FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > PM's request to extend Article 50

PM's request to extend Article 50

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

As we have heard or read in the news this morning, the Prime Minister has written to Donald Tusk requesting an extension to article 50 until no later than 30th June, while the EU commission have indicated that any delay must be no later than 23rd May due to forthcoming EU elections.

Just been announced on the news that French President Emmanuel Macron has already indicated that France may veto this request stating that such an extension should only be granted if the PM can get her deal through parliament - in other words, she would need to put the deal before the commons and have it approved prior to 29th March, which seems a rather tall order given Speaker Bercow's intervention on Monday.

The plot thickens

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

We only need 1 of the EU 27 to say no, just 1, hopefully one of them has enough of an axe to grind that they'd be willing to pull that trigger

"We only need 1 of the EU 27 to say no, just 1, hopefully one of them has enough of an axe to grind that they'd be willing to pull that trigger "

The EU stands to get £1 trillion of assets transferred into Euro zone countries as soon as we are out. As reported by the Financial Times. So someone won’t want to wait longer for that so they can start taxing those transactions.

"We only need 1 of the EU 27 to say no, just 1, hopefully one of them has enough of an axe to grind that they'd be willing to pull that trigger "

Exactly.

I'd already heard some rumours that Italy might veto it, but have to admit that I was rather surprised that France was the first to suggest that they might.

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

"We only need 1 of the EU 27 to say no, just 1, hopefully one of them has enough of an axe to grind that they'd be willing to pull that trigger

Exactly.

I'd already heard some rumours that Italy might veto it, but have to admit that I was rather surprised that France was the first to suggest that they might."

Actually the position seems more likely before the European elections or a long delay.

We choose.

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

Please, please, just put us out of our misery, EU.

"Please, please, just put us out of our misery, EU.

"

Unfortunately that's the position government & parliament has put us in.

Bristol East

This is what France is saying:

“First, that the extension has the aim of finalising the ratification of the withdrawal agreement; second, that the UK is very clear that the withdrawal agreement fixed in November will not be renegotiated and its integrity will be preserved; and third, the UK does not take part in the European elections.”

The ball is back in May’s court - get your MPs to approve and you can stay until May 23.

May has invited all the Opposition leaders to Downing Street.

Nine days to go and finally she looks beyond appeasement of her own extremists.

Too feckin’ late.

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

And finally, it has taken the actions of TWO exceptional politicians to eventually bring Brexit into sharp focus.

John Bercow last week for stopping Theresa May faffing around and Donald Tusk saying just now that ANY extension is only possible if the Withdrawal Agreement is ratified in Parliament next week.

So it has all boiled down to Theresa Mays deal - or no deal and it will be decided next week - no more faffing around.

My betting is that the Agreement won't go through and we will crash out on Friday next week.

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

"And finally, it has taken the actions of TWO exceptional politicians to eventually bring Brexit into sharp focus.

John Bercow last week for stopping Theresa May faffing around and Donald Tusk saying just now that ANY extension is only possible if the Withdrawal Agreement is ratified in Parliament next week.

So it has all boiled down to Theresa Mays deal - or no deal and it will be decided next week - no more faffing around.

My betting is that the Agreement won't go through and we will crash out on Friday next week."

Bercow said they cant have another vote on the same thing so game up leave with no deal next week.

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

"And finally, it has taken the actions of TWO exceptional politicians to eventually bring Brexit into sharp focus.

My betting is that the Agreement won't go through and we will crash out on Friday next week.Bercow said they cant have another vote on the same thing so game up leave with no deal next week."

There is a substantial change to the outcomes and so I am fairly certain that Bercow will allow it and put the whole country out of its misery.

My betting is that the Agreement won't go through and we will crash out on Friday next week.Bercow said they cant have another vote on the same thing so game up leave with no deal next week.

There is a substantial change to the outcomes and so I am fairly certain that Bercow will allow it and put the whole country out of its misery."

Let's hope you are correct because this is sheer purgatory.

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

It's time that May faced reality. Everyone with the slightest bit of sense recognises that "no deal" will crucify the country. Pretty well everyone recognises that "May's deal" has all the disadvantages of staying in the EU and none of the benefits. Both of these have been voted down by parliament.

