FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > We hear a lot about unrest

We hear a lot about unrest

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *G Lana OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

Gosport

We hear a lot about violence and cival unrest from the Brexstreamists but very little about how the, almost politically unrepresented, remainers are going to react if a no deal exit is delivered. Do we really just expect them to acquiesce to this or should we expect disorder from all the outcomes except May's deal?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"We hear a lot about violence and cival unrest from the Brexstreamists but very little about how the, almost politically unrepresented, remainers are going to react if a no deal exit is delivered. Do we really just expect them to acquiesce to this or should we expect disorder from all the outcomes except May's deal?"

Civil unrest wouldn’t achieve anything in a no deal Brexit. The damage is irreversible.

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

"We hear a lot about violence and cival unrest from the Brexstreamists but very little about how the, almost politically unrepresented, remainers are going to react if a no deal exit is delivered. Do we really just expect them to acquiesce to this or should we expect disorder from all the outcomes except May's deal?

Civil unrest wouldn’t achieve anything in a no deal Brexit. The damage is irreversible. "

Viva la revolución

By *ross-eyed MaryMan  over a year ago

Salisbury

"We hear a lot about violence and cival unrest from the Brexstreamists but very little about how the, almost politically unrepresented, remainers are going to react if a no deal exit is delivered. Do we really just expect them to acquiesce to this or should we expect disorder from all the outcomes except May's deal?"

You could go and smash up Gosport high street, but who would notice?

By *igsteve43Man  over a year ago

derby

So leavers talk about civil unrest if brexit is abandoned and remainers talk of unrest if we have a no deal brexit so either way unrest, dont worry though the remainers have an answer , another referendum because of course that wouldnt be divisive at all

"So leavers talk about civil unrest if brexit is abandoned and remainers talk of unrest if we have a no deal brexit so either way unrest, dont worry though the remainers have an answer , another referendum because of course that wouldnt be divisive at all "

Thank you for your thoughtful contribution to the debate

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

We have remainers unrest now so this again is a bias statement against brexiteers you are getting more discusting as leaving gets nearer

By *nleashedCrakenMan  over a year ago

Widnes

I don't think we need fear civil unrest from Remainers if we leave. However that does not mean there will not be unrest. If the consequences of a shambolic 'no deal' BREXIT are even half as bad or less than those predicted then millions of people will loose their homes, their jobs and their money and will rightly feel disgruntled and angry. It won't matter then whether they voted Leave or Remain.

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

"I don't think we need fear civil unrest from Remainers if we leave. However that does not mean there will not be unrest. If the consequences of a shambolic 'no deal' BREXIT are even half as bad or less than those predicted then millions of people will loose their homes, their jobs and their money and will rightly feel disgruntled and angry. It won't matter then whether they voted Leave or Remain.

"

a bit over the top with millions will lose there homes their jobs

Widnes

"I don't think we need fear civil unrest from Remainers if we leave. However that does not mean there will not be unrest. If the consequences of a shambolic 'no deal' BREXIT are even half as bad or less than those predicted then millions of people will loose their homes, their jobs and their money and will rightly feel disgruntled and angry. It won't matter then whether they voted Leave or Remain.

a bit over the top with millions will lose there homes their jobs "

No, it's really not.

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

No, it's really not.

"

Even swivel eyed loony tune Europhiles like Nick Clegg were not talking about millions of job losses (who actually said millions would lose jobs then? )

Clegg said between 500,000 and 800,000 job losses but as we've seen since the vote to Leave the opposite has happened, with employment increasing and unemployment falling.

Bristol East

Police contingency planning is for both scenarios.

Project fear at its best! Half a million jobs in Europe rely on supplying the UK

Bristol East

If more people are in work, why is productivity stagnant?

"We hear a lot about violence and cival unrest from the Brexstreamists but very little about how the, almost politically unrepresented, remainers are going to react if a no deal exit is delivered. Do we really just expect them to acquiesce to this or should we expect disorder from all the outcomes except May's deal?

Civil unrest wouldn’t achieve anything in a no deal Brexit. The damage is irreversible. "

If there's disruption in supply of goods in shops, then i think their could be trouble.

I remember the fuel shortages a few years ago and there was some ugly scenes at the petrol stations. I jope it doesn't happen but could see it in supermarkets etc

Cannock

Civil unrest wouldn’t achieve anything in a no deal Brexit. The damage is irreversible.

If there's disruption in supply of goods in shops, then i think their could be trouble.

I remember the fuel shortages a few years ago and there was some ugly scenes at the petrol stations. I jope it doesn't happen but could see it in supermarkets etc"

You get idiots fighting over cheap televisions in shops on black Friday so its nothing new.

I remember the fuel shortages a few years ago and there was some ugly scenes at the petrol stations. I jope it doesn't happen but could see it in supermarkets etc

You get idiots fighting over cheap televisions in shops on black Friday so its nothing new. "

True! Lol

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

No, it's really not.so a half as bad no deal brexit will result in millions losing there homes and jobs and you don’t think you are being over the top lol

"

I’m not interested in getting locked up for rioting if the govt reneg on BREXIT. Being part of a large crowd is far too risky.

I do know of quite a few very vocal local remoaners, I shall be having a few “quiet words” with.

The rest I will leave to the imagination...

[Removed by poster at 24/12/18 19:40:10]

Bugger, wish it gave you a "confirm delete" option when you accidentally hit "delete post" link

"So leavers talk about civil unrest if brexit is abandoned and remainers talk of unrest if we have a no deal brexit so either way unrest, dont worry though the remainers have an answer , another referendum because of course that wouldnt be divisive at all "

Better divided and doing ok than divided and economically barren.

"I’m not interested in getting locked up for rioting if the govt reneg on BREXIT. Being part of a large crowd is far too risky.

