FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > 33 million

33 million

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ensualtouch15 OP   Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

I'm sure euro tunnel will kindly donate this utterly needless compensation back to the NHS where is is much needed x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Just another Government fuck up to go with the rest

TaKiNG baCK C0trOOOL

Chris grayling is quite possibly the most incompetent minister ever.

The list of fuck ups he oversaw is quite unbelievable...

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

"Chris grayling is quite possibly the most incompetent minister ever.

The list of fuck ups he oversaw is quite unbelievable... "

Got to agree with you there should never be let loose with gov money ever again.

By *rench letterCouple  over a year ago

Chorley,

Another Brexit waste of money. Don't how much now has been wasted on something that's going cost everyone and the country money.

Brexiters will be pleased.

It certainly has nothing to do with brexit

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

"Another Brexit waste of money. Don't how much now has been wasted on something that's going cost everyone and the country money.

Brexiters will be pleased. "

Why would brexiters be happy? im one and i think the guy is a total liability hes responsible for the lose in the justice dept too (which is not to do with brexit) and as far as i can see couldn't run a piss up in a brewery.

"Another Brexit waste of money. Don't how much now has been wasted on something that's going cost everyone and the country money.

Brexiters will be pleased. Why would brexiters be happy? im one and i think the guy is a total liability hes responsible for the lose in the justice dept too (which is not to do with brexit) and as far as i can see couldn't run a piss up in a brewery."

He should be moved to minister for brexit as nobody can fuck that up anymore even if they tried..

On a positive note he makes all other ministers look absolutely awesome.. I'm guessing that's why he's been a minister since 2012

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Failing Grayling just does not sum up his list of total fuck ups..

What ryhmes with sheer incompetence..?

Was he also the minister for justice for the period that the NAO are now saying there was a fuck up which looks to have cost at least £500 million?

By *ross-eyed MaryMan  over a year ago

Salisbury

He's like the Tory party's answer to Diane Abbott!! well, nearly.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

And he's the muppet who nodded through the changes to rail timetables last year which were a shambles..

Blokes a tool..

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"I'm sure euro tunnel will kindly donate this utterly needless compensation back to the NHS where is is much needed x"

this isn't eurotunnels fault... it is this governments!

1) why should they.... they were kept out of bidding for the original extra ferry services because the government kept the bidding process secret (extra ironic because the people who run eurotunnel actually have experience in running ferry services.... but instead the govt gave one contract to people who had never run one in their lives)

2) eurotunnel as part of this agreement have said they will keep extra medical storage available for the nhs when the balls up at dover post brexit happens....

but yeah... sensationalise what has happened here and point fingers for the sake of pointing them.....

the fingers as others have said should be pointed at grayling.... nobody else!

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"He's like the Tory party's answer to Diane Abbott!! well, nearly. "
So very true

By *ensualtouch15 OP   Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"I'm sure euro tunnel will kindly donate this utterly needless compensation back to the NHS where is is much needed x

this isn't eurotunnels fault... it is this governments!

1) why should they.... they were kept out of bidding for the original extra ferry services because the government kept the bidding process secret (extra ironic because the people who run eurotunnel actually have experience in running ferry services.... but instead the govt gave one contract to people who had never run one in their lives)

2) eurotunnel as part of this agreement have said they will keep extra medical storage available for the nhs when the balls up at dover post brexit happens....

but yeah... sensationalise what has happened here and point fingers for the sake of pointing them.....

the fingers as others have said should be pointed at grayling.... nobody else!"

I was being facetious lol

By *laytimenowMan  over a year ago

Essex

"It certainly has nothing to do with brexit "

Theyll Still find away to blame Corbyn & anti-semitism in the Labour party though !

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

"He's like the Tory party's answer to Diane Abbott!! well, nearly. "

WTF! Grayling has now racked up losses of over half a billion pounds of tax payers money (that we know of so far), thats nearly £10 for every man woman and child in the country, can you show me where Diane Abbot has cost the British tax payer anything? Bet you can't.

By *rMrsWestMidsCouple  over a year ago

Dudley

"He's like the Tory party's answer to Diane Abbott!! well, nearly.

