FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Corbyn left with egg on his face over Brexit

Corbyn left with egg on his face over Brexit

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *entaur_UK OP   Man  over a year ago

Cannock

Reported earlier today Labour party leader Jeremy Corbyn was egged outside a Mosque in London. The egg packing protestor threw an egg at Corbyn which exploded on the Albert Steptoe lookalikes head, in protest at Corbyn's decision to back a 2nd EU referendum. Let's just hope Corbyn's brains weren't scrambled.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ony 2016Man  over a year ago

Huddersfield /derby cinemas

I heard about this some time ago but was not reported at all on BBC news channel at 11 , , , makes you wonder why

By *ethnmelvCouple  over a year ago

Chudleigh

...because it wasn’t overly interesting? & it was reported on line.

The leader of the opposition has an egg thrown at them and the BBC consider this not important ,,,, I repeat ,, makes you wonder why ,,,,, no MP of any party on our democracy can or should be objected to any form of physical abuse

Cannock

"...because it wasn’t overly interesting? & it was reported on line."

It was reported on sky news at 10pm.

Cannock

"The leader of the opposition has an egg thrown at them and the BBC consider this not important ,,,, I repeat ,, makes you wonder why ,,,,, no MP of any party on our democracy can or should be objected to any form of physical abuse "

Get over yourself. Lots of politicians over the years have been egged, the most famous one was probably 2 jabbs John Prescott.

By *ethnmelvCouple  over a year ago

Chudleigh

"The leader of the opposition has an egg thrown at them and the BBC consider this not important ,,,, I repeat ,, makes you wonder why ,,,,, no MP of any party on our democracy can or should be objected to any form of physical abuse

Get over yourself. Lots of politicians over the years have been egged, the most famous one was probably 2 jabbs John Prescott. "

Indeed, for once we agree

My opinion is it is wrong to throw eggs at elected members of parliament ( or anyone else for that matter ) , I always have done and always will , wether we like their opinions or not to resort to cowardly violence is ridiculous in the extreme , , the argument that it's ok to throw an egg at someone because someone else has done it on the past really needs re-thinking

By *oghunter33Woman  over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

Would you be gloating as much if someone threw an egg on your beloved Nigel?

Cannock

"Would you be gloating as much if someone threw an egg on your beloved Nigel? "

Already happened a few years ago. As I said in an earlier post lots of politicians have been egged over the years. Must admit it did make me chuckle when I heard Corbyn got one on the bonce earlier though.

Still struggling to understand anything about a politician ( or anyone else ) being hit on the head with an egg or any object is right in any form ,,,, this is wrong ,,, be it Tory , Labour LibDem , Green Leave ,Remain or any other it is pure and simply wrong ,, it's not a case of which side of any discussion you are on , defending objects being thrown at elected MPs is defending the indefensible

Cannock

As Corbyn was outside a Mosque I hope no one asked him if he wanted any bacon with his egg

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"As Corbyn was outside a Mosque I hope no one asked him if he wanted any bacon with his egg "

Because religious prejudice is just hilarious isn’t it

[Removed by poster at 04/03/19 03:20:43]

The incident took place outside Finsbury Park Mosque , where a previous terrorist attack had taken place by a right wing extremist ,,, Any physical attack on any MP should be condemned and not taken lightly ,,,, the response to the incident by Conservative MP and party chair James Cleverley needs reporting more than it currently is , , His response is an absolute disgrace and is not what you would expect from a MP

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

I find the idea of egging an MP quite appealing, in fact I think it should be done properly and the egg should be rotten...

After all it is a tradition going back hundreds of years. Very soon if we continue in this vain it will be a criminal offence to shout down a politician who is spouting shit.

Although I also have to say the egger should also be open to being pelted with rotten fruit, eggs and vegetables.

moston

have just been looking at some of the social media posts where keyboard warriors are saying next time it should be brick rather than eggs, and I do those poster should be outed and forced to face the consequences of their posts, just like JC has had to face an egging.

"As Corbyn was outside a Mosque I hope no one asked him if he wanted any bacon with his egg "

Fuck it I'll own up, it brought a wry smile to my face

moston

Latest reports say JC was not hit with a thrown egg, but a brexiteer holding an egg hit JC on the head from the rear. If this is true it is no longer a political stunt but is another violent attack on a Labour MP by a brexiteer.

