FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Jacinda Arden - A great leader

Jacinda Arden - A great leader

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *bernath OP   Couple  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

I am just putting it out there. I admire her, she has demonstrated how great leaders can unify and bring people together in the face of such terrible circumstances.

What are your thoughts?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

Can't argue based on the handling of the current crisis.

I have no idea about the rest of her leadership though...

By *ab_SparklesWoman  over a year ago

sparkle Surprised

I'm more wondering if it was a gun or pepper spray can attached to her leg, that the red dress she wore showed it. Or she's not telling us everything

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

She's a shining example of exactly how to respond to such incidents.

In America it's all 'thoughts and prayers' after a mass shooting - until the next one where it's all 'thoughts and prayers' again, but Jacinda Arden's approach is an immediate shake up of their gun laws and the banning of the type of weapon used. A lot of world leaders could learn a great deal from this outstanding lady

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

I have to agree and loved the way she refused to use the guys name that was great I think,would not happen here as we glorify these people in our press very wrong

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

She did wear a headscarf though, which must make her a lefty, politically correct, snowflake pandering to the Muslims

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

If you admire her that much OP, you could have at least spelt her name right!

It's Jacinda Ardern

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

Her response to this has been exemplary. True leadership.

Just shows the difference on how they value their citizens far higher than any gun lobby unlike the Americans.

Bristol East

Predictably, she's been getting death threats.

A UK charity that collects reports of race-hate says there have been dozens of instances of people pointing imaginary firearms at muslims in public places, accompanied by threats to shoot them.

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

I love that she and the New Zealand people have been able to act so quickly to remove all semi automatic assault type weapons and kits to turn them into automatic weapons from the county so quickly. Shame the USA can only offer thoughts and prayers every time similar atrocities happen there.

Bristol East

I find "thoughts and prayers" a bit patronising when that is what the people were doing when they were gunned down.

Didn't work out well for them first time, did it?

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

"I find "thoughts and prayers" a bit patronising when that is what the people were doing when they were gunned down.

Didn't work out well for them first time, did it?

"

Death seeks out crowds, when the crowds are tightly packed and on their knees they are so much easier to slaughter, especially with firearms designed for use in close quarters combat.

"Just shows the difference on how they value their citizens far higher than any gun lobby unlike the Americans. "

That’s because USA congress is propped up by shit loads of gun money

"Just shows the difference on how they value their citizens far higher than any gun lobby unlike the Americans.

That’s because USA congress is propped up by shit loads of gun money "

and to be honest I don't think enough citizens actually want tighter gun controls.

After all, how shit would it be to walk round Wallmart without your Desert Eagle in your handbag

"I have to agree and loved the way she refused to use the guys name that was great I think,would not happen here as we glorify these people in our press very wrong"

Totally agree. It really annoys me whenever there has been a terrorist attack here or a shooting in the states, the number of times the media report the perpetrators name - giving them exactly what they want - notoriety.

» Add a new message to this topic