FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Bojo vs the lie on the side of the big red bus....

Bojo vs the lie on the side of the big red bus....

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *abio OP   Man  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

should he be taken to court for "misconduct in public office"....

before anyone asks why they have gone after johnson and not, for example, michael gove.. the reason is a technical one...

because johnson in office (mayor of london) during the 2016 ref and the 2017 GE his is liable in 2 instances whilst in public office during campaigns... whereas when a GE is called, mp's are no longer mp's, so in theory gove only did it once during a campaign....

if some "reporter" was smart now, they would ask him the question now and see if he answers it (the sensible answer would be for him to say no comment due to ongoing legal matters... but is he going to be that disciplined in the middle of a tory leadership contest?)

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *wosmilersCouple  over a year ago

Heathrowish

"should he be taken to court for "misconduct in public office"....

before anyone asks why they have gone after johnson and not, for example, michael gove.. the reason is a technical one...

because johnson in office (mayor of london) during the 2016 ref and the 2017 GE his is liable in 2 instances whilst in public office during campaigns... whereas when a GE is called, mp's are no longer mp's, so in theory gove only did it once during a campaign....

if some "reporter" was smart now, they would ask him the question now and see if he answers it (the sensible answer would be for him to say no comment due to ongoing legal matters... but is he going to be that disciplined in the middle of a tory leadership contest?)"

It's a private prosecution and the finding of the district judge who has sent it to trial stated is that it's currently unproven.

Private prosecutions have a very low success rate.

And another thing......if it is simply because a politician lied during a campaign then the courts will be better placed if they clear all other business for a while.

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

Surely Boris Johnson will claim that its a matter of semantics.

At the time, we did "send", £350 million a week to the EU. The fact that we got a sizeable rebate on that sum, is another issue entirely.

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

No. The rebate was deducted before any money was sent. And Johnson is on record previously quoting a figure half of that written on the bus.

Just another example of Johnson's allergy to the truth when he sees an opportunity for personal advancement.

He was rapped by the press regulator recently for making false statements about public support for a hard Brexit in his Telegraph column.

Astonishingly, the Telegraph tried to argue that anything written by Boris Johnson "could not be reasonably read as a serious, empirical, in-depth analysis of hard factual matters".

In other words, you cannot take anything he says seriously. Quite a claim about someone who thinks he has what it takes to be PM.

By *oodmessMan  over a year ago

yumsville

If anything it gives him an excuse to rescind his candidacy again, gather himself up and put his best foot forward in 2022 when all is forgotten and this new care taker has been outed for failure of duty.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Wonder if any more lawsuits emerge against other brexit liars....on both sides.

Luckily Boris is a very talented individual and his sister is an award winning journalist. He was extemelly successfull as mayor of London.

As hardly any members of the public have complained about lies on the side of the bus we can dismiss the small number who do As as malcontents with nothing else better to do with their lives.

Luckily the public prefer successfull people , not those who complain about political campaigns.

The public are not stupid , they are quite capable of making their own assessment of advertising campaigns.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Luckily Boris is a very talented individual and his sister is an award winning journalist. He was extemelly successfull as mayor of London.

As hardly any members of the public have complained about lies on the side of the bus we can dismiss the small number who do As as malcontents with nothing else better to do with their lives.

Luckily the public prefer successfull people , not those who complain about political campaigns.

The public are not stupid , they are quite capable of making their own assessment of advertising campaigns. "

Wrong on his tenure, independent objective analysis gives him a 'did ok' rating..

And whilst I think he's a machiavellan egotistical plagiariser I will go with that..

Where does your rating of his tenure come from, or is it just an opinion which you regularly state is not worth a jot on such sites?

That man is probably the main reason why we are currently in the mess we are in, Back stabbing, individual that I personally think is a blathering buffoon.

You've only got to see him wandering around with his shirt tail out under his suit to know this man is totally unsuited to public office. Gord help us if he wins the vote to be next tory leader. We really will be up the creek without a paddle and I am a die hard tory voter, but they can forget me ever voting for them again. I really feel like weeping as that man is going to cost us all a bloody fortune.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

He will survive.

A bit like cockroaches will survive after a nuclear explosion.

He’s a perennial bad smell.

"Surely Boris Johnson will claim that its a matter of semantics.

At the time, we did "send", £350 million a week to the EU. The fact that we got a sizeable rebate on that sum, is another issue entirely. "

Wrong...

