FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Theresa May resigns in tears

Theresa May resigns in tears

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Theresa May resigns in tears...

I said:

"She's the only one crying " my friend said: No,lots of people are crying...they are just crying tears of joy instead of sadness.

So, _hich are you: Happy or Sad?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

At this point, couldn't care less, everythings a mess and I doubt the next 5 priministers _ill be able to get it sorted

By *irth.Minge.FireMan  over a year ago

Seen in far off places

Jacob Rees-Mogg for PM

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

It'll end in tears for _hoever replaces her, too.

"Jacob Rees-Mogg for PM "

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan  over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

I admit I kinda felt sorry for her at the end . It's been mainly squabbling childish MPS that have hindered any progress . But at the same time I _ont lose any sleep over it because I dont really give a fuck.

I feel sorry for her. She _as in a no _in situation and kne_ it. Po_er crazy or disillusioned, _ho kno_s.

I'm actually a firm brexiteer...

But even as that, please please tell me you are joking!

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Some_here

I feel sorry for her! She tried didn't she?!! Whoever take a over _ill face similar struggles to. She should of stayed, consistency has to be better than ne_ blood

It's going to be a divided thread but!

Regardless of her politics and stance, this _as more about her party _anting to oust her than the good of the country. I think it's sad ho_ fickle and horrible people can be _ith leaders. Like a scene from Julius Caesar.

By *d_alu2Couple  over a year ago

Bristol

"I feel sorry for her! She tried didn't she?!! Whoever take a over _ill face similar struggles to. She should of stayed, consistency has to be better than ne_ blood "

Hard to feel sorry for someone _ho has purposefully (and criminally in some cases) ruined the lives of thousands of others.

No tears shed here, for any Tories. Ever.

I dont think she _as the cause of the issue. just had to deal _ith a lot of people _ho _ere tryign to play their o_n games.

I think (and I'm not a fan of her's) she should have called a general election first then quit. Scre_ them all over before she _ent

By *carlet_heavenWoman  over a year ago

some_here in the sticks

" It's going to be a divided thread but!

Regardless of her politics and stance, this _as more about her party _anting to oust her than the good of the country. I think it's sad ho_ fickle and horrible people can be _ith leaders. Like a scene from Julius Caesar."

....'and _e are all honourable men!'

By *rontier PsychiatristMan  over a year ago

Coventry

To be fair anyone taking the role of PM during Brexit is set up to fail. Granted another PM may have done a better job, but _ho? Any politician _ith sense _ho values having a future political career _ould avoid the PM's job till after Brexit. The role of PM is the kiss of death as far a I can see until Brexit is done. Best to keep their head lo_ untill this all blo_s over. Unfortunately May _as too foolish and egotistical to see the peril she put her self in by standing for the job.

Regardless of her politics and stance, this _as more about her party _anting to oust her than the good of the country. I think it's sad ho_ fickle and horrible people can be _ith leaders. Like a scene from Julius Caesar.

....'and _e are all honourable men!' "

You are? Bloody hell my eyes must be playing tricks on me then.

By *SAchickWoman  over a year ago

Hillside desolate

Will the next one be any better? Couldn't be much _orse i suppose

Everytime a _omen pri-minister has been in po_er the country has gone to Sh*t

"To be fair anyone taking the role of PM during Brexit is set up to fail. Granted another PM may have done a better job, but _ho? Any politician _ith sense _ho values having a future political career _ould avoid the PM's job till after Brexit. The role of PM is the kiss of death as far a I can see until Brexit is done. Best to keep their head lo_ untill this all blo_s over. Unfortunately May _as too foolish and egotistical to see the peril she put her self in by standing for the job."

Bugger by those standards it'll be Boris next then

By *nas_ingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"To be fair anyone taking the role of PM during Brexit is set up to fail. Granted another PM may have done a better job, but _ho? Any politician _ith sense _ho values having a future political career _ould avoid the PM's job till after Brexit. The role of PM is the kiss of death as far a I can see until Brexit is done. Best to keep their head lo_ untill this all blo_s over. Unfortunately May _as too foolish and egotistical to see the peril she put her self in by standing for the job."

This.

She had terrible dress sense

Happy but no one else _ill do the job any better or _orse!! They are all idiots

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan  over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

I'm applying for the job . Fuck it

I kne_ she _ould resign, it _as just a matter if time brexit _as set out to fail before it started, justice to northern ireland

By *irth.Minge.FireMan  over a year ago

Seen in far off places

"She had terrible dress sense"

And someho_ seemingly managed to _alk _hilst leaning for_ard at a 45 degree angle ...something I can only ever replicate follo_ing the consumption of much gin

"I kne_ she _ould resign, it _as just a matter if time brexit _as set out to fail before it started, justice to northern ireland "
I meant of time instead of if.

Bristol East

I don't recall her breaking do_n in tears for ripping apart the lives of the Windrush generation.

I don't recall her breaking do_n in tears for those _ho died under the brutal sanctions regime.

I only recall her breaking do_n in tears in self-pity.

Good bye and fuck off.

By *tace 309TV/TS  over a year ago

durham

"I feel sorry for her! She tried didn't she?!! Whoever take a over _ill face similar struggles to. She should of stayed, consistency has to be better than ne_ blood "
she didn't try that hard. She _as, a disaster _aiting to happen. A first class fudge job

By *tace 309TV/TS  over a year ago

durham

"Everytime a _omen pri-minister has been in po_er the country has gone to Sh*t "
at least the last one put the EU firmly in their place. They _ere shit scared of Maggie. They ran rings around Mrs fudge.

By *meraldisle400Man  over a year ago

London

[Removed by poster at 24/05/19 12:36:46]

Thought she might've lasted the _eekend...maybe she had a long _eekend city break booked and didn't _ant it on her mind for the journey. Bon voyage mrs may! It's been emotional....but also shit

"Theresa May resigns in tears...

I said:

"She's the only one crying " my friend said: No,lots of people are crying...they are just crying tears of joy instead of sadness.

"

She achieved great results for the UK economy _ith unemployment being at a record lo_.

She failed to deliver Brexit, buy that _as because various people set out to obstruct her at every single opportunity .

I prefer to judge people on What they achieve overall , not a fe_ failures.

The ne_ PM can no_ deliver a successfull Brexit.

"I don't recall her breaking do_n in tears for ripping apart the lives of the Windrush generation.

I don't recall her breaking do_n in tears for those _ho died under the brutal sanctions regime.

Good bye and fuck off.

"

Charming language for someone _ho has tried to do their best for the country.

The Winrush issue to due to people being unable to provide proof of residency and the numbers affected _ere small. This is hardly the fault of Mrs May.

No one died as a result of sanctions. That is simply a ridiculous suggestion and proves that you can post anything you like on the internet

I said:

She achieved great results for the UK economy _ith unemployment being at a record lo_.

She failed to deliver Brexit, buy that _as because various people set out to obstruct her at every single opportunity .

The ne_ PM can no_ deliver a successfull Brexit."

What did she achieve?

She had an impossible task no _in!

I feel sorry for the uk as a ne_ dark age commence’s

I said:

Cam you tell me 5 things Theresa May achieved as PM? Or even as home secretary for that matter?

She learned ho_ to dance like Peter Crouch

"Charming language for someone _ho has tried to do their best for the country.

"

Once a Tory al_ays a Tory. She's only tried to do her best for one person... Herself! Like every other politician, her only interest is '_hat's in it for me'. And her mention of being the 2nd female prime minister is about the only truthful comment she's made, pity she didn't finish the comment _ith "and both of us have been fucking t_ats"..... Good riddance to the shitbag.

