FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > empolyment highest since 1975

empolyment highest since 1975

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ostafun OP   Man  over a year ago

near ipswich

good news for all those out of work, employment is at its highest since 1975 and wages rose by 3.4% in the 3 months since january.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"good news for all those out of work, employment is at its highest since 1975 and wages rose by 3.4% in the 3 months since january."

Yes it's indeed good news!

However, wages growth still buys less than 2007! We are also less efficient- more people employed but productivity is low! Also, investment is down, hence employers are hiring people as they are cheaper to get rid off as opposed to costly machinery!

But yes good employment figures at the moment!

"good news for all those out of work, employment is at its highest since 1975 and wages rose by 3.4% in the 3 months since january."

Yes good news, wonder if the UK will do anything to fuck it up

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Figures in isolation of the contextual meaning, don't convey the reality of the situation. People with desperation for food and housing, getting by with very little security of their income and housing, joining the many who need food banks - even whilst working and the comparisons to where income levels should have been, compared to before the global financial crash with how costs have sky-rocketed since then, helps to add a little more context. The unease that's felt, due to potential losses of thousands of EU/non-UK citizens, who live and work here, who find other countries, including their homelands more attractive, is helping to sustain forms of employment that aren't great. This includes many people needing multiple jobs, in efforts to try to make ends meet, with a potential imminent EU departure that can add further burdens upon a very uneasy way of life for far too many here.

People need income and housing security but these aren't in abundant supply in the UK of today as well as to regain some of their lost income levels, throughout many recent years.

near ipswich

"good news for all those out of work, employment is at its highest since 1975 and wages rose by 3.4% in the 3 months since january.

Figures in isolation of the contextual meaning, don't convey the reality of the situation. People with desperation for food and housing, getting by with very little security of their income and housing, joining the many who need food banks - even whilst working and the comparisons to where income levels should have been, compared to before the global financial crash with how costs have sky-rocketed since then, helps to add a little more context. The unease that's felt, due to potential losses of thousands of EU/non-UK citizens, who live and work here, who find other countries, including their homelands more attractive, is helping to sustain forms of employment that aren't great. This includes many people needing multiple jobs, in efforts to try to make ends meet, with a potential imminent EU departure that can add further burdens upon a very uneasy way of life for far too many here.

People need income and housing security but these aren't in abundant supply in the UK of today as well as to regain some of their lost income levels, throughout many recent years."

Typical remainer post are you people never happy about anything?

Love these posts by leavers. Complete disregard for any context or any other pertinent information.

When the context is pointed out, fall back on trusted insults and meaningless catch phrases.

near ipswich

"Love these posts by leavers. Complete disregard for any context or any other pertinent information.

When the context is pointed out, fall back on trusted insults and meaningless catch phrases."

No we must move in different circles i just dont recognize any of what was posted in this great country of ours.

"Love these posts by leavers. Complete disregard for any context or any other pertinent information.

When the context is pointed out, fall back on trusted insults and meaningless catch phrases.

No we must move in different circles i just dont recognize any of what was posted in this great country of ours. "

You don't recognise that any people are having to use food banks, interesting.

near ipswich

No we must move in different circles i just dont recognize any of what was posted in this great country of ours.

You don't recognise that any people are having to use food banks, interesting. "

Of course i do but wonder how many of the people who visit them smoke for example.The real problem is they dont teach domestic science at school anymore,if you know how to cook its suprising how little you have to spend on food.Food in this country is not expensive people need to be educated on how to use it.

You don't recognise that any people are having to use food banks, interesting. Of course i do but wonder how many of the people who visit them smoke for example.The real problem is they dont teach domestic science at school anymore,if you know how to cook its suprising how little you have to spend on food.Food in this country is not expensive people need to be educated on how to use it."

Amazing. You always hear of Tories with this attitude that they must be smokers or watch sky TV or whatever else you imagine these people are doing with their money except buying food for their families.

Its interesting to witness someone who actually believes this stuff.

Wouldn't the world be a better place if people had opportunities in life instead of being forced to go to food banks? Like if people cared more about their fellow humans.

By *oole2010Couple  over a year ago

southampton

"good news for all those out of work, employment is at its highest since 1975 and wages rose by 3.4% in the 3 months since january.