Boris claimed we sent £350 million a week, reporters pressed him on it saying that was the gross figure before the rebate so we never send £350 million and Boris refused that calculation insisting we do send £350 million.

Just plain out right lying.

Heathrowish

Our net payment is around £8 billion according to the EU. That already allows for the rebate. The weekly figure is therefore around £160 million.

I know that the issue is honesty but does anyone actually think that the figure of £150 mil on the side of the bus would have made any difference to the quoted £350 mil in respect of the final vote?

Bristol East

Whether it's £150m or £350m is really neither here or there - both simply create an impression of a vast sum of money flowing out of the UK.

Align that impression with the constant smears of the right-wing populist press - all the downsides, never the upsides - and you can see how seductive the whole thing.

The reality, of course, is that these same politicians have done absolutely nothing since to address the grievances they were tapping into - the burning injustices, as Mrs May called them.

Is it any wonder people now are looking in a different direction for leadership?

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

Just like the 350 or 250 or 150 wudnt of made a difference at all same as Osborn’s half a million job losses the day after a vote to leave people know spin when they see it

"Just like the 350 or 250 or 150 wudnt of made a difference at all same as Osborn’s half a million job losses the day after a vote to leave people know spin when they see it "
if it makes no differwnce I do wonder why lie?

And there's a subtle difference between Osborne and Bojo.

The HMRC was most likely a duff output coming from something off in their model. Imo that should have been looked at. But wasn't a lie unless it was a willfully incorrect assumption or model albeit negligent analysis.

Bojos was an outright lie that was easily verifiable as true or false.

Heathrowish

Comparing BoJo with Osbourne is like comparing Hitler and Stalin.....both very evil and distateful fellows.

By *oncupiscentTonyMan  over a year ago

Kent

Imagine his prison cell, all done up like he's Groutie.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Firstly to the guy who on another thread said it was Farage that talked about this £350 mill,he was wrong and I was right,typical remainer cannot get his facts right lol.

This has nothing to do with what he said as all polititions all the time quote figures in a way to suit them,this is a very dangerous presitent.

All it is is another attempt to stop us leaving the EU,very sad as there are plenty of brexiteers to lead the party anyway.

The problem with this is that Boris is the most likely to destroy the marxist left of the so called labour party.Destroying Corbyn/Mcdonald is far more important than Brexit.

upton wirral

"Comparing BoJo with Osbourne is like comparing Hitler and Stalin.....both very evil and distateful fellows."
They are saints compared to Corbyn/Mcdonald

upton wirral

"Wonder if any more lawsuits emerge against other brexit liars....on both sides. "
What about remainer lies so so pathetic,you lot will lose be sure of that

The remainders lied even worse and still do now. It's 3-0 to the leavers and the remoaners are now clutching at straws.

Was this a verifiable lie? Yes.

Should we allow verifiable lies in politics? Imo no.

The only shame is this wasn't addressed at the time.

Better to do, and then apologise. Or not even do that.

Yes politicians spin. But this isn't spin. And imo its dangerous to allow unchallenged.

But as ever it seems those you look at whether you are on the same side as the person before deciding if he's right or wrong.

Bristol East

"Wonder if any more lawsuits emerge against other brexit liars....on both sides. What about remainer lies so so pathetic,you lot will lose be sure of that"

"Lie" : a false statement made with the deliberate intention to deceive.

What are the other lies you are referring to?

"Luckily Boris is a very talented individual and his sister is an award winning journalist. He was extemelly successfull as mayor of London.

The public are not stupid , they are quite capable of making their own assessment of advertising campaigns. "

I swear to god all you southerners are soft in the head, or deluded from Rule Britannia, home counties pride, even brexit voters I know up north think he's a lying cunt.

"The remainders lied even worse and still do now. It's 3-0 to the leavers and the remoaners are now clutching at straws. "

Tell me a lie that remainers told you?

The trouble with the English and to a lesser extent, the Scots and Welsh, is that the class system is very much alive. People in power who have come from high-priced private schooling systems (I’m talking Eton, Winchester, etc) are called ‘buffoons’ and ‘eccentric’ etc and are allowed to descend into hell with the public laughing and wrongly thinking they are being condescending and so, perversely superior.

Nothing could be further from the truth. Not to treat politicians with contempt and distain and to say it like it is, gives those same politicians great power to succeed in being utter tossers and self-serving egomaniacs. You guys really have to chuck the class system out along with the likes of JRM ( who quoted the phrase summing up what I’m saying, one day in Westminster, which I’ve forgotten) and Johnston

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

"Firstly to the guy who on another thread said it was Farage that talked about this £350 mill,he was wrong and I was right,typical remainer cannot get his facts right lol.

