FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Any Brexit supporters keeping their choice hidden for fear of hateful Remainder behaviour?

Any Brexit supporters keeping their choice hidden for fear of hateful Remainder behaviour?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

It's much easier to come out as gay or trans these days than admit that you support Brexit. Inevitably there will be someone who will literally HATE you for what is a Sincerely held belief of yours and it won't take long before you are accused of being :

Thick

Racist

Xenophobic

Inbred

A Thug

Brainwashed

Uninformed

The great unwashed

Nazis/Fascists

White supremacists

Just plain evil

Or any variation of the now classic Hillary Clinton "Deplorables" comment where she called all Trump supporters "racist, sexist, homophobic, islamophobic, you name it!", even if this couldn't be further from the truth and an outright lie.

Do you hide your support of Brexit for fear of hateful behaviour from those fanatics who consider themselves righteous and morally superior to you?

I and others I know unfortunately had to face all of the above, including having life long friends cut ties with us, and fear of being punched by a friend who was so rabidly angry about my defence of Brexit that he was gritting his teeth, clenching his fist and banged it in the table menacingly, not realising that his fanatical, fascist behaviour was exactly what he was accusing me of, even though im a non white migrant and trans.

Please tell me your experiences of this.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I do what i want call me all the names you want i double dare anyone to say it face to face but i doubt they will take that dare up

"I do what i want call me all the names you want i double dare anyone to say it face to face but i doubt they will take that dare up"

So your immediate reaction is to resort to threats of violence?

Went on a few dates with a guy then one morning we talked about Brexit... big mistake! I got an hour and a half lecture on why we shouldn't leave. I also chose leave but he was a firm remainer!

#dealbreaker

"I do what i want call me all the names you want i double dare anyone to say it face to face but i doubt they will take that dare up

So your immediate reaction is to resort to threats of violence?"

if its necessary but thats not a threat of violence

"I do what i want call me all the names you want i double dare anyone to say it face to face but i doubt they will take that dare up

So your immediate reaction is to resort to threats of violence?if its necessary but thats not a threat of violence

"

If it’s not a threat of violence, would you like to clarify what you mean?

Yeah there's a delightful irony in that given the opening post

By *evil_u_knowMan  over a year ago

city

I don't think they get any hate at all, its just weird that they say they did the research and voted to leave but have no plan on how anything will work and wont back any plan, and then say the experts can figure it out, but the experts wanted to stay.

So its just a strange kettle of fish. Dunno why they dont just admit they were tricked into leaving.

So your immediate reaction is to resort to threats of violence?if its necessary but thats not a threat of violence

If it’s not a threat of violence, would you like to clarify what you mean?"

i mean people are happy to insult others from distance but a lot less willing when they have to look in that persons eyes

"I don't think they get any hate at all, its just weird that they say they did the research and voted to leave but have no plan on how anything will work and wont back any plan, and then say the experts can figure it out, but the experts wanted to stay.

So its just a strange kettle of fish. Dunno why they dont just admit they were tricked into leaving."

Case in point. Called thick and tricked into voting leave. Because we can't POSSIBLY have a valid opinion on something you disagree with. We must be stupid and/or brainwashed.

Thanks

If it’s not a threat of violence, would you like to clarify what you mean?i mean people are happy to insult others from distance but a lot less willing when they have to look in that persons eyes"

You’re trying to wriggle out of your original wording! Where have we seen that before? Hmmm that’s right. Something about £350m.....

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

We were talking about it at work when one of the students (18) said he will vote to leave if he gets the chance, then he said 'I'm not racist btw'.

So your immediate reaction is to resort to threats of violence?

Yeah there's a delightful irony in that given the opening post"

Not at all. His point is that in many cases they wouldn't threaten him to his face, but if they did he would defend himself. Are you saying he shouldn't defend himself if being attacked? He should just take it?

I think it's universal, ppl assume all sorts of things about a person based on one vote, without asking the true reasons or intentions behind it or knowing how far in or out they are on the spectrum. It's a bit like the shy Tory vote. Brexit is just beyond sense now though so I keep well out of it.....

"We were talking about it at work when one of the students (18) said he will vote to leave if he gets the chance, then he said 'I'm not racist btw'."

It's a shame that someone has been forced to use that as a caveat and the only reason he would have to say that is because of the constant accusations of racism from remainers, EVEN THOUGH THE EU IS 99% WHITE!

Weird.....

"We were talking about it at work when one of the students (18) said he will vote to leave if he gets the chance, then he said 'I'm not racist btw'.

It's a shame that someone has been forced to use that as a caveat and the only reason he would have to say that is because of the constant accusations of racism from remainers, EVEN THOUGH THE EU IS 99% WHITE! "

What do you expect when one of the main leave supporting parties hires Tommy Robinson as an adviser?

If it’s not a threat of violence, would you like to clarify what you mean?i mean people are happy to insult others from distance but a lot less willing when they have to look in that persons eyes"

Do you mean like people who start threads asking for opinions of whether they should kill someone as an act of revenge safely posting behind the anonymity of a pseudonym and on a site where the person you were discussing would likely never see it?

Not that I agreed with the threats on that thread but it's a bit rich to start a thread like that and then a few hours later accuse other people of being keyboard warriors who only insult people from a distance

If it’s not a threat of violence, would you like to clarify what you mean?i mean people are happy to insult others from distance but a lot less willing when they have to look in that persons eyes

Do you mean like people who start threads asking for opinions of whether they should kill someone as an act of revenge safely posting behind the anonymity of a pseudonym and on a site where the person you were discussing would likely never see it?

Not that I agreed with the threats on that thread but it's a bit rich to start a thread like that and then a few hours later accuse other people of being keyboard warriors who only insult people from a distance "

never asked if i should kill anyone i said batter lil different to telling someone what to think the dog i should kill

If it’s not a threat of violence, would you like to clarify what you mean?i mean people are happy to insult others from distance but a lot less willing when they have to look in that persons eyes

You’re trying to wriggle out of your original wording! Where have we seen that before? Hmmm that’s right. Something about £350m....."

350m? Whats that im not wriggling facts are facts yeah likly they endup starfishing the pavement but thats the chance you take isnt it

Not that I agreed with the threats on that thread but it's a bit rich to start a thread like that and then a few hours later accuse other people of being keyboard warriors who only insult people from a distance never asked if i should kill anyone i said batter lil different to telling someone what to think the dog i should kill"

Regardless a thread threatening to kill a dog and batter it's owner is pretty much full on keyboard warrior. And then you post about people not having the courage to say things to people's faces.

