FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Bye bye hard brexit

Bye bye hard brexit

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *abio OP   Man  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Labour finally coming round to 2nd referendum vote... and are going to support cooper letwin to take no deal off the table....

So... here come the fireworks

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"Labour finally coming round to 2nd referendum vote... and are going to support cooper letwin to take no deal off the table....

So... here come the fireworks "

I'm a passionate, staunch remainer x

Absolutely no to a referendum

When the morons get another majority we will then be forced to leave

Time for the grownups to make difficult decisions contrary to populist demand and for the good of the country and withdraw from a50

By *ex4unowCouple  over a year ago

near you

I recommend

Three way vote

Mays deal

Hardest brexit

Stay as before

Simples!

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

I wonder what the millions of leave labour supporters think of that?i can see corbyn is doing it to keep his party together but think he has blown his chances in the next election.Its not really helping the country either months of more uncertainty for business and probably the same outcome so no change and remainers accuse the tories of using brexit to save their party .

near ipswich

"I recommend

Three way vote

Mays deal

Hardest brexit

Stay as before

Simples!"

Well you cant do that as it obviously end up remain as you are splitting the leave vote and here lies the problem with a second vote they will argue the context of it for another year or two with no outcome.Unless its in or out it cant be a fair vote now.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Another referendum isn’t the answer here.

We don’t know anything we didn’t know at the start, so why would the result be any different?

Massive waste of time, in my opinion.

"I wonder what the millions of leave labour supporters think of that?i can see corbyn is doing it to keep his party together but think he has blown his chances in the next election.Its not really helping the country either months of more uncertainty for business and probably the same outcome so no change and remainers accuse the tories of using brexit to save their party . "

Depends if you think he is doing this because it’s what he thinks its the right thing for the country, or if you think he’s trying to win back voters who from the Lib Dem’s or from the new group of jokers and has traded their votes off with the loss of leave voting labour supporters.

What a time to be alive....

near ipswich

"I wonder what the millions of leave labour supporters think of that?i can see corbyn is doing it to keep his party together but think he has blown his chances in the next election.Its not really helping the country either months of more uncertainty for business and probably the same outcome so no change and remainers accuse the tories of using brexit to save their party .

Depends if you think he is doing this because it’s what he thinks its the right thing for the country, or if you think he’s trying to win back voters who from the Lib Dem’s or from the new group of jokers and has traded their votes off with the loss of leave voting labour supporters."

Personally i think if he was doing it for what he thinks is right for the country he would have supported it months ago instead of sitting on the fence,now he an exodus of mps he decides dont really need to be columbo to work that one out.

"I wonder what the millions of leave labour supporters think of that?i can see corbyn is doing it to keep his party together but think he has blown his chances in the next election.Its not really helping the country either months of more uncertainty for business and probably the same outcome so no change and remainers accuse the tories of using brexit to save their party .

Depends if you think he is doing this because it’s what he thinks its the right thing for the country, or if you think he’s trying to win back voters who from the Lib Dem’s or from the new group of jokers and has traded their votes off with the loss of leave voting labour supporters.Personally i think if he was doing it for what he thinks is right for the country he would have supported it months ago instead of sitting on the fence,now he an exodus of mps he decides dont really need to be columbo to work that one out."

Just one more thing.....

A 2nd referendum has been on the cards for sometime now .Its the inevitable conclusion of the stand off in parliament...

Cheers jezza!

Labour shitting on the heads of millions of there own voters unbelievable.

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

Labour will never win a GE now there fucked in the north they won’t be forgiven

I thought corbyn was unelectable anyway in the eyes of many .I think this will benefit the Labour Party by pulling them to the middle ground...

By *oghunter33Woman  over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

"Another referendum isn’t the answer here.

We don’t know anything we didn’t know at the start, so why would the result be any different?

Massive waste of time, in my opinion. "

Maybe you did know what Brexit entails, but I'd say there are many out there who weren't aware of the huge implications such a move brings with it. Also opinions vary widely what kind of Brexit should be aimed for.

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"A 2nd referendum has been on the cards for sometime now .Its the inevitable conclusion of the stand off in parliament...

Cheers jezza!"

Jez is a leaver

How can any remainer want a referendum

"A 2nd referendum has been on the cards for sometime now .Its the inevitable conclusion of the stand off in parliament...

Cheers jezza!

Jez is a leaver

How can any remainer want a referendum "

For the win!

thornaby

"I thought corbyn was unelectable anyway in the eyes of many .I think this will benefit the Labour Party by pulling them to the middle ground... "
he is but even with out jezza they still be screwed in the north specially the north east

"I thought corbyn was unelectable anyway in the eyes of many .I think this will benefit the Labour Party by pulling them to the middle ground... he is but even with out jezza they still be screwed in the north specially the north east "

Could be an opportunity for ukip or the greens..

Massive waste of time, in my opinion.

Maybe you did know what Brexit entails, but I'd say there are many out there who weren't aware of the huge implications such a move brings with it. Also opinions vary widely what kind of Brexit should be aimed for. "

Maybe, but it people didn’t think about it properly or couldn’t sift out the facts from the bullshit first time around, I’m not confident they can do it in the event of another referendum.

Again, same goes for the flavour of Brexit. The government shouldn’t give the option for people to vote for a no-deal. They should just pick the least damaging Brexit possible.

"I thought corbyn was unelectable anyway in the eyes of many .I think this will benefit the Labour Party by pulling them to the middle ground... he is but even with out jezza they still be screwed in the north specially the north east "

You could argue that avoiding Brexit is more important than keeping Labour electable.

near ipswich

"I thought corbyn was unelectable anyway in the eyes of many .I think this will benefit the Labour Party by pulling them to the middle ground... he is but even with out jezza they still be screwed in the north specially the north east

You could argue that avoiding Brexit is more important than keeping Labour electable. "

Why? when the people were asked and they voted to leave.Mp,s should do what they are paid for and carry out the wishes of the people who pay their wages.

By *oghunter33Woman  over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

"I thought corbyn was unelectable anyway in the eyes of many .I think this will benefit the Labour Party by pulling them to the middle ground... he is but even with out jezza they still be screwed in the north specially the north east

You could argue that avoiding Brexit is more important than keeping Labour electable. "

The best for the country should be the aim and not party politics. The latter got the UK into this whole Brexit nonsense.

near you

"I recommend

Three way vote

Mays deal

Hardest brexit

Stay as before

Simples!Well you cant do that as it obviously end up remain as you are splitting the leave vote and here lies the problem with a second vote they will argue the context of it for another year or two with no outcome.Unless its in or out it cant be a fair vote now."

Actually mays deal is a mid way bodge that pleases no one in my opinion

"What a time to be alive.... "

It is mildly entertaining

You could argue that avoiding Brexit is more important than keeping Labour electable. Why? when the people were asked and they voted to leave.Mp,s should do what they are paid for and carry out the wishes of the people who pay their wages."

Well to answer why, firstly, I don’t especially care if labour are electable or not. And secondly because leaving the EU is the wrong thing to do on an economic, environmental, cultural, scientific and anything else you can think of level. People voted for a lot of bullshit throughout history, just because something gets votes doesn’t make it right.

There is literally zero benefit to the uk leaving.

MPs should do what’s right and stop Brexit. But their either too greedy or too scared of losing votes.

near ipswich

You could argue that avoiding Brexit is more important than keeping Labour electable. Why? when the people were asked and they voted to leave.Mp,s should do what they are paid for and carry out the wishes of the people who pay their wages.

Well to answer why, firstly, I don’t especially care if labour are electable or not. And secondly because leaving the EU is the wrong thing to do on an economic, environmental, cultural, scientific and anything else you can think of level. People voted for a lot of bullshit throughout history, just because something gets votes doesn’t make it right.

MPs should do what’s right and stop Brexit. But their either too greedy or too scared of losing votes. "

Ok well if thats what you believe i cant argue with that i prefer a government that governs for the people not a dictatorship but hey ho maybe its just me.

"What a time to be alive....

It is mildly entertaining "

Defeat snatched from the jaws of victory looms..

You could argue that avoiding Brexit is more important than keeping Labour electable. Why? when the people were asked and they voted to leave.Mp,s should do what they are paid for and carry out the wishes of the people who pay their wages.

MPs should do what’s right and stop Brexit. But their either too greedy or too scared of losing votes. Ok well if thats what you believe i cant argue with that i prefer a government that governs for the people not a dictatorship but hey ho maybe its just me."

Then why did you vote leave? That’s the most backwards thing I’ve read since Brexit!

Corbyn only does whatever he thinks might stand him a chance of getting his hands on the keys to no 10. He doesn't give a shit about the country or anyone other than himself

near ipswich

MPs should do what’s right and stop Brexit. But their either too greedy or too scared of losing votes. Ok well if thats what you believe i cant argue with that i prefer a government that governs for the people not a dictatorship but hey ho maybe its just me.

Then why did you vote leave? That’s the most backwards thing I’ve read since Brexit! "

How so? not hard to understand the majority voted to leave so we should leave if they had voted to remain then they should do that,its a government doing what the people want how hard is that to understand?

MPs should do what’s right and stop Brexit. But their either too greedy or too scared of losing votes. Ok well if thats what you believe i cant argue with that i prefer a government that governs for the people not a dictatorship but hey ho maybe its just me.