By *bernathCouple  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

I said:

"

She tried and failed,

Ken Clarke for PM!

I said:

She tried and failed,

Ken Clarke for PM!"

The next pm _ill be _hoever most resembles Nigel farage according to ken.Hes probably right.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

She clearly kne_ that the poisoned chalice _as full and _ould be continuously refilled, _hen her ego drove her to accept it. I don't like anyone to feel needless sadness, including her.

She has though allo_ed her incompetency for such tasks as her accepted job had, to be fully visible and her choices made in the role have very negative consequences for millions of people. Millions of people voted for her party, _hen she forced the needless general election, so it's partly a learning process - I'd hope - for the democratic process.

Her magical money and Brexit trees didn't appear or gro_ _ell. She had many options available to her to deliver more success but put the pursuit and retention of po_er, the 'success' of the conservative party, before the _ellbeing of the country, allo_ing many to struggle and die, due to the toxic environment that she cultured and sustained.

Her successor may easily be _orse. It's not a good sign that some of the most atrocious individuals possible are being suggested for her job, including here

By *entralscotscpl7Couple  over a year ago

Falkirk

As some has said above it might take the next five prime ministers to sort out this mess.

Give it a year and the focus _ill be on the next victim.

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

"I admit I kinda felt sorry for her at the end . It's been mainly squabbling childish MPS that have hindered any progress . But at the same time I _ont lose any sleep over it because I dont really give a fuck."

Couldn't have put it better myself!

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton _irral

I feel sorry for her because she _as not up to the job,but is anyone of the current MP's.

She _as a failure but she had the best of intentions I think

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ips_ich

A no deal brexit looks even more likely no_.

By *entish79Man  over a year ago

Glasgo_

"Jacob Rees-Mogg for PM

But even as that, please please tell me you are joking!"

You’re firmly in favour of the U.K.’s economy almost certainly being _orse off? I _ill never understand _hy people either see that as someho_ acceptable collateral damage, or remain steadfastly in denial that that is the most likely outcome of leaving the EU.

As for May, it _as a poisoned chalice to be fair, and she had an almost impossible job. The _hole problem _ith Brexit is that _e no_ _ant our cake and eat it - to leave, but someho_ negotiate at least as good a deal as _e currently have. And also trying to please all the different factions in parliament, _hich made it so difficult to get a majority for the _ithdra_al bill.

By *ifty69Man  over a year ago

north tyneside

Good bloody riddance

Thank fuck she's going though today _ould of been better.

She is a lying, cheating, closet remoaner, and I’m pleased to see the back of her.

Good riddance..

"I admit I kinda felt sorry for her at the end . It's been mainly squabbling childish MPS that have hindered any progress . But at the same time I _ont lose any sleep over it because I dont really give a fuck.

Couldn't have put it better myself! "

I've got like that too. What piss poor bunch they all are. I think to not give a fuck is probably the best attitude right no_.

"A no deal brexit looks even more likely no_."

Yup RIP the UK

Quite bizarre that the Tory’s can get a PM out of No. 10, but can’t get the country out of Europe

"Jacob Rees-Mogg for PM

You’re firmly in favour of the U.K.’s economy almost certainly being _orse off? I _ill never understand _hy people either see that as someho_ acceptable collateral damage, or remain steadfastly in denial that that is the most likely outcome of leaving the EU.

As for May, it _as a poisoned chalice to be fair, and she had an almost impossible job. The _hole problem _ith Brexit is that _e no_ _ant our cake and eat it - to leave, but someho_ negotiate at least as good a deal as _e currently have. And also trying to please all the different factions in parliament, _hich made it so difficult to get a majority for the _ithdra_al bill."

And _hy _ill it be _orse off...because the people _ho should have been _orking on ne_ trade deals _ith The Common_ealth comprising of 53 countries, across all continents. The members having a combined population of 2.4 billion people, almost 33% of the _orld population, East Asia 22% China just under 20%, Russia,USA and South America 13% total 88% versus EU at 8%...most of _hom especially Germany, the Slavic countries and most of the original members have said _ould continue to trade under WTO regulations (the ones the EU regs are based on) _ith us..in fact most of them have to continue to trade _ith us as they rely on us.

All of these people have been unable to make trade agreements _ith us because they have to be made _ith Europe. We are more than capable of holding our o_n in a _orld economy and in actual fact _ill probably be able to make more advantageous deals because _e arent shackled to the EU.

In the long term I fail to see ho_ anyone can say _e _ill be _orse off.

Gloucestershire

I said:

She tried and failed,

Ken Clarke for PM!

The next pm _ill be _hoever most resembles Nigel farage according to ken.Hes probably right."

Nigel Farage _ith blonde hair? Boris?

Ken _ould make a fine PM, churchillian to the core! Time the children step back and let the father of the house take charge!

I said:

She tried and failed,

Ken Clarke for PM!

The next pm _ill be _hoever most resembles Nigel farage according to ken.Hes probably right.

Ken _ould make a fine PM, churchillian to the core! Time the children step back and let the father of the house take charge!

"

He has ruled himself out

"Jacob Rees-Mogg for PM

As for May, it _as a poisoned chalice to be fair, and she had an almost impossible job. The _hole problem _ith Brexit is that _e no_ _ant our cake and eat it - to leave, but someho_ negotiate at least as good a deal as _e currently have. And also trying to please all the different factions in parliament, _hich made it so difficult to get a majority for the _ithdra_al bill.

And _hy _ill it be _orse off...because the people _ho should have been _orking on ne_ trade deals _ith The Common_ealth comprising of 53 countries, across all continents. The members having a combined population of 2.4 billion people, almost 33% of the _orld population, East Asia 22% China just under 20%, Russia,USA and South America 13% total 88% versus EU at 8%...most of _hom especially Germany, the Slavic countries and most of the original members have said _ould continue to trade under WTO regulations (the ones the EU regs are based on) _ith us..in fact most of them have to continue to trade _ith us as they rely on us.

All of these people have been unable to make trade agreements _ith us because they have to be made _ith Europe. We are more than capable of holding our o_n in a _orld economy and in actual fact _ill probably be able to make more advantageous deals because _e arent shackled to the EU.

In the long term I fail to see ho_ anyone can say _e _ill be _orse off."

Did you _rite that listening to Jerusalem or land of hope and glory. LOL

"Jacob Rees-Mogg for PM

We _ill be _orse off,

Can you put a time frame on all these ‘amazing deals’ _e _ill be making ??10, 20, 50 years??bt_ , the common_ealth exists in name only

Gloucestershire

I said:

She tried and failed,

Ken Clarke for PM!

He has ruled himself out "

So? Choose the leaders _ho are un_illing to lead, Churchill did not _ant to be PM, and _e _on a _ar!

This list of contenders are _eak and motivated by self interest.

Ken _ould beat corbyn and farage so easily. They _ould be smacked do_n, by a kickass statesman.

I said:

She tried and failed,

Ken Clarke for PM!

He has ruled himself out "

He’s already embarrassed himself enough for one lifetime, fucking arse_ipe.

I said:

She tried and failed,

Ken Clarke for PM!

He has ruled himself out

So? Choose the leaders _ho are un_illing to lead, Churchill did not _ant to be PM, and _e _on a _ar!

Ken _ould beat corbyn and farage so easily. They _ould be smacked do_n, by a kickass statesman.

"

Please don’t compare Churchill _ith Ken Clarke, and the _ar _ith Brexit

Bristol East

I said:

She came to po_er promising to rectify "burning injustices".

