FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > 'Science can cure homosexuality' says Brexit Party

'Science can cure homosexuality' says Brexit Party

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ara J OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

Any of its supporters here agree?

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

Think they were the personal thoughts of Ann Widdecombe, not of the Brexit Party.

By *ethnmelvCouple  over a year ago

Chudleigh

"Think they were the personal thoughts of Ann Widdecombe, not of the Brexit Party. "

They do have quite a few dodgy members though, perhaps they will expel her! I won’t hold my breath...

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Think they were the personal thoughts of Ann Widdecombe, not of the Brexit Party.

They do have quite a few dodgy members though, perhaps they will expel her! I won’t hold my breath... "

"Quite a few dodge members"

I think you'll find they're all dodgy! Haha

"Think they were the personal thoughts of Ann Widdecombe, not of the Brexit Party.

They do have quite a few dodgy members though, perhaps they will expel her! I won’t hold my breath... "

That would apply to most of the prominent members including Farage then.

Is there a link to the research?

"Is there a link to the research?"

No, because there isn't any research. Its standard alt right bollocks.

"Is there a link to the research?

No, because there isn't any research. Its standard alt right bollocks."

Do you have proof that there's no legitimate research? Blinkered views like yours always make me a little uncomfortable.

Do you have proof that there's no legitimate research? Blinkered views like yours always make me a little uncomfortable."

I'm comfortable with you being uncomfortable about me not believing that homosexuality can be cured.

Surely the burden of proof should be upon the people making such claims. Loads of loons have claimed this, and none of them have been able to provide any credible research.

By *wosmilersCouple  over a year ago

Heathrowish

All parties have their fair share of dodgy members.....the Brexit Party doesn't hold a monopoly.

Chudleigh

"All parties have their fair share of dodgy members.....the Brexit Party doesn't hold a monopoly."

There are still some left in UKIP, but many have just moved over to Brexit

Do you have proof that there's no legitimate research? Blinkered views like yours always make me a little uncomfortable.

I'm comfortable with you being uncomfortable about me not believing that homosexuality can be cured.

Surely the burden of proof should be upon the people making such claims. Loads of loons have claimed this, and none of them have been able to provide any credible research."

So you believe that homosexuality is an illness?

Do you have proof that there's no legitimate research? Blinkered views like yours always make me a little uncomfortable."

The Nazis tried to cure the Ghey I believe....

Fucking nutcase notions of sexuality can be altered by science.

Anyway, Brexit party hiarachy believing you can cure gayness is quite low on the vile scale compared some of the others beliefs.

Surely the burden of proof should be upon the people making such claims. Loads of loons have claimed this, and none of them have been able to provide any credible research.

So you believe that homosexuality is an illness? "

Jesus, switch and bait in full flow I see.

What "kick" do people get by saying something provoking and stupid then switch it onto someone else.

Strange people

"

The poster used the phrase "homosexuality can be cured", not me. Your outrage is misplaced.

Can happiness be cured? Can breathing be cured? Can being a white male be cured?

Does the cure involve beautiful women.As sugggest by the Philippines president this week. When he said beautiful women helped him ‘get cured’ from being ‘gay’.

The point I am making is that millions of people around the world believe that they are "born into the wrong body", ie men believing they should be women, and women believing they should be men. Drugs and procedures have been developed to assist them to transition into the sex of their choice. I think it's naive to believe that there aren't similar cases of people being born homosexual who believe that they should be heterosexual and spend a lifetime of misery because they can't be who they want to be. If a treatment was researched and created, does anybody believe that nobody in the world would avail themselves of this treatment? Is it wrong to not research it just because it's not currently fashionable?

So you believe that homosexuality is an illness? "

I think you're confused.

I'm saying it's not an illness and hence can't be "cured", and I'm saying it is small minded to think that people need to be.

Chudleigh

"The point I am making is that millions of people around the world believe that they are "born into the wrong body", ie men believing they should be women, and women believing they should be men. Drugs and procedures have been developed to assist them to transition into the sex of their choice. I think it's naive to believe that there aren't similar cases of people being born homosexual who believe that they should be heterosexual and spend a lifetime of misery because they can't be who they want to be. If a treatment was researched and created, does anybody believe that nobody in the world would avail themselves of this treatment? Is it wrong to not research it just because it's not currently fashionable?"

You know that this is a short skip to Eugenics..., it isn’t about fashion

Bristol East

The poster used the phrase "homosexuality can be cured", not me. Your outrage is misplaced."

It sounds like I have a disease.

Doesn't it?

I am just waiting for science to come along and cure me.

What kinda fucking message is this person sending out?

Same-sex coupling is a disease.

That's what.

This is what people voted for.

You can say this is not the party policy.

How do you know?

They ain't got any.

Except whatever their spokespeople come out with.

So until they publish a policy to the contrary, this is now the policy of the Brexit Party.

Will Farage come along and say no?

