FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Rory Stuart

Rory Stuart

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I genuinely think he's the sole Tory politician I find commendable other than Kenneth Clarke.

And as a left leaning liberal it hurts to say that

Hats off to him on QT tonight responding to education questions, and being the first Tory politician, maybe even the first MP on QT to reference AI and automation in the Labour market, and actually talking about how it'll effect people who are currently 40, not just 25 and under.

He really ought to quit the party though, I doubt the party is heading where and and reality are going.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *V-AliceTV/TS  over a year ago

Ayr

"I genuinely think he's the sole Tory politician I find commendable other than Kenneth Clarke.

And as a left leaning liberal it hurts to say that

Hats off to him on QT tonight responding to education questions, and being the first Tory politician, maybe even the first MP on QT to reference AI and automation in the Labour market, and actually talking about how it'll effect people who are currently 40, not just 25 and under.

He really ought to quit the party though, I doubt the party is heading where and and reality are going.

"

He's the best of a lamentable bunch. Sadly, the time for someone of his calibre to be leader of the country has passed.

By *ab_SparklesWoman  over a year ago

sparkle Surprised

He's been out talking to the public. What to say he hasn't used what they have said to his advantage..

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"He's been out talking to the public. What to say he hasn't used what they have said to his advantage.. "

In what way do you mean that?

He seems like he's trying to balance the passion of the people, against the political reality he knows in Westminster and international politics from his time as an MP and international diplomat

By *avidnsa69Man  over a year ago

Essex

"He's been out talking to the public. What to say he hasn't used what they have said to his advantage.. "

A politician engaging with the electorate is a bad thing?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Rory Stewart doesn't stand a chance of being Conservative party leader. No remainer Tory stands a chance in this leadership election race.

The Conservative home website did a poll the other day of its party members and no Tory remainer was anywhere near getting enough support.

The top 4 were, Boris Johnson, Dominic Raab, Esther McVey and Michael Gove. Steve Baker also came in 5th i think.

If a Leaver is in the final 2 against a remainer the Tory membership will choose the Leaver all day long.

They can't risk a repeat of the Theresa May (remainer) debacle.

Nigel Farage Brexit party win in the Euro elections effectively rubber stamped a Leaver being chosen for the Tory leadership.

"Rory Stewart doesn't stand a chance of being Conservative party leader. No remainer Tory stands a chance in this leadership election race.

The Conservative home website did a poll the other day of its party members and no Tory remainer was anywhere near getting enough support.

The top 4 were, Boris Johnson, Dominic Raab, Esther McVey and Michael Gove. Steve Baker also came in 5th i think.

If a Leaver is in the final 2 against a remainer the Tory membership will choose the Leaver all day long.

Nigel Farage Brexit party win in the Euro elections effectively rubber stamped a Leaver being chosen for the Tory leadership.

"

Thank the gods for that, another remainer bitch in charge is not what this country needs. Not now, not ever again...

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

The right of the Tory Party are competing with Farage now for ownership of Brexit.

The further to the right that bunfight moves, the greater the economic and social harm it brings and the more likely the collapse of Government.

Stuart's time will come - probably when he is about 77 and the Conservative Party is coming back from a generation in the wilderness.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

like i said in the other thread....Rory stuart is far too sensible and talks way too much common sense to be a leader of this conservative party...... which is why he gets beaten by every other hopeful in the mock leadership matchups!!

god bless the tory faithful!!!

the issue is that the tory party activists are going to have to go thru labour party activists are about to find out.... which is exremist isn't going to get you the win, and you win from the centre ground...

hopefully when they realise this he isn't too disillusioned by what the tory party will become to start again and have another run.....

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

"like i said in the other thread....Rory stuart is far too sensible and talks way too much common sense to be a leader of this conservative party...... which is why he gets beaten by every other hopeful in the mock leadership matchups!!

god bless the tory faithful!!!

the issue is that the tory party activists are going to have to go thru labour party activists are about to find out.... which is exremist isn't going to get you the win, and you win from the centre ground...

hopefully when they realise this he isn't too disillusioned by what the tory party will become to start again and have another run....."

As a centre right voter, I really hope that Rory does well. I would never vote for a party that has Boris at the helm, or any sort of clone of him.