Then why did you vote leave? That’s the most backwards thing I’ve read since Brexit! How so? not hard to understand the majority voted to leave so we should leave if they had voted to remain then they should do that,its a government doing what the people want how hard is that to understand? "

Okay so I’m arguing that people want an end to austerity, want to be prosperous, want to live in a free, progressive, country with opportunities for them and their kids, they want the environment to be looked after, they want workers rights, they want the NHS working and functioning.

Of course there are some exceptions to the above. But by and large as humans we want the same things.

So some people have been conditioned over a long time to blame all their woes on the EU. And in fact leaving the EU will exhaserbate all their problems. When a very select ultra rich few individuals will gain more wealth and power, and avoid paying taxes.

Does that help to explain why I don’t think that the government ploughing on with Brexit is a bad idea?

near ipswich

Then why did you vote leave? That’s the most backwards thing I’ve read since Brexit! How so? not hard to understand the majority voted to leave so we should leave if they had voted to remain then they should do that,its a government doing what the people want how hard is that to understand?

Okay so I’m arguing that people want an end to austerity, want to be prosperous, want to live in a free, progressive, country with opportunities for them and their kids, they want the environment to be looked after, they want workers rights, they want the NHS working and functioning.

Of course there are some exceptions to the above. But by and large as humans we want the same things.

So some people have been conditioned over a long time to blame all their woes on the EU. And in fact leaving the EU will exhaserbate all their problems. When a very select ultra rich few individuals will gain more wealth and power, and avoid paying taxes.

Does that help to explain why I don’t think that the government ploughing on with Brexit is a bad idea?

"

I think we all want that and the sooner we leave and can get on with other problems the better but another referendum is just going to prolong this brexit for probably another year or two.That is going to take up all the time and keep the country and political partys divided where they could be getting to grips with the real problems like housing etc.

Then why did you vote leave? That’s the most backwards thing I’ve read since Brexit! How so? not hard to understand the majority voted to leave so we should leave if they had voted to remain then they should do that,its a government doing what the people want how hard is that to understand?

I think we all want that and the sooner we leave and can get on with other problems the better but another referendum is just going to prolong this brexit for probably another year or two.That is going to take up all the time and keep the country and political partys divided where they could be getting to grips with the real problems like housing etc."

As soon as we leave we will have a fuck load more problems. Problems like housing will be much worse and we will have much less money to deal with them.

I agree, another referendum isn’t the answer.

By *ave 42Man  over a year ago

pontefract

Another referendum will be meaningless, you will get 17.4 million people who will not vote because they have already voted to leave in which was a democratically won vote.The remainers can’t accept the result of that first vote and have done everything they can to scupper Brexit.

So if there is a second referendum what will the questions be

1.No Deal

2. Accept Mays deal

Notice I’ve not put remain because democratically that shouldn’t be on the list of options. Or we include it and make it the best of 3

The MPs like Cooper who happens to be my local MP won’t show her face in public up here in her constituency because she’s gone against 70% of her electorate who voted to leave so she’s no chance of ever being elected again

Ever MP who’s constituents voted to leave and they have gone against their constituents wishes should be deselected and kicked out of Parliament

Roll on the 29th March and let’s get out of the EU for good, let’s see how many other countries want to leave if we make a success of it.

So I am thinking the choice on the second referendum should be binary between the PM's deal and remain...

"Another referendum will be meaningless, you will get 17.4 million people who will not vote because they have already voted to leave in which was a democratically won vote.The remainers can’t accept the result of that first vote and have done everything they can to scupper Brexit.

1.No Deal

2. Accept Mays deal

Notice I’ve not put remain because democratically that shouldn’t be on the list of options. Or we include it and make it the best of 3

The MPs like Cooper who happens to be my local MP won’t show her face in public up here in her constituency because she’s gone against 70% of her electorate who voted to leave so she’s no chance of ever being elected again

Ever MP who’s constituents voted to leave and they have gone against their constituents wishes should be deselected and kicked out of Parliament

Roll on the 29th March and let’s get out of the EU for good, let’s see how many other countries want to leave if we make a success of it."

Excellent satire at the end there.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"Labour finally coming round to 2nd referendum vote... and are going to support cooper letwin to take no deal off the table....

Time for the grownups to make difficult decisions contrary to populist demand and for the good of the country and withdraw from a50

"

So you do not believe in democracy,your the moron mate

By *endrix30Man  over a year ago

dudley

"Labour shitting on the heads of millions of there own voters unbelievable. "
Labour have handed victory to the tories at the next election and probably for the next few elections. Millions of Labour voters who voted leave will now vote Tory so the risk of a tory majority is high. I live in a Labour area where 70% voted leave and would do so again, however due to Labour becoming strongly remain voters in this area are now backing the tories. If this is repeated across the country the tories could get a big majority and would be as a result of Labour ignoring the referendum result so be prepared for tory government for a long time.

I suspect in labour strongholds, many would decide not to vote. But labour would keep a small majority.

In the tory strongholds they don’t give a shit.

In the windy seats, eg middle England, I suspect this is more likely a good thing.

So while they may lose votes overall, I can see this winning seats.

By *andS66Couple  over a year ago

Derby

"I recommend

Three way vote

Mays deal

Hardest brexit

Stay as before

Simples!Well you cant do that as it obviously end up remain as you are splitting the leave vote and here lies the problem with a second vote they will argue the context of it for another year or two with no outcome.Unless its in or out it cant be a fair vote now."

And what if it's, say, 48% to stay, 32% hard brexit, 20% May's deal?

Does remain win because it got more votes than any other single option, or does leave win, with hard brexit as it got more than May's deal?

But would they really offer a choice just between May's deal (which they've voted against), or remain (which the country voted against in the last referendum)?

Never thought I'd say this but I could see Farage as PM if Brexit is delayed long enough.

"Never thought I'd say this but I could see Farage as PM if Brexit is delayed long enough. "

Or even Tommy Robinson .

"Never thought I'd say this but I could see Farage as PM if Brexit is delayed long enough.

Or even Tommy Robinson . "

Now that would be interesting

By *nleashedCrakenMan  over a year ago

Widnes

Cheers jezza!

Jez is a leaver

How can any remainer want a referendum "

Because we think we'll win it but if we don't then we'll just have to accept that we live in a nation of people that we believe are totally off their collective rockers.

Widnes

You could argue that avoiding Brexit is more important than keeping Labour electable. Why? when the people were asked and they voted to leave.Mp,s should do what they are paid for and carry out the wishes of the people who pay their wages."

But MPs are not paid to carry out the wishes of the people, they are paid to represent what they believe to be in the best interests of the country and their constituents.

Widnes

"What a time to be alive....

It is mildly entertaining

Defeat snatched from the jaws of victory looms.."

But for who?

It was Remainer over confidence in victory at the last referendum that was one of the factors that got us into this mess in the first place. I believe Remain can win and win by more than 60% but it's definitely not a foregone conclusion.

near ipswich

Cheers jezza!

Jez is a leaver

Because we think we'll win it but if we don't then we'll just have to accept that we live in a nation of people that we believe are totally off their collective rockers.

"

You could always go for best of 5 when you lose again.

Widnes

I think we all want that and the sooner we leave and can get on with other problems the better but another referendum is just going to prolong this brexit for probably another year or two.That is going to take up all the time and keep the country and political partys divided where they could be getting to grips with the real problems like housing etc.

As soon as we leave we will have a fuck load more problems. Problems like housing will be much worse and we will have much less money to deal with them.

I agree, another referendum isn’t the answer."

I sort off agree with you in that, to me, BREXIT is such a bad idea that the choice should never have been put to a referendum in the first place, but it was. In order to reverse the moral mandate given by the last referendum (which was actually the second referendum) there has to be a third one. If Leave win again then we really will have to accept that that is the settled will of the people.

"Never thought I'd say this but I could see Farage as PM if Brexit is delayed long enough. "

This country is dumb enough to vote for that, yes.

By *bandjam91Couple  over a year ago

London

"I recommend

Three way vote

Mays deal

Hardest brexit

Stay as before

Simples!Well you cant do that as it obviously end up remain as you are splitting the leave vote and here lies the problem with a second vote they will argue the context of it for another year or two with no outcome.Unless its in or out it cant be a fair vote now.

Does remain win because it got more votes than any other single option, or does leave win, with hard brexit as it got more than May's deal?

But would they really offer a choice just between May's deal (which they've voted against), or remain (which the country voted against in the last referendum)? "

It should be a two question vote. Q1. Remain or Leave? Q2. If Leave, Hard Brexit or May's Deal?

Remainers have to answer Q2, and would presumably say "May's Deal".

Using your percentages Leave would win overall but the Remain vote would be added to those who chose May's Deal as their first option.

It'd still be a shit deal in my opinion but I'd settle for it if it gave people a final say.

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

"Labour shitting on the heads of millions of there own voters unbelievable. "

I said on here in 2017 just before the general election that Labour couldn't be trusted to respect the result of the referendum and couldn't be trusted to deliver Brexit. Now the Labour party has shown it's true colours by backing a 2nd referendum, the betrayal of Labour Leave voters is complete. I fully expect Labour would now be wiped out in the Midlands and the North of England in another general election.

Cheers jezza!

Jez is a leaver

"

Only in a centrists mind could you think we're the people who have fucked this country up for the last 40 years!.

Come in number 10 , your time is nearly up

Hey Centaur_UK what's your view on people who voted Brexit but admit they'd vote Remain now? Where does that fall in the whole "will of the people" game?