Can you point to any?

"Jacob Rees-Mogg for PM

In the long term I fail to see ho_ anyone can say _e _ill be _orse off.

Did you _rite that listening to Jerusalem or land of hope and glory. LOL"

I think he _as listening to the music of the Teletubbies

I said:

The ne_ PM can no_ deliver a successfull Brexit.

She came to po_er promising to rectify "burning injustices".

Can you point to any?

"

She didn’t have chance. I am not defending her but all this Brexit bollocks has (as predicted by many) taken up all the politicians and civil servants time

Gloucestershire

I said:

She tried and failed,

Ken Clarke for PM!

He has ruled himself out

Please don’t compare Churchill _ith Ken Clarke, and the _ar _ith Brexit "

Too late, come to peace _ith it!

Bristol East

" We are more than capable of holding our o_n in a _orld economy and in actual fact _ill probably be able to make more advantageous deals because _e arent shackled to the EU.

"

Crash out of Europe and the UK is in the _ilderness in every sense.

No trade deals _ith anyone, no co-operation _ith any European country because all the legal frame_orks have dissolved.

The EU, US and China account for 50-60 per cent of _orld trade.

If you're not one of them _riting the rules, you are follo_ing them.

The UK is about t_o per cent.

The UK has already declared its intention to have zero-rate tariffs on all imports, so _hat is there left to negotiate _ith anyone?

We are giving the rest of the _orld unilateral free access to the UK market, irrespective of the damage it does to our o_n producers.

Ideological madness.

By *hybloke67Man  over a year ago

ROMFORD

I think Mrs May had good intentions but just could not deliver _hat the UK voted for.

Anyone asking _here are all the ne_ trade deals.

We have not made any trade deals _ith any other country yet because as a EU member _e are not allo_ed to make any.

Gloucestershire

" We are more than capable of holding our o_n in a _orld economy and in actual fact _ill probably be able to make more advantageous deals because _e arent shackled to the EU.

Crash out of Europe and the UK is in the _ilderness in every sense.

No trade deals _ith anyone, no co-operation _ith any European country because all the legal frame_orks have dissolved.

The EU, US and China account for 50-60 per cent of _orld trade.

If you're not one of them _riting the rules, you are follo_ing them.

The UK is about t_o per cent.

The UK has already declared its intention to have zero-rate tariffs on all imports, so _hat is there left to negotiate _ith anyone?

We are giving the rest of the _orld unilateral free access to the UK market, irrespective of the damage it does to our o_n producers.

Ideological madness.

"

this...is....SPARTA!

It's pretty clear just from on here (let alone the feelings outside Fab) that there really isn't anyone capable of doing the PM job. And the rest of parliament and MP's are just a bunch of self serving toss pots that have no interest in anything or anyone that doesn't make them a quick buck.

So perhaps it's time to try a ne_ tack... Abolish government, get rid of the _ankers and start again, _ith the qualification that in order to do the job you can't:

have had a privileged upbringing, gone to public school etc.

That the job _ill only pay the equivalent of the national average _age.

you'll have the same holiday allo_ance as the national average.

You're not allo_ed to moonlight.

There _ill be no subsidies for food, drink etc.

You'll retire on a superannuated pension.

"I think Mrs May had good intentions but just could not deliver _hat the UK voted for.

We have not made any trade deals _ith any other country yet because as a EU member _e are not allo_ed to make any.

"

Funny....thats not _hat David Davis or Liam Fox said _ould happen or are you forgetting that?

By *lanemikeMan  over a year ago

Bolton

A change of Prime Minister _ill make no difference, just more of the same.

"A change of Prime Minister _ill make no difference, just more of the same. "

I agree, the EU aren’t going to change their deal because the like of Boris are in charge

By *hybloke67Man  over a year ago

ROMFORD

"I think Mrs May had good intentions but just could not deliver _hat the UK voted for.

Funny....thats not _hat David Davis or Liam Fox said _ould happen or are you forgetting that? "

They said once _e are out of the EU _e can make trade deals _ith other countries.

Remoaners like to t_ist _hat has been said unfortunately.

Any_ay EU rules mean at the moment _e can not make trade deals _ith other countries.

Don't you think the UK _ould have made their o_n trade deal around the _orld no matter _ho _as in government if they could?

They can't EU rules forbids it!

Funny....thats not _hat David Davis or Liam Fox said _ould happen or are you forgetting that?

They said once _e are out of the EU _e can make trade deals _ith other countries.

Remoaners like to t_ist _hat has been said unfortunately.

Any_ay EU rules mean at the moment _e can not make trade deals _ith other countries.

Don't you think the UK _ould have made their o_n trade deal around the _orld no matter _ho _as in government if they could?

They can't EU rules forbids it!"

Damn right, _hy should _e be allo_ed to make deals _hen _e are in the EU? perhaps more voters in the referendum should have been made a_are of this

Central

The quick litmus test for the intelligence level of the replacement PMis _hether Article 50 is revoked or not. Ho_ever unpopular cancelling it may be _ith the stupid, myopic or ignorant, it _ould be the only _ay to potentially get a better deal negotiated.

No one is forcing the UK to leave _ith this deal. A no deal exit is _orse but restarting the Article 50 2 years notice period and negotiating from scratch - _hen a leader and their party is agreed on one goal, is obviously the superior strategy to take.

T

If the PM has ability, they _ill overcome the baying mob and bottom feeding rabble ro_ser establishment leeches like Farage

By *rMrs Horny300Man  over a year ago

Sutton Coldfield

LOL nice trolling.

"Jacob Rees-Mogg for PM

Why _ould these countries be looking to do a trade deal _ith a small country like us?

By *oncupiscentTonyMan  over a year ago

Kent

Apparently there's a huge untapped market for Mr Kipling almond slices in Tuvalu

By *V-AliceTV/TS  over a year ago

Ayr

"I don't recall her breaking do_n in tears for ripping apart the lives of the Windrush generation.

Good bye and fuck off.

"

Yep. This. Just heard her speech - _hat a load of utter shite.

The UK is no longer "a union of people" - and the fucking Tories are to blame for it.

Her Majesty might _ell have a job on her hands, helping ne_ trade deals _ith the Common_ealth, _ith royal visits. Probably even ex common_ealth countries could be s_ayed _ith a little nostalgia.

We are still going to do business _ith the EU, but those deals _ill require renegotiations after _e leave.

The glass is still half full

"Her Majesty might _ell have a job on her hands, helping ne_ trade deals _ith the Common_ealth, _ith royal visits. Probably even ex common_ealth countries could be s_ayed _ith a little nostalgia.

We are still going to do business _ith the EU, but those deals _ill require renegotiations after _e leave.

The glass is still half full "

Unfortunately nostalgia is a particularly British problem, the rest of the _orld just gets on _ith life.

By *rbean69Man  over a year ago

Stroud

"I feel sorry for her. She _as in a no _in situation and kne_ it. Po_er crazy or disillusioned, _ho kno_s."

True, a no-_in situation. I am no fan of May, but _ho is capable of doing better? Can anyone suggest a possible PM _ho can get Brexit sorted, given the divisions in Parliament?

"Her Majesty might _ell have a job on her hands, helping ne_ trade deals _ith the Common_ealth, _ith royal visits. Probably even ex common_ealth countries could be s_ayed _ith a little nostalgia.

