FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Julian Assange

Julian Assange

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oghunter33 OP   Woman  over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

Assange got arrested by the British police this morning after the Ecuadorian government withdrew its asylum.

Should he be extradited to the US he will most likely disappear in prison for the rest of his life.

Dark day for press freedom or justice finally taking its course?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iceguy_ls29Man  over a year ago

ilkley

I don’t know quite those equodorians did to the poor fellow , but he looks like Uncle Albert !

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I don’t know quite those equodorians did to the poor fellow , but he looks like Uncle Albert !

."

pmsl...or perhaps he's a santa that overstayed his welcome after xmas.

[Removed by poster at 11/04/19 15:49:54]

It is a sad day for democracy, he was there for 8 years, this shouldnt have happened, they shoulndt be allowed to enter the embassy.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"It is a sad day for democracy, he was there for 8 years, this shouldnt have happened, they shoulndt be allowed to enter the embassy. "

Actually I am going to disagree with you....

Should he be extradited to the USA... no!

Should he be extradited to Sweden... absolutely!

He may be a hero to some... but the whole reason this sorry episode started was that he skipped bail when he was going to be turned over to the swedes for sexually assaulting 2 different women!

Send him to jail for skipping bail! And then the swedes should get the next shot at him

By *ab_SparklesWoman  over a year ago

sparkle Surprised

Hasn't he been charged with summit went straight to court.

I heard that they did not take into account he hadn't seen daylight and struggled to see. From a clip online.

I'm not really sure what or who he is only that he's been in the news more recently.

The Sweden barge was dropped and probably just a way of getting him to Sweden so they could then send him to the USA

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"It is a sad day for democracy, he was there for 8 years, this shouldnt have happened, they shoulndt be allowed to enter the embassy.

He may be a hero to some... but the whole reason this sorry episode started was that he skipped bail when he was going to be turned over to the swedes for sexually assaulting 2 different women!

Send him to jail for skipping bail! And then the swedes should get the next shot at him "

We are 100% in agreement,I think he is a very nasty excuse for a human

"It is a sad day for democracy, he was there for 8 years, this shouldnt have happened, they shoulndt be allowed to enter the embassy.

Send him to jail for skipping bail! And then the swedes should get the next shot at him We are 100% in agreement,I think he is a very nasty excuse for a human"

But now there is no case to answer in Sweden!

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

all the swede charges against him were dropped ages ago.was just a scam to get him to sweden so they could turn him over to the yanks as at the time we wouldnt.but that has changed now.should he be handed over definatley not.there just pissed because he showed the u.s goverment breaking the geneva convention.its not like wikileaks published lies they just published wat the yanks wanted keeping quiet.ffs i though chelsea manning had done her time but no shes back behind bars aswell. land of the free my arse

Newcastle and Gateshead

"The Sweden barge was dropped and probably just a way of getting him to Sweden so they could then send him to the USA

"

The Swedish charges were only dropped because they didn’t think assange would come out before their statutes of limitations were, which was June 2020.. they always said if he did come out they would slap back on the charges

Am I the only one who thinks that this is very convenient timing for a government in disarray to look as if they are in control? I do agree that he should step up to the charges against him in Sweden but if we ship him off to the states to take the blame for Trumps presidency (he is supposed to have collaborated with the russian GRU secret service to leak thousands of Democrat party emails) then one wonders who will be the next scapegoat? I don’t particularly like him but I dont trust the reasons given for extracting him from the Ecuadorian embassy.

Can some of you not read?. There are no charges in Sweden. He should be extradited . No one is above the law. He has hidden from the truth for years. He has compromised hundreds of thousands of secret/top secret documents and he should be locked away with no key

The truth gets you locked up .Im no fan of him though.

By *bi_AstrayTV/TS  over a year ago

Plymouth

"Can some of you not read?. There are no charges in Sweden. He should be extradited . No one is above the law. He has hidden from the truth for years. He has compromised hundreds of thousands of secret/top secret documents and he should be locked away with no key "
Documents that proved the USA were breaking international laws? He didn't steal them, as far as I'm aware he wasn't in the US when they were published, so broke no laws in the USA... How can the USA extend it's national laws over the globe? What obligation has a foreign national got to protect the USAs secrets of wrong doing? Are we as a country not complicate in their breaking international laws if we allow him to be extradited to the USA?

Extradite him to Sweden, if he has broken laws whilst there and they want him by all means...

If he was in the UK when he published the USA secrets, then he should be charged here if he has broken any British laws in publishing those secrets...

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

Dunno about the rights or wrongs of this, but there's definitely something a bit creepy about the geezer. Just sayin'

Surely if he goes to the US he'll be fine. Trump loves wikkileaks. Mentioning as much during the 2016 election campaign. 33k emails exposing hitlery killton etc...

"Surely if he goes to the US he'll be fine. Trump loves wikkileaks. Mentioning as much during the 2016 election campaign. 33k emails exposing hitlery killton etc..."

Are you suggesting that Trump will remain consistent in his opinions?

I dunno WHAT that man is capable of.... but i do remember in 2016 that he screamed at one of his rallies 'I LOVE WIKKILEAKS'...

