FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > What is an English city supposed to look like?

What is an English city supposed to look like?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ara J OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

"Some years ago I opined that London was not really an English city any more. Virtually all my friends from abroad have confirmed my observation. So there must be some truth in it... I also note that London was the UK city that voted most strongly to stay in the EU."

- John Cleese, tweeting from his home in the Carribean.

I'm not English, so I'd love to hear what an English city is supposed to look like.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ethnmelvCouple  over a year ago

Chudleigh

He is such a dickhead these days

By *oncupiscentTonyMan  over a year ago

Kent

"I'm not English, so I'd love to hear what an English city is supposed to look like.

"

Magaluf

Benidorm

Kos

Adelaide

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Stanley

Bombay

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

We are just becoming or become very boring in our cities,the Character of Britain is dying it really upsets me.

Even traditional places have modern precincts,car parks etc.

As for London it is a busy capital city but has lost its character.

Of course the biggest problem is finding English people in London

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

Of course the biggest problem is finding English people in London"

ding ding ding.......

heck why try to even "code" this..........

By *ab_SparklesWoman  over a year ago

sparkle Surprised

Well the only thing I found strange is when people look down and there's helpful information on the pavement in London.

I always think that city's are meant to be a diverse thing. Only thing that i am not keen on is pushing religion onto people.

I think a lot of people actually do get on. You can learn a lot about things.

By *bandjam91Couple  over a year ago

London

"We are just becoming or become very boring in our cities,the Character of Britain is dying it really upsets me.

Yawn. Get to London much?

By *ab_SparklesWoman  over a year ago

sparkle Surprised

"We are just becoming or become very boring in our cities,the Character of Britain is dying it really upsets me.

Yawn. Get to London much?"

Not in the last few years. It's a bit of a fast lane for me. Rushing around. I have my view just as you have yours. Maybe you missed charm school.

London

Yawn. Get to London much?

Not in the last few years. It's a bit of a fast lane for me. Rushing around. I have my view just as you have yours. Maybe you missed charm school. "

That wasn't a reply to you.

By *ebjonnsonMan  over a year ago

Maldon

It’s my city but I don’t live there. Love cycling in or train for a night out.

It’s a true ‘world city’. We should be proud in the same way that New Yorkers are.

Kent

"

Lots of parts that weren't very 'English' (ie white?), like Brick Lane, Dalston, Brixton and Stoke Newington are now much more 'English' (ie white?)

upton wirral

"

ding ding ding.......

heck why try to even "code" this.........."

If you are implying what I thinkyou are you are a discrase you really discust me with your perverse nasty little mind,You are being racist

London

"

ding ding ding.......

heck why try to even "code" this..........If you are implying what I thinkyou are you are a discrase you really discust me with your perverse nasty little mind,You are being racist"

Irony much?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"

ding ding ding.......

heck why try to even "code" this.........."

Are all White people English to you? Racist much?

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"

ding ding ding.......

heck why try to even "code" this..........If you are implying what I thinkyou are you are a discrase you really discust me with your perverse nasty little mind,You are being racist

Irony much?"

In several contexts..

upton wirral

Englich people are all colours,mixed races and religions.

Do I have to spell it out I am talking about the extreme wealthy from overseas,many our white,tourists etc.

In the summer my own city of Liverpool has many Japanese,Chineese,American people etc there they are all different but not English.

Those that think I meant otherwise are very sick in my view.They also do not understand there own language

By *eavenNhellCouple  over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

""Some years ago I opined that London was not really an English city any more. Virtually all my friends from abroad have confirmed my observation. So there must be some truth in it... I also note that London was the UK city that voted most strongly to stay in the EU."

I'm not English, so I'd love to hear what an English city is supposed to look like.

"

what does he expect to see from a small hotel room windowin london heard of wildebeest crossing the Serengeti the hanging gardens of Babylon ?

As an Irish guy that lived in London for a while the guy is correct in what he is saying he did not say white he did not say black he did not say Asian he said not English. Huge difference.

London is not an English city no longer huge diversity that makes it up that's a fact as pointed out displacement happens so people need to stop being over sensitive and stop being politically correct Jesus Christ.

