FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Revoke Article 50 Petition Part 2

Revoke Article 50 Petition Part 2

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ethnmelv OP   Couple  over a year ago

Chudleigh

I thought 3pm for 1million signatures, looks like it will be easily beaten!

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/241584

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

Chudleigh

From a Leaver - “Petitions don't represent the majority of people. I have 4 email addresses so i could vote 4 times on any subject.”

Interesting point - does this mean every Leavers petition was meaningless then?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yes Petitions are pointless.

Chudleigh

Even the one Farage did on twitter during the Peston show which showed a majority voting to Revoke A50? He didn’t expect that now did he!

The thing about petitions is that, unlike an election or referendum where you select on of a number of options, you can add your signature to any number of petitions - even contradicting yourself.

For example, you can sign this petition AND the No deal one

Chudleigh

"The thing about petitions is that, unlike an election or referendum where you select on of a number of options, you can add your signature to any number of petitions - even contradicting yourself.

For example, you can sign this petition AND the No deal one"

You could, but why would you?

Of course the last Referendum was so different, being advisory guidance to the Government as opposed to being legally enforceable - if it had actually been defined otherwise, we could have imprisoned a few of the Leaver liars by now!

By *iceguy_ls29Man  over a year ago

ilkley

Will Self said “though not everyone who voted leave was a right wing racist/supremacist, wanking in Union Jack y fronts etc.”

Every single racist/supremacist who did vote , voted to leave "

What's your evidence that every single racist who did vote, voted to leave?

Many people say the tory party is racist.

More than one report has concluded that the Labour Party is institutionally anti-semitic. 9 MPs left Labour recently, citing anti-semitism for their departure.

Both parties campaigned to remaign.

..... well, let’s find out ..... hands up any racists, who voted remain

976.000 ..

Chudleigh

"Will Self said “though not everyone who voted leave was a right wing racist/supremacist, wanking in Union Jack y fronts etc.”

Every single racist/supremacist who did vote , voted to leave "

What's your evidence that every single racist who did vote, voted to leave?

Many people say the tory party is racist.

More than one report has concluded that the Labour Party is institutionally anti-semitic. 9 MPs left Labour recently, citing anti-semitism for their departure.

Both parties campaigned to remaign.

..... well, let’s find out ..... hands up any racists, who voted remain

"

Clearly funny, but this thread is not supposed to be about negativity. It is about reminding each other that despite the noise from Brexiteers (& ERG), Britain had not bought into this mess and we deserve another chance.

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

"

For example, you can sign this petition AND the No deal one"

And face both ways at the same time, just like an MP!

"

"

Just like an farage

Chudleigh

"

Just like an farage "

Except he was to duplicitous to make it as an MP!

Chudleigh

Damn, been pessimistic again! I thought 1,000,000 signatories would takeuntil 3pm, but no we just reached it now, 5 minutes early

"

Just like an farage

Except he was to duplicitous to make it as an MP! "

A very good point

Going by this it's easily going to be a 25 / 75 remain win if related to a referendum result.

Chudleigh

"Going by this it's easily going to be a 25 / 75 remain win if related to a referendum result. "

We need to get this discussed as an option in Parliament. No other option allows Britain to make our own decision. We are constrained by Westminster Village loonies who need to lift their heads up and realise we have had enough.

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

"Going by this it's easily going to be a 25 / 75 remain win if related to a referendum result. "
Do you really believe what you are saying ? Most leavers dont feel the need to sign petitions as we are leaving next week unless the law is changed and that is looking unlikely.The eu will probably grant a short extension on condition that parliament vote for her deal (in which case we leave) or failing that they wont and we leave next week.Why would leavers bother signing anything? all it is doing is giving remainers more false hope as the pm has said on many occasions we are leaving.

Chudleigh

& so is she, leaving I mean- what a legacy she is leaving behind!

The petition is making it much more likely to be talked about in Westminster, so its chances are growing as MPs realise they could grow a pair and lead us out of this mess.

near ipswich

"& so is she, leaving I mean- what a legacy she is leaving behind!

The petition is making it much more likely to be talked about in Westminster, so its chances are growing as MPs realise they could grow a pair and lead us out of this mess. "

How many mps do you think would get returned if they did the opposite to what they promised in their manifestos to get them in in the 1st place?.Both partys stood on honouring the referendum only the greens,snp and liberals didnt.

By *ulu and MonkeyCouple  over a year ago

Durham

The petition site keeps crashing. The fastest rate of signatures for any government petition ever!

Chudleigh

The petition is making it much more likely to be talked about in Westminster, so its chances are growing as MPs realise they could grow a pair and lead us out of this mess. How many mps do you think would get returned if they did the opposite to what they promised in their manifestos to get them in in the 1st place?.Both partys stood on honouring the referendum only the greens,snp and liberals didnt."

Many, many more than you would think. If they actually showed they weren’t sheep they’d get a lot more credit - more of Britain wants stability than you give it credit for

"Going by this it's easily going to be a 25 / 75 remain win if related to a referendum result. Do you really believe what you are saying ? Most leavers dont feel the need to sign petitions as we are leaving next week unless the law is changed and that is looking unlikely.The eu will probably grant a short extension on condition that parliament vote for her deal (in which case we leave) or failing that they wont and we leave next week.Why would leavers bother signing anything? all it is doing is giving remainers more false hope as the pm has said on many occasions we are leaving. "

Yes, simple mathematics, I'm saying if these 2 petition results were applied to referendum then that's what you'd get.

I really don't see what's hard to understand about that.

Chudleigh

Target is now 1.125m signatures, which is 3 times the Leave petition that has been running for months

"Target is now 1.125m signatures, which is 3 times the Leave petition that has been running for months "

It's even reported on the BBC website now

Chudleigh

"Target is now 1.125m signatures, which is 3 times the Leave petition that has been running for months

It's even reported on the BBC website now "

It is the fastest growing petition on the site and the 3rd biggest, so far - the biggest Leaver poll only got 374,000 signatories...

Bristol East

"Both partys stood on honouring the referendum only the greens,snp and liberals didnt."

To be fair to the SNP, they are honouring the referendum result in their domain. They make no pretence about acting in the UK interest.

Bristol East

Macron, speaking in Brussels, said: “In the case of a negative vote in the British parliament, we will be going to no deal. We all know that.”

That leaves revocation as the alternative.

Way to go messiur, you just turned the screw a little more.

By *hybloke67Man  over a year ago

ROMFORD

By using your logic of earlier, and assuming the petition hits 2M.

