FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > victor orban suspended

victor orban suspended

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ostafun OP   Man  over a year ago

near ipswich

just saw on the news his party has been suspended by European parliament.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ethnmelvCouple  over a year ago

Chudleigh

"just saw on the news his party has been suspended by European parliament."

Maybe Farage could join him?

near ipswich

"just saw on the news his party has been suspended by European parliament.

Maybe Farage could join him? "

Makes me wonder about the timing he now cant vote.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Your far right mates will be unhappy. ..

Chin up...

near ipswich

"Your far right mates will be unhappy. ..

Chin up... "

What makes you assume im far right? seems democracy rules in the eu.

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

Chin up... "

I'm also unhappy...

If they have been elected then they have an absolute right to sit. Those in power don't get to choose what political parties can sit after they have been elected! Its called democracy!

near ipswich

Chin up...

I'm also unhappy...

If they have been elected then they have an absolute right to sit. Those in power don't get to choose what political parties can sit after they have been elected! Its called democracy! "

Well mate i never thought i would agree with anything you said but on this i do.

By *ethnmelvCouple  over a year ago

Chudleigh

Chin up...

I'm also unhappy...

If they have been elected then they have an absolute right to sit. Those in power don't get to choose what political parties can sit after they have been elected! Its called democracy! "

I understand your point, but MPs can be suspended in our Parliament as well. It all comesdown to breaking rules - it is a bit like free speech, it has consequences.

near ipswich

Chin up...

I'm also unhappy...

If they have been elected then they have an absolute right to sit. Those in power don't get to choose what political parties can sit after they have been elected! Its called democracy!

I understand your point, but MPs can be suspended in our Parliament as well. It all comesdown to breaking rules - it is a bit like free speech, it has consequences. "

What you dont say what we like so we will suspend you ? dont sound like democracy to me i was under the impression it was about debate and putting your views forward.More to the point i wonder about the timing as there is a big vote today.

I sense a disturbance in the tin foil.

moston

"I understand your point, but MPs can be suspended in our Parliament as well. It all comesdown to breaking rules - it is a bit like free speech, it has consequences. "

True, and fair enough if for misconduct, but if the OP is correct this is not an individual but a party. It is one thing to ban an organisation from elections because of its affiliations but it is a totally different thing to ban a group of MP's or MEP's because of the party they belong to.

*as an aside: _ostafun, why would you think you would never agree with me? I bet that you agree with me on a lot more subjects than you realise.

By *oghunter33Woman  over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

"just saw on the news his party has been suspended by European parliament."

That's simply not true. He and his party were suspended in the European people party, a transnational political organisation, NOT the European Parliament. Also has nothing to do with Brexit. There is other political arguments going on in the world if you believe it or not. Orban is driving a smear campaign against Junker and Europe for a good while.

moston

"That's simply not true. He and his party were suspended in the European people party, a transnational political organisation, NOT the European Parliament. "

Thats good to hear, thanks for the correction.

near ipswich

But the penalties for Hungary's ruling leader are clear and immediate. He will not appear at a meeting on Thursday with other EPP leaders such as Germany's Angela Merkel and Austrian Chancellor Sebastian Kurz ahead of the summit.

"Practically it means that Fidesz cannot any more present candidates for posts in the party, they cannot vote any more for any kind of EPP assembly and they are even not any more allowed to participate in any meeting," said EPP leader Manfred Weber.

But the vote is also potentially bad news for the centre-right bloc, which faces European Parliament elections at the end of May. While the EPP is an alliance of about 80 parties, Fidesz has a two-thirds majority in the Hungarian parliament, making it the country's dominant political force.

The party will now be assessed by three "wise men" who will decide whether it is in breach of the centre-right bloc's values. The length of the suspension is unclear, but it will last beyond the European elections.

[Removed by poster at 21/03/19 09:44:49]

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

"But the penalties for Hungary's ruling leader are clear and immediate. He will not appear at a meeting on Thursday with other EPP leaders such as Germany's Angela Merkel and Austrian Chancellor Sebastian Kurz ahead of the summit.

"Practically it means that Fidesz cannot any more present candidates for posts in the party, they cannot vote any more for any kind of EPP assembly and they are even not any more allowed to participate in any meeting," said EPP leader Manfred Weber.

But the vote is also potentially bad news for the centre-right bloc, which faces European Parliament elections at the end of May. While the EPP is an alliance of about 80 parties, Fidesz has a two-thirds majority in the Hungarian parliament, making it the country's dominant political force.

The party will now be assessed by three "wise men" who will decide whether it is in breach of the centre-right bloc's values. The length of the suspension is unclear, but it will last beyond the European elections."

Membership of the EU requires certain standards of democracy, press freedom and judicial independence and social freedoms to be maintained.

If you don't meet the criteria you are suspended.

What do you object to?

Putin and Erdogan have big, now permanent, majorities. That's rather the point isn't it?

I wondered if the OP approves of the anti semitic posters that got orban into trouble. Or his views on muslims. ..

"I wondered if the OP approves of the anti semitic posters that got orban into trouble. Or his views on muslims. .. "

What is Anti Semitic about pointing out that George Soros supports immigration into Europe?

near ipswich

"I wondered if the OP approves of the anti semitic posters that got orban into trouble. Or his views on muslims. .. "
Of course not but i think you will find he has apologized for his comments the point is they can no longer take place in the elections which gives the liberal lovies in the eu a bigger hold,i wouldn't be suprised if they dont try something simular with le penn in france next.

"I wondered if the OP approves of the anti semitic posters that got orban into trouble. Or his views on muslims. .. Of course not but i think you will find he has apologized for his comments the point is they can no longer take place in the elections which gives the liberal lovies in the eu a bigger hold,i wouldn't be suprised if they dont try something simular with le penn in france next."

So say some racist shit and apologise and it's swept under your carpet.Quality!

Sorry fella but there's no room left under my carpet.To sweep that shit

Your might be comfortable with it but that's no surprise.

By *oghunter33Woman  over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

I don't really get your concern op. Hungary is still in the EU and they do have their say, even the MEP of Fidesz. It's just that they are suspended from the EPP which is the biggest European party at present. So if your concern is that Orban/Hungary couldn't veto a brexit extension, I tell you it's still possible.

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

"I wondered if the OP approves of the anti semitic posters that got orban into trouble. Or his views on muslims. .. Of course not but i think you will find he has apologized for his comments the point is they can no longer take place in the elections which gives the liberal lovies in the eu a bigger hold,i wouldn't be suprised if they dont try something simular with le penn in france next.

So say some racist shit and apologise and it's swept under your carpet.Quality!

Sorry fella but there's no room left under my carpet.To sweep that shit

Your might be comfortable with it but that's no surprise. "

But you've said you supported Corbyn on many occasions on here bob, and you seem willing to sweep the anti semitic shit that has come out of Labour under Corbyn's leadership under your carpet.

» Add a new message to this topic