When the history books are written May will be remembered as either the worst PM ever, that put her own personal need for power first and caused the economic ruin of the country. Or as the PM that made mistakes costing the country plenty, but at the 11th hour defied everything to preserve the leading role of the UK within the greatest socio-economic union in the world.

Mendacious destroyer. Or last minute hero.

Bristol East

"Bercow said they cant have another vote on the same thing so game up leave with no deal next week."

Ha . . . poor man. I think he might buckle before then

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

" Bercow said they cant have another vote on the same thing so game up leave with no deal next week."

no.... you have to listen to what bercow actually said.... he said he is not minded to have another vote on the same bill if nothing changes...

if something "fairly substantive" were to happen, then it could still be brought up, and he could still allow the debate...

bearing in mind any A50 extension would have to be debated, because it would mean a change in the law, then if the A50 extension is tied to the WA/MV3... then a decision might be taken out of his hand....

may bent once again to the ERG/Brexiteers by ruling out an ask for a long extension.... and why are the tory waverers and the DUP going to budge if the long extension is being ruled out and it becomes a case of her deal and no deal....

i think MV3 ruled out.... she ends up having to ask for a long delay, and she finally ends up resigning.........

near ipswich

"It's time that May faced reality. Everyone with the slightest bit of sense recognises that "no deal" will crucify the country. Pretty well everyone recognises that "May's deal" has all the disadvantages of staying in the EU and none of the benefits. Both of these have been voted down by parliament.

When the history books are written May will be remembered as either the worst PM ever, that put her own personal need for power first and caused the economic ruin of the country. Or as the PM that made mistakes costing the country plenty, but at the 11th hour defied everything to preserve the leading role of the UK within the greatest socio-economic union in the world.

Mendacious destroyer. Or last minute hero."

I think she has stated that she will not stand for pm again so i cant see where you get your "thirst for power" idea and seems to me the only one who is actually trying to do what the people voted for.

Bristol East

I've no doubt she thinks she is doing the right thing.

That's the problem.

She won't listen to anyone except the conversation going on in her head.

She fought tooth and nail to keep Parliament out of the process, wasting millions of £s.

When she lost that, she circled the wagons and kept Parliament and her party out of the negotiation.

She came back waving a piece of paper, oblivious to the fact she had not taken her party and Parliament with her.

And then, horror of horror, she discovered people did not like what she had cooked up in secret.

That's not leadership - that is someone utterly, utterly out of their depth and exposed.

By *oodmessMan  over a year ago

yumsville

The absurdity of what is happening is unparalleled. There is going to be politicking beyond realms we have never seen before.

At present people are saying Tusk is exceptional, but he has basically just said - accept the deal or your games last week (and those leading up to) have just taken you out by default.

If he is exceptional then what does that make the deal that everyone is voting down - what does that may May and the civil service that has gotten more than any other agreement to present date?

It is surprising it takes someone not from the establishment and our 'political rival' to possibly tell the UK our processes (as 27 have to agree it), when the professional class has just voted to take ourselves out and Bercow said as much. The fact they can't own the decision is all that Tusk clarified.

West London

My betting is that the Agreement won't go through and we will crash out on Friday next week."

Not quite. A long delay remains possible and it will be granted at the very last moment if requested. That's been stated.

near ipswich

My betting is that the Agreement won't go through and we will crash out on Friday next week.

Not quite. A long delay remains possible and it will be granted at the very last moment if requested. That's been stated."

I think you will find the french ruled out a long extension.

Bristol East

i watched May repeat what she has said before.

This time beating up Parliament.

The people she needs on side to achieve what she says she wants.

She had absolutely nothing new to say, no new ideas.

Just bitterness towards MPs, the very people she needs on her side.

She is toast. She is hopeless. She is finished.

yumsville

"

She is toast. She is hopeless. She is finished.

"

Ummm to put this into perspective. No aye votes were ever going to be got from labour, green, lib or the snp's.

By *rench letterCouple  over a year ago

Chorley,

Same old crap as the last speech she made.