WTF! Grayling has now racked up losses of over half a billion pounds of tax payers money (that we know of so far), thats nearly £10 for every man woman and child in the country, can you show me where Diane Abbot has cost the British tax payer anything? Bet you can't."

Will she hasn't got the key to the safe yet but God help us if she did!

moston

"Will she hasn't got the key to the safe yet but God help us if she did!"

Funny how many Tory supporters answer to anyone pointing out how shit the Tories are is to claim that Labour would be worse. This is the same claim Tories have used for the last 100 years and for the last 100 years it has been proven to be nothing more than fear mongering every time Labour have gained power.

By *rMrsWestMidsCouple  over a year ago

Dudley

"Will she hasn't got the key to the safe yet but God help us if she did!

Funny how many Tory supporters answer to anyone pointing out how shit the Tories are is to claim that Labour would be worse. This is the same claim Tories have used for the last 100 years and for the last 100 years it has been proven to be nothing more than fear mongering every time Labour have gained power. "

I'm not a Tory supporter but I can spot a liability when I see one!

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

With a good leader, the government wouldn't sustain so many clearly inept and clueless individuals and certainly wouldn't let them continue after a long series of easily avoidable mistakes. She may feel better, in comparison to these fuckwits.

Provision of a ferry contract, as potential emergency relief for the UK to get medicines, food etc, to a company without any boats - and without any financial backing - should have been absolute reason to sack Grayling. A man with any decency and honour would have resigned. This all reflects this sordid government with a leader who's beyond contempt for what she's enabling the country to suffer.

By *avidnsa69Man  over a year ago

Essex

"He's like the Tory party's answer to Diane Abbott!! well, nearly.

WTF! Grayling has now racked up losses of over half a billion pounds of tax payers money (that we know of so far), thats nearly £10 for every man woman and child in the country, can you show me where Diane Abbot has cost the British tax payer anything? Bet you can't."

To be fair to Grayling, he's consistent. Give him any job to do and he will make a massive balls up of it. He's truly the gift that keeps giving

By *nleashedCrakenMan  over a year ago

Widnes

"Will she hasn't got the key to the safe yet but God help us if she did!

Funny how many Tory supporters answer to anyone pointing out how shit the Tories are is to claim that Labour would be worse. This is the same claim Tories have used for the last 100 years and for the last 100 years it has been proven to be nothing more than fear mongering every time Labour have gained power. "

1974 to 1979?

moston

"1974 to 1979?

"

Here we go again. Are you suggesting that the global recession/depression of the late 70's that was triggered by the OPEC manufactured world oil crisis was Labour's fault? I have heard many Tory shrills make a similar claim about the 2008 global financial crisis caused by banks and insurance companies (mainly US and UK) defrauding the world.

But hey, whats a little distortion of history when we are talking scapegoating social democrats, who want to regulate capitalism, for the consequence worst excesses of unregulated capitalism.

Salisbury

Who deregulated the city?

moston

"Who deregulated the city?"

Thatcher...

Do you remember the Tory mantra of the 80's? Greed is good!

https://youtu.be/gXuRvthgn4U

Salisbury

Naughty Tories.

BBC News - Gordon Brown admits 'big mistake' over banking crisis

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-13032013

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

"Who deregulated the city?

Thatcher...

Do you remember the Tory mantra of the 80's? Greed is good!

https://youtu.be/gXuRvthgn4U"

Thatcher may have started it but it was Gordon Brown as chancellor under the Blair Labour government who took it to a whole new level, exactly as they did with the PFI schemes.

moston

"Thatcher may have started it but it was Gordon Brown as chancellor under the Blair Labour government who took it to a whole new level, exactly as they did with the PFI schemes. "

You are correct about PFI but not about the banks, that was all the Tories doing. In 1997 Blair promised that he would not make any changes to financial services regulations and he kept that promise. In fact throughout the Blair/Brown years the repetitive call from the Tories was for more deregulation and Blair's answer was always the same 'we said no changes to financial regulation, there will be no changes to financial regulations'.

By *nleashedCrakenMan  over a year ago

Widnes

"1974 to 1979?