Democracy is a funny thing

People go insane about North Korea and the oppressed state it is in and "THE PEOPLE" voted back in 2016 and yet we want a "people's vote".... Confused is an understatement.

Not that I agreed with the threats on that thread but it's a bit rich to start a thread like that and then a few hours later accuse other people of being keyboard warriors who only insult people from a distance never asked if i should kill anyone i said batter lil different to telling someone what to think the dog i should kill

Regardless a thread threatening to kill a dog and batter it's owner is pretty much full on keyboard warrior. And then you post about people not having the courage to say things to people's faces."

dont worry fella iv given the police 24 hours to kill the dog or im putting it under my wheels tomorrow

Not that I agreed with the threats on that thread but it's a bit rich to start a thread like that and then a few hours later accuse other people of being keyboard warriors who only insult people from a distance never asked if i should kill anyone i said batter lil different to telling someone what to think the dog i should kill

Regardless a thread threatening to kill a dog and batter it's owner is pretty much full on keyboard warrior. And then you post about people not having the courage to say things to

people's faces."

Can we please go back to the original post please. I don't want this topic to get sidetracked.

You’re trying to wriggle out of your original wording! Where have we seen that before? Hmmm that’s right. Something about £350m.....350m? Whats that im not wriggling facts are facts yeah likly they endup starfishing the pavement but thats the chance you take isnt it "

I’d give in now mate.

Regardless a thread threatening to kill a dog and batter it's owner is pretty much full on keyboard warrior. And then you post about people not having the courage to say things to people's faces."

oh and i did say that to the owner when they came to check the damage there mut has caused

Regardless a thread threatening to kill a dog and batter it's owner is pretty much full on keyboard warrior. And then you post about people not having the courage to say things to people's faces.oh and i did say that to the owner when they came to check the damage there mut has caused "

Could you please stop sidetracking this thread with comments on illegal activity with a dog please? Also, don't kill animals.

You’re trying to wriggle out of your original wording! Where have we seen that before? Hmmm that’s right. Something about £350m.....350m? Whats that im not wriggling facts are facts yeah likly they endup starfishing the pavement but thats the chance you take isnt it

I’d give in now mate. "

I speak from the real world the working class council estate world where you gotta fight for every penny thats why i wont be told yes im uneducated but i aint stupid i got eyes

Regardless a thread threatening to kill a dog and batter it's owner is pretty much full on keyboard warrior. And then you post about people not having the courage to say things to people's faces.oh and i did say that to the owner when they came to check the damage there mut has caused

Could you please stop sidetracking this thread with comments on illegal activity with a dog please? Also, don't kill animals. "

ok im done

If it’s not a threat of violence, would you like to clarify what you mean?"

It wasn't violence... He is merely stating that most keyboard warrior remainers won't have a debate with you face to face. Also most remainers provoke hate by stating Brexit is about immigration instead of supporting each others preferences and moving forward it's a very negative subject. I would rather hear an intellectual debate about why people voted the way they did without taking people's comments out of context.

It wasn't violence... He is merely stating that most keyboard warrior remainers won't have a debate with you face to face. Also most remainers provoke hate by stating Brexit is about immigration instead of supporting each others preferences and moving forward it's a very negative subject. I would rather hear an intellectual debate about why people voted the way they did without taking people's comments out of context. "

Yup

By *ethnmelvCouple  over a year ago

Chudleigh

It wasn't violence... He is merely stating that most keyboard warrior remainers won't have a debate with you face to face. Also most remainers provoke hate by stating Brexit is about immigration instead of supporting each others preferences and moving forward it's a very negative subject. I would rather hear an intellectual debate about why people voted the way they did without taking people's comments out of context. "

...so what is Brexit actually about?

The right to trade with whomever and government your own countries laws .... Was the reason for my vote.

My father was a farmer and since joining the EU (which was originally a good idea for the common market and then it turned into something much more communist) agriculture has been destroyed in the area my father grew up in and it is mainly down to the EU legislation.

Also with respect for governing your own laws, your country should have the final say, I don't agree with the EU human rights court overruling the British courts.

I don't understand how Guernsey is part of the British Isles yet they are not in the EU .... No one calls them the list of names on the OP

By *lem-H-FandangoMan  over a year ago

salisbury

"It's much easier to come out as gay or trans these days than admit that you support Brexit. Inevitably there will be someone who will literally HATE you for what is a Sincerely held belief of yours and it won't take long before you are accused of being :

Thick

Racist

Xenophobic

Inbred

A Thug

Brainwashed

Uninformed

The great unwashed

Nazis/Fascists

White supremacists

Just plain evil

Or any variation of the now classic Hillary Clinton "Deplorables" comment where she called all Trump supporters "racist, sexist, homophobic, islamophobic, you name it!", even if this couldn't be further from the truth and an outright lie.

Do you hide your support of Brexit for fear of hateful behaviour from those fanatics who consider themselves righteous and morally superior to you?

I and others I know unfortunately had to face all of the above, including having life long friends cut ties with us, and fear of being punched by a friend who was so rabidly angry about my defence of Brexit that he was gritting his teeth, clenching his fist and banged it in the table menacingly, not realising that his fanatical, fascist behaviour was exactly what he was accusing me of, even though im a non white migrant and trans.

Please tell me your experiences of this. "

I've never met a tory voter. Yet they keep on winning....

Chudleigh

"The right to trade with whomever and government your own countries laws .... Was the reason for my vote.

My father was a farmer and since joining the EU (which was originally a good idea for the common market and then it turned into something much more communist) agriculture has been destroyed in the area my father grew up in and it is mainly down to the EU legislation.

Also with respect for governing your own laws, your country should have the final say, I don't agree with the EU human rights court overruling the British courts.

I don't understand how Guernsey is part of the British Isles yet they are not in the EU .... No one calls them the list of names on the OP "

You do know that we can trade with whoever we want? Germany has managed to be much better than we are - it is not a homogenous solution.

Has agriculture been destroyed, really? Would it benefit from cheap imports from the US and chlorinated poultry? Maybe some farmers didn’t move with the times, is that the EU’s fault or theirs! The CAP has been accused of protecting agriculture, but rarely destroying it.

How often has the ECJ actually overruled British Courts?

& what has Guernsey, Alderney, Jersey, Or IoM got to do with this? If you don’t understand their status look it up, it is quite easy when you look at their history and trade agreements.

By *nleashedCrakenMan  over a year ago

Widnes

"

Yes, it is. Why would it ever be necessary?

By *nleashedCrakenMan  over a year ago

Widnes

"The right to trade with whomever and government your own countries laws .... Was the reason for my vote.

