FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > I know this will make me unpopular but...

I know this will make me unpopular but...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *rumpyMcFuckNugget OP   Man  over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

How come the guy who threw a milkshake over Nigel gets arrested for common assault .

The guy who threw a milkshake over Tommy Robinson, nothing , nada , zip, fuck all.

Wether you like Tommy or not , this is one rule for one and one for another . Anyone on a campaign trail should be given the same legal rights as anyone else .

And rioters( not Tommy's supporters )at his rally in Oldham threw bricks and stones at families , and even stabbed a young boy of 7. So how come you dont see that this in the news . I'm fully aware this may make me unpopular but someone has to point this out

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

And the guy who hit Corbyn with an egg got month in jail...rightly so.

Doesn't the victim have to press charges. Isn't that what the victim has to do ?

Sorry if for my ignorance but not sure what the law is on this.

By *arlomaleMan  over a year ago

darlington

"How come the guy who threw a milkshake over Nigel gets arrested for common assault .

The guy who threw a milkshake over Tommy Robinson, nothing , nada , zip, fuck all.

Wether you like Tommy or not , this is one rule for one and one for another . Anyone on a campaign trail should be given the same legal rights as anyone else .

And rioters( not Tommy's supporters )at his rally in Oldham threw bricks and stones at families , and even stabbed a young boy of 7. So how come you dont see that this in the news . I'm fully aware this may make me unpopular but someone has to point this out "

because it was tommy Robinson it’s ok

Den of Iniquity

"How come the guy who threw a milkshake over Nigel gets arrested for common assault .

And rioters( not Tommy's supporters )at his rally in Oldham threw bricks and stones at families , and even stabbed a young boy of 7. So how come you dont see that this in the news . I'm fully aware this may make me unpopular but someone has to point this out because it was tommy Robinson it’s ok "

Oh yes of course

My guess is because Tommy retaliated. Or maybe because it was part of a confrontation. So the context was slightly different.

By *arlomaleMan  over a year ago

darlington

And rioters( not Tommy's supporters )at his rally in Oldham threw bricks and stones at families , and even stabbed a young boy of 7. So how come you dont see that this in the news . I'm fully aware this may make me unpopular but someone has to point this out because it was tommy Robinson it’s ok Oh yes of course "

could of been worse it could of been an egg

Den of Iniquity

And rioters( not Tommy's supporters )at his rally in Oldham threw bricks and stones at families , and even stabbed a young boy of 7. So how come you dont see that this in the news . I'm fully aware this may make me unpopular but someone has to point this out because it was tommy Robinson it’s ok Oh yes of course could of been worse it could of been an egg "

ok

No secret conspiracy there - its the difference between an unprovoked attack with no retaliation and a provocation with a few retaliatory punches thrown in for good measure - think random unexpected assault compared to verbal confrontation turning into a punch up.

"No secret conspiracy there - its the difference between an unprovoked attack with no retaliation and a provocation with a few retaliatory punches thrown in for good measure - think random unexpected assault compared to verbal confrontation turning into a punch up. "

That's rubbish, common assault,when a person intentionally or recklessly causes another to apprehend the immediate infliction of unlawful force. It carries a maximum penalty of six months in prison and/or a fine.

The only defence for common assault is if you fear from being attacked but seen as this chap actually followed Lennon around for hours that is no defence.

Lennon's "retaliatory punches" as you described them would fit into a defence for his common assault to the other chap.

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

And rioters( not Tommy's supporters )at his rally in Oldham threw bricks and stones at families , and even stabbed a young boy of 7. So how come you dont see that this in the news . I'm fully aware this may make me unpopular but someone has to point this out "

Nigel Farage has said that he would press charges whereas (presumably) Yaxley-Lennon has not.

Den of Iniquity

And rioters( not Tommy's supporters )at his rally in Oldham threw bricks and stones at families , and even stabbed a young boy of 7. So how come you dont see that this in the news . I'm fully aware this may make me unpopular but someone has to point this out

Nigel Farage has said that he would press charges whereas (presumably) Yaxley-Lennon has not. "

If that is the case, then that tells you a lot

"Nigel Farage has said that he would press charges whereas (presumably) Yaxley-Lennon has not. "

You've been watching too many American police shows, that means nothing over here.

Obviously it helps if the victim co-operates with an investigation, but it's up to the Police and the CPS/Procurator Fiscal whether or not to bring charges and take it court.

