FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Terrorism arrests, by ethnicity

Terrorism arrests, by ethnicity

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ara J OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

The Home Office today published:

"Operation of police powers under the Terrorism Act 2000 and subsequent legislation: Arrests, outcomes, and stop and search, Great Britain, quarterly update to September 2018"

Over a 12-month period, arrests fell 31% to 317.

"Falls in the number of arrests were seen across all ethnic groups. The rate of reduction in the number of Asians arrested was highest of all ethnic groups. This resulted in the proportion of all arrestees who were Asian (33%) being lower than those who were White (40%)."

So now whites in the UK make up the largest proportion by ethnicity of people arrested on suspicion of terrorism.

Is anyone surprised, after reading the hatred and calls for violence from right-wing extremists posted on sites like this?

The Met Police have a hotline "if you're suspicious of something that could identify a terrorist threat anywhere in the UK".

I've read some vile threats made on here that would fall into category.

Am I allowed to published the hotline number?

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

But to be fair those are absolute figures. For a better understanding of disenchantment to the point of subversive activity or violent resistance one has to convert those absolute numbers into a % of that group or part of the population.

Like everything context and equivalence are the keys.

By *inkyLondonpairCouple  over a year ago

London

"The Home Office today published:

"Operation of police powers under the Terrorism Act 2000 and subsequent legislation: Arrests, outcomes, and stop and search, Great Britain, quarterly update to September 2018"

"Falls in the number of arrests were seen across all ethnic groups. The rate of reduction in the number of Asians arrested was highest of all ethnic groups. This resulted in the proportion of all arrestees who were Asian (33%) being lower than those who were White (40%)."

So now whites in the UK make up the largest proportion by ethnicity of people arrested on suspicion of terrorism.

Is anyone surprised, after reading the hatred and calls for violence from right-wing extremists posted on sites like this?

The Met Police have a hotline "if you're suspicious of something that could identify a terrorist threat anywhere in the UK".

Am I allowed to published the hotline number?"

Unfortunately, as stated below your stats don't support your argument. Asians make up about 4% of the population, so 33% of terrorist arrestees being Asian actually shows that Asians are rather disproportionately likely to be arrested for terrorist offences.

What might be interesting is the stats on those actually convicted...

Bristol East

Of the 317 arrests for terrorism-related activity:

• 113 (36%) resulted in a charge, of which 85 were terrorism-related;

• 165 (52%) people arrested were released without charge

• 17 (5%) persons were released on bail pending further investigation

• 20 (6%) faced alternative action

• two cases were pending at the time of data provision

Over the same period, trials of 91 people took place on terror charges and 81 were convicted.

As at 30 September 2018, there were 224 persons in custody in Great Britain for terrorism-related offences, an increase of 5% on the 213 persons in the previous year.

This continues the upward trend seen in the last few years and was the highest number since the data collection began in 2009.

Of those in custody, the majority (80%) were categorised as holding Islamist-extremist views, a further 13% as holding far right-wing ideologies and 7% other ideologies.

Of those in custody:

• 186 (83%) had been convicted

• 38 (17%) were being held on remand (held in custody until a later date when a trial or a sentencing hearing will take place)

I'm guessing the "other ideologies" were mostly involving Northern Ireland.

Bristol East

i see there were more arrests of white right-wing extremists today.

I suspected this is connected to an undercover expose on the BBC today of extremists:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-46460442?fbclid=IwAR2VOoOYx3iV4W-uEy0S9kfZvsuwP7Z5-4z8oRtnQ_wvBgPHwOK47Upix_U

Among the material they have been distributing is incitement to execute Harry Windsor for the "crime" of marrying a non-white person.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

What's your point? Muslims are represented disproportionately still.

Also the increase in arrests in regards to those on the Far Right can easily be put down to the fact that National Action was banned in 2016 and many of it's members and former members have been arrested for terrorist offences simply in relation to their membership of said group.

Right wing terrorism is obviously on the rise.Itll probably spike if there is another referendum.Brexit has enabled the extremists unfortunately.No doubt the spectacle of the alt right standing over the bloody corpse of an MP will be visited upon us again.

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

What actually constitutes a hate crime these days? Was reported in the press a few weeks ago the Police had a report for a hate crime and so went to investigate. Turns out a dog had taken a dump on the pavement outside someone's house and the person in the house was calling it a hate crime? This is how ridiculous some of these reports of hate crimes have now become.

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

"Right wing terrorism is obviously on the rise.Itll probably spike if there is another referendum.Brexit has enabled the extremists unfortunately.No doubt the spectacle of the alt right standing over the bloody corpse of an MP will be visited upon us again. "
your bang on there bob if there’s another referendum the U.K. will be a hundred times worse than it is now if ppl think the U.K. is split now wait till there’s another vote

Bristol East

"What actually constitutes a hate crime these days? Was reported in the press a few weeks ago the Police had a report for a hate crime and so went to investigate. Turns out a dog had taken a dump on the pavement outside someone's house and the person in the house was calling it a hate crime? This is how ridiculous some of these reports of hate crimes have now become. "

Hate crime?

Who mentioned hate crime?

This post is about offences under the Terrorism Act 2000.

You know, people plotting to blow you and me up.

That sorta thing.

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

"What actually constitutes a hate crime these days? Was reported in the press a few weeks ago the Police had a report for a hate crime and so went to investigate. Turns out a dog had taken a dump on the pavement outside someone's house and the person in the house was calling it a hate crime? This is how ridiculous some of these reports of hate crimes have now become.

Hate crime?

That sorta thing.

"

It was Bob spouting his usual crap blaming Brexit again. He's often trotting out the line that hate crimes have risen since the Leave vote, if dogs taking dumps on pavements constitutes a hate crime then is there any wonder why numbers have risen.

Bristol East

The sort of crime Bob is referring to did indeed rise after the referendum.

I was just reading a police appeal in the Bristol Post about a white woman who was chucked off a bus by the driver for racially abusing another passenger.

Police are appealing.

I don't think Britain is any more racist now than it was before the referendum.

I do think the rhetoric surrounding it has emboldened people to act on their grievances about minorities in a way they were deterred from before.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"What actually constitutes a hate crime these days? Was reported in the press a few weeks ago the Police had a report for a hate crime and so went to investigate. Turns out a dog had taken a dump on the pavement outside someone's house and the person in the house was calling it a hate crime? This is how ridiculous some of these reports of hate crimes have now become.

Hate crime?

That sorta thing.

It was Bob spouting his usual crap blaming Brexit again. He's often trotting out the line that hate crimes have risen since the Leave vote, if dogs taking dumps on pavements constitutes a hate crime then is there any wonder why numbers have risen. "

All recognised data shows that there was a sharp increase in hate crime after the vote..

Dogs taking a dump does not constitute a hate crime, you've dug something up then inflated it to try and deflect the facts again..

"The sort of crime Bob is referring to did indeed rise after the referendum.

I was just reading a police appeal in the Bristol Post about a white woman who was chucked off a bus by the driver for racially abusing another passenger.

Police are appealing.

I don't think Britain is any more racist now than it was before the referendum.

I do think the rhetoric surrounding it has emboldened people to act on their grievances about minorities in a way they were deterred from before.