I don't understand how Guernsey is part of the British Isles yet they are not in the EU .... No one calls them the list of names on the OP

You do know that we can trade with whoever we want? Germany has managed to be much better than we are - it is not a homogenous solution.

Has agriculture been destroyed, really? Would it benefit from cheap imports from the US and chlorinated poultry? Maybe some farmers didn’t move with the times, is that the EU’s fault or theirs! The CAP has been accused of protecting agriculture, but rarely destroying it.

How often has the ECJ actually overruled British Courts?

& what has Guernsey, Alderney, Jersey, Or IoM got to do with this? If you don’t understand their status look it up, it is quite easy when you look at their history and trade agreements."

Also there is no EU Human Rights Court. The European Court of Human Rights has nothing to do with the EU. It's actually part of the UN structural set up under the Council of Europe after WWII. The Council of Europe should not be confused with the EU's European Council. The Council of Europe (a UN organisation) was created in 1959 and includes all European countries including Russa.

By *avidnsa69Man  over a year ago

Essex

I don't understand how Guernsey is part of the British Isles yet they are not in the EU .... No one calls them the list of names on the OP "

Just staggering.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I've not heard of any similar abuse to leavers, so this may be a peculiar experience for some. Personal abuse is certainly not allowed in the forum, though the ops post wasn't related to abuse here.

If anything, people who voted to remain, or those who changed to believing remain as the better option, have largely debated based on rational logic, rather than abuse or emotional standpoints.

It's clear that there are divides but most criticism is due at the conservative party, who started brexit and have totally managed it, into the mess of today

I couldn’t give a toss about what liberal wankers want to call me. As far as I’m concerned they can stick their labels where the sun don’t shine, even if I’m sure many of them would enjoy doing just that.

"I couldn’t give a toss about what liberal wankers want to call me. As far as I’m concerned they can stick their labels where the sun don’t shine, even if I’m sure many of them would enjoy doing just that."

Do you know what irony is?

You mean labels like liberal wankers? Followed by a homophobic comment?

"I've not heard of any similar abuse to leavers, so this may be a peculiar experience for some. Personal abuse is certainly not allowed in the forum, though the ops post wasn't related to abuse here.

If anything, people who voted to remain, or those who changed to believing remain as the better option, have largely debated based on rational logic, rather than abuse or emotional standpoints.

It's clear that there are divides but most criticism is due at the conservative party, who started brexit and have totally managed it, into the mess of today "

Whilst the Tories have really fouled this up, don’t forget Parliament voted for the referendum overwhelmingly.

The opposition have been absolutely dire. May has a minority government and still Corbyn managed to be totally ineffective.

This isn’t a failure of one person or one party, it’s a failure of the whole political establishment.

"We were talking about it at work when one of the students (18) said he will vote to leave if he gets the chance, then he said 'I'm not racist btw'.

It's a shame that someone has been forced to use that as a caveat and the only reason he would have to say that is because of the constant accusations of racism from remainers, EVEN THOUGH THE EU IS 99% WHITE! "

To be honest, what do you expect with UKIP's history of racism and now Tommy Robinson, now the leader of the Brexit party has already resigned because of racist tweets etc along with Farage's comments that he was on a train and couldn't hear anyone speaking English and the way he said it...

Now I'm no where near calling all Leavers racist, never have done and never will but you have to take a look at the underlying theme that has run through the whole Brexit saga and if you're to be truthful it isn't particularly rosey.

By *or Fox SakeCouple  over a year ago

Thornaby

Ok, let's go with the results of the research into the vote

Many leave voters were older/elderly

Many were poorly educated

That's simply factually correct

Next the racism, well not all leave voters are racist. However race was used as a tool by the leave campaign (recall the Farage posters?)

If you choose to lie with dogs, don't be surprised when you get flea's

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

"Also most remainers provoke hate by stating Brexit is about immigration "

It wasn't solely about immigration, but for many leave voters it was a major factor. You can Google 'Brexit reasons for voting Leave', or whatever search terms you prefer, and find surveys and research that shows this.

The leave campaign itself leant into this in some of its material.

And it should be telling that this is where Brexiteers are now. Not giving us the evidence that shows Brexit is going to be a good thing, but whining about remainers talking about the *self stated motivations* of many leavers.

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

"

OK, replace 'racism' with 'xenophobia' if you want to be pedantic and technically correct.

Part of Brexit voting was because leavers don't want as many foreigners around. That's an undeniable fact. You can try and defend that as not being the result of prejudice, but trying to hide behind 'but they're white so how can it be racist!' is just juvenile.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"It's much easier to come out as gay or trans these days than admit that you support Brexit. Inevitably there will be someone who will literally HATE you for what is a Sincerely held belief of yours and it won't take long before you are accused of being :

Thick

Racist

Xenophobic

Inbred

A Thug

Brainwashed

Uninformed

The great unwashed

Nazis/Fascists

White supremacists

Just plain evil

a) if you are going to make the clinton comparison then at least get it correct... she didn't call ALL of the trump supporters "deplorables"... she said there for a fair amount of people had attitudes she didn't agree with...

2) the threats of violence have only come from one side....... that was the side that murdered jo cox, and threatened other high profile people.... you want to see what abuse the like of anna soubry gets, of nick boles because he actually supported the deal, but his grass root party don't.......

3.... funny you mention that list.... because it reminds of something andrew gillum said to trump supporting ron desantis...

"i don't have to believe you are racist.... but if the racists think you are racist and you have their back, then you have a problem"....

and to think they top of the ERG call themselves the "grand wizards".... hmmmm.... wonder where they got that from?

do i dislike leave voters... not in the slightest...

do i believe you were conned.... abso-bloody-lutely

you were sold a vision of unicorns and getting everything you wanted without giving up a single thing, that people would just roll over for you...

and when they couldn't deliver the unicorns all the leave leaders all scarpered... they ran away because they knew they would be found out...

it took nigel farage all of 3 hrs after the official result to distance himself from the lie on the side of the big red bus.... "no my campaign! he said"

and they turkey would join the EU tomorrow and there would be hoards of them coming here.... nah

and the european army... nah....

and the boards showing all the syrian refugees coming here... scare people...

i've never deliberately voted to make my quality of life poorer ... we will all be poorer for a while....

10 yrs....

20 yrs.....

or like rees mogg said.... up to 50 yrs...

wooppee

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Do not care,if remoaners want to show there ignorance as they do on here then all I do is ignore them.

I know many remainers and did fall out with one but they came to me a week later and apologised for there stupid behaviour.I exepted there apology but sadly feel there is a barrier between us.In the main my friends are intelligent and exept that we all have different views and we discuss things calmly and without malice.Not like the thickos on here on here that our very very nasty.

