FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Parliament must honour the Referendum result

Parliament must honour the Referendum result

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *un4allx OP   Man  over a year ago

Arkley

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/243319

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yeah best of luck with that. Do you have to be UK resident in order to sign it or can people worldwide sign it multiple times like they did for the remain petition?...

By *rench letterCouple  over a year ago

Chorley,

You might get the odd one signing if it's anything like the leave March. ??????

Arkley

"You might get the odd one signing if it's anything like the leave March. ??????"

Yes I think your right, they don’t like to March for fear of the abuse they get.

Or maybe they’re just hopeful that we will leave anyway.

By *bandjam91Couple  over a year ago

London

"Yeah best of luck with that. Do you have to be UK resident in order to sign it or can people worldwide sign it multiple times like they did for the remain petition?..."

It's the same site you know. So the same postcode and email confirmation system.

Be interesting to see where the will of the people is based on this.

Arkley

"Yeah best of luck with that. Do you have to be UK resident in order to sign it or can people worldwide sign it multiple times like they did for the remain petition?...

It's the same site you know. So the same postcode and email confirmation system.

Be interesting to see where the will of the people is based on this."

Yes thats right and I’ve already signed itb10 times.

London

"Yeah best of luck with that. Do you have to be UK resident in order to sign it or can people worldwide sign it multiple times like they did for the remain petition?...

Be interesting to see where the will of the people is based on this.

Yes thats right and I’ve already signed itb10 times. "

Liar

Was this created by a 12 year old? Poor grammar, poor punctuation, full of factual inaccuracies.

"The UK voted in a referendum in 2016 to Leave the EU....this wasn't dependent on a " deal" ....but rather just "Leave"

we are now demanding that all mp's honour this result .conservative and labour mp's also agreed to leave on 29/03/19...... deal or no deal as part of their gen election campaign"

By *rench letterCouple  over a year ago

Chorley,

Don't spit you dummy out.

London

"Was this created by a 12 year old? Poor grammar, poor punctuation, full of factual inaccuracies.

"The UK voted in a referendum in 2016 to Leave the EU....this wasn't dependent on a " deal" ....but rather just "Leave"

we are now demanding that all mp's honour this result .conservative and labour mp's also agreed to leave on 29/03/19...... deal or no deal as part of their gen election campaign""

I agree, it's terrible. But we're not allowed to remind people Brexit voters are generally less educated because a lot of them are snowflakes. Whoops.

Arkley

"Was this created by a 12 year old? Poor grammar, poor punctuation, full of factual inaccuracies.

we are now demanding that all mp's honour this result .conservative and labour mp's also agreed to leave on 29/03/19...... deal or no deal as part of their gen election campaign"

I agree, it's terrible. But we're not allowed to remind people Brexit voters are generally less educated because a lot of them are snowflakes. Whoops."

Pot, Kettle, Black

I agree, it's terrible. But we're not allowed to remind people Brexit voters are generally less educated because a lot of them are snowflakes. Whoops.

Pot, Kettle, Black "

Not sure who you’re referring to? I was making fun of whoever put that petition up. You’d think that they would take the time to write it in decent English. The other poster was suggesting that we’re not allowed to mention the statistical trends for less education people being more likely to vote leave.

London

Pot, Kettle, Black "

Makes no sense. QED.

Arkley

Pot, Kettle, Black

Makes no sense. QED."

Remoaners being equally uneducated.

You can’t make your minds up. On one hand it’s Elite Etonians, on the other it’s the great unwashed.

No they don't, the referendum was advisory.

Leavers of any die hard commitment should be grateful that the government is actually going through on a advisory basis, that holds no legal grounds in court.

Pot, Kettle, Black

Makes no sense. QED.

You can’t make your minds up. On one hand it’s Elite Etonians, on the other it’s the great unwashed. "

It sounds like you have a point in there somewhere. Try again.

Remainers are extremely clear and unambiguous. We want to remain in the EU. Not sure why you find that confusing.

London

Pot, Kettle, Black

Makes no sense. QED.

You can’t make your minds up. On one hand it’s Elite Etonians, on the other it’s the great unwashed. "

I'm discussing evidence, you're making shit up.

And the fact the Elite Etonians have convinced you of that only further demonstrates the point.

QED mutherf*cking squared.

Arkley

Pot, Kettle, Black

Makes no sense. QED.

You can’t make your minds up. On one hand it’s Elite Etonians, on the other it’s the great unwashed.

Remainers are extremely clear and unambiguous. We want to remain in the EU. Not sure why you find that confusing."

And so were the 17.4 million that voted to leave. No Confusion here.

Pot, Kettle, Black

Makes no sense. QED.

Remainers are extremely clear and unambiguous. We want to remain in the EU. Not sure why you find that confusing.

And so were the 17.4 million that voted to leave. No Confusion here. "

I think you'll find theres a million and one opinions on what flavour of Brexit you all want. You're as far away from a single vision for what leave should look like as you can be.

Arkley

Pot, Kettle, Black

Makes no sense. QED.

And the fact the Elite Etonians have convinced you of that only further demonstrates the point.

QED mutherf*cking squared."

Always results in abuse, and they say remoaners are peaceful and educated.

London

Pot, Kettle, Black

Makes no sense. QED.

And so were the 17.4 million that voted to leave. No Confusion here. "

Your petition has slowed down. A lot

London

Pot, Kettle, Black

Makes no sense. QED.