Cannock

"Hey Centaur_UK what's your view on people who voted Brexit but admit they'd vote Remain now? Where does that fall in the whole "will of the people" game? "

Who are these people? Polls suggest there really hasn't been much shift in public opinion. If anything some remainers I've spoken to say they'd now vote leave in a 2nd referendum as it's not just about the EU now it's a matter of principle about democracy.

Widnes

"I recommend

Three way vote

Mays deal

Hardest brexit

Stay as before

Simples!Well you cant do that as it obviously end up remain as you are splitting the leave vote and here lies the problem with a second vote they will argue the context of it for another year or two with no outcome.Unless its in or out it cant be a fair vote now.

But would they really offer a choice just between May's deal (which they've voted against), or remain (which the country voted against in the last referendum)? "

I think the choices would have to be narrowed down to binary choices something like:-

1) Do you want to Leave the EU or Remain?

2) If we do leave the EU would you prefer to leave with no deal or the Government's deal?

Or, alternatively

1) Do you accept the Government's deal as the best way to leave the EU?

2) If we don't leave the EU with the Government's deal would you prefer to leave the EU with no deal or Remain?

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

"Labour shitting on the heads of millions of there own voters unbelievable.

I said on here in 2017 just before the general election that Labour couldn't be trusted to respect the result of the referendum and couldn't be trusted to deliver Brexit. Now the Labour party has shown it's true colours by backing a 2nd referendum, the betrayal of Labour Leave voters is complete. I fully expect Labour would now be wiped out in the Midlands and the North of England in another general election. "

My local MP is a Labour MP. She was the MP at the time of the referendum and she campaigned passionately to remain and had the backing of many large employers locally. She was barracked aggressively in the referendum campaign and had Police protection after the murder of Jo Cox. This constituency voted around 65% in favour of Brexit

She was subsequently re-elected in 2017 despite her continued passionate pro Remain viewpoint but is still barracked, threatened and insulted by a noisy element.

Perhaps Brexit has become an almost religious like ideological pursuit for some, but maybe for the silent majority it is also important to have a very good MP who has the well being of her constituents at heart.

Widnes

Cheers jezza!

Jez is a leaver

Only in a centrists mind could you think we're the people who have fucked this country up for the last 40 years!.

Come in number 10 , your time is nearly up "

I don't think anyone has fucked the country up over the last 40 years. I think the country has, with a few set backs, moved from strength to strength over the 43 years since 1973. However I know who I blame for totally fucking it up over the last 2 to 3 years and, although I still don't support him, it hasn't been Jeremy Corbyn.

North West

"I recommend

Three way vote

Mays deal

Hardest brexit

Stay as before

But would they really offer a choice just between May's deal (which they've voted against), or remain (which the country voted against in the last referendum)?

I think the choices would have to be narrowed down to binary choices something like:-

2) If we do leave the EU would you prefer to leave with no deal or the Government's deal?

Or, alternatively

2) If we don't leave the EU with the Government's deal would you prefer to leave the EU with no deal or Remain?

"

You can’t really offer “no deal” as there is no such thing as “no deal” what no deal actually means is that “we don’t like you and we don’t want to have anything to do with you other than have deals that help us in case we are stuffed.”

Cheers jezza!

Jez is a leaver

I don't think anyone has fucked the country up over the last 40 years. I think the country has, with a few set backs, moved from strength to strength over the 43 years since 1973. However I know who I blame for totally fucking it up over the last 2 to 3 years and, although I still don't support him, it hasn't been Jeremy Corbyn.

"

Do us all a favour and hand in your passport on the way out!.

The rest of us are more than happy to tuff it out.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

It's right not to be forced into taking the wrong next step, such as picking a deal, just because you're forced to because the conservatives wasted all the time trying to decide.

near you

"I recommend

Three way vote

Mays deal

Hardest brexit

Stay as before

Simples!Well you cant do that as it obviously end up remain as you are splitting the leave vote and here lies the problem with a second vote they will argue the context of it for another year

or two with no outcome.Unless its in or out it cant be a fair vote now.

Largest number wins

Widnes

"I recommend

Three way vote

Mays deal

Hardest brexit

Stay as before

Or, alternatively

You can’t really offer “no deal” as there is no such thing as “no deal” what no deal actually means is that “we don’t like you and we don’t want to have anything to do with you other than have deals that help us in case we are stuffed.”"

The problem is is that there has to be a Leave option on there but there also has to be something about what sort of Leave that is. If Leave wins again, which it could do, we need to know what sort of Leave Leave really means because part of the current problem is that some forms of Leave are not considered as really Leave by some BREXITERS.

Widnes

Cheers jezza!

Jez is a leaver

The rest of us are more than happy to tuff it out."

I'm not going anywhere thanks. It's you who's the quitter and leaver, not me.

"

Who are these people? Polls suggest there really hasn't been much shift in public opinion. If anything some remainers I've spoken to say they'd now vote leave in a 2nd referendum as it's not just about the EU now it's a matter of principle about democracy. "

There's been plenty on C4 news and on online videos stating as such, especially those living in Spain. But hey, I can't fault you for sticking to the side you chose "principle of democracy" hah, surejan.gif

Cannock

"

Who are these people? Polls suggest there really hasn't been much shift in public opinion. If anything some remainers I've spoken to say they'd now vote leave in a 2nd referendum as it's not just about the EU now it's a matter of principle about democracy.

There's been plenty on C4 news and on online videos stating as such, especially those living in Spain. But hey, I can't fault you for sticking to the side you chose "principle of democracy" hah, surejan.gif"

There's plenty of videos online which show remain voters who would now vote Leave in a 2nd one. There have even been a few posters on here who admitted they voted remain in 2016 but would now vote Leave, JimiUK being one of them.

"

There's plenty of videos online which show remain voters who would now vote Leave in a 2nd one. There have even been a few posters on here who admitted they voted remain in 2016 but would now vote Leave, JimiUK being one of them. "

In that case, if people are so flippant with their vote (changing to either side), shouldn't we get an updated view of the publics vote? If you're confident that more people want to leave now then don't you want the numbers to back that up and shove in the face of us "Remoaners"? Or again in the case of the public vote being so flippant, shouldn't the government NOT listen to us on this issue as we're clearly easily lead to either side depending on what propaganda we want to believe in? You believe strongly in Brexit, I do not, we've both been conditioned by our life and what we follow, would you say your vote is more important than mine?

Cannock

Heard on bbc Newsnight earlier that Jeremy Corbyn looked and sounded like a Hostage doing a k*dnapping video for his pro remain MP's who are now holding him to ransom when he announced 2nd referendum to the PLP. He may have been forced to back a 2nd referendum by his party but I think he may campaign for Leave if it ever becomes a reality.

Cannock

"

There's plenty of videos online which show remain voters who would now vote Leave in a 2nd one. There have even been a few posters on here who admitted they voted remain in 2016 but would now vote Leave, JimiUK being one of them.

In that case, if people are so flippant with their vote (changing to either side), shouldn't we get an updated view of the publics vote? If you're confident that more people want to leave now then don't you want the numbers to back that up and shove in the face of us "Remoaners"? Or again in the case of the public vote being so flippant, shouldn't the government NOT listen to us on this issue as we're clearly easily lead to either side depending on what propaganda we want to believe in? You believe strongly in Brexit, I do not, we've both been conditioned by our life and what we follow, would you say your vote is more important than mine? "

We've already had the vote. And yes 52% is more important than the 48% because 52% is the bigger number and majority rules in a democratic society.

"We've already had the vote. And yes 52% is more important than the 48% because 52% is the bigger number and majority rules in a democratic society. "

And we should ignore the 33% of voters who didn't turn up because they didn't believe Leave would win? Or is that a case of tough shit should've voted? It always feels like Brexiters know they'd lose if the question was asked again because they know a higher number of people would vote this time, which is democracy, so instead they want to deny them and claim that's democracy instead, funny.

Democracy to Brexiters is really just "fuck you Remainers and non-voters, we won, you don't matter". A democracy that goes out of its way to push people away and belittle them.

By *ony 2016Man  over a year ago

Huddersfield /derby cinemas

The main problem with a second vote is that we were told that the vote in 2016 was "the" vote and our government would act purely on that vote ,,,, the problem with that being that our government had absolutely no plan what so ever if leave won ( the term gross inept incompetence comes to mind ) ,,, the sensible option now would be another vote with the 3 options of (a) governments deal (b) no deal (c) remain ,,, but this should have been indicated would happen if leave won prior to the original vote ( I refer you to my earlier comment of gross inept incompetence ) and because it wasn't it now allows the public to say the original vote should be adhered to , even though no one actually knew what the outcome of any negotiations would be .. So we are now in a position where what ever anyone proposes or does is wrong ( did I mention gross inept incompetence ?? ) ,,,

"The main problem with a second vote is that we were told that the vote in 2016 was "the" vote and our government would act purely on that vote ,,,, the problem with that being that our government had absolutely no plan what so ever if leave won ( the term gross inept incompetence comes to mind ) ,,, the sensible option now would be another vote with the 3 options of (a) governments deal (b) no deal (c) remain ,,, but this should have been indicated would happen if leave won prior to the original vote ( I refer you to my earlier comment of gross inept incompetence ) and because it wasn't it now allows the public to say the original vote should be adhered to , even though no one actually knew what the outcome of any negotiations would be .. So we are now in a position where what ever anyone proposes or does is wrong ( did I mention gross inept incompetence ?? ) ,,, "

To add to this, I do agree with it, if you voted to Leave, this government has shown how terribly incompetent they are, do you really want to Leave with rules and negotiations by this Government? They can't even decide on what they want themselves let alone "the will of the people", surely you'd want a more savvy party in the house to handle this properly no?

