FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Wetherspoon profits...

Wetherspoon profits...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Are down due to rising labour costs.

Does this mean they’ve taken on a lot more staff or wages are rising ?

He’s also very pro no deal, and cites Cambodia as an example of Eu protectionism. The funny thing here is they are part of everything but arms so have a one way tarrif free deal on almost everything. So I think this is simply”reinstating” wto on Cambodia rice.

Does anyone know how if we’re looking to replicate the EBA arrangements ? Or are we focusing on the larger bilateral trade deals.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

its because he was always a shit payer and he had to increases wages

By *oodmessMan  over a year ago

yumsville

We're never going to have no deal. The effects on our economy will be too great. There was a decent commentary when this all kicked off pre referendum about the potential for global recession should an economy like ours ever fall out of the the market place. Unless MP's are utterly self interested, I suspect they will take a balanced view and vote the deal through.

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

oh well its looking more and more likely china is about to take a dive.if that happens everywhere is fucked.will demote brexit way down the news

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"oh well its looking more and more likely china is about to take a dive.if that happens everywhere is fucked.will demote brexit way down the news"

The IMF see China and no deal brexit as the biggest risks to the world economy. We could be DP’d here !

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"oh well its looking more and more likely china is about to take a dive.if that happens everywhere is fucked.will demote brexit way down the news"

Thank Donald for that

#tradewarhero

By *anejohnkent6263Couple  over a year ago

canterbury

Oh blame the Don...for USA first ...maybe more countries could try and stand on there own feet ....

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

no need to thank donald.is gona be intresting when china start calling there debts in from most countrys in the world. you would think after the amount of times economys collapse they would realise the way buissness is done dont really work

"Oh blame the Don...for USA first ...maybe more countries could try and stand on there own feet ...."

You clearly have little comprehension on how the world trades.

Just to make it easier what Trump is doing is against WTO rules- yes he is citing national security but that's just fake news!

canterbury

Little comprehension....i do chuckle ....as u know it all

"Little comprehension....i do chuckle ....as u know it all "

Go on, enlighten us then.

By *rench letterCouple  over a year ago

Chorley,

He won't be making any profit from us as would not step foot in one of his pubs even if he was given the drinks away can't stand the bloke.

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

cheap beer and food whats not to like.

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

"He won't be making any profit from us as would not step foot in one of his pubs even if he was given the drinks away can't stand the bloke. "
do you think you guys would bump into him in your local weatherspoons like I’m not sure but I don’t think he puts a shift in behind the bar lol

By *rench letterCouple  over a year ago

Chorley,

"He won't be making any profit from us as would not step foot in one of his pubs even if he was given the drinks away can't stand the bloke. do you think you guys would bump into him in your local weatherspoons like I’m not sure but I don’t think he puts a shift in behind the bar lol"

VERY FUNNY NOT.

thornaby

"He won't be making any profit from us as would not step foot in one of his pubs even if he was given the drinks away can't stand the bloke. do you think you guys would bump into him in your local weatherspoons like I’m not sure but I don’t think he puts a shift in behind the bar lol

VERY FUNNY NOT. "

howay lighten up it’s the weekend guys lol

"cheap beer and food whats not to like. "

Just go into your local city centre of town centre, everywhere does a "weather spoons" style deal now. Depending on what you like you can pay £2-10 more for a evening meal and a few drinks

Personally though I prefer to pay around the same for better quality food and a bit less booze. But then again I'm fairly health conscious.

thornaby

Aw well that’s wee we are going wrong then we don’t tend to think about healthy choices when we are out on the town but we will have a good think about what you said tho lol

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"He won't be making any profit from us as would not step foot in one of his pubs even if he was given the drinks away can't stand the bloke. do you think you guys would bump into him in your local weatherspoons like I’m not sure but I don’t think he puts a shift in behind the bar lol"

We did in the local next to work, it was at the time fly infested and we raised it with him..

To be fair he did say it was being sorted..

Personally speaking I still disagree with him on brexit..

thornaby

"He won't be making any profit from us as would not step foot in one of his pubs even if he was given the drinks away can't stand the bloke. do you think you guys would bump into him in your local weatherspoons like I’m not sure but I don’t think he puts a shift in behind the bar lol

We did in the local next to work, it was at the time fly infested and we raised it with him..