Here we go again. Are you suggesting that the global recession/depression of the late 70's that was triggered by the OPEC manufactured world oil crisis was Labour's fault? I have heard many Tory shrills make a similar claim about the 2008 global financial crisis caused by banks and insurance companies (mainly US and UK) defrauding the world.

But hey, whats a little distortion of history when we are talking scapegoating social democrats, who want to regulate capitalism, for the consequence worst excesses of unregulated capitalism."

I've never blamed Brown\Blair for the financial crisis in 2008. In fact I've praised Gordon Brown for his actions in pulling together an international response to the crisis and quite possibly avoiding a world wide depression. However I do blame then and their government for not being better prepared to face the crisis when it came. I also don't blame Wilson and Callahan for the oil crisis in 1974/5 but I do blame their government for the winter of discontent in 1978/9 after they had been in power for the better part of 5 years. In a democracy governments have to held to account not only for what they do in line with their manifesto but also for how they prepare for and handle situations that arise that are not of their own making.

Also my answer was to your post

"

...Tories is to claim that Labour would be worse. This is the same claim Tories have used for the last 100 years and for the last 100 years it has been proven to be nothing more than fear mongering every time Labour have gained power.

"

Whether you blame Labour or not the economy was arguably worse in 1979 than in 1974 and definitely worse in 2008 than in 1997. So your argument "[it's] been proven to be nothing more than fear mongering" simply doesn't stand up.

By *bi_AstrayTV/TS  over a year ago

Plymouth

"With a good leader, the government wouldn't sustain so many clearly inept and clueless individuals and certainly wouldn't let them continue after a long series of easily avoidable mistakes. She may feel better, in comparison to these fuckwits.

Provision of a ferry contract, as potential emergency relief for the UK to get medicines, food etc, to a company without any boats - and without any financial backing - should have been absolute reason to sack Grayling. A man with any decency and honour would have resigned. This all reflects this sordid government with a leader who's beyond contempt for what she's enabling the country to suffer."

Surely though, if the goods are held up by customs checks, then they can't be loaded onto the ships... The current amount of ferries are doing just fine, and lets face it the majority of goods are shipped by container vessels to places like Felixstowe... It all just an expensive red herring to show the people they've made "a plan" One that totally ignores the fact that the bottleneck should there be one is not the amount of available shipping options, but the fact that the goods are being held up by customs checks so they can calculate any tariffs due because there is no longer a free trade deal with the EU. The ships won't sail empty, they'll be stuck in ports waiting for cargoes, ships cost tens of thousands a day to run, they don't sail them around empty, the wait until the paying customers and cargoes are loaded... Graying and the rest of the imbeciles really haven't given much thought to this at all.

moston

"Whether you blame Labour or not the economy was arguably worse in 1979 than in 1974 and definitely worse in 2008 than in 1997. So your argument "[it's] been proven to be nothing more than fear mongering" simply doesn't stand up.

"

So you accept that the 2008 financial crisis was beyond the control of the UK government but the government of the day should be held accountable? Same for the mid late 70's global oil crisis?

In that case I guess you are responsible for brexit, after all it was totally beyond your control so now we know who to blame!

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

"

Whether you blame Labour or not the economy was arguably worse in 1979 than in 1974 and definitely worse in 2008 than in 1997. So your argument "[it's] been proven to be nothing more than fear mongering" simply doesn't stand up.

"

The evidence suggests otherwise.

Growth during the 1990s and 2000s was unprecedented.

Average incomes grew 26 per cent in real terms between 1994 and 2004.

In the next 10 years, they grew just two per cent in real terms.

The decade since the 2008 crash has yielded no improvement in income at all - the first time in living memory that people have not become better-off.

That's principally because productivity has remained stagnant, so we we are not earning any more money for the effort we put in.

That, and the fact that a lot of earlier wealth-generation came not from productivity gains but an asset bubble - rising housing prices creating paper millionaires.

By *nglishdoodMan  over a year ago

Morristown

He's at least the most incompetent since the first one...who was run over and killed by Stephenson's Rocket!

» Add a new message to this topic