""Some years ago I opined that London was not really an English city any more. Virtually all my friends from abroad have confirmed my observation. So there must be some truth in it... I also note that London was the UK city that voted most strongly to stay in the EU."

what does he expect to see from a small hotel room windowin london heard of wildebeest crossing the Serengeti the

hanging gardens of Babylon ?"

pmsl....'is this a piece of your brain?'

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Huge capital and other cities typically attract diverse cultures and London has had such diversity existing since the Romans were around, alongside native tribes. It's got increased gentrification underway in many parts.

If he had picked a smaller city that doesn't have the same international standing of London, he'd find a different mix and greater cultural stability. But the UK is greater for having great diversity, it's part of its strength and character. His rose tinted spectacles perhaps need new lenses. He's not particularly that important, being non-resident and from somewhat divided position.

Chichester yes Brighton no.

Bristol East

"

How can you tell if someone is English is not?

By *oi_LucyCouple  over a year ago

Barbados

"

How can you tell if someone is English is not?"

Because they are eating fish and chips, waving a blue passport about and singing rule Britannia, of course.

-Matt

"

They voted to leave?? They like roast beef and Yorkshire pudding?? Like a curry and ten pints of lager on the weekend??

I don't know to be honest I'm going to assume it's based outward appearance and stereotypes so I'll have a stab at it while we are stereotyping .

So Union Jack t shirt ,pasty complexion and a unbridled hatred of other humans with more melanin and a love of jelly eels and pie and mash .

By *avagliamMan  over a year ago

London

"

An English city could look like Bewbush-Crawley: lots of 8 year old kids wearing chains as necklaces, on their bicycles, bullying anyone decently educated, not showing the two fingers nor constantly calling others "wanker/twat"...

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

"

They voted to leave?? They like roast beef and Yorkshire pudding?? Like a curry and ten pints of lager on the weekend??

I don't know to be honest I'm going to assume it's based outward appearance and stereotypes so I'll have a stab at it while we are stereotyping .

So Union Jack t shirt ,pasty complexion and a unbridled hatred of other humans with more melanin and a love of jelly eels and pie and mash . "

pmsl bobbbbb if you take out the curry jelly eels pie and mash Union Jack shirt pasty complexion hatred of other humans then you described me there or and I drink way more than ten pints on a weekend lol

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

ding ding ding.......

heck why try to even "code" this..........If you are implying what I thinkyou are you are a discrase you really discust me with your perverse nasty little mind,You are being racist"

Nope... you made that statement.. not me!

So let’s ask you the question another way....

How English is English enough for?

1st generation? How about 2nd generation! Do they need to use cockney rhymes? Have the pearly suits?

Bristol East

Or "knotted hankies" on their napper?

Socks and sandals make them easy to spot in London when the weather is good.

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Newbury

"

ding ding ding.......

So, rather than explain what you meant by "English", you immediately decide to lash out and accuse another poster of racism.

It rather does suggest that they are right.

What do you mean by "English"?

Literally speaking. It is a city located in England. So the suggestion that it's not English enough is implying what exactly?

And really who cares if it's English enough or not anyway?

Newbury

"Literally speaking. It is a city located in England. So the suggestion that it's not English enough is implying what exactly?

And really who cares if it's English enough or not anyway?"

What even is "English enough"?

Food must be 87% bland?

Only 5% of beers can be served at fridge temperature?

upton wirral

"

Well how they speak,if they have tourists maps etc it is not difficult

By *ou only live onceMan  over a year ago

London

Anyone who thinks London has "lost its character" hasn't been to London! It's as exciting as ever, and I'm born and bred here.

Don't get me started on the "not English enough"! A lazy caricature, and not true either! No doubting its diversity, but still mainly English/British...not that I should let facts get in the way of a good opinion.

And sorry this thread became London-centric. John Cheese's point is irritating to the extreme, applied to any city.

By *ou only live onceMan  over a year ago

London

"

How can you tell if someone is English is not?Well how they speak,if they have tourists maps etc it is not difficult"

Tourism is pretty important to the UK's economy...just saying. Surely we should be embracing people that want to visit, tourist maps and all...!

Well I can answer that inasmuch as London is now a world city with its nearest comparison being New York.

