FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > My Prediction on Brexit HA?

My Prediction on Brexit HA?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Prediction on Brexit is parliament is going to try stop the UK from leaving the EU and back stab all those who vote yes which in the end the PM wanted in the end i think she did not really wanted to leave HA

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *oodmessMan  over a year ago

yumsville

Think the EU will want us out at this rate.

By *rotic-TouchTV/TS  over a year ago

doncaster

I never wanted to leave but like above poster said the EU will probably kick us out anyway after the debacle our parliament has shown

Proper world wide laughing stock we have become !

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

What's the HA in Brexit HA?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"What's the HA in Brexit HA?

"

The HA is the rest of the world laughing at the UK for being so stupid as to think that they need us more than we need them.

Yoou can just see them lining up to do deals with us after the split NOT!!!

They only outcome is the inevitable second referendum .

We the people will do what parliament can't.

By *vbride1963TV/TS  over a year ago

E.K . Glasgow

I thought it would be HA Brexit ( half arsed )

"They only outcome is the inevitable second referendum .

We the people will do what parliament can't. "

I expect that "we the people" will have learned nothing and will vote again to flush the country down the Brexit toilet.

By *mwirralMan  over a year ago

wirral

"Think the EU will want us out at this rate. "

I dont think they can force us out, we can simply revoke

The HA is the rest of the world laughing at the UK for being so stupid as to think that they need us more than we need them.

Yoou can just see them lining up to do deals with us after the split NOT!!!"

The rest of the world laughed at us after the referendum. What's happening now is the inevitable outcome from the result. Did anyone genuinely expect this to go any other way?

Bristol East

It's how populism works.

Make some outrageous, impossible claims that people think are plausible.

Win the vote.

Discover you cannot deliver what you promised.

Find someone else to blame.

Except in this case, the EU has been shrewd enough not to fall into the trap.

Instead, it has left the UK to stew in a mess entirely of its own making.

May could have reset expectations the moment she took power.

She did not.

In order to appease the majority Leave faction of her own party, and to offset suspicion about her Remain history, she persisted with the myths of the 2016 referendum.

Now she has dug herself - and the country - into the most enormous hole.

She is discovering that pragmatism and populism do not mix.

By *oodmessMan  over a year ago

yumsville

"It's how populism works.

Win the vote.

She did not.

In order to appease the majority Leave faction of her own party, and to offset suspicion about her Remain history, she persisted with the myths of the 2016 referendum.

"

Bit weird that as Thornbury was on the daily politics yesterday ... she was endorsing the single market but wanting to end freedom of movement in line with the Labour manifesto. That was until someone pointed out the single market meant accepting freedom of movement, then questions were redirected.

Labour are opposing 3 years on when even their front bench don't know what's going on.

HA!

Win the vote.

She did not.

Bit weird that as Thornbury was on the daily politics yesterday ... she was endorsing the single market but wanting to end freedom of movement in line with the Labour manifesto. That was until someone pointed out the single market meant accepting freedom of movement, then questions were redirected.

Labour are opposing 3 years on when even their front bench don't know what's going on."

Cherry picking........ Not allowed apparently. I am pretty sure this one was well picked over during the negotiations, you can't have single market benefits without freedom of movement so this one will not get past April 12th Deadline if the EU stick to their red line over it.

Bristol East

Yes, the penny has yet to drop in some quarters - you cannot keep the benefits of EU membership without the obligations that go with them.

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

https://youtu.be/SIgzP4Rj0Ns

Have a nice cup of tea and listen to some acid jazz sounds courtesy or Gong.

"Think the EU will want us out at this rate.

I dont think they can force us out, we can simply revoke "

That was an option that was heavily defeated last night.

I think most MP's are well aware of the public unrest that might come about if they did - Of course I exclude the Libdems and SNP in that statement

The truth is when the UK leave the EU that if the do how many EU works will leave work that UK people do not want to do once we leave the EU is the true meaning to the leaving.

"The truth is when the UK leave the EU that if the do how many EU works will leave work that UK people do not want to do once we leave the EU is the true meaning to the leaving. "
in the end no one believe in what i say as they think i am no good to speak out loll

Just leave and be done with it

I would genuinely love to know what this debacle has cost so far, since the original vote?

"I would genuinely love to know what this debacle has cost so far, since the original vote?"

7 shillings and 6 pence but that's a guesstimate, it could be far higher or lower depending on what multiplier you favour.

"I would genuinely love to know what this debacle has cost so far, since the original vote?"

Goldman Sachs reported yesterday that it’s around £600 million per week since the referendum.

So how many weeks has it been, about three years. So £93.6 billion approx.

By *rotic-TouchTV/TS  over a year ago

doncaster

"I would genuinely love to know what this debacle has cost so far, since the original vote?

Goldman Sachs reported yesterday that it’s around £600 million per week since the referendum.

"

absolutely disgusting ! What a complete waste of tax payers hard earned cash

"I would genuinely love to know what this debacle has cost so far, since the original vote?

"

Bank of England isn’t as optimistic. They’ve estimated £800mil a week.

So £124.8 billion since the ref.

"The truth is when the UK leave the EU that if the do how many EU works will leave work that UK people do not want to do once we leave the EU is the true meaning to the leaving. "

What!

absolutely disgusting ! What a complete waste of tax payers hard earned cash "

This is what people voted for. This is what we have.

