FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Brexit means Brexit

Brexit means Brexit

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So the PM has made a hash of things as expected since the Tories are all out to line their pockets instead of thinking of the people as usual. However what gets me frustrated the most is people regurgitating the same sound bites they learn off the TV like "Brexit means Brexit", "Let's leave already", "Why don't they get on with it", "We survived the war so we'll survive this", "Leave with no deal" etc....

So it's clearly evident from these comments that most people do not understand what leaving means for them.

Should we change our electoral system so that ONLY people with University education or those above a certain IQ be allowed to vote? This will mean decisions for the country are made by those who are more educated in society and will prevent corrupt politicians pandering to the uneducated and scaremongering people to vote certain ways. Thoughts?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Wrong forum. Politics is thataway

By *hekaiserMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

You dont have to be educated to be corrupt, selfish or self centred......

By *ed-monkeyCouple  over a year ago

Hailsham

*walks in ... shakes head thinking this won't end well ... walks back out again*

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Wrong threar but that is the most discusting non democratic idea I have ever heard.Lets go the whole hog and let the monarch be solely in charge and if you disagree with her you get beheaded

"You dont have to be educated to be corrupt, selfish or self centred......

"

That's not what I said. It's harder to pull the wool over someone's eyes if they are informed. Corrupt politicians want more uneducated people as they are easier to manipulate

"*walks in ... shakes head thinking this won't end well ... walks back out again*"

You could always refrain from commenting on any of my threads. I'm sure there are others you can join. I chose not to engage with The Pack

No.

But for a referendum there should be say 20 questions to prove that the votet has a basic understanding of the issue. You have to score 90% for your vote to count.

Remain would have won by an epic landslide judging by what the leavers post up on here.

"Wrong forum. Politics is thataway"

There are like 5 threads about politics. You say the same to them? Perhaps go join the one that says "whats your favourite colour" might be more engaging.

"No.

But for a referendum there should be say 20 questions to prove that the votet has a basic understanding of the issue. You have to score 90% for your vote to count.

Remain would have won by an epic landslide judging by what the leavers post up on here."

That is a good idea actually, never thought of that. So perhaps when they conduct any referendums they need a small survey to see if people understand what they are voting for. Those that don't get their votes voided.

Glasgow

That's not what I said. It's harder to pull the wool over someone's eyes if they are informed. Corrupt politicians want more uneducated people as they are easier to manipulate "

Educated folk can be manipulated too....look at the US and Trump.

Look further back to Nazi Germany....educated folk supported Hitler.

"So the PM has made a hash of things as expected since the Tories are all out to line their pockets instead of thinking of the people as usual. However what gets me frustrated the most is people regurgitating the same sound bites they learn off the TV like "Brexit means Brexit", "Let's leave already", "Why don't they get on with it", "We survived the war so we'll survive this", "Leave with no deal" etc....

So it's clearly evident from these comments that most people do not understand what leaving means for them.

Should we change our electoral system so that ONLY people with University education or those above a certain IQ be allowed to vote? This will mean decisions for the country are made by those who are more educated in society and will prevent corrupt politicians pandering to the uneducated and scaremongering people to vote certain ways. Thoughts?

"

Would you be aloud to vote in this system?

That's not what I said. It's harder to pull the wool over someone's eyes if they are informed. Corrupt politicians want more uneducated people as they are easier to manipulate

Look further back to Nazi Germany....educated folk supported Hitler."

I wouldn't call US educated. I've come across University educated Americans who didn't know basic stuff. Their education is skewed and often based around nationalistic propaganda. Germany mmmm I'm not sure in 1940's education was something they all had.

"So the PM has made a hash of things as expected since the Tories are all out to line their pockets instead of thinking of the people as usual. However what gets me frustrated the most is people regurgitating the same sound bites they learn off the TV like "Brexit means Brexit", "Let's leave already", "Why don't they get on with it", "We survived the war so we'll survive this", "Leave with no deal" etc....

