FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Not all sandwiches are created equally

Not all sandwiches are created equally

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *erby Dom OP   Couple  over a year ago

Ashbourne(ish) and Chesterfield(ish)

So, here is my conclusion on the whole Brexit new vote/no vote debacle.

I'm coming to the conclusion that the whole Brexit process and the current problems can be summed up by referring to a humble ham and cheese sandwich (bear with me on this one).

Let's suppose the referendum was for us staying with the status quo or opting for a delicious homemade ham and cheese sandwich.

So the country votes and we opt for that delicious homemade sandwich made with British ham and cheese.

We spend two years waiting for this delicious sandwich to turn up, you know the one we voted for.

But, and here's the kicker. Instead of a delicious ham and cheese sandwich on the horizon, we catch sight of a turd pressed between two slices of bread.

Now, most people would think fuck that, I am not eating that. I am going to challenge the process and I want another say as that is not what I voted for!

However, the hardened leavers are shouting, No, we voted for it and we will therefore damn well eat it! Democracy means we have to stick with our decision and eat it.

I'm sorry but if that is your attitude as a Brexiteer, enjoy your turd sandwich.

I am going to kick up shit and try to get what I voted for either the status quo or the ham and cheese sandwich they promised.

Democracy is all about having the option not to eat a shit sandwich when you see one approaching. Trying to make everyone eat it is definitely not democracy in action.

Does anyone know of any other culinary comparisons to Brexit?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

You will eat your shit sandwiches and be happy.

Brexiters have had to put up with ciabbatta and falafel wraps due to multiculturalism and immigration for decades. .

In fairness there were 1000s of signs up in the sandwich shop saying “this sandwich contains shit”, which were written off as “project fear”.

The likes of Johnson and Rees Mogg cheering us all on telling us we will get a free meal deal with every sandwich. When I’m reality they’re the ones who own the sandwich shop and will make all the money on the shit sandwiches without having to purchase any ham or cheese.

But yes, the sandwich analogy is a good un.

To be honest a lot of different people were saying the sandwich filling would be lots of different things, we were only asked if we want one or not.

Now it turns out only a small minority want the "turd" sandwich and expect everyone else to eat it with them

By *irginieWoman  over a year ago

Near Marlborough

But the sandwich isn’t even here yet.

We are just experiencing the worst delivery service ever.

V x

"But the sandwich isn’t even here yet.

We are just experiencing the worst delivery service ever.

V x "

Its be stale for sure. ..

Nicely put. I don't want a shit sandwich either. I'll put up with Ham or cheese one if I can't have Ham and cheese. Whatever happens I will not eat shit sandwich, I would rather starve.

The good news though is that with £350m going into the NHS every week they will be able to cope with the post shit-sandwich outbreak of country wide dysentery.

By *bandjam91Couple  over a year ago

London

"So, here is my conclusion on the whole Brexit new vote/no vote debacle.

I'm coming to the conclusion that the whole Brexit process and the current problems can be summed up by referring to a humble ham and cheese sandwich (bear with me on this one).

Let's suppose the referendum was for us staying with the status quo or opting for a delicious homemade ham and cheese sandwich.

So the country votes and we opt for that delicious homemade sandwich made with British ham and cheese.

We spend two years waiting for this delicious sandwich to turn up, you know the one we voted for.

But, and here's the kicker. Instead of a delicious ham and cheese sandwich on the horizon, we catch sight of a turd pressed between two slices of bread.

Now, most people would think fuck that, I am not eating that. I am going to challenge the process and I want another say as that is not what I voted for!

However, the hardened leavers are shouting, No, we voted for it and we will therefore damn well eat it! Democracy means we have to stick with our decision and eat it.

I'm sorry but if that is your attitude as a Brexiteer, enjoy your turd sandwich.

I am going to kick up shit and try to get what I voted for either the status quo or the ham and cheese sandwich they promised.

Democracy is all about having the option not to eat a shit sandwich when you see one approaching. Trying to make everyone eat it is definitely not democracy in action.

Does anyone know of any other culinary comparisons to Brexit?"

By *alking HeadMan  over a year ago

Bolton

"So, here is my conclusion on the whole Brexit new vote/no vote debacle.

Does anyone know of any other culinary comparisons to Brexit?"

You suppose incorrectly. The choice was in (no sandwich), or out (a ham and cheese sandwich).

We still get the sandwich, but it will no doubt be wafer thin brine soaked ham and cheese strings.

I prefer pastrami and mustard. Is that on the menu?

"I prefer pastrami and mustard. Is that on the menu?"
Good god man no, that sounds almost European.

» Add a new message to this topic