FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Nearing 8 billion humans

Nearing 8 billion humans

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Plants, animals and insects we rely on for food production are in danger, the answer scientists say is developing new ways to produce food. Does thst mean putting less reliance on nature, so it's then ok to kill off the forna and flora of the world?

Why aren't we be looking at birth control methods?

The Chinese did that with 1 child policy and the world berated them, but why? Do we need 8 billion and rising humans on the planet ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

Is it an isane sense of entitlement we have?

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

It is a very valid question.

It took the species 100,000 years to reach 1 billion (around 1800).

It has taken the species 200 years to reach 8 billion.

We are eradicating other species and life-forms in the process.

Disease and/or war is usually the only way to cull our numbers.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Population isn't the problem it is consumerism and lifestyle choices.

It has been estimated that if everyone on earth consumed the same amount as the average US citizen four planet earths would be needed to sustain us.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Quick zombie apocalypse or plague will sort that out.

God I’m bored today.

Led a debate recently for some undergrads and masters students, all doing a stem or earth science subject.

General consensus is that we need to push for greater green infrastructure on the national Al level, this includes mass standardisation or electric car charging stations, and a distribution scheme to create a "charge point map". Never mind the whole; create a viable diverse energy economy which is carbon neutral.

Next issue is to convince people on the individual level to push for more efficient public transport networks in urban areas, and convince more people to incorporate a few meat free days into their diet.

"Led a debate recently for some undergrads and masters students, all doing a stem or earth science subject.

General consensus is that we need to push for greater green infrastructure on the national Al level, this includes mass standardisation or electric car charging stations, and a distribution scheme to create a "charge point map". Never mind the whole; create a viable diverse energy economy which is carbon neutral.

Next issue is to convince people on the individual level to push for more efficient public transport networks in urban areas, and convince more people to incorporate a few meat free days into their diet."

It's an uphill struggle to educate on climate change when you have people like trump.

Trump has appointed a climate change denier onto a panel on climate change security this week.

In 2014, he compared the vilification of CO2 to the Holocaust, saying, “The demonization of carbon dioxide is just like the demonization of the poor Jews under Hitler. Carbon dioxide is actually a benefit to the world, and so were the Jews."

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

way i look at it the more the population rises the closer we get to the tipping point of our species dissapearing.either that or mother nature will fuck us all off wen we push her to far

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

The world could support the population, if some changes were made.

The ecological and global warming pending disasters are inconvenient for many in power and the wealthy who prefer to continue as now.

Look at May and Trump as 2 examples of leaders who do not care about this enough to do anything at all. They should be ashamed of themselves.

War looms inevitably over productive farm land

"War looms inevitably over productive farm land "

Famine and desertification he already contributed to conflict in Africa, Syria, and other places. It’s only going to get worse. Exasperating migration issues along the way too.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Nature and or war will sort the problem,man is not as smart as he thinks.

Yes there are to many people and it cannot go on.

By *rincessvenusCouple  over a year ago

Hull

hmmm glad iver got a big alotment plenty of room for food stuff

By *rincessvenusCouple  over a year ago

Hull

were all doooomed i tell you mr manwaring

I read today if cargo ships were a country they would be the 6th highest CO2 emitters behind Japan..

They should be electric and covered in solar panels.

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Newbury

I think that although we can sustain the current population, I'm not sure if we should. The last thing the planet needs is a massive population of humans.

However, I'm really not a fan of killing people off, so we'd have to actually take responsibility for our birth rate (Which won't happen whilst the mantra is having constant economic growth).

The problem of endless growth on a planet with finite resources will have to be addressed or a complete collapse of the ecosystem will create a collapse of civilisation as we know it,

Either way a reckoning will occur.

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

"I read today if cargo ships were a country they would be the 6th highest CO2 emitters behind Japan..

They should be electric and covered in solar panels. "

thats exactly what will happen bob but by the time it does it will be to fucking late I can’t beleive every house school hoespital in the uk isn’t covered in solar panels

"Nature and or war will sort the problem,man is not as smart as he thinks.

Yes there are to many people and it cannot go on."

Something pretty unpleasant will happen if not sorted

By *bernathCouple  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

Research has found that as a nation becomes developed the population starts to drop.

The decline in the Japans population is the due to this, as well as most developed nations.

Self correcting populations emerge when development increases.

Problem is that the burden of social care is left on a smaller younger population.

Also gender imbalances occur, china has serious problems now at there are more men than women.

The are many factors for population growth a few headlines though

1. Religion - Many religions shun birth control

2. Culture - Big families are preferred

3. Society - Abortion is shunned in many countries

4. Medical - better survival rates for children, due to vaccination and nutritional changes.

Eventually we will get to a point of peak population, then eventually the global population will drop.

How will this happen?

By *anejohnkent6263Couple  over a year ago

canterbury

As I see it ....if you keep breeding shit with shit guess what you end up with x

By *avidnsa69Man  over a year ago

Essex

"As I see it ....if you keep breeding shit with shit guess what you end up with x"

Is the answer Jacob Rees-Mogg?

By *bernathCouple  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

"As I see it ....if you keep breeding shit with shit guess what you end up with x"

Watch idiocracy you will see where we are going

» Add a new message to this topic