FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Brexit Help Needed...

Brexit Help Needed...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ooligan OP   Man  over a year ago

Preston

I’m trying to compile a list of reasons why people chose to vote Leave. I’ve asked lots and lots of Brexiters but none seem to be able to give me an answer - they tend to get frustrated and avoid the question.

There seem to be quite a few Brexiters on here, so can any give me any for my list?

Many thanks in advance.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

because it wound up ppl who wanted to remain is my guess honestley i couldnt tell u as i neither a remainer or leaver

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I’m trying to compile a list of reasons why people chose to vote Leave. I’ve asked lots and lots of Brexiters but none seem to be able to give me an answer - they tend to get frustrated and avoid the question.

There seem to be quite a few Brexiters on here, so can any give me any for my list?

Many thanks in advance."

Very patronising and rude.

By *ooligan OP   Man  over a year ago

Preston

"

Very patronising and rude. "

See what I mean?

By *lik and PaulCouple  over a year ago

Flagrante

Quite a long and detailed economic argument made by Waves and Mountains in this thread...https://m.fabswingers.com/forum/politics/869921 which no one seemed to challenge.

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

Some of us have been asking this question for years now, we have requested the leavers to explain the benefits many times. I personally am very open minded and willing to be convinced. Unfortunately i have yet to hear one single concrete benefit that can possibly justify the economic losses and social disturbances incurred even so far, never mind the further consequences when we actually leave.

All the reasons i have heard have been thoroughly debunked. Economic - even the most optimistic forecasters say it will take at least 50 years before we recover from this. Sovereignty and taking back control - we used to have a say, and a veto on important issues, in the running of one of the largest socio-economic blocs on the planet. Now we are begging the EU to let us week by week stay in, it will be them that tell us if we can go or not. After we are gone we will be beholden to all manner of regulations from the EU and other trading blocs, with no say whatsoever in the content of those regulations. Immigration - we always had control over this, our governments just chose not to use that control. Now wait until we have to throw open the doors to India, Asia, South Africa as part of begging for trade opportunities.

Blue passports - don't make me laugh!

As i say though, I'm willing to be convinced. Brexiters, please convince me

By *anejohnkent6263Couple  over a year ago

canterbury

ok convince me why we should stay in the eu dictatorship ...must be cause its doing so great aye...ps one look at the little rat face from france makes me want to leave...he cant even sort his own problems but tells the world how to solve theres...twat head

"ok convince me why we should stay in the eu dictatorship ...must be cause its doing so great aye...ps one look at the little rat face from france makes me want to leave...he cant even sort his own problems but tells the world how to solve theres...twat head"

I doubt anyone who sees the EU as a dictatorship and the key players as rat faced twat heads will have the capacity to alter their world view.

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

Nationalism isn't a tangible thing that can be measured in £sd. It's a feeling, an emotion.

Don't get into an argument with a nationalist about costs because its pointless - they see restoration of their country's status as priceless.

Remain fought the referendum on economics and lost. Leave fought the referendum on emotion and won.

For your information, please:

1. See the arguments offered by the leave campaign.

2. See the comments made by UKIP, Nigel Farage and Gérard Batten in the topic.

3. Listen to the callers in LBC radio.

4. Listen to Jacob Rees Mog.

5. Stop asking us to constantly explain our positions again and again. This has been covered to death for the past three years all over these forums, on TV, radio and online. We are sick of hearing about it.

6. I don't particularly care about your reasons to remain. You lost. Deal with it and honour a democratic vote which had the biggest mandate in the UKs history.

In 2005 Labour ran the government and the country with 35.2% of the vote and 61.3% turnout, meaning only 22% of the electorate or 9.5 million people decided the direction of the country. Nobody challenged it. There weren't massive marches in the streets demanding a second vote despite Blair's unpopularity, and the result was respected and implemented immediately as we supposedly live in a Democracy.

In 2016, 51.9% or 17.4 million people of 72.2% of the electorate voted to leave the EU. The remain campaign made it very clear during what we now call Project Fear that this was going to be a no deal brexit, with all the consequences that meant, yet people still voted for it. This is almost double the number who voted for Labour in 2005. Yet here we are, in 2019, almost three years later and the results of the vote have not been implemented. This really highlights the hypocrisy of the establishment and the fact that actually, we don't live in a democracy.

You want a third referendum? Fine. I'm all for it. But implement the results of the first referendum first, then 40 years later, which is the time between the referendum to join the Common Market and the referendum to leave the European Union, then you can have a fourth referendum to see if we want to rejoin.

Fair is fair. Honor Democracy and your fellow citizens and stop being a sore loser. Whatever happened to the British concept of fair play and losing gracefully?

By *aughtynigel02121980Man  over a year ago

Brandon

"For your information, please:

5. Stop asking us to constantly explain our positions again and again. This has been covered to death for the past three years all over these forums, on TV, radio and online. We are sick of hearing about it.

6. I don't particularly care about your reasons to remain. You lost. Deal with it and honour a democratic vote which had the biggest mandate in the UKs history.

In 2005 Labour ran the government and the country with 35.2% of the vote and 61.3% turnout, meaning only 22% of the electorate or 9.5 million people decided the direction of the country. Nobody challenged it. There weren't massive marches in the streets demanding a second vote despite Blair's unpopularity, and the result was respected and implemented immediately as we supposedly live in a Democracy.

In 2016, 51.9% or 17.4 million people of 72.2% of the electorate voted to leave the EU. The remain campaign made it very clear during what we now call Project Fear that this was going to be a no deal brexit, with all the consequences that meant, yet people still voted for it. This is almost double the number who voted for Labour in 2005. Yet here we are, in 2019, almost three years later and the results of the vote have not been implemented. This really highlights the hypocrisy of the establishment and the fact that actually, we don't live in a democracy.

You want a third referendum? Fine. I'm all for it. But implement the results of the first referendum first, then 40 years later, which is the time between the referendum to join the Common Market and the referendum to leave the European Union, then you can have a fourth referendum to see if we want to rejoin.

Fair is fair. Honor Democracy and your fellow citizens and stop being a sore loser. Whatever happened to the British concept of fair play and losing gracefully?

"

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

Still waiting for any single reason that has not been thoroughly debunked.

As for fair play, it has been proved that the leave campaign was tainted by dishonesty. Just hours after the referendum result was announced, Farage was joking about the big red bus being a lie! And so-called project fear? Every word has been proved to be real.

The true reason why all the brexiteers are so dead set against another referendum is that they know there is absolutely no way that they could win under a fair campaign.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

1 To make our own laws and for the decisions of our courts to be final.This will save the tax payer a lot of money,not good for the legal profession lol.