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

"Latest reports say JC was not hit with a thrown egg, but a brexiteer holding an egg hit JC on the head from the rear. If this is true it is no longer a political stunt but is another violent attack on a Labour MP by a brexiteer."
right so first you find it appealing because it was thrown now it's a violent attack.I'm sure you don't believe anything you spout on here just post stuff for a reaction.

moston

"right so first you find it appealing because it was thrown now it's a violent attack.I'm sure you don't believe anything you spout on here just post stuff for a reaction. "

If you or I (or anyone else for that matter throw a raw (rotten or otherwise) egg at someone and hit them all that happens is they get egged, if you, I or anyone else punches someone on the back of the head we potentially kill them. Do you see the difference now? If we are holding a raw egg in the fist we land the punch with to disguise the fact that we have just landed a punch that could potentially kill then we should face serious jail time, wouldn't you agree?

"right so first you find it appealing because it was thrown now it's a violent attack.I'm sure you don't believe anything you spout on here just post stuff for a reaction.

If you or I (or anyone else for that matter throw a raw (rotten or otherwise) egg at someone and hit them all that happens is they get egged, if you, I or anyone else punches someone on the back of the head we potentially kill them. Do you see the difference now? If we are holding a raw egg in the fist we land the punch with to disguise the fact that we have just landed a punch that could potentially kill then we should face serious jail time, wouldn't you agree?"

I thought it was "planted" on his head, you know, like planting a cream pie in someone's face, not attempted murder

moston

"I thought it was "planted" on his head, you know, like planting a cream pie in someone's face, not attempted murder "

I have not heard that, but if so then it is not as bad as I have seen the attack described. No doubt at some point video of the incident will surface and we will all see what really happened.

In these days leading up to final brexit showdown.No member of the public should be allowed to get that close to a MP let alone the leader the opposition .

We all know how violent brexiters can be..

Anyone glorifying it is a prick..

Cannock

"In these days leading up to final brexit showdown.No member of the public should be allowed to get that close to a MP let alone the leader the opposition .

We all know how violent brexiters can be..

Anyone glorifying it is a prick.. "

Says the man with a picture of a prick on his profile.

I think it seems clear from the uncertainty at what has happened that it shouldn’t go on. What if this guy egged him and the next guy hit him thinking he could get away with it now? He’s a man in 70s. If I saw anyone attack a man of his age I would be having a word with them. Corbyn also happens to be a decent human being. The guy who egged him another twat showing his ignorance.

Cannock

"right so first you find it appealing because it was thrown now it's a violent attack.I'm sure you don't believe anything you spout on here just post stuff for a reaction.

If you or I (or anyone else for that matter throw a raw (rotten or otherwise) egg at someone and hit them all that happens is they get egged, if you, I or anyone else punches someone on the back of the head we potentially kill them. Do you see the difference now? If we are holding a raw egg in the fist we land the punch with to disguise the fact that we have just landed a punch that could potentially kill then we should face serious jail time, wouldn't you agree?"

Serious jail time?

I can just imagine the discussion in the prison exercise yard as the lags talk about why they're doing time. ...

"What you in For? "

"Me, I'm doing time for murd*r"

"What about you?"

"Oh I just got done for burglary"

"And you over there?"

"I'm doing a stretch for egging someone"

Some of us haven't forgotten Joe cox slaughtered in the street by a brexiter.

I don't want to see anyone murdered by a loon from the right because they didn't get their chosen flavour of brexit .

Some of the the far right in the forum have already saying we will see more blood shed if brexit doesn't go their way.. i Like I said taking pleasure in it makes them pricks...

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

"I thought it was "planted" on his head, you know, like planting a cream pie in someone's face, not attempted murder

I have not heard that, but if so then it is not as bad as I have seen the attack described. No doubt at some point video of the incident will surface and we will all see what really happened. "

The egg was planted on Jeremy Corbyn, accompanied by the words "when you vote, you get what you voted for".

I'm taking this as a Leave supporter taking umbrage at JC's support of a second referendum.

" Some of us haven't forgotten Joe cox slaughtered in the street by a brexiter.