"I dunno WHAT that man is capable of.... but i do remember in 2016 that he screamed at one of his rallies 'I LOVE WIKKILEAKS'..."

He is very random

Anyway. Assange....

By *oghunter33 OP   Woman  over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

"Can some of you not read?. There are no charges in Sweden. He should be extradited . No one is above the law. He has hidden from the truth for years. He has compromised hundreds of thousands of secret/top secret documents and he should be locked away with no key "

Swedish preliminary investigation can be resumed as long as the suspected crime is not subject to statute of limitation, which is Mid August 2020.

Should he be extradited to the US? No, he shouldn't be extradited imo over his role in leaking thousands of classified documents. The documents exposed US military wrongdoing in the Iraq war and not even the US should get away with such offences.

"I dunno WHAT that man is capable of.... but i do remember in 2016 that he screamed at one of his rallies 'I LOVE WIKKILEAKS'...

He is very random

Anyway. Assange...."

i thought that the first allegations of sexual assault were not about sexual assault at all....more to do with giving 2 women std's. But somehow ended up being about sexual assault. My memories of 2011/12 are a bit hazey tbh....as i'm sure his are...errrm your honour

"I dunno WHAT that man is capable of.... but i do remember in 2016 that he screamed at one of his rallies 'I LOVE WIKKILEAKS'...

He is very random

Anyway. Assange....

i thought that the first allegations of sexual assault were not about sexual assault at all....more to do with giving 2 women std's. But somehow ended up being about sexual assault. My memories of 2011/12 are a bit hazey tbh....as i'm sure his are...errrm your honour "

Assange or trump?

Or did Trump give Assange one?!?!

Newcastle and Gateshead

He is very random

Anyway. Assange....

i thought that the first allegations of sexual assault were not about sexual assault at all....more to do with giving 2 women std's. But somehow ended up being about sexual assault. My memories of 2011/12 are a bit hazey tbh....as i'm sure his are...errrm your honour "

it was to do with the fact that he has sex with the women without a condom, when they expressly told him they would consent to only have sex with him with one on i think

so because he pull the cheap trick they were saying he did not have consent....

anyway the man is an idiot!

Bristol East

Trump 2016:

"Wikileaks! I love Wikileaks."

Trump 2019:

"I know nothing about Wikileaks."

"Trump 2016:

"Wikileaks! I love Wikileaks."

Trump 2019:

"I know nothing about Wikileaks."

"

2020....my bladder leaks!!

By *agermeisterMan  over a year ago

Leeds

Send him to jail for skipping bail! And then the swedes should get the next shot at him "

It was a bullshit charge to begin with. He was being railroaded. The 'victims' have since said they won't testify.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Can some of you not read?. There are no charges in Sweden. He should be extradited . No one is above the law. He has hidden from the truth for years. He has compromised hundreds of thousands of secret/top secret documents and he should be locked away with no key

Swedish preliminary investigation can be resumed as long as the suspected crime is not subject to statute of limitation, which is Mid August 2020.

Should he be extradited to the US? No, he shouldn't be extradited imo over his role in leaking thousands of classified documents. The documents exposed US military wrongdoing in the Iraq war and not even the US should get away with such offences. "

this..

locking him up for a long time is the USA's way of keeping such illegal acts kept out of the public eye..

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

He was purportedly seeking embassy refuge because he viewed the Swedish moves as a plot to send him to America. Ecuador is now more in need of American support, hence dropping him.

I've mixed views on him but Trump isn't a safe host

By *uxinteriorMan  over a year ago

south west , continental

So he's arrested for publishing what governments and shady officials don't want the peasants to know about. So every other news outlet can publish stories from 'sources' but if your wikileaks you can't.

I bet the room he was in was starting to really smell and he probably smelt too. He probably is not very well either and needs medical treatment and if nothing else a bit of sunlight. For pure humanitarian reasons he needs to be out of there.

By *U1966Man  over a year ago

Devon

Deport on next available flight to the U.S. could pay this country back for the cost of his stunt

Bristol East

"So he's arrested for publishing what governments and shady officials don't want the peasants to know about. So every other news outlet can publish stories from 'sources' but if your wikileaks you can't. "

From memory, what he and Chelsea Manning did was on an industrial scale.

If Chelsea Manning had simply exposed the atrocities committed by US forces that had been kept hidden from the public, her reputation would be a lot more credible.

She didn't. She went a lot, lot further and took a JCB into the files to extract anything and everything she could lay her hands on.

That is where she, and Assange, crossed a line.

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

I have no sympathy for Assange. At one time I thought he and wikkileaks were a shining light of truth and light in a sea of corruption and lies. But when I saw the help they gave Trump and the Russians to corrupt the US elections (more than US corporate money has already corrupted them) I realised he was nothing more than an anarchist looking to destroy or damage anything he could.

This view has been further entrenched by his conduct over the past few years and the way he had to be carried from the Ecuadorian embassy yesterday. If he were the man he claims to be he would have walked out with his head high secure in the knowledge that he has been defending our rights to know what is being done in our name, and he would face the coming storm the way journalists across the world and time have faced similar and worse situations.