I do know of quite a few very vocal local remoaners, I shall be having a few “quiet words” with.

The rest I will leave to the imagination..."

Widnes

"I’m not interested in getting locked up for rioting if the govt reneg on BREXIT. Being part of a large crowd is far too risky.

Ha, ha, ha. We're all crapping ourselves mate.

"

A leaver advocating violence as a solution to others holding views not in line with his own....well I never....

Roll on BREXIT to restore democracy through the ballot box and a little online keyboard warrioring and violent threats

By *tace 309TV/TS  over a year ago

durham

"We hear a lot about violence and cival unrest from the Brexstreamists but very little about how the, almost politically unrepresented, remainers are going to react if a no deal exit is delivered. Do we really just expect them to acquiesce to this or should we expect disorder from all the outcomes except May's deal?We have remainers unrest now so this again is a bias statement against brexiteers you are getting more discusting as leaving gets nearer"
the remoaners can't help themselves .I can't wait for brexit .maybe then they might shut up .not before time

No, it's really not.

Even swivel eyed loony tune Europhiles like Nick Clegg were not talking about millions of job losses (who actually said millions would lose jobs then? )

Clegg said between 500,000 and 800,000 job losses but as we've seen since the vote to Leave the opposite has happened, with employment increasing and unemployment falling. "

You’re as bad as Donald Trump and his “alternative facts”.

Everyone born in Britian will get a free car and a handshake from the Queen after Brexit, fact.

No deal no problem

Widnes

"No deal no problem, no BREXIT "

Fixed it for you.

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

The caricature becomes more lifelike with each passing day lol

By *rMrsWestMidsCouple  over a year ago

Dudley

"

I seem to recall you were crapping yourself when you got a bit of verbal on the train coming back from the peoples vote rally! You seem to have grown a backbone now you are safe behind your keyboard! Lol

"We hear a lot about violence and cival unrest from the Brexstreamists but very little about how the, almost politically unrepresented, remainers are going to react if a no deal exit is delivered. Do we really just expect them to acquiesce to this or should we expect disorder from all the outcomes except May's deal?We have remainers unrest now so this again is a bias statement against brexiteers you are getting more discusting as leaving gets nearerthe remoaners can't help themselves .I can't wait for brexit .maybe then they might shut up .not before time "

We ARE leaving (allegedly) so if leavers were going to cause civil unrest you’d think they be doing it.

Instead c 5% of all leavers congregated in a small area trouble free.

Now there may be media spin on this but the civil unrest is linked with a second referendum. But when the cofounder of leave means peace suggests it, there may be more than just media bias.

So is it really a biased OP ? Have I missed the remainers civil unrest ?

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

They will nod off..

By *oi_LucyCouple  over a year ago

Barbados

The caricature becomes more lifelike with each passing day lol"

That is the most diplomatic way of putting it

-Matt

"

Very droll, and I’m not your mate...

I seem to recall you were crapping yourself when you got a bit of verbal on the train coming back from the peoples vote rally! You seem to have grown a backbone now you are safe behind your keyboard! Lol "

It’s what you get with libtards, they love the whole safety in numbers thing, but when things are more even they do literally shit their pants. It wasn’t long ago that it was pretty even in Oxford (they ran away), and Dover (they hid in a building site lobbing bricks at us, including at women and children.

I have been on so many demos, rallys, marches and days of action, that I won’t risk loosing it under those circumstances again. I’m on too many lists and an too easily identified.

in Lancashire

I seem to recall you were crapping yourself when you got a bit of verbal on the train coming back from the peoples vote rally! You seem to have grown a backbone now you are safe behind your keyboard! Lol

It’s what you get with libtards, they love the whole safety in numbers thing, but when things are more even they do literally shit their pants. It wasn’t long ago that it was pretty even in Oxford (they ran away), and Dover (they hid in a building site lobbing bricks at us, including at women and children.

I have been on so many demos, rallys, marches and days of action, that I won’t risk loosing it under those circumstances again. I’m on too many lists and an too easily identified."

Of course you are..

Where you near Gatwick last week by any chance..?

I have been on so many demos, rallys, marches and days of action, that I won’t risk loosing it under those circumstances again. I’m on too many lists and an too easily identified.

Of course you are..

Where you near Gatwick last week by any chance..? "

No, I was working, and besides, why would I be?

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Unrest is more likely due to immediate lack of basic human needs than what someone may have voted in an information gathering referendum years before, where many have changed their position and are more informed now.

Of course you are..

Where you near Gatwick last week by any chance..? "

He’s more into bashing hippies than flying drones.

Of course you are..

Where you near Gatwick last week by any chance..?

He’s more into bashing hippies than flying drones.

"

Bashing hippies? A big fan of Pink Floyd like me? Most of my run ins were against AnTiFa. When they attacked us for fuck all most of the time. It took time, but we now give as good as we get. They can only fight when they vastly outnumber us. (Us meaning anyone they disagree with). They are not hippies, they are plastic anarchists. A bunch of upper class rich kids who are rebelling against mummy and daddy.

By *inkyLondonpairCouple  over a year ago

London

I really don't get this "if we don't get brexit we're going to riot". The only way we won't get brexit is if we have another vote and the "people" who voted for brexit with the benefit of three years of Britain trying to get out of the EU say "actually, we've had a rethink and, after all, think brexit isn't worth it".

I can't see the argument that then says the view of the "people" in 2016 is somehow more valid than the view of the "people" in 2019.

We get over two years of project more fear and even more more fear and then get another referendum? Fuck that! 2916 was a once in a lifetime ref, and that is how it has to stay.

in Lancashire

"We get over two years of project more fear and even more more fear and then get another referendum? Fuck that! 2916 was a once in a lifetime ref, and that is how it has to stay."

No it wasn't..

Keep on believing it if that helps but if there is another the you'll be disappointed..