Always results in abuse, and they say remoaners are peaceful and educated. "

Aww snowflake.

Arkley

Pot, Kettle, Black

Makes no sense. QED.

Your petition has slowed down. A lot "

Yes we probably all have better things to do, than keep moaning and signing pointless petitions.

Pot, Kettle, Black

Makes no sense. QED.

Yes we probably all have better things to do, than keep moaning and signing pointless petitions. "

Although you are doing both here.

Moaning and signing pointless petitions.

Arkley

Pot, Kettle, Black

Makes no sense. QED.

Aww snowflake."

Your so Angry, maybe you need to visit the Doctor and sign up for some anger management therapy.

London

Pot, Kettle, Black

Makes no sense. QED.

Yes we probably all have better things to do, than keep moaning and signing pointless petitions. "

Says the man who started a forum thread about said petition. And then claimed in that thread to have signed said petition ten times. Are you Centy is disguise because that's some epic contradiction right there?

London

Pot, Kettle, Black

Makes no sense. QED.

Aww snowflake.

Your so Angry, maybe you need to visit the Doctor and sign up for some anger management therapy. "

No anger here. Just some amused troll feeding

"No they don't, the referendum was advisory.

Leavers of any die hard commitment should be grateful that the government is actually going through on a advisory basis, that holds no legal grounds in court."

By *ethnmelvCouple  over a year ago

Chudleigh

Parliament doesn’t have to honour the result. Times have changed, the lies have been disclosed and people have realised what a mess it is. Of course Parliament needs to consider the points behind the protest vote, but equally they need to do the right thing for the country and not just the party.

Arkley

"Parliament doesn’t have to honour the result. Times have changed, the lies have been disclosed and people have realised what a mess it is. Of course Parliament needs to consider the points behind the protest vote, but equally they need to do the right thing for the country and not just the party."

The mess were in is due to the pro remain MP’s that agreed to respect the Referendum result, and despite their in a lot of cases their constituents, voting to leave, are pushing their own agendas. The confusion is placed firmly at the feet of the pro Remain politicians who disrespect their constituents and don’t even know what type of Brexit they want to see.

I agree, it's terrible. But we're not allowed to remind people Brexit voters are generally less educated because a lot of them are snowflakes. Whoops."

Surely if the remainers were as educated and switched in as they claim to be they would have won the referendum.

In addition older people voted by a substantial majority to remain.

As older people will have substantial life experience and a greater sense of responsibility their votes are a better reflection of the responsible members of society.

A vote to remains is a vote to pay higher prices for goods than are necessary.

I fail to see the logic in that.

Once we have left we are in a position to negotiate a great deal for the benefit of the UK.

"Parliament doesn’t have to honour the result. Times have changed, the lies have been disclosed and people have realised what a mess it is. Of course Parliament needs to consider the points behind the protest vote, but equally they need to do the right thing for the country and not just the party.

The mess were in is due to the pro remain MP’s that agreed to respect the Referendum result, and despite their in a lot of cases their constituents, voting to leave, are pushing their own agendas. The confusion is placed firmly at the feet of the pro Remain politicians who disrespect their constituents and don’t even know what type of Brexit they want to see. "

Amazing logic. So the fault for this cluster fuck is with remainers for not wanting the country to descend into this cluster fuck.

Seriously though. It's a lose/lose situation, since the day after the vote the UK was in a no-win scenario. What other outcome did you expect?

By *teveuk77Man  over a year ago

uk

"Parliament doesn’t have to honour the result. Times have changed, the lies have been disclosed and people have realised what a mess it is. Of course Parliament needs to consider the points behind the protest vote, but equally they need to do the right thing for the country and not just the party.

The mess were in is due to the pro remain MP’s that agreed to respect the Referendum result, and despite their in a lot of cases their constituents, voting to leave, are pushing their own agendas. The confusion is placed firmly at the feet of the pro Remain politicians who disrespect their constituents and don’t even know what type of Brexit they want to see. "

I keep hearing this about MPs pushing their own agendas but without any real explanation of these agendas. Care to clarify how a remainer MPs has a hidden agendas but leave MPs just want to honour the result of the referendum?

I agree, it's terrible. But we're not allowed to remind people Brexit voters are generally less educated because a lot of them are snowflakes. Whoops. Surely if the remainers were as educated and switched in as they claim to be they would have won the referendum.

As older people will have substantial life experience and a greater sense of responsibility their votes are a better reflection of the responsible members of society.

Once we have left we are in a position to negotiate a great deal for the benefit of the UK. "

I'm not sure you have any kind of grasp on reality.

You're saying that because remainers are better educated, there should have been more of us? I don't think that follows in any kind of logic what-so-ever.

What's this nonsense about "once we've left we will be in a position to negotiate a great deal". Once we've left we will have gone past the point of no return. We will be ripe for the picking, why do you think Russia and Trump are so keen for us to leave with the most brutal terms possible.

Arkley

The mess were in is due to the pro remain MP’s that agreed to respect the Referendum result, and despite their in a lot of cases their constituents, voting to leave, are pushing their own agendas. The confusion is placed firmly at the feet of the pro Remain politicians who disrespect their constituents and don’t even know what type of Brexit they want to see.