"

Centaur blaming someone else as he diverts the direction of the thread again....ho hum

Bristol East

My point really was about all the rhetoric over the years that asian communities needed to do more to root out the vermin in their midst.

Well, the same applies equally to white communities and the vermin obviously in our midst.

I don't recall anyone shrugging their shoulders and dismissing it as politically correct nonsense when the perpetrators were brown or black.

Should we "Stop and search " all young white men until we find out what the hell is going on with this rise in far right terrorism...

By *icksoneMan  over a year ago

oldham

" Should we "Stop and search " all young white men until we find out what the hell is going on with this rise in far right terrorism...

"

I only no of 2 Far right acts of Terrorism but how many other other types or are we not allowed to talk about that.

1 Act of Terrorism is 1 too many.

Talk about polishing a t.......

thornaby

" Should we "Stop and search " all young white men until we find out what the hell is going on with this rise in far right terrorism...

"

if you get this second referendum bob the rise in the far right will be out of control need more than stop and search mate

" if you get this second referendum bob the rise in the far right will be out of control need more than stop and search mate "

now that's what you call project fear ... none of this wishy washy oi polloi economic bollocks ... just try to scare people with violence instead

oldham

" if you get this second referendum bob the rise in the far right will be out of control need more than stop and search mate

now that's what you call project fear ... none of this wishy washy oi polloi economic bollocks ... just try to scare people with violence instead"

Army stock piling food and medicines.

The Army being armed and put on the street.

An immediate recession and 800,000 laid off just if we got the vote.

An emergency Budget on the day after the vote with punishing taxes.

David Chamerons we will be at war in Europe really soon.

Now that is project fear.

Hate crime?

That sorta thing.

It was Bob spouting his usual crap blaming Brexit again. He's often trotting out the line that hate crimes have risen since the Leave vote, if dogs taking dumps on pavements constitutes a hate crime then is there any wonder why numbers have risen.

All recognised data shows that there was a sharp increase in hate crime after the vote..

Dogs taking a dump does not constitute a hate crime, you've dug something up then inflated it to try and deflect the facts again..

"

Data means nothing to people like him. He has a strong track record of ignoring information, and following alt-right tactic 101, which is to repeat phrases which are the polar opposite to reality, ie “Brexit has not led to an increase in hate crime, anyone who thinks this is a swivel eyed liberal crazy”. The tactic relies on creating doubt in people’s mind about the basic facts.

His language is taken directly from alt-right populated forums. As has been pointed out before.

if you get this second referendum bob the rise in the far right will be out of control need more than stop and search mate "

Well we survived the troubles in Ireland we survived al queda and Isis.Im sure we'll be able to deal with tommy Robinson and his thugs.

There's no doubt a wanna be Guy Fawkes out their looking to create a spectacular attack on the government .

We can't live our lives in fear of extremists terrorism.I don't fear Isis and j don't fear far right terrorism.

Bristol East

"

Talk about polishing a t......."

I can think of two cases I read about quite recently.

A nutter in Edinburgh who was gathering the ingredients for bombs in a flat full of Hitler worship.

And a lunatic in Barrow in Furness who was caught planning to machete folks attending the town's first pride event.

There's certainly been a shift in counter-terrorism thinking of late to broaden the scope of their activity beyond what you might call the "traditional" groups.

thornaby

" if you get this second referendum bob the rise in the far right will be out of control need more than stop and search mate

now that's what you call project fear ... none of this wishy washy oi polloi economic bollocks ... just try to scare people with violence instead"

what are you on about I’m not trying to scare anyone it’s just my opinion don’t you think there will be a rise in the far right if there’s a second referendum ?

oldham

Hate crime?

That sorta thing.

Data means nothing to people like him. He has a strong track record of ignoring information, and following alt-right tactic 101, which is to repeat phrases which are the polar opposite to reality, ie “Brexit has not led to an increase in hate crime, anyone who thinks this is a swivel eyed liberal crazy”. The tactic relies on creating doubt in people’s mind about the basic facts.

His language is taken directly from alt-right populated forums. As has been pointed out before.

"

What you are trying to say is all those who disagree with you are alt or far right.

This is a common tact by those who would like an open conversation quashed.

In my day it was called Fascism.

The outgoing head of counter-terrorism policing in the UK has warned against the rise of the far-right as he revealed four extremist rightwing plots were thwarted in 2017.

in Lancashire

if you get this second referendum bob the rise in the far right will be out of control need more than stop and search mate

Well we survived the troubles in Ireland we survived al queda and Isis.Im sure we'll be able to deal with tommy Robinson and his thugs.

There's no doubt a wanna be Guy Fawkes out their looking to create a spectacular attack on the government .

We can't live our lives in fear of extremists terrorism.I don't fear Isis and j don't fear far right terrorism."

This..

When fuckwits of any ilk or ideological mindset go down the path of extremist direct action that threatens society they deserve what they get..

Vigilance yes but fear, never..

oldham

"

A nutter in Edinburgh who was gathering the ingredients for bombs in a flat full of Hitler worship.

And a lunatic in Barrow in Furness who was caught planning to machete folks attending the town's first pride event.

There's certainly been a shift in counter-terrorism thinking of late to broaden the scope of their activity beyond what you might call the "traditional" groups.

"

Planning and carrying out.

and again how many have been carried out.

The security services have said they are watching 23,000 Islamist Terrorists in the UK

Again how many have been carried out by Far right groups?

Hate crime?

That sorta thing.

What you are trying to say is all those who disagree with you are alt or far right.

In my day it was called Fascism."

This is an excellent example of what I talked about in my post. Thank you.

I’m all for open conversation, and am happy with free speech. That same principle of free speech allows me to call out people.

At no point have I attempted to quash anything anyone has said. And at no point have I implied that anyone, apart from that single person, is alt right. And it’s not because he disagrees with me. It’s because all the evidence based on numerous posts over a period of time shows he constantly posts alt-right rhetoric.

Does that answer your question?

oldham

"The outgoing head of counter-terrorism policing in the UK has warned against the rise of the far-right as he revealed four extremist rightwing plots were thwarted in 2017."

Against the 500 Islamist Terror investigations that the security services are carrying out.

They are watching a further 23,000.

Guess which one I am more worried about ?

The 4 right wing loons or the 500 Islamist loons ?

"For the first time since the second world war we have a domestic terrorist group, it’s rightwing, it’s neo-Nazi, it’s proudly white supremacist, portraying a violent and wicked ideology,”

Mark Rowley ex head of counter terrorism at the Met.

in Lancashire

"

Planning and carrying out.

and again how many have been carried out.

The security services have said they are watching 23,000 Islamist Terrorists in the UK

Again how many have been carried out by Far right groups?"

This really fucks me off, stop it with the ridiculous comparing of numbers..

All extremists should be condemned across the board, to go down the route of this or that lot have done less or more its practically condoning one lot over the other..

They then utters thrive on such thinking and only seek to further divide..

"The outgoing head of counter-terrorism policing in the UK has warned against the rise of the far-right as he revealed four extremist rightwing plots were thwarted in 2017.

Against the 500 Islamist Terror investigations that the security services are carrying out.

The 4 right wing loons or the 500 Islamist loons ?"

Why differentiate along religion?

