FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Brexit - what benefits does it bring? 2

Brexit - what benefits does it bring? 2

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Continued

Centy wrote

"

The financial ones haven't been debunked Andy. If anything it's remainers ridiculous claims that membership of the EU is free has been debunked. The EU membership fee is clearly explained on the full fact website.

"

Who's said the EU membership is free?

Remainers don't say membership is free and if one has then their bang wrong obviously.

I'm sure the way you group remainers in this way you'll be able to link many threads where remainers say EU memberships free.

Or it's more probably your lies and bullshit again.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ony 2016Man  over a year ago

Huddersfield /derby cinemas

Am I allowed to class getting rid of Cameron and Osborne as a brexit benefit ??? No credit to them for what they did , what they caused or what they left behind but at least they've gone

"Am I allowed to class getting rid of Cameron and Osborne as a brexit benefit ??? No credit to them for what they did , what they caused or what they left behind but at least they've gone "

At least it's a valid benefit

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Am I allowed to class getting rid of Cameron and Osborne as a brexit benefit ??? No credit to them for what they did , what they caused or what they left behind but at least they've gone

At least it's a valid benefit "

It’s another benefit that doesn’t actually need brexit to happen.

Brexit will bring no benefit

It will cost us all

This we won get over crap

Should be we all lost get over it

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

"Am I allowed to class getting rid of Cameron and Osborne as a brexit benefit ??? No credit to them for what they did , what they caused or what they left behind but at least they've gone "

No...

They were replaced by May, BoJo and Grayling!

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

"Continued

Centy wrote

The financial ones haven't been debunked Andy. If anything it's remainers ridiculous claims that membership of the EU is free has been debunked. The EU membership fee is clearly explained on the full fact website.

Remainers don't say membership is free and if one has then their bang wrong obviously.

I'm sure the way you group remainers in this way you'll be able to link many threads where remainers say EU memberships free.

Or it's more probably your lies and bullshit again. "

Who said EU membership is free?

That would be the poster called _avidnsa69 on the previous thread who wrote....

"Membership of the EU costs us nothing"

and then in a later post on the thread he wrote again...

"Membership costs the square root of fuck all".

Completely debunked as the membership fee of many billions is clearly laid out on the full fact website.

Wasntbhis point more a) once you account for the benefits, it costs nothing and b) the amount (which he quotes as a % of taxes) is tiny.

You’re quoting him as though he is saying it is literally true, rather than the hyperbole he was using....

If he did literally mean we sent nothing to the EU to start with he is clearly wrong.

"Continued

Centy wrote

Completely debunked as the membership fee of many billions is clearly laid out on the full fact website. "

And we all know Davidnsa69 is the voice of all remainers, reprents the official campaign and is the only source of truth when it comes to the opinions of remainers. Well done. You debunked a random internet guy. All hail Brexit, and the free money it will bring.

The economic benefit mean that it is effectively free as it covers our contribution to the EU hundreds of times over. There is obviously an initial cost but we don’t feel it. We just feel the benefit.

It’s the same as a market trader that pays rent to pitch their stall in a busy market who then covers his rent through the business he makes and makes much more profit on top.

The EU is the largest market in the world and we have a really good spot - yet some in Britain have voted to leave that and pitch up in a field.

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

"The economic benefit mean that it is effectively free as it covers our contribution to the EU hundreds of times over. There is obviously an initial cost but we don’t feel it. We just feel the benefit.

It’s the same as a market trader that pays rent to pitch their stall in a busy market who then covers his rent through the business he makes and makes much more profit on top.

The EU is the largest market in the world and we have a really good spot - yet some in Britain have voted to leave that and pitch up in a field.

"

Good simile

Now wait for them to tell you that the EU doesn't give us as much money back, completely missing the point.

I still haven't worked out if they are unable understand or are just determined to push another line despite reality.

Let's see

By *ethnmelvCouple  over a year ago

Chudleigh

All we wanted was one, meagre benefit & so far no Brexiteer can give one. Put some effort in guys, your losing the propaganda war...

"Continued

Centy wrote

Completely debunked as the membership fee of many billions is clearly laid out on the full fact website. "

I've just read it, you're taking 1 posters comments totally out of context and twisting it into something totally different as normal in a desperate sad attempt to think you've "stuck it too them",.

Only a desperate sad sad individual would behave in this way, well done, you've totally blown us all out of the water with that one

Cannock

"All we wanted was one, meagre benefit & so far no Brexiteer can give one. Put some effort in guys, your losing the propaganda war..."

Leave already won the war in 2016 when we won the referendum. Now we're leaving the EU in less than a month.

Chudleigh

"All we wanted was one, meagre benefit & so far no Brexiteer can give one. Put some effort in guys, your losing the propaganda war..."