I keep hearing this about MPs pushing their own agendas but without any real explanation of these agendas. Care to clarify how a remainer MPs has a hidden agendas but leave MPs just want to honour the result of the referendum?"

If all remoaners are so intelligent, why do you need us to keep explaining everything to you, surely your able to work it out for yourself.

uk

I agree, it's terrible. But we're not allowed to remind people Brexit voters are generally less educated because a lot of them are snowflakes. Whoops. Surely if the remainers were as educated and switched in as they claim to be they would have won the referendum.

Once we have left we are in a position to negotiate a great deal for the benefit of the UK.

You're saying that because remainers are better educated, there should have been more of us? I don't think that follows in any kind of logic what-so-ever.

What's this nonsense about "once we've left we will be in a position to negotiate a great deal". Once we've left we will have gone past the point of no return. We will be ripe for the picking, why do you think Russia and Trump are so keen for us to leave with the most brutal terms possible. "

I really don't understand how Leavers don't get this. If you show any sign of weakness in a negotiation you are screwed. Our weakness will be clear. We'll been seen as being desperate for a deal. We will have little room for manoeuvring in any negotiations.

uk

I keep hearing this about MPs pushing their own agendas but without any real explanation of these agendas. Care to clarify how a remainer MPs has a hidden agendas but leave MPs just want to honour the result of the referendum?

If all remoaners are so intelligent, why do you need us to keep explaining everything to you, surely your able to work it out for yourself. "

equals....you don't know...

Why did mogg and the ERG Vote against Mrs May's brexit?

By your logic they are as bad as blatant remainers.

They voted against the brexit on the table.

If all remoaners are so intelligent, why do you need us to keep explaining everything to you, surely your able to work it out for yourself. "

If you keep calling people "remoaners", it shows that you have little to no argument.

We are asking leavers to clarify nonsensical, factually incorrect statements.

What's this nonsense about "once we've left we will be in a position to negotiate a great deal". Once we've left we will have gone past the point of no return. We will be ripe for the picking, why do you think Russia and Trump are so keen for us to leave with the most brutal terms possible. "

Waa thinking the exact same.

London

Pro Remain politicians don't want to see any type of Brexit you tool.

Arkley

Pro Remain politicians don't want to see any type of Brexit you tool."

Again with the abuse, and in fact you are wrong on two counts. 1 Many Pro Remain MP’S have accepted the referendum and wish to leave with a deal rather than no deal. 2 The other Pro Remain MP’s are disregarding the wishes of their constituents who voted to leave, and the 17.4 million that voted to leave.

London

Again with the abuse, and in fact you are wrong on two counts. 1 Many Pro Remain MP’S have accepted the referendum and wish to leave with a deal rather than no deal. 2 The other Pro Remain MP’s are disregarding the wishes of their constituents who voted to leave, and the 17.4 million that voted to leave. "

1. Accept and want are different. 2. Not all constituencies voted to leave, even in those that did many constituents still voted to remain, other have changed their minds.

Arkley

Again with the abuse, and in fact you are wrong on two counts. 1 Many Pro Remain MP’S have accepted the referendum and wish to leave with a deal rather than no deal. 2 The other Pro Remain MP’s are disregarding the wishes of their constituents who voted to leave, and the 17.4 million that voted to leave.

1. Accept and want are different. 2. Not all constituencies voted to leave, even in those that did many constituents still voted to remain, other have changed their minds."

Whether they accept or want is irrelevant, they are elected to represent their constituents. Those Pro Remain MP’s in areas where there constituents voted to leave are not representing their constituents. FACT

Pot, Kettle, Black

Makes no sense. QED.

You're doing a fucking good job at fucking moaning yourself

Arkley

1. Accept and want are different. 2. Not all constituencies voted to leave, even in those that did many constituents still voted to remain, other have changed their minds.

Whether they accept or want is irrelevant, they are elected to represent their constituents. Those Pro Remain MP’s in areas where there constituents voted to leave are not representing their constituents. FACT"

uk

Whether they accept or want is irrelevant, they are elected to represent their constituents. Those Pro Remain MP’s in areas where there constituents voted to leave are not representing their constituents. FACT"

My MPs job is to represent my interests and those of all of the people who live in my constituency. Brexit will impact the economy and jobs. Therefore the only way my MP can represent the interests of his constituents is to vote against No Deal or any other deal.

Whether they accept or want is irrelevant, they are elected to represent their constituents. Those Pro Remain MP’s in areas where there constituents voted to leave are not representing their constituents. FACT

My MPs job is to represent my interests and those of all of the people who live in my constituency. Brexit will impact the economy and jobs. Therefore the only way my MP can represent the interests of his constituents is to vote against No Deal or any other deal."

That's it, MP's are there to vote in items that they feel will benefit their whole constituency not just a section.

By *avidnsa69Man  over a year ago

Essex

Once we have left we are in a position to negotiate a great deal for the benefit of the UK. "

Being old is not the same as being wise

Essex

Tosh. On that basis Raab and Redwood shouldn't be rabid leavers given they represent Remain constituencies. Or does it not cut both ways?

Arkley

Tosh. On that basis Raab and Redwood shouldn't be rabid leavers given they represent Remain constituencies. Or does it not cut both ways?"

No, your right it does cut both ways.

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

"https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/243319

"

If I make a decision based on a certain set of information and that information turns out to be incorrect then I would like to make a different decision.