"Same old crap as the last speech she made. "

Ha, missed it, damn pesky office distractions

Anything good? Got LBC on to hear what's happening

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Same old crap as the last speech she made. "

I think i said the last time she did one one those was that she was the "least self aware" politican i think i have even encountered...

I stand by that now that ever...

blame everyone else but yourself.... bend to the Hardliners in the ERG and the DUP, but fob of the chance of any compromise....

party first before country......

even if it means tearing the tory party apart with whoever comes next... she has to go!

Blaming everyone else but herself.

I think we are seeing the last days of her as PM.

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

Not quite. A long delay remains possible and it will be granted at the very last moment if requested. That's been stated.I think you will find the french ruled out a long extension."

Yep, and Theresa May just ruled out any extension beyond June 30th in her address to the nation.

Tusk said earlier the EU will only agree to extension if Parliament votes for May's deal next week. If parliament rejects May's deal again we're out with no deal on March 29th.

Not quite. A long delay remains possible and it will be granted at the very last moment if requested. That's been stated.I think you will find the french ruled out a long extension.

Yep, and Theresa May just ruled out any extension beyond June 30th in her address to the nation.

Tusk said earlier the EU will only agree to extension if Parliament votes for May's deal next week. If parliament rejects May's deal again we're out with no deal on March 29th.

"

So, if Parliament know its either the deal or No Deal I think after all this bluster they will vote for TM's negotiated deal.

Cannock

Not quite. A long delay remains possible and it will be granted at the very last moment if requested. That's been stated.I think you will find the french ruled out a long extension.

So, if Parliament know its either the deal or No Deal I think after all this bluster they will vote for TM's negotiated deal. "

Be interesting to find out. I think the way it stands now the DUP and the ERG will vote against it again. Just depends if enough Labour MP's come to save May because they want to avoid a no deal scenario.

Bristol East

"

So, if Parliament know its either the deal or No Deal I think after all this bluster they will vote for TM's negotiated deal. "

I don't think she has a hope of getting it through.

Last time out, she went down by 149.

So she needs to persuade at least 75 to change their mind.

Assuming the Opposition continues to vote No, that means she needs 100 per cent of her party and the DUP.

Even allowing for a few Labour voting with her, 20 Tory rebels or so will be enough to sink it again.

"

So, if Parliament know its either the deal or No Deal I think after all this bluster they will vote for TM's negotiated deal.

I don't think she has a hope of getting it through.

Last time out, she went down by 149.

So she needs to persuade at least 75 to change their mind.

Assuming the Opposition continues to vote No, that means she needs 100 per cent of her party and the DUP.

Even allowing for a few Labour voting with her, 20 Tory rebels or so will be enough to sink it again.

"

But if voting the deal down they then accept no deal that has already been voted off the table.

Unless she scraps Brexit all together

Newcastle and Gateshead

that is what centy would like to think will happen....

in the real world... here is what is more likely to happen!!

MV3 gets voted down.... again (now what is the incentive for the ERG or DUP to move?... and there are nowhere near enough labour mp's in northern seats that will support the deal! they will only budge if there is a reasonable chance it passes, otherwise why waste political credit!

May knowing last week she got voted down on the no deal brexit option by 50 after trying to whip everyone.... then works out she will have to get a long delay option

EU will have that on table ready... and will give her 2 options...

a) short delay... to provide for a GE or a 2nd referendum vote

b) long delay... so they can try to finally go cross party to reach a consensus (the norway option)

if she loses MV3.... i think may will finally go....

Bristol East

"

But if voting the deal down they then accept no deal that has already been voted off the table. "

If they vote the deal down again, the UK leaves on March 29 without an agreement.

Unless:

a) Parliament orders the revocation of Article 50

b) The EU offers them a way out

"

I do not understand people like you, you are happy that UK can leave the EU with a no deal like a child and you do not realize what the consequences of this step will be. Either you don't think what you're writing about or you're just plain ignorant with complexes. Or one or the other because I do not believe that you do not care about the fate of your family and your countrymen.

