FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > EU elections this is how it is now

EU elections this is how it is now

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *bernath OP   Couple  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

This is how I see it

I think for the european elections its going to be farage’s brexit part. It definately the home of leave voters and people will support that, UKIP now are the new BNP, and a bunch of vile sickos, they are irrelevant now.

The remainers need a unity remain party which all political parties who support remain get behind. Thats the challenge, Labour needs to realise that its not about political ideology in the european elections is a binary choice, it should think in the national interest and be part of a political coalition.

The tories have played a blinder, by not canvassing for the EU elections, they have given Farage a free pass to pick up tory voters.

So if this is a soft referendum, Farage will win, this will be due to the failure of the remain parties to unify around a coalition party for remainers.

What was the slogan? Better together?

I will say this, leavers are more unified than remainers.

Can anyone provide me with a opposing view?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *he machinistMan  over a year ago

Stoke

I think your underestimating ukip support.

I will put them a close second to the brexit party providing they can field candidates in every constituency.

By *bernath OP   Couple  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

"I think your underestimating ukip support.

I will put them a close second to the brexit party providing they can field candidates in every constituency."

Probably, but put it this way Farage was the main attraction, I think many ex kippers would be going with him. I think being associated with them now leaves a sour taste in many leavers mouth now.

By *he machinistMan  over a year ago

Stoke

"I think your underestimating ukip support.

I will put them a close second to the brexit party providing they can field candidates in every constituency.

Probably, but put it this way Farage was the main attraction, I think many ex kippers would be going with him. I think being associated with them now leaves a sour taste in many leavers mouth now."

Unfortunately or fortunately depending on your perspective voting is secret.

They will vote for ukip because being honest most people have had enough of immigration and ukip are the party that actually actively promote lowering it.

The Tories are close to being finished they're neither conservative,the low tax party or a brexit party.

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

"

"

Yes. It's a all bollocks

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"

Yes. It's a all bollocks

"

Ha! ha! haaa!!!

Stop it, wee laddie! ye killin' me....!!!

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

"This is how I see it

I think for the european elections its going to be farage’s brexit part. It definately the home of leave voters and people will support that, UKIP now are the new BNP, and a bunch of vile sickos, they are irrelevant now.

The remainers need a unity remain party which all political parties who support remain get behind. Thats the challenge, Labour needs to realise that its not about political ideology in the european elections is a binary choice, it should think in the national interest and be part of a political coalition.

The tories have played a blinder, by not canvassing for the EU elections, they have given Farage a free pass to pick up tory voters.

So if this is a soft referendum, Farage will win, this will be due to the failure of the remain parties to unify around a coalition party for remainers.

"

Anger and fear of foreigners will always win.

It's an easy message.

If Labour moves officially to a second referendum they will do very well.

It depends on turnout though.

It will give a good indication as to how strongly people really feel about the EU.

A larger turnout but not that big. Driven by the young and the old.

UKIPs vote will indicate how acceptable open racism has become.

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Newbury

"This is how I see it

It's an easy message.

It will give a good indication as to how strongly people really feel about the EU.

UKIPs vote will indicate how acceptable open racism has become."

UKIPs vote share has fallen through the floor since the creation of the "BREXIT Party", presumably partly to do with Batten filling the party with the absolute dregs of humanity, managing to destroy any female support they had in one genuis stroke.

Labour's policy is still to implement BREXIT, and they have returned to a comfortable lead in the polls after Farage's upsurge.

TIG have vocally ruled out any collaboration between them and the Lib dems or greens, because they are the "new politics", apparently and as such are unique. Or something. Obviously, outside of the Euro elections, they will prop up May in any VONC, because they want to keep their seats.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"This is how I see it

It's an easy message.

UKIPs vote share has fallen through the floor since the creation of the "BREXIT Party", presumably partly to do with Batten filling the party with the absolute dregs of humanity, managing to destroy any female support they had in one genuis stroke.

Labour's policy is still to implement BREXIT, and they have returned to a comfortable lead in the polls after Farage's upsurge.

TIG have vocally ruled out any collaboration between them and the Lib dems or greens, because they are the "new politics", apparently and as such are unique. Or something. Obviously, outside of the Euro elections, they will prop up May in any VONC, because they want to keep their seats. "

Yeah the lack of ability to lead and talk genuine compromise has put me off the TIG lot.

Listening to them, but still leaning lib dem.

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Newbury

"This is how I see it

It's an easy message.

TIG have vocally ruled out any collaboration between them and the Lib dems or greens, because they are the "new politics", apparently and as such are unique. Or something. Obviously, outside of the Euro elections, they will prop up May in any VONC, because they want to keep their seats.

Yeah the lack of ability to lead and talk genuine compromise has put me off the TIG lot.

Listening to them, but still leaning lib dem."

They've just decided to stand BoJos sister in the Euros.

Apparently, if a leave figure replaces May, there will be a lot more Tory defections.

By *wosmilersCouple  over a year ago

Heathrowish

I think that it is slightly delusional when someone believes that either of the big two parties will be permanently damaged by their current inadequacies.

One bad election doesn't kill a party.

These smaller fringe players will make a lot of noise and temporarily pick up support but within 10 years, they will amount to a Trivial Pursuit question, having either been absorbed into an existing party or dissolved through lack of long term support.

» Add a new message to this topic