FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Fiona Onasanya Petition

Fiona Onasanya Petition

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *entaur_UK OP   Man  over a year ago

Cannock

The MP for Peterborough Fiona Onasanya who was recently convicted in a court of law and served time in Prison (did not serve her full sentence) for telling lies about driving her car while speeding is facing a petition in her constituency to take part in a by election. If just 10% of her constituents (reported as around 7000 people), sign the petition then she will be forced to take part in a by election. She is formerly a Labour MP but Labour kicked her out of the party following her conviction. She has refused to resign as an MP and still sits in Parliament. She has also now urged her constituents not to sign the petition.

Are there any of her constituents on here and will you be signing the petition to trigger a by election or are you following her advice and refusing to sign it to keep her in her seat?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *nleashedCrakenMan  over a year ago

Widnes

Regardless of the rights and wrongs of this; it's hardly surprising, as she's refused to resign, that she's urging people not to sign the petition to force a bi election; is it?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Any MP kicked out or leaves their party should automatically trigger a by election.

her arragance is her undoing, there should be an automatice election for her post.

End of

[Removed by poster at 20/03/19 07:00:00]

She's got big balls and she's apparently innocent .It'll be interesting if she stays.

We do live in an age of personal truths and fake news

By *aren grantTV/TS  over a year ago

kyle

"She's got big balls and she's apparently innocent .It'll be interesting if she stays.

"

Innocent only because she says she is. A court and Appeal court think differently.

Still, a convicted MP wearing a tag fits in well with the present mob in the Commons.

By *nleashedCrakenMan  over a year ago

Widnes

"Any MP kicked out or leaves their party should automatically trigger a by election. "

An MP who is convicted of a criminal offense then probably yes. An MP that puts their duty to their constituents and their country before party loyalty, definitely not.

Somebody I know is a constituent of hers and has signed it

"Any MP kicked out or leaves their party should automatically trigger a by election.

An MP who is convicted of a criminal offense then probably yes. An MP that puts their duty to their constituents and their country before party loyalty, definitely not.

"

I think when you vote for an MP your also voting for their parties manifesto or part of so by leaving their party no matter why they leave could totally nullifies why people voted for them in the first place.

Also saying "An MP that puts their duty to their constituents and their country before party loyalty, definitely not" is totally subjective, whats seen as good for one constituent can easily be seen as bad for another.

How would voters feel if there was a mass exodus of MP's over to a party like the BNP.

If an MP changes their colours then the people who voted them in should get to decide if the wholesale change to their vote still resonates with them or not.

"She's got big balls and she's apparently innocent .It'll be interesting if she stays.

Innocent only because she says she is. A court and Appeal court think differently.

Still, a convicted MP wearing a tag fits in well with the present mob in the Commons."

I'm guessing she believes alternative facts and personal truths are accepted today.Its the age we live in.

Nobody cares about the truth unless it aligns with their biases. .

I hope she stays.

By *wosmilersCouple  over a year ago

Heathrowish

She has not been convicted of a crime of conscience. She was convicted of promulgation of a lie for personal gain.

Her appeal didn't get past first base.

Remaining an MP brings the political classes further into disrepute at a time when the people (ie. those that are paying good money for representation by these politicians), probably feel very let down in the shadow of the expenses scandal, the Brexit mismanagement and other non partisan failures.

What possible benefit to the electorate could a lying, convict without a political home represent?

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Throw the liar out.

"Throw the liar out. "

She's a politician .They all are liars.She's in good company if she stays. .

Being a liar is a prerequisite to becoming an MP.

Heathrowish

"Throw the liar out.

Being a liar is a prerequisite to becoming an MP."

I don't agree that because she is unfit in a sea of sewerage, she should be allowed to stay.

You can pick off the obvious cases one by one.

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

"She has not been convicted of a crime of conscience. She was convicted of promulgation of a lie for personal gain.

Her appeal didn't get past first base.

Remaining an MP brings the political classes further into disrepute at a time when the people (ie. those that are paying good money for representation by these politicians), probably feel very let down in the shadow of the expenses scandal, the Brexit mismanagement and other non partisan failures.

What possible benefit to the electorate could a lying, convict without a political home represent?"

Have you not realized by all his posts its a troll? will just say the opposite to get a reaction.

"Throw the liar out.

I don't agree that because she is unfit in a sea of sewerage, she should be allowed to stay.

"

For me her crime is low on the radar.

Plenty of shady business goes unchecked in Westminster .

It's a minor offence .Shes not stolen from tax payer or given a contract to an old school chum.Or asked the public to pay for a floating duck house fraudulently.

By *ross-eyed MaryMan  over a year ago

Salisbury

"Throw the liar out.

It's a minor offence .Shes not stolen from tax payer or given a contract to an old school chum.Or asked the public to pay for a floating duck house fraudulently.

"

Don't forget the paedophiles...

By *verysmileMan  over a year ago

CANTERBURY

"Throw the liar out.

"

You tend to take an alternative view to the law.....it is not minor when a lawmaker considers herself beyond the law and lies to attempt to pervert the course of justice. Regardless of the abuse of position, someone convicted in such circumstances should be recalled and not allowed to set our laws.

"Throw the liar out.

Don't forget the paedophiles..."

Well yes our PM while at the home office lost 114 documents naming pedophiles in parliament.

But hey there are worse crimes like speeding and pretending it wasn't you.

By *ross-eyed MaryMan  over a year ago

Salisbury

"Throw the liar out.

Well yes our PM while at the home office lost 114 documents naming pedophiles in parliament.

But hey there are worse crimes like speeding and pretending it wasn't you. "

I thought she tripped and accidentally dropped them into the shredder...