"I couldn’t give a toss about what liberal wankers want to call me. As far as I’m concerned they can stick their labels where the sun don’t shine, even if I’m sure many of them would enjoy doing just that.

Do you know what irony is?

You mean labels like liberal wankers? Followed by a homophobic comment?"

I made no homophobic comment. Unless of course you believe that only gay men like sticking things up there?

Chudleigh

Thick

Racist

Xenophobic

Inbred

A Thug

Brainwashed

Uninformed

The great unwashed

Nazis/Fascists

White supremacists

Just plain evil

a) if you are going to make the clinton comparison then at least get it correct... she didn't call ALL of the trump supporters "deplorables"... she said there for a fair amount of people had attitudes she didn't agree with...

2) the threats of violence have only come from one side....... that was the side that murdered jo cox, and threatened other high profile people.... you want to see what abuse the like of anna soubry gets, of nick boles because he actually supported the deal, but his grass root party don't.......

3.... funny you mention that list.... because it reminds of something andrew gillum said to trump supporting ron desantis...

"i don't have to believe you are racist.... but if the racists think you are racist and you have their back, then you have a problem"....

and to think they top of the ERG call themselves the "grand wizards".... hmmmm.... wonder where they got that from?

you were sold a vision of unicorns and getting everything you wanted without giving up a single thing, that people would just roll over for you...

and when they couldn't deliver the unicorns all the leave leaders all scarpered... they ran away because they knew they would be found out...

it took nigel farage all of 3 hrs after the official result to distance himself from the lie on the side of the big red bus.... "no my campaign! he said"

and they turkey would join the EU tomorrow and there would be hoards of them coming here.... nah

i've never deliberately voted to make my quality of life poorer ... we will all be poorer for a while....

10 yrs....

20 yrs.....

wooppee"

With you on this Fabio, it is only the 0.01% who will gain from Brexit, the rest of us are screwed. It is astonishing that Brexiteers are still not seeing the Emperor isn’t wearing any clothes - I really wonder whether people are getting more gullible as a result of Social Media

salisbury

"

It's a shame that someone has been forced to use that as a caveat and the only reason he would have to say that is because of the constant accusations of racism from remainers, EVEN THOUGH THE EU IS 99% WHITE!

OK, replace 'racism' with 'xenophobia' if you want to be pedantic and technically correct.

Part of Brexit voting was because leavers don't want as many foreigners around. That's an undeniable fact. You can try and defend that as not being the result of prejudice, but trying to hide behind 'but they're white so how can it be racist!' is just juvenile.

"

Is xenophobia a bad thing ? I've done a bit of travelling in my time and id say I've witnessed it in what country I've been to. However no where have i seen such strong xenophobia than in our neighbours France. Yet it doesn't seem to have held them back.

By *an_WoodMan  over a year ago

Stafford

Nothing to do with sane reasons why no deal is the dumbest idea since Suez. Staggering incompetence from the Tory elite. Only now farmers have realised that tariff free imports will bankrupt them. Has gone from the promise 3 years ago of a brighter economic future to now saying it will take a decade of economic stagnation just to know what our options are.

And knock it off about remainders causing problems. Brexit would have been a fact on the 29th March but was blocked by a deluded minority in the Tory party.

Revoke article 50 is becoming the only viable option for Parliament.

By *uck-RogersMan  over a year ago

Portland

They have arrived Run to the hills.

By *he machinistMan  over a year ago

Stoke

Thick

Racist

Xenophobic

Inbred

A Thug

Brainwashed

Uninformed

The great unwashed

Nazis/Fascists

White supremacists

Just plain evil

Greatest post ever!.

Essex

Thick

Racist

Xenophobic

Inbred

A Thug

Brainwashed

Uninformed

The great unwashed

Nazis/Fascists

White supremacists

Just plain evil

Please tell me your experiences of this. .

Greatest post ever!. "

You must have read very posts then if this constitutes the greatest ever

salisbury

Thick

Racist

Xenophobic

Inbred

A Thug

Brainwashed

Uninformed

The great unwashed

Nazis/Fascists

White supremacists

Just plain evil

Greatest post ever!.

You must have read very posts then if this constitutes the greatest ever "

*few

By *he machinistMan  over a year ago

Stoke

Thick

Racist

Xenophobic

Inbred

A Thug

Brainwashed

Uninformed

The great unwashed

Nazis/Fascists

White supremacists

Just plain evil

Greatest post ever!.

You must have read very posts then if this constitutes the greatest ever "

I've read them all including all of your dross.

Essex

Thick

Racist

Xenophobic

Inbred

A Thug

Brainwashed

Uninformed

The great unwashed

Nazis/Fascists

White supremacists

Just plain evil

Greatest post ever!.

You must have read very posts then if this constitutes the greatest ever .

I've read them all including all of your dross."

In which case, your critical faculties must be sorely lacking

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

".

Several members of the EU have territories that sit outside the EU.

Think of Denmark, for example - neither Faroe nor Greenland are in the EU.

Had the UK been a more equitable union, it would have been quite possible for the two territories that voted to leave - England and Wales - to site outside the EU. Scotland, Northern Ireland and Gibraltar could remain.

".

Several members of the EU have territories that sit outside the EU.

Think of Denmark, for example - neither Faroe nor Greenland are in the EU.

Had the UK been a more equitable union, it would have been quite possible for the two territories that voted to leave - England and Wales - to site outside the EU. Scotland, Northern Ireland and Gibraltar could remain.

"

Guernsey like all our other self governing overseas territories are not part of the United Kingdom.

Only the United Kingdom is a member of the EU.

Same goes for all the other EU member states and their self governing overseas territories

Thick

Racist

Xenophobic

Inbred

A Thug

Brainwashed

Uninformed

The great unwashed

Nazis/Fascists

White supremacists

Just plain evil

. No one should face abuse for their political views. Or fear violence. But some (on both sides) will put others on that position.

However it does sound like you can get better friends. As I suspect it’s not just brexit that will bring out this side of them.

If only real life had a report button.

[Removed by poster at 21/04/19 22:48:03]

Thick

Racist

Xenophobic

Inbred

A Thug

Brainwashed

Uninformed

The great unwashed

Nazis/Fascists

White supremacists

Just plain evil

10 yrs....

20 yrs.....

wooppee"

By *or Fox SakeCouple  over a year ago

Thornaby

"

Is xenophobia a bad thing ? I've done a bit of travelling in my time and id say I've witnessed it in what country I've been to. However no where have i seen such strong xenophobia than in our neighbours France. Yet it doesn't seem to have held them back. "

Utter nonsense

Xenophobia is a horrible thing.