By *uxinteriorMan  over a year ago

south west , continental

Robinson love him or hate him is public enemy number one. The Oldham campaign rally was held on a predominantly white housing estate to avoid trouble from the usual sensitive areas. The police lead a 200/300 strong balaclava wearing Muslem defence league gang from Halifax right into the rally. Let's ask ourselves a question here who instigated the violence, who threw the bottles, eggs and scissors? How did the Msm report it? I watched both videos from either side and it truly is shocking that the police were complicit in this premeditated attack on people trying to avoid confrontation with their families, women and children.

Den of Iniquity

"Nigel Farage has said that he would press charges whereas (presumably) Yaxley-Lennon has not.

You've been watching too many American police shows, that means nothing over here.

Obviously it helps if the victim co-operates with an investigation, but it's up to the Police and the CPS/Procurator Fiscal whether or not to bring charges and take it court. "

Den of Iniquity

"Robinson love him or hate him is public enemy number one. The Oldham campaign rally was held on a predominantly white housing estate to avoid trouble from the usual sensitive areas. The police lead a 200/300 strong balaclava wearing Muslem defence league gang from Halifax right into the rally. Let's ask ourselves a question here who instigated the violence, who threw the bottles, eggs and scissors? How did the Msm report it? I watched both videos from either side and it truly is shocking that the police were complicit in this premeditated attack on people trying to avoid confrontation with their families, women and children. "
Yep

"No secret conspiracy there - its the difference between an unprovoked attack with no retaliation and a provocation with a few retaliatory punches thrown in for good measure - think random unexpected assault compared to verbal confrontation turning into a punch up.

That's rubbish, common assault,when a person intentionally or recklessly causes another to apprehend the immediate infliction of unlawful force. It carries a maximum penalty of six months in prison and/or a fine.

The only defence for common assault is if you fear from being attacked but seen as this chap actually followed Lennon around for hours that is no defence.

Lennon's "retaliatory punches" as you described them would fit into a defence for his common assault to the other chap."

Well I cant vouch for the whole story because I wasn't there and neither I suspect were you! I am not condoning what happened because its not right that common assault should be part of daily life but Yaxley-Lennon is more than happy to bypass the legal system when he is rabble rousing so if the

police don't rush to his aid when he is spluttering his bile in someone’s face and they throw a milkshake over him than I guess thats fair game. Personal space should never be invaded like that as it provokes basic reactions which in this case were pretty harmless. I guess they were maybe taking John Prescott as a past example although in that case as in Jeremy Corbyns case they were elected members of parliament rather than candidates. Perhaps the police have a greater responsibility to protect MPs rather than commoners?

"No secret conspiracy there - its the difference between an unprovoked attack with no retaliation and a provocation with a few retaliatory punches thrown in for good measure - think random unexpected assault compared to verbal confrontation turning into a punch up.

Lennon's "retaliatory punches" as you described them would fit into a defence for his common assault to the other chap.

Well I cant vouch for the whole story because I wasn't there and neither I suspect were you! I am not condoning what happened because its not right that common assault should be part of daily life but Yaxley-Lennon is more than happy to bypass the legal system when he is rabble rousing so if the

police don't rush to his aid when he is spluttering his bile in someone’s face and they throw a milkshake over him than I guess thats fair game. Personal space should never be invaded like that as it provokes basic reactions which in this case were pretty harmless. I guess they were maybe taking John Prescott as a past example although in that case as in Jeremy Corbyns case they were elected members of parliament rather than candidates. Perhaps the police have a greater responsibility to protect MPs rather than commoners? "

No your still wrong in the eyes of the law I'm afraid.

I wasn't there but I have seen the video, Lennon broke no laws, that chap clearly did, John Prescott hitting his attacker (he threw the egg) was defence from him being common assaulted by the egg thrower, corbyn didn't retaliate(but if he had he would have had a defence) but his attacker was seized and got a month in prison for commonly assaulting Corbyn.

If your capable of walking away like this chap clearly was then his defence was to do just that and not commonly assault Lennon although if he wanted he could use it to lower his sentence as an aggregating factor in his actions.

By *wosmilersCouple  over a year ago

Heathrowish

While I do like to see politicians humiliated, I really do not believe that throwing food at them is acceptable and in many cases has the opposite effect to what was desired by the person delivering.....

"While I do like to see politicians humiliated, I really do not believe that throwing food at them is acceptable and in many cases has the opposite effect to what was desired by the person delivering....."

That I do agree with but I find it difficult to find a defence for either yaxley-lennon or his “attacker” as whatever the legal opinions on here are common sense would tell you that both parties were at fault and that it would be a waste of the courts time to take the matter further.