I don't want to see anyone murdered by a loon from the right because they didn't get their chosen flavour of brexit .

Some of the the far right in the forum have already saying we will see more blood shed if brexit doesn't go their way.. i Like I said taking pleasure in it makes them pricks... "

Yes mate. Pricks is what they are.

If you or I (or anyone else for that matter throw a raw (rotten or otherwise) egg at someone and hit them all that happens is they get egged, if you, I or anyone else punches someone on the back of the head we potentially kill them. Do you see the difference now? If we are holding a raw egg in the fist we land the punch with to disguise the fact that we have just landed a punch that could potentially kill then we should face serious jail time, wouldn't you agree?

Serious jail time?

I can just imagine the discussion in the prison exercise yard as the lags talk about why they're doing time. ...

"What you in For? "

"What about you?"

"And you over there?"

"

Watch the reaction when you say you’re in for assaulting an elderly man

Serious jail time?

"What you in For? "

"What about you?"

"And you over there?"

Watch the reaction when you say you’re in for assaulting an elderly man"

He's lucky corbyn didn't have an armed security officer .With all the death threats aimed at both sides of the debate recently the next person attempting this might well be looking down the barrel of a gun.

Cannock

Would have made a great sketch for an episode of Steptoe and son, with Harold popping up outside the Mosque on his horse and cart, saying....

"Ewwww you dirrrtttttyyy old man, wash that egg out of your hair".

The media love a good distraction like this.

Don’t worry about Brexit, everyone look at this guy throwing an egg at this other guy.

"The media love a good distraction like this.

Don’t worry about Brexit, everyone look at this guy throwing an egg at this other guy."

So true and it's the Conservatives who really have the have egg on their face because of their obvious incompetence and are also rotten to the core..

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

" Some of us haven't forgotten Joe cox slaughtered in the street by a brexiter.

Some of the the far right in the forum have already saying we will see more blood shed if brexit doesn't go their way.. i Like I said taking pleasure in it makes them pricks... "

Yes but of course all the riots will be blamed on the remainers. I mean, when provocated by patient argument, gentle debate, requests to have the benefits explained, concern over the possibility of people losing their jobs - what recourse is there other than to threaten violence, attack elderly men, kill members of parliament...

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

The far right nutter jailed for mowing down worshippers at Finsbury Park originally set out to kill Corbyn but could not get close enough so switched to Plan B.

Yes, a bit of everyone probably relishes any politician getting the custard-pie treatment.

I’ve been hit with an egg thrown from a car while having a cig outside a gay bar, and it’s a disorientating experience.

There was a time we could all have chuckled at a politician. But this is such a febrile time, with emotions running so high among some members of the public, that a bit of restraint really would help.

By *wosmilersCouple  over a year ago

Heathrowish

Corbyn may be a tosser, but he is an elected tosser and despite his views should be given the same respect and security to canvass as anyone else.

We don't need any more martyrs whether egged or worse.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"Reported earlier today Labour party leader Jeremy Corbyn was egged outside a Mosque in London. The egg packing protestor threw an egg at Corbyn which exploded on the Albert Steptoe lookalikes head, in protest at Corbyn's decision to back a 2nd EU referendum. Let's just hope Corbyn's brains weren't scrambled. "
What brains?

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Don’t worry about Brexit, everyone look at this guy throwing an egg at this other guy."

So you do not think that a story about the leader of the opposition being attacked even by an egg?Brexit is just being overhyped there is plenty of other news.Stabbings are pretty big news,this country needs to get a grip on all things as there is much happening besides bloody brexit

Don’t worry about Brexit, everyone look at this guy throwing an egg at this other guy.So you do not think that a story about the leader of the opposition being attacked even by an egg?Brexit is just being overhyped there is plenty of other news.Stabbings are pretty big news,this country needs to get a grip on all things as there is much happening besides bloody brexit"

True and all the silly talk about riots if brexit doesn't happen can be dismissed as the lunatic fringe because there are bigger issues to get all uptight over . if you fancy a riot the underfunded NHS is an issue to get upset over ..

All MP's should be put in the stocks in their constituencies at least once a year so the general public can show them exactly how they feel about them.