And stop saying " well they do it" as an excuse for behaviour that is appalling

By *on12xxMan  over a year ago

leeds

Yes its sad you can't a u want to leave u get abuse.

.that why brexit party will win by miles

"Yes its sad you can't a u want to leave u get abuse.

.that why brexit party will win by miles"

It's sad that brexiters can be racist it's sad that a woman had to die because of the hate generated by the brexiters.

These are all sad manifestations of the brexiters leave campaign.

It's even sadder that people like you deny it's happening...

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

"Yes its sad you can't a u want to leave u get abuse.

.that why brexit party will win by miles

It's sad that brexiters can be racist it's sad that a woman had to die because of the hate generated by the brexiters.

These are all sad manifestations of the brexiters leave campaign.

It's even sadder that people lik.e you deny it's happening...

"

bollox had nothing to do with brexit he was off is head and into all that before brexit was a thing.it could of easily been a man he had killed.she just so happened to be he local m.p if it hadnt of been her who was the local m.p he would of done who ever was.yea he was a white supremisist.but to say it was because of brexit s just lazy.but i dont expect anything else from you.no doubt if we get ht by asteroid that will be brexits fault aswell your just as full of shit as some of the fanatical leavers

Good thing he didn’t say anything like “keep Britain independent”’to suggest the feelings brought out by brexit didn’t play a part ...

"Good thing he didn’t say anything like “keep Britain independent”’to suggest the feelings brought out by brexit didn’t play a part ..."

The far right aren't interested in facts that don't fit their revisionist view of history...

borehamwood

far right are you calling me hahahahaha you couldnt be further from the truth.but thats about your level someone dont agree with me far right racist bigot.i think you wil find he was that way inclined for years before brexit but that dosent suit you view.but hey ho carry on bob what the fuck will you moan about once this circus is sorted one way or the other.

"far right are you calling me hahahahaha you couldnt be further from the truth.but thats about your level someone dont agree with me far right racist bigot.i think you wil find he was that way inclined for years before brexit but that dosent suit you view.but hey ho carry on bob what the fuck will you moan about once this circus is sorted one way or the other. "

Brexit has helped “legitimise” alt right views and create divisions. Are you saying it’s a coincidence this happened during the campaign against a prominent remain MP.

But let’s be clear. I’m not saying all brexiteer here. On anything close. Just it’s an enabler.

borehamwood

"far right are you calling me hahahahaha you couldnt be further from the truth.but thats about your level someone dont agree with me far right racist bigot.i think you wil find he was that way inclined for years before brexit but that dosent suit you view.but hey ho carry on bob what the fuck will you moan about once this circus is sorted one way or the other.

Brexit has helped “legitimise” alt right views and create divisions. Are you saying it’s a coincidence this happened during the campaign against a prominent remain MP.

But let’s be clear. I’m not saying all brexiteer here. On anything close. Just it’s an enabler. "

im saying if brexit hadnt even existed the prick would of still done it.you think he held those views just because of brexit? he would of just used some other thing for an excuse.and i wasnt replyi.g to you i was replying to the guy he seems to have all the answers.parliment cant seem to find a way but some bloke from fabs could sort it out in an afternoon it seems.oh and im not a leaver by the way and i dont claim to be an expert either.not my fault if people on botg sides dont have there own opinions just the ones they have been fed

I think if brexit hadnt been a thing he wouldn’t have done it. That’s just my view. Social proof goes a long way. He may have wanted to. Brexit legitimised his desires.

"far right are you calling me hahahahaha you couldnt be further from the truth.but thats about your level someone dont agree with me far right racist bigot.i think you wil find he was that way inclined for years before brexit but that dosent suit you view.but hey ho carry on bob what the fuck will you moan about once this circus is sorted one way or the other.

But let’s be clear. I’m not saying all brexiteer here. On anything close. Just it’s an enabler. "

For me anybody who attempts to say their is no connection with brexit and the murder of joe cox have an agenda to deny any rise in the far right attacking minorities and any connection to brexit.So they can legitimise their ideology into mainstream politics.

It's pathetic and transparent like water and predictable.

borehamwood

But let’s be clear. I’m not saying all brexiteer here. On anything close. Just it’s an enabler.

For me anybody who attempts to say their is no connection with brexit and the murder of joe cox have an agenda to deny any rise in the far right attacking minorities and any connection to brexit.So they can legitimise their ideology into mainstream politics.

It's pathetic and transparent like water and predictable."

you can think what you like about me bob you dont know me and i dont know you.its an opinion.you really think he wouldnt of done it if there hadnt been a vote onthe e.u??? of course he would of the bloke was and is a prick.he didnt like the liberal left thats why he done it well and the fact that he is a fucking nutcase.

It's pathetic and transparent like water and predictable."

I think it’s for them to argue their position.

I don’t think the killer did it in the name of brexit. Or feelings of anti EU. His views were more extreme. I do think brexit has allowed others to push their (non Europe) agenda with less reproach. And it’s up to all of us to detail the two. Without fear that by calling out the extreme we are making any assertions on the average leave voter.

It’s like football hooligans who don’t really like football but an association adds some kind of legitimacy their violence. We shouldn’t tar all football fans as being scum. Just stamp down on the twats.

Keywords to remember when discussing white supremacists and their brand of terrorism are.

1 Mentally ill

2 lone wolf

3 easily manipulated

4 would of happened regardless

The ultimate example of white privileged extends to terrorism.

Language is the most powerful tool to control the agenda and the narrative.

Stay woke as my American comrades say.

borehamwood

so your saying if there was no brexit it wouldnt of happend? of course it would of he was gona kill someone brexit or no brexit.and as for being a nutcase anyone whos home is stuffed full of nazi memrobilia id say aint exactly sane.just as fuckin nutty as pricks who follow isis and just as nuts as the repulican and unionist cockwombles in n.i

"so your saying if there was no brexit it wouldnt of happend? of course it would of he was gona kill someone brexit or no brexit.and as for being a nutcase anyone whos home is stuffed full of nazi memrobilia id say aint exactly sane.just as fuckin nutty as pricks who follow isis and just as nuts as the repulican and unionist cockwombles in n.i"
i think it’s less likely he would have killed. Why hasn’t he killed before the brexit campaign? You’re saying it’s coincidence. I’m not convinced.

borehamwood

one thing i will say at least you and bob argue the toss in here.just had private mail of someone as there banned from the forums.im neither leave or remain but seems to me remainers defo like throwing insults around if you dont agree with them.btw thats not directed at you ya have been very civil arguing your point of view.shame there aint more like you