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

Hard Brexit was not ever specified as a realistic option by anybody.

There is no majority in Parliament. As the specifics were never asked in the referendum there is no way to claim that is what was voted for other than saying that's what the remain campaign said, which is a curious argument.

Nobody is calling it a "clean" Brexit anymore as that is now transparently untrue. The vocabulary is now also of survival and getting through.

This is completely discretionary.

The only argument for not having a second referendum is that people might change their mind so that would be undemocratic. Another curious argument.

The lies have been exposed. Nobody is desperate for trade deals with us at any price. Companies are relocating offices. Prices have gone up faster than they would have. Investment is being differed or cancelled. Companies have closed. Not all exclusively but contributed to in no small part by this decision.

There are fewer old voters and more young voters.

Thos is all true not spin or fake news or project fear. It has happened.

Argue all you like that black is white or up is down.

Telling people that they shouldn't have a vote on the known facts sounds just a little dictatorial don't you think?

By *oodmessMan  over a year ago

yumsville

Labour have been tactical throughout and who can blame them. They didn't expect to win as many seats as they did and breixt was always a tory policy so why not hang them with it.

Corbyn was not to be seen on TV standing by the remain campaign, there has never been a brexit plan (1 month from deadline still isn't a plan) and no, no-deal plan. Firing Owen Smith over 2nd referendum comments to now put them in place.

Running back and forth to the EU much as Sturgeon was, asking them what they want, rather than their upholding their very vocal mandate of "honouring the referendum" doesn't seem a good negotiating tactic.

They don't or haven't wanted to get elected. Who would want to run the country during brexit - let the tory's. It explains why their opposition has been so poor. Labour will get voted in the next election to cheers in an attempt to end whatever minefield we have walked into. But they will be so out of touch with treaty nuance, they'll fuck it up.

By *avidnsa69Man  over a year ago

Essex

"Another referendum will be meaningless, you will get 17.4 million people who will not vote because they have already voted to leave in which was a democratically won vote.The remainers can’t accept the result of that first vote and have done everything they can to scupper Brexit.

1.No Deal

2. Accept Mays deal

Roll on the 29th March and let’s get out of the EU for good, let’s see how many other countries want to leave if we make a success of it."

The answer to your last question is none....your hopes of the EU collapsing when we leave is pie in the sky.

By *avidnsa69Man  over a year ago

Essex

So you do not believe in democracy,your the moron mate"

Clearly you dont actually understand that democracy is a constantly evolving, live thing, not a one off. Wanting to self harm by leaving the EU isnt democracy, it's stupidity.

By *icksoneMan  over a year ago

oldham

"Hard Brexit was not ever specified as a realistic option by anybody.

There is no majority in Parliament. As the specifics were never asked in the referendum there is no way to claim that is what was voted for other than saying that's what the remain campaign said, which is a curious argument.

Nobody is calling it a "clean" Brexit anymore as that is now transparently untrue. The vocabulary is now also of survival and getting through.

The only argument for not having a second referendum is that people might change their mind so that would be undemocratic. Another curious argument.

The lies have been exposed. Nobody is desperate for trade deals with us at any price. Companies are relocating offices. Prices have gone up faster than they would have. Investment is being differed or cancelled. Companies have closed. Not all exclusively but contributed to in no small part by this decision.

Telling people that they shouldn't have a vote on the known facts sounds just a little dictatorial don't you think? "

A little dictorial ??

This is coming from a man who wants to overturn a democratic vote

Hard Brexit, soft Brexit.

My ballot paper said stay in Europe or come out of europe

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Newbury

It's interesting that the press have spun this as being in favour of a second referendum, because that's not what Labour have said at all....

"

There's been plenty on C4 news and on online videos stating as such, especially those living in Spain. But hey, I can't fault you for sticking to the side you chose "principle of democracy" hah, surejan.gif

There's plenty of videos online which show remain voters who would now vote Leave in a 2nd one. There have even been a few posters on here who admitted they voted remain in 2016 but would now vote Leave, JimiUK being one of them. "

I'd vote Leave now just because I believe in democracy.

West London

"Hard Brexit was not ever specified as a realistic option by anybody.

Telling people that they shouldn't have a vote on the known facts sounds just a little dictatorial don't you think?

A little dictorial ??

This is coming from a man who wants to overturn a democratic vote

Hard Brexit, soft Brexit.

My ballot paper said stay in Europe or come out of europe"

Explain how having a democratic vote overturns a democratic vote.

Then explain how preventing a democratic vote upholds democracy.

The population cannot and must not be able to change its mind?

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Newbury

THE AMENDMENT DOES NOT MENTION ANOTHER VOTE

Here is the reality.

Labour to table amendment to make its credible alternative plan the UK’s Brexit negotiating position

Labour to table amendment to make its credible alternative plan the UK’s Brexit negotiating position

Jeremy Corbyn MP, Leader of the Labour Party, will tomorrow (Tuesday 26 February) seek to enshrine Labour’s five Brexit demands in law by tabling an amendment to the government’s Brexit motion.

Labour’s amendment would force the government to make its credible alternative plan the Government’s negotiating objectives.Labour’s five demands for the Brexit deal are:

· A permanent and comprehensive customs union with the EU;

· close alignment with the Single Market underpinned by shared institutions and obligations;

· dynamic alignment on rights and protections;

· commitments on participation in EU agencies and funding programmes, including in areas such as the environment, education, and industrial regulation; and

· unambiguous agreements on the detail of future security arrangements, including access to the European Arrest Warrant and vital shared databases.

Jeremy Corbyn will tell a meeting of Labour’s Parliamentary Labour Party this evening that the party will back the Cooper-Letwin amendment to take ‘No Deal’ off the table and announce that Labour will also put forward or support an amendment in favour of a public vote to prevent a damaging Tory Brexit.

Speaking at tonight’s meeting of the Parliamentary Labour Party, Jeremy Corbyn MP, Leader of the Labour Party, will say:

“The Prime Minister is recklessly running down the clock, in an attempt to force MPs to choose between her botched deal and a disastrous No Deal. We cannot and will not accept.

“Last week, after our visit to talk to EU officials and leaders in Brussels and Madrid, no one can be in any doubt Labour’s alternative Brexit plan is serious and credible. We are convinced our alternative, which puts jobs and living standards first, could command support in the House of Commons, bring people who voted Leave and Remain together, and be negotiated with the EU.

“That’s why we will be putting down an amendment in parliament this week setting out Labour’s plan: for a comprehensive customs union with a UK say; close alignment with the single market; guarantees on rights and standards; protection for Britain’s role in EU agencies; and a security agreement which guarantees access to the European arrest warrant and vital shared databases. And we will be calling for legislation to underpin this mandate.

“We will also be backing the Cooper-Letwin amendment to rule out a No Deal outcome. One way or another, we will do everything in our power to prevent No Deal and oppose a damaging Tory Brexit based on Theresa May’s overwhelmingly rejected deal.

“That’s why, in line with our conference policy, we are committed to also putting forward or supporting an amendment in favour of a public vote to prevent a damaging Tory Brexit being forced on the country.”

Ends

Notes to editors

The full text of Labour’s amendment, to be tabled tomorrow, reads:

That this House instructs Ministers

(a) to negotiate with the EU for changes to the Political Declaration to secure:

i. a permanent and comprehensive customs union with the EU;

ii. close alignment with the single market underpinned by shared institutions and obligations;

iii. dynamic alignment on rights and protections;

iv. commitments on participation in EU agencies and funding programmes, including in areas such as the environment, education, and industrial regulation; and

v. unambiguous agreement on the detail of future security arrangements, including access to the European Arrest Warrant and vital shared databases;

(b) to introduce primary legislation to give statutory effect to this negotiating mandate;

The ‘breaking news’ in the mainstream media is nothing more than an Establishment attempt to reinforce the position of the ‘quitter group’ and of Tom Watson, by claiming that a – non-existent – change is because of their actions.

No referendum motion has been tabled. None can be tabled for at least two weeks – and no referendum could take place until at least August even if one were moved immediately. And Labour’s position is the same as it was.

West London

"

Here is the reality.

Jeremy Corbyn MP, Leader of the Labour Party, will tomorrow (Tuesday 26 February) seek to enshrine Labour’s five Brexit demands in law by tabling an amendment to the government’s Brexit motion.

Labour’s amendment would force the government to make its credible alternative plan the Government’s negotiating objectives.Labour’s five demands for the Brexit deal are:

· A permanent and comprehensive customs union with the EU;

· close alignment with the Single Market underpinned by shared institutions and obligations;

· dynamic alignment on rights and protections;

· commitments on participation in EU agencies and funding programmes, including in areas such as the environment, education, and industrial regulation; and

· unambiguous agreements on the detail of future security arrangements, including access to the European Arrest Warrant and vital shared databases.

Jeremy Corbyn will tell a meeting of Labour’s Parliamentary Labour Party this evening that the party will back the Cooper-Letwin amendment to take ‘No Deal’ off the table and announce that Labour will also put forward or support an amendment in favour of a public vote to prevent a damaging Tory Brexit.