What I found most amusing is how quickly Trump disavowed him and wikkileaks. LoL

By *ethnmelvCouple  over a year ago

Chudleigh

Send him to jail for skipping bail! And then the swedes should get the next shot at him

It was a bullshit charge to begin with. He was being railroaded. The 'victims' have since said they won't testify. "

Except one of them wants the case re-opened in Sweden. He is pre #MeToo, but he needs to go to Sweden and face his accusers.

By *nglishdoodMan  over a year ago

Morristown

"Surely if he goes to the US he'll be fine. Trump loves wikkileaks. Mentioning as much during the 2016 election campaign. 33k emails exposing hitlery killton etc..."

Trump mentioned Wikileaks hundreds of times during his campaign, and directed Roger Stone to liase with them over the release of dirt on Hilliary. Yesterday though his comment was "I don't know anything about Wikileaks"

The orange wanker couldn't lie straight in bed. God alone knows what his supporters see in him. They must feel a kindred spirit in the man with the golden toilet.

Chelsea Manning blew the whistle on atrocities committed by US pilots deliberately machine gunning innocent people to julian Assange.

Did those pilots stand trial for it?

"Surely if he goes to the US he'll be fine. Trump loves wikkileaks. Mentioning as much during the 2016 election campaign. 33k emails exposing hitlery killton etc...

Trump mentioned Wikileaks hundreds of times during his campaign, and directed Roger Stone to liase with them over the release of dirt on Hilliary. Yesterday though his comment was "I don't know anything about Wikileaks"

The orange wanker couldn't lie straight in bed. God alone knows what his supporters see in him. They must feel a kindred spirit in the man with the golden toilet. "

It's the age we live in ..Trump can tell a bare faced lie to the nation on camera and the trumpanzees who support him look the other way.

Cunt doesn't even cover the level of fucktardery this president has owned.

Chudleigh

It was a bullshit charge to begin with. He was being railroaded. The 'victims' have since said they won't testify.

Except one of them wants the case re-opened in Sweden. He is pre #MeToo, but he needs to go to Sweden and face his accusers."

Bump

Except one of them wants the case re-opened in Sweden. He is pre #MeToo, but he needs to go to Sweden and face his accusers.

Bump "

Should he be extradited to the USA? : No

Face Swedish charges? : Yes

By *stellaWoman  over a year ago

London

Something that riles me about all of this is the disproportionate media frenzy over Assange and potential extradition and flouting of human rights and hullabaloo considering the numbers of people of colour removed by the Home Office frequently back to places their lives will be in danger and the lack of attention this garners in comparison.

I wonder why he got arrested now and not before during all those years, what have changed?

"I wonder why he got arrested now and not before during all those years, what have changed?"

He was kicked out of his embassy residence which allowed the police to take him.

"He may be a hero to some"
Yes he is

"I wonder why he got arrested now and not before during all those years, what have changed?

He was kicked out of his embassy residence which allowed the police to take him. "

That is right, did they say for what reason?

upton wirral

"The Sweden barge was dropped and probably just a way of getting him to Sweden so they could then send him to the USA

The Swedish charges were only dropped because they didn’t think assange would come out before their statutes of limitations were, which was June 2020.. they always said if he did come out they would slap back on the charges "

Thankyou Fabio for saying what I was going to say,saves me doing it.If he had nothing to hide he would not have done what he did.

upton wirral

"I wonder why he got arrested now and not before during all those years, what have changed?

He was kicked out of his embassy residence which allowed the police to take him. That is right, did they say for what reason?"

He used to defficate and smear it on the walls if they did not please him and was very dirty in his habits etc

By *irkydirkyMan  over a year ago

crewe

"I wonder why he got arrested now and not before during all those years, what have changed?"

Well in completely unrelated news, the IMF bailed out Ecuador to the guts of 4bn about a month ago..

He was kicked out of his embassy residence which allowed the police to take him. That is right, did they say for what reason?He used to defficate and smear it on the walls if they did not please him and was very dirty in his habits etc"

and we know this for sure? If it was on the news then.....bound to be true. Or could it be another little thing dropped in there to bolster the position of the Equadorians for getting him out.

He was kicked out of his embassy residence which allowed the police to take him. That is right, did they say for what reason?He used to defficate and smear it on the walls if they did not please him and was very dirty in his habits etc

and we know this for sure? If it was on the news then.....bound to be true. Or could it be another little thing dropped in there to bolster the position of the Equadorians for getting him out. "

I agree, i take any isolated news item like this lightly, possibly a face saving excuse for what Ecuador has done.

Pence visited Ecuador a few days before the met was allowed to arrest him, so possibly, a deal has been done.

new Ecuadorian president

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

"I wonder why he got arrested now and not before during all those years, what have changed? new Ecuadorian president "

Plus there's rumours that he was spying on the embassy staff and posted an unflattering picture of the president on the internet.

Also it seems they just got fed up with him and the deteriation of his hygiene.

Chudleigh

Bump "

Bump - can we try to remember that he is accused of sexual assault and needs to face his accusers. Sweden is a fair country, it is time he was fair to his accusers

» Add a new message to this topic