FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > EU crumbling

EU crumbling

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ovelifelovefuntimes OP   Man  over a year ago

Where ever I lay my hat

France has withdrawn its ambassador from Italy, the last time this was done Mussolini was in power. Are the cracks starting to become gaping chasms?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

Just watching on Spanish news they are complaining about queues at the border too.

Where ever I lay my hat

All feels a little bit like a house of cards at the moment. Wouldn't it be great if those at the top of the EU stopped with their grandiose philosophical ambitions for just a moment and looked at focussing on a free trade area with free movement of people without seeking ever increasing federalisation.

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

"France has withdrawn its ambassador from Italy, the last time this was done Mussolini was in power. Are the cracks starting to become gaping chasms?"

Italian populist leader of the coalition Salvini said he stands with and supports the Yellow vests and they should remove Macron.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"France has withdrawn its ambassador from Italy, the last time this was done Mussolini was in power. Are the cracks starting to become gaping chasms?

Italian populist leader of the coalition Salvini said he stands with and supports the Yellow vests and they should remove Macron. "

Are leaders of other countries allowed to put their 2c in ? Iirc Obama was slated ....

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"All feels a little bit like a house of cards at the moment. Wouldn't it be great if those at the top of the EU stopped with their grandiose philosophical ambitions for just a moment and looked at focussing on a free trade area with free movement of people without seeking ever increasing federalisation."
I am so for this 100%

Where ever I lay my hat

"France has withdrawn its ambassador from Italy, the last time this was done Mussolini was in power. Are the cracks starting to become gaping chasms?

Italian populist leader of the coalition Salvini said he stands with and supports the Yellow vests and they should remove Macron. "

So much for the 27 standing shoulder to shoulder

By *laytimenowMan  over a year ago

Essex

Seems to be ok to put your 2penneth worth in if there is oil

available

Venezuela anybody?

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

I seem to recall you telling the president of the US to butt out of British politics.

Macron is doing the same to the Italians.

Cannock

Italian populist leader of the coalition Salvini said he stands with and supports the Yellow vests and they should remove Macron.

Are leaders of other countries allowed to put their 2c in ? Iirc Obama was slated ...."

Obama got payback for sticking his nose in our EU referendum, when Nigel Farage went over to the USA to help Trump on his campaign for President. Obama learned the hard way, payback is a bitch.

France stuck it's nose in Italian affairs when they told former Italian leader Berlusconi to resign over the Eurozone crisis. Now France is about to learn payback is a bitch as well.

"Seems to be ok to put your 2penneth worth in if there is oil

available

Venezuela anybody?"

We all know the hypocrisy is of epic proportions..

By *otlovefun42Couple  over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

"France has withdrawn its ambassador from Italy, the last time this was done Mussolini was in power. Are the cracks starting to become gaping chasms?"

You mean Macron has actually come out from hiding behind the sofa?

Quick, tell the yellow vests.

By *anejohnkent6263Couple  over a year ago

canterbury

Macron is dead in water ...watch the eu start to crumble...still Germany will soon stand alone ...and fall into recession..then the German people will realise what a pup the eu in its current form is

near ipswich

I think the coming eu election will tell us everything watch out for a lot of anti eu candidates.

"I think the coming eu election will tell us everything watch out for a lot of anti eu candidates."

Sadly I agree, we haven’t yet reached the peak of the rise of the far right in Europe. Last time this happened, it did not end well.

"I think the coming eu election will tell us everything watch out for a lot of anti eu candidates.

Sadly I agree, we haven’t yet reached the peak of the rise of the far right in Europe. Last time this happened, it did not end well. "

It will probably all blow over soon enough but in the meantime let those who choose to do so masturbate furiously while it lasts

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

UKIP and their supporters seem to be ecstatic that they may have been the catalyst that started WW3 and ended humanity.

Well done Farage, I hope before the rest of Europe suffers the fallout of your xenophobia that that you get personally introduced to the 'blood hawk'.

Cannock

"I think the coming eu election will tell us everything watch out for a lot of anti eu candidates."

