by the current Eu laws cannot , even if democratically forced from me be taken ?

Cannock

So if by vote a majority gang up on a minority and deny them rights, democratic it maybe however is it moral ?

Illustrating the random misuse of the word can be dangerous to a healthy society

Back to the point , do I have a right to Eu citizenship that by the current Eu laws cannot , even if democratically forced from me be taken ?"

You could say that the minority who voted against joining the common market in the 1970's had EU citizenship forced upon them against their will. What about their right to not become an EU citizen, weren't their rights violated in the first place.

Bristol East

"

You could say that the minority who voted against joining the common market in the 1970's had EU citizenship forced upon them against their will. What about their right to not become an EU citizen, weren't their rights violated in the first place. "

Yes, but those people had the choice not to exercise their rights.

False equivalence.

The 48 per cent do not have any choice - they will have no rights in EU law, full stop.

Bristol East

I suppose the good news, if there's any, is that our rulers stopped short of taking us out of that great British bulwark against fascism - the European Convention of Human Rights.

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

Back to the point , do I have a right to Eu citizenship that by the current Eu laws cannot , even if democratically forced from me be taken ?

You could say that the minority who voted against joining the common market in the 1970's had EU citizenship forced upon them against their will. What about their right to not become an EU citizen, weren't their rights violated in the first place. "

As noted false equivalence , also lets for your argument say yes their rights were violated , how does that revelation not illustrate it is wrong for me to lose my rights now . You're just confirming it would be wrong

Secondly , what rights did they lose ? Please list them

salisbury

"I think they thought it might stop the immigrants from Africa and the middle East who walk through other European countries before getting to the UK to apply for refugee status, and financial help. These bigots don't see the benefits of letting these hard working and energised young men into the country where they can settle in areas of South London and improve the local economy and therefore the national economy. Through increasing the ethnic diversity of these areas, we see increased employment and lowered crime rates helped by strict adherence to their religious and moral code no doubt. . Their increasing presence in South London is already substantially improving the way of life for the original citizens of these areas that had historically been victims of high crime rates and suffering the effects of low employment, low community spirit, and low integration with the wider national identity. Hopefully Teresa May's deal will lock us into an agreement with the EU where this flow will not only continue but increase. Helping us all.

Are you for real? Lmfao!

London is a shit hole, despite the flashy buildings, and a very dangerous shit hole to boot. Kids stabbing one another left right and center.

Please tell me your post was ironic humour!!"

Surely you can see how post war immigration policy has improved London? Some areas of London were lawless places that the police feared to tread until greater ethnic diversity totally improved the city and its suburbs. And is continuing to improve it.

Bristol East

Of course, Centaur and his chums on their way to Benidorm could easily have opted out of their rights by joining the queue for "arrivals from outside the EU" at Alicante Airport. and waiting for ages to reach the beach. But I somehow suspect they chose to exercise them.

salisbury

"Of course, Centaur and his chums on their way to Benidorm could easily have opted out of their rights by joining the queue for "arrivals from outside the EU" at Alicante Airport. and waiting for ages to reach the beach. But I somehow suspect they chose to exercise them.

"

It's just embarrassing. As a remain supporter, I wish some of you could make a point without having to try to belittle people personally. Your inability to understand the point of view of working class leave voters is frankly appalling.

Bristol East

Benidorm is fab.

Have you been?

I go to the old town.

Keep away from Centy and his chums along the new bit.

Cannock

"Of course, Centaur and his chums on their way to Benidorm could easily have opted out of their rights by joining the queue for "arrivals from outside the EU" at Alicante Airport. and waiting for ages to reach the beach. But I somehow suspect they chose to exercise them.

"

What you fail to mention is the traffic going in the other direction coming back to UK airports. If we hadn't joined the EU then we would've had "UK passport holders only" queues at uk airports and the EU passport holders would've been in "rest of the world" queue. So that is a right that has been taken away from people who never wanted to join the EU. We could've had much quicker access back into the UK for UK passport holders outside of the EU. This is something which Theresa May and Sajid Javid are looking at introducing now anyway after Brexit (much to your annoyance I'm sure). I'm sure the likes of you, Fabio and your chums will be more than happy to join the 'rest of the world' queue's at UK airports with your Irish passports though while I go through the 'UK passport holders only' queue with my new blue British passport and get home much more quicker than you.

Cannock

"Benidorm is fab.

Have you been?

I go to the old town.

"

Only ever been once about 10 years ago, never again.

Been to Gran Canaria for the last 3 years.

"Benidorm is fab.

Have you been?

I go to the old town.

"

I like Benidorm, especially The Golden Last pubs in old and new town.

Derby

And btw, Europe is not the EU.