I like how because it's happening to certain types it's now an issue, yet throwing food at politicians has been a long time act. But because the right are getting hit, there's more calls for assault.

"While I do like to see politicians humiliated, I really do not believe that throwing food at them is acceptable and in many cases has the opposite effect to what was desired by the person delivering.....

That I do agree with but I find it difficult to find a defence for either yaxley-lennon or his “attacker” as whatever the legal opinions on here are common sense would tell you that both parties were at fault and that it would be a waste of the courts time to take the matter further. "

No I'm afraid your still using mob mentality to dissect something that's very clearly unlawful and should be punished.

I looked for a previous thread from a right winger saying the guy that threw the egg should be let off as Corbyn deserved it and I couldn't find one, if I did I'd have posted the same on there.

"I like how because it's happening to certain types it's now an issue, yet throwing food at politicians has been a long time act. But because the right are getting hit, there's more calls for assault. "

That's not true, it's been illegal to cajole, harass or assault candidates while campaigning since before you were born and for obvious reasons.

"While I do like to see politicians humiliated, I really do not believe that throwing food at them is acceptable and in many cases has the opposite effect to what was desired by the person delivering.....

That I do agree with but I find it difficult to find a defence for either yaxley-lennon or his “attacker” as whatever the legal opinions on here are common sense would tell you that both parties were at fault and that it would be a waste of the courts time to take the matter further. .

No I'm afraid your still using mob mentality to dissect something that's very clearly unlawful and should be punished.

I looked for a previous thread from a right winger saying the guy that threw the egg should be let off as Corbyn deserved it and I couldn't find one, if I did I'd have posted the same on there.

"

I seem to remember a couple of posts about that so the fact that you cant find one is perhaps just muddying the waters to maintain your moral high ground?

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

"Nigel Farage has said that he would press charges whereas (presumably) Yaxley-Lennon has not.

Obviously it helps if the victim co-operates with an investigation, but it's up to the Police and the CPS/Procurator Fiscal whether or not to bring charges and take it court. "

Hmm No.

Last night on Sky News it was reported that Nigel Farage had confirmed that he was pressing charges. As I recall a neighbour of ours who was assaulted by a d*unk also opted to press charges - he didn’t have to.

Obviously it helps if the victim co-operates with an investigation, but it's up to the Police and the CPS/Procurator Fiscal whether or not to bring charges and take it court.

Hmm No.

Last night on Sky News it was reported that Nigel Farage had confirmed that he was pressing charges. As I recall a neighbour of ours who was assaulted by a d*unk also opted to press charges - he didn’t have to."

https://twitter.com/BPTC_Lecturer/status/1130541204058365953?s=19

Hmm No.

Last night on Sky News it was reported that Nigel Farage had confirmed that he was pressing charges. As I recall a neighbour of ours who was assaulted by a d*unk also opted to press charges - he didn’t have to.

https://twitter.com/BPTC_Lecturer/status/1130541204058365953?s=19"

Yes I thought that if he chooses not to press charges the case would probably get dropped as let's face it, although it would be bloody annoying to have a milk shake tipped over you it is just that. " Bloody annoying", and in some way NF would make himself look better if he asked for it to be quietly dropped as a waste of police time. Somehow I doubt if that is the case as he comes across as a pompous nerdy, type.

Hmm No.

Last night on Sky News it was reported that Nigel Farage had confirmed that he was pressing charges. As I recall a neighbour of ours who was assaulted by a d*unk also opted to press charges - he didn’t have to."

You don't need it to prosecute or arrest but if you need the plaintiffs help it could seriously hinder making a case.

If the whole thing was caught on tape you probably could make a good case regardless of wether you have the plaintiff or not.

That I do agree with but I find it difficult to find a defence for either yaxley-lennon or his “attacker” as whatever the legal opinions on here are common sense would tell you that both parties were at fault and that it would be a waste of the courts time to take the matter further. .

I seem to remember a couple of posts about that so the fact that you cant find one is perhaps just muddying the waters to maintain your moral high ground? "

I can't help that it only shows thread titles and not posts.

Breaking the law is not an opinion,I once had a guy tell me he didn't think 82 on the motorway was a problem especially when it was empty and I half agreed with him, he still got a ticket

Wouldn't he just get the lesser charge of causing some sort of public order offence and a thingy whatsit caution thingy though if the victim decided not to press charges. If I was NF I would not give this man any more publicity.

Maybe that is what he will decide and maybe we'll all think a little more highly of him. Just a thought. I doubt it though. I don't think NF has it in him.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Because Farage pressed charges,it is common assault

» Add a new message to this topic