"The point I am making is that millions of people around the world believe that they are "born into the wrong body", ie men believing they should be women, and women believing they should be men. Drugs and procedures have been developed to assist them to transition into the sex of their choice. I think it's naive to believe that there aren't similar cases of people being born homosexual who believe that they should be heterosexual and spend a lifetime of misery because they can't be who they want to be. If a treatment was researched and created, does anybody believe that nobody in the world would avail themselves of this treatment? Is it wrong to not research it just because it's not currently fashionable?

You know that this is a short skip to Eugenics..., it isn’t about fashion "

No, it really isn't. It's about treating humans, no matter they're gender or sexual orientation.

The poster used the phrase "homosexuality can be cured", not me. Your outrage is misplaced.

Doesn't it?

That's what.

How do you know?

They ain't got any.

So until they publish a policy to the contrary, this is now the policy of the Brexit Party.

"

You're comfortable with it - woo hoo, good for you. What about those that aren't?

Chudleigh

Doesn't it?

That's what.

How do you know?

They ain't got any.

You're comfortable with it - woo hoo, good for you. What about those that aren't?"

You are totally out of order

Bristol East

"The point I am making is that millions of people around the world believe that they are "born into the wrong body", ie men believing they should be women, and women believing they should be men. Drugs and procedures have been developed to assist them to transition into the sex of their choice. I think it's naive to believe that there aren't similar cases of people being born homosexual who believe that they should be heterosexual and spend a lifetime of misery because they can't be who they want to be. If a treatment was researched and created, does anybody believe that nobody in the world would avail themselves of this treatment? Is it wrong to not research it just because it's not currently fashionable?"

Fashionable?

Have you met a gay person who said they wanted to be cured?

"The point I am making is that millions of people around the world believe that they are "born into the wrong body", ie men believing they should be women, and women believing they should be men. Drugs and procedures have been developed to assist them to transition into the sex of their choice. I think it's naive to believe that there aren't similar cases of people being born homosexual who believe that they should be heterosexual and spend a lifetime of misery because they can't be who they want to be. If a treatment was researched and created, does anybody believe that nobody in the world would avail themselves of this treatment? Is it wrong to not research it just because it's not currently fashionable?

Fashionable?

"

No, they don't consider it to be an illness. I have, however, met many gay people who are unhappy being homosexual and would prefer to be heterosexual, and I have met many men who are unhappy being men. Not in the UK, though - I wonder if that makes the difference?

Fashionable?

"

Do you believe that there no homosexuals around the world that are unhappy in that respect and wished they were heterosexual? If they could be helped to achieve their goal, would you personally deny them that chance?

"Think they were the personal thoughts of Ann Widdecombe, not of the Brexit Party. "

You've got it spot on there, as the Brexit party just had 2 openly Gay MEP's elected to the European Parliament in the European elections last week. Dr David Bull for the North West region of England and Louis Stedman-Bryce for the region of Scotland are now openly Gay democratically elected Brexit party MEP's. People are entitled to hold personal opinions such as Ann Widdecombe may have but it doesn't make it Brexit party policy.

Tory party MP Jacob Rees Mogg thinks abortions should be outlawed because that is his personal view which sits in line with his religious beliefs, it doesn't make it Conservative party policy.

Doesn't it?

That's what.

How do you know?

They ain't got any.

You're comfortable with it - woo hoo, good for you. What about those that aren't?

You are totally out of order"

No, I'm not. Just because you say something doesn't make it true

I see no reason why one day science couldn't alter someone's sexuality.

We are at the beginning of understanding how the brain works.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"Any of its supporters here agree?"
Load of crap but they only exist to help us get out of Europe so not bothered about anything there members say.

They are a one man party with one aim,they do not exist to govern this country

"I see no reason why one day science couldn't alter someone's sexuality.

"

I seem to have sparked an ethical dilemma over whether people should be given the choice, should it ever be possible.

Bristol East

Is there a cure for stupidity, too?

Bristol East

"

Are you volunteering?

Fashionable?

No, they don't consider it to be an illness. I have, however, met many gay people who are unhappy being homosexual and would prefer to be heterosexual, and I have met many men who are unhappy being men. Not in the UK, though - I wonder if that makes the difference?"

I wish I had a longer attention span, was 10 years younger and didn't love chocolate.

But hey-ho.

Maybe the solution is that people need a little help to accept themselves for the people they are and to be happy instead.

Emotional charged reactions over nothing really. Thicker skin definitely comes to mind once you read the transcript.

Are you volunteering?"

You come off as emotionally unhinged. Bit insecure are we?

Doesn't it?

That's what.

How do you know?

They ain't got any.

"

To suggest this is somehow Brexit party policy because it may or may not be the personal opinion of one person is ridiculous, and i thnk it just shows the level of desperation there is now coming from fundamentalist remainers like you to try to smear the Brexit party.

The fact is, its not Brexit party policy at all, and the Brexit party have 2 democratically elected openly Gay MEP's in Dr David Bull and Louis Stedman-Bryce. As a Gay Black man Louis Stedman-Bryce said one of the key reasons he decided to give his support to the Brexit party is because he voted to Leave the EU, supports Brexit, and is tired of small minded remainers like you trying to slur all Brexiters as racist, homophobic right wingers.

I suppose you think its Conservative party policy to outlaw abortion because Jacob Rees Mogg has a personal opinion on it?