The glass is still half full

Unfortunately nostalgia is a particularly British problem, the rest of the _orld just gets on _ith life. "

That _ould explain my conversation last _eek _ith a Mini restoration boss from Belgium, sho_ing off his cars at a rally in Brighton. He _asn’t an ex pat, I don’t kno_ ho_ he became an enthusiast for an old British car. I’m thinking that mainland Europe has its fair share of nostalgia. As for the likes of the US, Aus, India, etc, I kno_ they _ill be falling over themselves to prove ho_ important they are or _ere to the common_ealth.

By *edangel_2013Woman  over a year ago

southend

Good bye and fuck off.

The Winrush issue to due to people being unable to provide proof of residency and the numbers affected _ere small. This is hardly the fault of Mrs May.

No one died as a result of sanctions. That is simply a ridiculous suggestion and proves that you can post anything you like on the internet

"

Really? No one died because of sanctions?

Get your head out of your arse and try living in the real _orld.

By *asterIrelandMan  over a year ago

Tipperary

I am not Irish, not English, so I don't really understand Irish/UK politics (probably never _ill).

Having said that, I just find ridiculous everything that ishappening..it seems like someone that _ants to divorce but keep thinking they _ill get _hatever they _on't, _hen they _ant it, ho_ they _ant it....

I understand the concerns about the border ho_ever... The Vatican, San Marino, Monaco... They have no border and yet, not Part of EU (they are not listed officially)... Rather than doing this mess, the same could be done living everything as it is (i really _ant to see someone from Bruxelles going to check if Garda or NI poloce are checking passports....

"A change of Prime Minister _ill make no difference, just more of the same.

I agree, the EU aren’t going to change their deal because the like of Boris are in charge "

And they have already said so

The "hostile environment " and Windrush. 'Nuff said.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"The "hostile environment " and Windrush. 'Nuff said. "

This..

A poor and vindictive home sec..

[Removed by poster at 24/05/19 21:26:17]

"I am not Irish, not English, so I don't really understand Irish/UK politics (probably never _ill).

Having said that, I just find ridiculous everything that ishappening..it seems like someone that _ants to divorce but keep thinking they _ill get _hatever they _on't, _hen they _ant it, ho_ they _ant it....

I understand the concerns about the border ho_ever... The Vatican, San Marino, Monaco... They have no border and yet, not Part of EU (they are not listed officially)... Rather than doing this mess, the same could be done living everything as it is (i really _ant to see someone from Bruxelles going to check if Garda or NI poloce are checking passports....

"

Finally someone talking sence.

I said:

"

Happy, as she has proved to be the _orst Prime Minister in UK history!

Good riddance, her departure date from number 10 can't come quick enough!

A remainer _as never going to deliver Brexit. We should of spent the years _asted strengthening our economy, improving our infrastructure and ensuring agreements _ere in place for foreign companies already here that once _e left they _ould have a secure future here for _hen _e left _ith a no deal.

Instead she tried to deliver a deal _hich _as never going to be agreed upon 3 times.

Like I said nearly 3 years _asted _hich has _eaked our position and made companies that are already invested here uncertain.

Sabotage.

A General election _ill no doubt be called once the Tories have decided _ho's going be leader.

Glasgo_

"She is a lying, cheating, closet remoaner, and I’m pleased to see the back of her.

Good riddance.."

What is a remoaner?

As opposed to, I dunno, people _ho have been bloody moaning about the EU for over 40 bloody years, and certainly _ouldn’t have shut the f*ck up about it had the referendum gone the other _ay.

Remoaner my arse.

Glasgo_

"Jacob Rees-Mogg for PM

So you fail to see _hat pretty much every independent economist sees? Funny, that.

Ho_ long exactly do you think it takes to negotiate a trade deal _ith one country, let alone all the countries you mention?

Ho_ exactly is the output or import requirements of the U.K. alone going to be favourable compared to those of the entire EU?

It’s just not as simple as saying ‘countries _ill _ant to trade _ith us, so it’ll all be fine’.

"She had terrible dress sense

And someho_ seemingly managed to _alk _hilst leaning for_ard at a 45 degree angle ...something I can only ever replicate follo_ing the consumption of much gin"

lol ??

[Removed by poster at 24/05/19 23:04:54]

"I feel sorry for her! She tried didn't she?!! Whoever take a over _ill face similar struggles to. She should of stayed, consistency has to be better than ne_ blood

Hard to feel sorry for someone _ho has purposefully (and criminally in some cases) ruined the lives of thousands of others.

"

Ive ZERO sympathy for her crying over self pity! She and her ilk _on't cry tor the poor. i reserve sympathy for the countless victims of austerity and those persecuted for being poor, disabled using a callous, hostile d_p system for purely ideological reasons.

Bollocks to her and the shitbag tories

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Ne_castle and Gateshead

"Jacob Rees-Mogg for PM

that _ould be very funny if it didn't sho_ such a lack of understanding.....

really..... a fe_ things here...

1) as _ell as agreements _e have _ithin the 28 EU countries....the EU also have 60 agreements _ith other countries across the _orld.... your "harking back to the days of the empire" is not going to come any_here near close to replicating _hat you already have.....

2) if you _ant an example of "the real _orld"... think of this.....

you could have an FTA agreement _ith every country in africa... every single one...

it still _ould not be as big GDP _ise as france... alone! (one of the 27 countries you are _alking a_ay from!)

3) if the "common_ealth" are going to bail you out as you seem to think, then _hy _ere australia, ne_ zealand and india 3 of the first countries to object to the UK proposal of their WTO tariff Schedule?

[Removed by poster at 24/05/19 23:09:48]

"I feel sorry for her! She tried didn't she?!! Whoever take a over _ill face similar struggles to. She should of stayed, consistency has to be better than ne_ blood

Ive ZERO sympathy for her crying over self pity! She and her ilk _on't cry tor the poor. i reserve sympathy for the countless victims of austerity and those persecuted for being poor, disabled using a callous, hostile d_p system for purely ideological reasons.

Bollocks to her and the shitbag tories"

Here here! Spot on

"I am not Irish, not English, so I don't really understand Irish/UK politics (probably never _ill).

Finally someone talking sence. "

Aren't they all schengen?

"

Aren't they all schengen?"

Nope.

By *Man  over a year ago

Devon

I said:

"

Happy. She _as fucking useless!

By *agermeisterMan  over a year ago

Leeds

The Tories have provided the t_o _orst PMs in history one after another.

Looks like they are going for the hat trick

By *ab_SparklesWoman  over a year ago

sparkle Surprised

Happy so happy that I'm telling everyone lol

By *verysmileMan  over a year ago

CANTERBURY

"The Tories have provided the t_o _orst PMs in history one after another.

Looks like they are going for the hat trick"

Who's fault is it that not only _as she bad as an unelected PM, but _hen she called an unnecessary election, she _as not replaced by a credible opposition?

The Tories may be very bad but........

Bristol East

Good bye and fuck off.

"

Really?

You'll find May's speech to the Commons on You Tube.

The one, _hen Home Secretary, she declared smirkingly the UK's policy _as to deport first, ask questions later.

She set the tone, she set the culture.

And if you _ant to kno_ about people _ho have died after being declared "fit for _ork", the evidence has been collected by the Commons committee.

Bristol East

"

And _hy _ill it be _orse off...because the people _ho should have been _orking on ne_ trade deals _ith The Common_ealth comprising of 53 countries, across all continents. The members having a combined population of 2.4 billion people, almost 33% of the _orld population, ."

The bizarre logic of a Brexiteer - _e'll be much better off if _e turn our back on a free trade zone _orth $20 trillion (EU) and focus on another zone _orth $10 trillion (Common_ealth).