I'd rather not stick with my original choice simply because it was my original view based on poor data.

What's your view on that?

Would you expect to be able to return something to a shop that did not do what it claimed to on the box?

By *ykmwyldTV/TS  over a year ago

Belpre

Piss, moan, and groan all you want. The sooner the UK is out of the EU the better. Sure, it's going to be tough for awhile, nobody said it wasn't, but the UK will be far better off in the long run for leaving. It would have definitely been easier if the UK had left a decade ago, but better late than the alternative.

By *nleashedCrakenMan  over a year ago

Widnes

In that case neither are the pro Leave MPs that represent constituencies that voted Remain, like Rees-Mogg.

In reality MPs are representatives, not delegates. Their job, as defined in law, is to scrutinise legislation, debate and discuss the merits and demerits of legislation, and then vote in accordance to what they believe to be in the best interests of the country and their constituents. In my opinion, from Rees-Mogg to Corbyn, that is what most of them are trying to do.

Are you seriously suggesting that MPs, whatever side of the argument they are on, should vote for something that they believe to damaging to the country and their constituents? Would you?

Widnes

My MPs job is to represent my interests and those of all of the people who live in my constituency. Brexit will impact the economy and jobs. Therefore the only way my MP can represent the interests of his constituents is to vote against No Deal or any other deal.

That's it, MP's are there to vote in items that they feel will benefit their whole constituency not just a section. "

In the US system that's absolutely correct but in the UK system they are also meant to take into consideration the benefit of the whole country and unrepresented people (such as Gibraltar, Channel Islands and other overseas territories) as well. It's actually called Virtual Representation.

Widnes

Tosh. On that basis Raab and Redwood shouldn't be rabid leavers given they represent Remain constituencies. Or does it not cut both ways?.

No, your right it does cut both ways. "

Actually it cuts neither way. They should all vote, after looking at the facts and scrutinising the legislation, for what they believe to be best for the country and their constituents. That's what the job description says, it's what the law demands and constitutional precedent dictates, and it's what they will eventually do.

By *nglishdoodMan  over a year ago

Morristown

"Yeah best of luck with that. Do you have to be UK resident in order to sign it or can people worldwide sign it multiple times like they did for the remain petition?..."

Only 200k or so votes came from outside the UK (you can look yourself on the petition page) some of those for sure will be non-British but I'm sure there are a few Brits like me who are overseas.

So, remove all the foreign votes and you still have 5.3 million. It's possible some people used multiple email addresses, but millions? Bollocks.

Widnes

"Piss, moan, and groan all you want. The sooner the UK is out of the EU the better. Sure, it's going to be tough for awhile, nobody said it wasn't, but the UK will be far better off in the long run for leaving. It would have definitely been easier if the UK had left a decade ago, but better late than the alternative."

But that's simply not true, is it. None of the Leave campaigners said anything about it being tough for a while. Did not Leave say that the day after we vote to leave we will be able to get a better trade deal with the EU than we have now, because we would hold all the cards? It's almost 3 years since the referendum and there seems no sign of this better trade deal with the EU.

It would be more correct to say that the Leave side said it would be easy and, when the Remain side said it would be tough, Leave called it project fear.

Leave has always been great at changing their stance. Remember that £350 Million a week extra for the NHS? How the EU will be begging the UK for a great deal? How we will be able to set our own terms and demands that the EU will cave on?

And then little by little it became, We'll only be worse off for a while! We've survived WW2 so we can survive this! We'll build up a new Britain! We may be worse off but at least we'll be Great again! Etc, etc.

Arkley

If I make a decision based on a certain set of information and that information turns out to be incorrect then I would like to make a different decision.

I'd rather not stick with my original choice simply because it was my original view based on poor data.

Would you expect to be able to return something to a shop that did not do what it claimed to on the box? "

What you suggest is to return it, before I’ve even had a chance to test it, based on, who shouts the loudest.

Arkley

"Leave has always been great at changing their stance. Remember that £350 Million a week extra for the NHS? How the EU will be begging the UK for a great deal? How we will be able to set our own terms and demands that the EU will cave on?

And then little by little it became, We'll only be worse off for a while! We've survived WW2 so we can survive this! We'll build up a new Britain! We may be worse off but at least we'll be Great again! Etc, etc.

"

No I don’t remember that, But I do remember, the Bank of England’s chief economist admitting his profession is in crisis having failed to foresee the 2008 financial crash and having misjudged the impact of the Brexit vote. I do remember the project fear over the Millenium bug.

I do remember 350 Million could be better spent in things like our NHS, at no point was I suckered into believing that the 350m would be spent solely on the NHS.

Chudleigh

"Leave has always been great at changing their stance. Remember that £350 Million a week extra for the NHS? How the EU will be begging the UK for a great deal? How we will be able to set our own terms and demands that the EU will cave on?

No I don’t remember that, But I do remember, the Bank of England’s chief economist admitting his profession is in crisis having failed to foresee the 2008 financial crash and having misjudged the impact of the Brexit vote. I do remember the project fear over the Millenium bug.

I do remember 350 Million could be better spent in things like our NHS, at no point was I suckered into believing that the 350m would be spent solely on the NHS. "

Stop muddying the water with stuff that has no relevanceto this. Brexit will not be the land of milk & honey portrayed by Brexiteers - it would be hard, difficult, uncertain, no unicorns. Even leading Brexiteers are saying in 50 years we will be better off - wtf!