That's about 3% of the population of the UK.

By not signing the petition does that mean that 97% of the population wish to keep Article 50 in place?

near ipswich

"Both partys stood on honouring the referendum only the greens,snp and liberals didnt.

To be fair to the SNP, they are honouring the referendum result in their domain. They make no pretence about acting in the UK interest."

Yes i agree they are honouring what they told the electorate before the election most of labour and a lot of tories are not doing the same thing.I think this is why the country is getting disillusioned with mps and when the next elections come about we will see a rise in extreme parties and that will be worse for the country than some people think brexit is.

Chudleigh

"By using your logic of earlier, and assuming the petition hits 2M.

By not signing the petition does that mean that 97% of the population wish to keep Article 50 in place?"

Apparently it means that the 96.5% could have equally voted either way, so in summary 3% + 48.25% for revoke A50, 0.5% + 48.25% for Leave, so revoke A50 wins

By *ulu and MonkeyCouple  over a year ago

Durham

I wonder how many signatures this will reach? The website is up and running again but very slow to add signatures, promising the confirmatory email within 24 hours. Must be many many people who have signed but not counted yet....

Chudleigh

"I wonder how many signatures this will reach? The website is up and running again but very slow to add signatures, promising the confirmatory email within 24 hours. Must be many many people who have signed but not counted yet.... "

You make a good point - also check your Junk folder as often the confirmation goes there as it is identified as spam

near ipswich

"I wonder how many signatures this will reach? The website is up and running again but very slow to add signatures, promising the confirmatory email within 24 hours. Must be many many people who have signed but not counted yet.... "
I bet its nowhere near 17.5 million.

ROMFORD

By not signing the petition does that mean that 97% of the population wish to keep Article 50 in place?

Apparently it means that the 96.5% could have equally voted either way, so in summary 3% + 48.25% for revoke A50, 0.5% + 48.25% for Leave, so revoke A50 wins "

In that case your logic applies to the people who did not vote in the EU referendum.

That means the non voter would be equally split between the two votes and Leave still wins!

Chudleigh

Apparently it means that the 96.5% could have equally voted either way, so in summary 3% + 48.25% for revoke A50, 0.5% + 48.25% for Leave, so revoke A50 wins

In that case your logic applies to the people who did not vote in the EU referendum.

That means the non voter would be equally split between the two votes and Leave still wins! "

I’m just using a Leavers logic, I don’t believe that crap

The last General Election had a gap of 2 years and 1 month, it is now 2 years and 9 months since the Referendum. It would be perfectly reasonable to have a second vote - we have precedent in the General Election.

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

That means the non voter would be equally split between the two votes and Leave still wins!

The last General Election had a gap of 2 years and 1 month, it is now 2 years and 9 months since the Referendum. It would be perfectly reasonable to have a second vote - we have precedent in the General Election. "

The general election in 2017 was a confirmation of the referendum result though because parties with Brexit manifestos who said they would honour and deliver the result of the referendum got a combined 85% share of the overall vote

Chudleigh

The last General Election had a gap of 2 years and 1 month, it is now 2 years and 9 months since the Referendum. It would be perfectly reasonable to have a second vote - we have precedent in the General Election.

The general election in 2017 was a confirmation of the referendum result though because parties with Brexit manifestos who said they would honour and deliver the result of the referendum got a combined 85% share of the overall vote "

Does that mean all the other manifesto promises are cast in stone as well? Also, the Tory’s had a majority before the last election and then had to go begging to the DUP - it wasn’t leadership then or now. The varieties of Brexit on offer were all different, are you seeing a pattern here that shows nobody knew what they wanted or voted for. It was and is a protest vote, they new what they didn’t want, but not actually what they wanted. But is is abundantly clear that No Deal exit is the least desired.

ROMFORD

The last General Election had a gap of 2 years and 1 month, it is now 2 years and 9 months since the Referendum. It would be perfectly reasonable to have a second vote - we have precedent in the General Election. "

But in the General Election the result was implemented.

The result of the EU referendum has yet to be implemented.

Democracy and the will of the people 52% of the result dictates the result needs to be implemented.

Otherwise what is the point of ever asking the population to vote again if the MP's (that's from all parties) fail to carry out what they were instructed and agreed to do!

Chudleigh

Democracy and the will of the people 52% of the result dictates the result needs to be implemented.

Otherwise what is the point of ever asking the population to vote again if the MP's (that's from all parties) fail to carry out what they were instructed and agreed to do!"

Interesting approach. So a minority of the population votes for something (snake oil), they then find out it is bollox, but because they voted for it, we all have to live with the consequences? Surely we should have the right to say hang on a minute this is wrong, letstake stock and find something better?

It's great to see "democracy" line touted again and again by leavers now because they know if a vote were to happen now, giving people a chance to voice again, you know like a democracy, they know they'd lose, so they repeat the same tactic that Theresa May does, clinging onto their vote as the final say.

Democracy they say? More like Democracy for the 40-65 year old, screw everyone else. This isn't even the same Brexit you voted for you plebs, it's like ordering a burger, getting a shit sandwich and saying "well we've ordered it so we're eating it!"

near ipswich

Otherwise what is the point of ever asking the population to vote again if the MP's (that's from all parties) fail to carry out what they were instructed and agreed to do!

Interesting approach. So a minority of the population votes for something (snake oil), they then find out it is bollox, but because they voted for it, we all have to live with the consequences? Surely we should have the right to say hang on a minute this is wrong, letstake stock and find something better?"

The minority of the population didnt win the majority did its not to hard to understand.

ROMFORD

Interesting approach. So a minority of the population votes for something (snake oil), they then find out it is bollox, but because they voted for it, we all have to live with the consequences? Surely we should have the right to say hang on a minute this is wrong, letstake stock and find something better?"

That happens at every General and Local Election.

But the person or party with the most votes wins.

Chudleigh

Interesting approach. So a minority of the population votes for something (snake oil), they then find out it is bollox, but because they voted for it, we all have to live with the consequences? Surely we should have the right to say hang on a minute this is wrong, letstake stock and find something better?The minority of the population didnt win the majority did its not to hard to understand."

I’ll make it simple for you. The voting population of the UK is a subset of the population of the UK. The people who actually voted Leave are a subset of the overall voter numbers - so 65 million total, 45m voters and 17.4m voted Leave - that is a minority.