How many are women vs how many are men? Maybe we should start a group to start harassing men?

oldham

Hate crime?

That sorta thing.

I’m all for open conversation, and am happy with free speech. That same principle of free speech allows me to call out people.

At no point have I attempted to quash anything anyone has said. And at no point have I implied that anyone, apart from that single person, is alt right. And it’s not because he disagrees with me. It’s because all the evidence based on numerous posts over a period of time shows he constantly posts alt-right rhetoric.

Does that answer your question? "

To be honest I stopped listening to you long ago.

Hate crime?

That sorta thing.

"

Classic.

Step one: accuse me of a load of nonsense

Step two: i politely explain why it’s a load of nonsense.

Step three: refuse to engage with logic, and information.

oldham

"The outgoing head of counter-terrorism policing in the UK has warned against the rise of the far-right as he revealed four extremist rightwing plots were thwarted in 2017.

The 4 right wing loons or the 500 Islamist loons ?

Why differentiate along religion?

How many are women vs how many are men? Maybe we should start a group to start harassing men? "

I differentiate because those are the facts.

I will have to have a look at the security services website to have a break down.

The man is getting a hard time at the moment.

oldham

Hate crime?

That sorta thing.

Classic.

Step three: refuse to engage with logic, and information. "

UKIP and Nazis ring a bell ?

Or Race Baiting ??

See you are the worst form of Fascist but do not realise it.

SO I have taken a leaf out of your book and just ignore you.

I no you will not go away but you are part of life I have to put up with.

Keep smiling xx

The 4 right wing loons or the 500 Islamist loons ?"

i would go with the 500 Islamist scum myself....but if you say or think like that around here your Islamopbic / racist or some such bollocks...but that's Islam so it's ignored.

Bristol East

Where do you get this figure of four right-wing loons from?

Forty per cent of 317 arrestees over a 12-month period is something in the order of 150 people.

"What's your point? Muslims are represented disproportionately still.

Also the increase in arrests in regards to those on the Far Right can easily be put down to the fact that National Action was banned in 2016 and many of it's members and former members have been arrested for terrorist offences simply in relation to their membership of said group.

"

National Action are/were nothing more than a bunch of lairy kids with a Nazi fetish. Their banning was easy, the easiest target of them all. I mean laughing at the death of Joe Cox? That isn’t terrorism, it’s crass stupidity.

As usual the govt/filth have gone for the lowest common denominator. Fucking ridiculous..,

Why.... swingers website!!! What the #uck

Bristol East

JTAC, the body that raises and lowers the threat level in the UK, will now include the far-right as well as Irish and Islamic extremism in its assessments.

Good. These scumbags are no different from the other vermon who carry out acts of savagery on random British citizens.

Dragnet the poor white neighbourhoods and knock on the doors of anyone with a 60 ft flag pole flying a George cross and staffy barking in the window.

Just like stop and search in the black community but for angry young white men in the poor working class white community .

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

but unless people admit that "white nationalism" is a problem.... nothing gets done, and they take their queues from certain people....

brown guy kills people..... terrorist

white guy kills people..... lone wolf with mental issues...

until we change the perceptions and attitudes... nothing else will!

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

This type of person is getting more prevalent in the football world again.

Let's see if anything goes off in the England friendlies at the end of this week.

Bristol East

We do need to reset our minds.

Those who hold all muslims accountable for the actions of extremists need to ask themselves why they don’t do the same for white supremacists.

Just as the fanatics of the Arab basement try to radicalise the Arab Street, so too the neo-Nazis here who want to radicalise the man on the street.

Both rely on turning a sense of grievance and victimhood into violent retribution.

I’ve seen more than a few posts from people on this site who, applying the logic normally reserved for Islamic extremism, show signs of being vulnerable to radicalisation.

By *ross-eyed MaryMan  over a year ago

Salisbury

Is it because white alt right terrorists in the main. Haven't been groomed by the local vicar, with the knowledge of the congregation?

Salisbury

"but unless people admit that "white nationalism" is a problem.... nothing gets done, and they take their queues from certain people....

brown guy kills people..... terrorist

white guy kills people..... lone wolf with mental issues...

until we change the perceptions and attitudes... nothing else will!"

What we need is more troubled lone wolf brown murderers without links to IS or similar groups.

"Is it because white alt right terrorists in the main. Haven't been groomed by the local vicar, with the knowledge of the congregation?"

The white kids get radically changed by smoking and playing violent video games therfore they are the victims not those they slaughter.

Blacks and brown kids arent afforded the luxury of that white privilege and excuse.

Salisbury

"Is it because white alt right terrorists in the main. Haven't been groomed by the local vicar, with the knowledge of the congregation?

The white kids get radically changed by smoking and playing violent video games therfore they are the victims not those they slaughter.

Blacks and brown kids arent afforded the luxury of that white privilege and excuse. "

That may be true. Unfortunately, in their case, the supremacist's "community" isn't aware until its too late.

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

"Is it because white alt right terrorists in the main. Haven't been groomed by the local vicar, with the knowledge of the congregation?

Blacks and brown kids arent afforded the luxury of that white privilege and excuse. "

What black and brown kids dont smoke ?

Blacks and brown kids arent afforded the luxury of that white privilege and excuse. What black and brown kids dont smoke ? "

Its only an excuse available to the white kids.

When was the last time anyway blamed Islamic terrorism on violence in video games.or smoking herbs or drug taking.or mental illness

You'll never ever read that.

If you don't see this then your part of the problem fella..

Salisbury

Blacks and brown kids arent afforded the luxury of that white privilege and excuse. What black and brown kids dont smoke ?

"

Absolutely. it's like white kids who commit knife crime aren't allowed to use poverty or being forced to join a gang as an excuse for it.

Bristol East

"

That may be true. Unfortunately, in their case, the supremacist's "community" isn't aware until its too late. "

How many of them watched the NZ terrorist “live” on the internet?

That’s evidence of a co-ordinated terror network, not a “lone wolf”.

Facebook said it was 28 minutes before anyone reported the livestream.

Salisbury

"

That may be true. Unfortunately, in their case, the supremacist's "community" isn't aware until its too late.

How many of them watched the NZ terrorist “live” on the internet?

That’s evidence of a co-ordinated terror network, not a “lone wolf”.

Facebook said it was 28 minutes before anyone reported the livestream."

28 minutes eh? Maybe they were phoning the police first? Who knows..

I doubt his parents, uncle's ,aunties, neighbour's, were watching, and keeping shtum though...

"What actually constitutes a hate crime these days? Was reported in the press a few weeks ago the Police had a report for a hate crime and so went to investigate. Turns out a dog had taken a dump on the pavement outside someone's house and the person in the house was calling it a hate crime? This is how ridiculous some of these reports of hate crimes have now become. "

Unfortunately it sounds all too easy for any crime against a "minority" group can be classed as a hate crime.

All crime against anyone should be classed as a hate crime, they obviously don't like you if you're on the receiving end of it

Bristol East

Wow!

Who is radicalising extremists in the UK?

The counter-terrorist chief at the Met just gave the answer.

Our mainstream media.

Full on!

The Murdochs and chums will have their attack dogs unleashed any moment.

"Wow!

Who is radicalising extremists in the UK?

The counter-terrorist chief at the Met just gave the answer.