Honestly, you've really embarrassed yourself with the nonsense you've come out with on this thread.

By *anejohnkent6263Couple  over a year ago

canterbury

Oh britex party

...slag it off if u wish does not change the recent results though....Irish....many of there mps

...don't agree with abortion...but it's not policy

Bristol East

Are you volunteering?

"

That's a no, then

"Is there a cure for stupidity, too?

"

Yes, it's called education. I think you may need some

Bristol East

Yes, it's called education. I think you may need some "

Give me the Dunce's cap, then. Care to explain why I need to sit in the corner?

Fashionable?

No, they don't consider it to be an illness. I have, however, met many gay people who are unhappy being homosexual and would prefer to be heterosexual, and I have met many men who are unhappy being men. Not in the UK, though - I wonder if that makes the difference?

I wish I had a longer attention span, was 10 years younger and didn't love chocolate.

But hey-ho.

Maybe the solution is that people need a little help to accept themselves for the people they are and to be happy instead."

Should people who feel that they are born into the wrong gendered body "accept themselves for the people they are and to be happy instead"? Or people born deaf - should they be denied cochlear implants because should "accept themselves for the people they are and to be happy instead"? You seem to be at cross purposes with your last paragraph

Are you volunteering?

That's a no, then"

She didn't say cure nor did she say the science is available now.

Science may one day find a way to change a person's sexuality.

Why does this scare you?

Fashionable?

But hey-ho.

Maybe the solution is that people need a little help to accept themselves for the people they are and to be happy instead.

Should people who feel that they are born into the wrong gendered body "accept themselves for the people they are and to be happy instead"? Or people born deaf - should they be denied cochlear implants because should "accept themselves for the people they are and to be happy instead"? You seem to be at cross purposes with your last paragraph

"

I think you're consistently seeing homosexuality as a negative. It's not.

People who are deaf, indeed get help.

People who feel that they are born in the wrong body, sure. Get some counselling, figure out what the issues are, and if need be. Take corrective action.

These are all different situations and it's an oversimplification to equate them to homosexuality.

Give me the Dunce's cap, then. Care to explain why I need to sit in the corner?"

Because you seem to be denying the fact that there are people who are different to you. I'm sure you had a lot of unhappiness and strife before you became fully comfortable with being homosexual. I'm sure you were ridiculed for wearing women's clothing and being different from what others may consider "the norm". If you refuse to accept that there may be homosexuals around the world that feel that they are heterosexuals born into the wrong sexual orientation, then you are treating them the same way you were treated. And that's as wrong for them as it was for you. Empathy is what you need to learn.

Fashionable?

But hey-ho.

People who feel that they are born in the wrong body, sure. Get some counselling, figure out what the issues are, and if need be. Take corrective action.

These are all different situations and it's an oversimplification to equate them to homosexuality."

"I think you're consistently seeing homosexuality as a negative. It's not."

What a selfish statement! It may not be a negative to you, but you don't know the mind of every homosexual person on this planet. I've met many who do see it as a negative and would prefer to be heterosexual. Just because some may believe these people don't exist, doesn't make it so. Why would rational human being wish to deny treatment to these people if it were available?

Because you seem to be denying the fact that there are people who are different to you. I'm sure you had a lot of unhappiness and strife before you became fully comfortable with being homosexual. I'm sure you were ridiculed for wearing women's clothing and being different from what others may consider "the norm". If you refuse to accept that there may be homosexuals around the world that feel that they are heterosexuals born into the wrong sexual orientation, then you are treating them the same way you were treated. And that's as wrong for them as it was for you. Empathy is what you need to learn."

This did make me laugh.

So you're saying that some homosexual people exclusively find members of the opposite sex attractive and want to be changed to, what, be straight?

Wouldn't that just make them straight?

Fashionable?

But hey-ho.

These are all different situations and it's an oversimplification to equate them to homosexuality.

What a selfish statement! It may not be a negative to you, but you don't know the mind of every homosexual person on this planet. I've met many who do see it as a negative and would prefer to be heterosexual. Just because some may believe these people don't exist, doesn't make it so. Why would rational human being wish to deny treatment to these people if it were available?"

Haha.

I dunno, your posts are funny.

Have you ever thought that someone like this just needs a little help to accept themselves instead of some kind of "cure"?

Fashionable?

But hey-ho.

What a selfish statement! It may not be a negative to you, but you don't know the mind of every homosexual person on this planet. I've met many who do see it as a negative and would prefer to be heterosexual. Just because some may believe these people don't exist, doesn't make it so. Why would rational human being wish to deny treatment to these people if it were available?

Haha.

Have you ever thought that someone like this just needs a little help to accept themselves instead of some kind of "cure"?

"

You really do live in a small and insular world, don't you? Do you think a gay man living in a poverty stricken village in India can just pop round to his local LGBT outreach centre and have a nice chat over a cup of chamomile tea and everything will be ok? Do you not believe that this man would rather be heterosexual rather than accept homosexuality because that was his conscious choice? Shouldn't he have that choice rather than just accept who he is? What does that say about transsexuals in the west?