Cannock

Interesting approach. So a minority of the population votes for something (snake oil), they then find out it is bollox, but because they voted for it, we all have to live with the consequences? Surely we should have the right to say hang on a minute this is wrong, letstake stock and find something better?The minority of the population didnt win the majority did its not to hard to understand.

I’ll make it simple for you. The voting population of the UK is a subset of the population of the UK. The people who actually voted Leave are a subset of the overall voter numbers - so 65 million total, 45m voters and 17.4m voted Leave - that is a minority. "

65 million includes toddlers, babies and kids still in school. You want to give them the vote?

Cannock

[Removed by poster at 21/03/19 17:14:12]

Cannock

"It's great to see "democracy" line touted again and again by leavers now because they know if a vote were to happen now, giving people a chance to voice again, you know like a democracy, they know they'd lose, so they repeat the same tactic that Theresa May does, clinging onto their vote as the final say.

Democracy they say? More like Democracy for the 40-65 year old, screw everyone else. This isn't even the same Brexit you voted for you plebs, it's like ordering a burger, getting a shit sandwich and saying "well we've ordered it so we're eating it!" "

Likewise it's funny to see the "we believe in democracy and want a 2nd People's vote" line coming from the remainer Tiggers in Parliament. The likes of Chukka Umunna and Anna Soubry who want another EU People's vote but won't allow their constituents a new vote in by elections since they've switched parties. Hypocrites!

"65 million includes toddlers, babies and kids still in school. You want to give them the vote? "

Corbyn would if he thought it would swing the result his way

ROMFORD

Interesting approach. So a minority of the population votes for something (snake oil), they then find out it is bollox, but because they voted for it, we all have to live with the consequences? Surely we should have the right to say hang on a minute this is wrong, letstake stock and find something better?The minority of the population didnt win the majority did its not to hard to understand.

I’ll make it simple for you. The voting population of the UK is a subset of the population of the UK. The people who actually voted Leave are a subset of the overall voter numbers - so 65 million total, 45m voters and 17.4m voted Leave - that is a minority. "

And 16.1M to Stay in the EU is even a smaller minority..!!

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

"It's great to see "democracy" line touted again and again by leavers now because they know if a vote were to happen now, giving people a chance to voice again, you know like a democracy, they know they'd lose, so they repeat the same tactic that Theresa May does, clinging onto their vote as the final say.

Democracy they say? More like Democracy for the 40-65 year old, screw everyone else. This isn't even the same Brexit you voted for you plebs, it's like ordering a burger, getting a shit sandwich and saying "well we've ordered it so we're eating it!"

Likewise it's funny to see the "we believe in democracy and want a 2nd People's vote" line coming from the remainer Tiggers in Parliament. The likes of Chukka Umunna and Anna Soubry who want another EU People's vote but won't allow their constituents a new vote in by elections since they've switched parties. Hypocrites! "

Repeat, repeat, repeat.

Farage

Churchill

near ipswich

Only uk citizens over the age of 18 were allowed to vote which is a lot less than 65 million.

near ipswich

Democracy they say? More like Democracy for the 40-65 year old, screw everyone else. This isn't even the same Brexit you voted for you plebs, it's like ordering a burger, getting a shit sandwich and saying "well we've ordered it so we're eating it!" "

Plebs???? your not a remain mp are you.

"Plebs???? your not a remain mp are you. "

You didn't even vote so you can shove your opinion, you have no say in this. Hypocrit.

near ipswich

"Plebs???? your not a remain mp are you.

You didn't even vote so you can shove your opinion, you have no say in this. Hypocrit. "

I can still have an opinion and i would have voted leave if it had been possible but at the time it was not.

Bristol East

"Only uk citizens over the age of 18 were allowed to vote which is a lot less than 65 million."

40-something million

near ipswich

"Only uk citizens over the age of 18 were allowed to vote which is a lot less than 65 million.

40-something million

"

exactly and 33 odd million voted a big turnout to be ignored.

Bristol East

Good ole' Bristol - Thangam Debbonaire's Bristol West constituency is the biggest signatory of the petition so far.

Gert lush!

Chudleigh

I’ll make it simple for you. The voting population of the UK is a subset of the population of the UK. The people who actually voted Leave are a subset of the overall voter numbers - so 65 million total, 45m voters and 17.4m voted Leave - that is a minority. Only uk citizens over the age of 18 were allowed to vote which is a lot less than 65 million."

Do you everread what people write? 65m total, 45m voting population (in 2016) and 17.4 vote to leave. It is a minority of the voting population in a minority of the overall population.

The petition is making it much more likely to be talked about in Westminster, so its chances are growing as MPs realise they could grow a pair and lead us out of this mess. How many mps do you think would get returned if they did the opposite to what they promised in their manifestos to get them in in the 1st place?.Both partys stood on honouring the referendum only the greens,snp and liberals didnt."

This is the same old same old thing we see. Theres always a choice between doing what's right or wrong for an MP, some of them care more about getting re-elected, and pander to the masses, making popularist choices and others will stand up for what's right.

Invading Iraq, clearly the wrong choice, the people didn't want the UK to invade. But they wanted to boost the revenue of BAE etc and wanted to control the oil trade.

Brexit, some people want it, it's clearly the wrong choice for Britain by every measure, but they're too scared to do the right thing by rescinding article 50 for fear of losing votes.

David Lammy was one of them to stand up when he made his brilliant speech back in January. However I haven't looked at his voting record, so it could have been hot air. Hopefully not.

"I can still have an opinion and i would have voted leave if it had been possible but at the time it was not."

The problem is, you're all mouth, there's millions of others who didn't vote but at least WANT to, meanwhile you didn't vote, happy to throw it away and then bitch about it being a democracy? Will of the people? As I said, your opinion doesn't matter hypocrit, go cry in one of your holiday resorts about how the "Remoaners" won't let you eat that shit sandwich.

"Good ole' Bristol - Thangam Debbonaire's Bristol West constituency is the biggest signatory of the petition so far.

Gert lush!

"

I saw that too.

One of the highest remain voting constituencies too. And we have all kinds of gay, brown, scarf wearing people. And yet we somehow all get along just fine.

near ipswich

I’ll make it simple for you. The voting population of the UK is a subset of the population of the UK. The people who actually voted Leave are a subset of the overall voter numbers - so 65 million total, 45m voters and 17.4m voted Leave - that is a minority. Only uk citizens over the age of 18 were allowed to vote which is a lot less than 65 million.