Our mainstream media.

Full on!

The Murdochs and chums will have their attack dogs unleashed any moment.

"

Couldn't agree more

Bristol East

And so it continues.

A neo-Nazi convicted today of plotting to murder an MP.

Devices also found on railway tracks linked to Brexit anger.

There is a hard-core collection of scum out there.

Bristol East

The MoD says it is investigating footage showing British Army soldiers using an image of Corbyn for target practice.

The implications of that are appalling. I hope the Army purges itself of extremists with guns.

in Lancashire

"The MoD says it is investigating footage showing British Army soldiers using an image of Corbyn for target practice.

The implications of that are appalling. I hope the Army purges itself of extremists with guns."

should sack them for being so fuck wit stupid as to film it then upload it..

kin numpties..

By *ittleAcornMan  over a year ago

"The MoD says it is investigating footage showing British Army soldiers using an image of Corbyn for target practice.

The implications of that are appalling. I hope the Army purges itself of extremists with guns.

"

My time (albeit a while back!) in the Army gave me a first hand view of how a large majority of the Armed Forces are extremely right wing, and racist.

I know work has been done since then to try to improve things, but I suspect they have still got an issue.

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

"should sack them for being so fuck wit stupid as to film it then upload it..

kin numpties.. "

Not recorded by the grunts on the firing line. Recorded by or with the approval of the range officer by the NCO or platoon officer in charge of the firing detail. And as you know when on the range 'live firing' you obey all orders because refusing orders on the range gets you a long spell in MCTC.

"And so it continues.

A neo-Nazi convicted today of plotting to murder an MP.

Devices also found on railway tracks linked to Brexit anger.

There is a hard-core collection of scum out there.

"

I didn't he was convicted? I read the verdict was hung again and no third trial was planned.

Bristol East

He pleaded guilty to the murder plot. The jury was undecided on whether he was still a member of National Action.

Given that he is looking at life for the murder charge, no plans to retry on the membership charge.

He is currently serving time for grooming underage boys for sex.

Part of the murder plot was also to kill the detective who investigated that.

Funnily enough, I don’t remember Yaxley-Lennon telling the world about that case when it was subject to reporting restrictions.

"He pleaded guilty to the murder plot. The jury was undecided on whether he was still a member of National Action.

Given that he is looking at life for the murder charge, no plans to retry on the membership charge.

Funnily enough, I don’t remember Yaxley-Lennon telling the world about that case when it was subject to reporting restrictions."

AHH so he wasn't proven to be a neo Nazi.

"He pleaded guilty to the murder plot. The jury was undecided on whether he was still a member of National Action.

Funnily enough, I don’t remember Yaxley-Lennon telling the world about that case when it was subject to reporting restrictions..

"

No, he was definitely a neo-nazi, it was questionable if he was still a member of a particular group...

I think film of him in front of a crowd talking about putting Jews into gas chambers is pretty conclusive regarding the neo-nazi tag.

in Lancashire

Funnily enough, I don’t remember Yaxley-Lennon telling the world about that case when it was subject to reporting restrictions..

No, he was definitely a neo-nazi, it was questionable if he was still a member of a particular group...

I think film of him in front of a crowd talking about putting Jews into gas chambers is pretty conclusive regarding the neo-nazi tag."

This..

Anyone pretending otherwise needs to give their head a shake..

I think film of him in front of a crowd talking about putting Jews into gas chambers is pretty conclusive regarding the neo-nazi tag.

This..

Anyone pretending otherwise needs to give their head a shake.. "

Our Ethno nationalists forum members have an agenda...

in Lancashire

This..

Anyone pretending otherwise needs to give their head a shake..

Our Ethno nationalists forum members have an agenda..."

That or pedantry to the nth degree..

Used to have a saying that if its very big, grey, has two enormous tusks it's pretty much an elephant..

Some smart arse will say but, but it could be a walrus..

Bristol East

"

AHH so he wasn't proven to be a neo Nazi."

I think you are missing the point.

National Action became a proscribed organisation under the anti-terror legislation.

It became a criminal offence in December 2016 to be a member.

The question for the jury was whether he was an active member after December 2016. He denied this. They were undecided.

Plenty evidence of his involvement prior to December 2016.

National Action was one of the groups that Thomas Mair - the murderer of Jo Cox - associated with.

[Removed by poster at 05/04/19 16:37:14]

Am I allowed to published the hotline number?

Why.... swingers website!!! What the #uck"

Totally agree x

By *bernathCouple  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

My time (albeit a while back!) in the Army gave me a first hand view of how a large majority of the Armed Forces are extremely right wing, and racist.

I know work has been done since then to try to improve things, but I suspect they have still got an issue."

Another institutionally Racist organisation, you wonder why many ethnic minorities don’t want to join. How we have an inclusive society, if they cannot defend the country they love?

By *rMrsWestMidsCouple  over a year ago

Dudley

The implications of that are appalling. I hope the Army purges itself of extremists with guns."

To show they were impartial they should have had an image of Theresa May on another target and at least someone could have found a use for the pair of good for nothings!

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Newbury

Hate crime?

That sorta thing.

Classic.

Step three: refuse to engage with logic, and information.

UKIP and Nazis ring a bell ?

Or Race Baiting ??

See you are the worst form of Fascist but do not realise it.

SO I have taken a leaf out of your book and just ignore you.

I no you will not go away but you are part of life I have to put up with.

Keep smiling xx

"

UKIP are a party with fascist policies.

What else would you call them if not Fascists?

The term alt-right is just a rebranding, because even fascists are not stupid enough to think that calling themselves fascists these days is good PR.

This is why the British Union of Fascists rebranded and ultimately became the BNP.

Bristol East

The numbers continue to grow.

Another right-wing thug convicted today of terror offences for plotting to bomb a mosque in London.

Guilty plea at Kingston Crown Court. Sentenced tomorrow.

By *irkydirkyMan  over a year ago

crewe

The terrorist soldier recently arrested for murder on Bloody Sunday would’ve added to that list and prob more to follow when the Ballymurphy inquest is finalised..

So some people are under arrest for belonging to a “terrorist organisation” which started out as a bunch of nationalist students, but was criminalised and turned into a monster. The NA is now like C18 was in the 1980s and 90s. It has state honey trap written all over it.

By *ethnmelvCouple  over a year ago

Chudleigh

"So some people are under arrest for belonging to a “terrorist organisation” which started out as a bunch of nationalist students, but was criminalised and turned into a monster. The NA is now like C18 was in the 1980s and 90s. It has state honey trap written all over it."

Or more likely they fit the description of a terrorist organisation - I’m sure if they were left wing or islamic, or both, you’d be shouting from the rooftops. It is about treating people equally.

Bristol East

Right wing extremist jailed for minimum of 20 years for plot to assassinate Labour MP Rosie Cooper.

Reported to have given a Nazi salute to his supporters in the public benches as he was led away, and whom hopefully will now also be on the terror watch list.

More scum removed from society.

"Right wing extremist jailed for minimum of 20 years for plot to assassinate Labour MP Rosie Cooper.

Reported to have given a Nazi salute to his supporters in the public benches as he was led away, and whom hopefully will now also be on the terror watch list.

More scum removed from society."