Would you be aloud to vote in this system?"

I'm University educated so if I pass the IQ/Intelligence test then yes. If not then no obviously

"

I'm University educated so if I pass the IQ/Intelligence test then yes. If not then no obviously "

Unfortunately you fell at the first hurdle.

allowed not aloud.

Was it the University of Life?

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

"

Should we change our electoral system so that ONLY people with University education or those above a certain IQ be allowed to vote? T

"

No.

So long as they eat, sleep and shit, they can come join the plebs and cast their vote like everyone else.

Anything else, and you're on you're on your own.

Glasgow

I wouldn't call US educated. I've come across University educated Americans who didn't know basic stuff. Their education is skewed and often based around nationalistic propaganda. Germany mmmm I'm not sure in 1940's education was something they all had. "

Again, you can have an education but be narrow minded on certain aspects of life and/or lack common sense.

You seem to confuse the two issues....

Ps..its "university educated"...the upper case "U" is only used when referencing the name of the institution

Maybe ban anyone under the age of 30 from voting as they lack any experience of the real world.Also ban graduates as they may have been indoctrinated whilst at uni. A university education does not guarantee knowledge, experience or inteligence.

Bristol East

Me thinks you might be missing the point.

A big factor in Brexit was resentment towards the elite.

You know, those people who think they are better than the rest.

Who make up for in IQ what they lack in common sense.

Yeah, it was a big "fuck you", to those kind folk.

Cos they've fucked over everyone else.

Along you come and say the great unwashed don't deserve a vote.

Not like you posh, educated people.

Probably the most out of touch post I've seen.

"

I'm University educated so if I pass the IQ/Intelligence test then yes. If not then no obviously

Unfortunately you fell at the first hurdle.

allowed not aloud.

Was it the University of Life?"

I'm not pedantic enough to correct someone's spelling mistake, I'm intelligent enough to understand what you meant. Nice try though but you fell remarkably short

I wouldn't call US educated. I've come across University educated Americans who didn't know basic stuff. Their education is skewed and often based around nationalistic propaganda. Germany mmmm I'm not sure in 1940's education was something they all had.

Again, you can have an education but be narrow minded on certain aspects of life and/or lack common sense.

Ps..its "university educated"...the upper case "U" is only used when referencing the name of the institution "

Ok so you seem pedantic mentioning spelling and grammar, this isn't an essay nor a thesis. I'm typing via my phone so auto correct takes over. Also if you're going to correct someone at least make sure you don't make a mistake yourself. I find when someone doesn't have an argument online they go straight to spelling and grammar mistakes.

"Maybe ban anyone under the age of 30 from voting as they lack any experience of the real world.Also ban graduates as they may have been indoctrinated whilst at uni. A university education does not guarantee knowledge, experience or inteligence. "

Where did you get that from?

"Me thinks you might be missing the point.

"

I'm far from posh. I'm from a working class background. You've made an assumption without any facts or evidence. I think that alone explains my point very clearly.

The vote was a massive fuck you to the elite so now we are leaving without a deal which will give the elite in the UK massive powers that they did not have when we were in the EU. Do you not see the irony of your comment?

I think this explains my comments on education very clearly

By *ethnmelvCouple  over a year ago

Chudleigh

Sadly Eton does educate, so using IQ is not the answer

Perhaps emotional intelligence or common sense, or simply saying anyone over the age of 16. If they can get married they should be allowed a vote - no cut off at the other end!

Bristol East

"

I'm far from posh. I'm from a working class background. You've made an assumption without any facts or evidence. I think that alone explains my point very clearly.

The vote was a massive fuck you to the elite so now we are leaving without a deal which will give the elite in the UK massive powers that they did not have when we were in the EU. Do you not see the irony of your comment?

