FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Is Trump..

Is Trump..

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ouple in Lancashire OP   Couple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

About to blink on the shutdown..?

NYT suggesting he will agree to a 3 week consultation on various aspects of the border security and will end the shut down to facilitate it..

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

Don’t know. Can you ask an easier question?

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

just watched the trump 30 minute presser.... he is the first person who has ever tried to take a victory lap for getting absolutely nothing of which he asked for and having the climbdown in the most spectactular fashion....

nancy basically ripped him a new one!

in Lancashire

"just watched the trump 30 minute presser.... he is the first person who has ever tried to take a victory lap for getting absolutely nothing of which he asked for and having the climbdown in the most spectactular fashion....

nancy basically ripped him a new one!"

Got to laugh at his 'well I could have done such and such'..

Yeah but you didn't numb nuts..

in Lancashire

"Don’t know. Can you ask an easier question?

"

Err OK..

Will the likes of Mogg and Boris ever stop talking complete tripe..?

Newcastle and Gateshead

oh boy... ann coulter is ripping trump a new one on twitter at the moment... his ultra right wing base is NOT happy right now!!

have to say loving every single minute at the mo!!!

in Lancashire

"oh boy... ann coulter is ripping trump a new one on twitter at the moment... his ultra right wing base is NOT happy right now!!

have to say loving every single minute at the mo!!! "

As basket cases go she is up there..

Newcastle and Gateshead

so basically trump caved, did not get a single penny extra than was in the original CR bill that was voted thru by the senate in december,...

pelosi basically owned him

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

"so basically trump caved, did not get a single penny extra than was in the original CR bill that was voted thru by the senate in december,...

pelosi basically owned him"

Which means there will be a temper tantrum and some nasty, vindictive act if revenge.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"so basically trump caved, did not get a single penny extra than was in the original CR bill that was voted thru by the senate in december,...

Well he did get the record for the longest shutdown in history. "way to go" trump

On a serious note, i would have thought he'd end it earlier, then declare a national emergency to release the 3. Odd billion

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

pelosi basically owned him

Well he did get the record for the longest shutdown in history. "way to go" trump

On a serious note, i would have thought he'd end it earlier, then declare a national emergency to release the 3. Odd billion

"

It's a difficult to sell as an emergency when illegal immigration has been falling for years...

But why was there a shutdown in the first place?

Everybody knows that Mexico was going to pay for the wall - he told us so many times "Mexico is going to pay for the wall!"

I wonder how quick the ulta-weird lot on the fringes of his movement start going on about how the globalists stopped him, or bought him off.

I'm not big on US politics but was there any compromise between the president and the democrats on the funding for a border wall?.

pelosi basically owned him.

I'm not big on US politics but was there any compromise between the president and the democrats on the funding for a border wall?."

Not that I've heard, which is why it's funny he tried to spin it in his speech as they have "come to a deal".

in Lancashire

I'm not big on US politics but was there any compromise between the president and the democrats on the funding for a border wall?.

Not that I've heard, which is why it's funny he tried to spin it in his speech as they have "come to a deal"."

And is now spinning there was no compromise on his behalf and he will be back, the negative impacts spreading out beyond those not paid into tourism, affecting other none related businesses and the possible downturn in gdp are all at his door..

Newcastle and Gateshead

I'm not big on US politics but was there any compromise between the president and the democrats on the funding for a border wall?."

in the original CR that was passed in a bi-partisan deal proposed by the senate there was an extra 1.6 billion dollars in it for "border security"... no one quibbled about the amount until trumps right wing talk radio base went ape because there was zero money specifically for the wall (funny enough.... zero money over the last 2 yrs when republicans controlled both the house and the senate!) and they when trump who originally said he was going to sign it, then decided he wasn't!

he wanted 5.7 billion specifically for the wall.... dems said not a penny for your wall, but we will give an extra billion for border security (upping the amount to 2.6 billion) trump said no.....

so when trump caved yesterday... it was the original CR that was passed......

in the original CR that was passed in a bi-partisan deal proposed by the senate there was an extra 1.6 billion dollars in it for "border security"... no one quibbled about the amount until trumps right wing talk radio base went ape because there was zero money specifically for the wall (funny enough.... zero money over the last 2 yrs when republicans controlled both the house and the senate!) and they when trump who originally said he was going to sign it, then decided he wasn't!

he wanted 5.7 billion specifically for the wall.... dems said not a penny for your wall, but we will give an extra billion for border security (upping the amount to 2.6 billion) trump said no.....

so when trump caved yesterday... it was the original CR that was passed......"

FFS how many times do you have to be told?

Mexico is going to pay for the wall!!!

[Removed by poster at 26/01/19 17:08:59]

I dunno but I can't help looking at Jacob in his never ending blue and white striped shirts and thinking to myself ........ "Butcher"

so when trump caved yesterday... it was the original CR that was passed......"

That's interesting, I read that he'd extended a deal with the democrats over DACA but they still wouldn't budge!.

I'm kinda glad he's backed down, I don't think America needs the drama of this right now.

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

That's interesting, I read that he'd extended a deal with the democrats over DACA but they still wouldn't budge!.

I'm kinda glad he's backed down, I don't think America needs the drama of this right now."

nope... what he basically offered was a 3 yr reprieve for DACA (dreamers) and TPS recipiants... also in the back of the plan was also a cut in legal immigration....

even the fanatical right didn't like it, and he pointed out that it was a not a route in permanent status for these people.....

"

I'm kinda glad he's backed down, I don't think America needs the drama of this right now.

nope... what he basically offered was a 3 yr reprieve for DACA (dreamers) and TPS recipiants... also in the back of the plan was also a cut in legal immigration....

even the fanatical right didn't like it, and he pointed out that it was a not a route in permanent status for these people....."

Oh so he did offer the democrats something? Why did he have to put a cut in legal immigration in the back of the plan, What wrong with that idea?.

» Add a new message to this topic