Because you seem to be denying the fact that there are people who are different to you. I'm sure you had a lot of unhappiness and strife before you became fully comfortable with being homosexual. I'm sure you were ridiculed for wearing women's clothing and being different from what others may consider "the norm". If you refuse to accept that there may be homosexuals around the world that feel that they are heterosexuals born into the wrong sexual orientation, then you are treating them the same way you were treated. And that's as wrong for them as it was for you. Empathy is what you need to learn.

This did make me laugh.

So you're saying that some homosexual people exclusively find members of the opposite sex attractive and want to be changed to, what, be straight?

"

Some gay men are attracted to some women, and vice versa. There's is no "gayness" scale between gay, bi-sexual and heterosexual. Everyone falls somewhere random, not always of their choice, not always of the desire or need.

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

Ann Widecombe said this:

"The unhappy homosexual should, according to gay activists, be denied any chance whatever to investigate any possibility of seeing if he can be helped to become heterosexual.”

“The fact that we think it is now quite impossible for people to switch sexuality doesn't mean that science may not yet produce an answer at some stage."

Why might homosexuals be unhappy with themselves? Is it perhaps because family, colleagues and society great them as having a problem that needs "an answer"? Are there heterosexuals that are unhappy with themselves? Do any of them also need "an answer"?

"An answer" was found for the problem of Jews not long ago. Funnily enough it was also applied to Gypsies, those with congenital and hereditary illness and homosexuals.

It is not Brexit party policy. They have taken the proportion of not having any so, like the referendum, they can say anything can have anything that they want whilst simultaneously denying it.

It is genius.

They can get the entire homophobic vote whilst denying it completely together with every other negative sentiment that exists from Islamophobia to racism. Those who are not any of these things can convince themselves that the party does not stand for those views because some people claim that is the case whilst ignoring those voices who do

Fashionable?

But hey-ho.

Haha.

You really do live in a small and insular world, don't you? Do you think a gay man living in a poverty stricken village in India can just pop round to his local LGBT outreach centre and have a nice chat over a cup of chamomile tea and everything will be ok? Do you not believe that this man would rather be heterosexual rather than accept homosexuality because that was his conscious choice? Shouldn't he have that choice rather than just accept who he is? What does that say about transsexuals in the west?"

What! Haha.

So in this scenario, what, he lives in a homophobic villiage?

I dunno where you're going with this. And why is a "cure" preferable to changing societies attitudes?

Fashionable?

But hey-ho.

Haha.

You really do live in a small and insular world, don't you? Do you think a gay man living in a poverty stricken village in India can just pop round to his local LGBT outreach centre and have a nice chat over a cup of chamomile tea and everything will be ok? Do you not believe that this man would rather be heterosexual rather than accept homosexuality because that was his conscious choice? Shouldn't he have that choice rather than just accept who he is? What does that say about transsexuals in the west?

What! Haha.

I dunno where you're going with this. And why is a "cure" preferable to changing societies attitudes?"

Are you kidding me? "Homophobic Village"? The entire culture is homophobic And misogynistic, but that's another story. I haven't used the word "cure" at all because I don't believe it's an illness, but I do know it is something that some gay people see as an unwanted trait, for many different reasons, but the reasons are their own and are of their own, adult choice. I don't see that denying them possibility of them being who they want to be is a good thing at all. And I do want to make it clear that I am not homophobic, or anti-gay. I am pro-choice.

Chudleigh

Fashionable?

But hey-ho.

Haha.

What! Haha.

I dunno where you're going with this. And why is a "cure" preferable to changing societies attitudes?

Are you kidding me? "Homophobic Village"? The entire culture is homophobic And misogynistic, but that's another story. I haven't used the word "cure" at all because I don't believe it's an illness, but I do know it is something that some gay people see as an unwanted trait, for many different reasons, but the reasons are their own and are of their own, adult choice. I don't see that denying them possibility of them being who they want to be is a good thing at all. And I do want to make it clear that I am not homophobic, or anti-gay. I am pro-choice."

Pro choice in everything?

Fashionable?

But hey-ho.

Haha.

What! Haha.

Are you kidding me? "Homophobic Village"? The entire culture is homophobic And misogynistic, but that's another story. I haven't used the word "cure" at all because I don't believe it's an illness, but I do know it is something that some gay people see as an unwanted trait, for many different reasons, but the reasons are their own and are of their own, adult choice. I don't see that denying them possibility of them being who they want to be is a good thing at all. And I do want to make it clear that I am not homophobic, or anti-gay. I am pro-choice.

Pro choice in everything?"

I'm not sure that pro-choice was the correct phrase - English isn't my first language, or even my second I mean that people should be free to have the choice of lifestyle they want, with the usual caveats of course.

This is an interesting article:-

https://www.spectator.co.uk/2019/01/the-fact-no-one-likes-to-admit-many-gay-men-could-just-have-easily-been-straight/

"Science may one day find a way to change a person's sexuality.

Why does this scare you?"

Because once again your posts lack a perspective of history behind the subject matter and thus once again you come across like an idiot.