This has nothing to do with what he said as all polititions all the time quote figures in a way to suit them,this is a very dangerous presitent.

All it is is another attempt to stop us leaving the EU,very sad as there are plenty of brexiteers to lead the party anyway.

The problem with this is that Boris is the most likely to destroy the marxist left of the so called labour party.Destroying Corbyn/Mcdonald is far more important than Brexit.

"

Is this the place we inhabit now?

“All is forgiven as long as it was in the cause of Brexit! Lies, deceit and subterfuge can all be forgiven because you truly are a heroic Brexiter.”

This could set a very complexed precedence. Because politicians lie, it is their nature. If BoJo can be prosecuted for this, then just about every politician could potentially find themselves in the dock.

It seems to me that this case has been brought about by some people who have a personal disliking of the man, including those who contributed to the crowd fundoing.

These proceedings are a total misuse of the judicial process. The person initiating the action is simply a publicity seeking crank who has no interest in the law or the welfare of British people .

in Lancashire

"These proceedings are a total misuse of the judicial process. The person initiating the action is simply a publicity seeking crank who has no interest in the law or the welfare of British people .

"

Who knew that amongst your many skills that you are also a mental health professional..

Actually by your use of crank your not are you..

Nor do you know much about the legal system either..

Try again Pat..

By *tace 309TV/TS  over a year ago

durham

"The remainders lied even worse and still do now. It's 3-0 to the leavers and the remoaners are now clutching at straws. "
it's pathetic clap trap as usual from the babies in their prams.

North West

"This could set a very complexed precedence. Because politicians lie, it is their nature. If BoJo can be prosecuted for this, then just about every politician could potentially find themselves in the dock.

It seems to me that this case has been brought about by some people who have a personal disliking of the man, including those who contributed to the crowd fundoing."

That is exactly what it should do, set a precedent so that in future no MP will feel that they can be so economical with facts and get away with it.

It is truly astonishing that there are people on the Brexit side who would forgive anyone and everything as long as it was a Brexiter accused of wrong doing.

Is that really the country that we live in now?

I really do hope that this is solely about holding a pathological liar to account. A man who has been fired before for lying and who has been caught out countless times for lying, but in less meaningful circumstances.

North West

"These proceedings are a total misuse of the judicial process. The person initiating the action is simply a publicity seeking crank who has no interest in the law or the welfare of British people .

"

So lying is fine? (On a site like this - obviously) but in the real world - anyone can and should lie as long as it furthers their agenda?

upton wirral

"The trouble with the English and to a lesser extent, the Scots and Welsh, is that the class system is very much alive. People in power who have come from high-priced private schooling systems (I’m talking Eton, Winchester, etc) are called ‘buffoons’ and ‘eccentric’ etc and are allowed to descend into hell with the public laughing and wrongly thinking they are being condescending and so, perversely superior.

Nothing could be further from the truth. Not to treat politicians with contempt and distain and to say it like it is, gives those same politicians great power to succeed in being utter tossers and self-serving egomaniacs. You guys really have to chuck the class system out along with the likes of JRM ( who quoted the phrase summing up what I’m saying, one day in Westminster, which I’ve forgotten) and Johnston"

"The remainders lied even worse and still do now. It's 3-0 to the leavers and the remoaners are now clutching at straws.

Tell me a lie that remainers told you?"

Don't worry the EU doesn't want an army. Is one of many including fear stories of no food and planes being grounded.

Why do you want to be ruled by faceless strangers with no association to you who laugh and call us a colony. It's beyond me

By *ab_SparklesWoman  over a year ago

sparkle Surprised

While I got confused, I am just feeling devilish waiting on him going to court. Imagine if he lies under oath. And or contempt of court. You can see it not ending well.

upton wirral

"While I got confused, I am just feeling devilish waiting on him going to court. Imagine if he lies under oath. And or contempt of court. You can see it not ending well. "
He will have clever lawers and will win easily,I could defend him this nonesence is easy to get round

By *bandjam91Couple  over a year ago

London

"While I got confused, I am just feeling devilish waiting on him going to court. Imagine if he lies under oath. And or contempt of court. You can see it not ending well. He will have clever lawers and will win easily,I could defend him this nonesence is easy to get round"

I'm fairly sure spelling is important in the legal profession.