I don't want one as a way of sorting the current mess, that's Parliaments job..

But in the future as with the initial one if another one is called and that reverses this decision, that's democracy..

Widnes

I seem to recall you were crapping yourself when you got a bit of verbal on the train coming back from the peoples vote rally! You seem to have grown a backbone now you are safe behind your keyboard! Lol "

As usual, you recall incorrectly. I relayed an incident, I never said I was scared or crapping my self. I relayed the incident to highlight the aggressive nature of a lot of BREXITERS. Seems like I needn't have bothered as they now seem to take a perverse pride in telling everyone just how aggressive and violent they are to people who won't go along with their mad ideas. Good to know which side of the fence you're on when it comes to the use of violence and intimidation in order to force others to do what you say or want.

Widnes

Very droll, and I’m not your mate..."

Damb right there MATE!!

Why don’t we have a vote on whether to have another referendum, then if that’s close have another one in a year, then if that’s close another one the year after that and so on.. and waste more years on delaying action.

The vote happened, it was out, agree or disagree we all had the same chance to make our vote count.

The issue that will stall the economy is not knowing the terms and how to plan and move forward as businesses.

Once we leave and the politicians stop their personal battles then it will all smooth over very quickly.

Europe need our trade, we need theirs.

A few months or year of change then it will be yesterdays news...

Just get on with it now for fooks sake!

Widnes

I cooked my self a really nice gammon joint at the weekend to have over Christmas. It was really nice and sweet, covered in a nice honey mustard glaze and a crisp crackling.

in Lancashire

"I cooked my self a really nice gammon joint at the weekend to have over Christmas. It was really nice and sweet, covered in a nice honey mustard glaze and a crisp crackling.

"

We had gammon too, glazed with treacle..

Much nicer than plain..

London

It's interesting that, despite all the evidence of illegality in the leave campaign, no remainders are advocating violence to overturn the 2016 vote.

On the other hand leavers are explicitly threatening or inciting violence if they lose a vote in 2019.

That, for me, tells you everything about the two sides.

"Why don’t we have a vote on whether to have another referendum, then if that’s close have another one in a year, then if that’s close another one the year after that and so on.. and waste more years on delaying action.

The vote happened, it was out, agree or disagree we all had the same chance to make our vote count.

The issue that will stall the economy is not knowing the terms and how to plan and move forward as businesses.

Once we leave and the politicians stop their personal battles then it will all smooth over very quickly.

"

I agree with the sentiment of th first part. No more referendums.

The second part highlights some of the misunderstandings around the impact of Brexit on the economy. And is reason not to have another vote on it. The politicians need to step up and sort their shit out instead of worrying about votes in the next election.

Dudley

As usual, you recall incorrectly. I relayed an incident, I never said I was scared or crapping my self. I relayed the incident to highlight the aggressive nature of a lot of BREXITERS. Seems like I needn't have bothered as they now seem to take a perverse pride in telling everyone just how aggressive and violent they are to people who won't go along with their mad ideas. Good to know which side of the fence you're on when it comes to the use of violence and intimidation in order to force others to do what you say or want.

"

What violence or intimidation have I used to force people to do what I want!? Just making up more lies, you said you have been involved in politics so that will come naturally!

Hiding behind other passengers sounds like someone crapping their self to me!

"It's interesting that, despite all the evidence of illegality in the leave campaign, no remainders are advocating violence to overturn the 2016 vote.

On the other hand leavers are explicitly threatening or inciting violence if they lose a vote in 2019.

That, for me, tells you everything about the two sides. "

This sweeping statement ( though just your personal opinion I know) is the default position of someone who lost a vote, still believes the majority’s vote doesn’t count and is stating facts that have little or no substance to back up their own opinion.

“No” remainers are advocating violence... I’m assuming you haven’t spoken or heard from the millions that voted stay personally?

“Leavers” are explicitly threatening violence... again, how many of the millions that voted leave are threatening this that you have personally heard from?

Nice ass by the way

Widnes

"I cooked my self a really nice gammon joint at the weekend to have over Christmas. It was really nice and sweet, covered in a nice honey mustard glaze and a crisp crackling.

Much nicer than plain.. "

Funny how some gammons can be sweet, flavourful, succulent and an absolute pleasure, really adding something special to the whole Christmas ambience; whereas others can be over salted, bitter, too fatty and a little tough.

"Why don’t we have a vote on whether to have another referendum, then if that’s close have another one in a year, then if that’s close another one the year after that and so on.. and waste more years on delaying action.

I agree with the sentiment of th first part. No more referendums.

The second part highlights some of the misunderstandings around the impact of Brexit on the economy. And is reason not to have another vote on it. The politicians need to step up and sort their shit out instead of worrying about votes in the next election. "

I’m not naive enough to think everything will be perfect and easy, but, it will smooth over once the decision is done, the stalling is causing a lot of the indecision from a business point of view.

Widnes

What violence or intimidation have I used to force people to do what I want!? Just making up more lies, you said you have been involved in politics so that will come naturally!

Hiding behind other passengers sounds like someone crapping their self to me! "

The normal ad hominem arguments from you. .

Dudley

Hiding behind other passengers sounds like someone crapping their self to me!

The normal ad hominem arguments from you. .

"

Lol you had nothing to back your accusations up with then! Just full of piss and wind!

in Lancashire

Much nicer than plain..

Funny how some gammons can be sweet, flavourful, succulent and an absolute pleasure, really adding something special to the whole Christmas ambience; whereas others can be over salted, bitter, too fatty and a little tough.

"

Yes..

Glaze all gammon in sweetness..

in Lancashire

"It's interesting that, despite all the evidence of illegality in the leave campaign, no remainders are advocating violence to overturn the 2016 vote.

That, for me, tells you everything about the two sides. "

To be fair on here it's very much a minority shouting the odds, although I've not looked on other social media sites..