Newcastle and Gateshead

"one thing i will say at least you and bob argue the toss in here.just had private mail of someone as there banned from the forums.im neither leave or remain but seems to me remainers defo like throwing insults around if you dont agree with them.btw thats not directed at you ya have been very civil arguing your point of view.shame there aint more like you"

see... the problem is that you have taken every single general criticism personally....

so... lets keep this general...

do i believe brexit has given license to embolden some people to think that views that they hold that a lot of people would consider to be extreme that they think is now normal..... absolutely

do i believe that jo cox would not have been murdered for her views and campaigning if not for the brexit campaign.... absolutely....

there has been an uptake in racial hatred incidents since the vote... and thats not something that can be denied.....

you stir up feelings of hatred, and fear and victimisation... and you let those fester...

as someone else has said, "I don't have to believe you are racist, but if the racists out there believe you are racist and you have their back.... then you have a problem!

and with every tommy robinson thread they come out, and with every ukip thread they come out, and with every brexit thread they come out, as so on and so on

Brexit and the misuse of social media and the internet has allowed the nastiest fringes of society to express fascistic opinions widely, and this has led to a normalisation of behaviours that in any first world country should be intolerable. There is a definite effect from this swing to the right and denying that link is foolish at best. There is also an argument that when you have a murderer in custody it is easier to paint him as a nutter and lock him away forever under the mental health provisions than to legitimise his behaviour by trying him as a sane human being as it absolves society of responsibility for allowing this to happen. I suppose that quite a few people had more than passing knowledge of this person and his plans to carry out the murder of his MP but they didn’t believe that he was either capable of doing it or that it would ever happen in this country. So if you wonder why remainers like me have such a distrust of leavers and their rosy eyed land of milk and honey bullshit ask yourself one thing - was what happened to Jo Cox justifiable in any way at all? Unless you are seriously damaged or socially deficient then there is none and trying to follow the lone wolf/nutter analogy is just an excuse.

borehamwood

"Brexit and the misuse of social media and the internet has allowed the nastiest fringes of society to express fascistic opinions widely, and this has led to a normalisation of behaviours that in any first world country should be intolerable. There is a definite effect from this swing to the right and denying that link is foolish at best. There is also an argument that when you have a murderer in custody it is easier to paint him as a nutter and lock him away forever under the mental health provisions than to legitimise his behaviour by trying him as a sane human being as it absolves society of responsibility for allowing this to happen. I suppose that quite a few people had more than passing knowledge of this person and his plans to carry out the murder of his MP but they didn’t believe that he was either capable of doing it or that it would ever happen in this country. So if you wonder why remainers like me have such a distrust of leavers and their rosy eyed land of milk and honey bullshit ask yourself one thing - was what happened to Jo Cox justifiable in any way at all? Unless you are seriously damaged or socially deficient then there is none and trying to follow the lone wolf/nutter analogy is just an excuse. "

I honestly believe who would of ended up killing someoned brexit or not.did I say he was mentally ill? I said he is a fucking nutjob just like all those others who kill people for watever fucked up belief they may hold.you telling me any of them are sane human beings?

By *oi_LucyCouple  over a year ago

Barbados

"Brexit and the misuse of social media and the internet has allowed the nastiest fringes of society to express fascistic opinions widely, and this has led to a normalisation of behaviours that in any first world country should be intolerable. There is a definite effect from this swing to the right and denying that link is foolish at best. There is also an argument that when you have a murderer in custody it is easier to paint him as a nutter and lock him away forever under the mental health provisions than to legitimise his behaviour by trying him as a sane human being as it absolves society of responsibility for allowing this to happen. I suppose that quite a few people had more than passing knowledge of this person and his plans to carry out the murder of his MP but they didn’t believe that he was either capable of doing it or that it would ever happen in this country. So if you wonder why remainers like me have such a distrust of leavers and their rosy eyed land of milk and honey bullshit ask yourself one thing - was what happened to Jo Cox justifiable in any way at all? Unless you are seriously damaged or socially deficient then there is none and trying to follow the lone wolf/nutter analogy is just an excuse. "

What has happened is due the *targeted* use of social media ads it has made a lot of people think some of this stuff is normal. If you see a continual stream of ads saying 'immigration is out of control' then you will start to believe it and think it is 'normal' as 'everyone else is saying it'. But they aren't. You just think they are. Because of the targeted nature of the messages you are receiving.

In most polls before the referendum only a few percent of people were concerned about the EU. Most really didn't care much either way. Then the referendum came about and in the run up people were told the EU was responsible for all their ills (even imaginary ones) and suddenly they thought the EU was the biggest issue to deal with.

-Matt

borehamwood

"one thing i will say at least you and bob argue the toss in here.just had private mail of someone as there banned from the forums.im neither leave or remain but seems to me remainers defo like throwing insults around if you dont agree with them.btw thats not directed at you ya have been very civil arguing your point of view.shame there aint more like you

see... the problem is that you have taken every single general criticism personally....

do i believe brexit has given license to embolden some people to think that views that they hold that a lot of people would consider to be extreme that they think is now normal..... absolutely

do i believe that jo cox would not have been murdered for her views and campaigning if not for the brexit campaign.... absolutely....

there has been an uptake in racial hatred incidents since the vote... and thats not something that can be denied.....

you stir up feelings of hatred, and fear and victimisation... and you let those fester...

as someone else has said, "I don't have to believe you are racist, but if the racists out there believe you are racist and you have their back.... then you have a problem!

and with every tommy robinson thread they come out, and with every ukip thread they come out, and with every brexit thread they come out, as so on and so on

"

I couldn't care less what you think i am .I know who I am and people who know me know who I am.not everyone cares what random strangers think of them.you have just answers the o.ps question this is why peeps just tune others out now.oh well be happy

"Brexit and the misuse of social media and the internet has allowed the nastiest fringes of society to express fascistic opinions widely, and this has led to a normalisation of behaviours that in any first world country should be intolerable. There is a definite effect from this swing to the right and denying that link is foolish at best. There is also an argument that when you have a murderer in custody it is easier to paint him as a nutter and lock him away forever under the mental health provisions than to legitimise his behaviour by trying him as a sane human being as it absolves society of responsibility for allowing this to happen. I suppose that quite a few people had more than passing knowledge of this person and his plans to carry out the murder of his MP but they didn’t believe that he was either capable of doing it or that it would ever happen in this country. So if you wonder why remainers like me have such a distrust of leavers and their rosy eyed land of milk and honey bullshit ask yourself one thing - was what happened to Jo Cox justifiable in any way at all? Unless you are seriously damaged or socially deficient then there is none and trying to follow the lone wolf/nutter analogy is just an excuse.