I think this explains my comments on education very clearly"

Viva la revolución

"Sadly Eton does educate, so using IQ is not the answer

Perhaps emotional intelligence or common sense, or simply saying anyone over the age of 16. If they can get married they should be allowed a vote - no cut off at the other end! "

Well IQ isn't a measure of intelligence. It's just a measure of how quickly your brain solves problems. I use IQ for lack of a better word. Perhaps as one person suggested above a series of questions to test various aspects of intelligence.

"

I think this explains my comments on education very clearly

Viva la revolución

"

Again the irony in that comment is amazing and doesn't serve you well.

Revolutions have always happened by the educated masses who see injustices and corruption officials. Nearly EVERY revolution in the world has happened at the hands of the educated. The uneducated just remain in the system.

Chudleigh

Or maybe anyone over the age of 16?

"Or maybe anyone over the age of 16? "

Large numbers of the population are stupid so I don't think that works. Look at the mess we are in.

Chudleigh

Some of the supposedly intelligent ones aren’t so smart either...

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

"Wrong threar but that is the most discusting non democratic idea I have ever heard.Lets go the whole hog and let the monarch be solely in charge and if you disagree with her you get beheaded"

A question for you:

Which would you rather have govern you?

A malevolent democracy.

Or

A benevolent monarchy (or any other sort of dictatorship).

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Wrong threar but that is the most discusting non democratic idea I have ever heard.Lets go the whole hog and let the monarch be solely in charge and if you disagree with her you get beheaded"

As bad an idea as you wanting to spit on remain supporters?

Must be really, really bad then..

By *oi_LucyCouple  over a year ago

Barbados

"Me thinks you might be missing the point.

"

This.

-Matt

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

"

No.

The population has to support the policies of government otherwise they cannot really be applied.

Government must be by consent and not just the consent of a minority.

By definition the majority of the population is of average or below average "intelligence".

The position should not be to exclude these peoe from the political process, but to find a way to explain complex concepts without appealing to hate and envy and anger.

Much harder but far more valid a goal I think.

Glasgow

Ps..its "university educated"...the upper case "U" is only used when referencing the name of the institution

Ok so you seem pedantic mentioning spelling and grammar, this isn't an essay nor a thesis. I'm typing via my phone so auto correct takes over. Also if you're going to correct someone at least make sure you don't make a mistake yourself. I find when someone doesn't have an argument online they go straight to spelling and grammar mistakes. "

My argument was valid...you with your university education failed to understand a simple point.....which I shall repeat again - you do not need to have a university education to be smart/intelligent. All you are good for is the subject matter you studied at university.

Lots of folk are intelligent but lack common sense...that does not make them thick....

ps....have much better things to do than correct your spelling/grammar.

Bristol East

Common sense and IQ are easily conflated.

Ok so you seem pedantic mentioning spelling and grammar, this isn't an essay nor a thesis. I'm typing via my phone so auto correct takes over. Also if you're going to correct someone at least make sure you don't make a mistake yourself. I find when someone doesn't have an argument online they go straight to spelling and grammar mistakes.

My argument was valid...you with your university education failed to understand a simple point.....which I shall repeat again - you do not need to have a university education to be smart/intelligent. All you are good for is the subject matter you studied at university.

Lots of folk are intelligent but lack common sense...that does not make them thick....

ps....have much better things to do than correct your spelling/grammar."

No your point is invalid. I already mentioned University Educated or some sort of intelligence test. Spelling mistakes aren't a indicator of lack of intellegence so your argument is completely invalid. You're building a straw man argument

Chudleigh

"Some of the supposedly intelligent ones aren’t so smart either... "

Bump

Glasgow

ps....have much better things to do than correct your spelling/grammar.

No your point is invalid. I already mentioned University Educated or some sort of intelligence test. Spelling mistakes aren't a indicator of lack of intellegence so your argument is completely invalid. You're building a straw man argument"

Haha...ok...if it helps you sleep at night...

» Add a new message to this topic