Speaking at tonight’s meeting of the Parliamentary Labour Party, Jeremy Corbyn MP, Leader of the Labour Party, will say:

“The Prime Minister is recklessly running down the clock, in an attempt to force MPs to choose between her botched deal and a disastrous No Deal. We cannot and will not accept.

“Last week, after our visit to talk to EU officials and leaders in Brussels and Madrid, no one can be in any doubt Labour’s alternative Brexit plan is serious and credible. We are convinced our alternative, which puts jobs and living standards first, could command support in the House of Commons, bring people who voted Leave and Remain together, and be negotiated with the EU.

“That’s why we will be putting down an amendment in parliament this week setting out Labour’s plan: for a comprehensive customs union with a UK say; close alignment with the single market; guarantees on rights and standards; protection for Britain’s role in EU agencies; and a security agreement which guarantees access to the European arrest warrant and vital shared databases. And we will be calling for legislation to underpin this mandate.

“We will also be backing the Cooper-Letwin amendment to rule out a No Deal outcome. One way or another, we will do everything in our power to prevent No Deal and oppose a damaging Tory Brexit based on Theresa May’s overwhelmingly rejected deal.

“That’s why, in line with our conference policy, we are committed to also putting forward or supporting an amendment in favour of a public vote to prevent a damaging Tory Brexit being forced on the country.”

Ends

Notes to editors

The full text of Labour’s amendment, to be tabled tomorrow, reads:

That this House instructs Ministers

(a) to negotiate with the EU for changes to the Political Declaration to secure:

i. a permanent and comprehensive customs union with the EU;

ii. close alignment with the single market underpinned by shared institutions and obligations;

iii. dynamic alignment on rights and protections;

iv. commitments on participation in EU agencies and funding programmes, including in areas such as the environment, education, and industrial regulation; and

v. unambiguous agreement on the detail of future security arrangements, including access to the European Arrest Warrant and vital shared databases;

(b) to introduce primary legislation to give statutory effect to this negotiating mandate;

The ‘breaking news’ in the mainstream media is nothing more than an Establishment attempt to reinforce the position of the ‘quitter group’ and of Tom Watson, by claiming that a – non-existent – change is because of their actions.

No referendum motion has been tabled. None can be tabled for at least two weeks – and no referendum could take place until at least August even if one were moved immediately. And Labour’s position is the same as it was."

So Labour's policy continues to be constructive ambiguity.

Is the leadership pulling the wool over the eyes of its majority remain backing MPs and members?

What does this phrase mean then?

"Jeremy Corbyn will...announce that Labour will also put forward or support an amendment in favour of a public vote to prevent a damaging Tory Brexit."

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

Seems Emily Thornberry was saying one thing this morning, Keir Starmer something else!

It's ok to say have another referendum, but what would be on the ballot paper?

Cheers jezza!

Jez is a leaver

"

Leaving is not quitting, it's rolling your sleeves up and working your arse off for the chance of something better than the last 40 years of utter shite your centrist policies have forced upon the working class, your not worried about jobs, your worried about your job!, for forty years you and your like have told miners, car workers, steel workers, farmers, engineering and construction to suck it up buttercup it's the way of the world while sitting in your comfy secure middle-class middle management job, we all just had to retrain and move on, so when your service industry gets decimated and it will, just retrain and suck it up you decade voting Tory voting karma hating hypocrite.

This is a vote for revenge and it's a dish best served cold.

Newcastle and Gateshead

"It's interesting that the press have spun this as being in favour of a second referendum, because that's not what Labour have said at all...."

Labour are following the policy set out at their party conference which was that if they could not force a general election or a deal not agree with the 6 red lines they had, then they would advocate for a 2nd vote....

Labour issue is that while most of the constituencies vote leave... most of the members in the big metropolitan areas voted remain ... and they have been walking the tightrope ever since

Cheers jezza!

Jez is a leaver

Leaving is not quitting, it's rolling your sleeves up and working your arse off for the chance of something better than the last 40 years of utter shite your centrist policies have forced upon the working class, your not worried about jobs, your worried about your job!, for forty years you and your like have told miners, car workers, steel workers, farmers, engineering and construction to suck it up buttercup it's the way of the world while sitting in your comfy secure middle-class middle management job, we all just had to retrain and move on, so when your service industry gets decimated and it will, just retrain and suck it up you decade voting Tory voting karma hating hypocrite.

This is a vote for revenge and it's a dish best served cold."

I think this is encapsulates why people voted Brexit. Misdirected rage, followed by voting for much more austerity.

And imagine if we “rolled up our sleeves and worked our asses off” from a position of strength from within the EU instead of from a weaker, poorer position out of the EU.

Cheers jezza!

Jez is a leaver

I think this is encapsulates why people voted Brexit. Misdirected rage, followed by voting for much more austerity.

And imagine if we “rolled up our sleeves and worked our asses off” from a position of strength from within the EU instead of from a weaker, poorer position out of the EU. "

They can't vote the banks and the masters of the financial institutions out.So they direct their rage at the only institution they've been given the chance to swing at.That being the EU..

Which is like kicking yourself in the nuts for no good reason...

Newcastle and Gateshead

Anyway... if cooper letwin passes tomorrow, and it means the uk cannot leave with a “no deal” then would that not by default mean any 2nd vote would be.... Mays deal or remain?

Just seeing if I am reading it right.....

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

i really can see a rise in far left and far right partys edging ever closer.after this shower of shit have ignored half the voting population there gona be millions of people who no longer gona suport the tories or labour thats where the extreme partys are gona make gains.on the other hand it is funny seeing so many ppl suddenly realise m.p s take no notice of the electorate.one of the reasons i not been registared to vote for nearly 25 yrs.hahaha watever happens now the country is split and always will be.leave or stay because they have made such a fuck up of it no big buisness will trust our goverment anymore.oh well intresting and exciting times ahead

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Prepare yourself ladies and gents for levels of peak saltiness that has not been reached before.

Brexit the shambles that keeps on giving

"i really can see a rise in far left and far right partys edging ever closer.after this shower of shit have ignored half the voting population there gona be millions of people who no longer gona suport the tories or labour thats where the extreme partys are gona make gains.on the other hand it is funny seeing so many ppl suddenly realise m.p s take no notice of the electorate.one of the reasons i not been registared to vote for nearly 25 yrs.hahaha watever happens now the country is split and always will be.leave or stay because they have made such a fuck up of it no big buisness will trust our goverment anymore.oh well intresting and exciting times ahead "

For most of my life, Labour and Tories have been pretty similar with their policies, especially during the Blair years. Tories have since moved right and Labour left.

I’ve never voted Tory, and voted Labour once as a tactical vote.

I otherwise always vote green. If more people who were disillusioned with the main parties voted green, it would be good. Most people pick Green Party policies in surveys where the policies are shown without the corresponding party.

But I take the point that the whole system is set up to serve those at the top and to maintain the status quo.

North West

"

This is a vote for revenge and it's a dish best served cold."

What an astonishing post...

And proof yet again that the Brexit vote, to some at least was a valid protest vote, but against the completely wrong target.

How has Germany so managed to derive such great benefit from the EU and the UK (in your eyes) not? If we were not capable of manipulating the EU to our great advantage - and they were our friends and colleagues - just how the fuck are we going to manipulate hostile trading nations to benefit us?

Your post encapsulates the utter stupidity of some Brexit voters - voting to make all the things they are angry about - so much worse.

I think that this is the paradox that Theresa May has wanted to expose all along and show Labour to be even more of a humbug party than the tories if that's possible over this issue LOL.

Maybe it will clear the decks for either a general election or another referendum. I can't say I am particularly bothered either way as in the real world out there things are very optimistic about the future. I really can't fathom out what is going on but I was at an exhibition in Manchester at the weekend and by the amount of footfall going on you'd think a Boom was underway. Quite surreal experience.

borehamwood

"i really can see a rise in far left and far right partys edging ever closer.after this shower of shit have ignored half the voting population there gona be millions of people who no longer gona suport the tories or labour thats where the extreme partys are gona make gains.on the other hand it is funny seeing so many ppl suddenly realise m.p s take no notice of the electorate.one of the reasons i not been registared to vote for nearly 25 yrs.hahaha watever happens now the country is split and always will be.leave or stay because they have made such a fuck up of it no big buisness will trust our goverment anymore.oh well intresting and exciting times ahead

For most of my life, Labour and Tories have been pretty similar with their policies, especially during the Blair years. Tories have since moved right and Labour left.

I’ve never voted Tory, and voted Labour once as a tactical vote.

I otherwise always vote green. If more people who were disillusioned with the main parties voted green, it would be good. Most people pick Green Party policies in surveys where the policies are shown without the corresponding party.

But I take the point that the whole system is set up to serve those at the top and to maintain the status quo. "

well it looks like the status quo is about to be broken or is it.even if the current wankers disapear fade in to history it will just be replaced with another bunch of self serving cunts. i pay the tax that i have to and that is about as far as my dealing with goverment goes.

yumsville

[Removed by poster at 26/02/19 10:43:47]

yumsville

Why do they want amendments to the political declaration when this is the argument has erupted over the Irish backstop, as it is non binding.

Cheers jezza!

