FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Spot the difference.

Spot the difference.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ross-eyed Mary OP   Man  over a year ago

Salisbury

I see plenty of accusations on here of people being far right wing, so I'm wondering, what's the difference between right wing, and far right wing? The way it's thrown around on here some how cheapens it.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I’d consider someone rightwing I they supported a party or its policy in favour of big business over what’s good for the people. IE Conservatives and or Brexit.

I’d consider someone far right if they supported a party whose main focus is race-hate. Such as UKIP, BNP, EDL etc. That includes some, but not all, of the more extreme Brexit element. Those who complain about immigration, those who support Tommy Robinson, those who complain about Muslims.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

There is little or no difference between extreme left or right wing.They are excuses to find ways to control the minds of the people.They will use evtreme methods to control society.Both believe in control by the state they both use different methods of doing this but it is about control.

upton wirral

"I’d consider someone rightwing I they supported a party or its policy in favour of big business over what’s good for the people. IE Conservatives and or Brexit.

I’d consider someone far right if they supported a party whose main focus is race-hate. Such as UKIP, BNP, EDL etc. That includes some, but not all, of the more extreme Brexit element. Those who complain about immigration, those who support Tommy Robinson, those who complain about Muslims. "

You are an extremists I feel

"I’d consider someone rightwing I they supported a party or its policy in favour of big business over what’s good for the people. IE Conservatives and or Brexit.

I’d consider someone far right if they supported a party whose main focus is race-hate. Such as UKIP, BNP, EDL etc. That includes some, but not all, of the more extreme Brexit element. Those who complain about immigration, those who support Tommy Robinson, those who complain about Muslims. You are an extremists I feel"

Would you consider me extreme left or extreme right?

I’ll say, I don’t ever feeling like spitting all over people who disagree with me. Does that make me less extreme than you, or has no impact on my extremety factor?

upton wirral

Well fair point,you seem quick to condemn people who maybe support UKIP,ok maybe some raceist there,yet you do not condemn Labour supporters some of which are also racsist.YOu only condemn the right side of extremism but not the left side.

People voted brexit for many different reasons and the majority did not have extreme views.You think we should all think like you I feel

"Well fair point,you seem quick to condemn people who maybe support UKIP,ok maybe some raceist there,yet you do not condemn Labour supporters some of which are also racsist.YOu only condemn the right side of extremism but not the left side.

People voted brexit for many different reasons and the majority did not have extreme views.You think we should all think like you I feel"

Sure I would, although Labour have some problems with some bigots, but for UKIP, EDL etc, it’s their main focus.

Sure people voted Brexit for a million and one different reasons.

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

"Well fair point,you seem quick to condemn people who maybe support UKIP,ok maybe some raceist there,yet you do not condemn Labour supporters some of which are also racsist.YOu only condemn the right side of extremism but not the left side.

People voted brexit for many different reasons and the majority did not have extreme views.You think we should all think like you I feel

Sure I would, although Labour have some problems with some bigots, but for UKIP, EDL etc, it’s their main focus.

Sure people voted Brexit for a million and one different reasons."

Saying the main focus of ukip is racism is like saying the main focus of Labour is antisemitism, it's ridiculous. For the record the main focus of ukip is to Leave the EU, and the main focus of Labour is not antisemitism.

By *ethnmelvCouple  over a year ago

Chudleigh

Saying the main focus of ukip is racism is like saying the main focus of Labour is antisemitism, it's ridiculous. For the record the main focus of ukip is to Leave the EU, and the main focus of Labour is not antisemitism. "

As UKIP attracts the EDL you do have to wonder whether Brexit is the real driving force...

Cannock

Saying the main focus of ukip is racism is like saying the main focus of Labour is antisemitism, it's ridiculous. For the record the main focus of ukip is to Leave the EU, and the main focus of Labour is not antisemitism.

As UKIP attracts the EDL you do have to wonder whether Brexit is the real driving force..."

Corbyn has attracted the support of the KKK, they're on record saying they support his leadership of the Labour party, have you then deduced from your amazing powers of observation or wondered what the real driving force of Corbyn's leadership of the Labour party is?

By *avidnsa69Man  over a year ago

Essex

Saying the main focus of ukip is racism is like saying the main focus of Labour is antisemitism, it's ridiculous. For the record the main focus of ukip is to Leave the EU, and the main focus of Labour is not antisemitism. "

UKIP's focus used to be Brexit. Now it is infested with racists and islamaphobes. Most UKIP MEPs have deserted the party and all that's left is a rebadged BNP/EDL shower

By *andS66Couple  over a year ago

Derby

I’d consider someone far right if they supported a party whose main focus is race-hate. Such as UKIP, BNP, EDL etc. That includes some, but not all, of the more extreme Brexit element. Those who complain about immigration, those who support Tommy Robinson, those who complain about Muslims. "

So you're right wing if you support big business or brexit? Isn't big business generally against brexit?