Mr A

Bristol East

Empathy is in very short supply in some parts.

yumsville

"Unless she scraps Brexit all together "

There might not be need to. According to Newsnight, Cooper and Letwin are looking to table an amendment to an amendment that has cross party support for a customs union and single market access draft legal text (don't quote me).

It sounds far too late in the process. It sounds as if you appease the remain voters but not the leave voters - one plan for another.

yumsville

Why is MV3 so set in stone too? Has Bercow said (the possible extension) is change enough to allow it to go ahead?

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

There is no plot,she will never get her deal through parliament so we leave next Friday

upton wirral

"Blaming everyone else but herself.

"

We know this anyway,once we are out she will leave all over with a bit of luck

yumsville

"Blaming everyone else but herself.

We know this anyway,once we are out she will leave all over with a bit of luck"

Aaaaannd a true brexiteer PM will be installed - hurrah!

I do not understand people like you, you are happy that UK can leave the EU with a no deal like a child and you do not realize what the consequences of this step will be. Either you don't think what you're writing about or you're just plain ignorant with complexes. Or one or the other because I do not believe that you do not care about the fate of your family and your countrymen.

Mr A "

Yeah it's called being wilfully ignorant.

By *inkyLondonpairCouple  over a year ago

London

"There is no plot,she will never get her deal through parliament so we leave next Friday"

There's a majority in Parliament against no deal. Hence if her deal doesn't get through, the UK will ask for a longer extension and the only way we will then get no deal is if the UK refuse that request.

Hence no deal will only happen if the EU forces it on the UK against the will of the UK government and Parliament.

I suspect the irony of that will cause an explosion in the heads of many brexiteers.

London

Sorry, EU refuses the request.

near ipswich

"There is no plot,she will never get her deal through parliament so we leave next Friday

There's a majority in Parliament against no deal. Hence if her deal doesn't get through, the UK will ask for a longer extension and the only way we will then get no deal is if the UK refuse that request.

Hence no deal will only happen if the EU forces it on the UK against the will of the UK government and Parliament.

I suspect the irony of that will cause an explosion in the heads of many brexiteers. "

They might still refuse the short extension shes ask for what makes you think they would grant a long one?

By *oi_LucyCouple  over a year ago

Barbados

"There is no plot,she will never get her deal through parliament so we leave next Friday

I suspect the irony of that will cause an explosion in the heads of many brexiteers. They might still refuse the short extension shes ask for what makes you think they would grant a long one?"

Because a short one would be pointless. A long one might give us a chance to actually do what we should have done in the first place and work out what the hell the country actually wants (you know, the thing you don't care about) and how we'd do it.

-Matt

By *ethnmelvCouple  over a year ago

Chudleigh

I suspect the irony of that will cause an explosion in the heads of many brexiteers. They might still refuse the short extension shes ask for what makes you think they would grant a long one?"

Revoke A50 and we have control back - simples

London

Because I think that, mightily pissed of as the EU are with the UK, they will consider it more in their interests to give the UK time to sort itself out than the disruption that no deal will cause to them.

That will be dependent however on May resigning and the prospect of a more sensible government. Personally I think she will resign if her deal goes down again next week.

London

I suspect the irony of that will cause an explosion in the heads of many brexiteers. They might still refuse the short extension shes ask for what makes you think they would grant a long one?

Revoke A50 and we have control back - simples "

I agree, but I think that would be politically impossible for a Tory pm.

Newcastle and Gateshead

" They might still refuse the short extension shes ask for what makes you think they would grant a long one?"

because it would give time for people to rally around a consensus... for example a norway plus/ common market 2.0 idea.....

also the end result is more likely to be a softer brexit (i.e staying in a customs union) than it would otherwise if may just listens to her hard right brexiteers rather than listening to all sides....

the problem is that she is more concerned about the state of her party than she is about the state of the nation......

near ipswich

" They might still refuse the short extension shes ask for what makes you think they would grant a long one?

because it would give time for people to rally around a consensus... for example a norway plus/ common market 2.0 idea.....

also the end result is more likely to be a softer brexit (i.e staying in a customs union) than it would otherwise if may just listens to her hard right brexiteers rather than listening to all sides....

the problem is that she is more concerned about the state of her party than she is about the state of the nation...... "

It would mean that we would have mep,s in the next elections in june a vote on the new presidents and possibly a vote on the eu spending budget i dont think they would want that for one minute.Also macron has said he doesnt want us anywhere near new elections i not clear why but he seems to think it would give more credence to le penn and her party.

