FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > May’s Deal, No Deal or No Brexit?

May’s Deal, No Deal or No Brexit?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oo hot OP   Couple  over a year ago

North West

It’s a Poll...

Let’s see who end up right.

No need to deflect or divert the thread. Just write the two words that you think ( NOT want ) will happen from this point forwards.

You have a choice of three - where oh where are we heading now???

May’s Deal?

No Deal?

No Brexit?

Remember, this is not about what you want - but it is about what you think is going to happen...

I will start.

May’s Deal

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

no deal.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

May's deal

May's deal

By *oi_LucyCouple  over a year ago

Barbados

May’s deal

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

May's deal

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

The Eu's deal x

May's Deal

By *nleashedCrakenMan  over a year ago

Widnes

No BREXIT

By *lbert_shlossedMan  over a year ago

Manchester

Mays deal

By *andS66Couple  over a year ago

Derby

No brexit.

No deal

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

We will take whatever deal the EU gives us.

No brexit

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Any deal we can get, for anything

You are obviously not reading the ballot paper . He just wants one of 3 choices. Can we get back on track please

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

May's deal (but it will be called something else by then and signed by a different PM)

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

Mays deal

No deal will never get through parliament x

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

"No deal will never get through parliament x"

It doesn't have to. May's deal only has to be rejected in Parliament (which it will be) then the rest of the 48 letters of no confidence will go in against her from the Tory party. This will be a fatal double blow which May won't be able to recover from and she'll be out of 10 Downing street on her ear.

A new Brexit backing Prime minister will take over the reigns and by the time all this is done and dusted we'll be out in March (just 4 months) on no deal. Legally we're bound to leave the EU at the end of the article 50 period, with or without a deal, it's written into UK law (the EU Withdrawal bill) and it's also EU law (article 50) that we must leave in March. The EU Withdrawal bill is legally binding now and it only states there must be a meaningful vote on the deal currently being negotiated. It doesn't say anything about having another vote if the deal is rejected.

Yeah what he said.

And No fuckin Deal!!

By *bandjam91Couple  over a year ago

London

"No deal will never get through parliament x

It doesn't have to. May's deal only has to be rejected in Parliament (which it will be) then the rest of the 48 letters of no confidence will go in against her from the Tory party. This will be a fatal double blow which May won't be able to recover from and she'll be out of 10 Downing street on her ear.

A new Brexit backing Prime minister will take over the reigns and by the time all this is done and dusted we'll be out in March (just 4 months) on no deal. Legally we're bound to leave the EU at the end of the article 50 period, with or without a deal, it's written into UK law (the EU Withdrawal bill) and it's also EU law (article 50) that we must leave in March. The EU Withdrawal bill is legally binding now and it only states there must be a meaningful vote on the deal currently being negotiated. It doesn't say anything about having another vote if the deal is rejected. "

You're delusional mate. If May goes there's no way JRM or Bojo or any other hard Brexit supporter will get in.

Your choices are May's deal or no Brexit. Why don't you get behind your country instead of constantly moaning about it?

A new Brexit backing Prime minister will take over the reigns and by the time all this is done and dusted we'll be out in March (just 4 months) on no deal. Legally we're bound to leave the EU at the end of the article 50 period, with or without a deal, it's written into UK law (the EU Withdrawal bill) and it's also EU law (article 50) that we must leave in March. The EU Withdrawal bill is legally binding now and it only states there must be a meaningful vote on the deal currently being negotiated. It doesn't say anything about having another vote if the deal is rejected. "

As with everything concerning brexit, as it's never happened before, there is no precedent!

The author of A50 (a brit), has said it can be reversed - As he wrote it, I am more inclined to believe him over your opinions!

Bristol East

"

The author of A50 (a brit), has said it can be reversed - As he wrote it, I am more inclined to believe him over your opinions! "

The question is going to the European Court of Justice.

The highest court in Scotland referred it, on application from the Scottish Government.

The UK Government appealed the decision to the Supreme Court and lost.

So there will be an opinion, if not necessarily a ruling, sometime soon.

"

The author of A50 (a brit), has said it can be reversed - As he wrote it, I am more inclined to believe him over your opinions!

The question is going to the European Court of Justice.

The highest court in Scotland referred it, on application from the Scottish Government.

The UK Government appealed the decision to the Supreme Court and lost.

So there will be an opinion, if not necessarily a ruling, sometime soon.

"

It doesn't say anything about the arguments on the ballot paper. All the OP wants you to do is vote FFS. It's not hard is it ?

1 May's deal

2 No deal

3 Stay in EU

As a fairly representative bunch of people it will be interesting to see what the result is. Our positions in this forum seem pretty implacable so no more argument. Pretend the division bell has rung in the houses of parliament and cast your vote. Option 3 is to abstain by the way. The division bell has rung now stop arguing and get voting

It's just a bit of fun

I don’t know which way it will go.