What was Labour's stand on the EU in their manifesto- for Brexit or Remain?

And people who just complain about immigration are far-right wing? Really?

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Newbury

I’d consider someone far right if they supported a party whose main focus is race-hate. Such as UKIP, BNP, EDL etc. That includes some, but not all, of the more extreme Brexit element. Those who complain about immigration, those who support Tommy Robinson, those who complain about Muslims.

So you're right wing if you support big business or brexit? Isn't big business generally against brexit?

And people who just complain about immigration are far-right wing? Really?"

Quite.

I'd say you were pretty right wing if you supported a semi democratic agent of globalism, ie the EU.

I'm still baffled at how supposedly left wing people can support the EU project.

The thread will attract the far right as can be seen and you can then sort the wheat from the chaff..Job done

By *nleashedCrakenMan  over a year ago

Widnes

Quite.

I'd say you were pretty right wing if you supported a semi democratic agent of globalism, ie the EU.

I'm still baffled at how supposedly left wing people can support the EU project."

I thought you originally voted Remain. I may be wrong but if so why are you baffled now by left wing people backing Remain?

Quite.

I'm still baffled at how supposedly left wing people can support the EU project."

My guess is redistribution of wealth, workers rights and equal opportunities.

But as it is at an Eu rather than uk level, many labour voters are now the “givers”

Not the “takers” so have had their policial motivations tested ...

Salisbury

And people who just complain about immigration are far-right wing? Really?"

The paradox....! Hence the Tory party fucking up brexit. They don't want it. Immigration is great for cheap labour. And large corporations love the EU. Winner winner.

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

It's the difference between authoritarian and libertarian.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

People who will insult others are probably the only ones whose definition of it matters - they are perhaps not even being literal in their choice of words.

I also think that our perspective will be influenced by our individual position upon the left to right wing spectrum. Our own positions are often contextual too.

Ultimately someone's understanding of another may be expressed as an interpretation. If something is an insult and inappropriate, report it. A lot of what is said here is due to the limited dimensions of a simple text based post, compared to a deeper, multi-level conversation when discussing in person, that's nuanced and driven by

Real-time feedback between each other.

I think it's wise to terminate interaction if it becomes potentially abusive

By *icksoneMan  over a year ago

oldham

"People who will insult others are probably the only ones whose definition of it matters - they are perhaps not even being literal in their choice of words.

I also think that our perspective will be influenced by our individual position upon the left to right wing spectrum. Our own positions are often contextual too.

Ultimately someone's understanding of another may be expressed as an interpretation. If something is an insult and inappropriate, report it. A lot of what is said here is due to the limited dimensions of a simple text based post, compared to a deeper, multi-level conversation when discussing in person, that's nuanced and driven by

"

Dont you mean if you cant get your own way or your bubble gets burst you will take your toys in.

oldham

On that basis I would consider a rascist, anti semitic terroist loving idiot.

Especially if you support labour or as you seem left wing.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"People who will insult others are probably the only ones whose definition of it matters - they are perhaps not even being literal in their choice of words.

Dont you mean if you cant get your own way or your bubble gets burst you will take your toys in."

I don't get your remark, unless that was your response to the Op's question. My post, as responded to, still reflects my position. I think if a thread contains personal insults from others, it's wise not to engage in the same way, as it disrupts mature discussion on the topic. In any event, everyone must adhere to site and forum rules, that we've agreed to and it's commonsense to keep the site tone positive and respectful.

oldham

Dont you mean if you cant get your own way or your bubble gets burst you will take your toys in.

I don't get your remark, unless that was your response to the Op's question. My post, as responded to, still reflects my position. I think if a thread contains personal insults from others, it's wise not to engage in the same way, as it disrupts mature discussion on the topic. In any event, everyone must adhere to site and forum rules, that we've agreed to and it's commonsense to keep the site tone positive and respectful. "

I really think you should look at some of your own condescending posts about others.

oldham

I don't get your remark, unless that was your response to the Op's question. My post, as responded to, still reflects my position. I think if a thread contains personal insults from others, it's wise not to engage in the same way, as it disrupts mature discussion on the topic. In any event, everyone must adhere to site and forum rules, that we've agreed to and it's commonsense to keep the site tone positive and respectful.

