FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Boris the man

Boris the man

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ed OP   Man  over a year ago

cambridgeshire

Forget Brexit for a moment..

There are those who would have us believe that Boris Johnson is an inc_edibly intelligent man, and his buffoonery is just some kind of marker of intelligence.

If he hasn't gone to Eton, I have a feeling he might be seen differently.

In my view he is a total plank, although one with an expensive education.

It's good that politicians say what they think, for sure, but he doesn't seem to think much before he speaks.

Boris fan club.. you can speak now ..

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Forget Brexit for a moment..

There are those who would have us believe that Boris Johnson is an inc_edibly intelligent man, and his buffoonery is just some kind of marker of intelligence.

If he hasn't gone to Eton, I have a feeling he might be seen differently.

In my view he is a total plank, although one with an expensive education.

It's good that politicians say what they think, for sure, but he doesn't seem to think much before he speaks.

Boris fan club.. you can speak now .."

There is a saying:

"Your have 2 ears and only 1 mouth" - it means something - listen before you open your mouth.

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

I am no fan of BoJo, in fact I think he is a cunt and if I had my way he would be running from the baying mob.

But having said that I know that he is not the idiot that many think him to be. You don't get a 2 1 from any Oxford collage (regardless of which school you attended) or any other Russel Group University without being bloody clever, and anyone who refuses to acknowledge this basic truth is falling for the BoJo con. The man knows exactly what he is doing and his every move is well planned and executed! We are his marks and we swallow his 'I'm a plank buffoonery at our peril.

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

Donald Trump's elevation taught me not to underestimate the gullibility of the public for a con artist.

moston

"Donald Trump's elevation taught me not to underestimate the gullibility of the public for a con artist.

"

And they will reelct him because not to will mean they have to admit they were had over by a conman. We have the same problem here, as does most of the world.

By *avidnsa69Man  over a year ago

Essex

"I am no fan of BoJo, in fact I think he is a cunt and if I had my way he would be running from the baying mob.

But having said that I know that he is not the idiot that many think him to be. You don't get a 2 1 from any Oxford collage (regardless of which school you attended) or any other Russel Group University without being bloody clever, and anyone who refuses to acknowledge this basic truth is falling for the BoJo con. The man knows exactly what he is doing and his every move is well planned and executed! We are his marks and we swallow his 'I'm a plank buffoonery at our peril. "

He's not stupid. However, he's nowhere near as clever as he believes himself to be

By *0tt0nSu3Woman  over a year ago

London

"I am no fan of BoJo, in fact I think he is a cunt and if I had my way he would be running from the baying mob.

But having said that I know that he is not the idiot that many think him to be. You don't get a 2 1 from any Oxford collage (regardless of which school you attended) or any other Russel Group University without being bloody clever, and anyone who refuses to acknowledge this basic truth is falling for the BoJo con. The man knows exactly what he is doing and his every move is well planned and executed! We are his marks and we swallow his 'I'm a plank buffoonery at our peril.

He's not stupid. However, he's nowhere near as clever as he believes himself to be"

London

I don't know if he will get his seat back in a general election.

All that dog whistling about Muslim women and letterboxes in a constituency that has a considerable proportion of Asian voters?

He won't be getting their vote, never mind other members of the community who saw straight through the dog whistling and noted his relationship with Bannon.

London

"I don't know if he will get his seat back in a general election.

All that dog whistling about Muslim women and letterboxes in a constituency that has a considerable proportion of Asian voters?

He won't be getting their vote, never mind other members of the community who saw straight through the dog whistling and noted his relationship with Bannon."

Just looked at the electoral returns. There was a higher turnout than the previous election and the swing went against him by -6.5%. The next biggest winner of voters (labour) gained a 13% swing. This is dangerous for any sitting MP.

If I was him, I'd be pounding those pavements so hard to canvas what voters I've got. If there's a another GE, it's not going to be good for him.

Will Boris do that? Probably not. He's FAR busy, running around trying to be the big I am, when the nation had already come to the conclusion that he's a midget.