It's hot air by and large with a sprinkling of fiction and fantasy added, very school boyish..

Cannock

"I really don't get this "if we don't get brexit we're going to riot". The only way we won't get brexit is if we have another vote and the "people" who voted for brexit with the benefit of three years of Britain trying to get out of the EU say "actually, we've had a rethink and, after all, think brexit isn't worth it".

I can't see the argument that then says the view of the "people" in 2016 is somehow more valid than the view of the "people" in 2019. "

We had a vote to join the common market in the 1970's it was implemented against the wishes of those who voted against it. What made that vote more valid than the view of the 'people' In the early 90's when the masstricct treaty was signed and we entered the EU? What made the view of the 'people' in the 1970's more valid than the view of the people in the year 2004 when Tony Blair opened up the floodgates to unlimited immigration from Eastern European countries who had just joined the EU? We didn't get any additional votes then over 20 to 30 years after the original referendum. Still in 2014 when ukip won the European MEP elections in 2014, a clear sign that the British people wanted out of the EU we didn't get a referendum on it in 2014 either and had to wait another 2 years until 2016.

What made the view of the people in the 1970's more valid than the view of the people during all of those subsequent years right up until 2016?

Widnes

"I really don't get this "if we don't get brexit we're going to riot". The only way we won't get brexit is if we have another vote and the "people" who voted for brexit with the benefit of three years of Britain trying to get out of the EU say "actually, we've had a rethink and, after all, think brexit isn't worth it".

I can't see the argument that then says the view of the "people" in 2016 is somehow more valid than the view of the "people" in 2019.

We had a vote to join the common market in the 1970's it was implemented against the wishes of those who voted against it. What made that vote more valid than the view of the 'people' In the early 90's when the masstricct treaty was signed and we entered the EU? What made the view of the 'people' in the 1970's more valid than the view of the people in the year 2004 when Tony Blair opened up the floodgates to unlimited immigration from Eastern European countries who had just joined the EU? We didn't get any additional votes then over 20 to 30 years after the original referendum. Still in 2014 when ukip won the European MEP elections in 2014, a clear sign that the British people wanted out of the EU we didn't get a referendum on it in 2014 either and had to wait another 2 years until 2016.

What made the view of the people in the 1970's more valid than the view of the people during all of those subsequent years right up until 2016? "

I'll leave others less hung over than myself to argue the points you've made but factually you are incorrect.

We never had a referendum asking if we wanted to join the EEC in the 70s. We joined the EEC on 1st January 1973. The referendum, which was in 1975 and the question was:-

"Do you think the United Kingdom should stay in the European Community (the Common Market)?"

We should have a referendum on unlimited migration. Made it clearer. As it is people are still talking about options which may allow large FOM....

What made the view of the people in the 1970's more valid than the view of the people during all of those subsequent years right up until 2016?

I'll leave others less hung over than myself to argue the points you've made but factually you are incorrect.

We never had a referendum asking if we wanted to join the EEC in the 70s. We joined the EEC on 1st January 1973. The referendum, which was in 1975 and the question was:-

"Do you think the United Kingdom should stay in the European Community (the Common Market)?"

My point still stands. What made the view of the 'people' from that vote in 1975 more valid than the view of the people during all of the subsequent years after up until 2016. "

Isn’t the point no past vote should trump the current (or future) vote.

I’d argue that until 2016 there wasn’t a big enough groundswell against the EU. Or FoM or whatever people voted for. The margin of victory wasn’t that great.

Two years later,I suspect many are saying there is enough of a reason the will has changed again. Ironically because we won’t have a MeP election or similar there won’t be much in the way of tangible evidence other than polls etc.

But if the will has changed it should be listened to more than the 2016 vote. On the same way the 2016 is over ruling previous votes.

Cannock

My point still stands. What made the view of the 'people' from that vote in 1975 more valid than the view of the people during all of the subsequent years after up until 2016.

I’d argue that until 2016 there wasn’t a big enough groundswell against the EU. Or FoM or whatever people voted for. The margin of victory wasn’t that great.

Two years later,I suspect many are saying there is enough of a reason the will has changed again. Ironically because we won’t have a MeP election or similar there won’t be much in the way of tangible evidence other than polls etc.

But if the will has changed it should be listened to more than the 2016 vote. On the same way the 2016 is over ruling previous votes.

"

Would have to strongly disagree with that. I think there was a groundswell of public opinion against the EU when the Masstricct treaty was signed in the 90's but we weren't given a vote on it. I think there was a groundswell of opinion against the EU around 2004 when Tony Blair allowed in unlimited immigration from eastern Europe, we weren't given a vote on it. I think there was a groundswell of opinion against the EU around 2007/8 when the Lisbon treaty was signed which Labour promised a referendum on then reneged on it, we were never given a vote on it. There was a groundswell of opinion against the EU in 2014 when ukip won the MEP elections here, we still weren't given a referendum on membership even then!

It is fundamentally unfair that people like me were kept in the EU for all of those years against our will without ever having opportunity to vote on it, now sore losers like you want another vote within 2 years before the result of the last one has even been implemented.

You think its unfair you're not being given another vote now, let's see how you feel after 40 years, which is how long Eurosceptics had to wait between 1975 and 2016.

Have a taste of your own medicine for once!

I think the GE plus UKip MEPs was the catalyst for the referendum as it shitted up the tories. And that is the only way to get change, by worrying one of the big two.

Until then I don’t think many people cared enough. As a big eurosceptic you did. But most didn’t. The Eu neither worked nor didn’t work.

(Indeed I’m cynical people really care today. I think the majority of the opinion is an anti-politician protest vote. That’s another thread)

I am intrigued by the idea of “we suffered unfairness so you should too” point of view. Not very democratic.