Personally speaking I still disagree with him on brexit.. "

but that’s ok imagine the world if we all thought the same nothing wrong woth diffrent opinions but we’re do you draw the line I’m lot going in weatherspoons the owners head is huge not flying virgin Branson looks like a bee gee can’t fur Ryan air don’t like O’Leary he’s a cock We would all be sat at home drinking home brew lol

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

"He won't be making any profit from us as would not step foot in one of his pubs even if he was given the drinks away can't stand the bloke. "

Just as Superdry won't be making any more profit out of me after the Superdry owner publicly backed The People's Vote campaign for a 2nd referendum and gave them £1 million quid. I'll never buy any Superdry products ever again and would urge other leave voters and Brexit supporters to do the same.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Personally speaking I still disagree with him on brexit.. but that’s ok imagine the world if we all thought the same nothing wrong woth diffrent opinions but we’re do you draw the line I’m lot going in weatherspoons the owners head is huge not flying virgin Branson looks like a bee gee can’t fur Ryan air don’t like O’Leary he’s a cock We would all be sat at home drinking home brew lol"

That sort of attitude albeit with a minority does go across the board..

O'leary is a marmite sort of character, successful yes but some proper iffy attitudes towards staff and the public who are his customers..

"He won't be making any profit from us as would not step foot in one of his pubs even if he was given the drinks away can't stand the bloke.

Just as Superdry won't be making any more profit out of me after the Superdry owner publicly backed The People's Vote campaign for a 2nd referendum and gave them £1 million quid. I'll never buy any Superdry products ever again and would urge other leave voters and Brexit supporters to do the same. "

While I completely disagree with everything you say as the Centaur character...

This is excellent way to promote change. I don’t give business to any companies who support hate via advertising in the sun, daily mail etc. There’s a great organisation, stop funding hate.

Personal boycott of products is great. As us supporting businesses you believe in. I wouldn’t drink in a shit hole weatherspoons for a million pounds.

If you want to boycott liberal or kind businesses that’s a valid protest. I can give you a long list of good businesses you won’t like. Patagonia do a lot of good work. You should avoid them too.

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

ARE you a pants-wetting Remoaner who’s worried about no-deal Brexit? Here Wetherspoons regular Norman Steele answers your questions at 10am with a pint.

Should I be worried about food shortages?

Fuck off. We’ll grow our own food. All you need is soil and seeds, and male animals and lady animals. I wish Remoaners would stop overcomplicating things.

If there’s a short-term problem – which there won’t be – we can always do a Dunkirk and get our brave ‘little ships’ to go to a supermarket in Calais. I’m getting ch*ked up just thinking about it.

Could there be civil unrest?

There will be if May’s traitor’s deal goes through. Me, Brian and Dave have agreed to make petrol bombs and do a riot. This is in no way bullshit pisshead bravado caused by 11 pints in Spoons.

Are we heading for an economic disaster? It certainly looks like it.

Project Fear 3.0, mate. Sony may be fucking off but we’ll just make better tellies. They’ll probably be totally interactive so you can shag Keeley Hawes in Bodyguard.

Should I start stockpiling medicines I need?

Nah. We’re a plucky, ‘can do’ nation. Make your own medicines from whatever you’ve got in the house. A few aspirins here, a bit of Benylin there. If you’re still feeling peaky have a few pints in Spoons.

In any case, we survived the war. Missing a few heart attack pills is nothing to this bulldog race who laughed in the face of U-boat attacks.

Why do you keep irrelevantly and offensively mentioning the war?

Because it’s the finest moment in our proud island history. Also I don’t know any other history because the kings-and-queens rubbish on History channel hasn’t got tanks or the SS.

No, seriously, what if I lose my job?

What’s the problem? More time to spend in Spoons

canterbury

Love it ...yes in spoons with mothers drinking cider at 9am with there other 3 kids running around pissing people off...bit hey it's cheap drink and cheap food ...well done Mr Martin..u spotted the market and made a fortune ...top bizz

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

"its because he was always a shit payer and he had to increases wages "

After a few days away, I return home to discover a way he could save money.

In amongst the pile of junk mail behind the letterbox is 48-page colour magazine called Wetherspoonnews.

You won't be surprised to discover it is a pub political broadcast for a hard brexit.

Its now in the recycling bucket where it belongs.

» Add a new message to this topic