FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Brexiteers choice

Brexiteers choice

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Jo Johnson, (Boris' brother ) wants to know what brexiteers want, as there are so many different versions:

1. No deal (WTO )

2. Norway plus

3. Canada plus plus

4. Soft brexit (cake and eat it - is this still possible?

There is no remain option and no "remain" - just want to see a brexiteers vote preference.

If I have missed an option please enlighten us.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

prozac

"prozac "

Not interested in your medication or are you suggesting MP'S be prescribed it?

Part two of the question is whether it is possible. Norway doesn’t want us so it’s a fake option. It’s like the man thinking he can walk away from his kids and wife yet keep all the money and the house and never lay a penny.

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

"Jo Johnson, (Boris' brother ) wants to know what brexiteers want, as there are so many different versions:

1. No deal (WTO )

2. Norway plus

3. Canada plus plus

4. Soft brexit (cake and eat it - is this still possible?

There is no remain option and no "remain" - just want to see a brexiteers vote preference.

If I have missed an option please enlighten us."

What is the plus of both Norway and Canada? Whatever anyone wants them to be until it's negotiated and then turns out not to be what you wanted. Someone else's fault of course.

That defines Brexit.

It is essentially May's negotiated deal or no deal if we have to leave. Bear in mind May's deal is not an end point...It's an intermediate position before the real trade negotiations begin!

The UK loses regardless.

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

The Norway option is not in the countrol of the UK government.

It requires the approval of member states like Lichtenstein.

All the indications are these countries do not want Europe’s problem child in their club.

Have any proponets of Brexit actually replied on this thread? Seems like they are avoiding it?

It's a good place to take us through your well though out plans!

By *tace 309TV/TS  over a year ago

durham

1) project fear ...a remoaners bible

2) project sensible reality ...a remoaners nightmare

The way the EU have behaved only no 2 makes sense .

Stop the stupid nonsense remoaners .you've got Tony Blair leading you and he's been doing secret talks with the EU .hes only thinking of himself as an EU president one day enough said

"1) project fear ...a remoaners bible

Stop the stupid nonsense remoaners .you've got Tony Blair leading you and he's been doing secret talks with the EU .hes only thinking of himself as an EU president one day enough said "

This isn't an answer just a few tired out soundbites...What's the plan?

West London

Stop the stupid nonsense remoaners .you've got Tony Blair leading you and he's been doing secret talks with the EU .hes only thinking of himself as an EU president one day enough said "

Ignoring the noise;

What does Norway+ mean then?

What proportion of leave voters accept that version of Brexit? Does it matter as long as you're happy with it?

If Tony Blair is "leading" remain in your eyes, then Gerard Batten must be "leading" leave. Right?

Stop the stupid nonsense remoaners .you've got Tony Blair leading you and he's been doing secret talks with the EU .hes only thinking of himself as an EU president one day enough said

Ignoring the noise;

What proportion of leave voters accept that version of Brexit? Does it matter as long as you're happy with it?

If Tony Blair is "leading" remain in your eyes, then Gerard Batten must be "leading" leave. Right? "

I want to hear the details of 'project sensible reality'

This absolute bollocks pretty much sums up the Brexiteers plans. Catchphrases, nonsense and insults.

But I admire the OP for attempting to attain some semblance of reason.

Ignoring the noise;

If Tony Blair is "leading" remain in your eyes, then Gerard Batten must be "leading" leave. Right?

I want to hear the details of 'project sensible reality'"

It it’s a “remoaners nightmare” then I imagine it’s povety, loss of civil rights, loss of workers rights, loss of environmental protection, increased austerity, hormone fuelled meat from the states, restricted travel in Europe, climate of fear on the streets etc etc.

In short: Some form of hard Brexit.

Ignoring the noise;

I want to hear the details of 'project sensible reality'

It it’s a “remoaners nightmare” then I imagine it’s povety, loss of civil rights, loss of workers rights, loss of environmental protection, increased austerity, hormone fuelled meat from the states, restricted travel in Europe, climate of fear on the streets etc etc.

In short: Some form of hard Brexit. "

Strange name for it isn't it? So I guessing they mean leave on WTO the we'll join the economical powerhouse that is Mauritania to be the only country trading on 'raw' WTO.

Although they'll have a slight advantage over us because being a poor economy they qualify for everything but arms zero tariffs with the EU!

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Ignoring the noise;

If Tony Blair is "leading" remain in your eyes, then Gerard Batten must be "leading" leave. Right? "

Very true

upton wirral

Well this is not an easy question but Canada plus or something similar I feel and of course there is still the Irish problem which I think we should ignore and deal with that as separate issue.Yes I do know the implications but we cannot be dictated to by the DUP

"Well this is not an easy question but Canada plus or something similar I feel and of course there is still the Irish problem which I think we should ignore and deal with that as separate issue.Yes I do know the implications but we cannot be dictated to by the DUP"

Are you a remainer or a leaver? just out of interest!