The obvious is it gets voted down. May goes. We’re out before we know it.

But I heard in the radio number 10 said there will be no second reforendum while May is in charge.

That’s an interestingly phrased statement and I think one which sets up game theory.

Because what if a hard remainer gets it ?

Then it could be a referendum. And I’m not sure where brexiteers are convinced they’d win again.

So it becomes vote for May. Or risk staying.

Suddenly brexiteers have a rock and a hard place. And may stick with a crap exit than risk no exit. Brexit in name only is still brexit.

And will a remainer get in ? It’s a distinct possibility. It happened last time. And brexiteers have shown themselves to be a bit rubbish at organsiing themselves. And I wonder if more moderates are looking at reelection rather than brexit ....

By *igsteve43Man  over a year ago

derby

Before i vote will we be told the full implications of changing our minds?

By *rench letterCouple  over a year ago

Chorley,

No Brexit.

Anyone that waffles on will not be counted. exact answers only

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

"As a fairly representative bunch of people it will be interesting to see what the result is. Our positions in this forum seem pretty implacable so no more argument. Pretend the division bell has rung in the houses of parliament and cast your vote. Option 3 is to abstain by the way. The division bell has rung now stop arguing and get voting

It's just a bit of fun"

Refusing the whip and abstaining as I am unwilling to vote on this bag of shite and asking the rest of the house to do the same.

North West

No thanks at all to those who cannot read and who have tried to divert the thread!! Two words - that is all we want...

Just write the two words that you think ( NOT want ) will happen from this point forwards.

You have a choice of three

May’s Deal?

No Deal?

No Brexit?

Remember, this is NOT about what you want - but it is about what you think is going to happen...

Scores on the doors coming up next.

North West

24 hours in ... and this is where the Fabbers who can read are anticipating we will end up. I didn’t read the long-winded posts and only counted the clear answers.

May’s Deal - 9

No Brexit - 4

No Deal - 3

Please do join in. Remember this is not about what you want but what you think may happen at the end of this road.

By *athy1Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

No brexit

It's still only a draft and agreed in principle only until its signed by the EU.

I am still expecting France to kick off and Spain to jion with France against the UK.

In any case Parlement will vote it down as It has too many holes in it and open ends.

So we will possibley crash out as may has said there is not a stay in option

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

May's deal of sorts

May is hoping to deliver a No BREXIT, and has been building up to it since the start. I do fear that she has now bought enough time with her waste of time negotiations.

No Deal. WTO terms.

May's deal is dead in the water - it won't get through parliament.

Labour are delusional in thinking that, if they vote it down, it will be possible to negotiate something better. The EU have already made it perfectly clear that ain't gonna happen.

No Brexit - Teresa May has only started saying this in an effort to scare MP's into voting her deal in. We ARE leaving the EU at the end of March.

North West

Some people......,

"Some people......, "

Too difficult to understand lol

bournemouth

Typical brexiteer deaf dumb and blind

By *ittleAcornMan  over a year ago

Unfortunately, I think it may be...

No Deal

(Or the banana republic choice)

By *tace 309TV/TS  over a year ago

durham

"Typical brexiteer deaf dumb and blind "
pathetic remark from a typical remoaner .do you want your pram rattle back . .well if we are dumb that must make the likes of you dumber .

bournemouth

"Typical brexiteer deaf dumb and blind pathetic remark from a typical remoaner .do you want your pram rattle back . .well if we are dumb that must make the likes of you dumber ."

I don’t think so fella

Not realy sure why you stuck your 5 eggs in if you had read the previous posts you would have understand my statement

But having said that your a brexiteer as I say deaf dumb and blind

By *lik and PaulCouple  over a year ago

Flagrante

"24 hours in ... and this is where the Fabbers who can read are anticipating we will end up. I didn’t read the long-winded posts and only counted the clear answers.

May’s Deal - 9

No Brexit - 4

No Deal - 3

Please do join in. Remember this is not about what you want but what you think may happen at the end of this road. "

What should happen is May's deal as we need to get on with something but now the political manoeuvrings are in full swing it's unlikely to happen so the result can only be no deal I think.

By *0tt0nSu3Woman  over a year ago

London

No Brexit

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

where we heading now..... i am probably leaning 55-45 between no deal and no brexit....

i think one will eventually end up leaning towards the other....

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

"No Deal. WTO terms.

Labour are delusional in thinking that, if they vote it down, it will be possible to negotiate something better. The EU have already made it perfectly clear that ain't gonna happen.

No Brexit - Teresa May has only started saying this in an effort to scare MP's into voting her deal in. We ARE leaving the EU at the end of March."

What are WTO terms?

What does that depend on? Are there any countries objecting to the terms of joining the WTO?

What will that mean?