Also convicted groomer. Must admit I must have missed Tommy's FB live outside his hearing.

Newbury

"So some people are under arrest for belonging to a “terrorist organisation” which started out as a bunch of nationalist students, but was criminalised and turned into a monster. The NA is now like C18 was in the 1980s and 90s. It has state honey trap written all over it."

"Sympathy for Combat 18"

"The terrorist soldier recently arrested for murder on Bloody Sunday would’ve added to that list and prob more to follow when the Ballymurphy inquest is finalised.. "
The soldiers in question were simply doing their job on the day. Terrorists in NI went out deliberately to kill and main people every day of the week.

Bristol East

I do not remember seeing "kill unarmed British citizens" in the job description of a British soldier.

Newbury

"The terrorist soldier recently arrested for murder on Bloody Sunday would’ve added to that list and prob more to follow when the Ballymurphy inquest is finalised.. The soldiers in question were simply doing their job on the day. Terrorists in NI went out deliberately to kill and main people every day of the week. "

Does "doing their job" include using people's skulls as ashtrays?

"So some people are under arrest for belonging to a “terrorist organisation” which started out as a bunch of nationalist students, but was criminalised and turned into a monster. The NA is now like C18 was in the 1980s and 90s. It has state honey trap written all over it.

"Sympathy for Combat 18"

"

What the actual fuck are you saying? That I am looking for sympathy for C18??

Err, NO!

Newbury

"So some people are under arrest for belonging to a “terrorist organisation” which started out as a bunch of nationalist students, but was criminalised and turned into a monster. The NA is now like C18 was in the 1980s and 90s. It has state honey trap written all over it.

"Sympathy for Combat 18"

Err, NO!"

Oh, I think you were.

But actually it was a play on the title of a Rolling stones song...

By *wosmilersCouple  over a year ago

Heathrowish

Am I the only person that thinks statistics like this are misleading or pointless?

....it only takes our law enforcement or security services to arrest a large cell of say 20 people of the right, left, animal rights, climate, or religious extreme if done so under anti terrorist legislation to significantly change these figures as the numbers are significantly low.

"Sympathy for Combat 18"

Err, NO!

Oh, I think you were.

But actually it was a play on the title of a Rolling stones song..."

pmsl...was it 'brown shirter'??

Newbury

"Sympathy for Combat 18"

Err, NO!

Oh, I think you were.

But actually it was a play on the title of a Rolling stones song...

pmsl...was it 'brown shirter'??"

Something like that, aye.

Or Paint it black shirt...from the album verbannen hauptstrausse

Bristol East

19 terror plots foiled in the last two years - 14 from Islamic extremists and 5 from far-right extremists - according to Sajid Javid today.

"19 terror plots foiled in the last two years - 14 from Islamic extremists and 5 from far-right extremists - according to Sajid Javid today.

"

Everythings a terror plot these days, the old guy who heckled Tony B lair was arrested under the terrorism laws.

I'd really need to know the severity of these so called plots before I'd be overly worried.

"19 terror plots foiled in the last two years - 14 from Islamic extremists and 5 from far-right extremists - according to Sajid Javid today.

Everythings a terror plot these days, the old guy who heckled Tony B lair was arrested under the terrorism laws.

I'd really need to know the severity of these so called plots before I'd be overly worried."

If it's the one I've just looked up, he wasn't arrested.

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

Blacks and brown kids arent afforded the luxury of that white privilege and excuse. What black and brown kids dont smoke ?

When was the last time anyway blamed Islamic terrorism on violence in video games.or smoking herbs or drug taking.or mental illness

"

mainly bob because they are shouting out alah ackbar while committing these offences gives it away a bit i would say.

mainly bob because they are shouting out alah ackbar while committing these offences gives it away a bit i would say."

So mental illness doesn't effect Islamic terrorists ??.You base this assumption on what??

There have been studies done were people with negative attitudes toward Muslims perceive Muslim mass shooters as less mentally ill than non Muslim shooters.

Those with prejudices against Muslims will perceive them as less likely to be mentally ill and of course without mental illness the narrative of Muslims being a ruthlessly barbaric people becomes more plausible .

"

So mental illness doesn't effect Islamic terrorists ??

You base this assumption on what??

"

Of course mental illness effects

Islamic terrorists. A vast number are inbred. The studies on this are scary, 40% in Egypt alone...yikes.

"

So mental illness doesn't effect Islamic terrorists ??

You base this assumption on what??

Of course mental illness effects

Islamic terrorists. A vast number are inbred. The studies on this are scary, 40% in Egypt alone...yikes. "

It's not uncommon in the muddled east to marry cousins.Its common amongst Arabs and Kurds some Jewish groups and others .It no doubt leads to disabilities and mental illness,to what extent,I don't know .Its about consolidation of wealth in family.

Bristol East

If you are suicidal, you have a mental illness. The fact Semtex is strapped to your midriff does not change that. It just makes you criminally suicidal, or criminally insane.

"If you are suicidal, you have a mental illness. The fact Semtex is strapped to your midriff does not change that. It just makes you criminally suicidal, or criminally insane."

Indoctrination and religious fanaticism is more than "mental illness". The inbreeding definitely doesn't help either.

Bristol East

Do you accept that someone who is suicidal is mentally ill?

"Do you accept that someone who is suicidal is mentally ill?

"

Is a soldier who throws himself on a grenade to protect the lives of his comrades mentally ill?

No!? So let's not pretend we're talking about suicide due to mental illness, we're talking about fanatics choosing self sacrifice for something greater or people (children) forced.

Japanese pilots weren't mentally ill when they rammed ships and other planes during WW2.

Bristol East

You did not answer the question.

Is someone who is suicidal mentally ill.

Suicidal.

Someone who steps into danger in order to save others is not suicidal.

Bristol East

New stats from the Home Office.

41 per cent of terrorism arrests in the last 12 months were far-right and white.

Terrorism arrests for those of Asian ethnicity dropped from 40% to 36%

In total, 268 arrests - a reduction from the previous year when there were 443.

Stats can be manipulated to say what you want them to. So rather than arrests, which are meaningless if not followed by a conviction, how about how many actual acts of terrorism resulting in death or injury has been carried out by each respective group over the last 5 years.

Then how about you go join one of the asian groups, tell them about your orientation and see how tolerent they are

All meaningless acts of violence are abhorrent and I think both groups need to get a but of perspective, but for you to defend one group because you think they are less bad than another is baffling.

"The sort of crime Bob is referring to did indeed rise after the referendum.

"

That is right.

Bristol East

" for you to defend one group because you think they are less bad than another is baffling."

Please show me where I have defended any group engaged in acts of terror?

" for you to defend one group because you think they are less bad than another is baffling.

Please show me where I have defended any group engaged in acts of terror?

"

It is quite clear where your sympathies lie. You didn't give the answers I was looking for though. I wonder why But if you are in the process of researching; can you also confirm how many far right extremists have gone abroard to fight in armed combat for a military arm of a terrorist group, then how many of them performed public executions and beheadings of innocent aid workers or journalists and broadcast them. Then do the same for Islamist extremists. It may enlighten your thinking a tad, but I doubt it.

Bristol East

Feel free to do the research and come back with the answers.

All credible evidence is welcome.