Do you everread what people write? 65m total, 45m voting population (in 2016) and 17.4 vote to leave. It is a minority of the voting population in a minority of the overall population. "

But you are making the assumption that those who didnt vote wanted to stay,i could make the same one and say they wanted to leave.In a vote only people who vote count the name gives it away.

I’ll make it simple for you. The voting population of the UK is a subset of the population of the UK. The people who actually voted Leave are a subset of the overall voter numbers - so 65 million total, 45m voters and 17.4m voted Leave - that is a minority. Only uk citizens over the age of 18 were allowed to vote which is a lot less than 65 million.

Do you everread what people write? 65m total, 45m voting population (in 2016) and 17.4 vote to leave. It is a minority of the voting population in a minority of the overall population. But you are making the assumption that those who didnt vote wanted to stay,i could make the same one and say they wanted to leave.In a vote only people who vote count the name gives it away."

I think the point is that the majority of people didn't vote to leave. Not even the majority or people eligible to vote, voted leave.

A slim majority of people who did vote, voted leave.

By *teveuk77Man  over a year ago

uk

Likewise it's funny to see the "we believe in democracy and want a 2nd People's vote" line coming from the remainer Tiggers in Parliament. The likes of Chukka Umunna and Anna Soubry who want another EU People's vote but won't allow their constituents a new vote in by elections since they've switched parties. Hypocrites! "

They haven't switched parties.

Chukka Umunna was elected on the promised he made in his election leaflet. These including housing, welfare, schools, youth violence, NHS, social justice.

As far as I am aware, he still represent his constituents on the concerns that got him elected. Why would a by-election be required?

Chudleigh

Do you everread what people write? 65m total, 45m voting population (in 2016) and 17.4 vote to leave. It is a minority of the voting population in a minority of the overall population. But you are making the assumption that those who didnt vote wanted to stay,i could make the same one and say they wanted to leave.In a vote only people who vote count the name gives it away."

No assumptions, just facts. 17.4m voted to leave the remainder didn’t. The remainder outnumbers those that voted to leave. Given that people are more likely to vote for something they are passionate about, electoral logic supports the view that people who don’t vote are more likely to want to retain the Status Quo.

Likewise it's funny to see the "we believe in democracy and want a 2nd People's vote" line coming from the remainer Tiggers in Parliament. The likes of Chukka Umunna and Anna Soubry who want another EU People's vote but won't allow their constituents a new vote in by elections since they've switched parties. Hypocrites!

Chukka Umunna was elected on the promised he made in his election leaflet. These including housing, welfare, schools, youth violence, NHS, social justice.

As far as I am aware, he still represent his constituents on the concerns that got him elected. Why would a by-election be required?"

I don't think a by-election is unreasonable. Some people vote for a person, some vote for a party, and some take into account both to varying degrees. A by-election would find out.

Bristol East

"Good ole' Bristol - Thangam Debbonaire's Bristol West constituency is the biggest signatory of the petition so far.

Gert lush!

I saw that too.

One of the highest remain voting constituencies too. And we have all kinds of gay, brown, scarf wearing people. And yet we somehow all get along just fine. "

Bristol was 62 per cent remain, I think.

I lived in Bristol West.

From memory, the ballot in 2016 was the first time I'd worn a frock in a polling station.

The polling station was a church hall off Stapleton Road, so it was the first time in a church, too

Gert lush!

I saw that too.

One of the highest remain voting constituencies too. And we have all kinds of gay, brown, scarf wearing people. And yet we somehow all get along just fine.

I lived in Bristol West.

From memory, the ballot in 2016 was the first time I'd worn a frock in a polling station.

The polling station was a church hall off Stapleton Road, so it was the first time in a church, too

"

Fair play to you. It's a great area.

By *oi_LucyCouple  over a year ago

Barbados

Gert lush!

I saw that too.

I lived in Bristol West.

"

And you didn't spontaneously combust going in?

-Matt

near ipswich

Gert lush!

I saw that too.

I lived in Bristol West.

"

I thought you scots wore skirts all the time.

As far as I am aware, he still represent his constituents on the concerns that got him elected. Why would a by-election be required?"

Because it was rubber stamped on a Labour ticket which may have been the only reason many voted for him, same goes for the rest of them.

near ipswich

Do you everread what people write? 65m total, 45m voting population (in 2016) and 17.4 vote to leave. It is a minority of the voting population in a minority of the overall population. But you are making the assumption that those who didnt vote wanted to stay,i could make the same one and say they wanted to leave.In a vote only people who vote count the name gives it away.

No assumptions, just facts. 17.4m voted to leave the remainder didn’t. The remainder outnumbers those that voted to leave. Given that people are more likely to vote for something they are passionate about, electoral logic supports the view that people who don’t vote are more likely to want to retain the Status Quo. "

no logic says they are happy to go along with the majority if they wanted to retain the status quo they would have voted to remain.

Bristol East

"

I thought you scots wore skirts all the time. "

Hoots, mon!

near ipswich

"

I thought you scots wore skirts all the time.

Hoots, mon!

"

1.3 million...

By *loswingersCouple  over a year ago

Gloucester

Is there a similar petition currently running to NOT revoke article 50 ?

Cannock

"Is there a similar petition currently running to NOT revoke article 50 ?"

There was a vote to Leave which got 17.4 million votes.

"Is there a similar petition currently running to NOT revoke article 50 ?

There was a vote to Leave which got 17.4 million votes. "

Why are brexiters constantly repeating the same thing? A petition and a referendum are two different things. Anyone who is normal knows that.

Gloucester

Yep I remember that

1.5 million..

Gloucester

Why are brexiters constantly repeating the same thing? A petition and a referendum are two different things. Anyone who is normal knows that. "

So if we have a referendum , why do we need a petition ?

Is it because leavers are constantly repeating the same rhetoric and are convinced they can get the public’s choice changed ?

Why are brexiters constantly repeating the same thing? A petition and a referendum are two different things. Anyone who is normal knows that.

Is it because leavers are constantly repeating the same rhetoric and are convinced they can get the public’s choice changed ? "

Is it because leavers are constantly repeating the same rhetoric and are convinced they can get the public’s choice changed ? "

First you need to understand what the petition is, how it works. But not everyone can do it

Is it because leavers are constantly repeating the same rhetoric and are convinced they can get the public’s choice changed ?

First you need to understand what the petition is, how it works. But not everyone can do it "

You have high expectations .

Chudleigh

& people realised it was all lies, so the people rebelled...