We do need a better way of bringing these things to the fore tho. Gushing not just opinion but strength of opinon. Yes/no doesn’t show how much you care.

Oh, and btw I’m not as big a remainer as you think I am. I just like to hold people’s arguments up to scrutiny and brexit helps show how much people take their views from headlines, soundbites and partial facts. Until people can consider evidence properly we will never have true democracy that serves the best interest of the people. Or their true will.

in Lancashire

My point still stands. What made the view of the 'people' from that vote in 1975 more valid than the view of the people during all of the subsequent years after up until 2016.

Would have to strongly disagree with that. I think there was a groundswell of public opinion against the EU when the Masstricct treaty was signed in the 90's but we weren't given a vote on it. I think there was a groundswell of opinion against the EU around 2004 when Tony Blair allowed in unlimited immigration from eastern Europe, we weren't given a vote on it. I think there was a groundswell of opinion against the EU around 2007/8 when the Lisbon treaty was signed which Labour promised a referendum on then reneged on it, we were never given a vote on it. There was a groundswell of opinion against the EU in 2014 when ukip won the MEP elections here, we still weren't given a referendum on membership even then!

It is fundamentally unfair that people like me were kept in the EU for all of those years against our will without ever having opportunity to vote on it, now sore losers like you want another vote within 2 years before the result of the last one has even been implemented.

You think its unfair you're not being given another vote now, let's see how you feel after 40 years, which is how long Eurosceptics had to wait between 1975 and 2016.

"

The irony of your last line is that the balm coming to soothe your fevered brow with whatever deal is done may not be the tonic you thought you asked for..

A bitter pill to swallow perhaps..

Let’s play nice folks

By *ary_ArgyllMan  over a year ago

Argyll

No, it's really not.

Clegg said between 500,000 and 800,000 job losses but as we've seen since the vote to Leave the opposite has happened, with employment increasing and unemployment falling. "

I don't understand why people keep saying nothing much has happened to jobs so nothing will happen - we actually haven't left yet!

"

I don’t think they are liking the taste of that, still the beeb will ensure that they get to wave that stupid blue flag behind anyone reporting outside Parliament. That’s my observation of media bias against BREXIT. Now for my gammon joint and a few more JDs

No, it's really not.

Clegg said between 500,000 and 800,000 job losses but as we've seen since the vote to Leave the opposite has happened, with employment increasing and unemployment falling.

I don't understand why people keep saying nothing much has happened to jobs so nothing will happen - we actually haven't left yet!"

Tbf the treasury analysis was in the two years between the vote and leaving.

London

What made the view of the people in the 1970's more valid than the view of the people during all of those subsequent years right up until 2016? "

The vote in 1975 clearly isn't more valid than the vote in 2016, but the position we are in at the moment would not have been envisaged by no one in June 2016, and there is a significant evidence that the "will of the people" is different now with the benefit of two and a half years hindsight.

Essentially, the easiest way out of this megafuck would be another vote and if we do have another vote, it's difficult to see how those who fetishise the 2016 "will of the people" can dismiss a more up to date "will of the people".

But at the end of the day, its not about principle at all. You don't want another vote because you think your team might lose. I want one for precisely the same reason.

London

[Removed by poster at 26/12/18 19:32:26]

"We should have a referendum on unlimited migration. Made it clearer. As it is people are still talking about options which may allow large FOM...."

I watched the 2007 film "Children of Men" the other day and it made me wonder if the beginning looked like what post BREXIT could be like

"There are some horrible ugly minded cunts on here today....merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Have a look in the mirror and you will see one! "

Dont take it personally....if folks play rough then they have to take the knocks dont they? Also why on earth do you think I would waste any more time on you? I know what you think and I know anything I say to you is just going to be spat on, shat on and ground into the dirt so why bother communicating with me? I dont care who you are or what you think and thats about the size of it. I hope you understand.

Dudley

"There are some horrible ugly minded cunts on here today....merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Have a look in the mirror and you will see one!

Dont take it personally....if folks play rough then they have to take the knocks dont they? Also why on earth do you think I would waste any more time on you? I know what you think and I know anything I say to you is just going to be spat on, shat on and ground into the dirt so why bother communicating with me? I dont care who you are or what you think and thats about the size of it. I hope you understand. "

Did you get some new clown shoes for Christmas or is there still plenty of wear in the one ones!!

Dudley

Have a look in the mirror and you will see one!

Dont take it personally....if folks play rough then they have to take the knocks dont they? Also why on earth do you think I would waste any more time on you? I know what you think and I know anything I say to you is just going to be spat on, shat on and ground into the dirt so why bother communicating with me? I dont care who you are or what you think and thats about the size of it. I hope you understand.

Did you get some new clown shoes for Christmas or is there still plenty of wear in the one ones!! "

Old ones!

Widnes

No, it's really not.

I don't understand why people keep saying nothing much has happened to jobs so nothing will happen - we actually haven't left yet!

Tbf the treasury analysis was in the two years between the vote and leaving. "

To be even fairer the analysis was based on Article 50 being triggered the day after the referendum, no additional action being taken to mitigate the adverse economic effects and world growth remaining at the same levels as it had been prior to the referendum. In reality what actually happened was that Article 50 was not triggered the day after the referendum but 9 months later, mitigating action was taken including a further massive round of quantitative easing and an easing of austerity, and finally world economic growth was significantly higher in the year after the referendum than it had been in the year before.

Cannock

No, it's really not.

To be even fairer the analysis was based on Article 50 being triggered the day after the referendum, no additional action being taken to mitigate the adverse economic effects and world growth remaining at the same levels as it had been prior to the referendum. In reality what actually happened was that Article 50 was not triggered the day after the referendum but 9 months later, mitigating action was taken including a further massive round of quantitative easing and an easing of austerity, and finally world economic growth was significantly higher in the year after the referendum than it had been in the year before.

