FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > EU member states, france and italy

EU member states, france and italy

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

A lot has been said on how Greece ended up in dire straights, but how come france and italy aren't doing so well.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *j48Man  over a year ago

Wigan

Because by nature one capitulated far too easily and the other runs away and wants to change sides

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Greeks are known gamblers

"Greeks are known gamblers "

That'll be us in a fair few years. Thought that the Greek issue was that the middle class avoided tax and the state promised too much.

"A lot has been said on how Greece ended up in dire straights, but how come france and italy aren't doing so well.

"

What measure are you using in France? Gdp growth is comparable (if not better) than uk in recent times I think.

"A lot has been said on how Greece ended up in dire straights, but how come france and italy aren't doing so well.

What measure are you using in France? Gdp growth is comparable (if not better) than uk in recent times I think. "

The Gilet Jaunes have hit the French economy lately. I have Just read an article from DW (German newspaper ) where the Germans have found evidence of Russian bots being involved in stoking up trouble.

The main point though is can we ever have another election or any democratic process that will not be manipulated?

By *essiCouple  over a year ago

suffolk

"Greeks are known gamblers "

They also enjoy extensive breaks during a typical working day..all retire early and want a hefty pension even though they haven’t paid into the system...

"Greeks are known gamblers

They also enjoy extensive breaks during a typical working day..all retire early and want a hefty pension even though they haven’t paid into the system..."

Greek politics has been controlled by two "families" who immediately overturned what the previous lot did, and have favour to their mates. A bit like our tribalism of left & right. Fuck the country and they did!

"Greeks are known gamblers

They also enjoy extensive breaks during a typical working day..all retire early and want a hefty pension even though they haven’t paid into the system..."

Are they use the Spanish model

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

All of this is proof that being in the EU is not so good,it is imploding and will die that is why we should be out and remainers do not seem to see the long term dangers of being in this corrupt and inefficient organization

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

Corrupt? Imploding?

What evidence do you have of this?

There are so many struggling nations in the EU, and while some of the poorer nations will benefit from membership, the rest will be paying towards helping them. It would appear that the whole of continental Europe is heading for recession. You can’t blame the French or the Italians for feeling resentment for having to contribute when they are struggling themselves. The EU will unravel, and I think it will happen within the next five or six years. I just hope we are free of them in time, or they will drag us down with them.

"There are so many struggling nations in the EU, and while some of the poorer nations will benefit from membership, the rest will be paying towards helping them. It would appear that the whole of continental Europe is heading for recession. You can’t blame the French or the Italians for feeling resentment for having to contribute when they are struggling themselves. The EU will unravel, and I think it will happen within the next five or six years. I just hope we are free of them in time, or they will drag us down with them. "

My thoughts too. Seen a news item where Italy was threatened with sanctions of all things, if it didn't tow the line fiscally.

with France, brussels ok'd the extra 2 billion euros to help macron ease the unrest. But still want an austere system in France to ensure money flows to brussels.

I cant figure why we have little so little confidence in ourselves to to run our own country

"There are so many struggling nations in the EU, and while some of the poorer nations will benefit from membership, the rest will be paying towards helping them. It would appear that the whole of continental Europe is heading for recession. You can’t blame the French or the Italians for feeling resentment for having to contribute when they are struggling themselves. The EU will unravel, and I think it will happen within the next five or six years. I just hope we are free of them in time, or they will drag us down with them.

My thoughts too. Seen a news item where Italy was threatened with sanctions of all things, if it didn't tow the line fiscally.

with France, brussels ok'd the extra 2 billion euros to help macron ease the unrest. But still want an austere system in France to ensure money flows to brussels.

I cant figure why we have little so little confidence in ourselves to to run our own country "

We do run our own country and wanting to remain in the bloc has nothing to do with having any confidence issues in ourselves at all.

[Removed by poster at 18/12/18 14:24:59]

"There are so many struggling nations in the EU, and while some of the poorer nations will benefit from membership, the rest will be paying towards helping them. It would appear that the whole of continental Europe is heading for recession. You can’t blame the French or the Italians for feeling resentment for having to contribute when they are struggling themselves. The EU will unravel, and I think it will happen within the next five or six years. I just hope we are free of them in time, or they will drag us down with them.

I cant figure why we have little so little confidence in ourselves to to run our own country

We do run our own country and wanting to remain in the bloc has nothing to do with having any confidence issues in ourselves at all."

Someone posted how lucky we were to be accepted by common market as it was called, because we were the sick man of Europe. Faoling economy, power cuts etc..

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

What measure are you using in France? Gdp growth is comparable (if not better) than uk in recent times I think. "

Maybe but when you look at employment and unemployment levels it's a very different story.