I've been saying for months on here the upcoming MEP elections will see a majority of Eurosceptic MEP's elected into the European Parliament for the first time in its history. That's why the EU now want the UK out before May because the last thing they need is a shed load more ukip MEP's and Nigel Farage and his new Brexit party elected again and representing the UK in the European Parliament.

[Removed by poster at 08/02/19 06:13:25]

Can we have a timeline for this EU melt down and economic collapse from our resident mystic megs in the forum.

They have a history of talking through and out their sphincter in here.

1 year, 2 years, 5 years a decade..?

Let's book mark this thread to see who's a brexit lemon...In the mean time enjoy the circle jerk

near ipswich

"UKIP and their supporters seem to be ecstatic that they may have been the catalyst that started WW3 and ended humanity.

Well done Farage, I hope before the rest of Europe suffers the fallout of your xenophobia that that you get personally introduced to the 'blood hawk'."

A bit dramatic don't you think? Ww3 because we dare to leave the eu next you will be telling us the world is going to end.

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

"A bit dramatic don't you think? Ww3 because we dare to leave the eu next you will be telling us the world is going to end. "

You think...

What happened when Yugoslavia sundered? What happened when Sudan split? What happened when Vietnam, Korea and India were partitioned?

Why do you think that the same will not happen now? Have you been listening to the bile being spewed forth by the brexit leaders and their die-hard followers? Are you really that blind to the hate that is being engendered by hard line brexit leaders in their followers? Or are you willfully ignoring what is happening in front of you?

What has happened every time 2 or more Northern European countries have gone to war with each other? Why would this time be any different?

Now do you still think I am being dramatic or melodramatic? Just a rhetorical question, no need to answer but maybe a little food for thought.

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

Don't worry, Will - the Brexiteers insist it is NATO that does a first-class job in keeping the peace between countries in Europe.

near ipswich

"A bit dramatic don't you think? Ww3 because we dare to leave the eu next you will be telling us the world is going to end.

You think...

What happened when Yugoslavia sundered? What happened when Sudan split? What happened when Vietnam, Korea and India were partitioned?

Why do you think that the same will not happen now? Have you been listening to the bile being spewed forth by the brexit leaders and their die-hard followers? Are you really that blind to the hate that is being engendered by hard line brexit leaders in their followers? Or are you willfully ignoring what is happening in front of you?

What has happened every time 2 or more Northern European countries have gone to war with each other? Why would this time be any different?

Now do you still think I am being dramatic or melodramatic? Just a rhetorical question, no need to answer but maybe a little food for thought."

yes I do, for fuck sake get a grip man you will drive yourself to an early grave.

"A bit dramatic don't you think? Ww3 because we dare to leave the eu next you will be telling us the world is going to end.

You think...

Now do you still think I am being dramatic or melodramatic? Just a rhetorical question, no need to answer but maybe a little food for thought.yes I do, for fuck sake get a grip man you will drive yourself to an early grave."

Yeah come on dude, stop contemplating reality. It’s much safer to bury your head in the sand

By *anejohnkent6263Couple  over a year ago

canterbury

Blimey we have some drama queens in this forum ....now because u voted leave ..

Ww3 is going to break out ...who do u think u are kidding Mr Yanker and co

Cannock

You think...

Now do you still think I am being dramatic or melodramatic? Just a rhetorical question, no need to answer but maybe a little food for thought."

I think you're engaging in the same ludicrous scaremongering about war that David Cameron engaged in during the referendum campaign in 2016, seems like history repeating itself in many ways with the claims remoaners made then and the crap they come out with now. David Cameron was becoming desperate when he made those ridiculous claims in 2016 and it's a sign how desperate remoaners like you are becoming now. As for politicians spewing out bile then you need to take a look at Donald Tusk telling brexiteers they have a special place in Hell, and then Guy Verhofstadt saying Hell is too good for them, they deserve something far worse. It seems you really are blind to the hate that is being engendered by hard line Europhile leaders in the EU in their followers. Or are you willfully ignoring what is happening in front of you. I would echo Costa in saying you really need to get a grip.