"

LOL, doesn't this just highlight and show what a mugs game it is to try to predict the future (economic forecasts), and what a load of bullshit project fear really is. Economic modelling makes a range of predictions around a set number of events happening. Project fear forecasts in 2016 were false because certain events didn't happen. The reality is you can't control some events both here in the UK or out in the wider world. This is why much of the economic forecasts about Brexit in 2019 should be taken with a gigantic pinch of salt!

No, it's really not.

LOL, doesn't this just highlight and show what a mugs game it is to try to predict the future (economic forecasts), and what a load of bullshit project fear really is. Economic modelling makes a range of predictions around a set number of events happening. Project fear forecasts in 2016 were false because certain events didn't happen. The reality is you can't control some events both here in the UK or out in the wider world. This is why much of the economic forecasts about Brexit in 2019 should be taken with a gigantic pinch of salt! "

You boasted in a previous thread about your ability to predict the future a couple of weeks ago!

Forecasts are a blunt tool to describe complex situations and so should be wielded with caution. Anyone who quotes them as fact is liable for a fall (hello George). Anyone who looks at the results without understanding the assumptions and model is likely to miss something. Anyone who dismisses forecasts just because they can never become true is also missing something.

However, as blunt as they are, when used properly they can be informative. The treasury’s impact was based on immediate post referendum uncertainty. Anything to help manage that uncertainity would temper impacts. QE would have an effect on interest rates and therefore house prices.

However given they showed large negative impacts, one may guess that with some tempering, there would be some (relative) reduction in GDP post article 50. This has been seen. Likewise falls in sterling.

Imo a large pinch of salt is too dismissive of the help they can be. A weather forecast may be wrong. It may have a Michael fish moment. But I’d still pack a coat if there was a chance of thunder. As even if it’s just drizzle I will still get wet.

No, it's really not.

LOL, doesn't this just highlight and show what a mugs game it is to try to predict the future (economic forecasts), and what a load of bullshit project fear really is. Economic modelling makes a range of predictions around a set number of events happening. Project fear forecasts in 2016 were false because certain events didn't happen. The reality is you can't control some events both here in the UK or out in the wider world. This is why much of the economic forecasts about Brexit in 2019 should be taken with a gigantic pinch of salt!

You boasted in a previous thread about your ability to predict the future a couple of weeks ago!"

Using logic with this man is futile.

Cannock

No, it's really not.

You boasted in a previous thread about your ability to predict the future a couple of weeks ago!"

Yes I predicted leave would win the referendum and Trump would win the Presidency, i was correct on both counts, but they were much easier to predict because it was a binary choice between 2 options.

My post above which you quoted was referring to economic forecasting, which has a wide range of variables and is much harder to predict.

Stand on the white cliffs and look down at all the trucks entering and leaving the port. They aren’t going to want to stop trading. As for 3 million losing their homes, you shouldn’t have borrowed so much. It’s all scaremongering anyway. Bit like the millennium bug all over again!

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

"Forecasts are a blunt tool to describe complex situations and so should be wielded with caution. Anyone who quotes them as fact is liable for a fall (hello George). Anyone who looks at the results without understanding the assumptions and model is likely to miss something. Anyone who dismisses forecasts just because they can never become true is also missing something.

However, as blunt as they are, when used properly they can be informative. The treasury’s impact was based on immediate post referendum uncertainty. Anything to help manage that uncertainity would temper impacts. QE would have an effect on interest rates and therefore house prices.

However given they showed large negative impacts, one may guess that with some tempering, there would be some (relative) reduction in GDP post article 50. This has been seen. Likewise falls in sterling.

Imo a large pinch of salt is too dismissive of the help they can be. A weather forecast may be wrong. It may have a Michael fish moment. But I’d still pack a coat if there was a chance of thunder. As even if it’s just drizzle I will still get wet. "

Many forecast that planes would stop flying completely on 1st April already that has been proved wrong but of course leavers will say ah but there will be a lot less flights than before, as yet we dont know whether that is true or not and of course in the context of global warming then that should be the goal anyway.

Also how does anyone know that GDP is less than it would have been had the brexit result not happened? It is just more project fear when their original projections were shown to be rubbish

On flights, it was less a forecast. More a statement that, without any arrangement, fligts would stop. I’m not sure if that’s been proven false yet, just the Eu have put terms on the table to avoid it.

On gdp, it’s difficult to show what would have happened if the vote went the other way. All we can say is we have gone from being one of the higher growth countries in the Eu to one of the lowest. It’s easy to put a brexit narrative around this....

(And I know last quarter we were higher than the eurozone/Eu average. I’m looking at the wider picture).

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

"On flights, it was less a forecast. More a statement that, without any arrangement, fligts would stop. I’m not sure if that’s been proven false yet, just the Eu have put terms on the table to avoid it.

On gdp, it’s difficult to show what would have happened if the vote went the other way. All we can say is we have gone from being one of the higher growth countries in the Eu to one of the lowest. It’s easy to put a brexit narrative around this....

(And I know last quarter we were higher than the eurozone/Eu average. I’m looking at the wider picture). "

Why would the EU want to destroy its tourism industry by stopping flights? Of course it wouldnt so no flights was never going to happen, will there be some changes? of course thats what happens when you get divorced .

The uk/eu financial cycle is different so at times we will be better at times worse, will we take a hit when we leave, yes its possible but in the medium to long term I beleive we will do better being out, demand for office space in London has grown since the vote, mind you Im not sure we should regard more bankers as a good thing, long term at least

"On flights, it was less a forecast. More a statement that, without any arrangement, fligts would stop. I’m not sure if that’s been proven false yet, just the Eu have put terms on the table to avoid it.

(And I know last quarter we were higher than the eurozone/Eu average. I’m looking at the wider picture).