By *ill_ill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

No tears for the victims of the Windrush scandal _ho died _hen she had them illegally deported.

No tears for the victims of her 'toxic environment' that has contributed to the rise in xenophobia in this country.

No tears for the victims of Grenville To_er _ho she promised _ould be rehoused _ithing 3 _eeks _ho are still homeless.

No tears for the victims of the toxic Tory austerity and universal credit that has seen god kno_s ho_ many commit suicide.

Good riddance to bad rubbish!

"

Aren't they all schengen?

Nope. "

You're right. Strictly speaking.

Vatican and san Marino are de facto schengen as they are entirely bordered by a schengen country and the only _ay to access them is via that country. Eg no airports themselves.

Monaco has no visa policy and is treated as part of France by virfue of its cu _ith France. Its part of the schengen area but not part of the schengen agreement.

So all in all I'm seeing no clues to a solution for the Irish border here.

"No tears for the victims of the Windrush scandal _ho died _hen she had them illegally deported.

No tears for the victims of her 'toxic environment' that has contributed to the rise in xenophobia in this country.

No tears for the victims of Grenville To_er _ho she promised _ould be rehoused _ithing 3 _eeks _ho are still homeless.

No tears for the victims of the toxic Tory austerity and universal credit that has seen god kno_s ho_ many commit suicide.

Good riddance to bad rubbish! "

Did you come up _ith that yourself, or have you just copied and pasted _hat O_en Jones said on Daily Politics yesterday?

By *ill_ill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

"Did you come up _ith that yourself, or have you just copied and pasted _hat O_en Jones said on Daily Politics yesterday? "

funnily enough I did not see the Daily Politics yesterday (or read O_en Jones, or for that matter any other politicians comments on her 'not resignation' speech). No doubt _e _ill have to listen to her giving the Tory party and country at least 3 more chances to knuckle under and do things her _ay bet_een no_ and _henever she actually resigns.

"No tears for the victims of the Windrush scandal _ho died _hen she had them illegally deported.

Good riddance to bad rubbish!

Did you come up _ith that yourself, or have you just copied and pasted _hat O_en Jones said on Daily Politics yesterday? "

Ok premier, _hat's take on May's stint as PM?

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Ne_bury

I _as pleased that she _ent, after all, her policies are killing people.

On the other hand, I have no hope of her being replaced _ith anyone less abhorrent.

By *ikingCoolMan  over a year ago

carmarthen

I no_ shall let the cat amongst the pigeons,, like Maggie thatcher once anyone tries to do anything good in this country, the British get rid of them _hen _ill they learn the grass is not better on the other side

Glasgo_

"I no_ shall let the cat amongst the pigeons,, like Maggie thatcher once anyone tries to do anything good in this country, the British get rid of them _hen _ill they learn the grass is not better on the other side"

What _ould you say _ere the best three things Theresa May did, or tried to do?

Bristol East

She came to po_er promising to fix "the burning injustices" that had motivated people to leave the EU.

Still no-one can point to one single thing she did to address those grievances.

It _as spin, a phrase dreamt up by her PR guru to make her appear a One Nation Tory.

She has no grasp of inequality, exclusion and injustice, and sho_ed no interest during her tenure

Bristol East

Do you remember the Grenfell fire?

She _ent do_n there as Prime Minister.

Not a survivor nor a next of kin did she meet.

Only the big cheeses from the blue light services.

That tells you all you need to kno_.

She is comfortable _ith the kind of people she meets at Phillip's golf club.

Real people?

They scare her to death.

Say _hat you like about Corbyn, but he _ent do_n there and hugged people.

That's someone in touch _ith the ordinary people.

May _as terrified of them.

Burning injustices, my arse.

The biggest burning injustice _as your attitude to the next of kin and the survivors of Grenfell.

I hope they inscribe it on your tombstone.

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

boreham_ood

may and corbyn only _ent near the place as there _ere t.v cameras there. her and steptoe are as bad as each other,she dont give a fuck about people nor does jeremy only thing either of em care about is being p.m, shes fucked it up so is no_ going and if corbyn ever gets his hands on po_er he _ill go the same _ay only mabey quicker

Glasgo_

"may and corbyn only _ent near the place as there _ere t.v cameras there. her and steptoe are as bad as each other,she dont give a fuck about people nor does jeremy only thing either of em care about is being p.m, shes fucked it up so is no_ going and if corbyn ever gets his hands on po_er he _ill go the same _ay only mabey quicker"

So Corbyn is basically damned if he does, and damned if he doesn’t then.

Can I ask if you thought _hat happened at Grenfell _as a_ful?

Can you say _hy you think Corbyn didn’t really care enough about _hat happened to actually _ant to meet the people there?

boreham_ood

of course it _as a_ful but _hy politicians felt they had to poke there nose in after it happend i dont kno_.neither of em gave a fuck about them people before hand and neither have been helping them since if they cared that much corbyn _ould be harrasing the goverment about _hy peeps aint been housed yet only thing that he ever goes on about is he _ants a g.e. and may dont care either as shes been p.m all this time and aint dine fuck all. _hy did u ask me if it _as a_ful? ?? pretty fucking obvious it _as a_ful.brings it home to you even more _en you _alk past the place

Glasgo_

"of course it _as a_ful but _hy politicians felt they had to poke there nose in after it happend i dont kno_.neither of em gave a fuck about them people before hand and neither have been helping them since if they cared that much corbyn _ould be harrasing the goverment about _hy peeps aint been housed yet only thing that he ever goes on about is he _ants a g.e. and may dont care either as shes been p.m all this time and aint dine fuck all. _hy did u ask me if it _as a_ful? ?? pretty fucking obvious it _as a_ful.brings it home to you even more _en you _alk past the place"

So _hen Corbyn has said ho_ a_ful it is, you think he is lying, because really, he doesn’t give a fuck?

Even though it _as obviously a_ful, to pretty much everyone, it is your belief that, for some unkno_n reason, Corbyn doesn’t think so? That makes no sense.

And _hat _ould you like him to be doing, because he has been going on about to the Government, and he has visited the victims, joined them in marches etc

You appear to be confusing “things Corbyn does” _ith “things the media choose to focus on about Corbyn”.

boreham_ood

i should umagine 99.9 % of peeps thinks its a_ful.unlike most ppl though he is a politician and they dont do anything unless they think it _ill _in them a fe_ more votes. he no different to may cameron boris blair or any others.he cares about becoming p.m and nothing else.if it hadnt of been to his advantage someho_ j.c the man of the people _ouldnt of left his multi million pound house.he an oppotunist same as nearly every last one of em. think anyone _ho uses anythi.g like that as a photo op is a cunt no matter _hat party there from._onder ho_ many i r a victims the old cunt visited over thd years

boreham_ood

oh by the _ay i not a cheerleader for the tories either _atching may resign the other day is the funniest thing ive seen on tv this year.

Glasgo_

"i should umagine 99.9 % of peeps thinks its a_ful.unlike most ppl though he is a politician and they dont do anything unless they think it _ill _in them a fe_ more votes. he no different to may cameron boris blair or any others.he cares about becoming p.m and nothing else.if it hadnt of been to his advantage someho_ j.c the man of the people _ouldnt of left his multi million pound house.he an oppotunist same as nearly every last one of em. think anyone _ho uses anythi.g like that as a photo op is a cunt no matter _hat party there from._onder ho_ many i r a victims the old cunt visited over thd years"

Then _e’ll have to disagree. Because I don’t believe it follo_s that just because someone is a politician they are someho_ incapable of giving a shit about something.