London

"

Know him personally do you?

in Lancashire

"While I got confused, I am just feeling devilish waiting on him going to court. Imagine if he lies under oath. And or contempt of court. You can see it not ending well. He will have clever lawers and will win easily,I could defend him this nonesence is easy to get round"

Of course you could..

Just like you've defended yourself on here when challenged about your wanting to spit on people who voted remain..

Oh wait, you haven't..

By *oi_LucyCouple  over a year ago

Barbados

What's his sister got to do with it?

Beyond even your usual claptrap, Pat.

-Matt

"The remainders lied even worse and still do now. It's 3-0 to the leavers and the remoaners are now clutching at straws.

Tell me a lie that remainers told you?

Don't worry the EU doesn't want an army. Is one of many including fear stories of no food and planes being grounded.

Why do you want to be ruled by faceless strangers with no association to you who laugh and call us a colony. It's beyond me"

Some in the EU do seem to want a unified army.

A.) Depending on how command and responsibility is distributed, and how centralised it is, I don't mind this.

Nobody has the answer to that until a plan is made.

Additionally, I mean NATO seems understrain and America is having an identity crisis over American exceptionalism Vs being the world police, so maybe it's not a bad idea. Those two certainties have helped keep Europe safe from Russia.

B.) In the EU we can use our veto to well, veto any plan if we want. Just like how we stupidly vetoed measures against Chinese steel dumping.

C.) No food and medicine.

Less informed on food, but a friend working in supply chain logistics, theres mass stockpiles.

Medicines I know about. You want cancer treatments, most of which we buy from the EU. You cannot move those chemicals accross a border without a deal. That's why we are stockpiling certain treatments, mainly cancer treatments with toxic or radioactive substances.

D.) Planes. We haven't left, there's still a chance grounded flights are a outcome with a no deal failure.

E.) My understanding is if you watch the full video they are taking the piss out of how hard liners throw the terms 'colony', 'vassalated' and 'subjugated' around without really being aware that our nation did this as foreign policy, and kept Europe divided prior to WW1 for our own gain.

Plus just the paranoia they have and hilarity regarding their lack of grasp on political reality.

Everybody knows it was a lie.

But tell a lie often e ough and it becomes a truth. Or if not a truth it becomes a default go to.

How much do we give to the EU?

And without googling.

How much do we give after the rebate.

And how much do we give after the rebate and all the payments which come back (eg Cap) which have been indicated we'd continue.

I'm guessing most will have a number of 350 come easy. Yet the others, less so. I will admit I'd need to check.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

It's good that it is being pursued and that he finally may get to be held more accountable for his wrongdoings.

We do need greater controls and punishments for politicians and elected officials, to help to constrain their disregards for moral and legal rules, including their loss of privilege to hold such positions

Know him personally do you?"

It would be difficult see how any rational person would take this course of action . Just s publicity seeking crank misusing the judicial process. ( a similar summary to what the lawyer representing Boris said ).

Absolutely spot on

By *V-AliceTV/TS  over a year ago

Ayr

Boris is a liar. If you're stupid enough to believe anything he says, without question, that's your problem. It's not something there needs to be a legal case over.

Btw, you could substitute the name Boris with that of many other politicians.

By *ony 2016Man  over a year ago

Huddersfield /derby cinemas

Does this mean our NHS won't be getting £350million every week ?

"This could set a very complexed precedence. Because politicians lie, it is their nature. If BoJo can be prosecuted for this, then just about every politician could potentially find themselves in the dock.

It seems to me that this case has been brought about by some people who have a personal disliking of the man, including those who contributed to the crowd fundoing.

That is exactly what it should do, set a precedent so that in future no MP will feel that they can be so economical with facts and get away with it.

It is truly astonishing that there are people on the Brexit side who would forgive anyone and everything as long as it was a Brexiter accused of wrong doing.

Is that really the country that we live in now?

I really do hope that this is solely about holding a pathological liar to account. A man who has been fired before for lying and who has been caught out countless times for lying, but in less meaningful circumstances."

Your quite correct, I want out of the EU at all costs, the fact that politicians on both side of the argument were economical with the truth makes no difference, the right side won.

Besides I like old Boris, and see this move by some rabbit libtard as nothing more than a vendetta. It is not being done for any other reason than that the twat doesn’t like him.

Look at the amount of lies Corbyn has told, I don’t see him in court over his love affair with Gerry Adams!

