FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Collapse of the EU?

Collapse of the EU?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Ive heard a lot of people claim the EU is going to collapse in the next few years!

Would anyone like to take me up on a bet?

I bet it will still be in existence 5 years from now atnything up to 100pounds...pm your details if interested!

No doubt this will controvine a rule so get your PM's in fast...look forward to hearing from you.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Ive heard a lot of people claim the EU is going to collapse in the next few years!

I bet it will still be in existence 5 years from now atnything up to 100pounds...pm your details if interested!

No doubt this will controvine a rule so get your PM's in fast...look forward to hearing from you."

Can we pool our bets?

I've been hearing this nonsense for 2 years here.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

[Removed by poster at 18/12/18 12:17:31]

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Yes it will exist in 5 years,maybe even in 10 but as what?How many countries will it be?In what form will it be?

Collapse does not mean it won't exist.

Syria has collapsed,south Africa is collapsing etc etc.

It might be in a war but they will call it a civil war lol.

Look at France,Spain,Italy,Portugal not doing very well.Etc etc etc

By *m3232Man  over a year ago

maidenhead

It’s going to fail no doubt it’s just how much money they keep pumping in to it before it does.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

It's I no one's interests for it to collapse, not that I think it will for a long time yet.

Even when or if we leave it's not in our interests and to want it to is stupid, they are our neighbours with whom we have many shared interests and areas of cooperation..

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

i dont think people want it to fail but think that it will eventually the difference between the rich north and poor south all with the same money (euro) it is bound to fail eventually.

in Lancashire

"i dont think people want it to fail but think that it will eventually the difference between the rich north and poor south all with the same money (euro) it is bound to fail eventually."

There have been and still are some on here who openly desire it to fail, some of the language used does make you wonder if its wind and piss or they have personal issues..

On the other hand maybe in time the prosperity will spread to the poorer areas and it will start to slowly balance out..

Far preferable in the long term..

I have enough bad habits without gambling on foreign politics. But I can see the EU starting to collapse the minute the first member state brakes free (hopefully that will be us, but our politicians could still wreck BREXIT).

It’s a bit like a gang, blood in blood out. But once the first member state manages to leave successfully, others will follow. It is only supposed to be a trading block, but they (Germsny in particular) are trying to turn it into an empire. They will not succeed, and the only country that might come out of it unscathed will be Germany.

I give them six years maximum.

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

EU spending IS prioritised to the areas in greatest need.

EDRF money goes to those areas whose GDP is below 75 per cent of the average.

Parts of the UK qualified for this money - Highlands and Islands, Cornwall, South Wales, Merseyside.

They lost out when the countries of the former Warsaw Pact joined. Their GDP rose above 75 per cent of the average.

Update: nobody has taken up the bet yet!

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

"Update: nobody has taken up the bet yet!"

Because people on here are full of shit when it comes to these things. There was a MF couple profile on here who used to post regular on the politics forum who started a Brier score game a few years ago and they said they would give the winner a prize, either cash or free paid entry into a club of the winners choice. I ended up winning the game as most of my predictions turned out to be most accurate, never received any money from them or free paid entry into a club from them either. When it turned out I'd won they stopped posting here. Maybe they wanted someone to win who was more in line with their thinking on things? But to not honour what they said they would do was pretty piss poor from them.

in Lancashire

Bit like people reneging on their bets..

"Update: nobody has taken up the bet yet!

Because people on here are full of shit when it comes to these things. There was a MF couple profile on here who used to post regular on the politics forum who started a Brier score game a few years ago and they said they would give the winner a prize, either cash or free paid entry into a club of the winners choice. I ended up winning the game as most of my predictions turned out to be most accurate, never received any money from them or free paid entry into a club from them either. When it turned out I'd won they stopped posting here. Maybe they wanted someone to win who was more in line with their thinking on things? But to not honour what they said they would do was pretty piss poor from them. "

No one would take my bet on the pound going to shit two years ago

Because people on here are full of shit when it comes to these things. There was a MF couple profile on here who used to post regular on the politics forum who started a Brier score game a few years ago and they said they would give the winner a prize, either cash or free paid entry into a club of the winners choice. I ended up winning the game as most of my predictions turned out to be most accurate, never received any money from them or free paid entry into a club from them either. When it turned out I'd won they stopped posting here. Maybe they wanted someone to win who was more in line with their thinking on things? But to not honour what they said they would do was pretty piss poor from them. "

So you want to make the bet? You have a tracking record of being a great predictor according to yourself!

feel free to pm me!