If you think UK has a problem, look at the numbers for Russia and you begin to understand their role.

And then you scratch your head about jihadis carrying NATO guns

as others have stated , maybe more politely your stats are bulllshit

Bristol East

[Removed by poster at 15/06/19 20:15:06]

Bristol East

Stats are stats.

They are not mine.

On the one hand, you feel threatened by Islamic terrorists.

On the other, you do not by white terrorists?

What's the difference?

Both are out to kill British citizens.

Do you feel safer thinking about one rather than the other?

Bristol East

Jihaidiis kill more muslim people than any other religion or ethnicity.

You think its about you?

It's not.

They are the Pol Pot of the modern age.

By *andS66Couple  over a year ago

Derby

"New stats from the Home Office.

41 per cent of terrorism arrests in the last 12 months were far-right and white.

Terrorism arrests for those of Asian ethnicity dropped from 40% to 36%

In total, 268 arrests - a reduction from the previous year when there were 443.

"

So about 110 arrests across the 61,000,000 white population, and 96 arrests across the 2.7 million asian population then?

Or 0.18 per 100,000 from the white population, against 3.55 per 100,000 from the asian population. Or put another way, 2000% more asians as a proportion of the relevant population.

"Feel free to do the research and come back with the answers.

All credible evidence is welcome.

If you think UK has a problem, look at the numbers for Russia and you begin to understand their role.

And then you scratch your head about jihadis carrying NATO guns "

You're the one with the stats, you tell us. Don't try and divert from the question, what are the numbers? To help you I will let you know for the right wing extremists, its zero. All you need do is let us know for the Islamic exremists. To point you in the right diection, its a whole lot more than zero.

Bristol East

Feel free to start a thread about deaths abroad from acts of terror if you like.

This one is about terrorism in the UK.

Deaths from terrorism in the UK are at a 50-year low, despite the best efforts of some to drive a wedge between different ethnicities.

Bristol East

Katie Hopkins tweets about knife crime in "Londonistan".

Trump re-tweets this, adding that the mayor, a muslim, is a "national disgrace".

The British Army guide to spotting extreme right-wing behaviour includes adding "-istan" to UK place names.

Are these people responsible for radicalising a new wave of extremists in the UK?

By *inkywife1981Couple  over a year ago

A town near you

Approx 1 week after the 7/7 bombings I was in the UK. Travelling through a multicultural suburb on a double decker heading into the city centre when a young asian guy with a rucksack gets on and sits at the back of the bus, just about every white, black and Asian passenger shifted uncomfortably in their seats.

I felt bad for the kid as I've been in his shoes but at the same time I thought fuck my life and I got off at the next stop with practically everyone else sitti g downstairs

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Katie Hopkins tweets about knife crime in "Londonistan".

Trump re-tweets this, adding that the mayor, a muslim, is a "national disgrace".

The British Army guide to spotting extreme right-wing behaviour includes adding "-istan" to UK place names.

Are these people responsible for radicalising a new wave of extremists in the UK?

"

kate hopkins in a prize tit pushing an extreme right wing agenda....

one of the few twitter things i am proud off is that i have many a twitter spat with her... and shown her up to be ignornant when she posts something that is in no way true...

saying that.. how she has survived that long on twitter with other figures being removed is beyond me!

"Feel free to start a thread about deaths abroad from acts of terror if you like.

This one is about terrorism in the UK.

Deaths from terrorism in the UK are at a 50-year low, despite the best efforts of some to drive a wedge between different ethnicities.

"

You are the one trying to drive a wedge in an attempt, fortunately everyone can see the op for what it is, bollocks.

"Katie Hopkins tweets about knife crime in "Londonistan".

"

Where did Trump refer to Khan's religion in his tweet? You added that so it must be you who has an issue with it. I don't like Trump, or Hopkins, but you are making shit up to suit yourself. That just makes his supporters worse as it backs up what he says about 'fake news' (another term I dislike).

50 US cities have higher murder rates apparently...

Bristol East

The clue is in the use of quotation marks. It's how you distinguish between your own words and those of someone else.

I have no doubt what the agenda of Hopkins, of Britain First, and Trump, is. It is what makes them like each other so much.

"The clue is in the use of quotation marks. It's how you distinguish between your own words and those of someone else.

I have no doubt what the agenda of Hopkins, of Britain First, and Trump, is. It is what makes them like each other so much."

Thank you for confirming my point. Either you added it for your own agenda, or you have an issue with his religion.

Bristol East

Another straw man.

This post is full of them.

Bristol East

This post is not about arguing which group of terrorist is more acceptable than the other. None is.

It is about drawing attention to the growth of another cancer in our society - the extreme right and their equally vile agenda of hate.

Some of the resistance being shown on here to that is very odd indeed.

"Another straw man.

This post is full of them."

You've been found out and tjat is all you have, lol

"This post is not about arguing which group of terrorist is more acceptable than the other. None is.

It is about drawing attention to the growth of another cancer in our society - the extreme right and their equally vile agenda of hate.

Some of the resistance being shown on here to that is very odd indeed."

Read my first post, I condemn all forms. What people have pointed out is that your stats are complete bs and meaningless. Typical left wing propoganda which always has the opposite effect and causes divide.

Bristol East

Not my stats.

From the Home Office.

The body in the lead on counter-terrorism.

Wakey, wakey.

We have a problem with the radicalisation of young muslims.

We now have another problem - the radicalisation of right-wing whites.

And we are messing with the Irish settlement at our peril.

"Not my stats.

From the Home Office.

Wakey, wakey.

And we are messing with the Irish settlement at our peril."

You're quoting and defending them trying to make a statement that has failed abysnally.

Bring back national service would sort hell a lot of people out

Bristol East

"Not my stats.

From the Home Office.

Wakey, wakey.

You're quoting and defending them trying to make a statement that has failed abysnally."

Defending them?

I simply have no reason to question their accuracy?

Do you?

"Not my stats.

From the Home Office.

Wakey, wakey.

"

Ahh, there you go!

The Home Office, famous den of Trots, commies, and various lefty propaganda sources...

Lmao interesting it's always broke down into racial groups. That's useless when it comes to here in the north of Ireland.

Don't agree with the stop and search terrorism act simply because it's abused.

"Not my stats.

From the Home Office.

Wakey, wakey.

And we are messing with the Irish settlement at our peril."

You'd have to include left wing whites into that equation then as sinn Fein are left wing.

Let's be honest most groups have a radical wing element sadly some of them take to terrorising by death easier than others.

Bristol East

The UK Government announced yesterday that the threat from home-grown right-wing extremists will now be considered by JTAC when setting the UK threat level. Previously, it had only considered the threat from international-related terrorism.

Another set of nutters now on the official radar.

"The UK Government announced yesterday that the threat from home-grown right-wing extremists will now be considered by JTAC when setting the UK threat level. Previously, it had only considered the threat from international-related terrorism.

Another set of nutters now on the official radar."

I cannot see too many people being worried by threats from so called right wing extremists. The real threat is from terrorists who blow up or hijack plants and those who place bombs on the tube , kill innocent people ( London Bridge ) or place bombs on buses .

I cannot see too many people being concerned about any threats from right wing extremists.

Even the climate change protesters are a more serious threat than them. The sick and elderly have suffered because of them. They could not care when their road blocks delayed the emergency services . These are the people who are a real threat.