Fool.

moston

"He's not stupid. However, he's nowhere near as clever as he believes himself to be"

I don't know about that, he seems to be teflon, and to manage that takes a lot of smarts. I admit, he may be the front-man for a puppeteer, but somehow I doubt it.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Being an MP as with the London mayoralty for which his tenure is riddled with lies, broken promises and piss poor ideas was part of his vanity project..

Ditto wanting to be tory party leader and PM, till he accepted that he was and is so unpopular within the party in Westminster where Gove was either complicit in the knife in the back charade or he had the balls to say what others think..

My money were I to have a punt will be that he will stand down for other projects..

Forever tainted..

moston

"Being an MP as with the London mayoralty for which his tenure is riddled with lies, broken promises and piss poor ideas was part of his vanity project..

Ditto wanting to be tory party leader and PM, till he accepted that he was and is so unpopular within the party in Westminster where Gove was either complicit in the knife in the back charade or he had the balls to say what others think..

My money were I to have a punt will be that he will stand down for other projects..

Forever tainted.. "

I don't think he is. I think we are watching him reinvent Churchill's political history for the current age. Just swap crossing the house from the Tory to the Liberal. Watch him flip from leave to remain in the next few months, and back again if leaving the EU proves successful.

London

"Being an MP as with the London mayoralty for which his tenure is riddled with lies, broken promises and piss poor ideas was part of his vanity project..

Forever tainted.. "

He may have to stand down from politics totally.

His constant flirtation with the press, alongside his 'alternative facts' has finally caught up with him.

There is a group who is taking him to court for his constant lying. They are serious. They spent two years carefully investigating this case and are talking him to court for abusing public trust, specifically during the Brexit referendum. The team are not legal eagles fresh out of law school. There are well established lawyers.

Boris is rattling around in his suit now. I've never seen him so skinny.

Google 'Brexit for justice crowdfunding'.

DISCLAIMER

I would like to take the opportunity to say to the Mods that I am no way encouraging anyone to crowdfund. I myself have not contributed. I am merely backing up what I have written with evidence for people to check it. I would also advise if anyone makes this decision to do so, then they should not to mention this action on Fab as it could result in them being banned.

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

The good old USA beckons for Boris.

They will love his oafish establishment ways over there!

He has been boxed into a corner like all the other Brexiteers and is choosing to largely keep his big mouth shut at the moment.

the US of A would love to get their hands on decades of the Fat Controllers back taxes too

"the US of A would love to get their hands on decades of the Fat Controllers back taxes too"

It's about Boris not Donald!

"the US of A would love to get their hands on decades of the Fat Controllers back taxes too

It's about Boris not Donald! "

see 'Fat controller'

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

There are some in here who would argue Johnson is not British because he was not born here.

Presumably, following the American ideal, that would make him ineligible to lead the country.

London

"He has been boxed into a corner like all the other Brexiteers and is choosing to largely keep his big mouth shut at the moment."

It's far too late for that. It's like closing the stable door after the house has bolted.

If I was seething at the telly, whilst watching him debating, hoping that he'd just BLOODY SHUT UP, then gawd knows what his constituents' reaction was.

There he was, blindly thinking that he was delivering a steely speech, and all I could see was a thin pathetic strip of tin foil with all the creases and holes. Even Bacofoil LTD wouldn't back or sponsor that.

Ugh.

By *agermeisterMan  over a year ago

Leeds

I enjoyed his own party heckling him

Boris isn't stupid he has a classics degree - wide ranging covering many subjects but what he lacks is common sense. Born into a privileged family he has had an easy "ride" lifestyle wise and no doubt will continue on the "old boy network " in the future - fingers crossed he will end up as King of Everest. That's far away enough!

Boris is not stupid but he is a product of the entitled elite who see normal people as a bit thick and tools to be manipulated to their own ends.

His benign charming oafishness is all an act and he is a malign influence on political life because his main concern is his own personal power.