Gloucester

First you need to understand what the petition is, how it works. But not everyone can do it "

Of course I know what the petition is , and how it works . Like the one in 2016 which asked for a second referendum , with 4.2 million signatories . And we didn’t have one !

What you need to understand is what a referendum is , and how it works . But not everyone can do that either .

Even if the petition reaches the magical 17.4 million , it’s not a legally binding thing , like the referendum was . The French , the Belgians , the Germans and all manner of others are signing it , so that tells it’s own story too . If we allowed an open petition to influence the way the country is governed we may as well let Europe tell us what to do . Oh hang on , we voted to stop that didn’t we ?

Chudleigh

First you need to understand what the petition is, how it works. But not everyone can do it

Of course I know what the petition is , and how it works . Like the one in 2016 which asked for a second referendum , with 4.2 million signatories . And we didn’t have one !

What you need to understand is what a referendum is , and how it works . But not everyone can do that either .

Even if the petition reaches the magical 17.4 million , it’s not a legally binding thing , like the referendum was . The French , the Belgians , the Germans and all manner of others are signing it , so that tells it’s own story too . If we allowed an open petition to influence the way the country is governed we may as well let Europe tell us what to do . Oh hang on , we voted to stop that didn’t we ? "

the 2016 Referendum was advisory and not legally binding. It was the main reason why the electoral commission couldn’t come down like a ton of bricks on the liars and cheats...

Incidentally, these petitions are open to anyone.

I wonder how many have signed it that are from other countries?

How many have signed it who would not be eligible to vote in a referendum or election in the UK.

How many from Russia

Gloucester

"Incidentally, these petitions are open to anyone.

How many have signed it who would not be eligible to vote in a referendum or election in the UK.

How many from Russia"

Exactly

You have high expectations . "

Yes, I think too high, I have to make a correction

1.7 million..

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

How many from Russia

Exactly "

ironic isn't it..

imagine if someone like Aaron Banks was also involved in bunging tens of millions towards such things..

How many from Russia"

From Russia? Russia wants to break up the EU, why someone from Russia would sign this petition. Another nonsense from brexiters

Even if the petition reaches the magical 17.4 million , it’s not a legally binding thing , like the referendum was . The French , the Belgians , the Germans and all manner of others are signing it , so that tells it’s own story too . If we allowed an open petition to influence the way the country is governed we may as well let Europe tell us what to do . Oh hang on , we voted to stop that didn’t we ? "

I understand what a referendum is, a referendum with a campaign without hypocrisy and lies. All this swamp was a scam. I am only surprised that some people have been able to wash their brains.

How many from Russia

From Russia? Russia wants to break up the EU, why someone from Russia would sign this petition. Another nonsense from brexiters "

High expectations again .These are simple people.They dont think things through.

Putin is obviously interested in destabilising the EU and NATO.

Gloucester

Even if the petition reaches the magical 17.4 million , it’s not a legally binding thing , like the referendum was . The French , the Belgians , the Germans and all manner of others are signing it , so that tells it’s own story too . If we allowed an open petition to influence the way the country is governed we may as well let Europe tell us what to do . Oh hang on , we voted to stop that didn’t we ?

I understand what a referendum is, a referendum with a campaign without hypocrisy and lies. All this swamp was a scam. I am only surprised that some people have been able to wash their brains."

You could say the same for every general election ! When did any political party do what they said they would ? If we had a petition every time we didn’t like the resultant effect of what we voted for , nothing would ever happen .

By *erby DomCouple  over a year ago

Ashbourne(ish) and Chesterfield(ish)

I love how Brexiteers are always shouting from the rooftop that we had a referendum and it was democratic - yes it was.

It seems a lifetime ago and now we are presented with a cliff-edge or a shit sandwich. The same Brexiteers would rather take either than even think about a second referendum.

Having one would mean that they risk losing their precious Brexit, democratically of course. Go figure, democracy my arse....

2 Million...

"2 Million... "

Well done

Chudleigh

"2 Million...

Well done "

& still going up! We need to keep telling our MPs that listening to Brexiteers is not the only way forward!

By *rotic-TouchTV/TS  over a year ago

doncaster

I've signed it

By *rench letterCouple  over a year ago

Chorley,

We are going to sign it as well.

Chudleigh

"I've signed it "

& now its 2.15m! Just leaving Westminster Village to do its own thing without intervention would have been a disaster. They know we are here & they know we care

By *ony 2016Man  over a year ago

Huddersfield /derby cinemas

When asked about the petition , May says we must accept the result of the 2016 referendum, then without pausing for breath says she wants a 3rd vote on her deal in parliament within a the space of a few weeks

How many from Russia

From Russia? Russia wants to break up the EU, why someone from Russia would sign this petition. Another nonsense from brexiters "

Point beautifully missed

Chudleigh

How many from Russia

From Russia? Russia wants to break up the EU, why someone from Russia would sign this petition. Another nonsense from brexiters

Point beautifully missed "

Unless the Russians are using UK proxy servers, uk email accounts and uk postcodes then no, the numbers are not through hacking - Farage says they don’t do that kind of thing anyway, don’t you remember from the Brexit canvassing...

ROMFORD

How many from Russia

Point beautifully missed

Unless the Russians are using UK proxy servers, uk email accounts and uk postcodes then no, the numbers are not through hacking - Farage says they don’t do that kind of thing anyway, don’t you remember from the Brexit canvassing..."

It's not hard to change the location of your proxy server. You can buy the kit on the Internet!

By *nleashedCrakenMan  over a year ago

Widnes

Actually both parties manifestos said we would leave 'with a deal'. Non of the parties said in their manifestos that we would leave with 'no deal' and 'no deal' was not on the referendum either. So how does leaving either on the 29 March or any other date with 'no deal' fulfill any democratic mandate?

Chudleigh

How many from Russia

Point beautifully missed

Unless the Russians are using UK proxy servers, uk email accounts and uk postcodes then no, the numbers are not through hacking - Farage says they don’t do that kind of thing anyway, don’t you remember from the Brexit canvassing...

It's not hard to change the location of your proxy server. You can buy the kit on the Internet! "

But it is relatively easy to spot on the Govt website, but Nigel told us the Russians wouldn’t do this anyway so we can ignore the possibiliy

Cannock

The petition is making it much more likely to be talked about in Westminster, so its chances are growing as MPs realise they could grow a pair and lead us out of this mess. How many mps do you think would get returned if they did the opposite to what they promised in their manifestos to get them in in the 1st place?.Both partys stood on honouring the referendum only the greens,snp and liberals didnt.

