FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > It is one week left

It is one week left

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

What kind of brexit will it be, will it be a cliff edge or a time extension?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ethnmelvCouple  over a year ago

Chudleigh

Revoked hopefully

By *tace 309TV/TS  over a year ago

durham

Come Hell or high water get out

Remainers stop questioning the sanity of any leaver. Question your own. Do you know exactly why you voted to remain....To become a little state as part of a federal Europe. Stop this farcical messing about and stop behaving like pratts.

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

Nothing wrong with countries coming together in political and monetary union to pursue common causes. You’re already living in one.

Chudleigh

"Nothing wrong with countries coming together in political and monetary union to pursue common causes. You’re already living in one."

Indeed

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

Next Thursday......leave with no deal or revoke.....the end game is nigh!

What will your MP do?

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

"Nothing wrong with countries coming together in political and monetary union to pursue common causes. You’re already living in one."
It might work in theory if they all started equal but how can the southern countries like italy greece,spain compete with the likes of germany.To control inflation you have to have control of your interest rates so its not a one size fits all.

near ipswich

"Next Thursday......leave with no deal or revoke.....the end game is nigh!

What will your MP do?"

Thank god then the country can get on with life.I keep tabs on mine and shes in a leave constituency and voted leave every time so no complaints.

Chudleigh

"Nothing wrong with countries coming together in political and monetary union to pursue common causes. You’re already living in one.It might work in theory if they all started equal but how can the southern countries like italy greece,spain compete with the likes of germany.To control inflation you have to have control of your interest rates so its not a one size fits all."

Countries never start equal. But they do manage to work together because it is better building alliances as opposed to being out on your own. Hmmm, where would we be with Brexit?

Bristol East

"Nothing wrong with countries coming together in political and monetary union to pursue common causes. You’re already living in one.It might work in theory if they all started equal but how can the southern countries like italy greece,spain compete with the likes of germany.To control inflation you have to have control of your interest rates so its not a one size fits all."

The UK certainly did not begin with a level playing field.

What you see today in the UK has been 300+ years in the making.

What you see today in the EU has been 70 years in the making.

If nothing else good comes from Brexit, I hope it leads to a recalibration of the UK governance.

The current model is highly centralised, and dominated overwhelmingly by the needs of one country.

A looser, federal model, of the type often visualised for Europe, is the way forward for the UK, with each country taking care of its own domestic business and coming together at a UK level for things like defence, foreign policy etc.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

" Come Hell or high water get out

Remainers stop questioning the sanity of any leaver. Question your own. Do you know exactly why you voted to remain....To become a little state as part of a federal Europe. Stop this farcical messing about and stop behaving like pratts. "

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I'm pretty sure it's going to be a no deal brexit on 29th March.

It has been made crystal clear by the EU that there will be no further renegotiation on the current deal and that any extension, if (and it's a big IF) all 27 member states support it, will ONLY be granted if the deal gets through the house of commons.

So, the deal that has been rejected twice already by MP's by large majorities and which the speaker of the House, John Bercow, has stated can not be brought back to the house for a further vote unless there are substantial changes.

So the EU won't agree to any changes - which would be required in order for it to be put before parliament again.

Even if it were to be put before parliament, I still don't see it getting enough votes.

Chudleigh

So Revoke A50 and we get to do the right thing for the country!

It's disgusting that no other issues have been dealt with by the conservatives for many years because they only care about brexiters and their hate driven xenophobic agenda .They couldn't give a fuck about the rest of the country and they will pay at the next election and every election afterwards.

"It's disgusting that no other issues have been dealt with by the conservatives for many years because they only care about brexiters and their hate driven xenophobic agenda .They couldn't give a fuck about the rest of the country and they will pay at the next election and every election afterwards.