Cannock

Because people on here are full of shit when it comes to these things. There was a MF couple profile on here who used to post regular on the politics forum who started a Brier score game a few years ago and they said they would give the winner a prize, either cash or free paid entry into a club of the winners choice. I ended up winning the game as most of my predictions turned out to be most accurate, never received any money from them or free paid entry into a club from them either. When it turned out I'd won they stopped posting here. Maybe they wanted someone to win who was more in line with their thinking on things? But to not honour what they said they would do was pretty piss poor from them.

No one would take my bet on the pound going to shit two years ago "

That's subjective depending on who you speak to though. UK exporters wouldn't call it turning to shit, they'd call it a boost to their business.

That's subjective depending on who you speak to though. UK exporters wouldn't call it turning to shit, they'd call it a boost to their business. "

That is idiotic.

Cannock

That's subjective depending on who you speak to though. UK exporters wouldn't call it turning to shit, they'd call it a boost to their business.

That is idiotic."

No it isn't.

That is idiotic.

No it isn't. "

My house is worth less but at least someone esle can buy it cheap...ps I thought we exported far less than we imported...it was part of 'they need us more than we need them' matra??

That is idiotic."

He's a very special man of unique talents

That is idiotic.

No it isn't.

My house is worth less but at least someone esle can buy it cheap...ps I thought we exported far less than we imported...it was part of 'they need us more than we need them' matra??"

Indeed, exports are always banded around as a winner while ignoring the fact everything else is costing more for the poorest of society

Does anyone of a good peer to peer betting app myself and centaur can use?

Then neither can renage on the bet!

"Does anyone of a good peer to peer betting app myself and centaur can use?

Then neither can renage on the bet!"

Can I take a bet that he won't take a bet?

He's holding a strong face in public but dispite the most grandiose rationalisations he's generally been proven more and more wrong as time goes on.

Can I take a bet that he won't take

He's holding a strong face in public but dispite the most grandiose rationalisations he's generally been proven more and more wrong as time goes on.

"

I'm not a charity mate.

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

"

follow these threads and cant say anyone has been proved right or wrong only time will tell.

follow these threads and cant say anyone has been proved right or wrong only time will tell."

Go back in time...banks wouldn't move from london, the EU would be bending over backwards to concede on a deal, trump would be a cheerleader for the UK, pound would stabilise and much much more from the cognitive dissonance hall of fame

I was having a discussion with my Dad about this at lunchtime today.

We both agree that the reason why the EU have given us such a dogs dinner of a deal is because they are hoping to force a second referendum in which they hope that we will change our minds and decide to stay.

They really don't want us to leave. And for 39 billion very good reasons.

We are the 2nd highest net contributor to the EU. There are only two other net contributors. The other 25 nations are all on the take.

Without our money, France and Germany will be asked to stump up more cash.

The French are already out in the streets of Paris protesting over taxes etc - can you imagine what they're going to be like once we've gone?

The EU is doomed. I give it less than five years, but on the outside I'd say it's got a maximum of 10 years left.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

you say its 39 billion reasons..... i would say its 39 billion reasons that the UK have signed legally binding contracts over!!!

if you don't honour commitments financially it will kill your credit rating....

if you decided not to honour your mortgage payments, what would happen?

By *inxnmasterCouple  over a year ago

naughty valley

"I was having a discussion with my Dad about this at lunchtime today.

We both agree that the reason why the EU have given us such a dogs dinner of a deal is because they are hoping to force a second referendum in which they hope that we will change our minds and decide to stay.

We are the 2nd highest net contributor to the EU. There are only two other net contributors. The other 25 nations are all on the take.

The French are already out in the streets of Paris protesting over taxes etc - can you imagine what they're going to be like once we've gone?

The EU is doomed. I give it less than five years, but on the outside I'd say it's got a maximum of 10 years left."

Could be a realistic estimate , the exposure is there .