I really think you should look at some of your own condescending posts about others.

"

I have a free weekend if you want me to copy and paste everything where you have looked down your nose at others.

I sometimes over use sarcasm to get my point of view across because some people are so wrapped up in there own little click or bubble.

Step outside of your bubble or click.

Surprise surprise some people might have a different opinion other than yours.

Are you hurt because you can not have your own way or some one has an opinion other than yours.

If you have a look at the forum I am quiet outnumbered by other peoples opinions or is that not allowed either.

Does this mean I am not allowed.

I dont use words like nuance and other posh words but I can argue you my point.

If you do not like free and open discussion, well.

Your not yourself when your hungry nick .Have a snickers...

oldham

"Your not yourself when your hungry nick .Have a snickers... "

mmmmm snickers.

I prefer gammon butties.

Still some left from sunday.

mmmmmm gammon

"Your not yourself when your hungry nick .Have a snickers...

mmmmm snickers.

I prefer gammon butties.

mmmmmm gammon"

I've given up meat to save the planet but I like the smell of bacon in the morning..... gammon I always found salty.

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

mmmmm snickers.

I prefer gammon butties.

mmmmmm gammon

I've given up meat to save the planet but I like the smell of bacon in the morning..... gammon I always found salty. "

I respect your dedication to save the planet i could,nt give up bacon sarnies for anything.

oldham

mmmmm snickers.

I prefer gammon butties.

mmmmmm gammon

I've given up meat to save the planet but I like the smell of bacon in the morning..... gammon I always found salty. "

Soak it in water for 30 mins and then cook it.

or put it on a wire plate so some falls out when cooking.

Spoil it all by adding daddies sauce

Newbury

Quite.

I'm still baffled at how supposedly left wing people can support the EU project.

I thought you originally voted Remain. I may be wrong but if so why are you baffled now by left wing people backing Remain?

"

I did- but mostly because the idea of an unfettered Tory government terrified me, not because I'm ideologically behind neoliberalism.

I changed my mind about the vote for wider democratic reasons, which were certainly spurred on by right wing politicians like Tony Blair desperately trying to undermine democracy, and this is what the EU wants.

Quite.

Voting remain isn’t related to supporting the European project. I don’t consider myself left wing. Although have been labelled as such by people here.

"The thread will attract the far right as can be seen and you can then sort the wheat from the chaff..Job done "

The far right generally don’t like to be identified as such.

On that basis I would consider a rascist, anti semitic terroist loving idiot.

Especially if you support labour or as you seem left wing."

Do you want to try again, feels like there is a point hiding in there somewhere.

Newbury

Quite.

Voting remain isn’t related to supporting the European project. I don’t consider myself left wing. Although have been labelled as such by people here."

Well that's kind of my point. The EU project is a pretty right wing thing.

Essex

Quite.

There is no such thing as Lexit. How a few left wingers can believe in it is beyond me

Quite.

Voting remain isn’t related to supporting the European project. I don’t consider myself left wing. Although have been labelled as such by people here.

Well that's kind of my point. The EU project is a pretty right wing thing. "

The EU is a mix of right and left on the economy. Work to promote big business, but also try to spread the wealth to poorer parts.

They Are more left when it comes to workers rights. They're very good on the environment.

They're very right wing when it comes to immigration. See the giant wall the EU funded on the turkey/Syria border.

I could go on. But they have elements of left and of right political policies.

Salisbury

It makes sense to spread wealth to poorer countries. You can't sell BMW's to peasants after all.

Bristol East

Yep, I see Europe as largely centrist.

Committed to the principles of a free market, while at the same time protecting citizens from exploitation of labour and the environment with its social and environmental protections.

"It makes sense to spread wealth to poorer countries. You can't sell BMW's to peasants after all. "

If we go back to the end of WW2 there were only 2 significant car producing countries in the world - USA & UK!

So what went wrong?

"It makes sense to spread wealth to poorer countries. You can't sell BMW's to peasants after all.

If we go back to the end of WW2 there were only 2 significant car producing countries in the world - USA & UK!

So what went wrong?"

We got left behind

Salisbury

"It makes sense to spread wealth to poorer countries. You can't sell BMW's to peasants after all.

So what went wrong?"

Thatcher decided we shouldn't be a manufacturing country, we should concentrate on service industries. Trouble is, there's algorithms that can do all that shit now. I imagine in a few decades you'll be paying your plumber more than an bank clerk, or software engineer.

So what went wrong?