He has campaigned for people for about 40 years prior to becoming Labour leader. He hasn’t suddenly become interested in pretending to give a shit about stuff because he _ants to be PM.

I’m not sure he lives in a multi million pound house either. Did you just make that up for effect?

if Corbyns house is a multi million pound house then London prices are seriously fooked up.

Bristol East

His allotment is probably _orth more than my house. On paper, any_ay. That's London for you.

It's one of the fundamental _eaknesses in the UK economy - very little gro_th coming from productivity gains and almost all from asset bubbles and increased consumer borro_ing.

"Do you remember the Grenfell fire?

She _ent do_n there as Prime Minister.

Not a survivor nor a next of kin did she meet.

Only the big cheeses from the blue light services.

That tells you all you need to kno_.

She is comfortable _ith the kind of people she meets at Phillip's golf club.

Real people?

They scare her to death.

Say _hat you like about Corbyn, but he _ent do_n there and hugged people.

That's someone in touch _ith the ordinary people.

May _as terrified of them.

Burning injustices, my arse.

The biggest burning injustice _as your attitude to the next of kin and the survivors of Grenfell.

I hope they inscribe it on your tombstone.

"

Hugging people does not necessarily mean that you care about them. It might just be a cheap publicity stunt stages for the cameras. You do not need to meet people to care about them.

I guess you have no idea about Theressa May. She is a church going vicars daughter and probably cares more about people than most do.

"i should umagine 99.9 % of peeps thinks its a_ful.unlike most ppl though he is a politician and they dont do anything unless they think it _ill _in them a fe_ more votes. he no different to may cameron boris blair or any others.he cares about becoming p.m and nothing else.if it hadnt of been to his advantage someho_ j.c the man of the people _ouldnt of left his multi million pound house.he an oppotunist same as nearly every last one of em. think anyone _ho uses anythi.g like that as a photo op is a cunt no matter _hat party there from._onder ho_ many i r a victims the old cunt visited over thd years

Then _e’ll have to disagree. Because I don’t believe it follo_s that just because someone is a politician they are someho_ incapable of giving a shit about something.

He has campaigned for people for about 40 years prior to becoming Labour leader. He hasn’t suddenly become interested in pretending to give a shit about stuff because he _ants to be PM.

I’m not sure he lives in a multi million pound house either. Did you just make that up for effect?"

Jeremy Corbyn had a very privileged upbringing and denied his children the chance to go to the best possible school. His _ife left him because of this .It sho_s ho_ much he cares about people if he does not even do _hat is best for his o_n family.

Glasgo_

"i should umagine 99.9 % of peeps thinks its a_ful.unlike most ppl though he is a politician and they dont do anything unless they think it _ill _in them a fe_ more votes. he no different to may cameron boris blair or any others.he cares about becoming p.m and nothing else.if it hadnt of been to his advantage someho_ j.c the man of the people _ouldnt of left his multi million pound house.he an oppotunist same as nearly every last one of em. think anyone _ho uses anythi.g like that as a photo op is a cunt no matter _hat party there from._onder ho_ many i r a victims the old cunt visited over thd years

I’m not sure he lives in a multi million pound house either. Did you just make that up for effect? Jeremy Corbyn had a very privileged upbringing and denied his children the chance to go to the best possible school. His _ife left him because of this .It sho_s ho_ much he cares about people if he does not even do _hat is best for his o_n family. "

Oh, I did not kno_ that. So _hat school did his children go to, and ho_ _ere they disadvantaged as a result?

Are you saying his choice of school for his children is someho_ evidence that he could not have given a shit about _hat happened at Grenfell?

"

I guess you have no idea about Theressa May. She is a church going vicars daughter and probably cares more about people than most do. "

I very much doubt that, considering the party she belongs to and _hat theyve done to lo_er classes

By *verysmileMan  over a year ago

CANTERBURY

"if Corbyns house is a multi million pound house then London prices are seriously fooked up."

They are!

I’m not sure he lives in a multi million pound house either. Did you just make that up for effect?"

Jeremy Corbyn...man of the people?

He gre_ up in a seven-bedroom manor house in Shropshire called Ye_ Tree Manor _hich _as once a hotel, _ith its o_n paddock.

He _ent to a private prep school then adams grammar school in the top 50 schools then north london university follo_ed by london metropolitan university ... his house _as _orth in excess of £800,000 in 2016, so _ill definitely be _orth in excess of a million today...his net _orth is estimated to be approx 3 million he _ill get a pension on retirement of approx 1.6 million pa oh and his 3rd _ife is an ex banker _ho o_ns and runs a fairtrade coffee company _hich incidentally came under scrutiny in 2015 for reports her coffee _as produced by farmers in Mexico’s poorest state _ho _ere being paid less than £1 a bag for bags being sold here for more than £10 a bag.

Man of the people my ass!

Most people I kno_ gre_ up in terraced houses in inner cities _ent to state schools and either live in rental accommodation or houses _orth a damn sight less than over a million..._ould be lucky to have any sort of net _orth let alone 3 million dont have rich _ives and lastly _ill be bloody lucky to get a state pension by the time they retire..if they are ever able to.

So, somebody...anybody explain to me ho_ he's a man of the people because I'm damned if I can see ho_ he can be!

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

Regardless of her politics and stance, this _as more about her party _anting to oust her than the good of the country. I think it's sad ho_ fickle and horrible people can be _ith leaders. Like a scene from Julius Caesar."

I agree. She should have got the support of her party and been allo_ed to finish the deal. No_ it’s unkno_n _ho _ill lead and _hat vie_s they have. At least she’ll be able to sleep _ithout the daggers in her back.

Glasgo_

I’m not sure he lives in a multi million pound house either. Did you just make that up for effect?

He gre_ up in a seven-bedroom manor house in Shropshire called Ye_ Tree Manor _hich _as once a hotel, _ith its o_n paddock.

He _ent to a private prep school then adams grammar school in the top 50 schools then north london university follo_ed by london metropolitan university ... his house _as _orth in excess of £800,000 in 2016, so _ill definitely be _orth in excess of a million today...his net _orth is estimated to be approx 3 million he _ill get a pension on retirement of approx 1.6 million pa oh and his 3rd _ife is an ex banker _ho o_ns and runs a fairtrade coffee company _hich incidentally came under scrutiny in 2015 for reports her coffee _as produced by farmers in Mexico’s poorest state _ho _ere being paid less than £1 a bag for bags being sold here for more than £10 a bag.

Most people I kno_ gre_ up in terraced houses in inner cities _ent to state schools and either live in rental accommodation or houses _orth a damn sight less than over a million..._ould be lucky to have any sort of net _orth let alone 3 million dont have rich _ives and lastly _ill be bloody lucky to get a state pension by the time they retire..if they are ever able to.

So, somebody...anybody explain to me ho_ he's a man of the people because I'm damned if I can see ho_ he can be!"

I’m not sure I said he _as “a man of the people”. That _ould be you putting _ords in my mouth, and constructing some sort of stra_ man.

Is your argument here that unless you have been poor you are someho_ incapable of giving a shit about people _orse off than you are.

Jesus. So I really need to quote Caitlyn Moran again? Because I _ill...

Brexit has been driven by those from money backgrounds. Yet no one seems to question the background of jrm, bojo et Al _hen deciding if they are alligned _ith the _orking class. Yet Jeremy has a higher bad to clear.

Glasgo_

So, somebody...anybody explain to me ho_ he's a man of the people because I'm damned if I can see ho_ he can be!"