Cannock

"Don't worry, Will - the Brexiteers insist it is NATO that does a first-class job in keeping the peace between countries in Europe.

"

Nato does and it will continue to do so. It's the EU and it's institutions, the undemocratic nature of it and it's many failings which is a destabilising factor in Europe. In the face of everything the EU still refuses point blank to reform in any kind of meaningful way, which is what people all over Europe are crying out for. The whole of Europe will be better off when it is consigned to the dustbin of history where it belongs. The EU in itself is toxic.

Costa Blanca Spain...

"Don't worry, Will - the Brexiteers insist it is NATO that does a first-class job in keeping the peace between countries in Europe.

Nato does and it will continue to do so. It's the EU and it's institutions, the undemocratic nature of it and it's many failings which is a destabilising factor in Europe. In the face of everything the EU still refuses point blank to reform in any kind of meaningful way, which is what people all over Europe are crying out for. The whole of Europe will be better off when it is consigned to the dustbin of history where it belongs. The EU in itself is toxic. "

And there is the whole problem in a nutshell.

The EU in its current form is toxic to the point of being fatally so.

I've always been a slightly reluctant Brexiter. I would much prefer Britain (and the rest of Europe) to be in a customs zone, free trade area, common market, call it what you will.

However what it doesn't need is full political union, ever closer union as Brussels likes to put it. But make no mistake, a united states of Europe is the ultimate goal and anyone who says otherwise is a fool or a liar.

It doesn't (or wouldn't) need over 30,000 bureaucrats, it doesn't (or wouldn't) need 3 presidents, or 2 parliaments, and it certainly doesn't (or wouldn't) need over 100 billion a year budget.

Get back to basics, get back to the old EEC and I would fully support it.

However the current direction of this EU is something I would NEVER support, no matter what the cost.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Nato does and it will continue to do so. It's the EU and it's institutions, the undemocratic nature of it and it's many failings which is a destabilising factor in Europe. In the face of everything the EU still refuses point blank to reform in any kind of meaningful way, which is what people all over Europe are crying out for. The whole of Europe will be better off when it is consigned to the dustbin of history where it belongs. The EU in itself is toxic.

I've always been a slightly reluctant Brexiter. I would much prefer Britain (and the rest of Europe) to be in a customs zone, free trade area, common market, call it what you will.

However what it doesn't need is full political union, ever closer union as Brussels likes to put it. But make no mistake, a united states of Europe is the ultimate goal and anyone who says otherwise is a fool or a liar.

It doesn't (or wouldn't) need over 30,000 bureaucrats, it doesn't (or wouldn't) need 3 presidents, or 2 parliaments, and it certainly doesn't (or wouldn't) need over 100 billion a year budget.

However the current direction of this EU is something I would NEVER support, no matter what the cost."

Got to say I agree with a lot of this but in taking the path we have but still maintaining many aspects of what we currently have are we not in danger of cutting our nose off to spite our face?

We will give up the veto and any opportunity to influence how it's going, we are still well were looked up to by other countries within but once outside the tent we will have less of a say in how it goes..

Costa Blanca Spain...

However the current direction of this EU is something I would NEVER support, no matter what the cost.

Got to say I agree with a lot of this but in taking the path we have but still maintaining many aspects of what we currently have are we not in danger of cutting our nose off to spite our face?

We will give up the veto and any opportunity to influence how it's going, we are still well were looked up to by other countries within but once outside the tent we will have less of a say in how it goes.. "

I wouldn't say that Britain is cutting it's nose off to spite its face. More like lancing a bloody great boil on its arse.

As for influence, we've had over 40 years of influence but still the federal Juggernaut charges ahead.

The conclusion can only be one of two things either British politicians have had no influence or, as I think, have been complicit.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

I think that we have only ever pretended to be in it, yes we've contributed financially etc but certainly the tories have never fully engaged and tried to shape it..

Their core base has played some part but I think their has and still is an element of hankering for the bygone days of empire when little Johnny foreigner was looked down upon..

By *laytimenowMan  over a year ago

Essex

The only reason the EU would ever crumble 8s by not being able to compete in buisness finacailly

With the biggest econmy markets going.

