FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > The End of Remain.

The End of Remain.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *nleashedCraken OP   Man  over a year ago

Widnes

Whilst those that oppose BREXIT squabble between ChangeUK, LibDems and Greens, with some still considering voting Labour in the Euro Elections, a party that still has leaving the EU as party policy; the pro Leave vote is coalescing around Farage's new BREXIT party. Currently the BREXIT party stands at between 22% and 27%.

If Farage and his BREXIT party end up as largest party after these Euro Elections, and with that level of support it probably will, we can forget any chance of another referendum or revoking of article 50.

Remain needs to unite behind one set of candidates for these Euro Elections to ensure that Remain candidates not only get the largest vote but also the most seats.

These elections are Remains last best chance to stop BREXIT for good but they are also the biggest risk to killing off any chance of stopping BREXIT too.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *rMrsWestMidsCouple  over a year ago

Dudley

"Whilst those that oppose BREXIT squabble between ChangeUK, LibDems and Greens, with some still considering voting Labour in the Euro Elections, a party that still has leaving the EU as party policy; the pro Leave vote is coalescing around Farage's new BREXIT party. Currently the BREXIT party stands at between 22% and 27%.

If Farage and his BREXIT party end up as largest party after these Euro Elections, and with that level of support it probably will, we can forget any chance of another referendum or revoking of article 50.

Remain needs to unite behind one set of candidates for these Euro Elections to ensure that Remain candidates not only get the largest vote but also the most seats.

These elections are Remains last best chance to stop BREXIT for good but they are also the biggest risk to killing off any chance of stopping BREXIT too.

"

I will keep my fingers crossed that the end is nigh for remain.

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

"Whilst those that oppose BREXIT squabble between ChangeUK, LibDems and Greens, with some still considering voting Labour in the Euro Elections, a party that still has leaving the EU as party policy; the pro Leave vote is coalescing around Farage's new BREXIT party. Currently the BREXIT party stands at between 22% and 27%.

"

The remain parties are real political parties. They have policies and ideas outside of Brexit.

The Brexit party is, well...the same some answer for a complicated question.

By *tace 309TV/TS  over a year ago

durham

I will keep my fingers crossed that the end is nigh for remain. "

shut them up once, and for all

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Brexit MEP's mean fuck all.

It's the government here in the UK that matters.

Only downfall with Brexit MEP's means less MEP's looking out for the UK's interest within the EU.

If Farage gets re elected as an mep it will be a complete disaster for the uk because the rest of Europe will gang up against the uk

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

Hotel Brexit.

Did you read the story of the French Minister's cat?

She called the cat Brexit.

Keeps going to the door but never wants out.

Bristol East

"If Farage gets re elected as an mep it will be a complete disaster for the uk because the rest of Europe will gang up against the uk "

Nah, the UK is pretty insignificant these days. Some lumps of rock on the periphery of Europe.

By *anejohnkent6263Couple  over a year ago

canterbury

What gets me is why be in the eu ....it's not going great at the moment....the UK is doing good even with so much uncertainty.....We had a vote and let's stick with the result ...make it work

By *oi_LucyCouple  over a year ago

Barbados

"What gets me is why be in the eu ....it's not going great at the moment....the UK is doing good even with so much uncertainty.....We had a vote and let's stick with the result ...make it work"

"make it work".

Ok.

How?

You want increased red tape, increased trade friction, higher costs, and less sharing of common systems and resources. Fine. So how you going to fund all that? And how does any of that fix the *actual* problems we have in this country? ie. not the 'problem of the EU' that wasn't actually a problem for more than a few percent of people until the tabloids and social media adverts told them they should think it is.

-Matt

By *xperimentalistMan  over a year ago

East Yorkshire

Time for everyone to get behind the brexit party and tell those in Westminster to get on with the job they were given

Bristol East

Look at the stats.

Record employment.

Stagnant productivity.

Little inflation.

If we're approaching full employment, wages would be rising, more money is circulating, so inflation goes up.

It isn't happening.

Companies are not investing.

Only hiring.

Revenue rather than capital.

And then take a look at the deficit on the balance of payments and the current account.

That's not good.

Too much GDP comes from asset bubbles.

Property millionaires.

No productivity there, just foreign money inflating prices.

When that bursts, we're all in the doo-dah big time.

"Time for everyone to get behind the brexit party and tell those in Westminster to get on with the job they were given "

Pfft! No thanks

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"Time for everyone to get behind the brexit party and tell those in Westminster to get on with the job they were given "

"Look at the stats.

Record employment.

Stagnant productivity.

Little inflation.

If we're approaching full employment, wages would be rising, more money is circulating, so inflation goes up.

It isn't happening.

Companies are not investing.

Only hiring.

Revenue rather than capital.

And then take a look at the deficit on the balance of payments and the current account.

That's not good.

Too much GDP comes from asset bubbles.

Property millionaires.

No productivity there, just foreign money inflating prices.

When that bursts, we're all in the doo-dah big time.

"

This is exactly right. It beggars belief that the brexiteers really can’t see that the economy is in deep shit with no investment and businesses leaving in their droves and as for the national debt!

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

Definition of employment for government statistics is: Do 1 hour unpaid work a week and your employed...

We are still in EU.

Current figures are not reflecting situation what Britain will face after it will leave EU.

Still don't see why so many wants to leave EU so badly, when UK was in very good position in European Union.

In European Union Parliament UK had 73 seats from 751 seats. If we devide 751 seats to 28 member countries , each shoud have 26.8, but because UK was one of the coutries which was at very beginning of union, it had more seats in Parliament.