Actually both parties manifestos said we would leave 'with a deal'. Non of the parties said in their manifestos that we would leave with 'no deal' and 'no deal' was not on the referendum either. So how does leaving either on the 29 March or any other date with 'no deal' fulfill any democratic mandate?

"

It fulfills the mandate of the referendum in 2016 with regard to the question on the ballot paper.

The question on the ballot paper never mentioned a deal.

The question on the ballot paper asked if we wanted to remain or Leave the European Union.

The people chose Leave.

Leaving with no deal delivers on that.

Cannock

"We are going to sign it as well.

"

And now the French have admitted to signing it.

Chudleigh

Up to 2.23m now...

By *avidnsa69Man  over a year ago

Essex

The petition is making it much more likely to be talked about in Westminster, so its chances are growing as MPs realise they could grow a pair and lead us out of this mess. How many mps do you think would get returned if they did the opposite to what they promised in their manifestos to get them in in the 1st place?.Both partys stood on honouring the referendum only the greens,snp and liberals didnt.

It fulfills the mandate of the referendum in 2016 with regard to the question on the ballot paper.

The question on the ballot paper never mentioned a deal.

The question on the ballot paper asked if we wanted to remain or Leave the European Union.

The people chose Leave.

Leaving with no deal delivers on that. "

Leaving with May's deal also delivers on it

2.4 million lovely people signed it now.

Bristol East

"

Oh and one more thing. You will not be happy for this reason, but we have been UK citizens for over 5 years. "

I've met some lovely men from Poland over the years. I hope you keep coming

in Lancashire

"

Oh and one more thing. You will not be happy for this reason, but we have been UK citizens for over 5 years.

I've met some lovely men from Poland over the years. I hope you keep coming "

this..

2.5 million beautiful people. .

By *oi_LucyCouple  over a year ago

Barbados

Cheers mods for deleting the xenophobic comments.

-Matt

near ipswich

nearly 3 million now only another 14.5 million to go.

ROMFORD

"nearly 3 million now only another 14.5 million to go. "

I wonder how many have been created by automated bots like in the 2016 petition?

"nearly 3 million now only another 14.5 million to go. "

That's the spirit

West London

"nearly 3 million now only another 14.5 million to go.

I wonder how many have been created by automated bots like in the 2016 petition?"

Except no indication of this. Just speculation to cast doubt.

That was always the point of the Russian intervention though. They wouldn't need to intervene now anyway as you are behaving as they intended

This petition must hurt brexiters very much. It is amazing.

"This petition must hurt brexiters very much. It is amazing. "

ROMFORD

An interesting statement considering the petition is being signed by remainers who are hurt and refuse to accept the referendum result!

"This petition must hurt brexiters very much. It is amazing.

An interesting statement considering the petition is being signed by remainers who are hurt and refuse to accept the referendum result!"

The result of the referendum obtained thanks to lies and manipulation!

near ipswich

Not at all i think its funny remainers getting a hard on about something that will never happen.Even layla moran the lib /dem arch remainer said she wouldnt vote to revoke a50.

ROMFORD

An interesting statement considering the petition is being signed by remainers who are hurt and refuse to accept the referendum result!

The result of the referendum obtained thanks to lies and manipulation! "

Typical remainer reply.

However project fear comes to mind but the majority of voters saw though that!

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

3.1 million now. In only two days. With a website that keeps crashing and cannot keep up with people trying to sign.

Meanwhile leavers have got a few old men walking down the country.

Yes legally it doesn't mean a thing. But it gives a very good idea of the mood of the populace for and against leaving.

"This petition must hurt brexiters very much. It is amazing. Not at all i think its funny remainers getting a hard on about something that will never happen.Even layla moran the lib /dem arch remainer said she wouldnt vote to revoke a50. "

So what should we do, just give up, watch this country go backwards 50 years, be poorer and have less rights without complaining. That is exactly what they want us to do.

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

Typical remainer reply.

However project fear comes to mind but the majority of voters saw though that!"

Funny though how every one of the leavers promises have been shown to be lies, and everything in "project fear" is now recognised as true by all except a few nutters.

[Removed by poster at 22/03/19 13:42:44]

Typical remainer reply.

However project fear comes to mind but the majority of voters saw though that!"

This is not a fear project, these are facts. Why is May fighting for her deal?

Because she knows exactly what the future is for the UK without a deal. Why isn't she waiting for March 29? Answer yourself for this question.

3.15 million good and decent people have signed it now...

doncaster

"This petition must hurt brexiters very much. It is amazing. Not at all i think its funny remainers getting a hard on about something that will never happen.Even layla moran the lib /dem arch remainer said she wouldnt vote to revoke a50.

So what should we do, just give up, watch this country go backwards 50 years, be poorer and have less rights without complaining. That is exactly what they want us to do. "

"This petition must hurt brexiters very much. It is amazing. Not at all i think its funny remainers getting a hard on about something that will never happen.Even layla moran the lib /dem arch remainer said she wouldnt vote to revoke a50. "

Do you still believe what they say? Good luck then

"This petition must hurt brexiters very much. It is amazing. Not at all i think its funny remainers getting a hard on about something that will never happen.Even layla moran the lib /dem arch remainer said she wouldnt vote to revoke a50.

Do you still believe what they say? Good luck then "

They'll believe anything they are told. .

doncaster

I remember early this week that brexiters were hoping and praying Nigel farrage was going to pull strings with his pint of beer chums in EU and veto the extension so we cud crash out on the 29th march lol , NOT HAPPENING LOL

"I remember early this week that brexiters were hoping and praying Nigel farrage was going to pull strings with his pint of beer chums in EU and veto the extension so we cud crash out on the 29th march lol , NOT HAPPENING LOL "

I remember it too but I also remember that I said no one would want to talk to him, and why nobody would talk to him, everyone knows why

"I remember early this week that brexiters were hoping and praying Nigel farrage was going to pull strings with his pint of beer chums in EU and veto the extension so we cud crash out on the 29th march lol , NOT HAPPENING LOL

I remember it too but I also remember that I said no one would want to talk to him, and why nobody would talk to him, everyone knows why "

PS. Not only I said that.

in Lancashire

"I remember early this week that brexiters were hoping and praying Nigel farrage was going to pull strings with his pint of beer chums in EU and veto the extension so we cud crash out on the 29th march lol , NOT HAPPENING LOL "

One on here was close to losing the plot with glee at the thought of it, either his idol farage has less influence with some of the other swivel eyed loons in the EU or asusualitd just piffle and bunkum..

