FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > thoughts on the BREXIT shambles?

thoughts on the BREXIT shambles?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ay4realstr8 OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

hoyland

Ok ok so I’m sure your all aware of the stupid brexit shambles that’s going on currently (unless you live under a stone lol) my question is how do you all feel? I personally voted for brexit but I am sick of the constant bombardment of MPs blocking it all the time, there supposed to work for us! :/ yet we’re becoming the laughing stock of Europe and the rest of the world, I personally think a no deal should just happen! Europe needs us more than we need them but everyone is so politically correct these days no one will say the truth! Argh! It’s so infuriating (and yes I like to pay an interest in all this even though I’m young lol)

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I'm pleased Leave voters are getting what they wanted

By *ascade35Man  over a year ago

Alnwick

Discussing brexit could be tantamount to committing fabicide my friend

By *ay4realstr8 OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

hoyland

Aww c’mon don’t say that we’re all British and we need to stick together, that’s what makes us British, that and tea...

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

Unfortunately you are working on a false premise. The EU does not need us more than we need them. Yes we are stronger together and everybody benefits. But with a "no deal" the UK gets into a terrible economic and legal mess. The EU feels a moderate amount of pain. We lose about 50% of our exports. The EU loses about 10% of it's exports. We don't make anything that the EU cannot get somewhere else. We will be crippled if we can't get stuff from Europe.

If you're in the pub with 27 mates and you refuse to buy your round, and tell them you don't really need them, they don't say "don't go, we can't cope without you". They say goodbye.

Brexit is an perfect example of the actions of politicians supported by populism, without a thorough analysis and long-term forecast of economic effects.

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

Brexit is typical of the way mps think about the people they are supposed to represent.Not just here but all over europe i am so looking foreward to the eu elections and seeing all these established parties getting their arses kicked for treating the people with contempt.

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing! Brexit was the wrong question. It was a protest vote much like what happened in germany in the 1930’s. History repeats itself again and the wealthy don’t care to recognise it while those who have endured ten years of austerity from the conservatives have been given the EU as a scapegoat instead of looking at what has really happened to society.

"Brexit is typical of the way mps think about the people they are supposed to represent.Not just here but all over europe i am so looking foreward to the eu elections and seeing all these established parties getting their arses kicked for treating the people with contempt."

You and the elite establishment rubbing their hands in glee at the prospect of people voting against their own interests and voting to hand yet more wealth and power to the upper echelons.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"Aww c’mon don’t say that we’re all British and we need to stick together, that’s what makes us British, that and tea... "

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"Brexit is typical of the way mps think about the people they are supposed to represent.Not just here but all over europe i am so looking foreward to the eu elections and seeing all these established parties getting their arses kicked for treating the people with contempt.

You and the elite establishment rubbing their hands in glee at the prospect of people voting against their own interests and voting to hand yet more wealth and power to the upper echelons. "

Dillusional the elite as you call them want to stay in Europe mostlyyou invent it all

By *ethnmelvCouple  over a year ago

Chudleigh

"Unfortunately you are working on a false premise. The EU does not need us more than we need them. Yes we are stronger together and everybody benefits. But with a "no deal" the UK gets into a terrible economic and legal mess. The EU feels a moderate amount of pain. We lose about 50% of our exports. The EU loses about 10% of it's exports. We don't make anything that the EU cannot get somewhere else. We will be crippled if we can't get stuff from Europe.

If you're in the pub with 27 mates and you refuse to buy your round, and tell them you don't really need them, they don't say "don't go, we can't cope without you". They say goodbye."

Great analogy, should be easy to get...

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"I'm pleased Leave voters are getting what they wanted "

In pleased leave voters are getting exactly what was predictable, inevitable and a precice reflection of how messed up a leave voters reasoning works

So leave voter you want to destroy a fragile accord that works with a number of tribes that has taken 1000s of years to build

Then tear that up knowing full well the tribal pedantic nature of humans will mean forming another agreement will be a painful petty long drawn out grind ,statistically being in a less desirable position is vastly more probable

"Brexit is typical of the way mps think about the people they are supposed to represent.Not just here but all over europe i am so looking foreward to the eu elections and seeing all these established parties getting their arses kicked for treating the people with contempt.

You and the elite establishment rubbing their hands in glee at the prospect of people voting against their own interests and voting to hand yet more wealth and power to the upper echelons. Dillusional the elite as you call them want to stay in Europe mostlyyou invent it all"

I think you’re trying to say that the elite want to stay in Europe? Like Aaron banks, Jacob Rees Mogg, Boris Johnson, Richard Tice, Tim Martin.

These are the type of people who will directly benefit from Brexit.

The rest of us. Will lose out.

Are you seriously still arguing that Brexit will in some way benefit ordinary people? There’s literally no evidence for this. And tonnes and tonnes of evidence to show you that the above are the only people who will benefit.