So Parliament have direct access to EU budget planning, if MPs UK citizens voted in EU Parliament haven't done their job it is wrong to blame Union.

But it is in human nature to blame others instead of taking responsibility. MPs are not directly responsible for any decision they have made.

I think people needs to do their own research instead of listening propaganda in media or agitators.

"We are still in EU.

Current figures are not reflecting situation what Britain will face after it will leave EU.

Still don't see why so many wants to leave EU so badly, when UK was in very good position in European Union.

In European Union Parliament UK had 73 seats from 751 seats. If we devide 751 seats to 28 member countries , each shoud have 26.8, but because UK was one of the coutries which was at very beginning of union, it had more seats in Parliament.

So Parliament have direct access to EU budget planning, if MPs UK citizens voted in EU Parliament haven't done their job it is wrong to blame Union.

But it is in human nature to blame others instead of taking responsibility. MPs are not directly responsible for any decision they have made.

I think people needs to do their own research instead of listening propaganda in media or agitators.

"

Each countries amount of MEP's goes on population amount.

I think you didn't get the point.

Those are details, which are in relative.

UK was in one of best position in European Union, it was more represented as other countries.

If people who represented UK interests didn't do their job, it is wrong and incorrect to blame Union.

That's the point.

And UK gained far more than its input.

The main reason why people voted on Brexit was immigration.

Regarding immigration - UK have ability to control it's borders with non EU immigrants, why it wasn't done?

Maybe start with one project and then take next.

There is no systematic thinking. People who are in charge don't have vision how to solve problem.

Vote green and save the planet from destruction and also save the country from self destruction.

So much win ..,

I wonder how much extra carbon has been added to the atmosphere because of all the flying back and forth using planes like taxis during the last 3 years of pissing about with this fiasco

"I wonder how much extra carbon has been added to the atmosphere because of all the flying back and forth using planes like taxis during the last 3 years of pissing about with this fiasco "

Nobody in the Labour Party or Conservative party gives a toss about the environment and all that vote for them are complicit in the destruction of the earth and the poisoned atmosphere they breathe.

By *ex4unowCouple  over a year ago

near you

Majority at referendum expected to leave straight away

that is why all the doom and gloom predictions were wrong

We haven’t left yet

And realistically never will in my view

Nigel F even though I don’t like or trust him

He has sat back and let the government rip itself apart

Readying himself to take the moral high ground and take Britain out of the EU

On the felling of a population not being heard

It is going to get alot worse yet

By *or Fox SakeCouple  over a year ago

Thornaby

"Majority at referendum expected to leave straight away

We haven’t left yet

It is going to get alot worse yet "

You think Herr Farage occupies the moral high ground?

You probably think Grease Smog is a man of the people as well

Grease smog ...

Brilliant.

By *lem-H-FandangoMan  over a year ago

salisbury

"If Farage gets re elected as an mep it will be a complete disaster for the uk because the rest of Europe will gang up against the uk

Nah, the UK is pretty insignificant these days. Some lumps of rock on the periphery of Europe."

Funny how many remoaners have this attitude. I do wonder why they even give a fuck seeing as they seem to hate the place.

By *lik and PaulCouple  over a year ago

Flagrante

"Brexit MEP's mean fuck all.

It's the government here in the UK that matters.

Only downfall with Brexit MEP's means less MEP's looking out for the UK's interest within the EU. "

Actually think this will be a good litmus test....loads of Brexit MEPs would suggest the mood is very much still to leave...loads of remain leaning MEPs could suggest a mood swing...up until now it's all been polls and opinions only.

Bristol East

[Removed by poster at 19/04/19 12:25:22]

Bristol East

"If Farage gets re elected as an mep it will be a complete disaster for the uk because the rest of Europe will gang up against the uk

Nah, the UK is pretty insignificant these days. Some lumps of rock on the periphery of Europe.

Funny how many remoaners have this attitude. I do wonder why they even give a fuck seeing as they seem to hate the place."

Ah, the true patriot rears his head.

The one who claims ownership of national pride.

The one who cannot tolerate a different perspective of the UK's place in the world than his own.

If your not with us you must be against us, eh?

Get a grip.

salisbury

Funny how many remoaners have this attitude. I do wonder why they even give a fuck seeing as they seem to hate the place.

Ah, the true patriot.

Anyone who tries to bring some perspective to Britain's true place in the world must be deemed a traitor, a hater.

F*ck off.

"

A lump of rock on the periphery of Europe...... seriously? Im surprised we haven't been asked to leave the G8 by now...

salisbury

"[courage removed by poster at 19/04/19 12:25:22]"

So i see.

upton wirral

"Vote green and save the planet from destruction and also save the country from self destruction.

So much win .., "

How will voting green save the planet?We are a tiny little island,What about the USA,India,China etc.

It is a global problem and wrecking the UK economy would achieve virtually nothing to save the planet

By *ex4unowCouple  over a year ago

near you

"Majority at referendum expected to leave straight away

We haven’t left yet

It is going to get alot worse yet

You think Herr Farage occupies the moral high ground?

You probably think Grease Smog is a man of the people as well "

He will in the eyes of the people if the will of the people is not respected he has played a good game

If he is the only one saying it ,It will be a single vision for many with none of the racist angles

I am not a supporter but

"Vote green and save the planet from destruction and also save the country from self destruction.

So much win .., How will voting green save the planet?We are a tiny little island,What about the USA,India,China etc.