Apparently, suspicion is growing that 'bots' may be involved.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-47668946

That’s the problem with online petitions, all it takes is a few people who have nothing better to do than sit at home spoofing e-mail addys and ip addresses to make false entries

Gloucester

"Apparently, suspicion is growing that 'bots' may be involved.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-47668946"

Ah don’t spoil their fun mate !

They’ve been loving the ever increasing numbers on the petition , which is , as we all know a pointless waste of time . Even more so now we know the truth behind it !

But like I say , let them have their fun , bless em

They’ve been loving the ever increasing numbers on the petition , which is , as we all know a pointless waste of time . Even more so now we know the truth behind it !

But like I say , let them have their fun , bless em "

You didn’t read the article did you?

Sure, nothing will come of the petition. But people like to think they’re doing something. It’s better than just sitting and watching passively as the country ruins itself.

You haven't read past the headline have you

While it's possible some may be the confirmation email that needs to be replied to makes it unlikely, as per the news article

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-47668946"

If that's the case then it's just playing fair by leavers rules, remember those signatures from the leave campaign where a huge bulk of them were false? Or how "British Citizens" donated to leave but their origins couldn't be tracked down? Probably not, that would require a negative thought about your shit sandwich of a situation.

Chudleigh

Typical Leaver mudslinging and fake news - we must be getting them rattled...

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Newbury

I find the notion that we should abandon the democratic process terrifying.

It's almost like these centrists crave a dictatorship.

By *G LanaTV/TS  over a year ago

Gosport

Failing to allow validation of the referendum result through due processes in the courts yet imposing the potentially flawed result regardless did that.

Frustration among brexiters reaches the highest level. What is happening with you? Brexit is not after your thought? Do not worry, it's all for the good of the country, our childrens and grandchildrens.

Typical Leaver mudslinging and fake news - we must be getting them rattled... "

They've gone full on tin foilery conspiracy loons.Poor deluded fools they hate remainers with a passion .

Typical Leaver mudslinging and fake news - we must be getting them rattled... "

Same goes for people using VPN's, my registered ip address on the petition site could show I'm from over 100 different countries and every Web page viewed will show me as a different location.

Farage is supposedly asking for an inquiry due to "foreigners" voting on the petition just like me

Chudleigh

Typical Leaver mudslinging and fake news - we must be getting them rattled...

Same goes for people using VPN's, my registered ip address on the petition site could show I'm from over 100 different countries and every Web page viewed will show me as a different location.

Farage is supposedly asking for an inquiry due to "foreigners" voting on the petition just like me "

Maybe once they’ve completed his falsification one and being a conduit to Russia for Trump - he’d have too much on his plate right now, and be awfully tired from all the walking...

3.5 million wonderful people who aren't racist trash. ..

Bristol East

Here goes my tuppence worth:

When the activation of Article 50 is underpinned by the result of a referendum, its revocation must be underpinned by the result of a referendum, too.

Anything else, and you are taking the piss outta people.

Chudleigh

"Here goes my tuppence worth:

When the activation of Article 50 is underpinned by the result of a referendum, its revocation must be underpinned by the result of a referendum, too.

"

Which is fine if i trusted Lino to not slip a No Deal through by accident! We need to have a legal fallback to support Parliaments vote (no legal power yet) that there will be no No Deal.

West London

"Here goes my tuppence worth:

"

I agree. This will be the perception that will not be shaken.

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

do people realise these petitions mean nothing? yea they have to discuss them and that is all they have to do discuss them and as for marches whatever side your on they dont work either.i seem to remember over million marched against the war and st tony still bombed yhe shit out of iraq.think the only protest ive known to work was poll tax march.and no im not a leaver or remainer just someone who finds it funny that peeps are just realising that democracy is an illusion watever your veiws.luckily for me i realised this about 25 yrs ago. they do what they want and throw the little ppl some scraps once in a while to keep the great unwashed docile

"do people realise these petitions mean nothing? yea they have to discuss them and that is all they have to do discuss them and as for marches whatever side your on they dont work either.i seem to remember over million marched against the war and st tony still bombed yhe shit out of iraq.think the only protest ive known to work was poll tax march.and no im not a leaver or remainer just someone who finds it funny that peeps are just realising that democracy is an illusion watever your veiws.luckily for me i realised this about 25 yrs ago. they do what they want and throw the little ppl some scraps once in a while to keep the great unwashed docile"

There are no little people only big people.You sound beaten already and subdued .Get up and stand up for your rights.Its still all to play for

Chudleigh

"do people realise these petitions mean nothing? yea they have to discuss them and that is all they have to do discuss them and as for marches whatever side your on they dont work either.i seem to remember over million marched against the war and st tony still bombed yhe shit out of iraq.think the only protest ive known to work was poll tax march.and no im not a leaver or remainer just someone who finds it funny that peeps are just realising that democracy is an illusion watever your veiws.luckily for me i realised this about 25 yrs ago. they do what they want and throw the little ppl some scraps once in a while to keep the great unwashed docile"

It clearly works as it emboldens people who want to Remain that their are many like them. It puts pressure on MPs and also emboldens them and allows them perspective when they need it. It is a great way of reminding people that we dont all agree with the Mail

uk

"I find the notion that we should abandon the democratic process terrifying.

It's almost like these centrists crave a dictatorship."

The democratic process remains. We live in a country where the people choose their government. Representatives are elected to make decisions on our behalf and in our best interests.

The referendum result is not in our interests and that's the problem here. The reality of the situation is that David Cameron went to the people because his own party was under threat by UKIP after the 2015 election. That's not a decision that demonstrates democracy.

You can laugh about opinion polls but when Cameron announced the referendum Remain was 54 vs 36 which would have given a 60:40. By the referendum the polls showed them neck and neck. So, what happened during that 4 months? We were fed a pack of lies about £350m a week extra funding to the NHS. We were told lies about an EU Army and Turkey joining the EU. We were shown disgraceful images or refugees escaping war torn Syria. We were led to believe that these refugees were ISIS terrorists who were on their way to kill us. There's clear evidence of cheating and foreign influence too.

If that's your idea of democracy then I hope that it is abandoned. Cancelled Brexit would restore my faith in true democracy.

borehamwood

not beaten or subdued just do wat i want and block out the noise.ive not voted since yhe 90s same shit different coloured party.i just refuse to take part in it.if you really think they take a blind bit of notice then good for you.