Ignoring the noise;

We're bigger than Norway so we want a better deal

By *avidnsa69Man  over a year ago

Essex

"Well this is not an easy question but Canada plus or something similar I feel and of course there is still the Irish problem which I think we should ignore and deal with that as separate issue.Yes I do know the implications but we cannot be dictated to by the DUP"

We are obliged to sort out the Irish situation. We signed the GFA. Any solution which ignores it is dangerous

upton wirral

"Well this is not an easy question but Canada plus or something similar I feel and of course there is still the Irish problem which I think we should ignore and deal with that as separate issue.Yes I do know the implications but we cannot be dictated to by the DUP

Are you a remainer or a leaver? just out of interest!"

A leaver but agaist hard brexit

"Well this is not an easy question but Canada plus or something similar I feel and of course there is still the Irish problem which I think we should ignore and deal with that as separate issue.Yes I do know the implications but we cannot be dictated to by the DUP

Are you a remainer or a leaver? just out of interest!A leaver but agaist hard brexit"

Thanks, you're the first to reply in a sensible manner (think the other was a troll)

West London

What is Canada+? At least, what more than a deal on trade on certain goods and harmonisation/mutual recognition of some regulations?

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

This + (plus) business actually cracks me up as it just adds to this ridiculous concept of British exceptionalism and entitlement.

Canada+ or even Canada++ and Norway+ is just a way of saying that “obviously we will get a better deal than what Norway and Canada negotiated because we are so much better and more important than they are.”

the country was told that "no-deal" was against the leave campaigns remit and to mention no-deal was project fear..... therefor it is not on the table now .... if the government implement no-deal in the 11th hour then it is their choice as there the other practical solutions are the only real choices

Regarding Ireland, could all air and sea ports both north and south be shared by british and roi border agencies? .

Those landing in roi are pre screened to visit ni and if no uk work permit can visit provided they don't work in uk areas and uk area employers have a screening process to ensure they can.

Reciprocal by those landing in NI are also cleared by the roi border agency.

Goods with both originating and destination addresses

That cross the irish border are automatically charged any duty.

Both people and goods can then freely move across a soft border.

Btw i voted leave but don't want a hard brexit. Especially if it means a hard irish border and the gfa being jeopardised

Why would the Irish agree to everyone entering From EU countries to have to undergo a double check by their own border controls and then again by a foreign countries border controls.

I can’t imagine them agreeing to that.

"Why would the Irish agree to everyone entering From EU countries to have to undergo a double check by their own border controls and then again by a foreign countries border controls.

I can’t imagine them agreeing to that."

Couple of things..

1. By allowing roi border forces to operate in NI.

2. Better option than the old days of "the troubles" . Im sure the ROI don't want a return to armed conflict either.

Was just a thought that came to me.

"Why would the Irish agree to everyone entering From EU countries to have to undergo a double check by their own border controls and then again by a foreign countries border controls.

Couple of things..

2. Better option than the old days of "the troubles" . Im sure the ROI don't want a return to armed conflict either.

"

I mean for sure it’s a better than breaking the good Friday agreement.

I can’t imagine them agreeing to that."

Not double checked by the same border force e.g

They land in Belfast, brit officials allow acces to ni. roi agency clear them to travel south through ni and across border at will. Visa versa if they land in roi

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Newbury

I'd be happy to see us remain in the customs union.

I'd like to see us in a position where we can start to renationalise and the restrictions on state aid don't apply.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"I'd be happy to see us remain in the customs union.

I'd like to see us in a position where we can start to renationalise and the restrictions on state aid don't apply. "

agreed..

that parts of our infrastructure, utilities are generating profits outside the country is plain daft..

[Removed by poster at 16/12/18 21:31:14]

I'd like to see us in a position where we can start to renationalise and the restrictions on state aid don't apply.

agreed..

that parts of our infrastructure, utilities are generating profits outside the country is plain daft.. "

I agree too

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Newbury

agreed..

that parts of our infrastructure, utilities are generating profits outside the country is plain daft..

I agree too"

And people wonder why 70% of Labour constituencies voted leave....

Obviously it's easier for them to believe that all those scummy proles are clearly racists.

As it stands I would go to the Eu and say we are going to leave on Wto terms.

We have agreed a deal with Switzerland. We would soon enough organise other trade deals including with the Eu.

We would sit down with the Eu and sort the other stuff out. But the simple things like limited time movement (hols etc) would stay as they are. People who live here or in the Eu on the 29th March 2019 would be entitled to stay. But going forward any new rules for settlement and work would be enforced.