Thatcher decided we shouldn't be a manufacturing country, we should concentrate on service industries. Trouble is, there's algorithms that can do all that shit now. I imagine in a few decades you'll be paying your plumber more than an bank clerk, or software engineer. "

I'm in the building trade we call it the age of the golden trowel..

near ipswich

So what went wrong?

Thatcher decided we shouldn't be a manufacturing country, we should concentrate on service industries. Trouble is, there's algorithms that can do all that shit now. I imagine in a few decades you'll be paying your plumber more than an bank clerk, or software engineer. "

I think a plumber earns more than a bank clerk now.You have to adapt to a changing landscape and get in with the current trend.For example no good being a chimney sweep if no one has a coal fire anymore.When i was young the money was in oil so i got into the oil industry.

Newbury

Quite.

There is no such thing as Lexit. How a few left wingers can believe in it is beyond me"

The left have been critical of the EU project for decades....

Quite.

There is no such thing as Lexit. How a few left wingers can believe in it is beyond me

The left have been critical of the EU project for decades...."

Sure, and voting leave doesn’t help to fix the EU, and doesn’t benefit the uk in any way.

So very few on the left voted leave.

oldham

I’d consider someone far right if they supported a party whose main focus is race-hate. Such as UKIP, BNP, EDL etc. That includes some, but not all, of the more extreme Brexit element. Those who complain about immigration, those who support Tommy Robinson, those who complain about Muslims. You are an extremists I feel

I’ll say, I don’t ever feeling like spitting all over people who disagree with me. Does that make me less extreme than you, or has no impact on my extremety factor?

"

I stopped off in Moston in Manchester last month at one of the butty shops I use to go to in my teens.

Bloody hell over thirty years ago.

As I went in the shop for a brew there was a sign in the window of the shop next door.

No whites allowed.

4 shops in Moston have been given Police warnings for such signs.

There has always been discrimination of one sort of another.

When I first went to Cambridge the lady in the house next to me said.

Oh we don't speak to him he comes from the North.

I retorted what is a southerns idea of fore play.

Are you awake mother i said.

She never spoke to me in the next 5 years I was there.

I have always questioned general buffoonery where ever it comes from no matter the race or sex.

If you think some of my comments could be deemed as right wing/ racist you want to here some of the shit I give to the Police or even my MP.

No one gets an easy ride if they have done something daft in my opinion.

Blunt till the day I die.

Newbury

Quite.

Sure, and voting leave doesn’t help to fix the EU, and doesn’t benefit the uk in any way.

So very few on the left voted leave. "

Vast swathes of the Labour heartlands voted leave.

You can't fix the EU if it's not accountable.

Newbury

I’d consider someone far right if they supported a party whose main focus is race-hate. Such as UKIP, BNP, EDL etc. That includes some, but not all, of the more extreme Brexit element. Those who complain about immigration, those who support Tommy Robinson, those who complain about Muslims. You are an extremists I feel

I stopped off in Moston in Manchester last month at one of the butty shops I use to go to in my teens.

As I went in the shop for a brew there was a sign in the window of the shop next door.

No whites allowed.

I have always questioned general buffoonery where ever it comes from no matter the race or sex.

If you think some of my comments could be deemed as right wing/ racist you want to here some of the shit I give to the Police or even my MP.

"

We had a bit of that when we first moved down from Salford.

I just assumed that they were jealous.

Bristol East

"

You can't fix the EU if it's not accountable."

It's accountable to 500 million people.

You're upset that 65 million of them can't get their own way.

Ever wonder why?

Quite.

So very few on the left voted leave.

Vast swathes of the Labour heartlands voted leave.

You can't fix the EU if it's not accountable."

Now we’re getting closer to the point. So assuming some labour supporters are leavers. What’s going on there?

Are they genuinely lefty types? And/Or what factors have convinced to vote leave. What made them vote against their own interests. There are no benefits for these people, so something got them to vote leave.

oldham

No whites allowed.

We had a bit of that when we first moved down from Salford.

I just assumed that they were jealous. "

I am not too sure but at 21 I just filed it under 'wankers'

People are weird and always will be.

near ipswich

Quite.

So very few on the left voted leave. "

Do you really believe that? 60% of labour constituencies voted leave and cant see any right wing people ever voting for corbyn.

Quite.

So very few on the left voted leave. Do you really believe that? 60% of labour constituencies voted leave and cant see any right wing people ever voting for corbyn."

Assuming your stat is correct . Then some labour voters wanted to leave the EU. So that raises the question why, when there’s literally no benefit to them?

What caused them to vote leave?

near ipswich

Quite.