2 No pressure to ever join the Euro or become part of a eurostate.

3.I do believe the EU is failing as there is so much beaurocracy that will paralyse its workings.

4 I am fully in favour of a free trade area and laws holding that together ie EFTA but nothing more,no European state,we are Britain.

For me Norway 0.2 is ok but if the worst comes to the worsed would take no deal as we must get out dispite any short term cost,in five years we will unite knowing it to have been the right decision,this I do believe.

Bristol East

Taking back control does not stop at Westminster.

Those same arguments about laws and policy being made in a faraway place by people you did not vote for are repeated constantly in Scotland.

Impose Direct Rule in Ulster and you will hear exactly the same there.

The British nationalists are showing the way for the Scottish and Irish nationalists.

The sentiment is exactly the same, just the context is different.

And just as with the Europhobes, arguments about economics just pass them by.

By *otlovefun42Couple  over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

"

I think that deserves afew more thumbs that just two.

Costa Blanca Spain...

"Still waiting for any single reason that has not been thoroughly debunked.

As for fair play, it has been proved that the leave campaign was tainted by dishonesty. Just hours after the referendum result was announced, Farage was joking about the big red bus being a lie! And so-called project fear? Every word has been proved to be real.

The true reason why all the brexiteers are so dead set against another referendum is that they know there is absolutely no way that they could win under a fair campaign."

And you think the remain campaign was fair?

Eight (or was it nine?) million quid of government money (not declared as election expenses BTW.) spent on a pro remain flyer through every letter box in the country. Any candidate in a local or general election trying that stunt would have had his collar felt within days.

The threat of an emergency budget immediately after a leave vote, which didn't happen.

Cameron's threat of WW3.

Add to that the whole of the project fear exercise which became more and more hysterical by the day.

After all of that shit from the remain campaign and all they can bang on about is one fucking slogan on a bus.

FFS. Grow up.

By *andS66Couple  over a year ago

Derby

"I’m trying to compile a list of reasons why people chose to vote Leave. I’ve asked lots and lots of Brexiters but none seem to be able to give me an answer - they tend to get frustrated and avoid the question.

Many thanks in advance."

There's a good paper by the Centre for Social Investigation; "Reasons for voting leave or remain".

That might be a good starting point for you.

By *losguygl3Man  over a year ago

Gloucester

"1 To make our own laws and for the decisions of our courts to be final.This will save the tax payer a lot of money,not good for the legal profession lol.

3.I do believe the EU is failing as there is so much beaurocracy that will paralyse its workings.

4 I am fully in favour of a free trade area and laws holding that together ie EFTA but nothing more,no European state,we are Britain.

For me Norway 0.2 is ok but if the worst comes to the worsed would take no deal as we must get out dispite any short term cost,in five years we will unite knowing it to have been the right decision,this I do believe.

"

1 We already do and the EU can't force us to pass into law anything we don't want to.

2. We aren't

3. Not sure how you have come to that belief as there is no evidence for it. But that's up to you.

4. Yes we are Britain but not the Britain with the combative inferiority complex you view us as.

By *losguygl3Man  over a year ago

Gloucester

"

1. All the points raised by both leave campaigns have been disproven.

2. Not the best choice of examples as they have lost every open debate on the subject.

3. I do. The leavers spout Empassioned Belief. The remainers provide studies, knowledge and facts.

4. Again, not really the best champion of your cause due to his personal circumstances and beliefs.

5. Not until you come up with one actual reason that will improve our great country.

6. No. Never. We will never just sit back and except the brexiteer traitors to our country voluntarily and wilfully making it worse off.

7. Stuff having another referendum. Just cancel Brexit as it is costing us a fortune and is making us economically, socially and morally worse off.

By *ab_SparklesWoman  over a year ago

sparkle Surprised

What is the point of staying in if the deal in part's means that the eu rule the uk, and Ireland given what i seen on the interview with Adam boulton.

Pointing out that the uk and Ireland are at a domestic issue with each other and not another county. So the eu using the backstop for calatrol is what one said.

We might as well start attaching string to the local mps for the eu to pull around.

Treasa may will do anything to be part of the eu club and that includes selling the uk down the river teams and beyond..

If we leave far more money in time will be reguided back into our own economy and cut the redicluse amount of aid, for all the floods in other things I've never heard another country actually say that they are sending aid to the uk or any red cross from the uk helping as they do aboard un workers.

By *avagliamMan  over a year ago

London

"

Very patronising and rude.

See what I mean?"

The true reason why all the brexiteers are so dead set against another referendum is that they know there is absolutely no way that they could win under a fair campaign.

Eight (or was it nine?) million quid of government money (not declared as election expenses BTW.) spent on a pro remain flyer through every letter box in the country. Any candidate in a local or general election trying that stunt would have had his collar felt within days.

The threat of an emergency budget immediately after a leave vote, which didn't happen.

Cameron's threat of WW3.

Add to that the whole of the project fear exercise which became more and more hysterical by the day.

After all of that shit from the remain campaign and all they can bang on about is one fucking slogan on a bus.

FFS. Grow up."

Yes the pamphlet distributed by the government was before Purdah, and therefore legal. The government, also has a duty to put its case to the nation, and it just happened to be remain!

The point is, the pamphlet was legal, both leave campaigns, broke the law! Leave could have produced a pamphlet and distributed it too, they chose not to do so!

Yeah! And leave won! Go figure....

"What is the point of staying in if the deal in part's means that the eu rule the uk, and Ireland given what i seen on the interview with Adam boulton.

Pointing out that the uk and Ireland are at a domestic issue with each other and not another county. So the eu using the backstop for calatrol is what one said.

We might as well start attaching string to the local mps for the eu to pull around.

Treasa may will do anything to be part of the eu club and that includes selling the uk down the river teams and beyond..

If we leave far more money in time will be reguided back into our own economy and cut the redicluse amount of aid, for all the floods in other things I've never heard another country actually say that they are sending aid to the uk or any red cross from the uk helping as they do aboard un workers.

"

I have to say. This person is the stereotype when people In Ireland think leave voters are like.

By *oodmessMan  over a year ago

yumsville

They believed Dyson and that Wetherspoons guy. Hip-hip

"Yeah! And leave won! Go figure...."

Yes they did, and others, who have won under dubious circumstances eg athletes, have had their victories stripped! Hey, if you have to cheat to win, then so be it, that's probably why, they're scared of a second referendum?

By *uck-RogersMan  over a year ago

Portland

"

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"1 To make our own laws and for the decisions of our courts to be final.This will save the tax payer a lot of money,not good for the legal profession lol.