I grew up there and saw most of the changes from pre-Canary Wharf run down decaying and dying industry through to the obscene amounts of wealth flooding into it from dubious oligarchs and dodgy money laundering schemes. The old tropes about jellied eels and pearly kings and queens are ancient history. I left London for Bristol 15 years ago and although its been harder to make a good living here the quality of life is fabulous and I wish more places were like it. As for what is a representative English Town these days.... I would love to know! Dorchester, Poole, Blackpool, Leeds, Exeter, Truro, Norwich, Newcastle? Any ideas? Personally I think there area lot of people who are invested in a nostalgic vision of the good old days which was really a load of old tosh left over from the days of empire. Sometimes I think the worst thing that has happened to this country is the national trust because even though I love looking at the old houses I believe its very existence encourages a toxic attitude of veneration towards the wealthy not to mention a nice escape route for them from death duties.

"Literally speaking. It is a city located in England. So the suggestion that it's not English enough is implying what exactly?

Food must be 87% bland?

"

Well indeed.

I'm just questioning what the implication is of someone claiming that it's not English enough.

And questioning what the problem is with an out of touch actor/comedian deeming that London isn't English enough. Who cares!

"

How can you tell if someone is English is not?Well how they speak,if they have tourists maps etc it is not difficult"

You weren't referring to tourists .Are you suggesting you can't find English people because London is full of tourists.

That's bollocks ...

By *wosmilersCouple  over a year ago

Heathrowish

If London is becoming less English, perhaps we could shift out the interlopers.

Celts, Romans, Angles, Saxons, Jutes, Norse, Normans, French, Welsh, Scots, Huegenots, Spanish, Portuguese....and that covers just some of those from before 18th century.....I don't think that there are enough Ryanair flights to cope lol.

By *lem-H-FandangoMan  over a year ago

salisbury

I guess id be disappointed if i flew across the world to sample the delights of Shanghai, only to discover that there wasn't many Chinese people living there at all, and that most of the traditional cuisine and customs had been replaced with those from foreign communities. Maybe I'd spent 12 months learning some of the local lingo only to discover everyone who served me food and drink was Australian, Polish , or from New Zealand!

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"

Don't tell me you based your comment above on a news article with buck house in the background..

Or was it Big Ben..

Btw in these modern times the clever tourist uses an app..

Bristol East

London must be the only English city whose industry wasn't hollowed out by the Tories. Perhaps that is makes it so different.

Not that there is anything new about right-wingers waging war on their perceived enemy - the working classes.

This year is the 100th anniversary of the British government using tanks, troops and warships against ordinary citizens who dared to stand up to their mistreatment by capitalists and war-mongers in the ruling class.

1919, it is worth studying if you want to understand how the ruling class reacts when it feels threatened.

"If London is becoming less English, perhaps we could shift out the interlopers.

Celts, Romans, Angles, Saxons, Jutes, Norse, Normans, French, Welsh, Scots, Huegenots, Spanish, Portuguese....and that covers just some of those from before 18th century.....I don't think that there are enough Ryanair flights to cope lol."

Huguenots are often touted around when these subjects occur but it's worth stating the numbers, 40,000 came to England over a 40 year period when England's population was over 8 million.

The answer to people's observations is obvious, if you can't tell what's English then you can't tell what's foreign and therefore how the hell can you proclaim it as diverse?, You wouldn't know any difference, the fact that you know it's diverse means you know what's English and what isn't so asking silly questions like what's English is just childishness.

Bristol East

" . . . the fact that you know it's diverse means you know what's English and what isn't so asking silly questions like what's English is just childishness."

That means you must be able to define what is English and what is not English.

Good. I'm looking forward to your definition.

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

The Englishness of 50 years ago isn't the same as the Englishness of today.

Some prefer the old, some embrace the new but it's still Englishness.

" . . . the fact that you know it's diverse means you know what's English and what isn't so asking silly questions like what's English is just childishness.

That means you must be able to define what is English and what is not English.

Good. I'm looking forward to your definition."

You define diverse

It's a circular argument of your own making, diverse of culture means you know what the original culture was, otherwise your not diverse just more populated.

By *ethnmelvCouple  over a year ago

Chudleigh

To use other words of Cleese, in a perhaps more enlightened period of his - ‘what have the non English, ever done for us?’ With a little bit of education we can see that what he says now is tosh - not quite as crap as Morrissey, but ending up in the same bigoted space.