Government and much harsher regims have been trying to force Science to find a "cure" for gay/bisexual people for decades, various methods through torture, imprisonment, punishment, forced surgery, etc. And yet the results always swing the same way.

So even if a "cure" is eventually discovered, the main purpose of its use would be for negative reasons, you're both bi, so what if it got to a point where it's mandated that you and your partner need to take these pills or face imprisonment? Imagine that for gay couples, not in the UK but in countries where such barbaric rules still exist.

Why does this scare you?

Because once again your posts lack a perspective of history behind the subject matter and thus once again you come across like an idiot.

Government and much harsher regims have been trying to force Science to find a "cure" for gay/bisexual people for decades, various methods through torture, imprisonment, punishment, forced surgery, etc. And yet the results always swing the same way.

So even if a "cure" is eventually discovered, the main purpose of its use would be for negative reasons, you're both bi, so what if it got to a point where it's mandated that you and your partner need to take these pills or face imprisonment? Imagine that for gay couples, not in the UK but in countries where such barbaric rules still exist."

Not that I believe a "cure" exists, but how can you be sure that if one were found, it would only be for negative reasons? If one isn't found, when do you think the various "barbaric" countries will stop using those various methods including imprisonment, punishment, forced surgery etc, or do you think they'll just keep trying? By refusing research you just may be prolonging the suffering of many in the vain hope that you can change cultural attitudes that have existed for thousands of years.

A.) First of all you dont get to take a quote out of context then try to slander the other person in the discussion, or take the intellectual high ground.

B.) If we were talking about people in a non-Western country, were gender dysphoria is not recognised as a psychological illness, then I'd give you/the politician making remarks such as this the benefit of the doubt.

However, we do live in a society where we recognise gender dysphoria as an illness, and where scientists and psychologists have identified that homosexually is a naturally occurring phenomenon.

I mean our drive to reproduce i.e have sex isn't brought on about the desire to pass on genes, the passing of genes occurs due to the desire to experience pleasure. (In humans atleast.)

Tying your reproductive system in with your dopamine and other beneficial hormone systems is a pretty good way to ensure that genes are passed on one way or another - and that people keep on doing it.

If someone therefore derives pleasure from intercourse with an individual who cannot conceive, then it's still a natural, hormone driven process.

"Any of its supporters here agree?"

What a pile of shite heard it all now.

A.) First of all you dont get to take a quote out of context then try to slander the other person in the discussion, or take the intellectual high ground.

B.) If we were talking about people in a non-Western country, were gender dysphoria is not recognised as a psychological illness, then I'd give you/the politician making remarks such as this the benefit of the doubt.

However, we do live in a society where we recognise gender dysphoria as an illness, and where scientists and psychologists have identified that homosexually is a naturally occurring phenomenon.

I mean our drive to reproduce i.e have sex isn't brought on about the desire to pass on genes, the passing of genes occurs due to the desire to experience pleasure. (In humans atleast.)

Tying your reproductive system in with your dopamine and other beneficial hormone systems is a pretty good way to ensure that genes are passed on one way or another - and that people keep on doing it.

If someone therefore derives pleasure from intercourse with an individual who cannot conceive, then it's still a natural, hormone driven process."

First of all, who the hell are you to tell me what I can or can't post on an open forum?

Secondly, who am I supposed to be quoting in my post? The only quote I made was the one (not surprisingly) in quotation marks which is a common usage saying.

As for the rest of your post, the chemical desire to reproduce has no bearing on the social issues I am posting about.

Why does this scare you?

So even if a "cure" is eventually discovered, the main purpose of its use would be for negative reasons, you're both bi, so what if it got to a point where it's mandated that you and your partner need to take these pills or face imprisonment? Imagine that for gay couples, not in the UK but in countries where such barbaric rules still exist.

Not that I believe a "cure" exists, but how can you be sure that if one were found, it would only be for negative reasons? If one isn't found, when do you think the various "barbaric" countries will stop using those various methods including imprisonment, punishment, forced surgery etc, or do you think they'll just keep trying? By refusing research you just may be prolonging the suffering of many in the vain hope that you can change cultural attitudes that have existed for thousands of years. "

You've set your argument up for failure here

If your saying people should have the option to change their sexualities by taking a pill, let's say - so that would be a chemical change to alter the hormone system, fine. If that were viable in a country like here, I'm sure the NHS would offer it, but also offer counselling regarding sexuality before prescribing it.

You are here however, talking about barbaric countries - I'll just change that to non-Western countries as generally that label encompasses what you are addressing and also sounds a bit less sensationalist.

As such, just look at the observable trends. These nations are often theocratic or secular but conservative. They all, also often have a minimal freedom of press, freedom of speachkl, lack of individual liberties, and a strong to seni-authoritarian state.

Are you telling me there countries would offer sexuality counseling before offering the 'pill cure'. Are you telling me they'd even acknowledge the reality that some people are gay. Are you telling me they'd even ask for the consent of the individual to prescribe this medication, or that they would more realistically just mandate it?

Why does this scare you?