1 We already do and the EU can't force us to pass into law anything we don't want to.

2. We aren't

3. Not sure how you have come to that belief as there is no evidence for it. But that's up to you.

4. Yes we are Britain but not the Britain with the combative inferiority complex you view us as."

We disagree but that's ok

Cameron's threat of WW3.

FFS. Grow up."

There's far far more than just one fucking slogan on a bus and you well know it

Bristol East

"What is the point of staying in if the deal in part's means that the eu rule the uk, and Ireland given what i seen on the interview with Adam boulton.

"

The strings that tie Northern Ireland with the Republic were woven very carefully. Unpick them at your peril.

Derby

"

There was NEVER a referendum to join the common market.

Joining the common market was decided by a few hundred MPs....if just 57 of them had voted against joining, we would not have.

"Yeah! And leave won! Go figure....

Yes they did, and others, who have won under dubious circumstances eg athletes, have had their victories stripped! Hey, if you have to cheat to win, then so be it, that's probably why, they're scared of a second referendum?"

pmsl...the thought of Bo Jo and J R Mogg on steroids is funny.

And are you calling the integrity of the British democratic voting system into question? Tut tut.... it's all above board and beyond question. Wheather it's X factor or Blue Peter

Derby

2. We aren't

4. Yes we are Britain but not the Britain with the combative inferiority complex you view us as."

On your point 1..w

We do not have a veto over all laws. Research it, look it up, and learn where we do and do not have a veto, and which areas of EU legislation is subject to QMV.

There is also a difference between EU directives and regulations....look up the difference and learn something.

"Yeah! And leave won! Go figure....

Yes they did, and others, who have won under dubious circumstances eg athletes, have had their victories stripped! Hey, if you have to cheat to win, then so be it, that's probably why, they're scared of a second referendum?

pmsl...the thought of Bo Jo and J R Mogg on steroids is funny.

And are you calling the integrity of the British democratic voting system into question? Tut tut.... it's all above board and beyond question. Wheather it's X factor or Blue Peter "

Well if you haven't worked it out, then yes!

The system only has integrity if the rules are adhered to, therefore, as both leave campaigns broke electoral law, then the integrity was lost! The fact that the referendum was advisory and not mandatory, and that the misdemeanor was discovered too late (times out) is the reason it hasn't been annulled!

[Removed by poster at 14/04/19 20:26:08]

2. We aren't

4. Yes we are Britain but not the Britain with the combative inferiority complex you view us as.

On your point 1..w

We do not have a veto over all laws. Research it, look it up, and learn where we do and do not have a veto, and which areas of EU legislation is subject to QMV.

There is also a difference between EU directives and regulations....look up the difference and learn something."

Quite right, however, if 3 other countries join our veto then its blocked!

We have vetoes in important issues foreign policy, taxation etc so we can flex our muscles!

Bristol East

"

There was NEVER a referendum to join the common market.

Joining the common market was decided by a few hundred MPs....if just 57 of them had voted against joining, we would not have.

"

The French kept Britain out for a decade, vetoing membership. They were concerned the British would wreck things. Reading some of the views in here, they were right.

Derby

2. We aren't

On your point 1..w

There is also a difference between EU directives and regulations....look up the difference and learn something.

We have vetoes in important issues foreign policy, taxation etc so we can flex our muscles!"

And 38% of the EU population to block in addition to 4 countries.

And in January this year the EU announced an 'ongoing debate on QMV for taxation'.

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

"Quite a long and detailed economic argument made by Waves and Mountains in this thread...https://m.fabswingers.com/forum/politics/869921 which no one seemed to challenge."

I fixed that for you

West London

Many thanks in advance.

There's a good paper by the Centre for Social Investigation; "Reasons for voting leave or remain".

That might be a good starting point for you."

It is interesting but bear this in mind: "An important methodological caveat is that the data presented here concern people’s stated reasons for

voting Leave or Remain, assessed more than 18 months after the referendum took place. It is therefore possible

that they do not reflect the true reasons people voted the way they did. For example, they could be biased by the

tendency for people to justify their decisions with post-hoc rationalisations. On the other hand, Figures 1 and 3

accord rather closely with the findings of previous surveys and opinion polls."

Derby

Many thanks in advance.

It is interesting but bear this in mind: "An important methodological caveat is that the data presented here concern people’s stated reasons for

voting Leave or Remain, assessed more than 18 months after the referendum took place. It is therefore possible

that they do not reflect the true reasons people voted the way they did. For example, they could be biased by the

tendency for people to justify their decisions with post-hoc rationalisations. On the other hand, Figures 1 and 3

accord rather closely with the findings of previous surveys and opinion polls.""

You mean..

figure 1 - "reasons why leave voters voted leave", and

Figure 2 -"reasons why remain voters voted remain"

Are close to the findings of previous surveys and polls?

2. We aren't

On your point 1..w

We have vetoes in important issues foreign policy, taxation etc so we can flex our muscles!

And 38% of the EU population to block in addition to 4 countries.

And in January this year the EU announced an 'ongoing debate on QMV for taxation'."

But it doesn't mean it's going to pass into legislation!

West London

Many thanks in advance.

You mean..

Are close to the findings of previous surveys and polls?"

The polling did not ask:

"Did you vote to stop Muslim immigrants from Syria and Turkey?"

The survey did not ask:

"Did you vote for Brexit means Brexit?"

The survey did not ask:

"Did you vote for more 'sovreignty'?"

It certainly didn't define which laws they objected to. ECJ OR ECHR?

Why don't you pick five that you object to...

Derby

Many thanks in advance.

You mean..

The polling did not ask:

The survey did not ask:

The survey did not ask:

Why don't you pick five that you object to..."

Neither did the polling ask "what do you think is meant by 'remain and reform'?"

What do YOU think is meant by remain and reform?

Don't you do know the ECHR has nothing to do with the EU?

https://www.facebook.com/PeoplesVoteUK/videos/412411685982265/

By *ethnmelvCouple  over a year ago

Chudleigh

Many thanks in advance.

That might be a good starting point for you."

Thanks for pointing this one out, in summary:

1. Control Immigration

2. Stop EU having any role in law making

3. Stop sending money to the EU

So, we already know that we get more back from the EU than we pay - this was just BJ lies.

The EU has very limited involvement in UK law making, many of the EU laws actually stem from the UK. So could this again have been scare mongering to appeal to Nationalism.

With Immigration, again we had a blanket campaign of scaremongering from Leave about Turkey joining the EU, Syrian Refugees swarming into Britain creating a climate of fear. 3 years on, neither of these things have happened and one has to question the motives of the people running Leave.

Again these reasons all seem to be emotional rather than real. I accept emotions are powerful causes of actions, but when you actually take a rationale look at the reasons they have no substance.