Yes good news, wonder if the UK will do anything to fuck it up "

Yep if they vote corbyn in

Yes good news, wonder if the UK will do anything to fuck it up

Yep if they vote corbyn in "

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

How is it good news for people who do not have a job?

near ipswich

You don't recognise that any people are having to use food banks, interesting. Of course i do but wonder how many of the people who visit them smoke for example.The real problem is they dont teach domestic science at school anymore,if you know how to cook its suprising how little you have to spend on food.Food in this country is not expensive people need to be educated on how to use it.

Amazing. You always hear of Tories with this attitude that they must be smokers or watch sky TV or whatever else you imagine these people are doing with their money except buying food for their families.

Its interesting to witness someone who actually believes this stuff.

Wouldn't the world be a better place if people had opportunities in life instead of being forced to go to food banks? Like if people cared more about their fellow humans. "

People do have opportunities in life .As i said record people in employment there is a minimum wage in place and plenty of vacancies so whats to moan about.Just seems to me all the remainers are very negative and all doom and gloom.

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Newbury

All it means, sadly is that they have changed the parameters for "employed"

You are now classed as employed if you work more than an hour a week....

"All it means, sadly is that they have changed the parameters for "employed"

You are now classed as employed if you work more than an hour a week...."

I don't think this is a remainder leaver type of argument. We have t left yet. This is a pro and anti tory argument to have.

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Newbury

I don't think this is a remainder leaver type of argument. We have t left yet. This is a pro and anti tory argument to have. "

I didn't say it had anything to do with BREXIT- not everything does, in spite of those obsessed by it and their efforts to connect everything to it.

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

a bit like when labour shifted hundreds of thousands onto sick benefit.hey presto unemployment fell

By *alking HeadMan  over a year ago

Bolton

Just how many times have successive British governments redefined what "unemployed" means? It's a full time job constantly redefining it!

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

People need income and housing security but these aren't in abundant supply in the UK of today as well as to regain some of their lost income levels, throughout many recent years.Typical remainer post are you people never happy about anything?"

By *ab_SparklesWoman  over a year ago

sparkle Surprised

I was having a chat with a friend on the phone today and i actually shocked him.

When attending the local job Centre the 6mths but more notably 3mths the people coming in having lost their jobs.

When doing their finally agreement form online, being now UC.

They are asked there housing situation 2out of 3 that I've overheard had a mortgage.

It's currently the working people who had their own place and now looking at eventually becoming homeless if nothing becomes available to pay their mortgage.

I sometimes feel like getting up and telling them everything will be OK because the people in front of them just don't know what to say. Some i feel are genuine but others aren't.

I've worked on off currently not because now registered disabled, the jobs I did was cleaning mostly. I currently work volunteering for my local council as data input from home to upgrade my I.T skills alongside my qualifications.

It does not matter who you are but I find it hard to believe that employment as gone up when I'm sat in the job centre hearing all of this.

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

While the government and some here are touting these figures as proof of how well everything is going I wonder how many know exactly what constitutes employment for the purposes of the LFS (labour force survey)? Which is where this figure comes from.

For the purposes of the survey anyone who works more than 1 hour a week, paid or unpaid, is on a government DWP scheme or course or is a carer including those caring for family members is classed as employed.

The figures are not quite as impressive as the government make them out to be now, are they?

moston

"I currently work volunteering for my local council as data input from home to upgrade my I.T skills alongside my qualifications. "

So because you are registered disabled (and therefore get ESA/PIP) you work for free taking a paid job away from someone else and then come on here to tell us all how great you are. The Tories love the likes of you.

sparkle Surprised

"I currently work volunteering for my local council as data input from home to upgrade my I.T skills alongside my qualifications.

So because you are registered disabled (and therefore get ESA/PIP) you work for free taking a paid job away from someone else and then come on here to tell us all how great you are. The Tories love the likes of you."

Its allowed via the job centre with the community work advisor who works within the job centre. I'm allowed no more than 10hrs a week and still have to do 17hrs job search a week. So you are telling me that the job centre are in the wrong for allowing it. I claim jsa not esa

moston

"Its allowed via the job centre with the community work advisor who works within the job centre. I'm allowed no more than 10hrs a week and still have to do 17hrs job search a week. So you are telling me that the job centre are in the wrong for allowing it. I claim jsa not esa "

Are you really that obtuse?