Jez is a leaver

And imagine if we “rolled up our sleeves and worked our asses off” from a position of strength from within the EU instead of from a weaker, poorer position out of the EU. "

It's not misdirected rage at all, I know exactly who's been screwing this country over for decades and it ain't the EU, it's my own fellow countrymen.

Theres a section of society that couldn't give a shit about anybody but themselves, they've undermined and swindled every single industry and commodity they could get there grubby paws on, they couldn't care less for society and cohesion, diversity is there buzzword for cheap labour, they rant about racist working classes while living in the very whiteist bits of Britain there is.

This lot have been in power since forever and anybody and everybody knows the only way there going to leave power is in a plastic bag, this shit stick of a deal we have isn't going to end via a democratic vote, it's going to end when people realise that democratic vote is worthless.

So roll on that second referendum and Mays stay remain we've left but nothings changed deal because in the end I believe only a bloody and violent Revolution will ring in the new world order of "we the People".

"

What an astonishing post...

And proof yet again that the Brexit vote, to some at least was a valid protest vote, but against the completely wrong target.

How has Germany so managed to derive such great benefit from the EU and the UK (in your eyes) not? If we were not capable of manipulating the EU to our great advantage - and they were our friends and colleagues - just how the fuck are we going to manipulate hostile trading nations to benefit us?

Your post encapsulates the utter stupidity of some Brexit voters - voting to make all the things they are angry about - so much worse."

Don't worry pike, your names already in the book.

By *r NeilMan  over a year ago

Lancashire

Massive waste of time, in my opinion. "

oh yes it is! I donth want to leak potato soup for the rest of my days under candlelight.

Cheers jezza!

Jez is a leaver

And imagine if we “rolled up our sleeves and worked our asses off” from a position of strength from within the EU instead of from a weaker, poorer position out of the EU. .

It's not misdirected rage at all, I know exactly who's been screwing this country over for decades and it ain't the EU, it's my own fellow countrymen.

Theres a section of society that couldn't give a shit about anybody but themselves, they've undermined and swindled every single industry and commodity they could get there grubby paws on, they couldn't care less for society and cohesion, diversity is there buzzword for cheap labour, they rant about racist working classes while living in the very whiteist bits of Britain there is.

This lot have been in power since forever and anybody and everybody knows the only way there going to leave power is in a plastic bag, this shit stick of a deal we have isn't going to end via a democratic vote, it's going to end when people realise that democratic vote is worthless.

So roll on that second referendum and Mays stay remain we've left but nothings changed deal because in the end I believe only a bloody and violent Revolution will ring in the new world order of "we the People"."

Do you think being outside the Eu helps or hinders you and your fellow protesters ?

Because you want to bring down the service industry ... but that is as full of minimum wage working class folk as any other industry....

Cheers jezza!

Jez is a leaver

And imagine if we “rolled up our sleeves and worked our asses off” from a position of strength from within the EU instead of from a weaker, poorer position out of the EU. .

So roll on that second referendum and Mays stay remain we've left but nothings changed deal because in the end I believe only a bloody and violent Revolution will ring in the new world order of "we the People"."

Dude that's what those you despise so much want...You need to read "blood on the streets .Investment profits in a world gone mad.By William Reese mogg .Jacobs daddy.

Its main message was summed by a quote from the 19th-century financial trader Nathan Rothschild: “The best time to buy is when blood is running in the streets.”

Cheers jezza!

Jez is a leaver

So roll on that second referendum and Mays stay remain we've left but nothings changed deal because in the end I believe only a bloody and violent Revolution will ring in the new world order of "we the People".

Do you think being outside the Eu helps or hinders you and your fellow protesters ?

Because you want to bring down the service industry ... but that is as full of minimum wage working class folk as any other industry...."

I'm not giving you a political or financial argument, those days went by the bye 20 years ago.

I'm giving you a future forecast!.

Cheers jezza!

Jez is a leaver

Because you want to bring down the service industry ... but that is as full of minimum wage working class folk as any other industry.....

I'm not giving you a political or financial argument, those days went by the bye 20 years ago.

"

i have no idea what you mean by that.

You seemed to largely be telling us why people voted and their resentment.

Topped off by a prediction of revelation.

Newcastle and Gateshead

So bobs solution is to blow everything up and everyone becomes collateral damage....

Bravo!!!!!!

Is that what you want to tell people... your sacrifice and your job had to go for the betterment of the cause!

Bravo..... that’s about as selfish a solution as I have seen throughout this entire shitshow!

Lancashire

Cheers jezza!

Jez is a leaver

Because you want to bring down the service industry ... but that is as full of minimum wage working class folk as any other industry.....

i have no idea what you mean by that.

You seemed to largely be telling us why people voted and their resentment.

Topped off by a prediction of revelation. "

ooh a revelation

By *e DevilMan  over a year ago

Blantyre

"

Ahhhh bless, i love when i read the pish people write when a vote dosnt go their way.

Morons , grownups, ???

Your the one with the toys out the pram. Here i will throw in a wee dummy for you while you sulk in a corner, mummy will be home soon.

oldham

"So bobs solution is to blow everything up and everyone becomes collateral damage....

Bravo!!!!!!

Is that what you want to tell people... your sacrifice and your job had to go for the betterment of the cause!

Bravo..... that’s about as selfish a solution as I have seen throughout this entire shitshow! "

You and your ilk have brought this on your self and you deserve what is coming.

You and your ilk did not listen to the general population when they voiced their concerns.

You called us thick, uninformed, racist and bigots.

When a vote came around and we voiced our concerns you have done the same again.

And yet you still sat there wondering why the leavers won.

You are now trying to overturn this democratic vote.

The vote that has gone through Parliment on numerous occasions.

The vote than has gone through 2 general elections.

If you ignore and overturn that vote the next choice these people you have is violence/civil disobedience.

The baller of it is there is legislation for it.

I would be checking your house insurance to see if it's covered for riots.

PMSL

"So bobs solution is to blow everything up and everyone becomes collateral damage....

Bravo!!!!!!

Bravo..... that’s about as selfish a solution as I have seen throughout this entire shitshow!

You and your ilk did not listen to the general population when they voiced their concerns.

When a vote came around and we voiced our concerns you have done the same again.

If you ignore and overturn that vote the next choice these people you have is violence/civil disobedience.

PMSL

"

I don't fear terrorists.#Not afraid.

oldham

Bravo!!!!!!

PMSL

I don't fear terrorists.#Not afraid. "

Says the man who wants a riot.

What was it you said. Bring it on

hmmmm now you are calling leavers terrorists.

So I stand by my last stateme t that describes you.

Starts with a c and ends in unt

Grantham

The die has now been cast. The extremists on either side now have two weeks to flex their muscles before we finally abandon Brexit amongst much chaos, and the inevitable resignation of Mrs May.

oldham

Bravo!!!!!!

PMSL

Starts with a c and ends in unt "

And sounds like punt

oldham

"The die has now been cast. The extremists on either side now have two weeks to flex their muscles before we finally abandon Brexit amongst much chaos, and the inevitable resignation of Mrs May."

May will be gone by Christmas.

Abandon Brexit ?

At our peril.

oldham

Bravo!!!!!!

PMSL

I don't fear terrorists.#Not afraid. "

You will be ??

Bravo!!!!!!

PMSL

No need to be so triggered bro..

aren't you(PMSL) pissing my self laughing at riots and house insurance having enough cover...Have a nap it'll all be ok relax ...

Newcastle and Gateshead

"The die has now been cast. The extremists on either side now have two weeks to flex their muscles before we finally abandon Brexit amongst much chaos, and the inevitable resignation of Mrs May."

She has trying to kick the can down the road yet again... this time she is saying no deal still on table but moving leaving date back, which still doesn’t deal with the problems of a cliff edge no deal brexit....

Trying every trick in the book

Bravo!!!!!!

PMSL

"

You seem to stereotype everyone into either “your ilk”, presumably you are suggesting middle class types? or into working class Brexit voting rioters.

Life isn’t black and white.

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

What happens if Parliament rejects all three motions - the Mayhem deal, no deal and an extension?

oldham

Bravo!!!!!!

PMSL

aren't you(PMSL) pissing my self laughing at riots and house insurance having enough cover...Have a nap it'll all be ok relax ... "

See you couldn't answer the statement again.

You wanted riots.

"What happens if Parliament rejects all three motions - the Mayhem deal, no deal and an extension?

"

I assume the default is no deal.

"What happens if Parliament rejects all three motions - the Mayhem deal, no deal and an extension?

I assume the default is no deal. "

It is

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

No deal by accident then.

Parliament's transformation to the circus will be complete.

Bravo!!!!!!

PMSL

aren't you(PMSL) pissing my self laughing at riots and house insurance having enough cover...Have a nap it'll all be ok relax ...

You wanted riots.

"

I'm sure you can find a monkey riding a tricycle in anything I've said if you try really hard...

I don't fear violence from the unstable.Ive said if you riot then it says volumes about brexiters seeing how there has only been peaceful protests from the good and decent remainers.

I do remeber a brexiter standing over a dead body of a female MP.Hopefully your brexiter friends won't get the opportunity to murder a mother in the streets again .

Grantham

"The die has now been cast. The extremists on either side now have two weeks to flex their muscles before we finally abandon Brexit amongst much chaos, and the inevitable resignation of Mrs May.

She has trying to kick the can down the road yet again... this time she is saying no deal still on table but moving leaving date back, which still doesn’t deal with the problems of a cliff edge no deal brexit....