Not the 5th biggest, but the top 4 specifically & all others in the top 10 .

The bigger the EU gets the more dominant in the world it w8ll become .

If the UK is not in it, i really dont see jow it will ever compete globally.

By *ykmwyldTV/TS  over a year ago

Belpre

It's in the UK best interest to leave the EU at this time, other countries will follow as well. Sure, it's going to hurt some, just like any breakup, but the UK people are very strong, and they need to be able to govern themselves. They definitely don't need the EU dictating trade terms for them, or anything else for that matter.

Besides, its been clear since the beginning, the US didn't join the EU, the US was never going to let the EU get to powerful anyway because it's not in the US best interest, which means it's not going to happen.

The US will always watch out for the UK, that you can be sure of. It will be even better for the UK and the US once trump and his family are taken out of power.

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

" It's in the UK best interest to leave the EU at this time, other countries will follow as well. Sure, it's going to hurt some, just like any breakup, but the UK people are very strong, and they need to be able to govern themselves. They definitely don't need the EU dictating trade terms for them, or anything else for that matter.

Besides, its been clear since the beginning, the US didn't join the EU, the US was never going to let the EU get to powerful anyway because it's not in the US best interest, which means it's not going to happen.

The US will always watch out for the UK, that you can be sure of. It will be even better for the UK and the US once trump and his family are taken out of power.

"

Who will it hurt? How much will they lose? How long will it last?

Of you don't have a clue why pretend it will be fine?

What trade terms has the EU "dictated" to us over the last 40 years that you object to?

So you are happy with the UK being the US poodle and don't actually want our country to play a part in the world as a leader of the EU?

What a patriot

Cannock

" It's in the UK best interest to leave the EU at this time, other countries will follow as well. Sure, it's going to hurt some, just like any breakup, but the UK people are very strong, and they need to be able to govern themselves. They definitely don't need the EU dictating trade terms for them, or anything else for that matter.

What trade terms has the EU "dictated" to us over the last 40 years that you object to?

So you are happy with the UK being the US poodle and don't actually want our country to play a part in the world as a leader of the EU?

What a patriot "

The UK playing a part as a leader in the EU??? What happened to remainers claim then that all member states in the EU are equal?

By that very definition if they are all equal there are no leaders, lol.

You contradict yourself so often on here its hard to keep track.

The reality is the UK is a poodle of Brussels while we remain in the EU. It's odd that you're happy to be a poodle of Brussels but not a poodle of the USA.

What a patriot you are

What a patriot

The UK playing a part as a leader in the EU??? What happened to remainers claim then that all member states in the EU are equal?

The reality is the UK is a poodle of Brussels while we remain in the EU. It's odd that you're happy to be a poodle of Brussels but not a poodle of the USA.

What a patriot you are "

Whereas the leaver contradiction is we are a poodle who is bullied by the mean ol EU. Yet we’re gonna be able to boss future FTA negotiations.

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

What a patriot

What a patriot you are "

Nobody has said all states are equal.

You do have form on making things up to get one of your micro victories

What have we forced to do over the course of forty years that's? made us the puddle of Brussels?

If we can be bullied by them what's going to suddenly make us so tough with everyone else?

You want to be a US client state rather than a major power in the EU then?

#Brexitwin

Cannock

What a patriot

What a patriot you are

Nobody has said all states are equal.

You do have form on making things up to get one of your micro victories

What have we forced to do over the course of forty years that's? made us the puddle of Brussels?

If we can be bullied by them what's going to suddenly make us so tough with everyone else?

You want to be a US client state rather than a major power in the EU then?

#Brexitwin "

Don't play dumb (unless you actually are dumb?) Remainers are always trotting out the line that all member states are equal in the EU. When ever it's suggested that Germany or France hold the balance of power between them in the EU its the bog standard cut and paste reply and virtually guaranteed some Remainer will come along and say "all member states are equal".

You're making yourself look foolish now pretending otherwise.