"All MP's should be put in the stocks in their constituencies at least once a year so the general public can show them exactly how they feel about them. "

And when you can’t get anyone to be an MP ?

£77379 plus ripping off expenses, there wont be a shortage of people to do it.

Bristol East

"£77379 plus ripping off expenses, there wont be a shortage of people to do it. "

And how many people can afford the £500 fee to stand?

Don’t worry about Brexit, everyone look at this guy throwing an egg at this other guy.So you do not think that a story about the leader of the opposition being attacked even by an egg?Brexit is just being overhyped there is plenty of other news.Stabbings are pretty big news,this country needs to get a grip on all things as there is much happening besides bloody brexit"

Compared to all the shit going on in the world. A man throwing an egg at another man, shouldn’t even get a look in. The media is expert at distracting the masses from what’s really going on.

near ipswich

Don’t worry about Brexit, everyone look at this guy throwing an egg at this other guy.So you do not think that a story about the leader of the opposition being attacked even by an egg?Brexit is just being overhyped there is plenty of other news.Stabbings are pretty big news,this country needs to get a grip on all things as there is much happening besides bloody brexit

Compared to all the shit going on in the world. A man throwing an egg at another man, shouldn’t even get a look in. The media is expert at distracting the masses from what’s really going on."

To be fair he is the leader of the opposition so should get some airtime and a man throwing an egg at him is a lot less worrying than what he has to say he would do to this country if he ever got to be PM.

Don’t worry about Brexit, everyone look at this guy throwing an egg at this other guy.So you do not think that a story about the leader of the opposition being attacked even by an egg?Brexit is just being overhyped there is plenty of other news.Stabbings are pretty big news,this country needs to get a grip on all things as there is much happening besides bloody brexit

Compared to all the shit going on in the world. A man throwing an egg at another man, shouldn’t even get a look in. The media is expert at distracting the masses from what’s really going on.To be fair he is the leader of the opposition so should get some airtime and a man throwing an egg at him is a lot less worrying than what he has to say he would do to this country if he ever got to be PM. "

It’d be the best government we have ever had.

Look at the state of the UK right now under the Tories!

Homelessness soaring, NHS being sold off - and purposefully starved of funds to make a case for it being sold off, hundreds of thousands dying every few years from the effects of right wing ideological austerity cuts, the nation at each other’s throats over Brexit, the far right killing decent MPs after Brexit propaganda tipped their unhinged self over the edge, kids losing free school meals, teachers pleading for donations for textbooks, thousands of foodbanks having to be opened to feed the hungry, disabled suicide rates more than doubling...

A Corbyn led Labour government is exactly what we need now.

Compared to all the shit going on in the world. A man throwing an egg at another man, shouldn’t even get a look in. The media is expert at distracting the masses from what’s really going on.To be fair he is the leader of the opposition so should get some airtime and a man throwing an egg at him is a lot less worrying than what he has to say he would do to this country if he ever got to be PM. "

Yes the big scary man wants to make society fairer and make rich people pay their fair share.

near ipswich

Compared to all the shit going on in the world. A man throwing an egg at another man, shouldn’t even get a look in. The media is expert at distracting the masses from what’s really going on.To be fair he is the leader of the opposition so should get some airtime and a man throwing an egg at him is a lot less worrying than what he has to say he would do to this country if he ever got to be PM. Unlike you i have worked under a government with similar views and dont want to go back to them days thanks very much.

Yes the big scary man wants to make society fairer and make rich people pay their fair share. "

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

Compared to all the shit going on in the world. A man throwing an egg at another man, shouldn’t even get a look in. The media is expert at distracting the masses from what’s really going on.To be fair he is the leader of the opposition so should get some airtime and a man throwing an egg at him is a lot less worrying than what he has to say he would do to this country if he ever got to be PM.

Yes the big scary man wants to make society fairer and make rich people pay their fair share. "

problem wen u make rich peeps pay there fair share like they done in the 70s charging them 70 or 80 p to the pound they just set up in a lower tax country so u end up getting less tax so to cover everything they wana do the normal peeps are just surviving get taxed up the arse instead

Compared to all the shit going on in the world. A man throwing an egg at another man, shouldn’t even get a look in. The media is expert at distracting the masses from what’s really going on.To be fair he is the leader of the opposition so should get some airtime and a man throwing an egg at him is a lot less worrying than what he has to say he would do to this country if he ever got to be PM.