Not that I believe a "cure" exists, but how can you be sure that if one were found, it would only be for negative reasons? If one isn't found, when do you think the various "barbaric" countries will stop using those various methods including imprisonment, punishment, forced surgery etc, or do you think they'll just keep trying? By refusing research you just may be prolonging the suffering of many in the vain hope that you can change cultural attitudes that have existed for thousands of years.

You've set your argument up for failure here

If your saying people should have the option to change their sexualities by taking a pill, let's say - so that would be a chemical change to alter the hormone system, fine. If that were viable in a country like here, I'm sure the NHS would offer it, but also offer counselling regarding sexuality before prescribing it.

You are here however, talking about barbaric countries - I'll just change that to non-Western countries as generally that label encompasses what you are addressing and also sounds a bit less sensationalist.

As such, just look at the observable trends. These nations are often theocratic or secular but conservative. They all, also often have a minimal freedom of press, freedom of speachkl, lack of individual liberties, and a strong to seni-authoritarian state.

Are you telling me there countries would offer sexuality counseling before offering the 'pill cure'. Are you telling me they'd even acknowledge the reality that some people are gay. Are you telling me they'd even ask for the consent of the individual to prescribe this medication, or that they would more realistically just mandate it?"

You haven't read the whole thread, have you? I suggest you do so. Also, the term "barbaric" was a quote from another poster. I cannot tell you anything about what these countries would do with a "pill cure" (your words, not mine) anymore than you can. There are hundreds, possibly thousands of examples of creations that have been invented for the detriment of humanity, but have ended up being a major benefit, and vice versa. Denying the possibility of any creation or invention because of a close-minded view of its possible future use is the attitude of a Luddite. Just because you are unable to see possible good in something doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

If someone therefore derives pleasure from intercourse with an individual who cannot conceive, then it's still a natural, hormone driven process.

First of all, who the hell are you to tell me what I can or can't post on an open forum?

Secondly, who am I supposed to be quoting in my post? The only quote I made was the one (not surprisingly) in quotation marks which is a common usage saying.

As for the rest of your post, the chemical desire to reproduce has no bearing on the social issues I am posting about."

Well the devs who run the site can tell you what you can and cannot post

Seriously though, I didn't constrain your speech did I? I just said "You don't get to take a quote out of context...", which to answer your other question was regarding this bait and switch gem from earlier in the discourse "The poster used the phrase "homosexuality can be cured", not me. Your outrage is misplaced."

So really, it sounds like you just don't want to get the other half of freedom of speech which is freedom to be held to account.

And a actually, given that social issues derive from societal issues, and societal issues derive from societal decision making clashing with the reality of human biology and psychology, and that biology and psychology drive reproduction. I'd say reproduction is linked to these issues.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

okay.... lets spin round the question the other way....

they way the system works is they as a political party to put up a representative on their shows....

do you think "ann widdicombe" is a good representative of the brexit party policy......

As for the rest of your post, the chemical desire to reproduce has no bearing on the social issues I am posting about.

Seriously though, I didn't constrain your speech did I? I just said "You don't get to take a quote out of context...", which to answer your other question was regarding this bait and switch gem from earlier in the discourse "The poster used the phrase "homosexuality can be cured", not me. Your outrage is misplaced."

So really, it sounds like you just don't want to get the other half of freedom of speech which is freedom to be held to account.

And a actually, given that social issues derive from societal issues, and societal issues derive from societal decision making clashing with the reality of human biology and psychology, and that biology and psychology drive reproduction. I'd say reproduction is linked to these issues.

"

Ah, I see. You were chastising me in a post but didn't quote the post that you were chastising me for. That was a little confusing. I think we're straying from my point and I think you're only looking at it from a western perspective when it is a global issue. What is a "dev"?

"

I get what you mean now. "Cured" implies a physical condition or illness is present. "Treated" is less direct, and can be applied on a wider-meaning basis. I have said more than once that I don't believe there is a cure, but a treatment may be possible for those who want it or feel they need it. And again, I stress - those who want it or feel they need it. I think it's wrong to avoid research using proven clinical or empirical methods, because you can guarantee that those in the "barbaric" countries will continue using their own methods and will try to radiate them where possible.

"okay.... lets spin round the question the other way....

they way the system works is they as a political party to put up a representative on their shows....

do you think "ann widdicombe" is a good representative of the brexit party policy......"

I think so. She promotes fear and misinformation, to further the cause of the rich peeps who want to keep avoiding tax and who want to remove protection for workers and for the environment.

So yeah, shes a great representative.

Newcastle and Gateshead

see.... the thing is this...

if the brexit party were absolutely horrified by what widdecombe said.... don't you think they would have put out a statement distancing themselves from them.......

have they?

"see.... the thing is this...

if the brexit party were absolutely horrified by what widdecombe said.... don't you think they would have put out a statement distancing themselves from them.......

have they? "

You and the OP really are scrap*ng the bottom of the barrel here. Are you really this desperate?

I guess you must be otherwise you wouldn't be posting this rubbish.

Ann Widdecombe is much loved by millions of people all over the UK, (something which seems to be lost on you and the OP). She was especially popular in Conservative party circles, and her support of the Brexit party will have convinced many Tory voters to switch support to the Brexit party.