" They might still refuse the short extension shes ask for what makes you think they would grant a long one?

the problem is that she is more concerned about the state of her party than she is about the state of the nation...... "

Your right she puts party first over country . I think the party is crumbling around her and soon the conservative party will be a shadow of its former self.If it exists at all in any sense in the future .

Bristol East

May spent two years - and millions of £s in legal fees - trying to keep Parliament (and most of her party) out of this process.

At every turn, she has sought to block court cases - and lost - and withhold information and legal opinion.

Her sole focus since November has been to find a way to mollify the ultras in Parliament - the bigots of the DUP and the UKIP faction of her own party.

At no stage, not even after chucking away the majority of 10 she inherited, has she sought consensus across parties.

Every single action, every single decision, has been an attempt to manage the civil war of the Conservative Party.

It has failed spectacularly.

She seems to believe that the interests of the Conservative Party and the interests of the country are one and the same thing. It is the born to rule mindset of the Conservative Party.

I have no sympathy for her whatsoever. She is an abysmal Prime Minister.

If she survives until May 28, she will have outserved Gordon Brown. He was pretty hopeless as a leader. But May is in a different league altogether.

Bristol East

" Also macron has said he doesnt want us anywhere near new elections i not clear why but he seems to think it would give more credence to le penn and her party. "

Perhaps. But in a European context, the last thing it wants is a slew of Brexit MPs from Britain.

I mean, who could be bothered to vote in the May 23 elections here, apart from the Captain Manwaring types marching from Sunderland?

Chudleigh

the problem is that she is more concerned about the state of her party than she is about the state of the nation...... It would mean that we would have mep,s in the next elections in june a vote on the new presidents and possibly a vote on the eu spending budget i dont think they would want that for one minute.Also macron has said he doesnt want us anywhere near new elections i not clear why but he seems to think it would give more credence to le penn and her party. "

Where as if we stay we rightly get to vote and decide on presidents and budgets - all of a sudden we get to be in the driving seat - negotiation isn’t hard if you look at the big picture and work out what you want first!

near ipswich

the problem is that she is more concerned about the state of her party than she is about the state of the nation...... It would mean that we would have mep,s in the next elections in june a vote on the new presidents and possibly a vote on the eu spending budget i dont think they would want that for one minute.Also macron has said he doesnt want us anywhere near new elections i not clear why but he seems to think it would give more credence to le penn and her party.

Where as if we stay we rightly get to vote and decide on presidents and budgets - all of a sudden we get to be in the driving seat - negotiation isn’t hard if you look at the big picture and work out what you want first!"

What i want is none of them, total waist of money we dont need a eu parliament or god knows how many presidents all with their snouts in the trough,jobs for the boys cant you see you are being mugged off?.Of course there are so many remain mps they can see a future gravy train once they are finished with in domestic politics and big fat pensions.Spending tax payers money on jolly,s all over the world.Ever notice where they hold these summits? could all be done by conference calls but no they wouldnt be able to stay in fancy hotels and eat in fantastic restaurants on our money if they did that.Many countries trade without having to have the same governments i cant believe so many people have been taken in by this big con which is the eu.

Bristol East

When it comes to snouts in the trough (or moats) and first-class jollies, I’ll happily concede that is something the British are world-class at. Europe doesn’t even rate.

"... i cant believe so many people have been taken in by this big con which is the eu."

Careful Costa, you sound like you're about to have a stroke.

London

the problem is that she is more concerned about the state of her party than she is about the state of the nation...... It would mean that we would have mep,s in the next elections in june a vote on the new presidents and possibly a vote on the eu spending budget i dont think they would want that for one minute.Also macron has said he doesnt want us anywhere near new elections i not clear why but he seems to think it would give more credence to le penn and her party.