So maybe Leavers can’t quantify why they think Leave is best? This is not a criticism, it is more of an insight. We are patently better off in the EU, none of the Brexit advantages exist, but we ‘take back control’.

The problem with this last bit though, is that who takes back control? If nothing else has been shown in the last 3 years, surely the lack of ability of our Politicians stands out?! We are not in any way ready to take back control, we do not have any calibre of Leadership that could lead us anywhere - please do not suggest Farage and Batten are shining lights of leadership...

Costa Blanca Spain...

Cameron's threat of WW3.

FFS. Grow up.

Yes the pamphlet distributed by the government was before Purdah, and therefore legal. The government, also has a duty to put its case to the nation, and it just happened to be remain!

The point is, the pamphlet was legal, both leave campaigns, broke the law! Leave could have produced a pamphlet and distributed it too, they chose not to do so!"

I wouldn't say "chose not to do so" I would say, couldn't do so because they didn't have 8 or 9 million of taxpayers money to chuck at it.

Cameron knew the purdah laws enough to know that as the "government" he could cheat his way around them before throwing his weight behind remain.

An Honourable PM would have funded both sides of the argument or none.

In short. A very low down despicable trick.

West London

Many thanks in advance.

You mean..

The polling did not ask:

The survey did not ask:

The survey did not ask:

Neither did the polling ask "what do you think is meant by 'remain and reform'?"

"

"Remain and reform" is not "a thing".

The EU evolves continuously with 28 countries forming a consensus over many areas in exactly the same way as the UK is in a permanent state of "reform".

That's the entire point of government and international organisations.

I am very aware that the ECHR has nothing to do with the EU. However, many people demonstrate even now that they do not. That is why finding out what laws those polled object to is pertinent.

I note that you can't name five which either means there aren't five that you can name or that it is the abstract principal that the only laws that British people should acknowledge are those that we create on our own. It implies that laws that we play a part in creating but not exclusively create are not of any benefit.

Perhaps you have another position on this?

Derby

Many thanks in advance.

You mean..

The polling did not ask:

The survey did not ask:

The survey did not ask:

The EU evolves continuously with 28 countries forming a consensus over many areas in exactly the same way as the UK is in a permanent state of "reform".

I am very aware that the ECHR has nothing to do with the EU. However, many people demonstrate even now that they do not. That is why finding out what laws those polled object to is pertinent.

I note that you can't name five which either means there aren't five that you can name or that it is the abstract principal that the only laws that British people should acknowledge are those that we create on our own. It implies that laws that we play a part in creating but not exclusively create are not of any benefit.

Perhaps you have another position on this?"

So 'remain and reform' is not a thing, does not therefore exist, us in the imagination and a mere fantasy? And yet that 'remain and reform' is what the remain campaign was based upon! A remain unicorn!

In the same way you say the EU evolves continuously, the UK outside of the EU will as well....maybe you're too myopic and blinkered to see that.

How do you see the EU evolving in 20, 30, 40 years time? EU army? UK taking the Euro? EU wide tax system? EU wide health system? QMV on everything? EU wide education system? Pure majority voting on everything? What other reforms do you think there will be/ woukd you like?

VAT

Free movement of labour

Child benefit going to children not living in the UK

Diabetic Drivers directive

CFP

CAP

Vacuum cleaners regs

Impending regs on kettles etc

Regs requiring new leads with every new appliance

And if you think we make all of our own laws and have none forced upon us, and that all laws are only UK laws....try finding out the difference between EU directives and EU regulations.

Cameron's threat of WW3.

FFS. Grow up.

The point is, the pamphlet was legal, both leave campaigns, broke the law! Leave could have produced a pamphlet and distributed it too, they chose not to do so!

I wouldn't say "chose not to do so" I would say, couldn't do so because they didn't have 8 or 9 million of taxpayers money to chuck at it.

Cameron knew the purdah laws enough to know that as the "government" he could cheat his way around them before throwing his weight behind remain.

An Honourable PM would have funded both sides of the argument or none.

In short. A very low down despicable trick."

False the government is only required to support the government position, not to give both sides of the argument! That's the system like it or lump it. Had the government been in favour of leaving it would have made the case for leaving!

West London

Many thanks in advance.

You mean..

The polling did not ask:

The survey did not ask:

The survey did not ask:

So 'remain and reform' is not a thing, does not therefore exist, us in the imagination and a mere fantasy? And yet that 'remain and reform' is what the remain campaign was based upon! A remain unicorn!

In the same way you say the EU evolves continuously, the UK outside of the EU will as well....maybe you're too myopic and blinkered to see that.

How do you see the EU evolving in 20, 30, 40 years time? EU army? UK taking the Euro? EU wide tax system? EU wide health system? QMV on everything? EU wide education system? Pure majority voting on everything? What other reforms do you think there will be/ woukd you like?

VAT

Free movement of labour

CFP

CAP

Vacuum cleaners regs

And if you think we make all of our own laws and have none forced upon us, and that all laws are only UK laws....try finding out the difference between EU directives and EU regulations."

No. Remain is the status quo with the same opportunity to make changes to laws, regulations and governing structures as exist now.

Try to change what we don't like and retain what we do like.

No different to voting in a new government in the UK.

I don't know how the EU will change over the next 40 years anymore than you or I know how the UK will.

I'm fine with the minimum VAT level. You believe that our government is being prevented from doing something that it desperately wants to in lowering VAT rates?

We don't actually impose the movement restrictions that we could have on the accession of the Eastern European states that we could have did we? We chose not to. We also do not enforce the regulations that we could now do we? Because we choose not to.

Child benefit: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/election-2017-40061921

"Reducing the amount of child benefit that EU nationals could claim for children living outside the UK was one of David Cameron's key demands of fellow EU leaders in the run-up to last year's Brexit referendum.

He secured an agreement to reduce the weekly total they could claim, to better reflect the cost of living in each country - the British argument was that child benefit was far more generous than many foreign nationals could receive in their own country."

An example of reform

The diabetic drivers directive:

From Diabetes UK "The European Commission has responded by advising that the driving ban for people experiencing recurrent severe hypoglycaemia when asleep, be lifted. They will ask the DVLA to make the necessary legislative changes by 1 January 2018."

An example of change

I don't know what part of the CFP you object to. Is it the bit about UK fishermen exercising their right to sell their licenses to foreign companies?

I don't know which part of CAP you object to. Is it to subsidise farmers so that they can run viable businesses and retain the ability and knowledge of how to grow food? James Dyson is the UKs biggest farmer...

...and on the subject of vacuum cleaners:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/business-41119355

"Sales of vacuum cleaners producing more noise and heat than suction are restricted under EU rules from today.