"Ok ok so I’m sure your all aware of the stupid brexit shambles that’s going on currently (unless you live under a stone lol) my question is how do you all feel? I personally voted for brexit but I am sick of the constant bombardment of MPs blocking it all the time, there supposed to work for us! :/ yet we’re becoming the laughing stock of Europe and the rest of the world, I personally think a no deal should just happen! Europe needs us more than we need them but everyone is so politically correct these days no one will say the truth! Argh! It’s so infuriating (and yes I like to pay an interest in all this even though I’m young lol) "

I do find it amazing that people still say they need us more than we need them, when it is clear that that is far from true.

near ipswich

"Unfortunately you are working on a false premise. The EU does not need us more than we need them. Yes we are stronger together and everybody benefits. But with a "no deal" the UK gets into a terrible economic and legal mess. The EU feels a moderate amount of pain. We lose about 50% of our exports. The EU loses about 10% of it's exports. We don't make anything that the EU cannot get somewhere else. We will be crippled if we can't get stuff from Europe.

If you're in the pub with 27 mates and you refuse to buy your round, and tell them you don't really need them, they don't say "don't go, we can't cope without you". They say goodbye.

Great analogy, should be easy to get... "

If that is the case why are the eu doing everything they can to keep us in? can you explain that to me? is it because they feel sorry for us poor useless brits?No its because we are paying them to import more than we sell to them.would be great to have a shop that you charge people to enter so they can buy stuff off you and cant shop cheaper next door how about that for an analogy?

By *bandjam91Couple  over a year ago

London

Great analogy, should be easy to get... If that is the case why are the eu doing everything they can to keep us in? can you explain that to me? is it because they feel sorry for us poor useless brits?No its because we are paying them to import more than we sell to them.would be great to have a shop that you charge people to enter so they can buy stuff off you and cant shop cheaper next door how about that for an analogy?"

You're disulliosnal

near ipswich

Great analogy, should be easy to get... If that is the case why are the eu doing everything they can to keep us in? can you explain that to me? is it because they feel sorry for us poor useless brits?No its because we are paying them to import more than we sell to them.would be great to have a shop that you charge people to enter so they can buy stuff off you and cant shop cheaper next door how about that for an analogy?

You're disulliosnal "

great comeback

By *wingerlover2018Man  over a year ago

Moors

Great analogy, should be easy to get... "

But you forgot to actually add that out of the 27 mates your one of 3 that actually has a job and the spare cash to buy a round... if you leave no one has enough in the kitty to have a drink and the 2 friends left have to pick up the bill....

We are better off out and those that say ‘not’ are just making assumptions because you can’t strange change.... ever been made redundant??? Feels shit at the time but 90% of the time you end up better off for it!!

near ipswich

But you forgot to actually add that out of the 27 mates your one of 3 that actually has a job and the spare cash to buy a round... if you leave no one has enough in the kitty to have a drink and the 2 friends left have to pick up the bill....

We are better off out and those that say ‘not’ are just making assumptions because you can’t strange change.... ever been made redundant??? Feels shit at the time but 90% of the time you end up better off for it!!"

Hit the nail on the head there mate.

Great analogy, should be easy to get... If that is the case why are the eu doing everything they can to keep us in? can you explain that to me? is it because they feel sorry for us poor useless brits?No its because we are paying them to import more than we sell to them.would be great to have a shop that you charge people to enter so they can buy stuff off you and cant shop cheaper next door how about that for an analogy?"

Is it so hard to understand that UK even toilet paper does not produce? Of course there are factories in the UK that produce toilet paper but 90% of it is outside founds and they can transfer their founds to EU after brexit at any moment.

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

THE UK has sworn to the EU it will definitely take this chance to sort itself out before doing a shitload of nationalism in the bogs.

After begging for one last opportunity to be the rational, serious country it knows it can be, the UK won a three-week extension and celebrated by fucking itself up on patriotism hard.

Britain said: “This time I mean it, I promise. I’ll just do one more bowl of single-handedly winning World War 2 and then I’m on the straight and narrow.

“I admit I’ve gone kind of crazy on the old Union Jacks recently, but it’s been a tough time. I won’t go into it. Just… stressful stuff.

“And I can’t flush all these red, white and blue lines away, they cost me loads. I’ll just get high on them one last time, then I’ll be properly ready.”

Britain then did a large amount of patriotic nonsense before adding: “Fuck, I am out of it! Isambard Kingdom Brunel! We invented the internet, bitches! Bobby Moore! Stand on our own two feet! TAKE BACK CONTROL!”

Germany said: “We all know what the UK is doing in there. It is pitiful. I only hope it doesn’t hit rock bottom, like me that time I don’t like to talk about.”

By *loswingersCouple  over a year ago

Gloucester

We are better off out and those that say ‘not’ are just making assumptions because you can’t strange change.... ever been made redundant??? Feels shit at the time but 90% of the time you end up better off for it!!"

That makes perfect sense , well said

West London

Not really. Everyone pays in.

Poorer countries get development funding so that they can become more prosperous and a bigger market for everyone else.

The same way rich people pay higher taxes.

Perhaps you don't like that concept?

You are saying that we are better off out because anyone who thinks otherwise is a scardy cat?

Your argument for Brexit is that when you are made redundant, 90% of the time you end up better off because there is good data to support the fact that most people who lose their livelihoods end up better off?