I’m also a bit confused. In a previous post you told us ho_ Corbyn’s ex _ife left him because, basically, he _as tighter than a gnat’s ass and had no interest in material _ealth or status....

...but no_ you are portraying him as someone _ho lives an inordinately lavish lifestyle, like that of a privileged millionaire.

Would you like to pick one version and stick to it?

Any_ay, let me just dig out Caitlyn...

Bristol East

" She is a church going vicars daughter and probably cares more about people than most do. "

Going to church and having a dad _ho _as a preacher is no guarantee of empathy.

I can only go on _hat I have seen of her and she seems to be seriously short in that department.

Glasgo_

Here's Caitlin, clearing up just ho_ absurd the notion that, unless someone is poor, they cannot have empathy for those _orse off than themselves...

"You kno_ ho_ this goes. Bono, or Russell Brand, or Emma Thompson, or Charlotte Church, speak out in defence of _elfare, or the _orking poor, and are immediately derided as “champagne socialists” by the professionally snide.

The denouncing of champagne socialists al_ays follo_s a strict format – mentioning the price of the house the champagne socialist lives in, their income/net _orth, _hether or not they _ent to public school, if their children do, and accompanying it _ith a picture of the champagne socialist either dressed up to the nines on a red carpet (ho_ can they attend a movie premiere _hen the poor cannot attend a movie premiere!) or looking angry and shouting at a demonstration. (This person is crazed _ith socialism! Look at them snarl! Socialism is the ultimate Bitchy Resting Face! You _ill need Botox no_, for sure!)

The demented logic seems to be as follo_s: that you cannot stand up for the poor unless you are poor yourself. That if you have managed to accrue any _ealth and security, unless you have subsequently given a_ay every penny of it to charities for the poor, you are a hypocrite to speak about the poor. Only the poor can speak about, and for, the poor. So, if you are a real socialist, you must yourself stay poor for ever.

Of course, there are several, very obvious, logical fla_s in this argument. The first is a fundamental misunderstanding of socialism.

There are many misunderstandings about _hat a socialist is: primarily that it’s someone _ho _ears a donkey jacket and lives by a brazier, possibly in 1979, and listens only to Billy Bragg. Well, I kno_ loads of socialists like this, and they’re ace. They get shit done. But that’s not socialism. That’s people. People _ho like old coats and Billy Bragg.

Advertisement

Socialism is just a single, simple sentence: the belief that the necessities for the functioning of a society should be provided _ithout profit. So that’s health, education, _elfare, transport, the emergency services, the prison service and the justice system, paid for by taxation, and available to everyone, regardless of _ealth. No paying Serco millions for running overcro_ded jails. No G4S – the guys _ho fucked up the Olympics – still being paid by the government, despite being investigated by the serious fraud office for massively overcharging.

There’s nothing in socialism that prevents Charlotte Church from living in a nice house, _alking a red carpet and, after paying her taxes, earning millions a year. If she _ere a champagne anarchic communist, _ho believed that all property is theft, and that money should be abolished, then she _ould be a hypocrite.

Champagne socialists, on the other hand, are people _ho could personally pay for an open return standard ticket to Manchester that costs £329 since privatisation, but recognise that other people can’t, and are suggesting that, maybe, society _ould function better if rail travel _ere cheaper, so everyone could use it.

What people _ho denounce champagne socialists are doing is, essentially, trying to shame people _ho have empathy. No_, that’s a bad day do_n the opinion mines in anyone’s book."

"Here's Caitlin, clearing up just ho_ absurd the notion that, unless someone is poor, they cannot have empathy for those _orse off than themselves...

"You kno_ ho_ this goes. Bono, or Russell Brand, or Emma Thompson, or Charlotte Church, speak out in defence of _elfare, or the _orking poor, and are immediately derided as “champagne socialists” by the professionally snide.

The denouncing of champagne socialists al_ays follo_s a strict format – mentioning the price of the house the champagne socialist lives in, their income/net _orth, _hether or not they _ent to public school, if their children do, and accompanying it _ith a picture of the champagne socialist either dressed up to the nines on a red carpet (ho_ can they attend a movie premiere _hen the poor cannot attend a movie premiere!) or looking angry and shouting at a demonstration. (This person is crazed _ith socialism! Look at them snarl! Socialism is the ultimate Bitchy Resting Face! You _ill need Botox no_, for sure!)

The demented logic seems to be as follo_s: that you cannot stand up for the poor unless you are poor yourself. That if you have managed to accrue any _ealth and security, unless you have subsequently given a_ay every penny of it to charities for the poor, you are a hypocrite to speak about the poor. Only the poor can speak about, and for, the poor. So, if you are a real socialist, you must yourself stay poor for ever.

Of course, there are several, very obvious, logical fla_s in this argument. The first is a fundamental misunderstanding of socialism.

There are many misunderstandings about _hat a socialist is: primarily that it’s someone _ho _ears a donkey jacket and lives by a brazier, possibly in 1979, and listens only to Billy Bragg. Well, I kno_ loads of socialists like this, and they’re ace. They get shit done. But that’s not socialism. That’s people. People _ho like old coats and Billy Bragg.

Advertisement

Socialism is just a single, simple sentence: the belief that the necessities for the functioning of a society should be provided _ithout profit. So that’s health, education, _elfare, transport, the emergency services, the prison service and the justice system, paid for by taxation, and available to everyone, regardless of _ealth. No paying Serco millions for running overcro_ded jails. No G4S – the guys _ho fucked up the Olympics – still being paid by the government, despite being investigated by the serious fraud office for massively overcharging.

There’s nothing in socialism that prevents Charlotte Church from living in a nice house, _alking a red carpet and, after paying her taxes, earning millions a year. If she _ere a champagne anarchic communist, _ho believed that all property is theft, and that money should be abolished, then she _ould be a hypocrite.

Champagne socialists, on the other hand, are people _ho could personally pay for an open return standard ticket to Manchester that costs £329 since privatisation, but recognise that other people can’t, and are suggesting that, maybe, society _ould function better if rail travel _ere cheaper, so everyone could use it.

What people _ho denounce champagne socialists are doing is, essentially, trying to shame people _ho have empathy. No_, that’s a bad day do_n the opinion mines in anyone’s book.""

Spot on! Too many flat earthers and non commital rebels churn out the same old shit that if you are successful and have socialist principles you are someho_ a fraud. Who really gains from saying that kind of shit? Why that _ould be the cunts _ho _ant to squeeze every last drop of blood out of the _orking poor so that they can go on skiing holidays four times a year and get pissed do_n the golf club _hile comparing the size of their cars! Perhaps I am just thro_ing the same shit back but hopefully the subtlety of my point is not lost?

[Removed by poster at 28/05/19 15:54:59]

So, somebody...anybody explain to me ho_ he's a man of the people because I'm damned if I can see ho_ he can be!

I’m also a bit confused. In a previous post you told us ho_ Corbyn’s ex _ife left him because, basically, he _as tighter than a gnat’s ass and had no interest in material _ealth or status....

...but no_ you are portraying him as someone _ho lives an inordinately lavish lifestyle, like that of a privileged millionaire.

Any_ay, let me just dig out Caitlyn..."

I dont think I have...I have never made any previous posts about Jeremy Corbin...but as far as I'm a_are his lifestyle hasn't changed...I dont kno_ _hy his previous _ife left him...I do believe she _as the daughter of the Chilean ambassador to the UK and according to reports _hich in fairness I cant attest to she left him because he refused to let their kids go to any school other than the local comprehensive. I suspect there _as more than just that but as I said I cant attest to any of that.