Youth unemployment in France is up at 20.5%, while in the UK it's only 11.4%.

Overall unemployment in France is 9.3% while in the UK it's only 4%.

Cannock

What measure are you using in France? Gdp growth is comparable (if not better) than uk in recent times I think.

The Gilet Jaunes have hit the French economy lately. I have Just read an article from DW (German newspaper ) where the Germans have found evidence of Russian bots being involved in stoking up trouble.

The main point though is can we ever have another election or any democratic process that will not be manipulated? "

Nothing to do with Macron's piss poor management of the country then?

Liberal globalists default position now seems to be on anything,.... 'if in doubt just blame the Russians', LOL.

Were all of those people dressed in yellow vests on the streets of France over the last 4 weekends Russians in disguise?

"All of this is proof that being in the EU is not so good,it is imploding and will die that is why we should be out and remainers do not seem to see the long term dangers of being in this corrupt and inefficient organization"

Oh yeah

"Proof"

You make me laugh

Maybe but when you look at employment and unemployment levels it's a very different story.

Overall unemployment in France is 9.3% while in the UK it's only 4%. "

Consider country A. Out of every 100, 96 youths go to uni. Of the 4 remaining one is unemployed. It has an unemployment rate of 25%

In country B only four go to uni. Of the 96, 10 are unemployed. It has an unemployment rate of under 10%.

Which is worse ?

If we were to look at the ratio of unemployed to all, we’d see very different numbers (1% v 10%)

Now France still has a worse unemployment ratio, but it’s something like 9% versus 7%. Because France has more youths going into higher and future education (at least at the early range of young adults.

In my opinion we’re in similar economic places when you look across the board.

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

[Removed by poster at 18/12/18 18:57:43]

By *oubepoMan  over a year ago

Spain Portugal France

Consider country A. Out of every 100, 96 youths go to uni. Of the 4 remaining one is unemployed. It has an unemployment rate of 25%

In country B only four go to uni. Of the 96, 10 are unemployed. It has an unemployment rate of under 10%.

Which is worse ?

If we were to look at the ratio of unemployed to all, we’d see very different numbers (1% v 10%)

Now France still has a worse unemployment ratio, but it’s something like 9% versus 7%. Because France has more youths going into higher and future education (at least at the early range of young adults.

"

Interesting point but University students don’t count as unemployed in any country in the EU

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

The main point though is can we ever have another election or any democratic process that will not be manipulated?

Liberal globalists default position now seems to be on anything,.... 'if in doubt just blame the Russians', LOL.

Were all of those people dressed in yellow vests on the streets of France over the last 4 weekends Russians in disguise? "

Is the Hungarian government doing a better job?

Fifth day of protest over their slave law.

No natty dress code though.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/12/18/hungary-protests-spill-fifth-day/

seems the retarded righty government of italy rolled over on their wildly idiotic budget like a bunch of spineless pussies .... all gob and no balls these righties

Cannock

"seems the retarded righty government of italy rolled over on their wildly idiotic budget like a bunch of spineless pussies .... all gob and no balls these righties "

In the same way little Napoleon Macron rolled over on his wildly idiotic fuel increase taxes like a spineless pussy......All gob and no balls these globalists.

macrons a righty so that proves these retarded righty pussies are all gob and no balls

Cannock

"macrons a righty so that proves these retarded righty pussies are all gob and no balls "

No, Macron is a centrist, globalist libtard.

"macrons a righty so that proves these retarded righty pussies are all gob and no balls

No, Macron is a centrist, globalist libtard. "

nope ... macron is a proven and self confessed retarded righty

Cannock

"macrons a righty so that proves these retarded righty pussies are all gob and no balls

nope ... macron is a proven and self confessed retarded righty"

I don't recall you calling Macron a retarded righty when he was left as one of the final 2 candidates along with Marine Le Pen. If you think Macron is a righty now though at least you've finally recognised the left is dead in France as two right wingers made it to the final 2 candidates in the French election. And it's never too late to jump on the populist yellow vests bandwagon against Macron.

I don't recall you calling Macron a retarded righty when he was left as one of the final 2 candidates along with Marine Le Pen. "

and? was there a point to you pointing out that you don't recall me giving an opinion on something because i didn't give an opinion on it? and would you like some hot buttered toast soldiers to dip in the egg that is covering your face?