Yes the big scary man wants to make society fairer and make rich people pay their fair share.

problem wen u make rich peeps pay there fair share like they done in the 70s charging them 70 or 80 p to the pound they just set up in a lower tax country so u end up getting less tax so to cover everything they wana do the normal peeps are just surviving get taxed up the arse instead"

How about a sensible solution then?

And besides, if they’re not paying tax anyway, using all the loopholes that would be closed if we were staying in the EU, then who cares if the fuck off?

borehamwood

course there paying tax jst not as much as they should be.and yea why dont they all fuck off.be a great country who the fuck would want to set up in buisness in a country where ya gona be paying over half ya money in tax.

near ipswich

problem wen u make rich peeps pay there fair share like they done in the 70s charging them 70 or 80 p to the pound they just set up in a lower tax country so u end up getting less tax so to cover everything they wana do the normal peeps are just surviving get taxed up the arse instead

And besides, if they’re not paying tax anyway, using all the loopholes that would be closed if we were staying in the EU, then who cares if the fuck off? "

If you are so concerned about tax fairness why do you want to stay in the EU? all those greedy little piggys running it have their own tax system they pay 8%-20% tax they dont pay like the rest of us.They worked their own deal out years ago so yeah i agree with you thats why i want to fuck off out of it.

borehamwood

anyway its buinesses who are the worst offenders the likes of starbucks and amazon.setting there head office up in a low tax hey presto they dont pay yax here.im pretty sure most peeps wpuld fiddle there tax if they thought they cpuld get away with doing so.shit most self employed peeps i know are earning less than 20 grand a year or so they say

"anyway its buinesses who are the worst offenders the likes of starbucks and amazon.setting there head office up in a low tax hey presto they dont pay yax here.im pretty sure most peeps wpuld fiddle there tax if they thought they cpuld get away with doing so.shit most self employed peeps i know are earning less than 20 grand a year or so they say"

Indeed, and you really think the Tories will do anything about it if the EU isn’t there to set the rules that tax has to be paid?

borehamwood

they do pay tax in the countrys there registerd in.think starbucks or amazon are registerd in republic of ireland.sure there is lots of companys registerd there taking advantage of there low buisness tax.wonder how long they will stay registerd there if the e.u are gona start clamping down on peeps not paying there proper tax.im neither a remainer or a leaver but does make me laugh how one side think the e.u are the devil and the other side think they are the answer to all the worlds problems. like any parliment anywhere in yhe world they think of themselves before they give a fuck about the little ppl

And besides, if they’re not paying tax anyway, using all the loopholes that would be closed if we were staying in the EU, then who cares if the fuck off? If you are so concerned about tax fairness why do you want to stay in the EU? all those greedy little piggys running it have their own tax system they pay 8%-20% tax they dont pay like the rest of us.They worked their own deal out years ago so yeah i agree with you thats why i want to fuck off out of it."

“On 28 January 2016 the Commission presented its proposal for an Anti-Tax Avoidance Directive as part of the Anti-Tax Avoidance Package. On 20 June 2016 the Council adopted the Directive (EU) 2016/1164 laying down rules against tax avoidance practices that directly affect the functioning of the internal market.

In order to provide for a comprehensive framework of anti-abuse measures the Commission presented its proposal ••• on 25th October 2016, to complement the existing rule on hybrid mismatches. The rule on hybrid mismatches aims to prevent companies from exploiting national mismatches to avoid taxation.

In addition to the proposal the Commission also published its Staff Working Document •••.

The Anti-Tax Avoidance Directive contains five legally-binding anti-abuse measures, which all Member States should apply against common forms of aggressive tax planning.

Member States should apply these measures as from 1 January 2019.

It creates a minimum level of protection against corporate tax avoidance throughout the EU, while ensuring a fairer and more stable environment for businesses.

The anti-avoidance measures in the Anti-Tax Avoidance Directive other than the rule on hybrid mismatches, are:

Controlled foreign company (CFC) rule: to deter profit shifting to a low/no tax country

Switchover rule: to prevent double non-taxation of certain income.

Exit taxation: to prevent companies from avoiding tax when re-locating assets.