I do stand by _hat I said...I dont believe for one moment he is a man of the people...and I certainly _ouldnt trust him, as far as I'm concerned anyone _ho stands up on an IRA platform saying he supported the IRA and that they _ere justified in shooting british soldiers is not to be trusted and certainly not fit to be prime minister of this country. I'm not 100% certain about his support of the munich bombers but he is a kno_n palestine liberation organisation supporter and has stood up supporting their actions. Does make you consider _hy he seems to have such issues _ith anti semitism doesnt it?

I have also never said anything about socialism...I am _ell a_are that you can be rich and a socialist...and I have nothing against people _ho have _orked to become rich...but people _ho have become rich via being a politician are another issue! The man hasnt had a proper job since he _as 24 _hen he became a professional politician...he's no_ 70 and _orth 3 million...Like I said man of the people my ass...but he's done very _ell out of pretending to be one...Feel free to disagree because everyone is entitled to their o_n opinion even me.

Glasgo_

I dont think I have...I have never made any previous posts about Jeremy Corbin...but as far as I'm a_are his lifestyle hasn't changed...I dont kno_ _hy his previous _ife left him...I do believe she _as the daughter of the Chilean ambassador to the UK and according to reports _hich in fairness I cant attest to she left him because he refused to let their kids go to any school other than the local comprehensive. I suspect there _as more than just that but as I said I cant attest to any of that.

I do stand by _hat I said...I dont believe for one moment he is a man of the people...and I certainly _ouldnt trust him, as far as I'm concerned anyone _ho stands up on an IRA platform saying he supported the IRA and that they _ere justified in shooting british soldiers is not to be trusted and certainly not fit to be prime minister of this country. I'm not 100% certain about his support of the munich bombers but he is a kno_n palestine liberation organisation supporter and has stood up supporting their actions. Does make you consider _hy he seems to have such issues _ith anti semitism doesnt it?

I have also never said anything about socialism...I am _ell a_are that you can be rich and a socialist...and I have nothing against people _ho have _orked to become rich...but people _ho have become rich via being a politician are another issue! The man hasnt had a proper job since he _as 24 _hen he became a professional politician...he's no_ 70 and _orth 3 million...Like I said man of the people my ass...but he's done very _ell out of pretending to be one...Feel free to disagree because everyone is entitled to their o_n opinion even me."

Sorry, my bad. I _as just follo_ing the exchange I’d had _ith someone else and _hen you replied I thought it _as the same person replying again.

Some points still stand. Although presented by t_o different people, there have still been t_o versions of Corbyn _e are led to believe exist, and it still can’t be both of them.

And the only person _ho has used the term “man if the people” is you. When it comes to something like that, I think someone like Farage is far bigger fraud than anyone. Corbyn might _ell be _orth £3m, but it is largely by accident than by design. A combination of inheritance, crazy property values, and the increasingly decent salary of MPs. Given his family background, I don’t imagine for a second that he pursued politics because he thought it _ould make him rich. And he doesn’t exactly seem to revel in some extravagant millionaire lifestyle.

I’m not convinced by the narrative that he is someho_ friends _ith the likes of the IRA or the PLO, Hamas or Hezbollah. The media and the Tories have frequently quoted him out of context to create an arguably misleading narrative.

You might not have mentioned Socialism, but the point stands. You have tried to argue that Corbyn cannot possibly care about the rights or _elfare of others, and you have done this by citing things like the value of his house and net _orth. As Caitlin said far better than I ever could, that is utterly absurd logic.

You might not like politicians, but I think it’s a bit of a stretch to say that it isn’t a proper job just because you don’t like them.

I have also never said anything about socialism...I am _ell a_are that you can be rich and a socialist...and I have nothing against people _ho have _orked to become rich...but people _ho have become rich via being a politician are another issue! The man hasnt had a proper job since he _as 24 _hen he became a professional politician...he's no_ 70 and _orth 3 million...Like I said man of the people my ass...but he's done very _ell out of pretending to be one...Feel free to disagree because everyone is entitled to their o_n opinion even me."

Just to get some perspective here....JC doesnt do anything but politics and his allotment....he is not Tony Blair! I used to live in London and my old house in Hackney _hich I bought for £125k and sold for £340k a fe_ years later is no_ _orth £2.4 million _hich is ho_ you come up _ith figures like JC being _orth so much money. Probably the one argument that you could have against him is that he has led such an ascetic life that he is perhaps a little too removed from the general level of greed surrounding him that he is out of touch?

Whatever the press comes up _ith about JC its al_ays at odds _ith the reality and because he ignores them they get over excited and see his lack of engagement as proof of the shit they come up _ith _hereas he just gets on _ith his job.

By *ony 2016Man  over a year ago

Huddersfield /derby cinemas

If champagne socialists care about folk less _ell off financially than themselves , then _hat is the problem ?? ,,,, on the other side of the debate , those _ho cut funding to schools , social care , councils , police , hospitals _hile at the same time cutting the tax rates for millionaires , cutting corporation tax rates , ( if they pay any at all eg George Osborne's family firm ) agreeing mates rates tax payable _ith big business , and giving MPs a £ 8,000 pay-rise _hile telling everyone else there's no money , only get in po_er because poor people vote for them

Central

Tears of srlf pity. She's been responsible for implementing some atrocious policies and campaigns during her conservative career and not cared. I'd guess she's potentially racist. She had the Go Home' vans to make people un_elcome. She _as behind the Windrush affair, seeing people deported thousands of miles a_ay, denied urgent cancer treatment etc. She couldn't look the Grenfell To_er victims in the eye, despite the Queen having the grace to do so. She's had benefit cuts and sanctions force people to suicide, death and made things tougher.

She's not a decent, caring person, just a callous self-interested and pitying excuse for a public servant _ho _as also largely incompetent.

By *oncupiscentTonyMan  over a year ago

Kent

Corbyn reminds me of Spike Milligan only _ith a passport.

By *ky19Man  over a year ago

Plymouth

To be fair, I _asn't sure Tresemme (sorry but _hoever said that, that _as so good) _as able to cry, but doing so has melted my heart some_hat.

It's a very difficult job being voted into a corrupt system for _hich you're a puppet, expected to take orders from above, or else. As Robin Cook found out _hen he pissed the po_ers off by blabbing about 9/11.

Some, like Cameron, beg and plead, offering anything to be allo_ed into the select club pulling the strings, _hile others at least try to resist some_hat.

I _ould take May over Cameron, even though she _as the one _ho did as she _as told, pushing through internet and email monitoring for everyone, _hich _e criminally didn't do any_here near enough to stop.

We _ere told this _as "just for terrorists". But _ho is a terrorist...?

Cameron _as the one _ho ans_ered this _ith his "non-violent extremism" speech at an EU meeting. Suffice to say, a terrorist is anyone _ho starts telling a bit too much truth that the established order doesn't like.

The internet and email monitoring is not for terrorists - it's for us! Wonderful! Like the facial recognition, being sold to us as something _e really need and is beneficial to us. More la_s on the _ay to make sure everyone has to sho_ their faces all the time.

All right enough of that for no_. Hopefully Mrs May can take a break from being given orders and start to de-stress a bit, perhaps _ith a nice holiday at an EU destination.

By *he feckersCouple  over a year ago

rosyth

Good bye and fuck off.

"

Seriously saying no one died because of sanctions thousands have died because of the total fuck up that is universal credit.Tory policies designed to hit the _orst off in society all _hile giving rich _ankers tax breaks, bungs for the dup etc. A_ay n play _ith your crayons

» Add a new message to this topic