"The truth is when the UK leave the EU that if the do how many EU works will leave work that UK people do not want to do once we leave the EU is the true meaning to the leaving.

What! "

It’s perfectly clear. When uk people leave work, they do not want to, and how many do the E.U. works anyway? Huh! Answer that!

Haha

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

"The truth is when the UK leave the EU that if the do how many EU works will leave work that UK people do not want to do once we leave the EU is the true meaning to the leaving.

What! "

I think he means when we leave the EU so will everyone from the EU doing the jobs that we don't want to.

Then we'll find out what leaving really means...

What!

I think he means when we leave the EU so will everyone from the EU doing the jobs that we don't want to.

Then we'll find out what leaving really means..."

Ahh!

West London

"Prediction on Brexit is parliament is going to try stop the UK from leaving the EU and back stab all those who vote yes which in the end the PM wanted in the end i think she did not really wanted to leave HA "

There will be a referendum on May's transition agreement.

They may also mandate a specific Brexit negotiation target to be written in.

The problem is that nobody trusts this government or anyone who replaces her from the Tory's to keep any promises in fact or spirit.

"Prediction on Brexit is parliament is going to try stop the UK from leaving the EU and back stab all those who vote yes which in the end the PM wanted in the end i think she did not really wanted to leave HA

There will be a referendum on May's transition agreement.

They may also mandate a specific Brexit negotiation target to be written in.

The problem is that nobody trusts this government or anyone who replaces her from the Tory's to keep any promises in fact or spirit."

If there’s a referendum on mays transition agreement I don’t think I will bother even voting because you vote for what you believe in and I don’t believe in leaving

It may have been an expensive price to pay, but the silver lining of the whole thing is that everyone, no matter which side of the argument they were on, can now be in any doubt whatsoever that we have a parliament full of self serving, condescending tossers who couldn't give a toss about the people who put them where they are. We're paying these fucktards to sit in parliament with the sole aim of arranging everything to do suit themselves.

Hopefully this whole debacle will see the end of the arrogant two party system, although what's coming in its place will make some of the more smug amongst us puke their collective rings up... All those who found democracy distasteful when it didn't give them what they wanted will deserve everything that they get.

Peace.

West London

"It may have been an expensive price to pay, but the silver lining of the whole thing is that everyone, no matter which side of the argument they were on, can now be in any doubt whatsoever that we have a parliament full of self serving, condescending tossers who couldn't give a toss about the people who put them where they are. We're paying these fucktards to sit in parliament with the sole aim of arranging everything to do suit themselves.

Hopefully this whole debacle will see the end of the arrogant two party system, although what's coming in its place will make some of the more smug amongst us puke their collective rings up... All those who found democracy distasteful when it didn't give them what they wanted will deserve everything that they get.

Peace."

INEFFECTUAL MPs have been condemned for their failure to come up with a Brexit solution in two days by a government that has not done so in three years.

Of the four possible solutions considered by the Commons yesterday one lost by three votes, one by 12 votes and a third by 21 votes, earning MPs mockery for being unable to pass a simple solution even on the second try.

Leader of the House Andrea Leadsom said: “Well, you had your chance. And you fluffed it.

“Hard to believe that between 650 of you, minus the Cabinet who we wouldn’t let vote in case it pushed one of the options over the line, you couldn’t come up with anything. Not so clever now, eh?

“Told you this was hard. Theresa’s worked very hard on her deal which you’ve kept throwing back in her face but give you a go and what do you come up with? Nothing.

“So, since we’ve proved once and for all that no other deal can work, it’s time to swallow your pride and back the only deal that everyone can agree on. Theresa’s deal.”

Julian Cook, member for Hazel Grove, said: “If it can’t be done in two whole days, it can’t be done. Simple as that.”

By *avidnsa69Man  over a year ago

Essex

Win the vote.

She did not.

"

She had two opportunities to reset expectations...when she took office and then when she lost her majority. When the latter happened, her failure to change course and to double down on her red lines doomed this to become an absolute clusterfuck.

By *bernathCouple  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

"Prediction on Brexit is parliament is going to try stop the UK from leaving the EU and back stab all those who vote yes which in the end the PM wanted in the end i think she did not really wanted to leave HA "

Nah, I think brexit will go ahead, but it will not be an uncompromising one that a small minority of leavers want.

It will be a brexit which suits the majority, both leave and remain. A brexit which is based on consensus.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"I never wanted to leave but like above poster said the EU will probably kick us out anyway after the debacle our parliament has shown

Proper world wide laughing stock we have become ! "

so sad but true

upton wirral

"https://youtu.be/SIgzP4Rj0Ns

Have a nice cup of tea and listen to some acid jazz sounds courtesy or Gong."

Not onto your taste in music but yes some nice sounds and a cup of tea very wise

upton wirral

So £124.8 billion since the ref."

The bank of England is proving totally wrong in all its predictions,I would not trust them one bit

upton wirral

"

Brexit will keep the comics in good material for years,a great benefit whatever happens

So £124.8 billion since the ref.The bank of England is proving totally wrong in all its predictions,I would not trust them one bit"

Bank of England- not to be trusted

Random internet person who likes to spit on people - trustworthy.

By *ethnmelvCouple  over a year ago

Chudleigh

Maybe we could leave, but sack the House of Commons and outsource to the European Parliament - they seem much smarter and better aligned to our interests!

» Add a new message to this topic