By *avidnsa69Man  over a year ago

Essex

"There are so many struggling nations in the EU, and while some of the poorer nations will benefit from membership, the rest will be paying towards helping them. It would appear that the whole of continental Europe is heading for recession. You can’t blame the French or the Italians for feeling resentment for having to contribute when they are struggling themselves. The EU will unravel, and I think it will happen within the next five or six years. I just hope we are free of them in time, or they will drag us down with them. "

There is no proof that the EU is heading towards recession.....it's doing better than the UK in terms of annual growth

Essex

I cant figure why we have little so little confidence in ourselves to to run our own country "

Our government couldnt run a whelk stall. Have you not noticed the absolute shambles we are living through? It's a sorry state of affairs when we come to accept that this utter fiasco is just fine.

Essex

You're not an economist are you?

Essex

I don't recall you calling Macron a retarded righty when he was left as one of the final 2 candidates along with Marine Le Pen. If you think Macron is a righty now though at least you've finally recognised the left is dead in France as two right wingers made it to the final 2 candidates in the French election. And it's never too late to jump on the populist yellow vests bandwagon against Macron. "

Being left of le pen is hardly proof of being a "libtard". All it shows is that you're not standing on a platform of fascism and racism

West London

French productivity is also about 30% higher than the UK. I've always struggled with that as a statistic, but it is a consistent one.

I know you like to pick and choose statistics, but I tend to accept that if one statistic is used from a given data source, then you accept the others too.

In that case, as each individual in France produces more, then fewer people are needed for a given level of output. So those people who are below mediocre simply aren't employed. The French solution has always been to be generous with benefits dor those not working.

This is economically sensible. It's questionable if this works socially and if social spending can be maintained with pressure from low wage economies.

Probably too complicated a discussion for you as you prefer to be able to point and shout "EU bad"

Cannock

There is no proof that the EU is heading towards recession.....it's doing better than the UK in terms of annual growth"

Is it? 3rd quarter growth in the UK was 3 times higher than that of the Eurozone, UK on 0.6%, while the Eurozone was only 0.2%. We'll see what the overall annual growth figures of the UK vs the Eurozone are in January.

West London

There is no proof that the EU is heading towards recession.....it's doing better than the UK in terms of annual growth

Is it? 3rd quarter growth in the UK was 3 times higher than that of the Eurozone, UK on 0.6%, while the Eurozone was only 0.2%. We'll see what the overall annual growth figures of the UK vs the Eurozone are in January. "

You really don't understand economics.

Both of these are within the limits of correction.

We are all heading towards a global recession thanks in large part to your hero Trump. Have you not noticed?

Which is worse ?

Interesting point but University students don’t count as unemployed in any country in the EU "

That’s exactky the point. I’m not saying either country excludes students while the other includes in their unemployment figures. But if you only look at the economically active you miss the wider picture. Per 100 young adults we have about the same who are neither employed or in education, but as the French have more in education their unemployed as a % of economically active looks worse.

Were all of those people dressed in yellow vests on the streets of France over the last 4 weekends Russians in disguise? "

Yeah well we have to believe it was down to the Russians, after all it was in a German newspaper!

By *nleashedCrakenMan  over a year ago

Widnes

If the EU implodes it will drag us down with it whether we're in the EU or not.

By *ucadenMan  over a year ago

Rome /italy

I'm italian and live in Italy ,EU was the second worst choice Italy did in his history

"I'm italian and live in Italy ,EU was the second worst choice Italy did in his history"

Can i ask you, how you see the future for Italy?

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

"I'm italian and live in Italy ,EU was the second worst choice Italy did in his history"
Would you like to be out of it? if so move to the uk we will be soon.

Rome /italy

the future for Italy in EU ?...Germany will rule everything and we will be only their slaves.

This situation is worst of 2 world war

Rome /italy

UK made the right choice!EU is only burocracy

By *anejohnkent6263Couple  over a year ago

canterbury

[Removed by poster at 22/12/18 11:41:45]

canterbury

I hope the eu falls on its arse soon ..then countries can fall and stand on there own feet....for good or bad ....might make people understand life is not all about handouts.. it's funny I've found the harder I work the richer I get ....funny that

"I hope the eu falls on its arse soon ..then countries can fall and stand on there own feet....for good or bad ....might make people understand life is not all about handouts.. it's funny I've found the harder I work the richer I get ....funny that"
countries do stand on their own two feet. The Eu is (arguably) a rising tide which raises all shops. Sure there’s a bit of wealth distribution. But this happens everywhere. In the Uk the minority pay a large chunk of the taxes and the average native is a net drain on the state.

canterbury

There are many drains in many countries across the world ...if you breed shit with shit guess what you get in the end....

West London

"There are many drains in many countries across the world ...if you breed shit with shit guess what you get in the end...."

Leave the weak and the old and the unfortunate to fend for themselves then?