I'll go tell the chaps on the council estate 5 mins jog from my house that. A council estate of maybe 3000 people, strongest concentration of the leave vote in my constituency, nobody racist from what I can tell, but all demanding the government lower immigration until schools and education are improved for people who still have most of their working lives.

I'll go tell them, oh that thing you voted for, brexit, not about lowering immigration, we just want immigrants from a greater range of countries.

It's heart breaking to talk to them cause all they want is for themselves, or their family members to get a better education so they can have a steady job, but they refused to acknowledge that it means more taxes from somewhere, or more monetary investment from private firms. Couple brexit disruption with that and something will break.

It's horrid really, I get their point of view and it's honestly a Salt of the Earth view, but I can't see the finances lining up up the next 5 years.

"

You do understand the difference between 'lowering' immigration and 'stopping' immigration don't you?

thornaby

"Benidorm is fab.

Have you been?

I go to the old town.

I like Benidorm, especially The Golden Last pubs in old and new town. "

love beni something for everyone unless you like to look down your nose at ppl we have only had good times there don’t understand why ppl knock it tho

Derby

If just 67 people had voted against us joining the EEC, we would never have joined in the first place.

A town near you

"I think they thought it might stop the immigrants from Africa and the middle East who walk through other European countries before getting to the UK to apply for refugee status, and financial help. These bigots don't see the benefits of letting these hard working and energised young men into the country where they can settle in areas of South London and improve the local economy and therefore the national economy. Through increasing the ethnic diversity of these areas, we see increased employment and lowered crime rates helped by strict adherence to their religious and moral code no doubt. . Their increasing presence in South London is already substantially improving the way of life for the original citizens of these areas that had historically been victims of high crime rates and suffering the effects of low employment, low community spirit, and low integration with the wider national identity. Hopefully Teresa May's deal will lock us into an agreement with the EU where this flow will not only continue but increase. Helping us all.

Are you for real? Lmfao!

Surely you can see how post war immigration policy has improved London? Some areas of London were lawless places that the police feared to tread until greater ethnic diversity totally improved the city and its suburbs. And is continuing to improve it. "

I seen an article in a UK newspaper in which a young black guy from London was explaining the rise in violence, he said that the local kids/gangs had been forced to become more violent as the new immigrants from Somalia and Sudan for example were much more prepared to use extreme violence to move in on new turf so to speak. I would attach a link to the article but it was a while ago but I'm sure anyone could Google it

"

I have three passports.

British, Irish (gee thanks dad you prick) and South African.

salisbury

Are you for real? Lmfao!

Surely you can see how post war immigration policy has improved London? Some areas of London were lawless places that the police feared to tread until greater ethnic diversity totally improved the city and its suburbs. And is continuing to improve it.

I seen an article in a UK newspaper in which a young black guy from London was explaining the rise in violence, he said that the local kids/gangs had been forced to become more violent as the new immigrants from Somalia and Sudan for example were much more prepared to use extreme violence to move in on new turf so to speak. I would attach a link to the article but it was a while ago but I'm sure anyone could Google it"

That would make sense.

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Newbury

It's just embarrassing. As a remain supporter, I wish some of you could make a point without having to try to belittle people personally. Your inability to understand the point of view of working class leave voters is frankly appalling. "

Remain does seem to be the choice for the patronising lower middle class.

I honestly think they view the working classes in a very Victorian way.

salisbury

It's just embarrassing. As a remain supporter, I wish some of you could make a point without having to try to belittle people personally. Your inability to understand the point of view of working class leave voters is frankly appalling.

I honestly think they view the working classes in a very Victorian way."

Seen and not heard.

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Newbury

I honestly think they view the working classes in a very Victorian way.

Seen and not heard. "

I was thinking more of "deserving" and "undeserving" poor.

Bristol East

What about the queue from the Isle of Man? Have you seen how big that is?

Bristol East

"

Only ever been once about 10 years ago, never again.

Been to Gran Canaria for the last 3 years. "

The old town is very chilled out. Did you make it that far?

Bristol East

"

I seen an article in a UK newspaper in which a young black guy from London was explaining the rise in violence, he said that the local kids/gangs had been forced to become more violent as the new immigrants from Somalia and Sudan for example were much more prepared to use extreme violence to move in on new turf so to speak. I would attach a link to the article but it was a while ago but I'm sure anyone could Google it"

Evolution. That's what it's called. The next generation grow up even tougher!

London boys, eh?

Bristol East

I discovered the most peculiar thing about Benidorm.

Glasgow people go to Blackpool for their holidays.

Birmingham people go to Weston Super Mare for their holidays.

Madrid people go to Benidorm for their holidays.