The Tory run DWP 'allows' you to do 10 hours free work a week. So not only do you help remove a paying job from local government (remember the Tories hate anything but the most minimal government because it forces taxes on the rich (Tories) up) but you are now 'employed' for statistical purposes (see my post above that explains how we have the highest employment figures since 1975 according to the DWP).

If I were a Tory I'd be pissing myself laughing at you and all the others that have bought into the conservative CON trick!

But hey ho what do I know...

I'm nothing more than a Tory hating JC supporter.

sparkle Surprised

It's a volunteer job we're I'm taking the old archive files and reforming into data cells we're a actually paying person then puts it on the digital database on the council website.

(Which I'm trained to do but they are not asking for that)

So no I'm not steeling anyone's actual job, you jumped before you could run and accused me of such. I can continue doing this for how ever long i like even after i get a job.

Damed if you do and damed if you don't, I could have not worked but while I was very ill i was frankly bored. So I'm re training for the more modern approach to I.T.

moston

"It's a volunteer job we're I'm taking the old archive files and reforming into data cells we're a actually paying person then puts it on the digital database on the council website.

(Which I'm trained to do but they are not asking for that)

So no I'm not steeling anyone's actual job, you jumped before you could run and accused me of such. I can continue doing this for how ever long i like even after i get a job.

Damed if you do and damed if you don't, I could have not worked but while I was very ill i was frankly bored. So I'm re training for the more modern approach to I.T.

"

FFS!

I'm a volunteer so it does not count...

Are you really that thick?

Remember this thread is called:

empolyment highest since 1975

The 'Labour Work Survey' is where that figure comes from, this is how they get to that figure:

The survey counts anyone who works more than 1 hour a week, paid or unpaid, is on a government or DWP scheme or course or is a carer (including those caring for family members) as employed.

Now who is it supervises your voluntary work and where did you say they based? How many other unemployed people like you are working according to the DWP? And when you count up all the hours how many full time paid jobs is that being done for a substance benefit? And before you have a go at me for calling it that remember you are the one who said there are people who are going to become homeless if they are on that benefit for any time. Finally how is you spending any hours updating any government archive records (local or otherwise) for free, regardless of how menial the task, not removing those paying hours from the market?

Rather than getting upset with me you should be upset with the shits who are clearly exploiting you and using your exploitation to further exploit others.

sparkle Surprised

I chose to do it i found it . i was not forced to do it for fear of losing my jsa, big difference there. They legally helped me.

I wanted to better myself. So I did.

Esa, jsa, UC all have different rules so depending what you are on. As all three are still active in my area until fully rolled out. Or a major change in then you go on UC. Volunteering isn't classed as such.

Maybe i should be one of those activist sit in a tree get stuck in submit a new CV. My hobby section would make interesting viewing.

I don't think this is a remainder leaver type of argument. We have t left yet. This is a pro and anti tory argument to have.

I didn't say it had anything to do with BREXIT- not everything does, in spite of those obsessed by it and their efforts to connect everything to it.

"

Sorry Jimi, it was a reply to Costa's typical remainer comment. I quoted the wrong post.

near ipswich

Sorry Jimi, it was a reply to Costa's typical remainer comment. I quoted the wrong post."

Where do i mention anything about brexit? think you are making your own mind up about what is posted instead of actually reading it.

Sorry Jimi, it was a reply to Costa's typical remainer comment. I quoted the wrong post.Where do i mention anything about brexit? think you are making your own mind up about what is posted instead of actually reading it."

It's not related to Brexit. It's the petty "remain are negative", "leavers are ignoring facts argument". I didn't bring these comments in. I was commenting on it. I'm not a remainer or a leaver. I want to move past it and look at things objectively.

Can the government change the stats to make it look good? Of course they can. Statisticians can alter the results. But for those who claim the Tories are changing the way they measure. Share how? Find another metric to prove it.

If unemployment is going down but poverty is getting worse... Why can't both be true? There can be a greater distance between rich and poor.

By *uck-RogersMan  over a year ago

Portland

The torrie's cooking the books again. May taking a leaf out of Maggies book.

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

Funny though... It doesn't feel like that.

Up here in the NW where it is always grim - we have more in-work poverty than at any time since the Victorian era.

We live in a civilised, first world country and it should be a basic expectation to be able to live comfortably.

» Add a new message to this topic