So very few on the left voted leave. Do you really believe that? 60% of labour constituencies voted leave and cant see any right wing people ever voting for corbyn.

Assuming your stat is correct . Then some labour voters wanted to leave the EU. So that raises the question why, when there’s literally no benefit to them?

What caused them to vote leave?"

well yes it is correct not hard to find from the office of national statistics.No idea mate im a tory best ask them.

Essex

Quite.

The left have been critical of the EU project for decades...."

Some of the left ( a very small minority)

Essex

Quite.

So very few on the left voted leave. Do you really believe that? 60% of labour constituencies voted leave and cant see any right wing people ever voting for corbyn."

Over 2/3rds of Labour voters voted Remain

Salisbury

Quite.

I don't think Dave counts working class labour voters as proper "lefties", so they dont really count. Which is probably exactly why so many of them voted leave...

near ipswich

Quite.

So very few on the left voted leave. Do you really believe that? 60% of labour constituencies voted leave and cant see any right wing people ever voting for corbyn.

I don't think Dave counts working class labour voters as proper "lefties", so they dont really count. Which is probably exactly why so many of them voted leave... "

ahhh makes sense.

Only the greens are the proper lefties .Me and Davemover are greens.

I've not seen any other green voters in here for a long time .

Lots of plastic lefties...

Quite.

I don't think Dave counts working class labour voters as proper "lefties", so they dont really count. Which is probably exactly why so many of them voted leave... ahhh makes sense."

Random assumption.

"Only the greens are the proper lefties .Me and Davemover are greens.

I've not seen any other green voters in here for a long time .

Lots of plastic lefties... "

I’m a biodegradable leftie

Salisbury

So basically, if you voted leave, and support brexit. You're "far right".

Cannock

Quite.

Over 2/3rds of Labour voters voted Remain"

And 2/3rds of Labour constituencies voted Leave.

Quite.

Over 2/3rds of Labour voters voted Remain

And 2/3rds of Labour constituencies voted Leave. "

That’s the joy of first past the post !

1/3rd labour plus a good chunk or tories plus others 50%.

The Eu is a mixture of left wing and right wing. It’s why it’s seen as both being run by big business, yet brexit being a rich man’s positive. It’s why Corbin is looking to bolster Mays deal with worker protection.

Because of this, you can lean either way and vote either way depending on what you focus on and what you prioritise.

But why did so many labour supporters vote leave?

The cynical part of me thinks some labour voters aren’t left wing at heart. Just beneficiaries of left wing policies. They “benefit” from the distribution of wealth, so are happy. But may not but into the philosophical and sociatal benefits. And so when faced with now having their wealth distributed (to poorer Eu countries) they vote in their own see interest (at least from a headline point of view)

I think some buy into the “sovereignty” arguments the same way other (more right wing) supporters do. I don’t see this as being a wing thing.

I also think the leave campaign did a better job at focussing on easy to understand ideas (NHS) rather than more disconnected ideas (GDP).

upton wirral

Very well put Centeur

upton wirral

"So basically, if you voted leave, and support brexit. You're "far right". "
Strange how many labour areas voted for brexit then

near ipswich

"So basically, if you voted leave, and support brexit. You're "far right". Strange how many labour areas voted for brexit then"
I had this conversation earlier in the thread but it just doesn't sink in.

Salisbury

"So basically, if you voted leave, and support brexit. You're "far right". Strange how many labour areas voted for brexit thenI had this conversation earlier in the thread but it just doesn't sink in. "

Doesn't fit the loony left rhetoric.

"So basically, if you voted leave, and support brexit. You're "far right". Strange how many labour areas voted for brexit thenI had this conversation earlier in the thread but it just doesn't sink in.

Doesn't fit the loony left rhetoric."

Just so we’re clear, no one said leavers are “far right”. You made that up. Then you labelled none brexiteers “loony left”.

That’s the current situation.

"So basically, if you voted leave, and support brexit. You're "far right". Strange how many labour areas voted for brexit then"
First past the post means you often have the largest minority. So every labour voter can vote remain but the constituency can be leave.

Salisbury

"So basically, if you voted leave, and support brexit. You're "far right". Strange how many labour areas voted for brexit thenI had this conversation earlier in the thread but it just doesn't sink in.

Doesn't fit the loony left rhetoric.

Just so we’re clear, no one said leavers are “far right”. You made that up. Then you labelled none brexiteers “loony left”.

That’s the current situation.

"

Hmmmm, maybe you should read your posts in the Leave means leave march thread.

» Add a new message to this topic