One beach is all Madrid homes.

Old town on the headland is the LGBT thing.

Other beach is the English/British.

It's got absolutely everything.

Benidorm, it's not all like what you watch on the telly.

upton wirral

"If your born in Britain you are British and no peace of paper will change that.If sometime in the future a nation decides to eliminate Brits your peace of paper will not protect you,get real

Er, no.

"

Your very innocent,you can choose anything ou want but your DNA is your DNA if someone comes hunting Brits a different passport will not save you

Er, no.

Your very innocent,you can choose anything ou want but your DNA is your DNA if someone comes hunting Brits a different passport will not save you"

So who is going to come hunting Brits? Is it something to do with Brexit or just an overripe imagination?

west here ford shire

I love posting threads that create such diverse responses

By *ild_oatsMan  over a year ago

the land of saints & sinners

If brexit goes ahead (I hope that really doesn’t) There will be increased pressure from the SNP for indpendence which will break up the union.

If I can’t stop brexit I certainly welcome the indedence of Scotland and the breakup of the Union so I can claim Scotish citizenship and regain my EU Citizenship and all the benefits that go with it.

Brexit = Unintended consequences

thornaby

"If brexit goes ahead (I hope that really doesn’t) There will be increased pressure from the SNP for indpendence which will break up the union.

If I can’t stop brexit I certainly welcome the indedence of Scotland and the breakup of the Union so I can claim Scotish citizenship and regain my EU Citizenship and all the benefits that go with it.

Well atleast you are putting the country first and not yrself lol

"

"If brexit goes ahead (I hope that really doesn’t) There will be increased pressure from the SNP for indpendence which will break up the union.

Well atleast you are putting the country first and not yrself lol

"

I did put my country first .... I voted to Remain

Bristol East

"

Your very innocent,you can choose anything ou want but your DNA is your DNA if someone comes hunting Brits a different passport will not save you"

Bizarre.

Your DNA is inherited from your ancestors. Place of birth has absolutely no bearing on it.

By *oi_LucyCouple  over a year ago

Barbados

Er, no.

Wtf?!

Do you need the ‘birds and bees’ talk?

-Matt

"

Your very innocent,you can choose anything ou want but your DNA is your DNA if someone comes hunting Brits a different passport will not save you

Bizarre.

Your DNA is inherited from your ancestors. Place of birth has absolutely no bearing on it.

"

In other words a dog born in a stable doth not a horse become!

Cannock

"

Demand for Scottish independence hasn't really increased since the UK voted to leave the EU though has it. Just look at the general election results in 2017 the SNP took a spanking and lost seats while the party of Brexit the tories gained 13 seats in Scotland.

Bristol East

"

Demand for Scottish independence hasn't really increased since the UK voted to leave the EU though has it. Just look at the general election results in 2017 the SNP took a spanking and lost seats while the party of Brexit the tories gained 13 seats in Scotland. "

The Tories are indeed the party of Brexit. They have claimed ownership of it. Consequently, the electorate will see them as the people responsible for whatever happens as a result.

"

Demand for Scottish independence hasn't really increased since the UK voted to leave the EU though has it. Just look at the general election results in 2017 the SNP took a spanking and lost seats while the party of Brexit the tories gained 13 seats in Scotland.

The Tories are indeed the party of Brexit. They have claimed ownership of it. Consequently, the electorate will see them as the people responsible for whatever happens as a result."

No one else can be responsible though can they

Demand for Scottish independence hasn't really increased since the UK voted to leave the EU though has it. Just look at the general election results in 2017 the SNP took a spanking and lost seats while the party of Brexit the tories gained 13 seats in Scotland. "

I actually said “will” not “has” increased.

The SNP are waiting to see the outcome of the N.I. Issue...

I still think the break up of the union will a consequence of brexit. Maybe not tomorrow but it will happen

upton wirral

Er, no.

So who is going to come hunting Brits? Is it something to do with Brexit or just an overripe imagination? "

History tells us to expect the unexpected

By *icklybitMan  over a year ago

Ayrshire

This subject was brought up during the Scottish independence referendum campaign, here is a link to a letter written by the Vice President of the EU commission at the time to the Scottish Parliament.

It may help.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.parliament.scot/S4_EuropeanandExternalRelationsCommittee/2014_06_04_Viiviane_Redding_to_Convener.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwia95urh_PeAhWFpIsKHbJEBKUQFjABegQIBxAB&usg=AOvVaw2ldQ7cXABn1XsOOiUO_078

Er, no.

So who is going to come hunting Brits? Is it something to do with Brexit or just an overripe imagination? History tells us to expect the unexpected"

Unless it’s the Spanish Inquisition?

» Add a new message to this topic