By *naqMan  over a year ago

Ayrshire

Hey Centy turns out i actually did put water in her bowl, Oh silly me i've got a memory like the avergae Tory supporter. I think "those remoaners" addressed this issue during the week while you were M.I.A mate.

Cannock

"Hey Centy turns out i actually did put water in her bowl, Oh silly me i've got a memory like the avergae Tory supporter. I think "those remoaners" addressed this issue during the week while you were M.I.A mate. "

I think you've got a memory like your average Alzheimers patient as I've not been M.I.A from anywhere.

You think...

Now do you still think I am being dramatic or melodramatic? Just a rhetorical question, no need to answer but maybe a little food for thought.

yes I do, for fuck sake get a grip man you will drive yourself to an early grave."

By *heislanderMan  over a year ago

cheshunt

"Hey Centy turns out i actually did put water in her bowl, Oh silly me i've got a memory like the avergae Tory supporter. I think "those remoaners" addressed this issue during the week while you were M.I.A mate. "

“like the avergae Tory supporter.” Its “average” but predictive text can be a pain at this early hour.

Generalizations are easy to make and don't take much brain effort which reflect the limitations of a person's intellect and how simplistically they view the world.

Ayrshire

Why are their so many Centy sized gaps in the other threads where you said silly and were corrected by other people off you popped to a pro brexit thread and repeated the exact same guff at that point i took a keen interest and thought best keep an eye out for this comedy gold watching you trip up over your feet with the worst responses ive ever heard between you on here and TM sweating her way through PMQ's my sides are splitting.

Cannock

"Why are their so many Centy sized gaps in the other threads where you said silly and were corrected by other people off you popped to a pro brexit thread and repeated the exact same guff at that point i took a keen interest and thought best keep an eye out for this comedy gold watching you trip up over your feet with the worst responses ive ever heard between you on here and TM sweating her way through PMQ's my sides are splitting."

Glad it's keeping you entertained. I'll try not to laugh too much when Alex Salmond gets sent down for a stretch after his court case. Be sure to remind him not to drop the soap in the shower won't you

In the meantime Jimmy Krankie's frequent appearances in the Scottish Parliament will keep me entertained.

Ayrshire

Also UKIP as in Tommy Robinson and Cameron's Castaways? Those jump ship "ex" tories you mean? Come on Centy your caught quoting Bbc soundbytes almost daily the walls are closing in for you mate and it's beautiful to watch i tried for a good while to actually be civil when making points on the thread but after your "either your trying to sound dumb or you actually are dumb" school yard comebacks i figure it's easier calling a cunt a cunt seems like best way forward as your approach to use the single sentence reply of "that's false project fear you're dumb" makes for a pretty boring read.

Ayrshire

"Why are their so many Centy sized gaps in the other threads where you said silly and were corrected by other people off you popped to a pro brexit thread and repeated the exact same guff at that point i took a keen interest and thought best keep an eye out for this comedy gold watching you trip up over your feet with the worst responses ive ever heard between you on here and TM sweating her way through PMQ's my sides are splitting.

Glad it's keeping you entertained. I'll try not to laugh too much when Alex Salmond gets sent down for a stretch after his court case. Be sure to remind him not to drop the soap in the shower won't you

In the meantime Jimmy Krankie's frequent appearances in the Scottish Parliament will keep me entertained. "

I'll keep a look out on the news for you, Tommy and the boys running those pesky muslim *ape gangs outta the country like some half arsed scooby doo-esque white knight power to the people crime fighting super group. Maybe Tommy can give big Eck some tips on tossing salad on the inside What do you prefer jam or syrup?

I think Tommy started on jam but with time and experience finally settled on syrup.