I honestly believe who would of ended up killing someoned brexit or not.did I say he was mentally ill? I said he is a fucking nutjob just like all those others who kill people for watever fucked up belief they may hold.you telling me any of them are sane human beings?"

No, what I am saying is that in cases like his it is a fuck sight easier for the powers that be to section him and lock him away forever and that also lets society (and people who knew him personally) off the hook and absolves them of any responsibility which is an argument that pisses me off. We are all responsible in our own ways for what happened and we meed to bear witness to that instead of blaming other people or saying it was inevitable.

"

In most polls before the referendum only a few percent of people were concerned about the EU. Most really didn't care much either way. Then the referendum came about and in the run up people were told the EU was responsible for all their ills (even imaginary ones) and suddenly they thought the EU was the biggest issue to deal with.

-Matt"

The mainstream media has been lying about and blaming all our ills on the EU for over 30 years.

Essex

"

-Matt

The mainstream media has been lying about and blaming all our ills on the EU for over 30 years. "

And the daft and the dangerous have lapped it up

By *ky19Man  over a year ago

Plymouth

@OP tbh yes.

I didn't vote leave at the time but I notice there is a culture, like a religion, with anyone wanting to leave regarded like a heretic.

I mentioned at work something which clearly revealed though I am for Europe - so much - I am not such a fan of the organisation the EU.

And as expected, cue the record scratch silence and everyone looking at you.

I can handle it but not everyone can. Group think and peer pressure can be incredibly powerful even in adulthood.

By *ky19Man  over a year ago

Plymouth

"Brexit and the misuse of social media and the internet has allowed the nastiest fringes of society to express fascistic opinions widely, and this has led to a normalisation of behaviours that in any first world country should be intolerable. There is a definite effect from this swing to the right and denying that link is foolish at best. There is also an argument that when you have a murderer in custody it is easier to paint him as a nutter and lock him away forever under the mental health provisions than to legitimise his behaviour by trying him as a sane human being as it absolves society of responsibility for allowing this to happen. I suppose that quite a few people had more than passing knowledge of this person and his plans to carry out the murder of his MP but they didn’t believe that he was either capable of doing it or that it would ever happen in this country. So if you wonder why remainers like me have such a distrust of leavers and their rosy eyed land of milk and honey bullshit ask yourself one thing - was what happened to Jo Cox justifiable in any way at all? Unless you are seriously damaged or socially deficient then there is none and trying to follow the lone wolf/nutter analogy is just an excuse.

I honestly believe who would of ended up killing someoned brexit or not.did I say he was mentally ill? I said he is a fucking nutjob just like all those others who kill people for watever fucked up belief they may hold.you telling me any of them are sane human beings?

No, what I am saying is that in cases like his it is a fuck sight easier for the powers that be to section him and lock him away forever and that also lets society (and people who knew him personally) off the hook and absolves them of any responsibility which is an argument that pisses me off. We are all responsible in our own ways for what happened and we meed to bear witness to that instead of blaming other people or saying it was inevitable."

Think that's a good point.

Earlier, I didn't mean to say "it's highly certain you're wrong" I meant to say "there is a fairly good chance the story we've been given about Tommy Mair has some problems" put it that way.

I have had a look into the matter and have some seeds I'd like to share for consideration but need sleep first...

Newcastle and Gateshead

"one thing i will say at least you and bob argue the toss in here.just had private mail of someone as there banned from the forums.im neither leave or remain but seems to me remainers defo like throwing insults around if you dont agree with them.btw thats not directed at you ya have been very civil arguing your point of view.shame there aint more like you

I couldn't care less what you think i am .I know who I am and people who know me know who I am.not everyone cares what random strangers think of them.you have just answers the o.ps question this is why peeps just tune others out now.oh well be happy"

and thank you from just proving the point that people can't have a decent conversation with you because you thank every single comment to be about you!!!

if at the top it said "lets keep things general" and you still manage to make it a "me me me" fest.... thats is almost narcissistic

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"I do what i want call me all the names you want i double dare anyone to say it face to face but i doubt they will take that dare up"

The doctrine of Brexit is unpleasant

Most sadly it will spread , just like the vile viral disease it is , it is an infection, a ball of putrid pus upon humanity,

Who ever perpetuates the virus is either an infected puss ball ( metaphor for unwanted irritation that is potentially harmful) or complicit with its manufacture

Thick

Racist

Xenophobic

Inbred

A Thug

Brainwashed

Uninformed

The great unwashed

Nazis/Fascists

White supremacists

Just plain evil

Yes I have had to keep quiet in the company of some of my extended family who believe in brexit and have patronised and abused me for disagreeing with them so don’t imagine that this is a one sided issue. Playing the victim is always a dubious starting point for a debate as your motivation for currying favour with your Brexiteer pals becomes antagonistic rather than an open debate. I know a few people of other genders who have viewpoints that I disagree with but I still manage to find a workable compromise to spending time in their company even if that means keeping my opinions quiet.

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

It is strange that somehow those who support a group that already have 1 high profile political murder to their name and many race hate crimes being attributed to them, who have leaders who regularly us inflammatory language to intimidate their opposition including calling them traitors, claiming that there will be mass civil unrest and in the case of one that he will take up arms against those who don't agree with him if he does not get his way, now seem to think they are the ones who need to hide their allegiances because the nasty remoaners (as they call those who do not share their love of brexit) might call them nasty names like stupid, benighted or Nazis. Surely if anything it is those who support remaining in the EU who should be the ones seriously considering going underground and only making their feelings known in the privacy of the polling booth.

I sort of expect that this will have been said by someone already in this thread but not having been on line over the BH I am not up to date with the forum but felt that this needed saying regardless of how many times it has already been said. Anyway it's just my view and counts for little or nothing.

By *on12xxMan  over a year ago

leeds

Every one needs to calm down

More important things in life.

All you preachers on here do you

Every volunteer in hospital or hospice

Do you do anything for

Good..

2 points

Al you need is love

Give peace a chance

"Every one needs to calm down

More important things in life.

All you preachers on here do you

Every volunteer in hospital or hospice

Do you do anything for

Good..

2 points

Al you need is love

Give peace a chance"

When you realise we are one people on a little blue ball .Youll get your love while you sow the seeds of division and hate you'll reap what you sow.

By *an_WoodMan  over a year ago

Stafford

The press need to chill too. Local express & star paper had lost any semblance of objective reporting to attack the local MP. You can see how easily it can turn ugly when idiots take it as a cue. I wouldn't vote for that mp but there is no attempt to look at the other side of what is an internal quarrel of the Tory party.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Threads like this seem to be telling a false narrative given the well documented rise in racist abuse and attacks post the referendum..