Heathrowish

"Throw the liar out.

But hey there are worse crimes like speeding and pretending it wasn't you. "

Crimes are crimes. The scale of a crime may be mitigation but does not excuse the crime.

...our PM has a lot to answer for during her time in her previous role. Give it 40 years and it will all come out.

By *aren grantTV/TS  over a year ago

kyle

"Throw the liar out.

"

Speeding is a minor offence but she was convicted of attempting to pervert the course of justice by lying to the court over who was driving the car, a much more serious offence. Stupid as well, if she had accepted the charge of speeding she would have got points on her license and a relatively small fine, it would barely have rated a note in her local newspaper.

"Throw the liar out.

But hey there are worse crimes like speeding and pretending it wasn't you.

Crimes are crimes. The scale of a crime may be mitigation but does not excuse the crime.

...our PM has a lot to answer for during her time in her previous role. Give it 40 years and it will all come out."

I'm sure the pedophiles will all be dead by then.How convenient.

No doubt the tory voters will sleep well in that knowledge. .Stay classy now.

By *entaur_UK OP   Man  over a year ago

Cannock

"Throw the liar out.

You tend to take an alternative view to the law.....it is not minor when a lawmaker considers herself beyond the law and lies to attempt to pervert the course of justice. Regardless of the abuse of position, someone convicted in such circumstances should be recalled and not allowed to set our laws."

I wouldn't worry too much as I think the 10% threshold needed for the petition will easily be reached and then some. Fiona Onasanya will be facing a by election very soon.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

By Election time in a leave area.

Farage will have his beady eye on this one.

Heathrowish

One down, 649 to go......

By *xperimentalistMan  over a year ago

East Yorkshire

20,000 signed it and so election triggered by the people for the first time in history.

Personal opinion, shady piece of work.

She was only sentenced to 3 months so by law she didn't have to stand down, only if convicted for 12+ months.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

won't be the last.... there may be another one coming in the next few weeks with the tory mp chris davies pleading guilty to two counts of fiddling expenses...

the interesting thing is that she only won the seat by 600 to begin with, and there is talk that farage will run for the brexit party.....

not even peterborough deserve that!!!

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"Any MP kicked out or leaves their party should automatically trigger a by election. "

By *ethnmelvCouple  over a year ago

Chudleigh

As MPs are voted by their entire Constituency and not just party members this doesn’t seem right. But if you think a substantive number of people signing a petition should be enough to change something, we could maybe look at the Revoke Article 50 one?

Yep voted and now she has gone good riddance x

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

"Yep voted and now she has gone good riddance x"

She can stand for re-election should she choose to.

A liar of a woman only out to save own horrible skin

"won't be the last.... there may be another one coming in the next few weeks with the tory mp chris davies pleading guilty to two counts of fiddling expenses...

the interesting thing is that she only won the seat by 600 to begin with, and there is talk that farage will run for the brexit party.....

not even peterborough deserve that!!! "

I'd welcome the Brexit party fighting for a seat in Parliament

It would mean they'd need a manifesto rather than soundbites.

And views on things other than brexit.

Inclusing clarity on how they wj change politics. And what the new world should look like.

It would add a bit of focus to their fundraising. Which looks suspect even if it isn't.

And if successful nige would have to butt heads with informed people. Rather than LBC listeners.

May be fun to have him on a select committee so we have some recorded minutes.

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Newbury

I don't think it should....

But mostly because it's a quick acid test for integrity.

If they leave and don't (especially so in a "safe" seat), you automatically know they don't have a single principle or shred of integrity.

"Yep voted and now she has gone good riddance x

She can stand for re-election should she choose to. "

She has said she won't be standing again. Maybe she has realised she doesn't have a hope in hell of being re-elected.

"Yep voted and now she has gone good riddance x"

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

looks like the peterborough by election just got a bit more interesting...

change uk, lib dems and the greens are all going to stand behind 1 independent "remain" candidate......

if this tactic works... i wonder if they will do it in all by elections until the general.....

Grantham

"looks like the peterborough by election just got a bit more interesting...

change uk, lib dems and the greens are all going to stand behind 1 independent "remain" candidate......

if this tactic works... i wonder if they will do it in all by elections until the general....."

Peterborough was very big Brexit country at the referendum.

A lot of leavers in Peterborough and that has not changed. Plus Peterborough has just been voted worst place to live in UK. Not a good look x

While you wouldn't be suprised if a Brexit party candidate wins, it will be interesting to see if a big leave area has softened at all.

"A lot of leavers in Peterborough and that has not changed. Plus Peterborough has just been voted worst place to live in UK. Not a good look x"

And they think things are going to improve by leaving the EU?

"While you wouldn't be suprised if a Brexit party candidate wins, it will be interesting to see if a big leave area has softened at all. "

I don't think we have but will wait and see. The list of nominations have to be in by 4pm tomorrow and election on 6th June x

"A lot of leavers in Peterborough and that has not changed. Plus Peterborough has just been voted worst place to live in UK. Not a good look x

And they think things are going to improve by leaving the EU?

"

Will wait and see Peterborough is highly populated but it is also very segregated. Definitely not what it was when I was growing up and have lived in Peterborough all my life x

I see gorgeous George Galloway is throwing his hat in the ring.

God bless him..

"I see gorgeous George Galloway is throwing his hat in the ring.

God bless him.. "

Not been able to look at him in the same way since the big brother house lol x

Grantham

"looks like the peterborough by election just got a bit more interesting...

if this tactic works... i wonder if they will do it in all by elections until the general....."

That went well then! No agreement, a good measure of back stabbing and 15 candidates.

» Add a new message to this topic