. "

So why has the remain supporting Prime Minister presented a deal that is remain in almost everything but name

By *oi_LucyCouple  over a year ago

Barbados

"It's disgusting that no other issues have been dealt with by the conservatives for many years because they only care about brexiters and their hate driven xenophobic agenda .They couldn't give a fuck about the rest of the country and they will pay at the next election and every election afterwards.

So why has the remain supporting Prime Minister presented a deal that is remain in almost everything but name"

She presented what leavers voted for.

Leavers voted for a blank cheque and no detail, and she has fulfilled that for you. You won. Get over it.

-Matt

Bristol East

"

Even if it were to be put before parliament, I still don't see it getting enough votes."

May needs to persuade at least 75 MPs to change their mind.

Does she:

a) soften them up with warm words and heartfelt empathy

b) go on national TV and tell the piblic they’re all shitbags

Answers on a postcard, please, to T. May, c/o the Maidstone retirement village.

Chudleigh

"

Even if it were to be put before parliament, I still don't see it getting enough votes.

May needs to persuade at least 75 MPs to change their mind.

Does she:

a) soften them up with warm words and heartfelt empathy

b) go on national TV and tell the piblic they’re all shitbags

Answers on a postcard, please, to T. May, c/o the Maidstone retirement village."

She could revoke A50 and get herself (& all of us) out of this mess - then she could retire!

Bristol East

She’d end up in the same retirement home as poor Jo Cox if she did that, I fear.

near ipswich

"She’d end up in the same retirement home as poor Jo Cox if she did that, I fear."
Hopefully there are no more nutters like that around.

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

Macron has just said earlier today the EU will only grant a short technical extension if the UK votes for May's deal next week. Macron said if parliament reject the deal again it will be a no deal exit for the UK next Friday.

Music to the ears of the DUP and the ERG, who I think will definitely vote against May's deal now, then we're out and free on Friday with a clean break.

near ipswich

"Macron has just said earlier today the EU will only grant a short technical extension if the UK votes for May's deal next week. Macron said if parliament reject the deal again it will be a no deal exit for the UK next Friday.

Music to the ears of the DUP and the ERG, who I think will definitely vote against May's deal now, then we're out and free on Friday with a clean break. "

Yes was watching him on france24 also said there would be no new negotiations its that deal or no deal.

Chudleigh

"She’d end up in the same retirement home as poor Jo Cox if she did that, I fear."

A bit scary

I don’t think we should be scared to do the right thing by a minority of violent psychopaths. R.I.P Jo Cox

Chudleigh

"Macron has just said earlier today the EU will only grant a short technical extension if the UK votes for May's deal next week. Macron said if parliament reject the deal again it will be a no deal exit for the UK next Friday.

Music to the ears of the DUP and the ERG, who I think will definitely vote against May's deal now, then we're out and free on Friday with a clean break. "

Hows the March going Centy? It doesn’t seem to be getting much oxygen

Bristol East

The CBI and the TUC sent a joint letter to May today.

“We are facing a national emergency . . . “

That’s quite a degree of incompetence, to have BOTH the bosses AND the unions lined up against you.

Cannock

"The CBI and the TUC sent a joint letter to May today.

That’s quite a degree of incompetence, to have BOTH the bosses AND the unions lined up against you."

They're both remainers and campaigned for remain in 2016, why would you expect them to say anything different?

They said we'd be in a national emergency if the country voted Leave during the referendum campaign in 2016, then the country voted Leave and the economy continued to grow, and employment skyrocketed to record highs and unemployment fell to its lowest level since 1975.

Try listening to the former head of the CBI Lord Digby Jones who supports Brexit for a more balanced view.

Chudleigh

That’s quite a degree of incompetence, to have BOTH the bosses AND the unions lined up against you.

They're both remainers and campaigned for remain in 2016, why would you expect them to say anything different?

They said we'd be in a national emergency if the country voted Leave during the referendum campaign in 2016, then the country voted Leave and the economy continued to grow, and employment skyrocketed to record highs and unemployment fell to its lowest level since 1975.