Vacuum cleaners using more than 900 watts and emitting more than 80 decibels will be banned when stocks run out.

Some anti-EU campaigners say homes won't be properly cleaned if people have to buy lower wattage machines.

But energy experts say the best low-power appliances clean just as well as high-wattage machines.

They say some manufacturers deliberately increased the amount of electricity their appliances use because shoppers equate high-wattage with high performance."

Kettle power. Can't see anything about leads. Fullfact: "At best this is a stretch. It's not a ban: the EU is considering regulation which would limit the amount of energy appliances such as kettles and hairdryers use. A study into the proposals has been drafted, but no legislation has been brought forward yet."

Some people seem to think climate change might be a bit important

All terribly oppressive. Talk about first world problems

By *iscreet_divorced_guyMan  over a year ago

central

"ok convince me why we should stay in the eu dictatorship ...must be cause its doing so great aye...ps one look at the little rat face from france makes me want to leave...he cant even sort his own problems but tells the world how to solve theres...twat head

I doubt anyone who sees the EU as a dictatorship and the key players as rat faced twat heads will have the capacity to alter their world view. "

Derby

Many thanks in advance.

You mean..

The polling did not ask:

The survey did not ask:

The survey did not ask:

VAT

Free movement of labour

CFP

CAP

Vacuum cleaners regs

And if you think we make all of our own laws and have none forced upon us, and that all laws are only UK laws....try finding out the difference between EU directives and EU regulations.

No. Remain is the status quo with the same opportunity to make changes to laws, regulations and governing structures as exist now.

I don't know how the EU will change over the next 40 years anymore than you or I know how the UK will.

I'm fine with the minimum VAT level. You believe that our government is being prevented from doing something that it desperately wants to in lowering VAT rates?

We don't actually impose the movement restrictions that we could have on the accession of the Eastern European states that we could have did we? We chose not to. We also do not enforce the regulations that we could now do we? Because we choose not to.

"Reducing the amount of child benefit that EU nationals could claim for children living outside the UK was one of David Cameron's key demands of fellow EU leaders in the run-up to last year's Brexit referendum.

He secured an agreement to reduce the weekly total they could claim, to better reflect the cost of living in each country - the British argument was that child benefit was far more generous than many foreign nationals could receive in their own country."

An example of reform

From Diabetes UK "The European Commission has responded by advising that the driving ban for people experiencing recurrent severe hypoglycaemia when asleep, be lifted. They will ask the DVLA to make the necessary legislative changes by 1 January 2018."

An example of change

I don't know what part of the CFP you object to. Is it the bit about UK fishermen exercising their right to sell their licenses to foreign companies?

I don't know which part of CAP you object to. Is it to subsidise farmers so that they can run viable businesses and retain the ability and knowledge of how to grow food? James Dyson is the UKs biggest farmer...

"Sales of vacuum cleaners producing more noise and heat than suction are restricted under EU rules from today.

Vacuum cleaners using more than 900 watts and emitting more than 80 decibels will be banned when stocks run out.

Some anti-EU campaigners say homes won't be properly cleaned if people have to buy lower wattage machines.

But energy experts say the best low-power appliances clean just as well as high-wattage machines.

They say some manufacturers deliberately increased the amount of electricity their appliances use because shoppers equate high-wattage with high performance."

Kettle power. Can't see anything about leads. Fullfact: "At best this is a stretch. It's not a ban: the EU is considering regulation which would limit the amount of energy appliances such as kettles and hairdryers use. A study into the proposals has been drafted, but no legislation has been brought forward yet."

All terribly oppressive. Talk about first world problems "

So you think that a kettle with a lower wattage will use less energy to boil the same amount of water? Wow!

You were ok with the 'tampon' tax? If the EU had not changed it, after nearly 3 years of lobbying, you would have been ok with the level it was at?

You want to stay in the EU, even though we could eventually have to accept the euro, an eu army, further expansion, loss of our rebate, reduced vetos, EU wide health system, EU wide tax system....

Oh, and Cameron wanted to stop child benefit payments to children abroad.....the EU TOLD him he couldn't do that.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Not many leavers with coherent benefits for leaving that match the benefits of staying in, with full control to influence EU direction.

Someone mentioned global warming - this pressing, urgent need for major change, more effectively achieved in partnership, is probably reason enough for us to remain, when all other evidence points clearly to this too

By *bandjam91Couple  over a year ago

London

"

72.2% of the electorate did not vote to leave. Also it's been proven the Leave campaign broke electoral law.

"

You want to stay in the EU, even though we could eventually have to accept the euro, an eu army, further expansion, loss of our rebate, reduced vetos, EU wide health system, EU wide tax system....

"

Ha, "leave project fear" there in full flow

By *rMrsWestMidsCouple  over a year ago

Dudley

72.2% of the electorate did not vote to leave. Also it's been proven the Leave campaign broke electoral law."

Even less of the electorate voted to remain!

Chudleigh

72.2% of the electorate did not vote to leave. Also it's been proven the Leave campaign broke electoral law.

Even less of the electorate voted to remain! "

Most of the electorate did not vote to leave & many leavers are changing their minds. The only reason leavers object to a 2nd referendum is they will lose!

Dudley

Most of the electorate did not vote to leave & many leavers are changing their minds. The only reason leavers object to a 2nd referendum is they will lose! "

As I just said even more of the electorate did not vote to remain! Only the votes cast count in the result and I personally know no one who has changed their mind

Chudleigh

Most of the electorate did not vote to leave & many leavers are changing their minds. The only reason leavers object to a 2nd referendum is they will lose!

As I just said even more of the electorate did not vote to remain! Only the votes cast count in the result and I personally know no one who has changed their mind "

As you well know not voting usually suggests retain the status quo, that is why most people in this country are scratching their heads about what is happening. Relatively few actively voted to change things. I am sure we would all have been happier if the margin was greater, especially as the leave campaign undeniably cheated and lied - did it make a difference, of course it did.

Dudley

As I just said even more of the electorate did not vote to remain! Only the votes cast count in the result and I personally know no one who has changed their mind

As you well know not voting usually suggests retain the status quo, that is why most people in this country are scratching their heads about what is happening. Relatively few actively voted to change things. I am sure we would all have been happier if the margin was greater, especially as the leave campaign undeniably cheated and lied - did it make a difference, of course it did."

I know no such thing, I would say it means you aren't bothered either way!

You can continue to waste your time trying to dress the numbers to suit your arguments but whichever way you do it remain always comes out as the loser.

Chudleigh

As you well know not voting usually suggests retain the status quo, that is why most people in this country are scratching their heads about what is happening. Relatively few actively voted to change things. I am sure we would all have been happier if the margin was greater, especially as the leave campaign undeniably cheated and lied - did it make a difference, of course it did.