Interest limitation: to discourage artificial debt arrangements designed to minimise taxes

General anti-abuse rule: to counteract aggressive tax planning when other rules don’t apply.”

https://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/business/company-tax/anti-tax-avoidance-package/anti-tax-avoidance-directive_en

near ipswich

And besides, if they’re not paying tax anyway, using all the loopholes that would be closed if we were staying in the EU, then who cares if the fuck off? If you are so concerned about tax fairness why do you want to stay in the EU? all those greedy little piggys running it have their own tax system they pay 8%-20% tax they dont pay like the rest of us.They worked their own deal out years ago so yeah i agree with you thats why i want to fuck off out of it.

“On 28 January 2016 the Commission presented its proposal for an Anti-Tax Avoidance Directive as part of the Anti-Tax Avoidance Package. On 20 June 2016 the Council adopted the Directive (EU) 2016/1164 laying down rules against tax avoidance practices that directly affect the functioning of the internal market.

In order to provide for a comprehensive framework of anti-abuse measures the Commission presented its proposal ••• on 25th October 2016, to complement the existing rule on hybrid mismatches. The rule on hybrid mismatches aims to prevent companies from exploiting national mismatches to avoid taxation.

In addition to the proposal the Commission also published its Staff Working Document •••.

The Anti-Tax Avoidance Directive contains five legally-binding anti-abuse measures, which all Member States should apply against common forms of aggressive tax planning.

It creates a minimum level of protection against corporate tax avoidance throughout the EU, while ensuring a fairer and more stable environment for businesses.

The anti-avoidance measures in the Anti-Tax Avoidance Directive other than the rule on hybrid mismatches, are:

Controlled foreign company (CFC) rule: to deter profit shifting to a low/no tax country

Interest limitation: to discourage artificial debt arrangements designed to minimise taxes

General anti-abuse rule: to counteract aggressive tax planning when other rules don’t apply.”

https://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/business/company-tax/anti-tax-avoidance-package/anti-tax-avoidance-directive_en

"

Yet those making the rules have their own little cushty tax rules,smacks of hypocrisy to me.

And besides, if they’re not paying tax anyway, using all the loopholes that would be closed if we were staying in the EU, then who cares if the fuck off? If you are so concerned about tax fairness why do you want to stay in the EU? all those greedy little piggys running it have their own tax system they pay 8%-20% tax they dont pay like the rest of us.They worked their own deal out years ago so yeah i agree with you thats why i want to fuck off out of it.

Yet those making the rules have their own little cushty tax rules,smacks of hypocrisy to me."

The UK would have benefitted from this new directive IF we had remained in the union.

This is one of the motivations for foreign corporations operating in Britain to push for a no deal

borehamwood

i garentee you there are lawyers and accountants pouring all over that paperwork looking how to cheat it and there will be ways of getting around it.nothing is fool proof and if u have enough money you can do what you want.not saying its fair at all but thats the way the world works do you really think the rich and powerfull will ever pay there fair share.course they wont there rich and powerfull because there dishonest no morals between any of them the world over

"i garentee you there are lawyers and accountants pouring all over that paperwork looking how to cheat it and there will be ways of getting around it.nothing is fool proof and if u have enough money you can do what you want.not saying its fair at all but thats the way the world works do you really think the rich and powerfull will ever pay there fair share.course they wont there rich and powerfull because there dishonest no morals between any of them the world over"

Better to have such a directive though surely?

Cannock

Yet those making the rules have their own little cushty tax rules,smacks of hypocrisy to me.

The UK would have benefitted from this new directive IF we had remained in the union.

This is one of the motivations for foreign corporations operating in Britain to push for a no deal"

That's not the point Costa is making though. The point Costa is making is people like Juncker and Tusk have their own specially reduced tax rate where they pay less tax than the people they govern over. One rule for them and another rule for the little people.

Bristol East

How much tax does our head of state pay?

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

If Rees Mogg got whammied by an Egg this board would be losing its shit at laughing at him.

The same standards don’t apply.

By *rMrsWestMidsCouple  over a year ago

Dudley

This is one of the motivations for foreign corporations operating in Britain to push for a no deal

That's not the point Costa is making though. The point Costa is making is people like Juncker and Tusk have their own specially reduced tax rate where they pay less tax than the people they govern over. One rule for them and another rule for the little people. "

How do they justify it!