As for northern Ireland and the republic, the need for solid borders is and will never be needed. Electronic checking of goods is simple enough in this instance as is what happens all over the world.

I also agree that we must pay our outstanding monies to projects we have signed up to, and vice versa, to a maximum period of 2yrs or when projects are over which ever comes 1st.

All these intracies should be done and agreed from now on.

As for security, well I believe we possibly have the best intelligence in the world so I can't see us and them not continuing sharing info as closely as possible as we do currently.

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

"As it stands I would go to the Eu and say we are going to leave on Wto terms.

We have agreed a deal with Switzerland. We would soon enough organise other trade deals including with the Eu.

We would sit down with the Eu and sort the other stuff out. But the simple things like limited time movement (hols etc) would stay as they are. People who live here or in the Eu on the 29th March 2019 would be entitled to stay. But going forward any new rules for settlement and work would be enforced.

As for northern Ireland and the republic, the need for solid borders is and will never be needed. Electronic checking of goods is simple enough in this instance as is what happens all over the world.

I also agree that we must pay our outstanding monies to projects we have signed up to, and vice versa, to a maximum period of 2yrs or when projects are over which ever comes 1st.

As for security, well I believe we possibly have the best intelligence in the world so I can't see us and them not continuing sharing info as closely as possible as we do currently. "

By *nleashedCrakenMan  over a year ago

Widnes

"The Norway option is not in the countrol of the UK government.

It requires the approval of member states like Lichtenstein.

All the indications are these countries do not want Europe’s problem child in their club."

That's not totally correct. The EEA/EFTA

option as Norway has is unlikely (although not totally ruled out). However a deal which leaves us in the single market (the Norway bit) and the customs union (the + bit) is still possible.

Not my preference but, like no deal, still possible.

Couple of things..

"

not a hope can you imagine a situation where there is British customs at ports in the republic ???? Are you nuts !! That's worse than a hard border

They land in Belfast, brit officials allow acces to ni. roi agency clear them to travel south through ni and across border at will. Visa versa if they land in roi"

And what happens if a truck came off a ferry in Belfast with paper work saying the load is destination northern Ireland , but the driver happens to get lost and delivers to the south , that's not protecting the EU common market area

If we could join EFTA we should be able to sign up to existing EFTA trade deals while having full control over everything.

If once joining EFTA we could then join the EEA as an EFTA member to have access to the single market but that comes along with accepting the 4 freedom's but does not include membership of the

Common Agricultural Policy and Common Fisheries Policy so we'd have control over those 2 key area's.

A Customs Union is also not included with EEA membership so you can still strike trade deals independently or as EFTA as a whole.

I think the EFTA / EEA model is best of the leave options but I don't think joining would be easy or even possible.

They land in Belfast, brit officials allow acces to ni. roi agency clear them to travel south through ni and across border at will. Visa versa if they land in roi

And what happens if a truck came off a ferry in Belfast with paper work saying the load is destination northern Ireland , but the driver happens to get lost and delivers to the south , that's not protecting the EU common market area "

How often do lorry drivers deliver to the wrong country never mind the wrong company, and whats the odds the wrong company is dishonest enough to take the load off the lorry dtiver? Asuming its useful to them?

By *nleashedCrakenMan  over a year ago

Widnes

"If we could join EFTA we should be able to sign up to existing EFTA trade deals while having full control over everything.

If once joining EFTA we could then join the EEA as an EFTA member to have access to the single market but that comes along with accepting the 4 freedom's but does not include membership of the

Common Agricultural Policy and Common Fisheries Policy so we'd have control over those 2 key area's.

A Customs Union is also not included with EEA membership so you can still strike trade deals independently or as EFTA as a whole.

I think the EFTA / EEA model is best of the leave options but I don't think joining would be easy or even possible.

"

Problem with EFTA / EEA is that it doesn't include a customs union so doesn't solve the border on the island of Ireland problem. That's why people are talking about EEA+; the + is the customs union (or basically May's deal with the backstop implemented forever but having to pay as well).

And what happens if a truck came off a ferry in Belfast with paper work saying the load is destination northern Ireland , but the driver happens to get lost and delivers to the south , that's not protecting the EU common market area "

Nothing is 100% fool proof, theres bound to be dishonesty and fraud in every system. It was just a suggestion, im not going to do a tony blair on theresa may lol.

West London

"Regarding Ireland, could all air and sea ports both north and south be shared by british and roi border agencies? .

Those landing in roi are pre screened to visit ni and if no uk work permit can visit provided they don't work in uk areas and uk area employers have a screening process to ensure they can.