To bad the UK will have to watch it from the level of those drowned already and it’s only 3 month away , that gives anyone in Europe an idea what happens to any member if the EU doesn’t get their shit together

A bit like the time I made myself homeless to teach those safe in their beds a valuable lesson

Cannock

follow these threads and cant say anyone has been proved right or wrong only time will tell.

Go back in time...banks wouldn't move from london, the EU would be bending over backwards to concede on a deal, trump would be a cheerleader for the UK, pound would stabilise and much much more from the cognitive dissonance hall of fame "

Equally from the opposite side I could say,

Go back in time....Following a vote to leave the UK would fall into a deep and immediate recession, there would be between 500,000 and, 800,000 job losses, house prices would crash, the Eurosceptics would be defeated in Italy, the great Angela Merkel would carry on indefinitely as leader of Germany and the election of Macron would be a stabilising force for the EU, and much much more from the cognitive dissonance hall of fame.

Go back in time...banks wouldn't move from london, the EU would be bending over backwards to concede on a deal, trump would be a cheerleader for the UK, pound would stabilise and much much more from the cognitive dissonance hall of fame

Go back in time....Following a vote to leave the UK would fall into a deep and immediate recession, there would be between 500,000 and, 800,000 job losses, house prices would crash, the Eurosceptics would be defeated in Italy, the great Angela Merkel would carry on indefinitely as leader of Germany and the election of Macron would be a stabilising force for the EU, and much much more from the cognitive dissonance hall of fame. "

It's notoriously difficult to get the direction AND timing right....are you saying a recession hasn't occured/started?

Go back in time....Following a vote to leave the UK would fall into a deep and immediate recession, there would be between 500,000 and, 800,000 job losses, house prices would crash, the Eurosceptics would be defeated in Italy, the great Angela Merkel would carry on indefinitely as leader of Germany and the election of Macron would be a stabilising force for the EU, and much much more from the cognitive dissonance hall of fame.

It's notoriously difficult to get the direction AND timing right....are you saying a recession hasn't occured/started? "

I'm thinking of getting Centy a DNA kit for xmas! what do you think? might get that peacehaven guy one as well.

By *oubepoMan  over a year ago

Spain Portugal France

"Ive heard a lot of people claim the EU is going to collapse in the next few years!

No doubt this will controvine a rule so get your PM's in fast...look forward to hearing from you."

Sounds like an ambiguous proposition

There is a big difference between collapsing and still being in existence

By *avidnsa69Man  over a year ago

Essex

The EU is doomed. I give it less than five years, but on the outside I'd say it's got a maximum of 10 years left."

We are the third biggest contributor actually and 10 EU countries are contributors. Don't let facts get in the way though

By *verysmileMan  over a year ago

CANTERBURY

The EU will adapt to life without the UK.

It is constantly in metamorphosis.......wasn't one of the arguments to leave that we had voted in 1975 to stay in the EEC not the EU?

That is idiotic."

It is a fact, the weak pound means foreign companies can buy British goods cheaper than they used to be. The export market is enjoying a kind of boom right now, that is the truth.

By *verysmileMan  over a year ago

CANTERBURY

That is idiotic.

It is a fact, the weak pound means foreign companies can buy British goods cheaper than they used to be. The export market is enjoying a kind of boom right now, that is the truth."

Very true except all the components imported from overseas are now more expensive.....

The EU is doomed. I give it less than five years, but on the outside I'd say it's got a maximum of 10 years left.

We are the third biggest contributor actually and 10 EU countries are contributors. Don't let facts get in the way though"

Thanks

By *tace 309TV/TS  over a year ago

durham

No doubt this will controvine a rule so get your PM's in fast...look forward to hearing from you.

Can we pool our bets?

"

it won't look nonsense when it happens now will it .it won't go on in its current state .and thanks to us it won't have a complete federal state its always had ambitions on

Can we pool our bets?

it won't look nonsense when it happens now will it .it won't go on in its current state .and thanks to us it won't have a complete federal state its always had ambitions on "

Lol

durham

The house of cards will fall .as for the time .

How long is a piece of string. I'm glad we are leaving the circus .it will soon have no no big top . good riddence to bad rubbish

"The house of cards will fall .as for the time .