This court case is nothing more than a politically motivated attack, designed and timed by a fanatical remainer to damage Boris Johnson's leadership of the Conservative party campaign.

After all it was the Labour MP Gisela Stewart who founded the Vote Leave campaign and she was the chairwoman, surely if anyone should be in the dock for this then it should be her.

The case will fall flat on its face at the first hurdle anyway, because the independent and impartial Fullfact website had the £350 million figure on its website clearly broken down and explained in full detail during the referendum campaign. It was very clearly explained on Fullfact the £350 million figure is the top line figure, which then has the rebate and other deductions taken from it, distinguishing between the Gross figure and the Net figure.

By *ab_SparklesWoman  over a year ago

sparkle Surprised

"While I got confused, I am just feeling devilish waiting on him going to court. Imagine if he lies under oath. And or contempt of court. You can see it not ending well. He will have clever lawers and will win easily,I could defend him this nonesence is easy to get round

Of course you could..

Just like you've defended yourself on here when challenged about your wanting to spit on people who voted remain..

Oh wait, you haven't..

"

Huh

"This court case is nothing more than a politically motivated attack, designed and timed by a fanatical remainer to damage Boris Johnson's leadership of the Conservative party campaign.

After all it was the Labour MP Gisela Stewart who founded the Vote Leave campaign and she was the chairwoman, surely if anyone should be in the dock for this then it should be her.

The case will fall flat on its face at the first hurdle anyway, because the independent and impartial Fullfact website had the £350 million figure on its website clearly broken down and explained in full detail during the referendum campaign. It was very clearly explained on Fullfact the £350 million figure is the top line figure, which then has the rebate and other deductions taken from it, distinguishing between the Gross figure and the Net figure. "

While I suspect it will fail, I'm not sure that we should rely on a website to offset MPs claims, particularly when they are wrong. I suspect if anything does stick it will be that birsi continued with the 350m even when corrected.

"This court case is nothing more than a politically motivated attack, designed and timed by a fanatical remainer to damage Boris Johnson's leadership of the Conservative party campaign.

The case will fall flat on its face at the first hurdle anyway, because the independent and impartial Fullfact website had the £350 million figure on its website clearly broken down and explained in full detail during the referendum campaign. It was very clearly explained on Fullfact the £350 million figure is the top line figure, which then has the rebate and other deductions taken from it, distinguishing between the Gross figure and the Net figure. "

It also looks like the person bringing the case is a little economical with the truth. He claims all the campaigners are providing their services free of charge yet paid himself a salary of £24, 000 from the crowd funding appeal

He has also deleted his personal page on the crowd founder website . It states that his intention was to stop Brexiy.

By *oodmessMan  over a year ago

yumsville

I am not exactly familiar with the court system but I'd think cases like these don't just appear, they'd take time to gain a lawyer willing to take it on, build evidence, arbitrate and argue contents. It's likely been in the making for well over a year.

Whether they are a fanatical remainer or not is besides the point, it has been decided there is a case to answer.

I did wonder why Gisela Stewart and Gove weren't included as they did head up the official campaign too. Though according to reports the three counts of misleading the public whilst office relate to separate campaigns in 2016 leave campaign and 2017 GE, it's not just a matter of the £350m bus.

It's also gone via a judge to see if there is a case to be answered.

I am enjoying how a thread which has "all politicians lie" is starting to take newspaper reports (especially DM) as gospel truth.

"It's also gone via a judge to see if there is a case to be answered.

I am enjoying how a thread which has "all politicians lie" is starting to take newspaper reports (especially DM) as gospel truth. "

Some people sit at their kitchen table with 3 copies of the DM and make their decisions that way

London

Know him personally do you? It would be difficult see how any rational person would take this course of action . Just s publicity seeking crank misusing the judicial process. ( a similar summary to what the lawyer representing Boris said ). "

Yes, I know you're quoting his lawyer. There are plenty of other rational views, you just can't see them because you're not rational.

London

It's already cleared it's first hurdle and it's been shown time and time again that the figure is a complete lie. Hence the case.

Ps Centy. We didn't leave at the end of March despite you insisting it would happen. Wrong before and wrong again.

By *abio OP   Man  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

I did wonder why Gisela Stewart and Gove weren't included as they did head up the official campaign too. Though according to reports the three counts of misleading the public whilst office relate to separate campaigns in 2016 leave campaign and 2017 GE,

it's not just a matter of the £350m bus."

I answered that in the opening post.....