Why would the EU want to destroy its tourism industry by stopping flights? Of course it wouldnt so no flights was never going to happen, will there be some changes? of course thats what happens when you get divorced .

The uk/eu financial cycle is different so at times we will be better at times worse, will we take a hit when we leave, yes its possible but in the medium to long term I beleive we will do better being out, demand for office space in London has grown since the vote, mind you Im not sure we should regard more bankers as a good thing, long term at least"

Things can be explained in lots of ways. But there is a strong correlation between Eu and uk.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.ft.com/content/cf51e840-7147-11e7-93ff-99f383b09ff9

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.ft.com/content/cf51e840-7147-11e7-93ff-99f383b09ff9

Bristol East

"

"

Contrary to some popular thinking, Britons aren't the only ones who spend their money visiting Europe.

Who said the EU wanted to stop flights?

It was always an inevitable legal consequence of the UK separating from the EU and its single aviation market, without any new legal provision being made.

The EU has put forward a proposal that, in the absence of any comprehensive agreement, allows for a continuation of transport connections.

That's hardly the action of an organisation that wants to stop transport connections.

On the other hand, there seem plenty on these islands who want no arrangement and nothing to do with the EU.

I'd suggest those are the people who are the threat to transport connections since, without any legal provision being made between the EU and UK, there is no legal framework for airlines to operate within.

Based on limited understanding and research ...

the “stopped flights” was a consequence of the uk not having a recognised aviation authority and so uk planes wouldn’t be approved as safe.

Eu airlines could probably still have flown in and out via Chicago convention.

Although maybe there’s an argument that says Eu planes wouldn’t be insured if they flew in airspace that wasn’t controlled by a recognised authority.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

a bit over the top with millions will lose there homes their jobs "

Millions will lose home and jobs you are off your head,even project fear does not go that far you need a reality tablet

a bit over the top with millions will lose there homes their jobs Millions will lose home and jobs you are off your head,even project fear does not go that far you need a reality tablet"

Perhaps Dianne Abbot came up with those figures, Labours favourite number cruncher!

a bit over the top with millions will lose there homes their jobs Millions will lose home and jobs you are off your head,even project fear does not go that far you need a reality tablet

Perhaps Dianne Abbot came up with those figures, Labours favourite number cruncher! "

Cause your lot are good at number crunching...did you look at your 2015 manifesto... complete joke!

Cannock

a bit over the top with millions will lose there homes their jobs Millions will lose home and jobs you are off your head,even project fear does not go that far you need a reality tablet

Perhaps Dianne Abbot came up with those figures, Labours favourite number cruncher!

Cause your lot are good at number crunching...did you look at your 2015 manifesto... complete joke!"

Who are you referring to when you say 'your lot'? The tories? I don't think you need reminding that the tories won the 2015 general election with a majority. If you're referring to ukip then Ukip's 2015 general election manifesto was the only one to be independently fully costed, by an independent body outside of the ukip sphere.

Cause your lot are good at number crunching...did you look at your 2015 manifesto... complete joke!

Who are you referring to when you say 'your lot'? The tories? I don't think you need reminding that the tories won the 2015 general election with a majority. If you're referring to ukip then Ukip's 2015 general election manifesto was the only one to be independently fully costed, by an independent body outside of the ukip sphere. "

I was obviously referring to ukip and you can have you read it?? Please show me the coatings cause it's hillariously naive?

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

Who are you referring to when you say 'your lot'? The tories? I don't think you need reminding that the tories won the 2015 general election with a majority. If you're referring to ukip then Ukip's 2015 general election manifesto was the only one to be independently fully costed, by an independent body outside of the ukip sphere. "

Actually, the Tory party is a minority government. This fact is currently causing a few complications.

You do apparently need reminding

UKIP are, obviously, a truly great political party. Professionally run with well thought out policies and some excellent external advisors who are sadly unable to join for "personal" reasons

Who are you referring to when you say 'your lot'? The tories? I don't think you need reminding that the tories won the 2015 general election with a majority. If you're referring to ukip then Ukip's 2015 general election manifesto was the only one to be independently fully costed, by an independent body outside of the ukip sphere.

Actually, the Tory party is a minority government. This fact is currently causing a few complications.

UKIP are, obviously, a truly great political party. Professionally run with well thought out policies and some excellent external advisors who are sadly unable to join for "personal" reasons "

Not to forget...some were personally by a late 80's tragedy.

in Lancashire

That the same ukip that had to repay over claimed expenses to the eu or was it some other fiddle they tried..

You know the one bankrolled by the dodgy Putins puppet banks, that ukip..?

I wasn't referring to the Tories, but the fact that you think popularity makes something correct doesn't surprise.

UKIP are, obviously, a truly great political party. Professionally run with well thought out policies and some excellent external advisors who are sadly unable to join for "personal" reasons "

Oh and their pledge to Tax high earners must be taken seriously..Because their leader at the time wouldn't do something like set up an off shore savings account to avoid tax.

Then Claim it was a mistake as he was didn't make enough money to need one.

Incidentally he was recently revealed to be the 6th highest earning MEP.

Cannock

I was obviously referring to ukip and you can have you read it?? Please show me the coatings cause it's hillariously naive?"

It wasn't 'obvious'. "Your lot" is an extremely vague term.

Cannock

You silly man.

We're talking about 2015 general election manifestos here, not 2017.

David Cameron won a majority for the tories in 2015.

Ukip's 2015 general election manifesto was fully costed, and also independently fully costed to boot, and Ukip got just over 4 million votes in the 2015 general election under the leadership of Nigel Farage with that manifesto.

I was obviously referring to ukip and you can have you read it?? Please show me the coatings cause it's hillariously naive?

It wasn't 'obvious'. "Your lot" is an extremely vague term. "

The Question was: Who do you want to be PM:

By Centaur_UKFind posts by Centaur_UK Man 3 weeks ago

Cannock

To answer your question OP then I'd pick Nigel Farage.