"No Deal. WTO terms.

No Brexit - Teresa May has only started saying this in an effort to scare MP's into voting her deal in. We ARE leaving the EU at the end of March.

What are WTO terms?

What does that depend on? Are there any countries objecting to the terms of joining the WTO?

What will that mean?"

We didn't like a club of 28 - welcome to the 164 club!

North West

2 days in ... and this is where the Fabbers who can read are anticipating we will end up. I didn’t read the long-winded posts and only counted the clear answers.

May’s Deal - 10

No Brexit - 5

No Deal - 6

Please do join in. Remember this is not about what you want but what you think may happen at the end of this road.

By *k_intriguedCouple  over a year ago

Warwickshire

No brexit

By *ovelifelovefuntimesMan  over a year ago

Where ever I lay my hat

A deal but not Mays deal.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

May deal

Brexiteers, "get behind the PM and brexit for the best deal".

Until the arrangement we are given isn't the EU bending over for us.

For the sake that this was allegedly about the sovereignty of parliament and negotiation with the EU via a democratic mandate, then I'm tempted to back May's deal. This could change when I finish reading round it.

It's not what I like, or optimal, but it delivers brexit with a democratic mandate as backed by the referendum and the two brexit backing parties in the GE last year.

Bristol East

[Removed by poster at 25/11/18 16:45:18]

Bristol East

You make bending over sound like a bad thing

May's deal.

West London

"For the sake that this was allegedly about the sovereignty of parliament and negotiation with the EU via a democratic mandate, then I'm tempted to back May's deal. This could change when I finish reading round it.

It's not what I like, or optimal, but it delivers brexit with a democratic mandate as backed by the referendum and the two brexit backing parties in the GE last year. "

True. This was pointed out at the time of the vote but according to some on here everyone who voted to leave "clearly" would only find the impossible to deliver version acceptable.

I'm not sure if these same people think that everyone who voted to leave now "clearly" think that no deal is the best alternative...

"For the sake that this was allegedly about the sovereignty of parliament and negotiation with the EU via a democratic mandate, then I'm tempted to back May's deal. This could change when I finish reading round it.

It's not what I like, or optimal, but it delivers brexit with a democratic mandate as backed by the referendum and the two brexit backing parties in the GE last year.

True. This was pointed out at the time of the vote but according to some on here everyone who voted to leave "clearly" would only find the impossible to deliver version acceptable.

I'm not sure if these same people think that everyone who voted to leave now "clearly" think that no deal is the best alternative..."

They wanted our own bespoke deal. We actually got it.

I suspect we couldn't get much better without getting into another deadlock - maybe we could have, but then maybe itd need someone other than may, and maybe they should have gone on to win the leadership

No deal

By *avidnsa69Man  over a year ago

Essex

Sadly, no deal

By *ethnmelvCouple  over a year ago

Chudleigh

No Brexit

By *ild_oatsMan  over a year ago

the land of saints & sinners

The only sensible option is

NO BREXIT...

"No Brexit "

But that doesn't prove who was right and who was wrong!

We need to know - project fear or project farce!

Can't wait - April fool's day is going to be interesting!

No Brexit

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

No Deal.

No Brexit

North West

3 days in ... and this is where the Fabbers who can read are anticipating we will end up. I didn’t read the long-winded posts and only counted the clear answers.

May’s Deal - 12

No Brexit - 10

No Deal - 9

thornaby

Too-hot is it what you were thinking I thought be more saying no brexit ? I think mays deal still tho but not as sure as I was

By *osweet69Couple  over a year ago

portsmouth

Has to be no deal Noel.

North West

"Too-hot is it what you were thinking I thought be more saying no brexit ? I think mays deal still tho but not as sure as I was "

I WANT no Brexit, but I suspected that we would end up with some kind of fudged May's Deal.

That said, watching the debate in the Commons at the moment and only 4 MP's have spoken in favour of her in almost an hour and a half. She looks, withered and battered and her body language says it all. Even her own back-benchers are pointing out the obvious. Almost the entire House is against her.

As someone from outside the United Kingdom I'm just wondering will all the no dealers stand up and be counted when your great country goes down the pan, I can appreciate that most of you will tell me that it's none if my business but it's hard watching a great country like yours cutting off your nose to spite your face

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"As someone from outside the United Kingdom I'm just wondering will all the no dealers stand up and be counted when your great country goes down the pan, I can appreciate that most of you will tell me that it's none if my business but it's hard watching a great country like yours cutting off your nose to spite your face"

I would prefer that we were not leaving

I don't like the "deal"

However it genuinely seems there are two options

Drop out or the deal

I genuinely cannot understand how anyone can come to any other conclusion

Thus I think it perfectly reasonable that in parliament any who want a proper hard brexit will and should vote against the deal

HOWEVER

I do not understand and cannot understand why , most of labour and almost all of the lib dems , green and the snp would not vote in favour

If they vote against we drop out like a stone with the worst deal ever

Politics needs to be put aside

A remain deal is not possible

A vote against will just not give any time to do anything other than crash

If Labour , snp or lib dems vote against they will be voting for no deal crash !