Fair enough. Just about everything in your life is completely within your control right? So ultimately if things go wrong it's your fault

By *otlovefun42Couple  over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

Is it? 3rd quarter growth in the UK was 3 times higher than that of the Eurozone, UK on 0.6%, while the Eurozone was only 0.2%. We'll see what the overall annual growth figures of the UK vs the Eurozone are in January.

We are all heading towards a global recession thanks in large part to your hero Trump. Have you not noticed?"

Yes. The EU growth figures could be corrected down, and the UK's up.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

i just think that its ironic that centy likes to use hungary a lot in examples of EU disharmony ....

so... care to comment on the "slave law" your boy Orban has just brought in???????

West London

We are all heading towards a global recession thanks in large part to your hero Trump. Have you not noticed?

Yes. The EU growth figures could be corrected down, and the UK's up. "

No idea what point you were making.

Well done

"There are many drains in many countries across the world ...if you breed shit with shit guess what you get in the end...."

I hope that isn’t as dark as it sounds ...

"There are many drains in many countries across the world ...if you breed shit with shit guess what you get in the end....

I hope that isn’t as dark as it sounds ..."

Going on past comments he has made I wouldn’t like to bet on that

upton wirral

"Corrupt? Imploding?

What evidence do you have of this?"

Not democratic FACT.Look at the economies of France,Greece,Italy,Spain etc the facts are hitting you in the face but your blind to it.

"Corrupt? Imploding?

What evidence do you have of this?Not democratic FACT.Look at the economies of France,Greece,Italy,Spain etc the facts are hitting you in the face but your blind to it."

except France is in a v similar position to us.

West London

"Corrupt? Imploding?

What evidence do you have of this?Not democratic FACT.Look at the economies of France,Greece,Italy,Spain etc the facts are hitting you in the face but your blind to it."

Is the USA looking like a happy place?

Partial government shut-down over Christmas.

Hungary? Turkey? South Africa? Brazil?

By *otlovefun42Couple  over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

Yes. The EU growth figures could be corrected down, and the UK's up.

No idea what point you were making.

Well done "

The point is very simple (to those who want to see it)

Anything "within the limits of correction" can be corrected BOTH ways.

Oh and yes, a global recession is coming and maybe Trump will nudge it along a bit.

However it will be caused by the worldwide mountain of government and private debt that no-one has got the will to tackle (as usual) 2008 hasn't gone away, it's just resting a while.

upton wirral

"Corrupt? Imploding?

What evidence do you have of this?Not democratic FACT.Look at the economies of France,Greece,Italy,Spain etc the facts are hitting you in the face but your blind to it.

Hungary? Turkey? South Africa? Brazil?"

USA etc are not in the EU so not relevant here

West London

"Corrupt? Imploding?

What evidence do you have of this?Not democratic FACT.Look at the economies of France,Greece,Italy,Spain etc the facts are hitting you in the face but your blind to it.

Hungary? Turkey? South Africa? Brazil?USA etc are not in the EU so not relevant here"

They are if they are in a similar situation but outside the EU. It implies that is independent of EU membership. Being outside of supranational organisation or having an anti-EU position doesn't help.

canterbury

Why oh why is the world obsessed with the poor people...migrants and shit....stand up for your own or don't breed ...easy why should i pay for other people ...get off your arse and sort it yourself ...happy xmas

"Why oh why is the world obsessed with the poor people...migrants and shit....stand up for your own or don't breed ...easy why should i pay for other people ...get off your arse and sort it yourself ...happy xmas"

Did your parents put you through private school? Could they have afforded it? And private medical? I’m very lucky I probably could do this for any kids I have. But I suspect I would have been fucked before I was started had it not been for social responsibility.

"Why oh why is the world obsessed with the poor people...migrants and shit....stand up for your own or don't breed ...easy why should i pay for other people ...get off your arse and sort it yourself ...happy xmas"

Saying happy Xmas at the end....Classic!

Can you define 'your own'? Family? Nation? Race? Species?

By *oi_LucyCouple  over a year ago

Barbados

Because we are not all cunts? Merry Christmas to you too.

-Matt

"Why oh why is the world obsessed with the poor people...migrants and shit....stand up for your own or don't breed ...easy why should i pay for other people ...get off your arse and sort it yourself ...happy xmas

Because we are not all cunts? Merry Christmas to you too.

-Matt"

I couldn’t argue with that! Cheers!

Is it? 3rd quarter growth in the UK was 3 times higher than that of the Eurozone, UK on 0.6%, while the Eurozone was only 0.2%. We'll see what the overall annual growth figures of the UK vs the Eurozone are in January. "

You are a brain tumour to this forum...nonstop nonsense but I do admire you teflon-like ability to never seem bothered.

Blind faith must feel good

Jaysus

Let it all out...show us your real motives.

West London

In the end it all crystalises

» Add a new message to this topic