It is a global problem and wrecking the UK economy would achieve virtually nothing to save the planet"

I want you to breathe clean air in a environment that nourishes you Emma .Im sorry you prefer the poison .

Maybe it's effecting your capacity for rational argument.Who knows I hope you get well soon.

Sincerely hoping that the last 3 years will galvanise the young to vote in the MEP elections. As a country, it's very few of us who involved in them and I hope this entire debacle gets more young, internationalist minded people out to make their voice heard.

salisbury

"Sincerely hoping that the last 3 years will galvanise the young to vote in the MEP elections. As a country, it's very few of us who involved in them and I hope this entire debacle gets more young, internationalist minded people out to make their voice heard. "

upton wirral

So much win .., How will voting green save the planet?We are a tiny little island,What about the USA,India,China etc.

It is a global problem and wrecking the UK economy would achieve virtually nothing to save the planet

I want you to breathe clean air in a environment that nourishes you Emma .Im sorry you prefer the poison .

Maybe it's effecting your capacity for rational argument.Who knows I hope you get well soon. "

The subject is the whole planet,not my own little space so answered in that way,of course I care.The road main outside my home used to be quiet now can take me ten mins to get out.YOu misjudge me

Maybe it's effecting your capacity for rational argument.Who knows I hope you get well soon. The subject is the whole planet,not my own little space so answered in that way,of course I care.The road main outside my home used to be quiet now can take me ten mins to get out.YOu misjudge me"

So vote for a party that will give you clean air and less congestion.The global issue seems massive but in reality it lots of small problems.Start by giving yourself a bettter environment by voting for clean air and less traffic and pollution.

By *anejohnkent6263Couple  over a year ago

canterbury

Vote green and become a thug with no thought for hard working people who can't get to work....green James blunts more like

upton wirral

Maybe it's effecting your capacity for rational argument.Who knows I hope you get well soon. The subject is the whole planet,not my own little space so answered in that way,of course I care.The road main outside my home used to be quiet now can take me ten mins to get out.YOu misjudge me

So vote for a party that will give you clean air and less congestion.The global issue seems massive but in reality it lots of small problems.Start by giving yourself a bettter environment by voting for clean air and less traffic and pollution.

"

Why would I waste a vote?If you think voting green will save the planet your barmy,I bet you believe superman is real

Maybe it's effecting your capacity for rational argument.Who knows I hope you get well soon. The subject is the whole planet,not my own little space so answered in that way,of course I care.The road main outside my home used to be quiet now can take me ten mins to get out.YOu misjudge me

Why would I waste a vote?If you think voting green will save the planet your barmy,I bet you believe superman is real"

I see I weighed and measured you well earlier .

The BREXIT Party will show the pc remainer media that the majority of people in this nation not only want to leave the EU, they want to do it now. That bitch has bought herself enough delays, it’s time to go!

"The BREXIT Party will show the pc remainer media that the majority of people in this nation not only want to leave the EU, they want to do it now. That bitch has bought herself enough delays, it’s time to go!"

By *ethnmelvCouple  over a year ago

Chudleigh

"What gets me is why be in the eu ....it's not going great at the moment....the UK is doing good even with so much uncertainty.....We had a vote and let's stick with the result ...make it work"

You are aware we are in the EU, this is why we are doing so relatively well

Chudleigh

"The BREXIT Party will show the pc remainer media that the majority of people in this nation not only want to leave the EU, they want to do it now. That bitch has bought herself enough delays, it’s time to go!"

How do you know “the majority of people in this nation” want to Leave? The best showing Leave had was 37% of the voting population, so quite a way short of the majority of the people in the nation - it would actually have been 26% of the UK’s population. & please stop being so bitter with your choice of words.

"The BREXIT Party will show the pc remainer media that the majority of people in this nation not only want to leave the EU, they want to do it now. That bitch has bought herself enough delays, it’s time to go!

How do you know “the majority of people in this nation” want to Leave? The best showing Leave had was 37% of the voting population, so quite a way short of the majority of the people in the nation - it would actually have been 26% of the UK’s population. & please stop being so bitter with your choice of words."

Oh I do love it when Remainers try to take the high ground with this one by trying to assert that anyone who didn't vote to leave MUST be in favour of remaining.

Yes, so only 37% of the population voted to leave - but even fewer voted to stay!

Try this for an argument. Perhaps many who MIGHT have voted to leave stayed at home because they thought it was a foregone conclusion that the result would be - as the politicians predicted - to remain.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it!

Chudleigh

"The BREXIT Party will show the pc remainer media that the majority of people in this nation not only want to leave the EU, they want to do it now. That bitch has bought herself enough delays, it’s time to go!

How do you know “the majority of people in this nation” want to Leave? The best showing Leave had was 37% of the voting population, so quite a way short of the majority of the people in the nation - it would actually have been 26% of the UK’s population. & please stop being so bitter with your choice of words.

Oh I do love it when Remainers try to take the high ground with this one by trying to assert that anyone who didn't vote to leave MUST be in favour of remaining.

Yes, so only 37% of the population voted to leave - but even fewer voted to stay!

Try this for an argument. Perhaps many who MIGHT have voted to leave stayed at home because they thought it was a foregone conclusion that the result would be - as the politicians predicted - to remain.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it!"

Try reading the post - a Leaver said the majority of the population of the UK wanted to Leave. He is and was wrong. Just pretending it is true, does not make it true.

I am happy to accept your apology for being wrong if you wish?