Where as if we stay we rightly get to vote and decide on presidents and budgets - all of a sudden we get to be in the driving seat - negotiation isn’t hard if you look at the big picture and work out what you want first!"

As I say the huge irony is that had we not decided to leave we would have been in the room with all the other leaders having an input in all the vital decisions.

Today the British Pm will be sitting outside the room whilst eu leaders make an important decision about Britain's future.

Taking back control my arse.

Barbados

Where as if we stay we rightly get to vote and decide on presidents and budgets - all of a sudden we get to be in the driving seat - negotiation isn’t hard if you look at the big picture and work out what you want first!What i want is none of them, total waist of money we dont need a eu parliament or god knows how many presidents all with their snouts in the trough,jobs for the boys cant you see you are being mugged off?.Of course there are so many remain mps they can see a future gravy train once they are finished with in domestic politics and big fat pensions.Spending tax payers money on jolly,s all over the world.Ever notice where they hold these summits? could all be done by conference calls but no they wouldnt be able to stay in fancy hotels and eat in fantastic restaurants on our money if they did that.Many countries trade without having to have the same governments i cant believe so many people have been taken in by this big con which is the eu."

I take it you have never done a business negotiation in your life, Costa? Whilst video conferencing technology has come a long way, still face to face is the most constructive and valuable way. Especially when trying to judge the feeling of so many people. I work for a large company and run many virtual meetings, they are great and have their place. But if you are trying to really judge something then a face to face meeting is still far more valuable.

But think about it... .where would you hold these summits? On a business park outside Guildford with everyone staying in the local premier inn? No, sorry, if you are talking about bringing together world leaders and politicians, then I don't begrudge them their expenses and being able to travel and stay somewhere nice.

-Matt

Barbados

"... i cant believe so many people have been taken in by this big con which is the eu.

Careful Costa, you sound like you're about to have a stroke. "

Wait until he hears what May say on landing in Brussels just now:

"A short extension gives us that opportunity to decide to leave the European Union, to deliver on that result of that referendum and I sincerely hope that will be with a negotiated deal."

*opportunity to decide to leave*

All the "We won get over it" brigade are going to be spitting out their tea at that.

-Matt

near ipswich

Where as if we stay we rightly get to vote and decide on presidents and budgets - all of a sudden we get to be in the driving seat - negotiation isn’t hard if you look at the big picture and work out what you want first!What i want is none of them, total waist of money we dont need a eu parliament or god knows how many presidents all with their snouts in the trough,jobs for the boys cant you see you are being mugged off?.Of course there are so many remain mps they can see a future gravy train once they are finished with in domestic politics and big fat pensions.Spending tax payers money on jolly,s all over the world.Ever notice where they hold these summits? could all be done by conference calls but no they wouldnt be able to stay in fancy hotels and eat in fantastic restaurants on our money if they did that.Many countries trade without having to have the same governments i cant believe so many people have been taken in by this big con which is the eu.

I take it you have never done a business negotiation in your life, Costa? Whilst video conferencing technology has come a long way, still face to face is the most constructive and valuable way. Especially when trying to judge the feeling of so many people. I work for a large company and run many virtual meetings, they are great and have their place. But if you are trying to really judge something then a face to face meeting is still far more valuable.

But think about it... .where would you hold these summits? On a business park outside Guildford with everyone staying in the local premier inn? No, sorry, if you are talking about bringing together world leaders and politicians, then I don't begrudge them their expenses and being able to travel and stay somewhere nice.

-Matt"

see you missed the point again.

upton wirral

My betting is that the Agreement won't go through and we will crash out on Friday next week.Bercow said they cant have another vote on the same thing so game up leave with no deal next week."

Backfires on the little traitor,he should resign as speaker after this as the role is one impartiality and he clearly is biased

Chudleigh

My betting is that the Agreement won't go through and we will crash out on Friday next week.Bercow said they cant have another vote on the same thing so game up leave with no deal next week.Backfires on the little traitor,he should resign as speaker after this as the role is one impartiality and he clearly is biased"

May is closer to being a traitor. Bercowjust applied the rules May has been driving a horse & cart through - could be useful in post Brexit UK if we don’t stop this mess

Bristol East

" . . on the little traitor,he should resign as speaker after this as the role is one impartiality and he clearly is biased"

So, you think people should be made to vote again and again on the same question, until it produces the answer you want?