Pop quiz. What tax rate is Juncker on ?

‘Every nation gets the government it deserves’

As we live in what should be a democracy, at least officially, the faults we see around us are really caused by ourselves.

If we don’t like the way our system works - or does not work for us, then it should tell us we are as a majority, evidently making mistakes with our voting behaviour. Everything has a cause and an effect.

The right wing have been in charge for too long in Britain and we are suffering the consequences. We all recognise the problems no matter what side of the fence we stand - or think we stand.

We have allowed ourselves to give more and more power to the corporate world and away from the state. Unscrupulous ‘leaders’ looking for personal gain whilst signalling patriotism are the bane of the UK and many other nations.

If we want real change, we have to vote for real change at our general elections. But people just keep repeating the same mistake, fooled again and again by the same manipulations.

Its ironic that so many dislike or even hate the way things are. But when someone comes along and offers them change, they spit at it.

The EU has its problems. It has its corruption. Many socialists are ideologically opposed to it. But pragmatism must factor in. The ‘neoliberalism’ that so many talk about in the EU is far more prevalent in other super powers. Britain for example and the US. At the current time our leaders are so terrible in Britain we’d be better off if we were actually controlled by the EU - as the propaganda from the corporate mainstream in Britain falsely suggests.

By *heislanderMan  over a year ago

cheshunt

"‘Every nation gets the government it deserves’

As we live in what should be a democracy, at least officially, the faults we see around us are really caused by ourselves.

If we don’t like the way our system works - or does not work for us, then it should tell us we are as a majority, evidently making mistakes with our voting behaviour. Everything has a cause and an effect.

The right wing have been in charge for too long in Britain and we are suffering the consequences. We all recognise the problems no matter what side of the fence we stand - or think we stand.

We have allowed ourselves to give more and more power to the corporate world and away from the state. Unscrupulous ‘leaders’ looking for personal gain whilst signalling patriotism are the bane of the UK and many other nations.

If we want real change, we have to vote for real change at our general elections. But people just keep repeating the same mistake, fooled again and again by the same manipulations.

Its ironic that so many dislike or even hate the way things are. But when someone comes along and offers them change, they spit at it.

The EU has its problems. It has its corruption. Many socialists are ideologically opposed to it. But pragmatism must factor in. The ‘neoliberalism’ that so many talk about in the EU is far more prevalent in other super powers. Britain for example and the US. At the current time our leaders are so terrible in Britain we’d be better off if we were actually controlled by the EU - as the propaganda from the corporate mainstream in Britain falsely suggests.

"

What real change have people been given in general elections ? I vote for what I think is best for me, no party has stood out and made me think they’ll be better than what we’ve already got, it’s a case of voting for the best of the bad bunch.

What real change have people been given in general elections ? I vote for what I think is best for me, no party has stood out and made me think they’ll be better than what we’ve already got, it’s a case of voting for the best of the bad bunch. "

Absolutely. I believe that is all we can do - vote for the best on offer that of course also has a cat in hell’s chance of winning.

People have not had much of a choice really since the times of Attlee in the 40’s. And look what that gave us - our beloved NHS that has saved so many lives that would have perished before it.

Britain has suffered successive neoliberal governments both with the Tories and then with New Labour under Blair and now again with the Tories. This the real cause of our troubles.

However in 2017 we actually had the opportunity to break that corporate neoliberal thumb we have been kept under. But the corporate mainstream media - obviously a supporter of neoliberalism, managed to deceive people into thinking that a move towards socialism with a Corbyn led Labour Party would devastate Britain. And people believed them!! It was the first opportunity where we could have fought back and stuck it to those who deny us the chance of a decent existence. But too many bought the lies from the corporate media.

Now this is based in simple ignorance I have to say. If people acknowledged who the owners of the mainstream media are then it should be plain to see why they don’t want a Corbyn led Labour government - because his ideology is geared towards the interests of the people - the workers, not the mega corporations that have been the bane of Britain and elsewhere for so long now.

If you have the time, I can not recommend enough reading a book titled ‘Profit over People’ by Noam Chomsky. Also his ‘Manufacturing Consent’ is a genuinely life changing book.