That does not before anyone falls off their chaise lounge, mean that I think all those who voted to leave are of that mindset or would and did act in that way but that it did happen can only point to the strongly held belief that some racists felt emboldened after the vote..

And on here it has only been again a minority of those who say they voted leave who have spoken the language of hatred and division but language at times has been common on here from some such as wanting to spit on remain voters, wanting to see refugees drown instead of reaching the EU or the UK, vile nonsense as wanting to machine gun immigrants if they cross the channel, lacing up their kicking boots to march on Parliament etc..

So to once again see a thread entitled thus is just smoke and mirrors IMHO..

By *bandjam91Couple  over a year ago

London

Where the f*ck did you get that statistic from?

Chudleigh

Thick

Racist

Xenophobic

Inbred

A Thug

Brainwashed

Uninformed

The great unwashed

Nazis/Fascists

White supremacists

Just plain evil

Surely your best bet is to disavow the rascist, homophobic, misogynistic people who seem to flock to the far right and Brexit? If you hide then they are the only examples the rest of us see...

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

Thick

Racist

Xenophobic

Inbred

A Thug

Brainwashed

Uninformed

The great unwashed

Nazis/Fascists

White supremacists

Just plain evil

I've stopped posting in the Politics forum, not through fear, but because there is only so many times you can be shouted down and insulted before you give up.

I don't know all the answers, but then neither do the remainers, they have an opinion, and I have an opinion.

I guess I thought that I could emulate in here what happens when I go out with my mates, we drink, we discuss, we swap views, we even argue... but we buy each other drinks, there are no raised angry voices, banging of tables or name-calling... even when we get d*unk its still good-natured, and at the end of the night we are still good friends, who respect each others views.

Guess again Mart...guess again.

Thick

Racist

Xenophobic

Inbred

A Thug

Brainwashed

Uninformed

The great unwashed

Nazis/Fascists

White supremacists

Just plain evil

I've stopped posting in the Politics forum, not through fear, but because there is only so many times you can be shouted down and insulted before you give up.

I don't know all the answers, but then neither do the remainers, they have an opinion, and I have an opinion.

I guess I thought that I could emulate in here what happens when I go out with my mates, we drink, we discuss, we swap views, we even argue... but we buy each other drinks, there are no raised angry voices, banging of tables or name-calling... even when we get d*unk its still good-natured, and at the end of the night we are still good friends, who respect each others views.

"

Thick

Racist

Xenophobic

Inbred

A Thug

Brainwashed

Uninformed

The great unwashed

Nazis/Fascists

White supremacists

Just plain evil

"

It's a shame you've had this experience.

My observation is the forums have a wider range of people than my friend circle. Not in views. But in how they communicate and way they debate. And it is eye-opening how personal some can be. Or vitriolic. Or nasty. (not looking at one side here).

While it's frustrating, it gives me a better idea of motivations and context for voting.

im saying if brexit hadnt even existed the prick would of still done it.you think he held those views just because of brexit? he would of just used some other thing for an excuse.and i wasnt replyi.g to you i was replying to the guy he seems to have all the answers.parliment cant seem to find a way but some bloke from fabs could sort it out in an afternoon it seems.oh and im not a leaver by the way and i dont claim to be an expert either.not my fault if people on botg sides dont have there own opinions just the ones they have been fed"

He was and still is a dangerous lunatic that nobody wanted anything to do with. I’m told that the police were desperate to link him to several nationalist groups, but came up empty handed. Then National Action made the stupid decision to publicly support his wickedness, and that was the end of them.

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

Thick

Racist

Xenophobic

Inbred

A Thug

Brainwashed

Uninformed

The great unwashed

Nazis/Fascists

White supremacists

Just plain evil

It's a shame you've had this experience.

My observation is the forums have a wider range of people than my friend circle. Not in views. But in how they communicate and way they debate. And it is eye-opening how personal some can be. Or vitriolic. Or nasty. (not looking at one side here).

While it's frustrating, it gives me a better idea of motivations and context for voting. "

I've "debated" various subjects on here over the years, and sometimes things have got heated on both sides, but I've never received such hate mail and insults as when I've posted in the politics forum, I actually think that Admin should delete the whole Politics forum and ban anyone from discussing it.

A wise old relative once told me "If you want to stay friends with someone, never discuss religion or politics with them", and I have to agree, nothing is more likely to spoil a friendship.

It depends how seriously you take the forums. I've ruffled a few feathers over the years and had a bit of aggro sent my way but....0.0 fucks given. If someone sends abusive fabmail then block or report. Never take stuff to heart. It aint as if stuff said here will make a difference in the real world nor will you change anyone's mind about stuff. Just a bit of craic as we say in Ireland

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Newbury

Re: the OP. No.

I'm perfectly able to express my opinion and make my argument for it.

I don't fear disagreement.

Yes you do!

"It depends how seriously you take the forums. I've ruffled a few feathers over the years and had a bit of aggro sent my way but....0.0 fucks given. If someone sends abusive fabmail then block or report. Never take stuff to heart. It aint as if stuff said here will make a difference in the real world nor will you change anyone's mind about stuff. Just a bit of craic as we say in Ireland "

It's all water off a ducks back .Weve all had abusive emails it's part and parcel of it.I agree with popster.

Well bugger me with a dolphin friendly stick of uranium!! Bob agrees with me? I'd check the sky for 2 moons.....but all this smog is obscuring my view!!

Feel the love bob...feel the love

By *laytimenowMan  over a year ago

Essex

Thick

Racist

Xenophobic

Inbred

A Thug

Brainwashed

Uninformed

The great unwashed

Nazis/Fascists

White supremacists

Just plain evil

Was it the Left or Remain who murdered Joe Cox ?

You’re trying to wriggle out of your original wording! Where have we seen that before? Hmmm that’s right. Something about £350m.....350m? Whats that im not wriggling facts are facts yeah likly they endup starfishing the pavement but thats the chance you take isnt it

I’d give in now mate.

I speak from the real world the working class council estate world where you gotta fight for every penny thats why i wont be told yes im uneducated but i aint stupid i got eyes "

Funniest thing I’ve read in a while. Cos uve got eyes ur not stupid . I beg to differ Rambo lol

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Newbury

"Yes you do! "

Oh no I don't!

(Is it pantomime season already?)

Oh no it isn't!!

Ok that's enuff

By *100Man  over a year ago

Essex

Na fuck them I'm out and anyway the world is going to end in 10 years anyway so they say so lets have some fun and bugger each other silly

» Add a new message to this topic