"To use other words of Cleese, in a perhaps more enlightened period of his - ‘what have the non English, ever done for us?’ With a little bit of education we can see that what he says now is tosh - not quite as crap as Morrissey, but ending up in the same bigoted space."

Bristol East

"It's a circular argument of your own making, diverse of culture means you know what the original culture was, otherwise your not diverse just more populated."

Sorry, it was you who brought "diversity" into the conversation, so I'd be interested to know in what sense - ethnicity, gender, sexuality, race, disability, religion etc.

And I am not nearly as old as Cleese, who I presume is contrasting London today with London when he was a child.

What has changed that it no longer feels like an English city to him? Is there a template?

Bristol East

As an outsider looking in, London feels like a cosmopolitan place that attracts people from all over the world. Surely that is a sign of a very successful city? I do not understand why an English person resents that instead of feeling proud about it.

"London must be the only English city whose industry wasn't hollowed out by the Tories. Perhaps that is makes it so different.

Not that there is anything new about right-wingers waging war on their perceived enemy - the working classes.

This year is the 100th anniversary of the British government using tanks, troops and warships against ordinary citizens who dared to stand up to their mistreatment by capitalists and war-mongers in the ruling class.

1919, it is worth studying if you want to understand how the ruling class reacts when it feels threatened."

I am afraid I have to disagree with you there. London was on its uppers when I moved there and the decline was mainly due to the rise of suburbia and the easy access to private motor vehicles. The traditional industries of London were hanging on by a thread and when canary wharf and the 80’s boom came along much of it went to the wall replaced by a service industry culture and large out of town shopping malls (bluewater). The low property values in east London found a new generation of gentrifyers making loadsamoney and that combined with eastern european oligarchs wanting to move their money into property has lead to the festering blister that is London today. Its not my London anymore but it is an amazing city.

"It's a circular argument of your own making, diverse of culture means you know what the original culture was, otherwise your not diverse just more populated.

Sorry, it was you who brought "diversity" into the conversation, so I'd be interested to know in what sense - ethnicity, gender, sexuality, race, disability, religion etc.

And I am not nearly as old as Cleese, who I presume is contrasting London today with London when he was a child.

What has changed that it no longer feels like an English city to him? Is there a template?

"

No I was commenting on the numerous posts above me all declaring London's diversity while not knowing what "English" meant, so my point was if you can spot culture diversity then you must know what English culture is or you wouldn't be able to spot the diversity!

What's changed to him? I'm guessing London, the whole of it, from the landscape to the markets to the accents and clothing, it's no longer culturally English but is a montage of cultures creeds and religions instead of the mono culture, creed and religion it was.

I don't think it's the observation of a racist just an old man.

Bristol East

I wonder if he gets gammon in Nevis?

Reminds me of those British emigrants in Spain being interviewed during the referendum and complaining about how immigration had destroyed their country.

Pah!

By *wosmilersCouple  over a year ago

Heathrowish

"If London is becoming less English, perhaps we could shift out the interlopers.

Celts, Romans, Angles, Saxons, Jutes, Norse, Normans, French, Welsh, Scots, Huegenots, Spanish, Portuguese....and that covers just some of those from before 18th century.....I don't think that there are enough Ryanair flights to cope lol..

Huguenots are often touted around when these subjects occur but it's worth stating the numbers, 40,000 came to England over a 40 year period when England's population was over 8 million.

The answer to people's observations is obvious, if you can't tell what's English then you can't tell what's foreign and therefore how the hell can you proclaim it as diverse?, You wouldn't know any difference, the fact that you know it's diverse means you know what's English and what isn't so asking silly questions like what's English is just childishness."

Not sure what your point is....my point is more about the fact that if an Englishman goes back far enough, there is likely to be something that would put them into the same grouping.......that is to say "non English".

The English have always been a developing people...

"

I am English but when I go to London I am a tourist,

"It's a circular argument of your own making, diverse of culture means you know what the original culture was, otherwise your not diverse just more populated."

Your idea of ‘English’ culture is probably completely different to mine. Can you define ‘English ‘ culture??