Centy, over to you?

Cannock

"The economic benefit mean that it is effectively free as it covers our contribution to the EU hundreds of times over. There is obviously an initial cost but we don’t feel it. We just feel the benefit.

Good simile

Now wait for them to tell you that the EU doesn't give us as much money back

"

We don't have to tell you as the full fact website has done it for us. All laid out there in black and white on the EU membership fee page, it explains very clearly we pay more than what we get back as we're a net contributor to the EU budget.

Chudleigh

Good simile

We don't have to tell you as the full fact website has done it for us. All laid out there in black and white on the EU membership fee page, it explains very clearly we pay more than what we get back as we're a net contributor to the EU budget. "

Humour us all for a moment with something genuine? I am totally ok that we pay more in to be members than we get paid back directly. What you don’t mention is the huge additional payback that we get as being members of the club. You seem to suggest (correct me if I’m wrong) that saving £200m per week (£10bn) per year is worth sacrificing £100bn of trade revenue with the EU. Am I wrong, is this really a good bet?

"All we wanted was one, meagre benefit & so far no Brexiteer can give one. Put some effort in guys, your losing the propaganda war...

Centy, over to you?"

I wouldn't waste time on him anymore, I actually think he gets a kick out of the attention.

There's only so many times you can

counter someone's points and prove them wrong over and over until you need to call time on it.

My dad used to say to me, You can reason against ignorance but you can't reason against stupidity.

Cannock

Good simile

We don't have to tell you as the full fact website has done it for us. All laid out there in black and white on the EU membership fee page, it explains very clearly we pay more than what we get back as we're a net contributor to the EU budget.

Humour us all for a moment with something genuine? I am totally ok that we pay more in to be members than we get paid back directly. What you don’t mention is the huge additional payback that we get as being members of the club. You seem to suggest (correct me if I’m wrong) that saving £200m per week (£10bn) per year is worth sacrificing £100bn of trade revenue with the EU. Am I wrong, is this really a good bet?"

That's a ridiculous comparison though as you assume all trade between the UK and the EU will stop after Brexit. Even in a no deal scenario the UK and the EU will still go on trading with each other.

Chudleigh

"All we wanted was one, meagre benefit & so far no Brexiteer can give one. Put some effort in guys, your losing the propaganda war...

Centy, over to you?

I wouldn't waste time on him anymore, I actually think he gets a kick out of the attention.

counter someone's points and prove them wrong over and over until you need to call time on it.

My dad used to say to me, You can reason against ignorance but you can't reason against stupidity.

"

You make a fair point, but on the other hand I am not willing to accept other people thinking ignorance (or stupidity) is right

Centy, over to you?

You make a fair point, but on the other hand I am not willing to accept other people thinking ignorance (or stupidity) is right "

Well, that's my 20 minutes of conversing with stupidity, I'm off before it starts catching

Have fun

Cannock

Centy, over to you?

"

And Einstein said "the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results".

Remainers lost the referendum in 2016 making these exact same arguments you and other remainers have made on this thread and on the part 1 thread, but you still Continue doing the same thing over and over and you expect to get a different result. That makes you insane according to Einstein.

West London

Good simile

Now wait for them to tell you that the EU doesn't give us as much money back, completely missing the point.

I still haven't worked out if they are unable understand or are just determined to push another line despite reality.

Let's see "

Prediction fulfilled

Good simile

Let's see

Prediction fulfilled "

He needs more of the scout mentality.

Centy, over to you?

And Einstein said "the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results".

Remainers lost the referendum in 2016 making these exact same arguments you and other remainers have made on this thread and on the part 1 thread, but you still Continue doing the same thing over and over and you expect to get a different result. That makes you insane according to Einstein. "

Indeed, proving you wrong over and over again will not all of a sudden make you right will it so your comparison is stupid.

You state so called economic benefits to Brexit, I debunk them with facts so why you would just repeat the same debunked economic arguments over & over again expecting a different result is as you point out rather insane

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

We don't have to tell you as the full fact website has done it for us. All laid out there in black and white on the EU membership fee page, it explains very clearly we pay more than what we get back as we're a net contributor to the EU budget. "

The problem is this... in all the operation yellowhammer stuff released there were one or two forecasts in there..

The said under mays deal the economy would likely shrink by approximately 3% of gdp over the next 10 years..... that about 80 billion pounds... per year

Cannock

Centy, over to you?

Remainers lost the referendum in 2016 making these exact same arguments you and other remainers have made on this thread and on the part 1 thread, but you still Continue doing the same thing over and over and you expect to get a different result. That makes you insane according to Einstein.

Indeed, proving you wrong over and over again will not all of a sudden make you right will it so your comparison is stupid.