Life could be so much better than this - for all of us. It’s tragic we spend it arguing amongst ourselves.

By *heislanderMan  over a year ago

cheshunt

What real change have people been given in general elections ? I vote for what I think is best for me, no party has stood out and made me think they’ll be better than what we’ve already got, it’s a case of voting for the best of the bad bunch.

Absolutely. I believe that is all we can do - vote for the best on offer that of course also has a cat in hell’s chance of winning.

People have not had much of a choice really since the times of Attlee in the 40’s. And look what that gave us - our beloved NHS that has saved so many lives that would have perished before it.

Britain has suffered successive neoliberal governments both with the Tories and then with New Labour under Blair and now again with the Tories. This the real cause of our troubles.

However in 2017 we actually had the opportunity to break that corporate neoliberal thumb we have been kept under. But the corporate mainstream media - obviously a supporter of neoliberalism, managed to deceive people into thinking that a move towards socialism with a Corbyn led Labour Party would devastate Britain. And people believed them!! It was the first opportunity where we could have fought back and stuck it to those who deny us the chance of a decent existence. But too many bought the lies from the corporate media.

Now this is based in simple ignorance I have to say. If people acknowledged who the owners of the mainstream media are then it should be plain to see why they don’t want a Corbyn led Labour government - because his ideology is geared towards the interests of the people - the workers, not the mega corporations that have been the bane of Britain and elsewhere for so long now.

If you have the time, I can not recommend enough reading a book titled ‘Profit over People’ by Noam Chomsky. Also his ‘Manufacturing Consent’ is a genuinely life changing book.

Life could be so much better than this - for all of us. It’s tragic we spend it arguing amongst ourselves.

"

We’ll never all agree, I don’t think that there’s a government that will make everyone happy. I voted Conservative in 2017, the reason being i believed it was better for me. Under a labour government I would’ve ended up paying more tax. I’m selfish but “turkeys don’t vote for Xmas”. I’ll definitely read the book you’ve recommended, it might change my mind ??

We’ll never all agree, I don’t think that there’s a government that will make everyone happy. I voted Conservative in 2017, the reason being i believed it was better for me. Under a labour government I would’ve ended up paying more tax. I’m selfish but “turkeys don’t vote for Xmas”. I’ll definitely read the book you’ve recommended, it might change my mind ??"

It certainly opened my eyes to a lot of things

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

Yet those making the rules have their own little cushty tax rules,smacks of hypocrisy to me."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36325311

Of course that have their own rate. There a supranational organisation. UN staff pay no tax.

A community tax of between 8% and 45% is levied on the taxable portion of the salary.

Social security contributions are 10% for pensions and 2% for health insurance.

All in all not exactly "cushy".

The 16% expatriate rebate does seem over-generous though although it's hardly unprecedented for any organisation to do this.

When you’re paid from taxes, the idea of paying tax is simply for optics. As all you are doing is giving back to the same pot you are paid for. After all, no one benefits if they increase their pay by 10% and then put up tax bands by 10% absolute. (maths isn’t perfect I know !)

Bristol East

The geezer pleaded guilty - 28 days in the jail.

Judge wanted to send a message to those thinking politicians deserved to be assaulted.

near ipswich

Of course that have their own rate. There a supranational organisation. UN staff pay no tax.

A community tax of between 8% and 45% is levied on the taxable portion of the salary.

The 16% expatriate rebate does seem over-generous though although it's hardly unprecedented for any organisation to do this."

so your happy to pay 40% on anything over £46000 and they pay a max of 20% because its the eu but forever slagging business off for tax loopholes. Admittedly they are not using loopholes they have made a whole new system for themselves.Couldnt make it up.

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

The 16% expatriate rebate does seem over-generous though although it's hardly unprecedented for any organisation to do this.so your happy to pay 40% on anything over £46000 and they pay a max of 20% because its the eu but forever slagging business off for tax loopholes. Admittedly they are not using loopholes they have made a whole new system for themselves.Couldnt make it up."

What 20% are you talking about? From where?

What does this phrase mean to you?

"A community tax of between 8% and 45% is levied on the taxable portion of the salary"

» Add a new message to this topic