Bristol East

All I can say is I am re-assured the Security Services and Home Office are not defensive about the threat to UK citizens from right-wing nutters, unlike you.

in Lancashire

"The UK Government announced yesterday that the threat from home-grown right-wing extremists will now be considered by JTAC when setting the UK threat level. Previously, it had only considered the threat from international-related terrorism.

Another set of nutters now on the official radar. I cannot see too many people being worried by threats from so called right wing extremists. The real threat is from terrorists who blow up or hijack plants and those who place bombs on the tube , kill innocent people ( London Bridge ) or place bombs on buses .

I cannot see too many people being concerned about any threats from right wing extremists.

Even the climate change protesters are a more serious threat than them. The sick and elderly have suffered because of them. They could not care when their road blocks delayed the emergency services . These are the people who are a real threat. "

Factually wrong with a hint of the delusional.. Par for the course then..

Another set of nutters now on the official radar. I cannot see too many people being worried by threats from so called right wing extremists. The real threat is from terrorists who blow up or hijack plants and those who place bombs on the tube , kill innocent people ( London Bridge ) or place bombs on buses .

Even the climate change protesters are a more serious threat than them. The sick and elderly have suffered because of them. They could not care when their road blocks delayed the emergency services . These are the people who are a real threat. "

Jesus titty Christ Patrick! You list all these things you say you cannot see.

Have you ever thought about removing the dark glasses.

Bristol East

He doesn't feel threatened by right-wing nut jobs (I wonder why) so he sees no reason why anyone else should.

He does feel threatened by islamic nut jobs, so he thinks everyone else should feel threatened, too.

Talk about living in your own echo chamber.

"He doesn't feel threatened by right-wing nut jobs (I wonder why) so he sees no reason why anyone else should.

He does feel threatened by islamic nut jobs, so he thinks everyone else should feel threatened, too.

Talk about living in your own echo chamber.

"

Do you feel threatened and scarred by right wing extremists?

Bristol East

I don't feel "threatened and scarred" by anyone.

So why keep going on about them? No one else gives a shit.

in Lancashire

"So why keep going on about them? No one else gives a shit."

Beg to differ..

"So why keep going on about them? No one else gives a shit.

Beg to differ..

"

Do you keep going on about them, like some others do?

in Lancashire

Beg to differ..

Do you keep going on about them, like some others do?"

That's your perception but I don't share that..

For too long on here some of the right and possibly the far right have tried to distort the facts as to just what the threat is to all of us, I see no issue in the reality being evidenced as this thread does..

For anyone to only see people of colour or of one faith as the only threat to our society often because of their own prejudices is wrong..

Bristol East

"So why keep going on about them? No one else gives a shit."

Fortunately, the entire security apparatus of the state does.

Their role is to protect all citizens of the UK from extremists intent on indiscriminate slaughter and terror.

But I do find it fascinating to observe who gets defensive and dismissive here when confronted with the evidence of terrorism in our midst.

One is left to wonder who radicalised them.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"I don't feel "threatened and scarred" by anyone."
Lucky you,although hard to believe as being trance or however you describe yourself does create enemies as it does for us all

"I don't feel "threatened and scarred" by anyone.

Lucky you,although hard to believe as being trance or however you describe yourself does create enemies as it does for us all"

Trance, very big in the early 2000's

Fortunately, the entire security apparatus of the state does.

Their role is to protect all citizens of the UK from extremists intent on indiscriminate slaughter and terror.

But I do find it fascinating to observe who gets defensive and dismissive here when confronted with the evidence of terrorism in our midst.

One is left to wonder who radicalised them.

"

So you finally admit you need protection from extremists I don't because I don't let them bother me

Another set of nutters now on the official radar."

Home grown right wing extremists?.

Please elaborate .

Bristol East

No need for me to elaborate.

The announcement is on the .gov. website.

"Threat level system updated to include all forms of terrorism"

Issued on behalf of Sajid Javid (on Monday):

"Until today, the threat level system described the threat from ‘international terrorism’, which has become largely synonymous with Islamist terrorism.

"However, this is now outdated as Islamist terrorism can be home grown, just as extreme right-wing terrorism can have an international dimension.

"The changes follow the joint police and MI5 Operational Improvement Review which followed the 2017 attacks.

"Based on recommendations made in that review, the Joint Terrorism Analysis Centre (JTAC) began assessing the threat from all forms of terrorism in November 2018. From today, the published threat level will reflect JTAC’s assessment.

"The level of threat has not changed from SEVERE, meaning an attack is highly likely. JTAC sets the threat level independently of the government."

Bristol East

"I don't feel "threatened and scarred" by anyone.Lucky you,although hard to believe as being trance or however you describe yourself does create enemies as it does for us all"

I saw a piece the other day about how police have disrupted another plot to slaughter Pride attendees and arrested people.

London this time, I think.

Does that make me feel threatened or scared? No, it does not. It re-assures me the police are rounding up these nutters and the courts are locking them away.

"I don't feel "threatened and scarred" by anyone.Lucky you,although hard to believe as being trance or however you describe yourself does create enemies as it does for us all

I saw a piece the other day about how police have disrupted another plot to slaughter Pride attendees and arrested people.

Does that make me feel threatened or scared? No, it does not. It re-assures me the police are rounding up these nutters and the courts are locking them away.

"

An arrest is entirely different to a conviction. It would be interesting to know if the police had any credible evidence to justify these arrests. I cannot see them being reported in the mainstream media and as such can only conclude it was not a serious threat .

If there was a real danger of anyone bring slaughtered I am certain the police would have issued warnings.

in Lancashire

"I don't feel "threatened and scarred" by anyone.Lucky you,although hard to believe as being trance or however you describe yourself does create enemies as it does for us all

An arrest is entirely different to a conviction. It would be interesting to know if the police had any credible evidence to justify these arrests. I cannot see them being reported in the mainstream media and as such can only conclude it was not a serious threat .

If there was a real danger of anyone bring slaughtered I am certain the police would have issued warnings. "

Luckily for us your not an officer charged with a public duty to prevent such intended crimes..

Inspector Clouseau springs to mind..

Why do you doubt the professional judgement of police officers in their actions to protect us..?

in Lancashire

If there was a real danger of anyone bring slaughtered I am certain the police would have issued warnings. "

And as usual your staggering ignorance is all over this post, pretty much common practise to not hold a press conference if arrests have been made of some members of a group who are intending to or in the process of carrying out such attacks..

Where is your common sense?

Bristol East

Your complacency is unbelievable.

As far as I'm aware the police haven't issued any warnings anywhere. So no real danger... From left wing, right wing, muslims, Christians, or jedis...

Bristol East

The "warning" is the UK threat level determined by JTAC.

Currently it is severe, which means an attack is highly likely.

The threat level is what drives every aspect of UK security, from the planning of royal visits to the protection of national infrastructure and the policing of major events.

If there was a real danger of anyone bring slaughtered I am certain the police would have issued warnings.

And as usual your staggering ignorance is all over this post, pretty much common practise to not hold a press conference if arrests have been made of some members of a group who are intending to or in the process of carrying out such attacks..