How long is a piece of string. I'm glad we are leaving the circus .it will soon have no no big top . good riddence to bad rubbish "

Your posts are idiotic.

Where's the reasoning?

durham

Can we pool our bets?

it won't look nonsense when it happens now will it .it won't go on in its current state .and thanks to us it won't have a complete federal state its always had ambitions on

Lol"

truth hurts dont it

durham

How long is a piece of string. I'm glad we are leaving the circus .it will soon have no no big top . good riddence to bad rubbish

Your posts are idiotic.

Where's the reasoning?"

look don't come calling me idiotic .I never wanted in the shit fest in the first place . we all have an opinion .we are all entitled to an opinion . .the UK was better before we joined the so called common market .and it will get better again . if you want to stay om board titanic2 you are welcome to it boyo .but don't you dare call me idiotic . I take offence at your remark . if you want a slanging match you can have one

Your posts are idiotic.

Where's the reasoning? look don't come calling me idiotic .I never wanted in the shit fest in the first place . we all have an opinion .we are all entitled to an opinion . .the UK was better before we joined the so called common market .and it will get better again . if you want to stay om board titanic2 you are welcome to it boyo .but don't you dare call me idiotic . I take offence at your remark . if you want a slanging match you can have one "

No I just want a cogent argument

Bristol East

I love these EU-bashing posts foretelling the collapse of the EU because the UK is no longer a member.

It completely ignores the fact the biggest brake by far on the EU for many years has been a recalcitrant UK.

That brake is now being removed, making European integration more likely, not less.

Your posts are idiotic.

Where's the reasoning? look don't come calling me idiotic .I never wanted in the shit fest in the first place . we all have an opinion .we are all entitled to an opinion . .the UK was better before we joined the so called common market .and it will get better again . if you want to stay om board titanic2 you are welcome to it boyo .but don't you dare call me idiotic . I take offence at your remark . if you want a slanging match you can have one "

Think you need to check your history - we were the sick man of Europe. Before you engage in such statements check the facts - full facts and not a comic website.

That is idiotic.

It is a fact, the weak pound means foreign companies can buy British goods cheaper than they used to be. The export market is enjoying a kind of boom right now, that is the truth.

Very true except all the components imported from overseas are now more expensive....."

As will all our exports once tariffs have been applied.

It’s interetsing to hear all these opinions on the collapse of the EU. What is equally or even more likely is the collapse of the UK. Scotland and Nothern Ireland both voted to remain. Being forced to leave by a westminister parliament will only increase nationalism in those countries which could have them split from UK

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

Your posts are idiotic.

Where's the reasoning? look don't come calling me idiotic .I never wanted in the shit fest in the first place . we all have an opinion .we are all entitled to an opinion . .the UK was better before we joined the so called common market .and it will get better again . if you want to stay om board titanic2 you are welcome to it boyo .but don't you dare call me idiotic . I take offence at your remark . if you want a slanging match you can have one

No I just want a cogent argument "

Something that has been lacking from the Brexit side from day 1.

Hyperbole, emotional platitudes, jingoistic nonsense and fantasy - that is your best bet

"I love these EU-bashing posts foretelling the collapse of the EU because the UK is no longer a member.

It completely ignores the fact the biggest brake by far on the EU for many years has been a recalcitrant UK.

That brake is now being removed, making European integration more likely, not less."

Can we call it project fear if your predicting the Eu won’t collapse. I get confused.

Cannock

Your posts are idiotic.

Where's the reasoning? look don't come calling me idiotic .I never wanted in the shit fest in the first place . we all have an opinion .we are all entitled to an opinion . .the UK was better before we joined the so called common market .and it will get better again . if you want to stay om board titanic2 you are welcome to it boyo .but don't you dare call me idiotic . I take offence at your remark . if you want a slanging match you can have one

Hyperbole, emotional platitudes, jingoistic nonsense and fantasy - that is your best bet "

What does that say about the remain campaign then? You think this about Brexiters and yet Leave still won the referendum.

Your posts are idiotic.

Hyperbole, emotional platitudes, jingoistic nonsense and fantasy - that is your best bet

What does that say about the remain campaign then? You think this about Brexiters and yet Leave still won the referendum. "

I’m going to guess the answer is the remain campaign was none of nonsense fantasy emotional platitudes etc. Hence they lost.