Only 200k or so votes came from outside the UK (you can look yourself on the petition page) some of those for sure will be non-British but I'm sure there are a few Brits like me who are overseas.

So, remove all the foreign votes and you still have 5.3 million. It's possible some people used multiple email addresses, but millions? Bollocks. "

The vast majority of so called foreign votes could easily be UK voters using VPN's.

I do remember 350 Million could be better spent in things like our NHS, at no point was I suckered into believing that the 350m would be spent solely on the NHS. "

The millennium bug was to do with the year being represented by two digits in programming code. What a silly comparison. Besides, nothing happened because people worked hard to fix the problem, (basically the opposite of Brexit, so well done).

Remember people in London being afraid of the black death? Huh, loads of them died.

History tells us some fears come true, some do not. So picking random ones as examples is completely meaningless.

You do know that 350 million is complete bushit right? And that it will cost the country billions of pounds a year to be outside the EU? You do know that don't you?

By *oi_LucyCouple  over a year ago

Barbados

"project fear over the millennium bug"?!

What is it with some people in this country? Yes there is fear, there is fear of the unknown. It is a natural human response. The only antidote to that is education. And that starts with you pulling your head out your arse.

The millennium bug is a very good example of something that *was* averted due to a lot of hard work and planning. I was one of those people going through code, testing system, making sure that things would function OK when the century rolled over to 00. It is very much the complete opposite of Brexit in which people are just sticking their head in the sand and believing all the tabloid crap they are being fed and the lies from the self-serving politicians.

The fact those people have been beaten down with austerity such that they will believe *anything* to make their lives better is just part of the long con of the Conservative party. "Piss on the fire Jack, my sausages are done!"

-Matt

"Piss, moan, and groan all you want. The sooner the UK is out of the EU the better. Sure, it's going to be tough for awhile, nobody said it wasn't, but the UK will be far better off in the long run for leaving. It would have definitely been easier if the UK had left a decade ago, but better late than the alternative."

Outstanding. In a way I do admire people who stick to their beliefs with religious fever. The ability to hold on to a half truth somewhere that agrees with your view while ignoring the overwhelming avalanche of evidence and information to the contrary. It takes a special kind of determination.

I do remember 350 Million could be better spent in things like our NHS, at no point was I suckered into believing that the 350m would be spent solely on the NHS.

"project fear over the millennium bug"?!

What is it with some people in this country? Yes there is fear, there is fear of the unknown. It is a natural human response. The only antidote to that is education. And that starts with you pulling your head out your arse.

The millennium bug is a very good example of something that *was* averted due to a lot of hard work and planning. I was one of those people going through code, testing system, making sure that things would function OK when the century rolled over to 00. It is very much the complete opposite of Brexit in which people are just sticking their head in the sand and believing all the tabloid crap they are being fed and the lies from the self-serving politicians.

The fact those people have been beaten down with austerity such that they will believe *anything* to make their lives better is just part of the long con of the Conservative party. "Piss on the fire Jack, my sausages are done!"

-Matt

"

A better analogy for the mellenium bug would be: people who didn't understand what it, voted for it because they were told it would be great, then bitch and moan at people who voted not to introduce the bug.

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

"

No. The UK would be leaving the UK this Friday if the Conservative Party and its partner the DUP supported the exit plan of their leader.

They have refused to do so, so the UK is not leaving on Friday.

By *tace 309TV/TS  over a year ago

durham

"Don't spit you dummy out. "
you remoaners are the ones with the dummies

"Don't spit you dummy out. you remoaners are the ones with the dummies "

Well, this is such a strong, water-tight argument that I'm now in favour of Brexit. The most extreme, most damaging kind if Brexit please.

I'll make sure my tin foil hat is firmly in place, sit in my arm chair and wait for the unicorns to drop off my pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

By *anny77Man  over a year ago

glasgow

Pot, Kettle, Black

Makes no sense. QED.

Aww snowflake.

Your so Angry, maybe you need to visit the Doctor and sign up for some anger management therapy.

No anger here. Just some amused troll feeding"

I’d suggest you’re not troll feeding but actually trolling. Distinct difference.

By *bi_AstrayTV/TS  over a year ago

Plymouth

So, remove all the foreign votes and you still have 5.3 million. It's possible some people used multiple email addresses, but millions? Bollocks. "

There are well over 10 million UK citizens living and working abroad... Maybe only a fraction of those have decided to sign the petition. IP addresses are checked and suspicious activity from a single IP address will cause those signatures to be discounted.

Plymouth

Stop muddying the water with stuff that has no relevanceto this. Brexit will not be the land of milk & honey portrayed by Brexiteers - it would be hard, difficult, uncertain, no unicorns. Even leading Brexiteers are saying in 50 years we will be better off - wtf! "

But, But, But, WE WON THE WAR, Now we is being ruled over by the bloody germans, gernany, france italy spain greece, all bankrupt, all of them I tell you!!! And us, with our smaller country and bigger national debt are proppin them up, I for one wont bloody pay for there bailouts

West London

Would you expect to be able to return something to a shop that did not do what it claimed to on the box?

What you suggest is to return it, before I’ve even had a chance to test it, based on, who shouts the loudest. "

Brexiteers having been shouting the loudest for quite some time. In fact, the tiny numbers in the ERG are pushing for a hard Brexit which was never ever mentioned during the campaign.