The only paper I could find on the topic said this:

"Unemployment incidence is found to have only a temporary effect, an average earnings setback of 10% on initial re-engagement largely eroding over two years. The effect of unemployment duration, by contrast, is permanent, a one-year spell adding a further penalty of 10 percentage points. These wage penalties are least for young men and the low paid – those most at risk of unemployment – and greatest for prime age and highly paid men."

Just saying

We are better off out and those that say ‘not’ are just making assumptions because you can’t strange change.... ever been made redundant??? Feels shit at the time but 90% of the time you end up better off for it!!

That makes perfect sense , well said "

So I suggest you go to the pub

Gloucester

Poorer countries get development funding so that they can become more prosperous and a bigger market for everyone else.

You are saying that we are better off out because anyone who thinks otherwise is a scardy cat?

Your argument for Brexit is that when you are made redundant, 90% of the time you end up better off because there is good data to support the fact that most people who lose their livelihoods end up better off?

"Unemployment incidence is found to have only a temporary effect, an average earnings setback of 10% on initial re-engagement largely eroding over two years. The effect of unemployment duration, by contrast, is permanent, a one-year spell adding a further penalty of 10 percentage points. These wage penalties are least for young men and the low paid – those most at risk of unemployment – and greatest for prime age and highly paid men."

Just saying "

I’ll give you that unemployment isn’t great , but look at the facts relating to Europe .

Of the 27 countries there are only 3 countries who make a meaningful contribution . Germany are looking decidedly dodgy at the moment and the French are hardly in a good position after the recent riots . Which leaves us as the main giver and yet we owe trillions and are still in austerity ourselves . It makes no sense at all that we should be so desperate to be in the ludicrous position of becoming the prime donator to the crazy bureaucrats running the E.U.

How are we in a position to prop up the so called poorer countries when we have starving people living in the streets here ?

If we reduce our national debt and get ourselves out of the austerity we are currently in , then we can help the needy . By then I don’t believe there will be an EU because without us it will soon be seen for what it is . A gravy train for the thousands of unnecessary bureaucrats and pointless E.U. MPs .

How many of the remainers know their local MEP and what they stand for ? Very few I’d guess .

Gloucester

So I suggest you go to the pub "

Why ?

Because I’d be buying ?

That won’t work because I wasn’t born yesterday and I can see that only myself and two others are in a position to buy a round so I’d be a mug wouldn’t I ?

near ipswich

Why ?

Because I’d be buying ?

That won’t work because I wasn’t born yesterday and I can see that only myself and two others are in a position to buy a round so I’d be a mug wouldn’t I ? "

i,d buy you a drink.

By *avidnsa69Man  over a year ago

Essex

Great analogy...if it were true that only 3 countries contributed (net) to the EU. However, sadly, it's not based on fact

By *avidnsa69Man  over a year ago

Essex

Why ?

Because I’d be buying ?

That won’t work because I wasn’t born yesterday and I can see that only myself and two others are in a position to buy a round so I’d be a mug wouldn’t I ? "

11 countries are NET contributors....don't let the truth get in the way of your fairy tales

West London

Just saying

I’ll give you that unemployment isn’t great , but look at the facts relating to Europe .

Of the 27 countries there are only 3 countries who make a meaningful contribution . Germany are looking decidedly dodgy at the moment and the French are hardly in a good position after the recent riots . Which leaves us as the main giver and yet we owe trillions and are still in austerity ourselves . It makes no sense at all that we should be so desperate to be in the ludicrous position of becoming the prime donator to the crazy bureaucrats running the E.U.

How are we in a position to prop up the so called poorer countries when we have starving people living in the streets here ?

If we reduce our national debt and get ourselves out of the austerity we are currently in , then we can help the needy . By then I don’t believe there will be an EU because without us it will soon be seen for what it is . A gravy train for the thousands of unnecessary bureaucrats and pointless E.U. MPs .

How many of the remainers know their local MEP and what they stand for ? Very few I’d guess . "

Every country pays based on its income like, you know, income tax.

Obviously unfair because...just because.

However, we get a special discount so we pay less than we should. Only we have that.

That is clear proof of being victimised and unfairly treated.

Even at minimal growth Germany will contribute more than us.

Italy pays almost the same as we do.

Hoa can we spend money on space research when we have people living on the streets?

I was brought up not to only "look after my own". What about you?

The benefits of EU membership are not an accountants ledger. Money in and money out and if the cashflow doesn't match we are "losing out".

We greatly increase our trade from a single market. No tariffs, no delays, minimal paperwork.

This means more sales and cheaper goods. More profits, more jobs, more taxes from increased domestic spending.

The single market exists due to common regulations. All organised by the "pointless" European bureaucrats.

28 countries pay for the "pointless" EU regulatory bodies which we would have to pay, in full, by ourselves.

We multiply our international influence by being one of the three biggest economic and political powers on the planet. We have one of the biggest voices due to our (discounted) membership fee.

We also leverage our negotiating strength from within one of the world's biggest markets.

I barely know who my MP or local Councillor is except for when I vote of if I need something. Same for my MEP. Pointless comment to make.

» Add a new message to this topic