I imagine he will try to get himself to a position in politics where he will then be able to step aside from parliament and go on to make millions from going on the lecture circuit like Blair did and then he will be able to carry on pontificating from the sidelines without having to commit to any real intentions.

He’s a very dangerous man.

London

[Removed by poster at 05/12/18 10:20:07]

London

"Boris is not stupid but he is a product of the entitled elite who see normal people as a bit thick and tools to be manipulated to their own ends.

His benign charming oafishness is all an act and he is a malign influence on political life because his main concern is his own personal power.

I imagine he will try to get himself to a position in politics where he will then be able to step aside from parliament and go on to make millions from going on the lecture circuit like Blair did and then he will be able to carry on pontificating from the sidelines without having to commit to any real intentions.

He’s a very dangerous man."

I used to think that. Now I think he's a one trick pony who has run out of tricks.

Two sayings spring to mind.

1) You can fool some people some of the time, but you can't fool all the people all of the time.

2) Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on ME.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Forever tainted..

I don't think he is. I think we are watching him reinvent Churchill's political history for the current age. Just swap crossing the house from the Tory to the Liberal. Watch him flip from leave to remain in the next few months, and back again if leaving the EU proves successful."

Recognise the similar behaviour but heaven help us if we have the sort of crisis that he is seen to be the guiding hand for..

By *verysmileMan  over a year ago

CANTERBURY

Don't mistake intelligence and a classics degree with being correct.

Enoch Powell was one of the youngest professors at Oxbridge and was one of only two people who rose from Private to General during the war. That didn't stop him spouting obnoxious and dangerous drivel in his classically tinged Rivers of Blood rant.

moston

Everyone is entitled to be wrong, but the more intelligent of us nearly alway find a way out from under the shit and some to take the fall for us (if we are that way inclined) or a way to own our mistake and still come out on top. Boris does both.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

But having said that I know that he is not the idiot that many think him to be. You don't get a 2 1 from any Oxford collage (regardless of which school you attended) or any other Russel Group University without being bloody clever, and anyone who refuses to acknowledge this basic truth is falling for the BoJo con. The man knows exactly what he is doing and his every move is well planned and executed! We are his marks and we swallow his 'I'm a plank buffoonery at our peril. "

So correct.Some years ago I met someone who worked in his office when he was Mayor of London,an this girl idolised him for his sharp mind and quick wit.

She did say also that he knew exactly what he wanted and would get it by fair means or foul.She also said if he wanted to be PM he would destroy anyone who got in his way.She admi_ed that which seems a bit Eva Broen to me.A bit scary

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"Don't mistake intelligence and a classics degree with being correct.

Enoch Powell was one of the youngest professors at Oxbridge and was one of only two people who rose from Private to General during the war. That didn't stop him spouting obnoxious and dangerous drivel in his classically tinged Rivers of Blood rant."

It is possible that what he said may come to pass,look around you

"Don't mistake intelligence and a classics degree with being correct.

Enoch Powell was one of the youngest professors at Oxbridge and was one of only two people who rose from Private to General during the war. That didn't stop him spouting obnoxious and dangerous drivel in his classically tinged Rivers of Blood rant.It is possible that what he said may come to pass,look around you"

Especially once all those European white peeps have been replaced by all those colou_ed commonwealth peeps.

Boris Johnson is smart.

I just don't think he's smart compa_ed to people in STEM.

I do believe however if he didn't have that silver spoon education people would dismiss him more; vise versa, if he tidied his a t up he'd have a lealthal combination of above average intellect, connections, and charisma.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Not a fan and view him as a very dangerous person. He's wise enough to know how to bluster and push things to his own advantage and not too much else. The many errors that he made whilst Mayor of London, including the Water Cannon purchase when it was not permissable for use, the Garden Bridge - wasting £hund_eds of thousands, despite not a single brick ever being laid on sit etc. He's not a man who will work for the benefit of the majority, unless that majority just happened to be 1 person, himself.

» Add a new message to this topic