You don't test things out with the economy and the future of a country.

We already know that the leave promises were lies.

Again, if a decision was made based on one set of information that now transpires to be untrue do you think that you should not be allowed to change your mind?

You may be a leaver. It sounds like you would not change your mind whatever the consequences.

I am a strong remainder because I have seen no data to convince me otherwise.

Mlst peoe are neither of these things. They hold no strong opinion. They just made a decision on the information that they had available.

Would the British people be wrong to change their mind based on new information?

"I do remember the project fear over the Millenium bug."

See now I know you're stupid.

Chudleigh

Stop muddying the water with stuff that has no relevanceto this. Brexit will not be the land of milk & honey portrayed by Brexiteers - it would be hard, difficult, uncertain, no unicorns. Even leading Brexiteers are saying in 50 years we will be better off - wtf! But, But, But, WE WON THE WAR, Now we is being ruled over by the bloody germans, gernany, france italy spain greece, all bankrupt, all of them I tell you!!! And us, with our smaller country and bigger national debt are proppin them up, I for one wont bloody pay for there bailouts "

Haha, if only we could go back to 1066

Plymouth

Stop muddying the water with stuff that has no relevanceto this. Brexit will not be the land of milk & honey portrayed by Brexiteers - it would be hard, difficult, uncertain, no unicorns. Even leading Brexiteers are saying in 50 years we will be better off - wtf! But, But, But, WE WON THE WAR, Now we is being ruled over by the bloody germans, gernany, france italy spain greece, all bankrupt, all of them I tell you!!! And us, with our smaller country and bigger national debt are proppin them up, I for one wont bloody pay for there bailouts

Haha, if only we could go back to 1066 "

Damn right We will really put the Great back in Great Britain then hahaha

By *nglishdoodMan  over a year ago

Morristown

Just for the record as of this moment the votes from within the UK stand at 5,488,226.

Even if you disregard the votes from Brits abroad it doesn't change much.

This info is available right on the petition page.

This is all down to in house fighting for power.

Torys for leadership job, labour to get into power and libs just for a voice.

SNP to get a second ref.

Time they done their job and carried out what they said they would do if elected.

"This is all down to in house fighting for power.

Torys for leadership job, labour to get into power and libs just for a voice.

SNP to get a second ref.

Time they done their job and carried out what they said they would do if elected. "

Since when did a politician do what they promised they would do after they get elected?

Chudleigh

Stop muddying the water with stuff that has no relevanceto this. Brexit will not be the land of milk & honey portrayed by Brexiteers - it would be hard, difficult, uncertain, no unicorns. Even leading Brexiteers are saying in 50 years we will be better off - wtf! But, But, But, WE WON THE WAR, Now we is being ruled over by the bloody germans, gernany, france italy spain greece, all bankrupt, all of them I tell you!!! And us, with our smaller country and bigger national debt are proppin them up, I for one wont bloody pay for there bailouts

Haha, if only we could go back to 1066 Damn right We will really put the Great back in Great Britain then hahaha"

Bloudy Normans coming over here and killing our Danish King, if only the Norwegians had won, they’d have kicked the Normans out...

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Yes they MUST honour it or destroy democracy as we know it and believe that even most ignorant remoaners believe this

Widnes

But you clearly were suckered into believing that there would be an extra £350 million when the reality is there never was.

Chudleigh

"Yes they MUST honour it or destroy democracy as we know it and believe that even most ignorant remoaners believe this"

Oh the irony! Letting the people change their mind is undemocratic!?

"Yes they MUST honour it or destroy democracy as we know it and believe that even most ignorant remoaners believe this"

So having some more democracy is undemocratic?

Chudleigh

"Yes they MUST honour it or destroy democracy as we know it and believe that even most ignorant remoaners believe this

So having some more democracy is

undemocratic?"

It’s like nature this democracy thing, it’s all over me

Widnes

I expect my MP to vote for what he believes to be right. It will do our democracy far more harm if MPs vote for a BREXIT deal, having made clear from both sides that they believe the deal to be a bad deal, and then BREXIT actually turns out to be as bad as many fear. I might perhaps be able to forgive those MPs who vote for BREXIT, and this BREXIT deal in particular, if they genuinely believe that it's the right thing for Britain but there will be little or no forgiveness for MPs who vote for BREXIT because they're more concerned about getting re-elected or the good of their party than they are about the welfare of the country.

Plymouth

So democracy should be based on an advisory referendum, which, had it been legally binding, would have been declared null and void because of the election rules and laws broken? Mainly by the leave side... Not to mention the blatant lies and misinformation. What a load of old tosh, democracy my arse.

"Yes they MUST honour it or destroy democracy as we know it and believe that even most ignorant remoaners believe this

So democracy should be based on an advisory referendum, which, had it been legally binding, would have been declared null and void because of the election rules and laws broken? Mainly by the leave side... Not to mention the blatant lies and misinformation. What a load of old tosh, democracy my arse. "

We was told which every way you vote the government will honour it.

That makes it binding to me.

Chudleigh

So democracy should be based on an advisory referendum, which, had it been legally binding, would have been declared null and void because of the election rules and laws broken? Mainly by the leave side... Not to mention the blatant lies and misinformation. What a load of old tosh, democracy my arse. We was told which every way you vote the government will honour it.

