FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Should Chris Williamson have been suspended?

Should Chris Williamson have been suspended?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Does his suspension demonstrate zero tolerance of anti-Semitism or is just shutting down discussion re racism and anti-semitism v anti Isreal/pro Palestine?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

It's not his first offence. Williamson is a notorious "Jew baiter"!

By *ou only live onceMan  over a year ago

London

"Does his suspension demonstrate zero tolerance of anti-Semitism or is just shutting down discussion re racism and anti-semitism v anti Isreal/pro Palestine?"

...I'm not sure it's an attempt to shut anything down. He wasn't even trying to make a point about whether one can support Palestine without being anti-Semitic (which one obviously can), but was saying Labour had been "too apologetic" over anti-Semitism in the party - i.e. there wasn't necessarily a problem, where I think most people agree it had been, and has not been dealt with seriously enough (imho).

'Deliberately provocative' was how Tom Watson described it, I think, which is right; and certainly ill-judged and I think they've done the right thing...

By *avidnsa69Man  over a year ago

Essex

He's an idiot with plenty of previous offences to his name. he needs booting out of the party

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

"He's an idiot with plenty of previous offences to his name. he needs booting out of the party"
Keep him in hes the best thing for the tories since corbyn took over.

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

I don't know much about Chris Williamson - I had never heard of him until this story broke, so my first impression of him forever will be one stained with anti-semitism.

But I do think Tom Watson is emerging as someone prepared to grasp the nettle, much more so than his boss.

By *wosmilersCouple  over a year ago

Heathrowish

"I don't know much about Chris Williamson - I had never heard of him until this story broke, so my first impression of him forever will be one stained with anti-semitism.

But I do think Tom Watson is emerging as someone prepared to grasp the nettle, much more so than his boss.

"

This is the crux of the matter. Leadership is being shown, but only as high as the Deputy.

If the Leader cannot lead his party, then what are his credentials for number 10?

Bristol East

"

This is the crux of the matter. Leadership is being shown, but only as high as the Deputy.

If the Leader cannot lead his party, then what are his credentials for number 10?"

Corbyn is a campaigner, but on this issue he is demonstrating the gulf between leadership and campaigning.

He opposes the oppression of ordinary Palestinian people and that is a wholly legitimate stance to take.

But his empathy for the Palestinian people creates a blind spot towards those who express hatred towards Jews in general.

That suggests a lack of strategic thinking about the skills required to facilitate a resolution of the conflict.

His is a mindset reared on campaigning, not leadership.

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

"

If the Leader cannot lead his party, then what are his credentials for number 10?

Corbyn is a campaigner, but on this issue he is demonstrating the gulf between leadership and campaigning.

He opposes the oppression of ordinary Palestinian people and that is a wholly legitimate stance to take.

But his empathy for the Palestinian people creates a blind spot towards those who express hatred towards Jews in general.

That suggests a lack of strategic thinking about the skills required to facilitate a resolution of the conflict.

His is a mindset reared on campaigning, not leadership."

Think you have hit the nail on the head sarah very good at opposing everything but not much idea on how to solve things,hence sitting on the fence all through brexit and now painting himself into a corner for a second referendum which he really does,nt want.

Bristol East

Whoever wins an election in this country gets to ride a horse called the Establishment.

The Establishment itself is a collection of powerful people.

They allowed it to be steered a little to the left, or a little further to the right, before the jockey gets changed.

Corbyn is anti-establishment basically, be it the establishment of this country or any other.

His premiership would be one of constant conflict, a perpetual tug-of-war with the powers that be.

The outcome would be government by an increasingly paranoid clique of Corbynistas.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I thought everyone is against the status quote and the establishment.Isnt brexit anti establishment??

Tommy is anti establishment

Ukip is anti establishment

Even trump is anti establishment

If JC put on a high vis yellow vest would that be more palatable.Or would the establishment make sure the revolution isn't televised...??

Bristol East

Brexit means, um, Brexit

» Add a new message to this topic