Where is your common sense? "

If the choice is between remaining silent or warning the public of the potential dangers I am confident that the police would warn the public .

I have yet to meet anyone who is concerned about the type of terrorism referred to in this post, there are far more important forms of terrorism to fight.

Your complacency is unbelievable."

. Hi Not any different to most members of the public. There are more important forms of terrorism to fight

It must be hard to be a police nowadays.

in Lancashire

Where is your common sense? If the choice is between remaining silent or warning the public of the potential dangers I am confident that the police would warn the public .

I have yet to meet anyone who is concerned about the type of terrorism referred to in this post, there are far more important forms of terrorism to fight. "

Only when the threat level is at the point where an attack is imminent, you've misread the post again..

All terrorism is something to be aware of, vigilant but not living in fear..

Bristol East

"

I have yet to meet anyone who is concerned about the type of terrorism referred to in this post, there are far more important forms of terrorism to fight. "

I'm sure the relatives of the New Zealand dead will find comfort in your confidence.

Home Office data shows there were more convictions in the last year of white people for terrorism offences than other ethnicity.

Polling of Jewish and Muslim communities reveals that 57 per cent and 62 per cent respectively perceive the greatest threat to their safety being right-wing extremism.

More generally, when asked who they saw as the greatest threat to community cohesion and public order, 33 per cent said the far right, up from 28 per cent. The percentage citing Islamic extremism dropped from 35 to 28 per cent.

All of which suggests you need to widen your social circle.

By *evil_u_knowMan  over a year ago

city

I'm surprised the UK arrested white. Obviously not members of recognized british terrorist groups like the UDA etc.

They openly told the council not to take bonfire material or they would murder them, and the police in the north told the council and everyone to leave it alone.

So it cant be british terrorists they are arresting?

"No need for me to elaborate.

The announcement is on the .gov. website.

"Threat level system updated to include all forms of terrorism"

Issued on behalf of Sajid Javid (on Monday):

"Until today, the threat level system described the threat from ‘international terrorism’, which has become largely synonymous with Islamist terrorism.

"However, this is now outdated as Islamist terrorism can be home grown, just as extreme right-wing terrorism can have an international dimension.

"The changes follow the joint police and MI5 Operational Improvement Review which followed the 2017 attacks.

"Based on recommendations made in that review, the Joint Terrorism Analysis Centre (JTAC) began assessing the threat from all forms of terrorism in November 2018. From today, the published threat level will reflect JTAC’s assessment.

"The level of threat has not changed from SEVERE, meaning an attack is highly likely. JTAC sets the threat level independently of the government."

"

So what your saying is they could be right wing Muslim terrorists?.

All this "international" and "home grown" sounds very racist to be honest .

"

I have yet to meet anyone who is concerned about the type of terrorism referred to in this post, there are far more important forms of terrorism to fight.

I'm sure the relatives of the New Zealand dead will find comfort in your confidence.

Home Office data shows there were more convictions in the last year of white people for terrorism offences than other ethnicity.

Polling of Jewish and Muslim communities reveals that 57 per cent and 62 per cent respectively perceive the greatest threat to their safety being right-wing extremism.

More generally, when asked who they saw as the greatest threat to community cohesion and public order, 33 per cent said the far right, up from 28 per cent. The percentage citing Islamic extremism dropped from 35 to 28 per cent.

"

No it doesn't, what your actually proving is how racist your are, can I just indicate your manipulating figures at best and being a down right lier and racist at worst, when a country is 82% white your more likely to arrest white terrorists because your 82% white the per capita figures are therefore used by non racists and honest people, it would be like me going to South Africa and saying aha look all the terrorists are black and therefore black people are terrorists, should we look at arrests by ethnicity in South Africa! Do you want me to look them up for your?.

Bristol East

Lolol how defensive are you?

I wonder why.

The above is a YouGov poll of 6,500 people in April.

Is YouGov a liar, a racist?

Who radicalised you?

Bristol East

Seeing how this stuff makes you so angry, here's some more:

From the BBC last month:

Teenage neo-Nazis jailed over terror offences

"Two teenage neo-Nazis, who encouraged an attack on Prince Harry for marrying a woman of mixed race, have been jailed for terrorism offences. Michal Szewczuk, 19, from Leeds, and Oskar Dunn-Koczorowski, 18, from west London, were part of a group called the Sonnenkrieg Division."

Or how about this from the Independent this week:

Neo-Nazi ‘impatient for war on Jews’ jailed over far-right terror group links

"A self-described fanatic ”impatient for a war on Jews” has been jailed for three years over links to the far-right terrorist group National Action. Daniel Ward, 28, was sentenced on Friday at Birmingham Crown Court, where the prosecutor described him as being “so full on that even Nazi extremists took a step back”."

But no-one cares about any of this stuff, right?

"

"

Maybe you are the person who needs to widen you social circle. You have quoted two small minority groups and simply ignored everyone else. Most people in the UK are white and you cannot simply exclude them from your survey or quote a very small ( or probably all ) acts of terrorism by those whom you consider to be right wing.

What you have done is prove how rare acts by right wing terrorists are . I cannot see msny rationsl people in the UK being in the slightest concerned . We have yet to see any right wing terrorist blow up an aeroplane or plant a bomb at a concert.

The so called threat is not even worth thinking about.

Before 9/11 I can't remember if people were scared of isalm based terrorism. My guess is if you asked someone to describe a concert bomber, they'd say a white guy with an Irish accent. Yet there was obviously as big a threat on 10 Sept as there was on 12 Sept. So to base fear only on past events is erroneous.

Bristol East

"

Maybe you are the person who needs to widen you social circle. You have quoted two small minority groups and simply ignored everyone else. Most people in the UK are white and you cannot simply exclude them from your survey or quote a very small ( or probably all ) acts of terrorism by those whom you consider to be right wing.

What you have done is prove how rare acts by right wing terrorists are . I cannot see msny rationsl people in the UK being in the slightest concerned . We have yet to see any right wing terrorist blow up an aeroplane or plant a bomb at a concert.

The so called threat is not even worth thinking about. "

Not my findings.

YouGov polling of 6,500 people across the UK.

Wakey, wakey, your view is now the minority - extreme right-wing terrorism is now considered by the public a greater threat than Islamic extremism.

Are you in danger of becoming an extremist yourself?

Your views are certainly at odds with mainstream thinking on this subject.

"

Not my findings.

Wakey, wakey, your view is now the minority - extreme right-wing terrorism is now considered by the public a greater threat than Islamic extremism.

"

No one suggested that they were your findings . I will not be paying too much attention to ugov survey I am quite happy to rely in what I read in the press and what other people say during day to day conversations .

By *retty GoodMan  over a year ago

Cardiff Bay

"

Not my findings.

"

Not on any side here but if the uk population is 66 million ( approx ) and the survey was 6500

Thats 0.009 % of the population.

Not sure that can be any way be used as a decent perspective on the uk

Just saying

in Lancashire

Essentially for some on here, white terrorists of Catholic faith bad..

White terrorists of protestant faith, never even existed..

Any terrorist of any faith who is none white, really bad..

Far right white terrorist, no such thing and not a problem..

Theyre all fucking 'bad' and to excuse one lot, the far right in the case of some posters on here is beyond ignorant or they share the hate and aims of them..