That makes it binding to me. "

They also told us a whole lot of other lies which they have conveniently forgotten. My unicorn still hasn’t been delivered

So democracy should be based on an advisory referendum, which, had it been legally binding, would have been declared null and void because of the election rules and laws broken? Mainly by the leave side... Not to mention the blatant lies and misinformation. What a load of old tosh, democracy my arse. We was told which every way you vote the government will honour it.

It wasn’t legally binding despite what some may have said.

“EuropeanUnionReferendumBill2015-16

5. Types of referendum

This Bill requires a referendum to be held on the question of the UK’s continued membership of the European Union (EU) before the end of 2017. It does not contain any requirement for the UK Government to implement the results of the referendum, nor set a time limit by which a vote to leave the EU should be implemented. Instead, this is a type of referendum known as pre-legislative or consultative, which enables the electorate to voice an opinion which then influences the Government in its policy decisions. The referendums held in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland in 1997 and 1998 are examples of this type, where opinion was tested before legislation was introduced. The UK does not have constitutional provisions which would require the results of a referendum to be implemented, unlike, for example, the Republic of Ireland, where the circumstances in which a binding referendum should be held are set out in its constitution.”

" We was told which every way you vote the government will honour it.

So you "was told" by some bloke down the pub that the government will honour the result of the referendum. So to you personally its binding.

Not sure that would hold up in a court of law.

Also, the government is still planning on dropping us out of the EU. So I'm not sure what you're moaning about.

Maybe you should get off your cosy sofa and see what other people think out in the real world? Just a thought!

upton wirral

Maybe you should get off your cosy sofa and see what other people think out in the real world? Just a thought!"

Well reading this and other post means that my nice comment about remoaners being democratic was wrong they are all selfish bordering on evil

So you "was told" by some bloke down the pub that the government will honour the result of the referendum. So to you personally its binding.

Also, the government is still planning on dropping us out of the EU. So I'm not sure what you're moaning about."

I was no told by some bloke in the pub, but by the head of this country.

And now they are trying to go back on their word. And as for miss information where is all the job losses and £3,000 loss of spending power, if we voted out?

Chudleigh

Also, the government is still planning on dropping us out of the EU. So I'm not sure what you're moaning about.I was no told by some bloke in the pub, but by the head of this country.

And now they are trying to go back on their word. And as for miss information where is all the job losses and £3,000 loss of spending power, if we voted out?"

Tis coming, unless we stay. It would be easiest to put it to a vote now, pretty likely most people would vote against any of the rubbish options!

Pot, Kettle, Black

Makes no sense. QED.

Well it's both isn't it? The manipulation of the latter by the former.

"Well reading this and other post means that my nice comment about remoaners being democratic was wrong they are all selfish bordering on evil"

I love the irony about you though, you realise the same majority that's pushing for no deal Brexit are mainly the same kind of folks who look down on you and would give you a kicking for being a tv/ts. I guess your old man side overpowered your senses there.

Also, the government is still planning on dropping us out of the EU. So I'm not sure what you're moaning about.I was no told by some bloke in the pub, but by the head of this country.

And now they are trying to go back on their word. And as for miss information where is all the job losses and £3,000 loss of spending power, if we voted out?"

I’ll think you’ll find the terms of the referendum stated that the referendum was advisory. That was extremely clear at the time. Besides, we’re still leaving the E.U. so what’s your beef?

If you want a discussion on the multiple downsides of Brexit, and the zero positives. That’s covered at length in other threads.

When will brexiters realise resistance is futile remainers are in charge of parliament.

London

No we don't.

Plymouth

[Removed by poster at 26/03/19 19:17:10]

Essex

Based on what evidence?

Plymouth

Where are all the job losses, are you for real? 1000 have already gone and we've only talked about leaving, google it... hint EU agencies. There are more Bank of America and other banks setting up EU bases, you just don't want to believe it...

I changed some money to go on holiday last year and calculated that it had lost me over $600 with the difference in exchange rates alone compared with pre referendum exchange rates, again, we haven't even left yet. Nearly every financial commentator is predicting losses of some type... prices of imported goods are creeping up in the shops as we have a weaker pound, add that up over the last 3 years.

And now they are trying to go back on their word. And as for miss information where is all the job losses and £3,000 loss of spending power, if we voted out?

I’ll think you’ll find the terms of the referendum stated that the referendum was advisory. That was extremely clear at the time. Besides, we’re still leaving the E.U. so what’s your beef?

If you want a discussion on the multiple downsides of Brexit, and the zero positives. That’s covered at length in other threads.

"

I quoted the EU referendum bill to them just below their initial comment that they’d been told it was legally binding so I’m not sure why they still think otherwise.

Essex

So having some more democracy is undemocratic?"

Apparently too much democracy is bad for you...just like too much sovereignty

Plymouth

Well it doesn't for me, and because it allowed election laws and rules to be broken without any ramification is not democratic by any stretch of the imagination.

uk

"Piss, moan, and groan all you want. The sooner the UK is out of the EU the better. Sure, it's going to be tough for awhile, nobody said it wasn't, but the UK will be far better off in the long run for leaving. It would have definitely been easier if the UK had left a decade ago, but better late than the alternative.

Based on what evidence? "

There is no evidence.