I did get one thing wrong.... i said he said the lie during 2 sets of national campaigns.... i got this incorrect...

the legal account says he repeated the claim in 3 seperate national campaigns (and they would have proof of this on multiple occasions to put this in claim)

the 2016 referendum, the 2017 local elections, and the 2017 general election... all whilst in theory he was mayor of london

with gove and stewart, because the 2017 local elections were in may and the 2017 general election was in june.... they wrapped up parliament in mid april... from that point they are deemed not to be MP's.....

stewart didn't fight the 2017 general election, and gove never repeated the claim in campaigns.... so they are deemed only to have done it once whilst in public office.....

Know him personally do you? It would be difficult see how any rational person would take this course of action . Just s publicity seeking crank misusing the judicial process. ( a similar summary to what the lawyer representing Boris said ).

Yes, I know you're quoting his lawyer. There are plenty of other rational views, you just can't see them because you're not rational."

It's an odd position to take Even if we beg the question and assume his reasons are nefarious, it sti seems there is a case to answer for. So regardless of whether he has an interest in law or not, cares about the people or not, it may be Boris broke the law and willfully and illegal misled the people. If true, why does the plaintiffs motives matter so much?

if some "reporter" was smart now, they would ask him the question now and see if he answers it (the sensible answer would be for him to say no comment due to ongoing legal matters... but is he going to be that disciplined in the middle of a tory leadership contest?)"

Boris has no case to answer OP, the high court has just reviewed this and Judges have thrown the case out earlier today, after Boris Johnson's Lawyers had said the case was "politically motivated".

So sorry to burst your bubble, but there won't even be a case or a trial to answer to.

By *ony 2016Man  over a year ago

Huddersfield /derby cinemas

if some "reporter" was smart now, they would ask him the question now and see if he answers it (the sensible answer would be for him to say no comment due to ongoing legal matters... but is he going to be that disciplined in the middle of a tory leadership contest?)

Boris has no case to answer OP, the high court has just reviewed this and Judges have thrown the case out earlier today, after Boris Johnson's Lawyers had said the case was "politically motivated".

So sorry to burst your bubble, but there won't even be a case or a trial to answer to. "

. If the Judge says " no case to answer as the case was politically motivated " then fair enough I accept that as the Judge far more knowledgable than I ,,,,, A couple of questions though (1) Did the judge say if the writing on the side of the bus was politically motivated ? (2) does this now mean our NHS will get £350million every week when we leave the EU , ( nb Donald Trump very interested in the answer to my 2nd question )

in Lancashire

It was always a possibility that it would get thrown out but many times sacked for lying by newspapers and Michael Howard etc plus other more personal lies Boris is known to be a liar whatever any outcome..

The lies on the bus were not only his..

Heathrowish

So sorry to burst your bubble, but there won't even be a case or a trial to answer to. . If the Judge says " no case to answer as the case was politically motivated " then fair enough I accept that as the Judge far more knowledgable than I ,,,,, A couple of questions though (1) Did the judge say if the writing on the side of the bus was politically motivated ? (2) does this now mean our NHS will get £350million every week when we leave the EU , ( nb Donald Trump very interested in the answer to my 2nd question ) "

In answer to your questions, consider the following...

1. The judge does not have to consider that.

2. While we have had some increase in NHS spending since 2016, (the extent and whether it is money spent in the right areas can be debated elsewhere), we have yet to leave the EU.

Bristol East

He has succeeded in drawing attention to Johnson's serial dishonesty. Money well spent

Based on reports the judge hasn't yet said why it was thrown out. One view is it was as per BoJos defence that the case was pokicially motivated. Another is that the law they are using is only if the abuse was secret. So lying in public is okay.

These are both just views I've read about so far and so is speculation. Rationale will be published at a later date.

"He has succeeded in drawing attention to Johnson's serial dishonesty. Money well spent "
However most people will think that Marcus Ball has attempted to bluntly abuse the legal process . If he ( Marcus Ball ) thinks Boris is dishonest then he ( Marcus Ball ) is probably a 100 times more dishonest.

His use of crowd funding money to pay his personal expenses is highly questionable as is the salary drawn.

Has he prepared accounts that the public can scrutinise and did he register himself with HMRC.

He also has a number of failed businesses behind him.

Boris Johnson is a non stop success story. He knows how to pull voters and did a great job as mayor of London.

What has Marcus Ball ever achieves. ?