That's obvious already, so again, what will they bring to the table, or is it as I think, they have nothing to bring to the table, their just piss and wind that people will use as a protest vote.

Chudleigh

Try reading the post - a Leaver said the majority of the population of the UK wanted to Leave. He is and was wrong. Just pretending it is true, does not make it true.

I am happy to accept your apology for being wrong if you wish?"

Happy to wait until tomorrow...

Remain voters are waiting to see what Labour decides on the second referendum..... , thanks to social

Media - tactical voting can be decided until just a few days before the vote.

Best wait to see what the Tories and Labour decide regarding the elections.

Although only a few weeks away ... it’s very much early days.

Chudleigh

"Remain voters are waiting to see what Labour decides on the second referendum..... , thanks to social

Although only a few weeks away ... it’s very much early days."

I think Labour have to grow a pair & support Remain. Sitting on the fence and waiting to see which way the wind blows shows weakness.

Widnes

"Remain voters are waiting to see what Labour decides on the second referendum..... , thanks to social

Although only a few weeks away ... it’s very much early days.

I think Labour have to grow a pair & support Remain. Sitting on the fence and waiting to see which way the wind blows shows weakness."

Just backing a second referendum is not enough when there are parties standing that are actually pro EU, pro Remain and anti-BREXIT.

If you want to Remain then you should vote in the Euro Elections for a pro Remain party. Currently Labour's official policy is still to leave the EU. Just like in the 2017 general election a vote for Labour in the Euro Elections will be taken as yet another endorsement and vote for Leave.

Chudleigh

Agreed, at the moment it should be Plaid

Cymru, Lib Dems, SNP, Change and Greens.

Labour have to make a decision quickly, they can’t please everyone, so they need to go one way or the other.

I am happy to accept your apology for being wrong if you wish?"

I work with the general public every day, I talk to everyone from builders to taxi drivers. Working class people, not all right wing but none of them appear to support the EU, with the exception of those who have been milking it for decades and are worried that they might have to do a days work. I’m confident that if we have to go through these EU elections, that the BREXIT Party will make a huge impact. If not, then you get to say I’m wrong...

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

There's every reason to not vote in chancers to jobs that they are unsuitable for - MEPs should represent constituents for the full term, ensuring everyone's needs are met.

UKip didn't work hard in that role - but they took lots of your cash and worked against the UKs interests in the EU. We need to drain the swamp of such disreputable leeches.

The distinct parties won't form a union before the election, even if this concept is valuable.

Whatever the results, they should be viewed as local EU representative recruitment, not as another protest vote.

By *andS66Couple  over a year ago

Derby

"

How will they reduce traffic and congestion?

How will they reduce traffic and congestion?"

I wondered that myself... ban all vehicles maybe?

"

It is very strange to me that people still believe in farage lies. This is incomprehensible.

Chudleigh

I am happy to accept your apology for being wrong if you wish?

I work with the general public every day, I talk to everyone from builders to taxi drivers. Working class people, not all right wing but none of them appear to support the EU, with the exception of those who have been milking it for decades and are worried that they might have to do a days work. I’m confident that if we have to go through these EU elections, that the BREXIT Party will make a huge impact. If not, then you get to say I’m wrong..."

I think the fact is that ‘the majority of the UK population’ do not support Leave.

Perhaps the people you meet do, but they arenot the majority of the UK. Sadly Leave (especially Farage) is very loose with Facts, pretending something is so doesn’t make it that way.

Enough people in this country disagree with you and him to warrant another vote. The reason nobody can move on is that Brexit is a clusterfuck that delivers nothing to ordinary people.

The EU is not your enemy, it is people like Farage and the Eton Mess who are playing people for their own benefit. The vast majority of Leave voters (& Remain voters) will be worse off as a result of Brexit (in any form)

Why accept this for empty promises that cannot be fulfilled? Especially when you realise how crap it actually will be, it will be too late to reverse it

" Sadly Leave (especially Farage) is very loose with Facts, pretending something is so doesn’t make it that way.

"

Mr honest Nigel Farage "the man standing up for the little people" was doing his LBC radio show a few months back talking about how May's withdrawal deal can lock us into the EU forever with the only chance of us leaving if the EU say we can leave etc and he had an ex MP that he knew very well come on the show and this guy said...

"Nigel we both know very well that the EU cannot hold the current UK Government or future UK Government's in the Customs Union etc against our will, all it takes is passing the law or legislation in Parliament because we have it on statute that we cannot be bound by a foreign entity against our will.

Farage quickly skimmed over this with a very vague way of accepting what he'd said then started going on about other issues to gloss over the main point being used by Brexiteer arguments about May's deal is in fact just lies.

Farage still stated as fact twice after in the rest of his show that May's deal locks us into the EU forever.

Sums him up really, lies, gets proved wrong on air, accepts it's not true, then continues the lies again.

Derby

" Sadly Leave (especially Farage) is very loose with Facts, pretending something is so doesn’t make it that way.

Mr honest Nigel Farage "the man standing up for the little people" was doing his LBC radio show a few months back talking about how May's withdrawal deal can lock us into the EU forever with the only chance of us leaving if the EU say we can leave etc and he had an ex MP that he knew very well come on the show and this guy said...

"Nigel we both know very well that the EU cannot hold the current UK Government or future UK Government's in the Customs Union etc against our will, all it takes is passing the law or legislation in Parliament because we have it on statute that we cannot be bound by a foreign entity against our will.

