FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Chris Patten

Chris Patten

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Did anybody hear Chris Pattens voice of reason speech yesterday on the radio? I know he prefers his place in the Lords but honestly, the Tories could do with a few more pragmatists like him guiding their party! Is there anyone in the Tory party who should be leading them instead of the turds who have floated to the top in this cabinet?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *uffintwoCouple  over a year ago

Gerrards Cross

I did, totally agree. There is also John Major, Hesletine and even Burkoe is doing a great job supporting the independence of parliament. Trouble is they are all the 'old guard' can't think of many in younger generation.

By *bandjam91Couple  over a year ago

London

"I did, totally agree. There is also John Major, Hesletine and even Burkoe is doing a great job supporting the independence of parliament. Trouble is they are all the 'old guard' can't think of many in younger generation. "

This is exactly why the Tories will die soon enough

By *nleashedCrakenMan  over a year ago

Widnes

"I did, totally agree. There is also John Major, Hesletine and even Burkoe is doing a great job supporting the independence of parliament. Trouble is they are all the 'old guard' can't think of many in younger generation.

This is exactly why the Tories will die soon enough"

Ok but who's going to take the centre right position when they've gone?

Interesting times ahead.

By *andS66Couple  over a year ago

Derby

"Did anybody hear Chris Pattens voice of reason speech yesterday on the radio? I know he prefers his place in the Lords but honestly, the Tories could do with a few more pragmatists like him guiding their party! Is there anyone in the Tory party who should be leading them instead of the turds who have floated to the top in this cabinet? "

And worked in the EU.....and also, when he was in government, one of the most hated members of Thatcher's cabinet.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Didn’t they send him to Hong Kong? Too liberal for my liking.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"Didn’t they send him to Hong Kong? Too liberal for my liking."

Yes, he was there until the handing over to china. He's somewhat moderate but is a statesperson, with talent to lead, negotiate and many other qualities that the right leaning parties need but have a deficit of.

Rabble rousers ooze from the sewers, filling these right wing parties now

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Liberal or pragmatic? He went to Hong Kong after being sidelined but unlike our present government he did the job well and came home with honour having concluded a fair and safe handover to the Chinese government. I doubt JRM, Bojo or Farage have the talent to achieve anything similar with the EU!

» Add a new message to this topic