His own thread on fab. And irritating certain papers enough they went digging into company house plus birth certificates in order to smear. It's not bojo levels of success. But I suspect he didn't start from the same place on the ladder

in Lancashire

"He has succeeded in drawing attention to Johnson's serial dishonesty. Money well spent However most people will think that Marcus Ball has attempted to bluntly abuse the legal process . If he ( Marcus Ball ) thinks Boris is dishonest then he ( Marcus Ball ) is probably a 100 times more dishonest.

His use of crowd funding money to pay his personal expenses is highly questionable as is the salary drawn.

Has he prepared accounts that the public can scrutinise and did he register himself with HMRC.

Boris Johnson is a non stop success story. He knows how to pull voters and did a great job as mayor of London.

What has Marcus Ball ever achieves. ? "

He told the truth in that Boris lied, which is ironic in you questioning that given your own record on here for false claims..

You do have that in common with Boris it would appear..

And you still exhibit gross ignorance about the legal system..

Heathrowish

Was there a sustainable case to answer......the law says not.

It doesn't matter what we may think. The law says not.

An independent judiciary with a fully transparent appeal process has said no.

The case was a storm in a teacup that was ill timed if intended to derail Boris on his quest for world domination.....

It was the wet dream of a little shit crowd funded no doubt by a load of other little shits.

Now it’s over and BoJo will probably be our next prime minister...

In fact said little shit might have done him a favour. Conservative party members might be more likely to vote for him after this.

(m) Wish people would grow up - History shows millions of examples where the political class lied to the public

Chamberlain I have secured peace

Roosevelt Knew about the planned attack on Pearl Harbour

Corbyn in the 90's and 2000 a very welcomed anti EU speaker welcomed at many anti EU protests

the list is endless.

Why are Remainers and Leavers screaming at this whole matter as there are other many more pressing issues

Such as energy problems, clean water sources for the future, child poverty, lack of good education and more

Remainers and Leavers love to gloss over all these points as they all have No fucking clue how to deal with them

end of

"He has succeeded in drawing attention to Johnson's serial dishonesty. Money well spent However most people will think that Marcus Ball has attempted to bluntly abuse the legal process . If he ( Marcus Ball ) thinks Boris is dishonest then he ( Marcus Ball ) is probably a 100 times more dishonest.

He told the truth in that Boris lied, which is ironic in you questioning that given your own record on here for false claims..

And you still exhibit gross ignorance about the legal system.. "

Hi. I do not think Marcus Ball would know what the truth is. He even had to pull down his crowd funding page in an attempt to hide some of hid claims .

Bristol East

"

What has Marcus Ball ever achieves. ? "

I have no idea and I could not care less.

I'm interested only in what sort of charlatan has mobilised a team of spin doctors, lawyers, accountants, etc to propel himself into the highest office in the land.

This is his best shot at it.

He is not popular among MPs.

But they are torn between Brexit and keeping their jobs at an election.

I hope he gets through to the last 2.

Thngs will accelerate. Everything will accelerate. The destruction of the Conservative Party. The disintegration of the United Kingdom. The complete break down of the country.

Pop corn, anyone?

"(m) Wish people would grow up - History shows millions of examples where the political class lied to the public

Corbyn in the 90's and 2000 a very welcomed anti EU speaker welcomed at many anti EU protests

the list is endless.

Why are Remainers and Leavers screaming at this whole matter as there are other many more pressing issues

Such as energy problems, clean water sources for the future, child poverty, lack of good education and more

Remainers and Leavers love to gloss over all these points as they all have No fucking clue how to deal with them

end of"

Well said.

The way both sides go on you'd think we lived in a perfect world until Brexit.

in Lancashire

And you still exhibit gross ignorance about the legal system.. Hi. I do not think Marcus Ball would know what the truth is. He even had to pull down his crowd funding page in an attempt to hide some of hid claims . "

Are you totally dumb?

The issue in question is not whether Marcus Ball knows the truth per se, he is right in that he knows Boris is a liar..

Previous Tory party hierarchy know it, they've even sacked him for lying to their faces..

What is not in question is that Boris has a record for lying, do some research..

Hansard is probably one place to look..

Bristol East

"He has succeeded in drawing attention to Johnson's serial dishonesty. Money well spent However most people will think that Marcus Ball has attempted to bluntly abuse the legal process . "

Only if he has enough spin doctors and enough editors persuaded to take the Johnson line on the case.

How they report it is how Johnson's team will measure whether it is a positive or a minus.

I'm afraid I am biased.