Farage quickly skimmed over this with a very vague way of accepting what he'd said then started going on about other issues to gloss over the main point being used by Brexiteer arguments about May's deal is in fact just lies.

Farage still stated as fact twice after in the rest of his show that May's deal locks us into the EU forever.

Sums him up really, lies, gets proved wrong on air, accepts it's not true, then continues the lies again. "

We could do...how do you feel that other countries would trust us if we just 'pull out' of an international treaty if we want to, even when that treaty says we can't without the other party's permission?

By *ave 42Man  over a year ago

pontefract

Sums him up really, lies, gets proved wrong on air, accepts it's not true, then continues the lies again.

We could do...how do you feel that other countries would trust us if we just 'pull out' of an international treaty if we want to, even when that treaty says we can't without the other party's permission?"

I think the fact is that ‘the majority of the UK population’ do not support Leave.

Funny but I thought more voted to leave than remain

We could do...how do you feel that other countries would trust us if we just 'pull out' of an international treaty if we want to, even when that treaty says we can't without the other party's permission?"

Like leaving with no deal & saying sod off to the £39 billion for commitments already made

Point stands, it's a lie that's still being pushed. Now if they explained the truth and possible implications then that would be different but they don't.

I completely agree but Corbyn has never been pro Europe- he is going to have to compromise if he has any hope of getting to number 10.

That said Momentum - who largely got him where he is- could easily change and back someone who is more pro Europe.

By *he machinistMan  over a year ago

Stoke

The remain parties are real political parties. They have policies and ideas outside of Brexit.

The Brexit party is, well...the same some answer for a complicated question."

Real political parties!.

Hallelujah were saved by real political parties with real political policies that haven't fucked anything up for like...decades.

Everybody breath a sigh of relief from our saviour

Stoke

We could do...how do you feel that other countries would trust us if we just 'pull out' of an international treaty if we want to, even when that treaty says we can't without the other party's permission?

Like leaving with no deal & saying sod off to the £39 billion for commitments already made

Point stands, it's a lie that's still being pushed. Now if they explained the truth and possible implications then that would be different but they don't.

"

How much of our decades of investment in EU projects do we get back if we leave on no deal?

West London

The Brexit party is, well...the same some answer for a complicated question..

Real political parties!.

Hallelujah were saved by real political parties with real political policies that haven't fucked anything up for like...decades.

Everybody breath a sigh of relief from our saviour "

What are the Brexit party's policies?

You can find out what other party's intend to do at least even if they fail, as they invariably must when their plans and expectations meet reality.

Do you prefer the "strong leader" plan then?

Stoke

Real political parties!.

You can find out what other party's intend to do at least even if they fail, as they invariably must when their plans and expectations meet reality.

Do you prefer the "strong leader" plan then? "

Yeah whatever

By *avidnsa69Man  over a year ago

Essex

I will keep my fingers crossed that the end is nigh for remain. shut them up once, and for all "

Dream on

By *tace 309TV/TS  over a year ago

durham

I will keep my fingers crossed that the end is nigh for remain. shut them up once, and for all

Dream on"

grow up

The Eu electrons will be telling if labour come out more publically on some kind of confirmation vote stance.

A yougov poll assuming this had them + other remainesque parties at 50%.

If there weren’t vast swathes of voters bailing to go to hard brexit parties, I think the public vote would gain more traction not less.

But it does rely on labour showing their cards and not trying to be all things to all men.

Without that we have a clear hard brexit position... and a wishywashy remain position which lacks media clout and saviness.

"

How much of our decades of investment in EU projects do we get back if we leave on no deal?"

Nothing, why should we anyway.

Stoke

"

How much of our decades of investment in EU projects do we get back if we leave on no deal?

Nothing, why should we anyway. "

Well the answer is surely the same to paying in then isn't it?.

"

Nothing, why should we anyway. .

Well the answer is surely the same to paying in then isn't it?."

Depends on what the £39 billion is actually for doesn't it.

"

Nothing, why should we anyway. .

Well the answer is surely the same to paying in then isn't it?.

Depends on what the £39 billion is actually for doesn't it. "

Even UKIP are in favour of paying some of it... (that fact it’s paying for their MEPs pension is entirely coincidental)

West London

Real political parties!.

Do you prefer the "strong leader" plan then? .

Yeah whatever"

Lucid explanation

Stoke

Real political parties!.

Yeah whatever

Lucid explanation "

Theres nothing I can say to you that will resonate, your lost in your own bubble of bullshit, the true reasoning is can you predict anything from your reasoning, I'm guessing you get everything wrong?,I don't know you tell me do you have a reasonable prediction rate?.

If your constantly wrong it's probably you and not a giant world wide conspiracy by Vladimir Putin.

Just saying like

West London

Real political parties!.

Yeah whatever

Lucid explanation .

Theres nothing I can say to you that will resonate, your lost in your own bubble of bullshit, the true reasoning is can you predict anything from your reasoning, I'm guessing you get everything wrong?,I don't know you tell me do you have a reasonable prediction rate?.

If your constantly wrong it's probably you and not a giant world wide conspiracy by Vladimir Putin.

Just saying like "

You haven't predicted anything nor provided any new information.

You can just say what you like but you aren't actually saying anything. Just being rude to people.

Perhaps I just don't understand because your arguments are too sophisticated

Stoke

Real political parties!.

Yeah whatever

Lucid explanation .

Just saying like

You can just say what you like but you aren't actually saying anything. Just being rude to people.