London

"

Still talking rubbish then?

Yes, London is a diverse city with lots of tourists and immigrants, both of whom bring huge benefits to the city and are welcomed by all.

However, there are still way more English people. My neighbours are English as are 99% of my colleagues.

To claim you can't find any English in London demonstrates the fact you know f*ck all about it and are simply spouting populist white.

London

"

How can you tell if someone is English is not?Well how they speak,if they have tourists maps etc it is not difficult

Still talking rubbish then?

Yes, London is a diverse city with lots of tourists and immigrants, both of whom bring huge benefits to the city and are welcomed by all.

However, there are still way more English people. My neighbours are English as are 99% of my colleagues.

To claim you can't find any English in London demonstrates the fact you know f*ck all about it and are simply spouting populist white.

"

Populist *shite*

"

How can you tell if someone is English is not?Well how they speak,if they have tourists maps etc it is not difficult

I am English but when I go to London I am a tourist, "

You're a glitch in the matrix!

By *avagliamMan  over a year ago

London

"I wonder if he gets gammon in Nevis?

Reminds me of those British emigrants in Spain being interviewed during the referendum and complaining about how immigration had destroyed their country.

Pah!

"

Nothing funnier than hearing a bunch of old Brits complaining about foreigners in the UK whilst having a pint of lagger in an English pub in Portugal/Spain, after mentioning beforehand how bad is the NHS when compared to a public hospital in Portugal/Spain, where they're being treated of "you name" what...

"

Well how they speak,if they have tourists maps etc it is not difficult

"

I agree, I'm from Yorkshire so when I visited London I had a map while asking people

Nah then, Eeh by gum am flagging wit chelpin bairns nt our lass mithering me tuh Fill tha boits int sarnie gaff but weh canna find un.

I kept being called a Polish twat

By *avidnsa69Man  over a year ago

Essex

You're not looking very hard are you?

By *egasus NobMan  over a year ago

London

London is more of a business hub and financial city.

salisbury

"London is more of a business hub and financial city."

And a centre of stabbyness.

"

ding ding ding.......

heck why try to even "code" this..........If you are implying what I thinkyou are you are a discrase you really discust me with your perverse nasty little mind,You are being racist

1st generation? How about 2nd generation! Do they need to use cockney rhymes? Have the pearly suits? "

John cleese lives in the Caribbean so he's clearly a Caribbean racist and he fits exactly the notion of a Caribbean person right?.

If we move a million of him to Nevis and some black Caribbean tweets Nevis don't look like a Caribbean island anymore are they being racist?. Or just saying an obvious truth of observation?.

salisbury

Jeeez! You'll be saying places like benidorm have lost their Spanish charm next!

"Jeeez! You'll be saying places like benidorm have lost their Spanish charm next! "

Benidorm is in Spain??... i thought it was a town in Essex

"Jeeez! You'll be saying places like benidorm have lost their Spanish charm next!

Benidorm is in Spain??... i thought it was a town in Essex"

Essex is a continent everyone knows that.

"Jeeez! You'll be saying places like benidorm have lost their Spanish charm next!

Benidorm is in Spain??... i thought it was a town in Essex

Essex is a continent everyone knows that."

is it true bob...there's a referendum regarding Chelmsfexit? The people have had enough of unity with the wider county council?

Kent

Food must be 87% bland?

"

We are the Sherlock Holmes English-speaking Vernacular

God save Fu Manchu, Moriarty and Dracula

We are the Office Block Persecution Affinity

God save little shops, china cups, and virginity

We are the Skyscraper Condemnation Affiliates

God save Tudor houses, antique tables, and billiards

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

Benidorm is in Spain??... i thought it was a town in Essex"

aw ffs don’t say that we are going to beni on he 8th nite cancel now get me money back lol we can’t be partying with a bunch of southerners lol

Newbury

Food must be 87% bland?

We are the Sherlock Holmes English-speaking Vernacular

God save Fu Manchu, Moriarty and Dracula

We are the Office Block Persecution Affinity

God save little shops, china cups, and virginity

We are the Skyscraper Condemnation Affiliates

God save Tudor houses, antique tables, and billiards "

I've got that album.

I'm now wondering if some people don't think it's tongue in cheek....