Try listening to the former head of the CBI Lord Digby Jones who supports Brexit for a more balanced view. "

One persons view is more balanced than many?

Cannock

Try listening to the former head of the CBI Lord Digby Jones who supports Brexit for a more balanced view.

One persons view is more balanced than many?"

The former head if the CBI Lord Digby Jones view as opposed to the view of the current head of the CBI Caroline Fairbairn.

Former head of the British Chambers of commerce John Longworth also supports Brexit, as does the former head of the Bank of England Mervyn King.

Chudleigh

The former head if the CBI Lord Digby Jones view as opposed to the view of the current head of the CBI Caroline Fairbairn.

Former head of the British Chambers of commerce John Longworth also supports Brexit, as does the former head of the Bank of England Mervyn King. "

The difference is that they are now individuals who represent themselves , they do not chair the organisations they left - in some cases an awful long time ago. I mean you haven’t mentioned Norman Lamont for a while.

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

Brexit.

An obsession borne of British exceptionalism that grew its roots in the extremes of the Conservative Party and popularised by millionaire friends and associates. The problem was created by the Conservative Party and the so called resolution of the obsession was dreamt up by the Conservative Party and the total shambolic mess that we are in now is 100% down to the Conservative Party.

What will May do next? Who knows... but her record so far has wholly and exclusively been about the Conservative Party - over and above Parliament and the country. If we crash out next week the Conservatives will take the blame for the fallout for generations to come. Somehow I still think that the perception she needs to maintain, of the Conservatives being the only Party to trust with the economy may see her pull a wildcard from the pack if she loses next week.

It is deeply ironic and troubling for all of us that Brexit has only really ever been about the Conservative Party. We have all just been pawns in their game.

Macron said it, Macron said that. Who is listening to Macron what is he saying? I think just people like you. He is a weak politician, he does not really know what politics is.

near ipswich

Music to the ears of the DUP and the ERG, who I think will definitely vote against May's deal now, then we're out and free on Friday with a clean break.

Macron said it, Macron said that. Who is listening to Macron what is he saying? I think just people like you. He is a weak politician, he does not really know what politics is. "

Maybe but he can scupper the extension it only takes one, all 27 must agree.So he is just as strong as any of the other leaders i think you are not understanding how the process works.

Chudleigh

Macron said it, Macron said that. Who is listening to Macron what is he saying? I think just people like you. He is a weak politician, he does not really know what politics is. Maybe but he can scupper the extension it only takes one, all 27 must agree.So he is just as strong as any of the other leaders i think you are not understanding how the process works."

Revoke Article 50 and we decide!

[Removed by poster at 21/03/19 17:11:17]

near ipswich

Macron said it, Macron said that. Who is listening to Macron what is he saying? I think just people like you. He is a weak politician, he does not really know what politics is. Maybe but he can scupper the extension it only takes one, all 27 must agree.So he is just as strong as any of the other leaders i think you are not understanding how the process works.

I understand how the process works, do not worry about it, I only evaluated Macron. Remember that he is under the heel of Markel"

merkel wants a deal as germanys growth forcast has been halved lately the last thing she needs is tariffs on their cars coming to the uk.

Macron said it, Macron said that. Who is listening to Macron what is he saying? I think just people like you. He is a weak politician, he does not really know what politics is. Maybe but he can scupper the extension it only takes one, all 27 must agree.So he is just as strong as any of the other leaders i think you are not understanding how the process works."

I understand how the process works, do not worry about it, I only evaluated Macron.

Bristol East

"Brexit.

An obsession borne of British exceptionalism that grew its roots in the extremes of the Conservative Party and popularised by millionaire friends and associates. The problem was created by the Conservative Party and the so called resolution of the obsession was dreamt up by the Conservative Party and the total shambolic mess that we are in now is 100% down to the Conservative Party.