Cannock

Your posts are idiotic.

What does that say about the remain campaign then? You think this about Brexiters and yet Leave still won the referendum.

I’m going to guess the answer is the remain campaign was none of nonsense fantasy emotional platitudes etc. Hence they lost. "

No, it says the remain campaign must have been monumentally shit to lose to Brexiters using those type of arguments.

Bristol East

"I love these EU-bashing posts foretelling the collapse of the EU because the UK is no longer a member.

That brake is now being removed, making European integration more likely, not less.

Can we call it project fear if your predicting the Eu won’t collapse. I get confused. "

I am all for taking down the barriers between people.

That has been a great success of the EU.

It makes me sad that Brexshit Britain wants to put those barriers back up.

I know some will say that is not what this is about. But it is an inevitable consequence that Britain will be less open after March 29.

I do not know when, but the most likely thing to collapse is the United Kingdom as a result of the stress caused bu Brexshit.

Still no takers!

Your posts are idiotic.

I’m going to guess the answer is the remain campaign was none of nonsense fantasy emotional platitudes etc. Hence they lost.

No, it says the remain campaign must have been monumentally shit to lose to Brexiters using those type of arguments. "

Well i hope you’ve got an escape plan Centy because look what happened to lord haw haw!

Cannock

Your posts are idiotic.

No, it says the remain campaign must have been monumentally shit to lose to Brexiters using those type of arguments.

Well i hope you’ve got an escape plan Centy because look what happened to lord haw haw! "

Lord Haw Haw? LOL your desperation is getting worse here by the day. Lord Haw Haw was sentenced to death, are you saying you want to bring the death penalty back? You're not doing your flower power, liberal, remain image much good here are you fella.

Cannock

So remainers often accuse Brexiters of wanting to take the UK back to the past, the 1950's or the 70's, yet here we have a remainer who wants to take Britain back to the days of capital punishment and the death penalty.

"So remainers often accuse Brexiters of wanting to take the UK back to the past, the 1950's or the 70's, yet here we have a remainer who wants to take Britain back to the days of capital punishment and the death penalty. "

I reckon you'd vote for it!?

"So remainers often accuse Brexiters of wanting to take the UK back to the past, the 1950's or the 70's, yet here we have a remainer who wants to take Britain back to the days of capital punishment and the death penalty.

I reckon you'd vote for it!?"

Also capital punishment is the death sentence!

"So remainers often accuse Brexiters of wanting to take the UK back to the past, the 1950's or the 70's, yet here we have a remainer who wants to take Britain back to the days of capital punishment and the death penalty. "

How ironic since remaining in the EU and restoring the death penalty are incompatible.

This is what is currently threatening Turkey's application to join the EU and they are considering bringing back the death penalty.

"So remainers often accuse Brexiters of wanting to take the UK back to the past, the 1950's or the 70's, yet here we have a remainer who wants to take Britain back to the days of capital punishment and the death penalty.

How ironic since remaining in the EU and restoring the death penalty are incompatible.

This is what is currently threatening Turkey's application to join the EU and they are considering bringing back the death penalty.

"

Get real! There are about 38 charters to complete before EU membership - I believe they have met 1! Not just about death penalty.

Your posts are idiotic.

Well i hope you’ve got an escape plan Centy because look what happened to lord haw haw!

Lord Haw Haw? LOL your desperation is getting worse here by the day. Lord Haw Haw was sentenced to death, are you saying you want to bring the death penalty back? You're not doing your flower power, liberal, remain image much good here are you fella. "

I wouldn’t want you dead old fella - you’re far too entertaining for that

Not one PM .

"Not one PM ."

Not one pair swinging between any brexiters.

I'm somewhat dissatisfied and disappointed .They must be plastic brexiters.

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

Your posts are idiotic.

What does that say about the remain campaign then? You think this about Brexiters and yet Leave still won the referendum. "

Because the Leave campaign was emotional and promised a fantasy.

Also, do stop pretending that it was not also based on the fear of non-EU, dark-skinned, Muslim refugees.

Very successful.

Undeliverable.

Leave won. Just be honest about why.

» Add a new message to this topic