Cannock

"Also UKIP as in Tommy Robinson and Cameron's Castaways? Those jump ship "ex" tories you mean? Come on Centy your caught quoting Bbc soundbytes almost daily the walls are closing in for you mate and it's beautiful to watch i tried for a good while to actually be civil when making points on the thread but after your "either your trying to sound dumb or you actually are dumb" school yard comebacks i figure it's easier calling a cunt a cunt seems like best way forward as your approach to use the single sentence reply of "that's false project fear you're dumb" makes for a pretty boring read. "

The BBC Is heavily remain biased so not sure how you worked that one out genius. The walls are not closing in on me at all, Leave won the referendum and we're leaving the EU on the 29th March, and I'm very happy about it, overjoyed in fact Not long to go now only 2 short months. It's remoaners like you who are becoming increasingly desperate as the March 29th deadline gets ever closer with each passing day. What was it Michel Barnier said? Oh yeah, the clock is ticking, tick, tock, tick, tock.....

Cannock

"Why are their so many Centy sized gaps in the other threads where you said silly and were corrected by other people off you popped to a pro brexit thread and repeated the exact same guff at that point i took a keen interest and thought best keep an eye out for this comedy gold watching you trip up over your feet with the worst responses ive ever heard between you on here and TM sweating her way through PMQ's my sides are splitting.

In the meantime Jimmy Krankie's frequent appearances in the Scottish Parliament will keep me entertained.

I'll keep a look out on the news for you, Tommy and the boys running those pesky muslim *ape gangs outta the country like some half arsed scooby doo-esque white knight power to the people crime fighting super group. Maybe Tommy can give big Eck some tips on tossing salad on the inside What do you prefer jam or syrup?

I think Tommy started on jam but with time and experience finally settled on syrup."

You're not too good at taking in information are you. I said I voted ukip from the early 2000's to 2016. Now if you're able to follow time line of events you'll realise Tommy Robinson joined after that period. It's was Nigel Farage's ukip that I supported.

Ayrshire

Did you miss the part about "Just call me Dave's" little jump ship plague infested rats joining you and the other alt right cave men? Oah wait a minute let's throw deputy prime minister under Cameron Mr Clegg the leader of UKIP in to the mix aswell

Ayrshire

Or his new 15 million a year global communications position at Facebook? Sleazy crooked fucks the lot of them

Cannock

"Did you miss the part about "Just call me Dave's" little jump ship plague infested rats joining you and the other alt right cave men? Oah wait a minute let's throw deputy prime minister under Cameron Mr Clegg the leader of UKIP in to the mix aswell"

It would help if you used full stops now and again to make what you write decipherable. Can't really understand your incoherent rambling in that post. But as you seem like a proud Scot who wants to talk about ukip, it was very good of Scotland to elect a Scottish ukip MEP in the last European MEP elections in 2014 which ukip won.

Ayrshire

Nice tactic matey ignore the statement and the question, slate the opposition now refuse to answer anything based on said insult, and finally end with your own question referencing the sane party and lumping "the scots" together as UKIP supporters. Your wee ukip poster boy forces out yet another party member their goes David Coburn. You love to throw your own figures at every argument to be swiftly called out for talking crap

Cannock

"Nice tactic matey ignore the statement and the question, slate the opposition now refuse to answer anything based on said insult, and finally end with your own question referencing the sane party and lumping "the scots" together as UKIP supporters. Your wee ukip poster boy forces out yet another party member their goes David Coburn. You love to throw your own figures at every argument to be swiftly called out for talking crap "

What was your question? As I didn't see you put a question mark at the end of any of your sentences? I couldn't even make out the sentences to be fair as you don't use full stops either.

Also I wasn't asking you a question about the Scottish ukip MEP as I didn't put a question mark at the end of my post. I was merely making a statement about it.

Ayrshire

Oh ffs Centy really? This is pretty much your lowest point on Fab matey. Grow a set and own your BS just once please it would actually give you some credibility. Is this is the depths we're at where punctuality trumps fact in the bold brexit debate i'm gonna go back to feeding your Maw from her bowl.

Cannock

"Oh ffs Centy really? This is pretty much your lowest point on Fab matey. Grow a set and own your BS just once please it would actually give you some credibility. Is this is the depths we're at where punctuality trumps fact in the bold brexit debate i'm gonna go back to feeding your Maw from her bowl. "

Oh you actually managed to use a question mark and a couple of full stops in that post. See its not that difficult if you try. Well done.

Ayrshire

Night auld yin

» Add a new message to this topic