What will May do next? Who knows... but her record so far has wholly and exclusively been about the Conservative Party - over and above Parliament and the country. If we crash out next week the Conservatives will take the blame for the fallout for generations to come. Somehow I still think that the perception she needs to maintain, of the Conservatives being the only Party to trust with the economy may see her pull a wildcard from the pack if she loses next week.

It is deeply ironic and troubling for all of us that Brexit has only really ever been about the Conservative Party. We have all just been pawns in their game."

Bristol East

"merkel wants a deal as germanys growth forcast has been halved lately the last thing she needs is tariffs on their cars coming to the uk."

The kind of person who spends £70,000 on a motor car is unlikely to be deterred by a little bit extra tax, on top of the existing vehicle tax and VAT.

Project Fear

near ipswich

"merkel wants a deal as germanys growth forcast has been halved lately the last thing she needs is tariffs on their cars coming to the uk.

The kind of person who spends £70,000 on a motor car is unlikely to be deterred by a little bit extra tax, on top of the existing vehicle tax and VAT.

Project Fear

"

you can get new mercedes ,volkswagon,and audis alot cheaper than that.Not sure what car you drive.

Bristol East

i don't.

I have a scooter.

Italian, so I bought it last October just in case they slapped extra tax on it!

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

The ussr tried that worked well didnt it. while the UK is one half the NI's want to leave as do lots of the scots, the eu is just too big and diverse for it to work

Bristol East

"Nothing wrong with countries coming together in political and monetary union to pursue common causes. You’re already living in one.

The ussr tried that worked well didnt it. while the UK is one half the NI's want to leave as do lots of the scots, the eu is just too big and diverse for it to work"

The UK is one half of what?

"Nothing wrong with countries coming together in political and monetary union to pursue common causes. You’re already living in one.

The ussr tried that worked well didnt it. while the UK is one half the NI's want to leave as do lots of the scots, the eu is just too big and diverse for it to work"

Of course it didn’t work well , it was communism. What a hopeless comparison between the EU and the USRR. Again

The ussr tried that worked well didnt it. while the UK is one half the NI's want to leave as do lots of the scots, the eu is just too big and diverse for it to work

Of course it didn’t work well , it was communism. What a hopeless comparison between the EU and the USRR. Again "

You've got to realise these people compare the EU to Nazi Germany daily.They are without doubt irrational and ridiculous.

Of course it didn’t work well , it was communism. What a hopeless comparison between the EU and the USRR. Again

You've got to realise these people compare the EU to Nazi Germany daily.They are without doubt irrational and ridiculous. "

Yes, I know about it, sometimes it's better not to pay attention to the stupid things they write.

Cannock

Of course it didn’t work well , it was communism. What a hopeless comparison between the EU and the USRR. Again "

I think the point being made was that all empires fail and fall in the end, there are no exceptions in history, the USSR, The Persian empire, the Roman empire, the British empire, the Nazi third reich empire, they all got too big and over-reached themselves in the end and now we're seeing the beginning of the end for the EU.

Chudleigh

I think the point being made was that all empires fail and fall in the end, there are no exceptions in history, the USSR, The Persian empire, the Roman empire, the British empire, the Nazi third reich empire, they all got too big and over-reached themselves in the end and now we're seeing the beginning of the end for the EU. "

Only difference being it isn’t an Empire!

By *nleashedCrakenMan  over a year ago

Widnes

Music to the ears of the DUP and the ERG, who I think will definitely vote against May's deal now, then we're out and free on Friday with a clean break. Yes was watching him on france24 also said there would be no new negotiations its that deal or no deal."

Of course what most Leavers don't seem to realise, and most Remainers are happy to keep them in the ignorance about, is that while the choice maybe May's BREXIT deal or No BREXIT deal, no BREXIT deal is also covered by revoking A50 and staying as we are.

Oh look. The EU has flinched.

