Nicolae Ceau?escu;

American Fast Food brought by The Colonel;

The only Ronald in popular culture was Reagan and not McDonald;

Marilyn;

Jaguar;

Land Rover;

assassinated President;

assassinated pop star;

And after all this, I asked a neutral European (Belgian) what did his fellow Belgians make of the whole sad and sorry Brexit Drama?

His reply was simple and brutally honest.

In the eyes of Belgians, the British have never really known for sure whether they want to be in or out.

Sums it up really?

Oh, me? my opinion? Well, in some countries wages are higher but taxes are higher. In some countries wages are lower and cost of living is lower.

Discuss.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *lik and PaulCouple  over a year ago

Flagrante

"people still converting purchase prices to Guineas, shillings and farthings"...i still do this

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"So, I'm in my 50s. I left school in the time of a great recession;

Maggie;

Yoppers;

Yuppies;

"get out on your bike if you want to work";

miners strikes;

British Leyland Marinas;

Railways in crisis;

road transport in crisis;

people still converting purchase prices to Guineas, shillings and farthings;

a film called Letter to Brezhnev;

Gorbachev;

Velvet Revolution;

Yugoslavia;

Rita, Sue and Bob Too;

Mrs Beeton & Fanny Craddock;

Nicolae Ceau?escu;

American Fast Food brought by The Colonel;

The only Ronald in popular culture was Reagan and not McDonald;

Marilyn;

Jaguar;

Land Rover;

assassinated President;

assassinated pop star;

And after all this, I asked a neutral European (Belgian) what did his fellow Belgians make of the whole sad and sorry Brexit Drama?

His reply was simple and brutally honest.

In the eyes of Belgians, the British have never really known for sure whether they want to be in or out.

Sums it up really?

Oh, me? my opinion? Well, in some countries wages are higher but taxes are higher. In some countries wages are lower and cost of living is lower.

Discuss."

Discuss what exactly?

By *wosmilersCouple  over a year ago

Heathrowish

Isn't this a lyric from a Billy Joel track?

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

A great post about life,and proves that things happen not all good,there are allways crisis of different kinds.

Life throws lots of thing at you good and bad.

The OP has however come through all this as I have by facing up to things and getting on with life.

You remoaners seem to think that life should just be a bunch of roses well it is not.

Whatever happens we have to exept it and get on with it,and going round moaning and blamimg your problems an others is stupid to be polite.

Years from now brexit will just be another crisis that occurs in your life time,in all our lives.As always the fittest will be ok and the weak will fall by the wayside.This is life,has been from the beginning of time.

Brexit is happening so we all have to get on with our lives and things will be what thwy will be.There will be good and bad from it,winners and losers.

Yes a great post.

who knows what problems lie ahead,they might be a lot more difficult than leaving the EU

"A great post about life,and proves that things happen not all good,there are allways crisis of different kinds.

The OP has however come through all this as I have by facing up to things and getting on with life.

You remoaners seem to think that life should just be a bunch of roses well it is not.

Whatever happens we have to exept it and get on with it,and going round moaning and blamimg your problems an others is stupid to be polite.

Years from now brexit will just be another crisis that occurs in your life time,in all our lives.As always the fittest will be ok and the weak will fall by the wayside.This is life,has been from the beginning of time.

Brexit is happening so we all have to get on with our lives and things will be what thwy will be.There will be good and bad from it,winners and losers.

Yes a great post.

who knows what problems lie ahead,they might be a lot more difficult than leaving the EU

"

Are you real? You are acknowledging Brexit is a bad thing and will be regarded as a crisis in years to come but thing we should just get on with it?

So you voted for a crisis?

So you voted against the bunch of roses?

Nice to see you referencing social Darwinism in there too.

What a Joke of a post.

By *avidnsa69Man  over a year ago

Essex

"A great post about life,and proves that things happen not all good,there are allways crisis of different kinds.

Yes a great post.

"

So national self harm by leaving the EU is just part of life's rich tapestry? For goodness.....

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

Yes a great post.

So national self harm by leaving the EU is just part of life's rich tapestry? For goodness....."

Some may view it as liberating.

Yes a great post.

So national self harm by leaving the EU is just part of life's rich tapestry? For goodness.....Some may view it as liberating. "

I presume only a Masochist would see self harm as liberating.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Yes a great post.

"

You do talk some completely irrelevant twaddle..

Suppose you didn't repeat your desire to spit on others though..

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

Yes a great post.

Are you real? You are acknowledging Brexit is a bad thing and will be regarded as a crisis in years to come but thing we should just get on with it?

What a Joke of a post."

I don't think that's what Emma was saying at all. Former governor of the Bank of England Mervyn King has said people will look back at Brexit in years to come and wonder what all the fuss was about. That suggests no economic crisis will happen when we leave. Just as people look back at the vote to leave in 2016 now and wonder what all the fuss was about. No economic crisis happened when we voted to leave, even though remainers predicted and claimed a leave vote would trigger a deep and immediate recession, a 20% drop on house prices and upto half a million job losses. That remainers actually believed that twaddle is the real joke.

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

Yes a great post.

What a Joke of a post.

I don't think that's what Emma was saying at all. Former governor of the Bank of England Mervyn King has said people will look back at Brexit in years to come and wonder what all the fuss was about. That suggests no economic crisis will happen when we leave. Just as people look back at the vote to leave in 2016 now and wonder what all the fuss was about. No economic crisis happened when we voted to leave, even though remainers predicted and claimed a leave vote would trigger a deep and immediate recession, a 20% drop on house prices and upto half a million job losses. That remainers actually believed that twaddle is the real joke. "

some just thrive on doom and gloom.

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

Yes a great post.

What a Joke of a post.

I don't think that's what Emma was saying at all. Former governor of the Bank of England Mervyn King has said people will look back at Brexit in years to come and wonder what all the fuss was about. That suggests no economic crisis will happen when we leave. Just as people look back at the vote to leave in 2016 now and wonder what all the fuss was about. No economic crisis happened when we voted to leave, even though remainers predicted and claimed a leave vote would trigger a deep and immediate recession, a 20% drop on house prices and upto half a million job losses. That remainers actually believed that twaddle is the real joke. "

The reason that the predictions didn't come true is because the government threw billions of pounds of OUR money at it to prevent the crash. That's all money that was taken off the people in taxation, and was burned just to attempt to maintain the status quo and give the conservative party another couple of years. Billions less that should have been invested in the NHS, infrastructure, pensions. Money that was stolen by brexit.

Yes a great post.

What a Joke of a post.

So you can talk for Emma now. It clearly is what she wrote, I don't care how you interpret it, as for your boring 2016 claims: it's all you have, heard it all before from other leavers, most have actually given up on it because they are starting to see what a shambles Brexit is.

But if you want to go on a March with your mates for 50 quid because we might might not leave on the 29th well, good for you, the sticking point for you is the backstop:that you have won't be needed if the technological solutions you have cited exist. So you are marching against nothing really.

That's pretty silly too.

By *oi_LucyCouple  over a year ago

Barbados

Yes a great post.

What a Joke of a post.

Still beating that dead horse Centy?

Surely there has to be a time at which you are going to just admit that you talk twaddle, right?

As has been pointed out here numerous times, the forecasts you keep referring to were based on A50 being triggered the day after the election. That didn't happen, and the Bank of England put a considerable of money into financial stabilisation.

-Matt

» Add a new message to this topic