Even after she had publicly announced she was standing as a Brexit party MEP candidate, she was still spoken of fondly and warmly by former Tory party leader Ian Duncan Smith along with other Tory MP's on the various news stations.

Why would the Brexit party want to distance itself from Ann Widdecombe, for having her own personal opinion on an individual subject matter?

Should the Conservative party distance itself from Jacob Rees Mogg for his own personal views on abortion?

To suggest so is ridiculous.

This whole thread is a pretty weak and shoddy attempt at a smear on the Brexit party, and you're still attempting to do it now, even after it's been pointed out to you the Brexit party had 2 openly Gay MEP's elected in the North West of England and Scotland (Dr David Bull and Louis Stedman-Bryce respectively).

Bristol East

"Empathy is what you need to learn."

Show me the straight person who wants to become homosexual and I'll show you the homosexual who wants to become a straight person.

I really thought we had moved on and allowed people to embrace their sexuality free of this sort of stigma.

Obviously not.

Has it occurred to you that those trying to fathom out their sexuality are not helped in the slightest when straight people persist in stigmatising gay people in this way?

Are you also an advocate of "gay conversion therapy"?

The scariest thing for me is that this woman now purports to represent me on a European stage.

The same stage that, for now anyway, protects me from being transported back to the 1950s by dinosaurs like this.

Bristol East

"But this is not our policy."

"What is your policy on LGBT rights, then."

"Brexit!"

"And on LGBT rights."

"Brexit."

"But what about Anne Widdecombe?"

"Fake news."

Welcome to the Trump school of politics.

Where everything means nothing, and nothing means everything, except whatever you want it to mean.

Everything else is fake news.

By *agermeisterMan  over a year ago

Leeds

Can science cure Ann Widdecome?

"Empathy is what you need to learn.

Show me the straight person who wants to become homosexual and I'll show you the homosexual who wants to become a straight person.

I really thought we had moved on and allowed people to embrace their sexuality free of this sort of stigma.

Obviously not.

Has it occurred to you that those trying to fathom out their sexuality are not helped in the slightest when straight people persist in stigmatising gay people in this way?

Are you also an advocate of "gay conversion therapy"?

The scariest thing for me is that this woman now purports to represent me on a European stage.

The same stage that, for now anyway, protects me from being transported back to the 1950s by dinosaurs like this.

"

Why do you feel you deserve to be "shown" the straight person who wants to become homosexual or vice versa? With your intolerant attitude toward those who are different from you, I would be surprised if they had the courage to speak their truth in front of such bigotry. You don't own homosexuality, and you don't own transvestism - not everything in life is to your definition.

This is a quote from the article I posted, written by a gay man. If the truth is unpalatable to you from me, how much more proof would your fragile ego need before you accept the fact that not every gay man actually wants to be a gay man?

"In what passes for the gay ‘community’, there’s something of a taboo about admitting, even to ourselves, that quite a few of us (not me) could, with a little coaxing and self-discipline, be ‘straight’. Straight men are equally reluctant to admit the converse. There exist strong reasons for this taboo among gays: first, ‘we can’t help it’ was absolutely central to our early pitch for equality, and we needed to believe it. Secondly, if sexuality really is modifiable for some, how long before someone suggests cognitive behavioural therapy minus (or even plus) the Hallelujahs?

Damn the Hallelujahs. The better view is that we’re free to choose. The coming age may extend that from sexuality to gender.

But with this sting which today’s trans lobby will hate. Don’t demand admittance to a new category. Don’t crave a different badge. Dare to believe that there are no categories, no badges, and no walls."

have they?

You and the OP really are scrap*ng the bottom of the barrel here. Are you really this desperate?

Ann Widdecombe is much loved by millions of people all over the UK, (something which seems to be lost on you and the OP). She was especially popular in Conservative party circles, and her support of the Brexit party will have convinced many Tory voters to switch support to the Brexit party.

Even after she had publicly announced she was standing as a Brexit party MEP candidate, she was still spoken of fondly and warmly by former Tory party leader Ian Duncan Smith along with other Tory MP's on the various news stations.

Why would the Brexit party want to distance itself from Ann Widdecombe, for having her own personal opinion on an individual subject matter?

Should the Conservative party distance itself from Jacob Rees Mogg for his own personal views on abortion?

This whole thread is a pretty weak and shoddy attempt at a smear on the Brexit party, and you're still attempting to do it now, even after it's been pointed out to you the Brexit party had 2 openly Gay MEP's elected in the North West of England and Scotland (Dr David Bull and Louis Stedman-Bryce respectively).

"

Ah yes....Doris Karloff gets it wrong again! But don’t worry nobody in the Brexit Nationalist Party will pull her up because she’s adored by the nation!

Very second division thinking of you!

have they?

"

Lol. No one needs to smear the Brexit Party. They self smear. Just listen to what they say.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"

if there was I would cure all Corbyn fans,he is a bad desease

"

"Brexit!"

"And on LGBT rights."

"Brexit."

"Fake news."

Where everything means nothing, and nothing means everything, except whatever you want it to mean.