Seems that a lot of member states have looked at the conditions set out by Tusk and Barnier and considered that this just makes no deal even more likely and have now agreed to give us until the 12th April to come up with some plan (not necessarily the current deal).

What a shame nobody could have predicted that something like this might happen. Oh no, hang on....

Chudleigh

Music to the ears of the DUP and the ERG, who I think will definitely vote against May's deal now, then we're out and free on Friday with a clean break. Yes was watching him on france24 also said there would be no new negotiations its that deal or no deal.

Of course what most Leavers don't seem to realise, and most Remainers are happy to keep them in the ignorance about, is that while the choice maybe May's BREXIT deal or No BREXIT deal, no BREXIT deal is also covered by revoking A50 and staying as we are.

"

Yay, you make a fine point!

By *avidnsa69Man  over a year ago

Essex

Try listening to the former head of the CBI Lord Digby Jones who supports Brexit for a more balanced view. "

Digby Jones is only balanced in the sense that he has stupidity piled on both shoulders. He is cut from the sane idiotic cloth as Mogg and Minford

Essex

Former head of the British Chambers of commerce John Longworth also supports Brexit, as does the former head of the Bank of England Mervyn King. "

Caroline Fairburn is acting with the mandate of her membership....

Essex

[Removed by poster at 22/03/19 02:19:29]

Essex

"Oh look. The EU has flinched.

Seems that a lot of member states have looked at the conditions set out by Tusk and Barnier and considered that this just makes no deal even more likely and have now agreed to give us until the 12th April to come up with some plan (not necessarily the current deal).

What a shame nobody could have predicted that something like this might happen. Oh no, hang on...."

The EU have taken control from a petulant child who couldnt find her own arse with both hands. If she survives as PM until the end of the month it'll be a miracle

Bristol East

I think the point being made was that all empires fail and fall in the end, there are no exceptions in history, "

Indeed. The Union of the United Kingdom is the last surveying vestige of the British Empire that began with English military conquest and colonialism, a model of political and monetary union that, by your own logic, still has a bit to go to unravel completely.

I was right and there will be an time extension to 12th april

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

I think the point being made was that all empires fail and fall in the end, there are no exceptions in history, the USSR, The Persian empire, the Roman empire, the British empire, the Nazi third reich empire, they all got too big and over-reached themselves in the end and now we're seeing the beginning of the end for the EU. "

Except the EU is not an Empire.

Nothing was conquered. No one was forced to join. There is no single state or individual in charge.

Otherwise, excellent analogy

By *bandjam91Couple  over a year ago

London

"Oh look. The EU has flinched.

What a shame nobody could have predicted that something like this might happen. Oh no, hang on...."

You've contradicted yourself in this thread. Clearly a consistent logical thinker.

I think the point being made was that all empires fail and fall in the end, there are no exceptions in history, the USSR, The Persian empire, the Roman empire, the British empire, the Nazi third reich empire, they all got too big and over-reached themselves in the end and now we're seeing the beginning of the end for the EU.

Except the EU is not an Empire.

Nothing was conquered. No one was forced to join. There is no single state or individual in charge.

Otherwise, excellent analogy "

Ohh don't burst his bubble with sharp pointed facts you cruel man

Bristol East

"Traitor to England" screams a yob outside Parliament at Iain Blackford, leader of the SNP at Westminster.

Lololololol

These people truly are dumb.

"I was right and there will be an time extension to 12th april"

What's the next date? And maybe it will never happen?

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

So why has the remain supporting Prime Minister presented a deal that is remain in almost everything but name"

Total nonsense - there were many superior options that could have been considered that would have been less extreme Brexit but her red lines excluded them, pandering to extremist swivel eyed lot. She would be happy with no deal and h ER r husband would make millions from it too.

"I was right and there will be an time extension to 12th april

What's the next date? And maybe it will never happen?"

Yes it will be few weeks after the 12th april. I also reckon brexit wont happen

» Add a new message to this topic