You can continue to waste your time trying to dress the numbers to suit your arguments but whichever way you do it remain always comes out as the loser. "

Leave didn’t lie or cheat then?

Chudleigh

You can continue to waste your time trying to dress the numbers to suit your arguments but whichever way you do it remain always comes out as the loser.

Leave didn’t lie or cheat then? "

No making things up at all? Not one little bit?

West London

Many thanks in advance.

You mean..

The polling did not ask:

The survey did not ask:

The survey did not ask:

VAT

Free movement of labour

CFP

CAP

Vacuum cleaners regs

An example of reform

An example of change

So you think that a kettle with a lower wattage will use less energy to boil the same amount of water? Wow!

You were ok with the 'tampon' tax? If the EU had not changed it, after nearly 3 years of lobbying, you would have been ok with the level it was at?

Oh, and Cameron wanted to stop child benefit payments to children abroad.....the EU TOLD him he couldn't do that."

If it functions more efficiently then yes, you would need a lower power input to achieve the same result. Physics not your thing eh?

I'm pleased that the tampon tax is being removed and it's a shame that it's taken so long to remove. However, it's one of those things that requires unanimity to change. You wouldn't want a tax increase imposed on us? Interesting that we no one was interested in lowering the VAT until recently though. Have you been campaigning for it? Have you been making as many posts on that subject as Brexit?

We will not eventually have to join the Euro, contribute to an EU army, expand further,reduce vetos, have an EU health system or tax system because we have a veto on all of those things.

That's one hell of a list of Dail Mail porky pies. Is that really where you are on this? This makes it worth turning things upside down for?

The EU told him that if someone is paying their taxes they should receive the same benefits as anyone else but could adjust the payment to reflect costs where the child lives. Clearly unacceptable.

Dudley

No making things up at all? Not one little bit? "

Both sides made stuff up, what happened to the emergency budget that would be required the day after voting for leave, all the job losses etc, etc. The government funded a leaflet in favour of remain to be delivered to all households costing taxpayers £9million, that was hardly fair was it especially as it was not included in campaign expenses.There were no "saints" in the campaign both sides wanted to win, unfortunately one side thought they were certain to win, how wrong could they be!

Derby

Many thanks in advance.

You mean..

The polling did not ask:

The survey did not ask:

The survey did not ask:

VAT

Free movement of labour

CFP

CAP

Vacuum cleaners regs

An example of reform

An example of change

Oh, and Cameron wanted to stop child benefit payments to children abroad.....the EU TOLD him he couldn't do that.

If it functions more efficiently then yes, you would need a lower power input to achieve the same result. Physics not your thing eh?

I'm pleased that the tampon tax is being removed and it's a shame that it's taken so long to remove. However, it's one of those things that requires unanimity to change. You wouldn't want a tax increase imposed on us? Interesting that we no one was interested in lowering the VAT until recently though. Have you been campaigning for it? Have you been making as many posts on that subject as Brexit?

We will not eventually have to join the Euro, contribute to an EU army, expand further,reduce vetos, have an EU health system or tax system because we have a veto on all of those things.

That's one hell of a list of Dail Mail porky pies. Is that really where you are on this? This makes it worth turning things upside down for?

The EU told him that if someone is paying their taxes they should receive the same benefits as anyone else but could adjust the payment to reflect costs where the child lives. Clearly unacceptable."

Boiling water will always take the same amount of energy. TO BOIL a given quantity of water from a given temperature will require the same amount of energy whatever the power consumption of the element. Inefficiency in the form of energy losses will arise from heating the container, which has absolutely nothing to do with the element itself. Half the power rating of the element, double the length of the time required to boil the water, using the same amount of energy.

No I wouldn't want a tax increase imposed on us, but neither would I want to be stopped from making a tax decrease, or have to get the unanimous permission of 27 other countries to make that tax decrease.

"We will not eventually have to join the Euro, contribute to an EU army, expand further,reduce vetos, have an EU health system or tax system because we have a veto on all of those things."

Funny how you can say that with such conviction, as a couple of posts earlier you said;

"I don't know how the EU will change over the next 40 years...."

Many thanks in advance.

You mean..

The polling did not ask:

The survey did not ask:

The survey did not ask:

VAT

Free movement of labour

CFP

CAP

Vacuum cleaners regs

An example of reform

An example of change

The EU told him that if someone is paying their taxes they should receive the same benefits as anyone else but could adjust the payment to reflect costs where the child lives. Clearly unacceptable.

Boiling water will always take the same amount of energy. TO BOIL a given quantity of water from a given temperature will require the same amount of energy whatever the power consumption of the element. Inefficiency in the form of energy losses will arise from heating the container, which has absolutely nothing to do with the element itself. Half the power rating of the element, double the length of the time required to boil the water, using the same amount of energy.

No I wouldn't want a tax increase imposed on us, but neither would I want to be stopped from making a tax decrease, or have to get the unanimous permission of 27 other countries to make that tax decrease.

"We will not eventually have to join the Euro, contribute to an EU army, expand further,reduce vetos, have an EU health system or tax system because we have a veto on all of those things."

Funny how you can say that with such conviction, as a couple of posts earlier you said;

"

Standard VAT rate is 15% in the EU, the UK have chosen to have a 20% standard rate!

2019 European Union VAT rates. The EU sets the broad VAT rules through European VAT Directives, and has set the minimum standard VAT rate at 15%. The 28 member states are otherwise free to set their standard VAT rates. The EU also permits a maximum of two reduced rates, the lowest of which must be 5% or above.

Chudleigh

Both sides made stuff up, what happened to the emergency budget that would be required the day after voting for leave, all the job losses etc, etc. The government funded a leaflet in favour of remain to be delivered to all households costing taxpayers £9million, that was hardly fair was it especially as it was not included in campaign expenses.There were no "saints" in the campaign both sides wanted to win, unfortunately one side thought they were certain to win, how wrong could they be! "

You have missed my point. Remain warned of the consequences of Brexit, which have been occurring - we have seen the pound fall dramatically, we have seen job losses, we have seen huge sums of capital leave London for other European countries, we have seen many organisations move their hq’s abroad, we have seen massive impact on our carindustry, we have seen the BoE and the Government support the economy heavily, we have seen huge amounts of money wasted in Brexit preparations (without knowing what to prepare for!)

What we have also seen is that the Brexit bus was a lie, we have seen that ‘we hold all the cards’ was a lie, Turkey didn’t and is not going to join the EU, the Trade deals have turned out to be impossible to agree, WTO is not an answer as we end up in a worse place than we are now, Unicorns and pots of gold haven’t been appearing.