Perhaps I just don't understand because your arguments are too sophisticated "

that's highly likely but not because my arguments are too sophisticated just that your unable or unwilling to facilitate them.

West London

Real political parties!.

Yeah whatever

Lucid explanation .

Just saying like

Perhaps I just don't understand because your arguments are too sophisticated that's highly likely but not because my arguments are too sophisticated just that your unable or unwilling to facilitate them."

Bless your effort at a patronisation

Now say something

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"

Remain is useless

We were useless and condescending

A war of intelligent physiological manipulation has been waged and remain did nothing

It will take years of subtlty to redress the balance

Petulantly telling the indoctrinated they are stupid, wrong , or any other negative will only act as an enforce mechanism

Remain is useless

A war of intelligent physiological manipulation has been waged and remain did nothing

Petulantly telling the indoctrinated they are stupid, wrong , or any other negative will only act as an enforce mechanism

"

I have to agree you must fight fire with fire .If the population is so easily manipulated and lead up the garden path .Then lead them up the garden path .A promise gives comfort to a fool and they were promised the earth by brexiters ...

By *ine Time FontayneMan  over a year ago

Bracknell

"I wonder how much extra carbon has been added to the atmosphere because of all the flying back and forth using planes like taxis during the last 3 years of pissing about with this fiasco

Nobody in the Labour Party or Conservative party gives a toss about the environment and all that vote for them are complicit in the destruction of the earth and the poisoned atmosphere they breathe."

I have to agree. I left the Labour Party before the 2015 election when the environment didn't make it into their 5 key policies. Take the responsibility for it away from MPs and give it to a people's parliament and make the government answerable !

"I wonder how much extra carbon has been added to the atmosphere because of all the flying back and forth using planes like taxis during the last 3 years of pissing about with this fiasco

Nobody in the Labour Party or Conservative party gives a toss about the environment and all that vote for them are complicit in the destruction of the earth and the poisoned atmosphere they breathe.

I have to agree. I left the Labour Party before the 2015 election when the environment didn't make it into their 5 key policies. Take the responsibility for it away from MPs and give it to a people's parliament and make the government answerable !"

You'll see the Conservatives and labour attempting to show their green credentials at the next election.Ive seen it already from the lib dems in their pamphlets for local elections in May.

They'll promise the earth as usual then go back on any manifesto promises with regards to the environment.

Remain have to realise that brecht wasn't really about the EU. It was a chance for people to feel they had a voice and a protest. Untl MPs say, we understand you feel we are cut off from you, and we're sorry, here's what we going to do about it, Brexut will continue to be a projection of disillusionment.

Once this has been resolved, remain then needs to talk in the commons man language. GDP means naff all. But talk about what this may mean in lost taxes. And therefore spending. People may listen. Although this is still probably difficult to understand and comprehend.

salisbury

You bet

West London

Remain is useless

"

I still maintain that most people did not, and do not, really think much about the EU one way or another.

For 40 years they were a convenient scapegoat for UK government failure and got only negative press but nobody much cared.

We then had a full year of anti-EU radicalisation super-charged with social media micro-targeting.

Exactly the same approach that terrorist groups use except with the benefit of being able to take out untraceable Facebook adds.

No, leave supporters are not comparable to terrorists in any way. I'll be interested to see how many posts are needed for someone to claim that's what I wrote or meant though

Widnes

I have to agree. I left the Labour Party before the 2015 election when the environment didn't make it into their 5 key policies. Take the responsibility for it away from MPs and give it to a people's parliament and make the government answerable !"

How exactly would this so called 'People's Parliament' be elected and, by what ever method, if it's better than the method we currently use now to elect MPs why not just use that instead to elect the the Commons Parliament?

Chudleigh

Funny but I thought more voted to leave than remain "

It is simply a maths problem that has been explained many times. Leave got 17.4m votes from a potential voting population of 46m, so roughly 38% of the voting population and 26% of the overall population.

So on no measure can Leave claim that the majority of the UK population voted to Leave - 74% did not vote to Leave.

Leave are right to say they got the most votes, but nowhere near a majority of the voting population or the overall population.

Hope I’ve helped you understand the difference between facts and ‘opinions’

By *wosmilersCouple  over a year ago

Heathrowish

Remain will not disappear but it will linger. Brexit will not disappear but it will happen.

The country is divided on the issue but once we do leave, there will be an increasing acceptance acrossthe mainstream remainer voters who simply want to move on.

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

It is simply a maths problem that has been explained many times. Leave got 17.4m votes from a potential voting population of 46m, so roughly 38% of the voting population and 26% of the overall population.

So on no measure can Leave claim that the majority of the UK population voted to Leave - 74% did not vote to Leave.

Leave are right to say they got the most votes, but nowhere near a majority of the voting population or the overall population.

Hope I’ve helped you understand the difference between facts and ‘opinions’ "

so if there the numbers for leave votes can you put up the numbers for the remain votes then ?

Derby

Now kindly point out how many didn't vote to remain....and if this was more, or less, than did not vote to leave.

By *aughtius MaximiusMan  over a year ago

Cambridge

Funny how many remoaners have this attitude. I do wonder why they even give a fuck seeing as they seem to hate the place."

Wrong! Remainers love this country just as much as the leavers they just don’t want it to lose influence,jobs and make ourselves poorer financially.

My view is if you want change then you're far more likely to vote than if you're not bothered.

That's how I look at voting anyway.

Chudleigh

Hope I’ve helped you understand the difference between facts and ‘opinions’ so if there the numbers for leave votes can you put up the numbers for the remain votes then ?"