The salvation for the Conservatives could come from the Lib Dems. The news that Jo Swinson has entered their leadership race could focus minds. She is young, bright, clever, a mum and would appeal to the centre ground. And without that centre ground, you could never win a GE.

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

And Jo Swinson's hands are clean, unlike Ed Davey who got a ministerial limo in the Cameron-Clegg coalition.

I've said elsewhere I'd go for Rory Stewart, a politician who talks sense and listens to people. Even on QT you sensed the respect everyone else had for him. If Labour had someone like him they would walk the next election.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

I believe his real name is Rod Stewart so changed it as he could not sing,not to good at politics either lol

"I believe his real name is Rod Stewart so changed it as he could not sing,not to good at politics either lol"

He might be a bit naive for the backstabbing bastards that inhabit the government at the moment but he comes across as a genuine breath of fresh air compared to most tory party members

By *bandjam91Couple  over a year ago

London

"Rory Stewart doesn't stand a chance of being Conservative party leader. No remainer Tory stands a chance in this leadership election race.

Thank the gods for that, another remainer bitch in charge is not what this country needs. Not now, not ever again..."

misogynist much?

"I've said elsewhere I'd go for Rory Stewart, a politician who talks sense and listens to people. Even on QT you sensed the respect everyone else had for him. If Labour had someone like him they would walk the next election."

I would actually agree with you about him, but I thought the same thing about Chuka Umunna til he reneged on his you have to be democratic 'abide by the referendum' comments and set up change saying we need to have another referendum. Whether we should have one or not isnt my point its that nowadays I'm afraid I don't trust any of them up to and including Farage, Corbyn, Johnson and Cable. I now truly believe that all of them are just out for themselves and couldn't care less about anyone else. Perhaps its time we went back to the ancient greek way of electing politicians via a lottery, put everyone in the hat and draw the unlucky ones out...at least that way we have at least a possibility of getting a few honest people in Westminster!

By *oncupiscentTonyMan  over a year ago

Kent

It was bad enough when I saw the name Rory Stewart but read it as Rod Stewart but now he's such a man of the people it's morphing into Dave Stewart

upton wirral

"I believe his real name is Rod Stewart so changed it as he could not sing,not to good at politics either lol

He might be a bit naive for the backstabbing bastards that inhabit the government at the moment but he comes across as a genuine breath of fresh air compared to most tory party members "

I can agree with you on that but not the stuff that makes a party leader or PM and not the right time for him.we need a tough detetrmined leader who will achieve brexit and make it work,also can destroy corbyn/Macdonald,not a job for a nice guy

"I believe his real name is Rod Stewart so changed it as he could not sing,not to good at politics either lol

He might be a bit naive for the backstabbing bastards that inhabit the government at the moment but he comes across as a genuine breath of fresh air compared to most tory party members I can agree with you on that but not the stuff that makes a party leader or PM and not the right time for him.we need a tough detetrmined leader who will achieve brexit and make it work,also can destroy corbyn/Macdonald,not a job for a nice guy"

Is there anyone called Adolf in the party?

upton wirral

He might be a bit naive for the backstabbing bastards that inhabit the government at the moment but he comes across as a genuine breath of fresh air compared to most tory party members I can agree with you on that but not the stuff that makes a party leader or PM and not the right time for him.we need a tough detetrmined leader who will achieve brexit and make it work,also can destroy corbyn/Macdonald,not a job for a nice guy

Is there anyone called Adolf in the party? "

I should not laugh but it is funny

By *ky19Man  over a year ago

Plymouth

[Removed by poster at 04/06/19 10:51:02]

By *oncupiscentTonyMan  over a year ago

Kent

Rod I mean Rory sewing up both the Just a Minute nomination AND hedgehog vote

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vqTkLoekm_0&feature=youtu.be

By *ess n BenCouple  over a year ago

Didcot

"

Good

By *leasure domMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Rory Kipling is proposing the re-introduction of national service!!!

He obviously believes that the state should have autonomy over the individual.

The man is bonkers.

"Rory Kipling is proposing the re-introduction of national service!!!

He obviously believes that the state should have autonomy over the individual.

The man is bonkers."

Bit over dramatic. He's proposing a month of learning new skills and giving back to the community.

Hardly Military Service

» Add a new message to this topic