Nothing in the Brexit argument holds water. It is time Brexiteers took a long look at what they were sold and re consider.

Also please stop your Leadership supporting thugs and violence

So now that we are seeing an exodus of finance and businesses from the UK and we have wasted huge amounts of money on Brexit and our economy is stagnating as a result can anybody tell me why Brexiteers still crap on about who won! Nobody won....nobody is winning....it’s all been a shit idea from word go and has fostered a level of belligerence and exposed a level of ugliness in society that hasn’t been seen since the 1970’s. It was an ignorant idea that was backed up by lies and prejudice and has patently made us poorer yet the one eyed zealots are still treating it as if its a game of Sunday afternoon football. I know it’s affecting my kids futures and I resent that deeply.

West London

"

You mean..

The polling did not ask:

The survey did not ask:

The survey did not ask:

VAT

Free movement of labour

CFP

CAP

Vacuum cleaners regs

An example of reform

An example of change

"

Physics definitely not your thing then.

The power rating is the amount of energy drawn by the kettle per second. This is not the same as the amount of energy used to heat the water. A more efficient heating element and electrical package will transfer more of the energy from the mains directly into the water on order to heat it. In your, odd, example if less energy was used to heat the container you could reduce the power rating and hear the water in the same time.

A modern LED light bulb can produce as much light (measured in lumens) as an old incandescent bulb at a much lower power rating.

This is why the power rating is not a smart measure for anything.

We haven't been stopped, but we have been delayed. That is the nature of consensus rather than "being strong". We have introduced all sorts of legislation over the years because the press demanded that we did and we ignored proper review. Hunting, pit bulls, ASBOS.

Again, we have been in no hurry to reduce VAT on tampons since 1940. All of a sudden it is of vital importance to you personally to introduce a reduction immediately.

We do not "have" to do anything if we have a veto. We can do any of the things that you mentioned if we choose to. Our decision. Not compelled. You can distinguish the difference right?

Well done rolling and sliding to smaller and narrower points to try to get a micro victory though. Centaur would be proud

By *astledking19TV/TS  over a year ago

buckingham

Nearly 9 million votes not used on that referendum.....shame that people fought for the right to vote. Could of easily put this nightmare of a riddle wrapped up in a puzzle to bed once and for all.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

You can continue to waste your time trying to dress the numbers to suit your arguments but whichever way you do it remain always comes out as the loser. "

The losers are the population at large, as it appears clear that people were subject to an illegal leave campaign, and that its illegal activities were to gain benefits for a tiny minority of people. Whichever way people voted, if the majority were duped, for the gains of a very wealthy minority, that's not positive for democracy or general wellbeing.

We do need a full reset in this Country of ours now I think.

Too many divisions about everything, we need to either stay fully in the EU or full reset and No deal Brexit.

That way there will be no scapegoat EU to blame all our woes on.

"ok convince me why we should stay in the eu dictatorship ...must be cause its doing so great aye...ps one look at the little rat face from france makes me want to leave...he cant even sort his own problems but tells the world how to solve theres...twat head"

For me personally I will be forever grateful to the EU dictatorship for its mandates that applied huge pressure on the UK's government to identify who is was and likewise decriminalize parts of my life.

As an aside I am also somewhat scared by the voting record of many of the 'once Tory' lead brexiteers who had reason to think they should vote against the bills that allowed me to have sex prior to being 21, allowed me to legally partner with a man if I choose or in recent times marry.

X

Derby

"

You mean..

The polling did not ask:

The survey did not ask:

The survey did not ask:

VAT

Free movement of labour

CFP

CAP

Vacuum cleaners regs

An example of reform

An example of change

The power rating is the amount of energy drawn by the kettle per second. This is not the same as the amount of energy used to heat the water. A more efficient heating element and electrical package will transfer more of the energy from the mains directly into the water on order to heat it. In your, odd, example if less energy was used to heat the container you could reduce the power rating and hear the water in the same time.

A modern LED light bulb can produce as much light (measured in lumens) as an old incandescent bulb at a much lower power rating.

We haven't been stopped, but we have been delayed. That is the nature of consensus rather than "being strong". We have introduced all sorts of legislation over the years because the press demanded that we did and we ignored proper review. Hunting, pit bulls, ASBOS.

Again, we have been in no hurry to reduce VAT on tampons since 1940. All of a sudden it is of vital importance to you personally to introduce a reduction immediately.

We do not "have" to do anything if we have a veto. We can do any of the things that you mentioned if we choose to. Our decision. Not compelled. You can distinguish the difference right?

Well done rolling and sliding to smaller and narrower points to try to get a micro victory though. Centaur would be proud "

Learn a bit about VAT...and when it was introduced in the UK. (hint, it was a bit later than 1940)

Also learn that, contrary to your opinion that VAT will never be reduced...it has been reduced for various reasons 6 times since its introduction. The last standard rate reduction was in 2008, when it was reduced to 15%, as low as EU rules would allow us, even though Alistair Darling has since stated that he would have reduced it further if EU laws had permitted. Maybe you don't understand that taxation, in all its forms, is a key tool in a government's ability to control a country's economy.

As for 'rolling and sliding to smaller and narrower points'?...Never heard of 'the devil's in the detail'?

You've not yet come up with a coherent answer to your contradictory statements of how you can be certain that..

"We will not eventually have to join the Euro, contribute to an EU army, expand further,reduce vetos, have an EU health system or tax system because we have a veto on all of those things", Whilst at the same time not knowing "how the EU will change over the next 40 years...." then....

May i quote a members post on here from monsieur.reynard47 which oretty much nails it :

"FFS its the austerity budget of this tory government that has brought all this about! If they hadn’t played to the free trade liberalisation for the past ten years while pressuring everyone to work harder for less money with no job or pension security then perhaps we wouldn’t have been seeing brexit at all. The polarisation of society at all levels due to perceived inequality fed by dishonest journalism and jingoistic politicians led to the protest vote that was Brexit. To be honest I have never felt so much hatred for the complacent and successful minority who set this disaster in motion and I despair of the blind arrogance of their supporters."

Chudleigh

Just in case people are interested...

VAT rates for goods and services

Standard 20% Most goods and services

Reduced rate 5% Some goods and services, eg children’s car seats and home energy

Zero rate 0% Zero-rated goods and services, eg most food and children’s clothes

The standard rate of VAT increased to 20% on 4 January 2011 (from 17.5%).

Some things are exempt from VAT, eg postage stamps, financial and property transactions.

West London

"

You mean..