Chudleigh

" . . on the little traitor,he should resign as speaker after this as the role is one impartiality and he clearly is biased

So, you think people should be made to vote again and again on the same question, until it produces the answer you want?"

Well the difference with the “Meaningless vote” is that we know so much more about the land of Unicorns, Milk & Honey - it doesn’t exist, people know about the lies and the liars, so yes I am happy that a 2nd Referendum is sufficiently different.

Barbados

Where as if we stay we rightly get to vote and decide on presidents and budgets - all of a sudden we get to be in the driving seat - negotiation isn’t hard if you look at the big picture and work out what you want first!What i want is none of them, total waist of money we dont need a eu parliament or god knows how many presidents all with their snouts in the trough,jobs for the boys cant you see you are being mugged off?.Of course there are so many remain mps they can see a future gravy train once they are finished with in domestic politics and big fat pensions.Spending tax payers money on jolly,s all over the world.Ever notice where they hold these summits? could all be done by conference calls but no they wouldnt be able to stay in fancy hotels and eat in fantastic restaurants on our money if they did that.Many countries trade without having to have the same governments i cant believe so many people have been taken in by this big con which is the eu.

-Mattsee you missed the point again."

So what are you pretending your point is then?

-Matt

Barbados

My betting is that the Agreement won't go through and we will crash out on Friday next week.Bercow said they cant have another vote on the same thing so game up leave with no deal next week.Backfires on the little traitor,he should resign as speaker after this as the role is one impartiality and he clearly is biased"

Backfires why? Because he upheld the rules? Why does that make him a traitor in your mind?

-Matt

Cannock

"... i cant believe so many people have been taken in by this big con which is the eu.

"A short extension gives us that opportunity to decide to leave the European Union, to deliver on that result of that referendum and I sincerely hope that will be with a negotiated deal."

All the "We won get over it" brigade are going to be spitting out their tea at that.

-Matt"

Not as much as remainers appear to be spitting their tea at President Macron's comments......that the UK will be given a short technical extension if MP's vote for the negotiated withdrawal agreement. If Parliament reject it again the UK will leave with no deal on Friday.

Chudleigh

-Matt

Not as much as remainers appear to be spitting their tea at President Macron's comments......that the UK will be given a short technical extension if MP's vote for the negotiated withdrawal agreement. If Parliament reject it again the UK will leave with no deal on Friday. "

Or we revoke Article 50, simples

-Matt

Not as much as remainers appear to be spitting their tea at President Macron's comments......that the UK will be given a short technical extension if MP's vote for the negotiated withdrawal agreement. If Parliament reject it again the UK will leave with no deal on Friday.

Or we revoke Article 50, simples "

Followed by the abolition of parliament

West London

-Matt

Not as much as remainers appear to be spitting their tea at President Macron's comments......that the UK will be given a short technical extension if MP's vote for the negotiated withdrawal agreement. If Parliament reject it again the UK will leave with no deal on Friday. "

...or we have a long extension with European parliamentary elections and referendum.

A second referendum vote could well be the condition of passing May's deal.

Nobody else involved is quite as blinkered to reality as extreme Brexiteers

West London

-Matt

Followed by the abolition of parliament"

It has always been an interesting footnote to this that nobody who wanted to "take back control" seems to actually like are Parliamentary or judicial system much

Bristol East

"

I can see the Houses of Parliament getting torched at this rate.

"

"

That would be a start.

By *loswingersCouple  over a year ago

Gloucester

"

That would be a start. "

Typical remainer thinking

Cannock

"

That would be a start. "

Well you previously admitted on the forum to stealing cars to joyride them in your youth and then you'd set fire to them afterwards. Guess a leopard never changes it's spots.

Chudleigh

-Matt

No need for that, elections would be fine

"

"

You think old Guy Fawkes might have been on to something then?

» Add a new message to this topic