Wasn't it the kinks that had a minor hit with villiage green preservation society...or is it a different album you had?

Newbury

"Wasn't it the kinks that had a minor hit with villiage green preservation society...or is it a different album you had?"

They did - there's an entire concept album by them based on it.

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

"

ding ding ding.......

1st generation? How about 2nd generation! Do they need to use cockney rhymes? Have the pearly suits? .

John cleese lives in the Caribbean so he's clearly a Caribbean racist and he fits exactly the notion of a Caribbean person right?.

If we move a million of him to Nevis and some black Caribbean tweets Nevis don't look like a Caribbean island anymore are they being racist?. Or just saying an obvious truth of observation?."

If you think Cleese is 'just making an observation' then you're incredibly naive or being deliberately disingenuous.

There's a very clear subtext to his comment. Or dogwhistle, as some might call it.

I've only been to london twice but i agree with sadiq khan when he says that london is a multi cultural and diverse city. A european and global city that welcomes everyone.... it's not an english city anymore. Cleese got it so wrong....and he's not even from barcelona!

"

ding ding ding.......

1st generation? How about 2nd generation! Do they need to use cockney rhymes? Have the pearly suits? .

If we move a million of him to Nevis and some black Caribbean tweets Nevis don't look like a Caribbean island anymore are they being racist?. Or just saying an obvious truth of observation?.

If you think Cleese is 'just making an observation' then you're incredibly naive or being deliberately disingenuous.

There's a very clear subtext to his comment. Or dogwhistle, as some might call it. "

No I think the only dog whistlers are people like yourself and the guy I quoted who decry racism at everything even if it's an honest and truthful observation.

Does racism exist, obviously, but this ain't it, the left howl dog whistle at bleeding everything, it's part of they're political posturing.

"I've only been to london twice but i agree with sadiq khan when he says that london is a multi cultural and diverse city. A european and global city that welcomes everyone.... it's not an english city anymore. Cleese got it so wrong....and he's not even from barcelona!"

We're nearing the end of a forty year experiment with socialist liberalism, it's clear that nobody in the world judging from polling and voting thinks it's a good thing anymore.

By *avidnsa69Man  over a year ago

Essex

"I've only been to london twice but i agree with sadiq khan when he says that london is a multi cultural and diverse city. A european and global city that welcomes everyone.... it's not an english city anymore. Cleese got it so wrong....and he's not even from barcelona!.

We're nearing the end of a forty year experiment with socialist liberalism, it's clear that nobody in the world judging from polling and voting thinks it's a good thing anymore."

What the hell is socialist liberalism? Where has this been going on for the last 40 years?

Bristol East

"I've only been to london twice but i agree with sadiq khan when he says that london is a multi cultural and diverse city."

Had London remained an "English city", it would be no more important than, say, Sydney on a global stage.

It integrated with the world and became a city of global significance.

Cleese's mindset tells you everything about the insularity of Brexit.

So you're agreeing with Basil Fawlty? It, along with Sydney are global cities. London doesn't look like England and Sydney doesn't look like Australia...is that what you're saying? How about Tokyo? Is it still Japan? Or Rome still Italy....all global cities like London aren't they?

You can moan all you like about multiculturalism.Its not going anywhere.

As the Jamaican half of my family say.

"Out of many one people"

One love.

Well said bob. Is your surname Marley btw? if so then i'm doing the 'we're not worthy' bow as in wayne's world... you're the first hippie-rasta i've encountered buddy...

Bristol East

Cleese is moaning about it in the context of Brexit.

Trying to make the argument it only voted for Brexit because it has so many non-English people.

Very insular.

I'm not moaning.

London is what it is.

These people think Britain ought to be some global power, yet when the globe comes to Britain they resent it.

It's the imperial mindset - its alright for us to go out there and tell you how to live, but don't you dare come here and do it to us.

w&nker.

Britain IS a global power and London IS a global city...London DID vote overwhelmingly to remain...so where's the problem? Everyone says and knows that...from the mayor to the man/woman in the street. If Basil has thoughts of his own then that's his business. Who cares what he says, thinks or tweets?! As far as i'm aware he mentioned it once....and i think he got away with it

"

Stevenage

Stevenage "

» Add a new message to this topic