It is not relevant, as the point was made that the majority of people voted to Leave - they did not. The majority of people who voted, voted to Leave, but it was a minority of the UK population - which explains why most people are not happy with this mess. It really is not hard to follow

By *or Fox SakeCouple  over a year ago

Thornaby

Hope I’ve helped you understand the difference between facts and ‘opinions’ so if there the numbers for leave votes can you put up the numbers for the remain votes then ?

It is not relevant, as the point was made that the majority of people voted to Leave - they did not. The majority of people who voted, voted to Leave, but it was a minority of the UK population - which explains why most people are not happy with this mess. It really is not hard to follow "

Can you provide a figure for those who voted to leave without a deal?

Can you make sure you exclude the brexit leadership who said leaving without a deal was madness?

Dudley

If you use the same formula for remain and compare you will find the percentages are less no matter how you try to use the creative accounting! Now that's a fact!

By *ave 42Man  over a year ago

pontefract

There is only one fact that is relevant and that is Remain Lost , doesn’t matter how many times you try and fiddle the figures

they still lost ,

By *eavenscentitCouple  over a year ago

barnstaple

It's a balls up

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

There is only one fact that is relevant and that is Remain Lost , doesn’t matter how many times you try and fiddle the figures

they still lost , "

And have never really tried to truely understand why they lost. They had every opportunity to reach out to the Leave side and seek answers and reasons why people intended and actually voted in the Referendum but they missed the opportunity.

they still lost ,

And have never really tried to truely understand why they lost. They had every opportunity to reach out to the Leave side and seek answers and reasons why people intended and actually voted in the Referendum but they missed the opportunity."

I agree with thi on the whole. However when questions are asked, many people who voted leave (and I suspect many who voted remain) aren't able to offer more than intangibke soundbites. For example, I don't yet understand what most people mean by soverignty and why it is of such huge importance at the (possible) expense of the economy.

However I also suspect many people don't engage with the reasons they leave as it was less the EU and more wider dissatisfaction with politics. But won't say so in a "rational" debate as its easy to say you didnt mean to vote leave then. Or did so for "wrong" reasons

Grantham

I'm getting to see that Brexit was very much a North versus South issue.

Even now, some people in the North are shouting very loudly for Brexit. Many don't understand the complexity or the issues but it's "what they voted for" and they want it now.

"I'm getting to see that Brexit was very much a North versus South issue.

Even now, some people in the North are shouting very loudly for Brexit. Many don't understand the complexity or the issues but it's "what they voted for" and they want it now. "

I hope they get it

Chudleigh

If you use the same formula for remain and compare you will find the percentages are less no matter how you try to use the creative accounting! Now that's a fact!"

I never said Remain won the vote, I was just correcting a gross inaccuracy - the majority of british people did not vote for Leave. It can’t be that hard to understand. Perhaps if Leave recognised that they did not have an overwhelming majority of the voting population (or in fact any majority of the voting population (you had a majority of those that voted, not the voting population) you might get why a lot of people are against this.

If 3 people voted out of 46m and 2 said Remain and 1 Leave, would you have accepted this outcome?

Chudleigh

they still lost ,

And have never really tried to truely understand why they lost. They had every opportunity to reach out to the Leave side and seek answers and reasons why people intended and actually voted in the Referendum but they missed the opportunity."

We asked many times for Leavers to give us something tangible and nobody could offer anything. It just continues to look like the Emperors new clothes - one day a lot of Leavers are going to point at Farage and realise he is in fact naked - yuk

By *ine Time FontayneMan  over a year ago

Bracknell

they still lost ,

And have never really tried to truely understand why they lost. They had every opportunity to reach out to the Leave side and seek answers and reasons why people intended and actually voted in the Referendum but they missed the opportunity.

We asked many times for Leavers to give us something tangible and nobody could offer anything. It just continues to look like the Emperors new clothes - one day a lot of Leavers are going to point at Farage and realise he is in fact naked - yuk "

So true. The MPs have voted three times on the deal. Give us our second chance and let's do what the majority of the U.K. want to do and remain a part of Europe

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

"

Remain lost because they ran a really complacent, crap campaign, and Leave was organised and able to muster a mix of anti-establishment feeling along with appeals to traditional Eurosceptic worries about 'sovereignty' and general all purpose immigration-scaremongering.

And they cheated and lied.

It's not really this complicated mystery that need to be 'reached out' to understand.

What you're really saying is that remainers should be conciliatory and polite about arguments and ideas they disagree with.

Well, no, thanks. That's not how politics works. After a general election the losing sides don't just slink away in silence and support everything the winning party does.

By *xperimentalistMan  over a year ago

East Yorkshire

With general election turn out this would, by extending the thought process, mean that no-one could claim victory, because the 50% who didn't vote might have wanted to vote for the monster raving loony party and so they should have won. All that can be gone on is those votes that were actually cast, unless you are going to start compulsory voting.

And on that basis leave won. Not voting shows ambivalence, and so acceptance of whatever others who actually get off their arses and vote decide.

Chudleigh

With general election turn out this would, by extending the thought process, mean that no-one could claim victory, because the 50% who didn't vote might have wanted to vote for the monster raving loony party and so they should have won. All that can be gone on is those votes that were actually cast, unless you are going to start compulsory voting.

And on that basis leave won. Not voting shows ambivalence, and so acceptance of whatever others who actually get off their arses and vote decide. "

My point is not to deny Leave got more votes, simply to call out the lie that Leave is supported by a majority of British voters. The best leave can claim is 38% of voters. Which then raises the question of what do the 62% want, especially now that Brexit lies have been called out?