You state so called economic benefits to Brexit, I debunk them with facts so why you would just repeat the same debunked economic arguments over & over again expecting a different result is as you point out rather insane

"

As pointed out I'm not expecting a different result, Leave won the referendum remember.

Cannock

"

The problem is this... in all the operation yellowhammer stuff released there were one or two forecasts in there..

The said under mays deal the economy would likely shrink by approximately 3% of gdp over the next 10 years..... that about 80 billion pounds... per year "

That's not fact though is it Fabio it's a forecast about the future. The Treasury doesn't exactly have a good track record for getting it's forecasts correct, something like only 2 out of the last 12 forecasts have been right. Since the vote to Leave the economy has continued to outperform expectations so the Chancellor Philip Hammond keeps telling us. Your comment is nothing more than a guess about the future, and I could just as easily cite an economist like Liam Halligan who says the UK economy will boom after Brexit and the UK will become the largest economy in Europe.

What I'm saying about the EU membership fee is not a forecast about the future it's a fact and it's on the full fact website.

West London

"

The said under mays deal the economy would likely shrink by approximately 3% of gdp over the next 10 years..... that about 80 billion pounds... per year

That's not fact though is it Fabio it's a forecast about the future. The Treasury doesn't exactly have a good track record for getting it's forecasts correct, something like only 2 out of the last 12 forecasts have been right. Since the vote to Leave the economy has continued to outperform expectations so the Chancellor Philip Hammond keeps telling us. Your comment is nothing more than a guess about the future, and I could just as easily cite an economist like Liam Halligan who says the UK economy will boom after Brexit and the UK will become the largest economy in Europe.

What I'm saying about the EU membership fee is not a forecast about the future it's a fact and it's on the full fact website. "

So you are saying that the country should not try to model or forecast the future in any way?

Any policy decision should ignore any attempt to predict its consequences? Perhaps we just ignore any information that is unhelpful?

We should just do it and see what happens?

The BoE and Treasury intervene to change the predicted outcome. This costs the country money and diverts money from other public spending. Have you unable to understand this yet or are you still sticking your fingers in your ears because it doesn't help your "argument"?

Liam Haligan has no information whatsoever to back up his assertions.

He, like you, doesn't even attempt to answer why Germany exports so much better to the fast growing markets than we do. He also is unable to say what Brexit will change.

What he also makes clear is that trade "sovereignty" is nonesense. Any deal we do will limit the scope of a deal with the next country or trading block.

The very fact that you have quoted this man and in the same response said nothi is fact unless it is actually happening makes a nonsense of your argument.

Together with the fact that you choose to believe the outlying opinions rather the majority all of whom use different models and approaches. Do you have a unique insight into international feade and economic theory that has drawn you to this conclusion or is it just that you want to believe it?

By *avidnsa69Man  over a year ago

Essex

"Continued

Centy wrote

I did not say membership of the EU was free. I told you that as a proportion of our government's expenditure it was tiny. I explained to you that spending less than 0.7% of the government's money on EU membership was next to bugger all.

Without a point of comparison, how do we know if something is a large amount of money? By comparison the government's expenditure on national debt interest is over 6% of the budget and welfare is 23%.

Feel free to carry on misrepresenting me

Centy, over to you?

Remainers lost the referendum in 2016 making these exact same arguments you and other remainers have made on this thread and on the part 1 thread, but you still Continue doing the same thing over and over and you expect to get a different result. That makes you insane according to Einstein. "

Fun fact: Einstein did not agree with quantum physics, which is based on doing the same thing and getting different results. The insane world is now generally accepted as being a good model.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

What I'm saying about the EU membership fee is not a forecast about the future it's a fact and it's on the full fact website. "

funny enough just shown the exact figures on the marr show when talking to liam fox about the inept job he had done at International Trade,

his new deals if he were to get everything he wanted in every scenario would only increase GDP by 0.2%... in an overall scenario of mays Brexit deal shrinking the economy by 3.9%.... with the no deal WTO brexit you want shrinking the economy by 9.3%.....

but you don't like mays deal.... do you?

at what point to we accept believing figures... or are we only accepting figures after the events have happened.... take for example the ONS downgrading the 18/19 UK growth figures from 1.7% to 1.2%! when you laughed at france and germany, even thought there figures were higher than ours!

"

As pointed out I'm not expecting a different result, Leave won the referendum remember. "

Stock answer when your proved wrong at every turn is to actually say something true "we won, you lost" which isn't even the topic at hand.

What benefits does Brexit bring?

In simple terms....

Shitloads of you're on benefits.

Because....

Oh okay, but anyway...

"What benefits does Brexit bring?

In simple terms....

Shitloads of you're on benefits.