Trying every trick in the book "

She's taken action to make sure the Cooper/Letwin amendment doesn't come to Parliament.

Let's face it. The Whips have done the sums, and that's assuming the issues will be whipped.

Both major parties have now got to go into "damage limitation" mode.

North West

Personally, I think May's deal will get through and so all of this nonsense today is a sideshow.

The ERG and the DUP will claim victory even though the concessions made and wording added to the political declaration are nothing like what was demanded.

The reality is that the ERG and the DUP do not want a 2nd referendum and so they will now back whatever May comes back with. The issue then will be how Tory rebels vote and my suspicion is that if they have not already left, they will choose Tory unity over their own principles.

By *rotic-TouchTV/TS  over a year ago

doncaster

Bravo!!!!!!

PMSL

You wanted riots.

I'm sure you can find a monkey riding a tricycle in anything I've said if you try really hard...

I don't fear violence from the unstable.Ive said if you riot then it says volumes about brexiters seeing how there has only been peaceful protests from the good and decent remainers.

I do remeber a brexiter standing over a dead body of a female MP.Hopefully your brexiter friends won't get the opportunity to murder a mother in the streets again ."

"

Aren't people getting rather worked up & excited

Lancashire

Squeaky bum time

Blantyre

[Removed by poster at 26/02/19 15:56:00]

Blantyre

"Squeaky bum time "

m sure he will be gentle with you but this is a politics thread   

By *oolandsexyCouple  over a year ago

kings lynn

Despite all the eu propaganda the simple process is take money from rich economies pay for poorer economies to improve at our benefit, being in top ten, why would any one except the communist thinkers think this is fair or worthwhile? If we aren’t sending investment funds to poorer and worse economies then surely back on the real world playing field we have more freedom? Yes the Eu is close but it trades with other world economies using container ships etc currently six weeks each way so really where are the trade restrictions? A current one is the lack of investment for places like Felixstowe and Southampton to receive the China container ships direct rather than the smaller shuttles from Holland, but there’s no stitch up there is there? Lol

Just a few different thoughts and no not bothered if you throw comments back lol just passing through ??

yumsville

So Letwin and Cooper have piulled their amendment. Because the possibility of a delay or because the pm advised it could change how the future of parliament works?

By *laytimenowMan  over a year ago

Essex

"Despite all the eu propaganda the simple process is take money from rich economies pay for poorer economies to improve at our benefit, being in top ten, why would any one except the communist thinkers think this is fair or worthwhile? If we aren’t sending investment funds to poorer and worse economies then surely back on the real world playing field we have more freedom? Yes the Eu is close but it trades with other world economies using container ships etc currently six weeks each way so really where are the trade restrictions? A current one is the lack of investment for places like Felixstowe and Southampton to receive the China container ships direct rather than the smaller shuttles from Holland, but there’s no stitch up there is there? Lol

Just a few different thoughts and no not bothered if you throw comments back lol just passing through ??"

Will you feel the same when London breaks away from England & stops subsidising areas like kings lynn. Places in the North, (anywhere outside the M25 & above the thames), that have forever been paid for by the Capitals investments should no longer be restrictive ro the prosperity of London& the south east.

borehamwood

i think you meen the city of london not london.most of greater london is a shit tip and the west end is pretty much like most other tourist places. over priced and not particulary welcoming

"i think you meen the city of london not london.most of greater london is a shit tip and the west end is pretty much like most other tourist places. over priced and not particulary welcoming"

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

"Despite all the eu propaganda the simple process is take money from rich economies pay for poorer economies to improve at our benefit, being in top ten, why would any one except the communist thinkers think this is fair or worthwhile?"

If you improve poorer economies you make the countries more stable and less at risk of war, civil war, etc.

If you make people in poorer countries wealthier it also makes them less likely to come to places like the UK to work - something a lot of people (like you probably) would be very happy about.

And the more strong economies there are, the stronger the world economy is.

The bottom line is that the world is connected, and pulling up the ladder and saying that we only care about ourselves is really really short sighted.

"Despite all the eu propaganda the simple process is take money from rich economies pay for poorer economies to improve at our benefit, being in top ten, why would any one except the communist thinkers think this is fair or worthwhile?

If you improve poorer economies you make the countries more stable and less at risk of war, civil war, etc.

If you make people in poorer countries wealthier it also makes them less likely to come to places like the UK to work - something a lot of people (like you probably) would be very happy about.

And the more strong economies there are, the stronger the world economy is.

The bottom line is that the world is connected, and pulling up the ladder and saying that we only care about ourselves is really really short sighted. "

I think it’s a great plan. Ruin our economy, and then take out place behind Turkey in the queue to rejoin. Then we will be one of the poorer countries and we can avail of “taking money from the richer countries”.

Essex

"i think you meen the city of london not london.most of greater london is a shit tip and the west end is pretty much like most other tourist places. over priced and not particulary welcoming"

Nope i mean London.

8 million Citizens & 12 million population if workers are included.

Essex

London’s thriving economy generates a £26.5bn surplus that is recycled by the government to provide financial help to Britain’s less well-off regions, according to an official breakdown of the public finances.

The first attempt by the Office for National Statistics to break down the UK’s budget deficit by region has demonstrated the importance of the capital and highlighted how taxes and public spending are used to narrow the north-south divide.

Experimental data from the ONS showed that only three regions of the UK – London, the south-east and the east of England – ran a budget surplus in the 2015-16 financial year, the latest year for which figures are available.

If London subsidises the rest of the UK, where does that leave Scotland? | Nils Pratley

Every Londoner provided £3,070 more in tax revenues than they received in public spending, while people living in the south-east ran a surplus of £1,670 per head. The east of England turned a small deficit in 2014-15 into a surplus of £242 per head in 2015-16.

By contrast, spending exceeded tax revenues by £5,440 per head in Northern Ireland and by £3,820 in the orth-east. Scotland, which has seen its public finances badly affected by the plunge in global oil prices, ran a deficit of £2,830 a head.

oldham

"

Aren't people getting rather worked up & excited "

I just like taking the piss out of those cheats liars and thieves.

Those who have double standards.

Those who can give it out but can't take it.

Shame

Oh and I wouldn't say the people who rioted are terrorists like the last gentleman stated.

More like freedom fighters.

Freedom from the tyrannical fascists who want to overturn a democratic vote.

So in the words of the great Al Bundy

Let's rock

oldham

"London’s thriving economy generates a £26.5bn surplus that is recycled by the government to provide financial help to Britain’s less well-off regions, according to an official breakdown of the public finances.

The first attempt by the Office for National Statistics to break down the UK’s budget deficit by region has demonstrated the importance of the capital and highlighted how taxes and public spending are used to narrow the north-south divide.

Experimental data from the ONS showed that only three regions of the UK – London, the south-east and the east of England – ran a budget surplus in the 2015-16 financial year, the latest year for which figures are available.

If London subsidises the rest of the UK, where does that leave Scotland? | Nils Pratley

Every Londoner provided £3,070 more in tax revenues than they received in public spending, while people living in the south-east ran a surplus of £1,670 per head. The east of England turned a small deficit in 2014-15 into a surplus of £242 per head in 2015-16.

By contrast, spending exceeded tax revenues by £5,440 per head in Northern Ireland and by £3,820 in the orth-east. Scotland, which has seen its public finances badly affected by the plunge in global oil prices, ran a deficit of £2,830 a head.

"

Typical southern shandy drinking gentleman.

We used to call them meeeeepers.

Running round shouting me me me me.

Everything's about me.

Despite popular belief the world does not revolve around London.

Would you be making reparations for all the monies and goods you have stolen over the years.

Will the London Banks give back the money they owe the people of the UK.

Just short of £40000 and change per person over 16.

The thieving bastards are still doing it now.

They nearly broke the country and where still getting bonuses.

Thanks again

"London’s thriving economy generates a £26.5bn surplus that is recycled by the government to provide financial help to Britain’s less well-off regions, according to an official breakdown of the public finances.

Everything's about me.

Would you be making reparations for all the monies and goods you have stolen over the years.

Thanks again"

London banks. Like Royal Bank of Scotland. Edinburgh.

oldham

Everything's about me.

Thanks again"

I forgot

More murders

More stabbing

More gang and drug related murder.

More terrorist incidents

And it's still a shit hole.

Some say you can't polish a turd but they are having a good go.

Keep your money.

oldham

Everything's about me.

Thanks again

London banks. Like Royal Bank of Scotland. Edinburgh. "

Have another look

I've lived up north and your water tastes funny .I am now guessing there is something in the water,after reading your comments..

oldham

Everything's about me.

Thanks again

Have another look "

Bollocks

Your right

I apologise.

But this was only one of the banks that tried breaking the country.

oldham

"I've lived up north and your water tastes funny .I am now guessing there is something in the water,after reading your comments.. "

You mean I don't have to descale my kettle every time I want a brew.

Maybe your brains getting all that scaling on it

borehamwood

"i think you meen the city of london not london.most of greater london is a shit tip and the west end is pretty much like most other tourist places. over priced and not particulary welcoming

Nope i mean London.

8 million Citizens & 12 million population if workers are included."

i do know what london is im about 500 meters from living in a london bourogh.yea great place.you have the city and canary wharf creating billions yet 3 1/2 miles away you have some of the most deprived areas tower hamlets dalston plaistow so yea the city really shares the wealth cant even help there nearest neighbours.but hey poor people dont matter eh

"I've lived up north and your water tastes funny .I am now guessing there is something in the water,after reading your comments..