Btw i voted leave but don't want a hard brexit. Especially if it means a hard irish border and the gfa being jeopardised

"

So the ROI allows a foreign power to monitor all of it's immigration and customs?

How would we feel about that?

"Regarding Ireland, could all air and sea ports both north and south be shared by british and roi border agencies? .

So the ROI allows a foreign power to monitor all of it's immigration and customs?

How would we feel about that?"

I suspect ROI would need to get happy it provides a better alternative than the troubles.

One issue i can see is the break down if anything which originates and ends on the island.

Another is monitoring goods leaving ireland into other parts of the Eu. They’d need to be checked as there would be little guarantee theyd meet standards etc.

But kudos for thinking. It feels more sensible than future tech.

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

I suspect ROI would need to get happy it provides a better alternative than the troubles.

One issue i can see is the break down if anything which originates and ends on the island.

Another is monitoring goods leaving ireland into other parts of the Eu. They’d need to be checked as there would be little guarantee theyd meet standards etc.

But kudos for thinking. It feels more sensible than future tech. "

The ROI don’t need to get happy about anything.

The U.K. iscreating this clusterfuck and it is down to the UK to resolve it.

In years gone by, we would have just bullied Ireland into doing whatever was needed, not anymore.

Imagine that - the EU standing by Ireland and making sure that the U.K. plays fair and adheres to it’s own international obligations.

West London

But kudos for thinking. It feels more sensible than future tech.

The ROI don’t need to get happy about anything.

The U.K. iscreating this clusterfuck and it is down to the UK to resolve it.

In years gone by, we would have just bullied Ireland into doing whatever was needed, not anymore.

Imagine that - the EU standing by Ireland and making sure that the U.K. plays fair and adheres to it’s own international obligations."

This rather demonstrates the power of being part of a powerful organisation rather than on your own.

We're already enjoying one of the "benefits" of leaving.

Anyone seen Centaur?

West London

"Anyone seen Centaur?"

You won't. He'd have to answer a direct question

"As it stands I would go to the Eu and say we are going to leave on Wto terms.

As for security, well I believe we possibly have the best intelligence in the world so I can't see us and them not continuing sharing info as closely as possible as we do currently.

"

What about Nigel Farage's pension? Does he only get it for 2 yrs? So is the electronic system up and running? (Therefore no need for the backstop then - sorted).Do smugglers and drug runners abide by the rules?

Your trying to simplify a complex problem!

How would we feel about that?"

No not ROI issues, uk border forces pre-screen visitors for uk issues incase they want to cross into ni.

Uk reciprocal arrangements would mean roi border agency in NI ajr/sea ports to pre-screen anyone so theyre free to cross to roi if they wish

Whatever course Phony Blair recommends, I'll take the 180 degree opposing position. He is just WRONG!!!

The man is a complete arse, and should stop his meddling in things that don't concern him. Don't forget he was the Middle East Peace Envoy who couldn't be found at the height of when the various different factions were bombing the crap out of each other...Blair is just a self-serving, meddling fool who doesn't realise that most of this country can see right through him and laugh at him not with him. Best thing he could do is crawl back under his rock and keep his stupid mouth shut.

I'm not generally given to ranting, but he makes my blood boil. The man is a complete creep with just his own interests at heart.

"Whatever course Phony Blair recommends, I'll take the 180 degree opposing position. He is just WRONG!!!

The man is a complete arse, and should stop his meddling in things that don't concern him. Don't forget he was the Middle East Peace Envoy who couldn't be found at the height of when the various different factions were bombing the crap out of each other...Blair is just a self-serving, meddling fool who doesn't realise that most of this country can see right through him and laugh at him not with him. Best thing he could do is crawl back under his rock and keep his stupid mouth shut.

I'm not generally given to ranting, but he makes my blood boil. The man is a complete creep with just his own interests at heart."

He has the same right to his opinions as you!

He solved the problem of NI and unfortunately nobody will solve the Middle East problem!

"Whatever course Phony Blair recommends, I'll take the 180 degree opposing position. He is just WRONG!!!

I'm not generally given to ranting, but he makes my blood boil. The man is a complete creep with just his own interests at heart.

He has the same right to his opinions as you!

He solved the problem of NI and unfortunately nobody will solve the Middle East problem! "

Nobody else would be self-serving enough to take the Peace Envoy job then disappear without trace when they were needed either. He is perfectly entitled to his opinions, he is just not entitled to shove them down everybody else's throats by hijacking the media for his own ends now, after his criminal behaviour in meddling in the region in the first place.

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

"

He solved the problem of NI and unfortunately nobody will solve the Middle East problem! "

To be fair, the spadework started under the tenure of John Major. Tony Blair inherited the foundations and built on them.

» Add a new message to this topic