Dudley

If you use the same formula for remain and compare you will find the percentages are less no matter how you try to use the creative accounting! Now that's a fact!

I never said Remain won the vote, I was just correcting a gross inaccuracy - the majority of british people did not vote for Leave. It can’t be that hard to understand. Perhaps if Leave recognised that they did not have an overwhelming majority of the voting population (or in fact any majority of the voting population (you had a majority of those that voted, not the voting population) you might get why a lot of people are against this.

If 3 people voted out of 46m and 2 said Remain and 1 Leave, would you have accepted this outcome?"

The problem with you correcting these "inaccuracies" is you word it in such a way that it sounds like remain won!

Your example is nonsense, there was a large turn out for the vote and anyone who would have wanted to vote could hardly say they didn't know it was happening!

Grantham

"

Remain lost because they ran a really complacent, crap campaign, and Leave was organised and able to muster a mix of anti-establishment feeling along with appeals to traditional Eurosceptic worries about 'sovereignty' and general all purpose immigration-scaremongering.

And they cheated and lied.

It's not really this complicated mystery that need to be 'reached out' to understand.

What you're really saying is that remainers should be conciliatory and polite about arguments and ideas they disagree with.

Well, no, thanks. That's not how politics works. After a general election the losing sides don't just slink away in silence and support everything the winning party does.

"

Not at all.

Both sides of the argument lied. There's no disputing that.

Leave never expected to win, Remain never expected to lose.

After the result, Remain should have asked questions to how they lost. Reached out to the more moderate Leave and asked what they could have done to get a change of mind. Come up with the more reasoned arguments that we are seeing long after the event. Unfortunately, all we got was a blame game, name calling and alienation.

I voted Leave for my own reasons. I wrote Brexit off soon after the referendum, it was never going to happen. I've been educated by the more intelligent arguments now coming forward but equally dismayed in the chaos that's ensued for over two years.

Chudleigh

If 3 people voted out of 46m and 2 said Remain and 1 Leave, would you have accepted this outcome?

The problem with you correcting these "inaccuracies" is you word it in such a way that it sounds like remain won!

Your example is nonsense, there was a large turn out for the vote and anyone who would have wanted to vote could hardly say they didn't know it was happening!"

The example was deliberately at the extreme to highlight that a few people are changing the rights of many. In most Constitutions it requires a Super Majority to make changes of such magnitude. Saying a simple majority of 1 is enough was the stupidity.

Dudley

Your example is nonsense, there was a large turn out for the vote and anyone who would have wanted to vote could hardly say they didn't know it was happening!

The example was deliberately at the extreme to highlight that a few people are changing the rights of many. In most Constitutions it requires a Super Majority to make changes of such magnitude. Saying a simple majority of 1 is enough was the stupidity. "

There was no majority of 1 it was 1.2m, that is ample for me, keep on deluding yourself!

Chudleigh

The example was deliberately at the extreme to highlight that a few people are changing the rights of many. In most Constitutions it requires a Super Majority to make changes of such magnitude. Saying a simple majority of 1 is enough was the stupidity.

There was no majority of 1 it was 1.2m, that is ample for me, keep on deluding yourself! "

I object to the Leave lies, it would not have been a majority without them..., lets re run now we know how rubbish Brexit looks

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

Without control from the EU the country will be completely controlled by the UK government.

think about that for a while .......

Derby

The example was deliberately at the extreme to highlight that a few people are changing the rights of many. In most Constitutions it requires a Super Majority to make changes of such magnitude. Saying a simple majority of 1 is enough was the stupidity. "

Just 57 votes took us into the EC in the first place.

salisbury

"Without control from the EU the country will be completely controlled by the UK government.

think about that for a while ......."

But on the bright side, we can abolish the tampon tax.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I'm assuming that the people who recognise the £millions that have been spent on propaganda advertising for leave, over the last 3 or 4 years, by very wealthy and hidden donors who fake who they are, must assume that these people are really generous, doing it for you, the little people's benefit.

It's pretty much like having unelected people in charge. They're in charge of minds. People being profiled and manipulated, so your opinions become the right ones.

At least now we understand that most of leave promises were lies, we have more facts to figure out the lack of benefits we hoped would come via the negotiated deal.

The next ineffective and expensive thing to do is to vote for a brexit MEP, who can't vote in the UK parliament and won't fully represent the UKs needs whilst in the EU. But will siphon more money off, that would be better spent elsewhere.

"The next ineffective and expensive thing to do is to vote for a brexit MEP, who can't vote in the UK parliament and won't fully represent the UKs needs whilst in the EU. But will siphon more money off, that would be better spent elsewhere.

"

I think what recent UK politics have shown us is that this is actually the most British thing to do, wasting money to shit the bed and then blaming foreigners for it.

Dudley

There was no majority of 1 it was 1.2m, that is ample for me, keep on deluding yourself!

I object to the Leave lies, it would not have been a majority without them..., lets re run now we know how rubbish Brexit looks "

So you ran out of ways to do the creative accounting!

Chudleigh

I object to the Leave lies, it would not have been a majority without them..., lets re run now we know how rubbish Brexit looks

So you ran out of ways to do the creative accounting! "

Nope, I just couldn’t bring myself to lie like leave has.

Britain will be worse off as a result of Brexit. You can’t argue with thst

» Add a new message to this topic