And you still exhibit gross ignorance about the legal system.. Hi. I do not think Marcus Ball would know what the truth is. He even had to pull down his crowd funding page in an attempt to hide some of hid claims .

Are you totally dumb?

The issue in question is not whether Marcus Ball knows the truth per se, he is right in that he knows Boris is a liar..

Previous Tory party hierarchy know it, they've even sacked him for lying to their faces..

What is not in question is that Boris has a record for lying, do some research..

"

If we were to follow your logic , the case would not have been thrown out. You have already indicated that you have faith in the legal system. As such with the case being thrown out many people would conclude that Boris was telling the truth.

It was inevitable that this case would be thrown out . It was nothing more than a failed publicity stunt.

in Lancashire

"(m) Wish people would grow up - History shows millions of examples where the political class lied to the public

the list is endless.

end of"

We've had endless debates about austerity and it's effects on some in society, global inequalities and yes its been mentioned that as we type and read these posts children are dying from preventable illnesses etc..

And do you know what, some of the people on here of the right could give not a toss about such things..

Some might think that a few of them positively relish in such things so it's been said before and whilst your points are valid no thread albeit they do drift around can encompass all the wrongs of this world..

What are your solutions btw..?

in Lancashire

And you still exhibit gross ignorance about the legal system.. Hi. I do not think Marcus Ball would know what the truth is. He even had to pull down his crowd funding page in an attempt to hide some of hid claims .

Are you totally dumb?

If we were to follow your logic , the case would not have been thrown out. You have already indicated that you have faith in the legal system. As such with the case being thrown out many people would conclude that Boris was telling the truth.

It was inevitable that this case would be thrown out . It was nothing more than a failed publicity stunt. "

The reason why it was not allowed to proceed will have nothing to do with the point in question..

That was not their remit, you might think you would know that simple fact..

It's been shown to have been a lie countless times..

Unless your now saying the slogan on the bus was true?

Are you totally dumb?

It was inevitable that this case would be thrown out . It was nothing more than a failed publicity stunt.

The reason why it was not allowed to proceed will have nothing to do with the point in question..

"

You seem to have an obsession with Boris Johnson.

There are few recent newspaper articles about Boris lying so I will conclude that most people are happy with his performance .

If he was considered to be a liar I am sure that most people could form their own opinion of him.

You are of course entitled to express your opinion, what you cannot expect is everyone to blindly accept them.

As things stand Boris Johnson is a very popular MP.

in Lancashire

Are you totally dumb?

There are few recent newspaper articles about Boris lying so I will conclude that most people are happy with his performance .

If he was considered to be a liar I am sure that most people could form their own opinion of him.

You are of course entitled to express your opinion, what you cannot expect is everyone to blindly accept them.

As things stand Boris Johnson is a very popular MP."

You seem to have an obsession with or accepting that a person with a proven track record of lying throughout his professional and personal life is not fit to hold the highest office in the land..

And that is across the board, where he to be labour, lib dem, greens etc the fundamental issue remains..

Why is it that you are ok with such a person being Pm because you and I know where this to be about a Labour, lib dem or Green MP you would be very firmly opposed..

Are you totally dumb?

You seem to have an obsession with or accepting that a person with a proven track record of lying throughout his professional and personal life is not fit to hold the highest office in the land..

And that is across the board, where he to be labour, lib dem, greens etc the fundamental issue remains..

Why is it that you are ok with such a person being Pm because you and I know where this to be about a Labour, lib dem or Green MP you would be very firmly opposed.. "

I will accept the result of yesterday's court hearing and conclude that Boris did not lie. It was Marcus Ball who decided to use the judical process to see if Boris was a liar.

Most balanced rational people would try and avoid taking cases to court st all costs .

It looks like Marcus Ball might now be facing bankruptcy.

Maybe he might think more carefully in future before abusing the judicial process .

It took less than five minutes for the case to be thrown out.

in Lancashire

Are you totally dumb?

Why is it that you are ok with such a person being Pm because you and I know where this to be about a Labour, lib dem or Green MP you would be very firmly opposed.. I will accept the result of yesterday's court hearing and conclude that Boris did not lie. It was Marcus Ball who decided to use the judical process to see if Boris was a liar.

Most balanced rational people would try and avoid taking cases to court st all costs .

It looks like Marcus Ball might now be facing bankruptcy.

Maybe he might think more carefully in future before abusing the judicial process .

It took less than five minutes for the case to be thrown out. "

Carry on being a drone then..

» Add a new message to this topic