FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > May says she is not responsible for threats to MPs who oppose her.

May says she is not responsible for threats to MPs who oppose her.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *illwill69u OP   Man  over a year ago

moston

So after 2 years of kicking the brexit can down the road our autocratic PM makes a speech from her bully pulpit last night blaming MP's for her piss poor performance, but according to No 10 this has nothing to do with the assault on 1 MP and death threats to others opposed to brexit received today.

In light of the Christchurch mass murder last week and the subsequent hateful rhetoric of an Australian politician, should May be forced to accept responsibility for any violence her speech causes? And did her speech have any part in encouraging the attacks on the Birmingham mosques last night? And does the forum still think I am insane to think that the current situation could very quickly spiral out of control and descend into civil war?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ethnmelvCouple  over a year ago

Chudleigh

I don’t see Remainers going down this route - but as it becomes clearer that the loonies are more isolated than they thought, then who knows!

No violence is ever acceptable

By *laytimenowMan  over a year ago

Essex

Well, The Right & Farage & Co never seemed to get the blame for Jo Cox so i dont see it happening now.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"So after 2 years of kicking the brexit can down the road our autocratic PM makes a speech from her bully pulpit last night blaming MP's for her piss poor performance, but according to No 10 this has nothing to do with the assault on 1 MP and death threats to others opposed to brexit received today.

In light of the Christchurch mass murder last week and the subsequent hateful rhetoric of an Australian politician, should May be forced to accept responsibility for any violence her speech causes? And did her speech have any part in encouraging the attacks on the Birmingham mosques last night? And does the forum still think I am insane to think that the current situation could very quickly spiral out of control and descend into civil war?"

i think we all agree that the speech she gave didn't help and it has been rightfully panned by almost everyone.... but i don't see how you can force her to take responsibility....

this is one of those where the court of general opinion will have to be the judge

the fact there wasn't really an apology in what she said tonight doesn't help her case either.....

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

"So after 2 years of kicking the brexit can down the road our autocratic PM makes a speech from her bully pulpit last night blaming MP's for her piss poor performance, but according to No 10 this has nothing to do with the assault on 1 MP and death threats to others opposed to brexit received today.

In light of the Christchurch mass murder last week and the subsequent hateful rhetoric of an Australian politician, should May be forced to accept responsibility for any violence her speech causes? And did her speech have any part in encouraging the attacks on the Birmingham mosques last night? And does the forum still think I am insane to think that the current situation could very quickly spiral out of control and descend into civil war?

i think we all agree that the speech she gave didn't help and it has been rightfully panned by almost everyone.... but i don't see how you can force her to take responsibility....

this is one of those where the court of general opinion will have to be the judge

the fact there wasn't really an apology in what she said tonight doesn't help her case either....."

It hasn't been panned by almost everyone though has it. A sky news poll showed the public in an almost 3 way split,

1/3 blaming MP's,

1/3 blaming Theresa May

1/3 blaming both Theresa May and MP's equally.

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

Mrs May was told on Monday by Graham Brady, the Chairman of the 1922 Committee, that her time was up.

I think she's hoping that "her deal" is her last hurrah and her passage to the Lords.

The strain is starting to tell. One EU leader described her address to the EU yesterday, as confused, rambling, devoid of ideas and substance.

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

" And does the forum still think I am insane to think that the current situation could very quickly spiral out of control and descend into civil war?"

Civil disorder, yes. Civil war, no.

Plenty evidence from history of British Establishment brutality towards its own people when it feels threatened, and this won't be any different.

Some angry Captain Manwarinings waving their pitch-forks won't bring the Government down. Send in the Paras.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

the fact there wasn't really an apology in what she said tonight doesn't help her case either.....

It hasn't been panned by almost everyone though has it. A sky news poll showed the public in an almost 3 way split,

1/3 blaming MP's,

1/3 blaming Theresa May

1/3 blaming both Theresa May and MP's equally. "

actually did you notice in the same poll only 7% blamed the EU for this mess...

that kinda destroys the "the eu are bullying us" narrative that some like to push around here....

p.s it was 36% may, 24% mp's, 31% both equally........

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

" And does the forum still think I am insane to think that the current situation could very quickly spiral out of control and descend into civil war?

Plenty evidence from history of British Establishment brutality towards its own people when it feels threatened, and this won't be any different.

Some angry Captain Manwarinings waving their pitch-forks won't bring the Government down. Send in the Paras.

"

Plenty of that going on in france every weekend 7000 troops deployed on the streets to guard government buildings this weekend cant blame that on brexit its a sign of the times and people are getting fucked off with these politicians.You dont seem to see much of it on uk tv i wonder why?

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

" And does the forum still think I am insane to think that the current situation could very quickly spiral out of control and descend into civil war?

"

More like Corporal Jones.

Bristol East

"

Plenty of that going on in france every weekend 7000 troops deployed on the streets to guard government buildings this weekend cant blame that on brexit its a sign of the times and people are getting fucked off with these politicians.You dont seem to see much of it on uk tv i wonder why?"

Ask the Tory Party - their daily clusterfuck squeezes everything else out of the news here.

moston

[Removed by poster at 22/03/19 11:58:59]

moston

"Civil disorder, yes. Civil war, no.

"

Are you sure? I would not be so confident.

Look at what is happening in Mozambique after 6/7 days of food shortages, and that is in a country where the population is not being deliberately deeply divided by a number of self-serving politicians and an autocratic leader who is now looking to blame everyone else for her and her governments total mismanagement of brexit over the last 2 years. I have a nasty feeling that Mays speech and subsequent doubling down on her position that it is parliament that is at fault may well prove to be the match that breaks the camels back and causes the dissolution of the union and in the process starts a civil war.

I just hope that when this is all over that everyone remembers the reason we are now where we are is because a Tory deliberately started this so as not to loose about 14 parliamentary seats to UKIP and therefore remain in power and then after he fucked off when he realised he had fucked up another Tory compounded the problems by calling an unnecessary ego driven general election and when she lost her majority bought the DUP's Westminster votes with a £2 billion bribe and is now willing to sacrifice the country to keep those votes and her job

Bristol East

Labour MP Lloyd Russell-Moyle says a man lunged for his face and grabbed his glasses during a heated discussion on 21 March 2019. The assailant allegedly called the politician a traitor

He wrote on Twitter: ‘I was out today in the street of Kemptown with @itvnews, a vast majority want to remain and have a final say vote on deal vs remain. Unfortunately at the end of the day a man came up and started shouting at the TV crew and me. Saying MPs are the problems & we are traitors.

"He tried to assault me, grabbed & bent my glasses and for a moment I thought he was going to hit me. 3 grown men had to prise him off me. This is not normal, I’m representing my constituents but @theresa_may has whipped up fear and division with her speech last night."

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

the fact there wasn't really an apology in what she said tonight doesn't help her case either....."

Well put Fabio

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Plenty of that going on in france every weekend 7000 troops deployed on the streets to guard government buildings this weekend cant blame that on brexit its a sign of the times and people are getting fucked off with these politicians.You dont seem to see much of it on uk tv i wonder why?"

Probably caused by brexiteers if the remoaners can make a case they are so sad,pathetic,nasty,selfish,mean etc.They do make me laugh though

» Add a new message to this topic