The polling did not ask:

The survey did not ask:

The survey did not ask:

VAT

Free movement of labour

CFP

CAP

Vacuum cleaners regs

An example of reform

An example of change

Well done rolling and sliding to smaller and narrower points to try to get a micro victory though. Centaur would be proud

Learn a bit about VAT...and when it was introduced in the UK. (hint, it was a bit later than 1940)

Also learn that, contrary to your opinion that VAT will never be reduced...it has been reduced for various reasons 6 times since its introduction. The last standard rate reduction was in 2008, when it was reduced to 15%, as low as EU rules would allow us, even though Alistair Darling has since stated that he would have reduced it further if EU laws had permitted. Maybe you don't understand that taxation, in all its forms, is a key tool in a government's ability to control a country's economy.

As for 'rolling and sliding to smaller and narrower points'?...Never heard of 'the devil's in the detail'?

You've not yet come up with a coherent answer to your contradictory statements of how you can be certain that..

"We will not eventually have to join the Euro, contribute to an EU army, expand further,reduce vetos, have an EU health system or tax system because we have a veto on all of those things", Whilst at the same time not knowing "how the EU will change over the next 40 years...." then...."

Really?

Purchase tax was what and introduced when?

I didn't say anything whatsoever about VAT never being reduced. The discussion was about tampons. Something that you are crusading about although I doubt have ever written to your MP or signed a petition about.

Perhaps he could have reduced VAT temporarily to less than 15%. Did he ask?

We started off discussing what? How many points did you raise and not pursue when I had replied.

How many rounds of irrelevant detail have we now gone to so that you can try to "win" one point multiple steps away from where we started?

I have come up with a perfectly coherent answer. Look up the word "veto". If we have a veto then we can choose or not to do any of the things you keep describing. None of it can be forced on us.

I cannot really answer you any other way.

Bored now. If you feel that you have won then we'll done

Dudley

Both sides made stuff up, what happened to the emergency budget that would be required the day after voting for leave, all the job losses etc, etc. The government funded a leaflet in favour of remain to be delivered to all households costing taxpayers £9million, that was hardly fair was it especially as it was not included in campaign expenses.There were no "saints" in the campaign both sides wanted to win, unfortunately one side thought they were certain to win, how wrong could they be!

You have missed my point. Remain warned of the consequences of Brexit, which have been occurring - we have seen the pound fall dramatically, we have seen job losses, we have seen huge sums of capital leave London for other European countries, we have seen many organisations move their hq’s abroad, we have seen massive impact on our carindustry, we have seen the BoE and the Government support the economy heavily, we have seen huge amounts of money wasted in Brexit preparations (without knowing what to prepare for!)

What we have also seen is that the Brexit bus was a lie, we have seen that ‘we hold all the cards’ was a lie, Turkey didn’t and is not going to join the EU, the Trade deals have turned out to be impossible to agree, WTO is not an answer as we end up in a worse place than we are now, Unicorns and pots of gold haven’t been appearing.

Nothing in the Brexit argument holds water. It is time Brexiteers took a long look at what they were sold and re consider.

Also please stop your Leadership supporting thugs and violence "

My leadership supporting thugs and violence? I am my own man I haven't got any leadership so cut the drama!

Chudleigh

My leadership supporting thugs and violence? I am my own man I haven't got any leadership so cut the drama!"

...indeed, no leadership just followers. The people who portray leadership of Brexit and Leave - UKIP, Brexit Party, ERG, BJ all fit in this space. By all means call them out, but don’t be surprised when the rest of us associate you as a group. They are the people who will gain the most power and the way they defend, condone & promote extremism should be stopped.

Dudley

My leadership supporting thugs and violence? I am my own man I haven't got any leadership so cut the drama!

...indeed, no leadership just followers. The people who portray leadership of Brexit and Leave - UKIP, Brexit Party, ERG, BJ all fit in this space. By all means call them out, but don’t be surprised when the rest of us associate you as a group. They are the people who will gain the most power and the way they defend, condone & promote extremism should be stopped."

Shall I take you as one of Tony Blair's puppets, if there was a good reason to leave it was when Tony said we should stay!

Chudleigh

It would be better if you condemned extremists, fascists, rascists and misogynists - with regard to Blair, guilty voted for him as he did a lot of good things, but I’ve voted Tory, Liberal and Green when it made sense as well. I am not rigid in my views, society changes and my vote does also.

What doesn’t change are my morals, ethics and principles.

Dudley

"It would be better if you condemned extremists, fascists, rascists and misogynists - with regard to Blair, guilty voted for him as he did a lot of good things, but I’ve voted Tory, Liberal and Green when it made sense as well. I am not rigid in my views, society changes and my vote does also.

What doesn’t change are my morals, ethics and principles."

I don't know any!

https://www.channel4.com/news/revealed-how-leave-eu-faked-migrant-footage

Bristol East

I saw that on Ch 4 last night.

Didn't think there was much substance to it.

It merely confirmed the manipulative techniques now being deployed routinely on social media to influence the public.

"https://www.channel4.com/news/revealed-how-leave-eu-faked-migrant-footage"

Wouldn't surprise me.

https://bylinetimes.com/2019/04/16/farage-should-fix-himself-brexit-party-boss-busted/

Chudleigh

"https://bylinetimes.com/2019/04/16/farage-should-fix-himself-brexit-party-boss-busted/"

Interesting read, I commend it to all Leavers...

By *astledking19TV/TS  over a year ago

buckingham

Have a look at john bercow funnies on you tube.....pmsfl.

‘I say to my right honourable friend,who is in the sedition position calm down,try yoga,you’ll find it very beneficial”

Dudley

"https://bylinetimes.com/2019/04/16/farage-should-fix-himself-brexit-party-boss-busted/

Interesting read, I commend it to all Leavers... "

If only we could read! Lol

"https://bylinetimes.com/2019/04/16/farage-should-fix-himself-brexit-party-boss-busted/

If only we could read! Lol "

I'm guessing it doesn't paint a good picture of Farage then

Chudleigh

If only we could read! Lol "

That much was obvious, my concern is your ability to put a cross in a box without actually understanding the impact of it

Dudley

That much was obvious, my concern is your ability to put a cross in a box without actually understanding the impact of it "

If only I had been as intelligent as you I could think up 101 ways to make 16.2million more than 17.4million, you should have been an accountant! Lol

Chudleigh

That much was obvious, my concern is your ability to put a cross in a box without actually understanding the impact of it

If only I had been as intelligent as you I could think up 101 ways to make 16.2million more than 17.4million, you should have been an accountant! Lol "

Your thoughts on the negative impact would be more interesting. We all know Leave lied & cheated to victory (not you personally, but the orchestraters), so what happens next? We patently do not have a working Parliament - you won, so what do we have to look forward to?

» Add a new message to this topic