Maybe your brains getting all that scaling on it "

We are so rich down here we throw away a kettle a week .

Everything's about me.

Thanks again

Have another look

Bollocks

Your right

I apologise.

"

I don’t recall the details, but according to wiki it was RBS and Lloyd’s. So 50% (by banks if not bail out).

oldham

Everything's about me.

Thanks again

Have another look

Bollocks

Your right

I apologise.

I don’t recall the details, but according to wiki it was RBS and Lloyd’s. So 50% (by banks if not bail out). "

Ah wiki.

Where anyone can alter anything.

Essex

Everything's about me.

Thanks again"

Meepers ? Great word

Sounds like the perfect way to discribe brexiteers

Why should we give those poor feckers anything

Keep it all for us.

oldham

"I've lived up north and your water tastes funny .I am now guessing there is something in the water,after reading your comments..

We are so rich down here we throw away a kettle a week . "

Lucky bastards.

I haven't had electricity since I come up back up north.

We have to get whippet running around on a wheel to get our electric.

I have gone through 5 this week, but at least the local take away has proper meat this week.

Have the southerns tried wind power as the seem to be full of it.

Cannock

We are so rich down here we throw away a kettle a week . "

So much for saving the planet. I thought you were a green party voter?

oldham

Everything's about me.

Thanks again

Meepers ? Great word

Sounds like the perfect way to discribe brexiteers

Why should we give those poor feckers anything

Keep it all for us."

Yes let them eat cake

Essex

"i think you meen the city of london not london.most of greater london is a shit tip and the west end is pretty much like most other tourist places. over priced and not particulary welcoming

Nope i mean London.

i do know what london is im about 500 meters from living in a london bourogh.yea great place.you have the city and canary wharf creating billions yet 3 1/2 miles away you have some of the most deprived areas tower hamlets dalston plaistow so yea the city really shares the wealth cant even help there nearest neighbours.but hey poor people dont matter eh"

Its like brexit where you dont want to help neighbours is

Not the same as London leaving England & not helpin its neighbours.

As for those who are poor

There are more food banks being filled by the wealthier

In London , more charities , more help than anywhere else.

To say drugs are a biggernproblem here than anywhere else is a joke .

Our Drug dealers arent wearing baseball caps & shell suits

They are wearing designer label suits with baseball caps .

oldham

Nope i mean London.

i do know what london is im about 500 meters from living in a london bourogh.yea great place.you have the city and canary wharf creating billions yet 3 1/2 miles away you have some of the most deprived areas tower hamlets dalston plaistow so yea the city really shares the wealth cant even help there nearest neighbours.but hey poor people dont matter eh

"

Have you been at that nasty powder again.

The powder your using is supposed to be mixed with water and used on the walls.

You have got the wrong sort of crack

Essex

Everything's about me.

Thanks again

London banks. Like Royal Bank of Scotland. Edinburgh. "

The BankofLondon (some joker called it the bank of England )

Has underwritten £300 billion for quantative easing to allow the Sorry Northerners who voted Brexit the ability to fu*k the Country up.

I say cut them loose & leave London & the South East to itself

& up there to there empty coal mines & steelworks .

Cannock

Nope i mean London.

"

Maybe they're also giving the hopeless London mayor Sadiq Khan a few backhanders in big brown envelopes to turn a blind eye to all the knife crime in London too eh?

By *oubepoMan  over a year ago

Spain Portugal France

The UK will still leave with a ‘no deal’ or something very, similar, it will just be deferred for 2 or 3 months

As for a second referendum - It’s never going to happen - just join the dots

Essex

"The UK will still leave with a ‘no deal’ or something very, similar, it will just be deferred for 2 or 3 months

As for a second referendum - It’s never going to happen - just join the dots "

It wont .

Politicians do not want it therefore it will not happen.

They have the power & the Sovereignty

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"The UK will still leave with a ‘no deal’ or something very, similar, it will just be deferred for 2 or 3 months

No we won't..

Pretty much the one thing there is a majority for in Parliament across all parties is that there will be no leaving without a deal, if its a clear cut choice between a no deal or no brexit the latter will happen..

oldham

It wont .

Politicians do not want it therefore it will not happen.

They have the power & the Sovereignty "

No they don't.

The Queen has the power and the soverinty

The power is given to the politicians by the people.

Same as the Police.

They Police by consent and by the will of the people

oldham

Nope i mean London.

Maybe they're also giving the hopeless London mayor Sadiq Khan a few backhanders in big brown envelopes to turn a blind eye to all the knife crime in London too eh? "

A few back handers ??

Allegedally it seems he has had so much he has offered to pay for the refurb of Buckingham palace by himself. In fivers.

Either that he is so incompetent

Well we won't go there.

thornaby

Everything's about me.

Thanks again

Has underwritten £300 billion for quantative easing to allow the Sorry Northerners who voted Brexit the ability to fu*k the Country up.

& up there to there empty coal mines & steelworks .fucking hell if you can get that on a ballot paper more in the north would vote for that than they did brexit now stop talking like that getting us thick poor ppl all excited iv just had to crack a wank of there ya fucking cock tease lol

"

oldham

Everything's about me.

Thanks again

& up there to there empty coal mines & steelworks .

"

With whose money ??

Cannock

I'm kind of hoping that it gets delayed long enough now that the UK has to vote in the European MEP elections in May. I think the 2 main parties (Lab/Con) would take an absolute pasting at the polls.

It would be great to see Nigel Farage's new Brexit party and ukip doing very well again (as they won the last European MEP elections in the UK in 2014).

I think that would be a real wake up call to the 2 main parties to get this exit from the EU over with.

By *ethnmelvCouple  over a year ago

Chudleigh

I'm kind of hoping that it gets delayed long enough now that the UK has to vote in the European MEP elections in May. I think the 2 main parties (Lab/Con) would take an absolute pasting at the polls.

It would be great to see Nigel Farage's new Brexit party and ukip doing very well again (as they won the last European MEP elections in the UK in 2014).

I think that would be a real wake up call to the 2 main parties to get this exit from the EU over with. "

Or even funnier, Farage loses his deposit! Now that would be worth seeing

Cannock

I think that would be a real wake up call to the 2 main parties to get this exit from the EU over with.

Or even funnier, Farage loses his deposit! Now that would be worth seeing "

Wouldn't happen he'd be guaranteed to win a seat. I think Leave voting Conservatives and Leave voting Labour supporters are so utterly pissed off now with the way the 2 main parties are going about this, ukip and the Brexit party would get their votes in the MEP elections in May.

Chudleigh

Wouldn't happen he'd be guaranteed to win a seat. I think Leave voting Conservatives and Leave voting Labour supporters are so utterly pissed off now with the way the 2 main parties are going about this, ukip and the Brexit party would get their votes in the MEP elections in May. "

But it would still be really funny, especially as he has conveniently forgotten that if Remain had won 52/48, then he’d still be campaigning for a subsequent re run of the Referendum. What a total cock

oldham

Or even funnier, Farage loses his deposit! Now that would be worth seeing "

I would be more worried about Labour and the Conservative party if I was you.

At the next election they are both going to get traced.

It's going to be funny

oldham

It's going to be funny "

Sorry I meant tranced

Chudleigh

It's going to be funny

Sorry I meant tranced "

Or even trounced? They all deserve it, but the majority of the population are pretty centrist, so we don’t need salvation from either the loony left or loony right - if anything has been learnt in the past 3 years, it is that extremist politics do not hold the support of the majority.

oldham

It's going to be funny

Sorry I meant tranced

Or even trounced? They all deserve it, but the majority of the population are pretty centrist, so we don’t need salvation from either the loony left or loony right - if anything has been learnt in the past 3 years, it is that extremist politics do not hold the support of the majority."

My speak and spell machine is getting worse.

You are correct and the vast majority of the country is quiet tollerent and centrist.

But keep pushing them.

We seem to be getting less tollerent as we are having the piss taken out of us

Essex

Nope i mean London.

Maybe they're also giving the hopeless London mayor Sadiq Khan a few backhanders in big brown envelopes to turn a blind eye to all the knife crime in London too eh? "

What are you talking about

2019 london 11 murders.

2019 birmingham 14 murders.

Total defeat with an argument from the northern carrot crunch brigade .

Essex

Everything's about me.

Thanks again

I forgot

More murders

More stabbing

More gang and drug related murder.

More terrorist incidents

And it's still a shit hole.

Some say you can't polish a turd but they are having a good go.

Keep your money."

Fewer Peter Sutcliffes

Fewer Cyril Smiths

Fewer Jimmy Savilles

Fewer Barry Bennels

Bit of a northern trend that .

I never noticed it until now

Damn !!

Essex

Rotherham Rochdale

Those grooming gangs would never have happened down Sarf !!

oldham

Nope i mean London.

Maybe they're also giving the hopeless London mayor Sadiq Khan a few backhanders in big brown envelopes to turn a blind eye to all the knife crime in London too eh?

What are you talking about

2019 london 11 murders.

2019 birmingham 14 murders.

Total defeat with an argument from the northern carrot crunch brigade ."

t

The amount of stabbing using a bladed weapon from this time to a year ago was over 40000.

Really not a figure I would be chuffed with.

A new Olympics sport stabbing your fellow human.

Something London can be proud of.