I cannot see that the cold reality is any more complex than this

Unfortunately as has been proved in the Republic of Ireland down the years, the politicians who fuck up the country usually run for cover when the shit starts flying,as Boris, Nigel and the rest of the British politicians will also do

thornaby

"Too-hot is it what you were thinking I thought be more saying no brexit ? I think mays deal still tho but not as sure as I was

I WANT no Brexit, but I suspected that we would end up with some kind of fudged May's Deal.

That said, watching the debate in the Commons at the moment and only 4 MP's have spoken in favour of her in almost an hour and a half. She looks, withered and battered and her body language says it all. Even her own back-benchers are pointing out the obvious. Almost the entire House is against her."

to be fair she prob looked like that in her teens lol iv got to give her it tho a lesser man would of caved in and chucked the towel in not many could stand the shit she’s had and I’m a labour voter

By *icksfocusMan  over a year ago

Pontefract

No deal

By *bernathCouple  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

All shit!

No Deal with EFTA As the solution - Norway Plus is the way!

By *igsteve43Man  over a year ago

derby

After tonights news saying the ecj is likely to rule we can revoke a50 with no consequences im changing my mind sadly no brexit xx

"All shit!

No Deal with EFTA As the solution - Norway Plus is the way! "

But Norway is also an EEA member, brexiteers won't like that one bit so I don't see the Norway model as viable, maybe "Norway-" as in EFTA but not EEA, but then we have the Northern Ireland issue

West London

No Brexit.

That can't surprise anyone

West London

PRESIDENT Trump has condemned the Brexit deal because it means Britain is being fucked over by the EU rather than the US.

Trump, who sees the UK as a valuable future market for chlorinated chicken, hormone-crazed pigs, synthetic opioids and assault rifles, has urged May to swap her deal with the EU for a serious American shafting.

He added: “You’ll be a third world country, right? We like those. If you pick the wrong leader the CIA can help with a new one. They’ve got years of practice.

“Plus you’re halfway between us and Russia, great for refuelling, and you won’t be covered by international law which is very useful. Really useful. You won’t believe how useful.

“Forget the EU. Trust your Uncle Donnie, who’s been boasting about screwing over anyone he’s ever made a deal with for the last 30 years.”

"PRESIDENT Trump has condemned the Brexit deal because it means Britain is being fucked over by the EU rather than the US.

Trump, who sees the UK as a valuable future market for chlorinated chicken, hormone-crazed pigs, synthetic opioids and assault rifles, has urged May to swap her deal with the EU for a serious American shafting.

He added: “You’ll be a third world country, right? We like those. If you pick the wrong leader the CIA can help with a new one. They’ve got years of practice.

“Plus you’re halfway between us and Russia, great for refuelling, and you won’t be covered by international law which is very useful. Really useful. You won’t believe how useful.

“Forget the EU. Trust your Uncle Donnie, who’s been boasting about screwing over anyone he’s ever made a deal with for the last 30 years.”"

Why do you keep copy and pasting pointless shite from the Daily Mush on specific question threads ?

West London

"PRESIDENT Trump has condemned the Brexit deal because it means Britain is being fucked over by the EU rather than the US.

“Forget the EU. Trust your Uncle Donnie, who’s been boasting about screwing over anyone he’s ever made a deal with for the last 30 years.”

Why do you keep copy and pasting pointless shite from the Daily Mush on specific question threads ?"

Why? Because every Brexit argument is a newspaper headline or campaign phrase or unqualified opinion given by a politician or organisation with dubious funding.

I am quoting from a news source (it's called the Daily Mash after all) which is equally well researched.

The articles are also all perfectly pertinent.

No Brexiteer takes in anything written here. They continue to try to make a pseudo-logical argument for an emotional decision.

Try posting a thread asking a specific question which does not provide an opportunity to change topic or ramble widely.

Anyway, it amuses me

What amuses me is that politics gets in the way of brexit whether remain or leave.

The actual "negotiators" are NOT politicians and are there to get the best deal they can.

Listening to Labour saying that would do a better deal - whose going to negotiate it? Same set of negotiators!

Tory right spout that they'd get a better deal - couldn't get 48 to challenge May!

So when it comes down to it - were our negotiators worse than the EU? No suprise because we haven't negotiated a deal in 45yrs - EU are doing it every day!

No deal.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

“Forget the EU. Trust your Uncle Donnie, who’s been boasting about screwing over anyone he’s ever made a deal with for the last 30 years.”"

» Add a new message to this topic