Cannock

That the same ukip that had to repay over claimed expenses to the eu or was it some other fiddle they tried..

You know the one bankrolled by the dodgy Putins puppet banks, that ukip..? "

Classic what aboutism. Of course no member of the Labour party or the Lib dems have ever fiddled their expenses or cheated the law either have they? Does ex Labour MP Jacqui Smith having porn films booked on her expenses ring any bells? Or Lib dem MP Chris Huhne telling lies about a speeding ticket, more recently Labour MP Fiona Onasanya also telling lies about a speeding ticket and being convicted of trying to pervert the course of justice.

Classic what aboutism. Of course no member of the Labour party or the Lib dems have ever fiddled their expenses or cheated the law either have they? Does ex Labour MP Jacqui Smith having porn films booked on her expenses ring any bells? Or Lib dem MP Chris Huhne telling lies about a speeding ticket, more recently Labour MP Fiona Onasanya also telling lies about a speeding ticket and being convicted of trying to pervert the course of justice. "

Why don't you include the Conservative party in that?

Cannock

Cannock

"

I voted for the Conservative party in the 2017 general election though. Besides, when you said 'your lot' earlier in the thread it wasn't in reply to one of my posts, you quoted someone else.

Cannock

I voted for the Conservative party in the 2017 general election though. Besides, when you said 'your lot' earlier in the thread it wasn't in reply to one of my posts, you quoted someone else. "

Why did you reply then?

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

UKIP are, obviously, a truly great political party. Professionally run with well thought out policies and some excellent external advisors who are sadly unable to join for "personal" reasons

You silly man.

We're talking about 2015 general election manifestos here, not 2017.

David Cameron won a majority for the tories in 2015.

Ukip's 2015 general election manifesto was fully costed, and also independently fully costed to boot, and Ukip got just over 4 million votes in the 2015 general election under the leadership of Nigel Farage with that manifests. "

True. I was being silly. Not paying close enough attention.

My mistake. The Tories did win a majority in 2015.

UKIP won one seat.

I understand that the CEBR did cost the manifesto except for the bit about leaving the EU.

Would that be true?

Cannock

Cannock

I voted for the Conservative party in the 2017 general election though. Besides, when you said 'your lot' earlier in the thread it wasn't in reply to one of my posts, you quoted someone else.

Why did you reply then? "

Because it wasn't clear who you were referring to when you said 'your lot' in reply to the other person. As I said 'your lot' is an extremely vague term. Could mean anyone really couldn't it.

Cannock

Why did you reply then?

Because it wasn't clear who you were referring to when you said 'your lot' in reply to the other person. As I said 'your lot' is an extremely vague term. Could mean anyone really couldn't it. "

So you are more ERG than UKIP?

Cannock

Classic what aboutism. Of course no member of the Labour party or the Lib dems have ever fiddled their expenses or cheated the law either have they? Does ex Labour MP Jacqui Smith having porn films booked on her expenses ring any bells? Or Lib dem MP Chris Huhne telling lies about a speeding ticket, more recently Labour MP Fiona Onasanya also telling lies about a speeding ticket and being convicted of trying to pervert the course of justice.

Why don't you include the Conservative party in that?"

No Conservatives have lied about speeding tickets have they?

Cannock

Why did you reply then?

Because it wasn't clear who you were referring to when you said 'your lot' in reply to the other person. As I said 'your lot' is an extremely vague term. Could mean anyone really couldn't it. "

Well it was actually Peacehaven who I replied to...A guy who has canvassed for UKIP.

Why don't you include the Conservative party in that?

No Conservatives have lied about speeding tickets have they? "

They save perjury for other crimes

" If you're referring to ukip then Ukip's 2015 general election manifesto was the only one to be independently fully costed, by an independent body outside of the ukip sphere. "

Migration Watch then

Cause your lot are good at number crunching...did you look at your 2015 manifesto... complete joke!"

My lot? Who do you mean by that??

I don’t support the LibLabCon at all, and not even UKIP in its current form. So, prey tell, who is my lot??

Widnes

I don’t support the LibLabCon at all, and not even UKIP in its current form. So, prey tell, who is my lot??"

The angry, threatening, bullying type maybe? The type that think it's OK to intimidate and threaten to beat people up if they won't go along with what they want, possibly.

By *ross-eyed MaryMan  over a year ago

Salisbury

I don’t support the LibLabCon at all, and not even UKIP in its current form. So, prey tell, who is my lot??

The angry, threatening, bullying type maybe? The type that think it's OK to intimidate and threaten to beat people up if they won't go along with what they want, possibly.

"

Well that narrows it down...

"

NEVER! - But I have fought back against those who attacked me and my mates because of what we believed. It didn’t matter whether we won the fighting or not, they had to know that we would always give as good as we got.

I remember once being on the pavement with my coat over my head, with four or five of them kicking me at once. Sometimes I laughed because they were often kicking each other by mistake. When there was only two of them I stood up and raised my fists, guess what they did? Yeah, they fucked off good and fast.

Violence happens in politics, it shouldn’t, but unfortunately it does...

NEVER! - But I have fought back against those who attacked me and my mates because of what we believed. It didn’t matter whether we won the fighting or not, they had to know that we would always give as good as we got.

I remember once being on the pavement with my coat over my head, with four or five of them kicking me at once. Sometimes I laughed because they were often kicking each other by mistake. When there was only two of them I stood up and raised my fists, guess what they did? Yeah, they fucked off good and fast.

Violence happens in politics, it shouldn’t, but unfortunately it does..."

Yeah a lot of people think it’s okay to “bash the fash”. It’s not.

As soon as you resort to violent means, it’s a clear sign that you’re no longer able to argue your point.

» Add a new message to this topic