Chudleigh

The democratic process remains. We live in a country where the people choose their government. Representatives are elected to make decisions on our behalf and in our best interests.

The referendum result is not in our interests and that's the problem here. The reality of the situation is that David Cameron went to the people because his own party was under threat by UKIP after the 2015 election. That's not a decision that demonstrates democracy.

You can laugh about opinion polls but when Cameron announced the referendum Remain was 54 vs 36 which would have given a 60:40. By the referendum the polls showed them neck and neck. So, what happened during that 4 months? We were fed a pack of lies about £350m a week extra funding to the NHS. We were told lies about an EU Army and Turkey joining the EU. We were shown disgraceful images or refugees escaping war torn Syria. We were led to believe that these refugees were ISIS terrorists who were on their way to kill us. There's clear evidence of cheating and foreign influence too.

If that's your idea of democracy then I hope that it is abandoned. Cancelled Brexit would restore my faith in true democracy.

"

A pretty accurate summary

West London

"do people realise these petitions mean nothing? yea they have to discuss them and that is all they have to do discuss them and as for marches whatever side your on they dont work either.i seem to remember over million marched against the war and st tony still bombed yhe shit out of iraq.think the only protest ive known to work was poll tax march.and no im not a leaver or remainer just someone who finds it funny that peeps are just realising that democracy is an illusion watever your veiws.luckily for me i realised this about 25 yrs ago. they do what they want and throw the little ppl some scraps once in a while to keep the great unwashed docile

It clearly works as it emboldens people who want to Remain that their are many like them. It puts pressure on MPs and also emboldens them and allows them perspective when they need it. It is a great way of reminding people that we dont all agree with the Mail "

I think this is the main benefit. I was personally outraged by May claiming to speak for me and blaming everyone else for this mess.

This is one way of galvanising remainers to keep fighting.

the point is that all this scarmongering about what will happen...the point is that it was voted on and passed to leave so if we vote again and again till the remains get there own way then why not extend it to politicians why vote,,and if remainers win why can the leavers not demand a revote

borehamwood

"do people realise these petitions mean nothing? yea they have to discuss them and that is all they have to do discuss them and as for marches whatever side your on they dont work either.i seem to remember over million marched against the war and st tony still bombed yhe shit out of iraq.think the only protest ive known to work was poll tax march.and no im not a leaver or remainer just someone who finds it funny that peeps are just realising that democracy is an illusion watever your veiws.luckily for me i realised this about 25 yrs ago. they do what they want and throw the little ppl some scraps once in a while to keep the great unwashed docile

It clearly works as it emboldens people who want to Remain that their are many like them. It puts pressure on MPs and also emboldens them and allows them perspective when they need it. It is a great way of reminding people that we dont all agree with the Mail "

it dosent work though it will get discussed and that is it nothing more nothing less.well thats if they can find the time.as we all know they a bit busy at momment.dont get me wrong i can see why peeps are signing it.but they will do watever they want to do.these m.p s do not give a fuck about the public.well they do wen they want your vote and that is it.the two main partys couldnt get laid in a brothel and the rest are about as usefull as a chocolate teapot

West London

"the point is that all this scarmongering about what will happen...the point is that it was voted on and passed to leave so if we vote again and again till the remains get there own way then why not extend it to politicians why vote,,and if remainers win why can the leavers not demand a revote"

That is not "the point".

The point is that this was a marginal "win" for generational change based on a lot of now proven lies.

We have had three years to see the consequences.

There is a "deal" that satisfies leaving the EU.

Do you accept that?

MPs do not. So do you reject our democratic process?

Would you rather make the choice?

Would the population be wrong to change their mind?

That's "the point".

ROMFORD

"

Talk about a one sided view!!

The British forces already do exercises with their EU partners.

How do you know in the future there will not be an EU army?

Turkey wants to join the EU. Again how do you know in the future they will not be members?

As for refugees how do you know every single one of them have not had any involvement with ISIS. We have British citizens involved with ISIS..!!

ANY amout of money we don't have to give to the EU and can be put towards the NHS is a bonus.

"

ANY amout of money we don't have to give to the EU and can be put towards the NHS is a bonus.

"

You're obviously taking the view that we don't benefit anything at all by being in the Single Market then?

By *laytimenowMan  over a year ago

Essex

Turkey wants to join the EU. Again how do you know in the future they will not be members?

As for refugees how do you know every single one of them have not had any involvement with ISIS. We have British citizens involved with ISIS..!!

"

What would it matter if Turkey joins the EU ?

West London

"

Actually, it seems to be quite a neutral view.

Was anything stated untrue?

Is anything that you have stated actually true?

Many of the things you've listed won't happen because they require unanimous agreement by all member states or an opt out. As we have on many things.

If all these refugees were IS members then they've had plenty of time to act as there are enty of them here. Perhaps they just forgot?

West London

"

How much will it cost to replace all of the regulatory nodies that are currently paid for by 27 countries?

What will be the cost of reduced trade?

What has been the cost on Brexit spending so far?

What will be the cost of lost international influence?

uk

"

Because we have a VETO on EU army. But, even if there was an EU army, remind me which country in the EU seems to get involved in every single conflict anyway! Oh, it the UK!

We have a VETO on Turkey joining the EU and will only be allowed to join if they satisfy conditions that there is absolutely no chance of them satisfying!

I don't know that every single one of them had nothing to do with ISIS. What I do know is that we can't leave millions of people living in a war zone. Even if we were outside of the EU we'd still accept refugees into the UK. The UK’s obligations to asylum seekers and refugees come from the UN Refugee Convention. Nothing to do with the EU.

As for NHS money you clearly fail to see the bigger picture which the vast majority of businesses are shouting about. Brexit will impact our economy. The £350m a week, minus the rebate minus what is actually spent in the UK is tiny compared to the potential financial loss of not being part of a trading block. Even JRM says it's going to take a very long time to see the benefits of Brexit and until that happens, the extra money from not being in the UK will contribute a tiny amount to the shortfall.

"the point is that all this scarmongering about what will happen...the point is that it was voted on and passed to leave so if we vote again and again till the remains get there own way then why not extend it to politicians why vote,,and if remainers win why can the leavers not demand a revote

That is not "the point".

The point is that this was a marginal "win" for generational change based on a lot of now proven lies.

We have had three years to see the consequences.

There is a "deal" that satisfies leaving the EU.

Do you accept that?

MPs do not. So do you reject our democratic process?

Would you rather make the choice?

Would the population be wrong to change their mind?

That's "the point"."

This