I read the following today: "Nearly half (49%) of leave voters said the biggest single reason for wanting to leave the EU was “the principle that decisions about the UK should be taken in the UK”. One third (33%) said the main reason was that leaving “offered the best chance for the UK to regain control over immigration and its own borders.”"

The main reason that 82% of people voted to leave was because of 'non-issues'. Principle decisions are made in the UK. Laws that are made outside the UK are agreed by our democratically elected in over 90% of the cases. How anyone can argue that principle decisions are made outside the UK is beyond me.

As for immigration and borders, one word. Schengen.

"Piss, moan, and groan all you want. The sooner the UK is out of the EU the better. Sure, it's going to be tough for awhile, nobody said it wasn't, but the UK will be far better off in the long run for leaving. It would have definitely been easier if the UK had left a decade ago, but better late than the alternative.

Based on what evidence?

There is no evidence.

I read the following today: "Nearly half (49%) of leave voters said the biggest single reason for wanting to leave the EU was “the principle that decisions about the UK should be taken in the UK”. One third (33%) said the main reason was that leaving “offered the best chance for the UK to regain control over immigration and its own borders.”"

The main reason that 82% of people voted to leave was because of 'non-issues'. Principle decisions are made in the UK. Laws that are made outside the UK are agreed by our democratically elected in over 90% of the cases. How anyone can argue that principle decisions are made outside the UK is beyond me.

"

Most people voted out not because of the EU now but the EU tomorrow. But it looks like they will get their way, and drag us into a superstate. Money and power always wins over the little people, so superstate run by multinationals how dare we vote against them.

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

"g

t looks like they will get their way, and drag us into a superstate. Money and power always wins over the little people, so superstate run by multinationals how dare we vote against them."

People in Scotland have been saying that since 1707.

West London

Based on what evidence?

There is no evidence.

Most people voted out not because of the EU now but the EU tomorrow. But it looks like they will get their way, and drag us into a superstate. Money and power always wins over the little people, so superstate run by multinationals how dare we vote against them."

Is this the superstate run by multinationals that just voted through Article 13 forcing Internet firms to pay artists royalties for distributing their work?

Is it the one run by multinationals that has fined Microsoft for a to-competitive practises? The one that forced mobile phone companies to not charge a premium for roaming? The one forcing stricter environmental regulation on car companies and power generation?

Do you think that the UK on its own wj have more or less power against multinational companies?

Article 13 may help some but most of its about controlling the Internet. They already control the media, shooting people in France and marches in German no news coverage. With control of the net you will only see what they want you to. Brave new world of the EU superstate.

"Article 13 may help some but most of its about controlling the Internet. They already control the media, shooting people in France and marches in German no news coverage. With control of the net you will only see what they want you to. Brave new world of the EU superstate. "

Glad to see your tin foil hat is firmly in place.

Try reading real news not what put in front of you.That's how they work.

But you have to hand it to them they are good.

upton wirral

"When will brexiters realise resistance is futile remainers are in charge of parliament. "
that means we leave with no deal and nobody wants that so get real

"Try reading real news not what put in front of you.That's how they work.

But you have to hand it to them they are good. "

You're telling me that, yet you believe all this alt right bullshit peddled by the likes of infowars etc.

uk

Based on what evidence?

There is no evidence.

Most people voted out not because of the EU now but the EU tomorrow. But it looks like they will get their way, and drag us into a superstate. Money and power always wins over the little people, so superstate run by multinationals how dare we vote against them."

Over 12,000 people were surveyed yet you are suggesting something entirely different based on what evidence? You opinion? Reminds me of a typical brexiter who disagrees with an opinion poll. "Well, they didn't as me so it can't be right".

Most people voting Leave didn't have a clue what they were voting for and if they had a reason they didn't really understand enough to form that sensible opinion. I say this not having a dig at the intelligence of a Brexiter but would apply the same to most Remainers - even including myself.

The general public do not possess enough knowledge to make these decisions.

Essex

Based on what evidence?

There is no evidence.

The only flaw in your argument is that on many issues we have a veto. Tbh, whenever anyone uses the word Superstate, I know theyre talking emotive tosh and have no idea whatsoever .

Widnes

Based on what evidence?

There is no evidence.

Most people voted out not because of the EU now but the EU tomorrow. But it looks like they will get their way, and drag us into a superstate. Money and power always wins over the little people, so superstate run by multinationals how dare we vote against them.

The only flaw in your argument is that on many issues we have a veto. Tbh, whenever anyone uses the word Superstate, I know theyre talking emotive tosh and have no idea whatsoever ."

I wish someone would tell me exactly they mean by 'Superstate'.

West London

You are finding the "news" that you want to believe then.

Can you list anything positive about membership of the EU or negatives of leaving?

uk

But you have to hand it to them they are good.

You are finding the "news" that you want to believe then.

Can you list anything positive about membership of the EU or negatives of leaving? "

Freedom of Movement.

Were you on the sauce when you wrote this?

By *anejohnkent6263Couple  over a year ago

canterbury

It does not want to ..simple

West London

"It does not want to ..simple"

It's trying to.

May is only proposing a transition agreement which has been opposed by leave not remain supporters.

You do get that, right?

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

The conservative party has had almost 3 years to decide upon what type of Brexit it wants and still hasn't. It would have been less wasteful of all this time if it had done so sooner, perhaps even before the referendum, so people knew what they were voting for from the party.

» Add a new message to this topic