Everything else is fake news."

Yet more Faux outrage.

The fact is the Brexit party is welcoming of the LBGT community, otherwise openly Gay Brexit party MEP's Dr David Bull and Louis Stedman-Bryce wouldn't have been selected as Brexit party candidates.

West London

have they?

"

She is a homophobe isn't she?

Regardless of the headlines she thinks that it should not be permitted. She actively campaigns against its acceptability.

That is right isn't it Centaur?

"

Lol. No one needs to smear the Brexit Party. They self smear. Just listen to what they say.

"

have they?

"

No need to listen, after all as the saying goes, 'talk is cheap' and 'actions speak louder than words'.

The Brexit party's actions in selecting openly Gay MEP candidates such as Dr David Bull and Louis Stedman-Bryce proves the Brexit party is not homophobic and is welcoming to the LBGT community.

have they?

No need to listen, after all as the saying goes, 'talk is cheap' and 'actions speak louder than words'.

The Brexit party's actions in selecting openly Gay MEP candidates such as Dr David Bull and Louis Stedman-Bryce proves the Brexit party is not homophobic and is welcoming to the LBGT community. "

Aww....so sweet...they must be such nice people and so inclusive....

Do they have many non white members?

have they?

The Brexit party's actions in selecting openly Gay MEP candidates such as Dr David Bull and Louis Stedman-Bryce proves the Brexit party is not homophobic and is welcoming to the LBGT community.

Do they have many non white members? "

There is another old saying, 'you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink', in your case though i'd switch the word horse for ass.

Louis Stedman-Bryce is not only Gay, he's also black. The Brexit party also had many other black, asian and ethnic minority MEP candidates besides. All of your Brexiteer sterotypes seem to be crumbling here don't they.

West London

have they?

There is another old saying, 'you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink', in your case though i'd switch the word horse for ass.

Louis Stedman-Bryce is not only Gay, he's also black. The Brexit party also had many other black, asian and ethnic minority MEP candidates besides. All of your Brexiteer sterotypes seem to be crumbling here don't they. "

The Brexit Party has no members, only donors.

There is no manifesto or party structure. There is no selection process or party rules.

Do you know otherwise Centaur?

West London

have they?

The Brexit party's actions in selecting openly Gay MEP candidates such as Dr David Bull and Louis Stedman-Bryce proves the Brexit party is not homophobic and is welcoming to the LBGT community. "

Ann Widecombe is a homophobe isn't she?

Regardless of the headlines she thinks that it should not be permitted. She actively campaigns against its acceptability.

That is right isn't it Centaur?

have they?

Louis Stedman-Bryce is not only Gay, he's also black. The Brexit party also had many other black, asian and ethnic minority MEP candidates besides. All of your Brexiteer sterotypes seem to be crumbling here don't they. "

The trouble with you Centy is you love to post every little titbit of spurious information you can drag up as if you are some kind of crusader for the moral Right and quite frankly I think thats a bit sad. Where have you been by the way? Out canvassing or sectioned? If you really can’t see that I am taking the piss out of your Klan then I wonder what is wrong with you my little zealot

It's a shame, but not a surprise, that this thread is nothing more than the usual bitch-fest between remainers and brexiters. The actual subject is an emotive one and worthy of discussion but as usual you have all turned into another immature bickering session. You are both two sides of the same, low value coin. You argue about a country that used to be something but has been rendered nothing in the eyes of the world.

have they?

Louis Stedman-Bryce is not only Gay, he's also black. The Brexit party also had many other black, asian and ethnic minority MEP candidates besides. All of your Brexiteer sterotypes seem to be crumbling here don't they.

There is no manifesto or party structure. There is no selection process or party rules.

Do you know otherwise Centaur?"

The Brexit party has Registered Supporters.

The word manifesto has become synonymous with Broken promises in politics, so the Brexit party is using pledges instead. They pledge to deliver a clean break WTO Brexit. Mike Green the Brexit party candidate for the upcoming Peterborough by election on Thursday has made a number of pledges specific to the people of Peterborough, such as improving education and education facilities in Peterborough, and attracting more business to the local area.

Policy is being fleshed out now, as the party is only 6 to 7 weeks old.

Nigel Farage announced yesterday in Peterborough another Brexit party policy will be to oppose and scrap the vanity project called HS2.

Farage has also hinted that Brexit party may scrap the BBC television licence fee and bring it into the 21st century by making the bbc a subscription based service as the license fee is outdated and no longer fit for purpose.

For you to say there was no selection process of candidates is ridiculous, as all the Brexit party MEP candidates were interviewed and vetted with substantial background checks carried out before being allowed to stand in the European elections.

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

Ann Widecombe is a homophobe isn't she?

That is right isn't it Centaur?"

how about answering easy's question centy?

so is she then just a homophobe, who happens to represent the brexit party as an MEP....

or is she a homophobe representing actual brexit party policy!

i think that is a fair question to ask.......

also in all you defending of her centy, I have yet to hear you condemn the actual remarks that were made by her on sky news......

you could start by don't that.... just a thought like!

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Like her party, she is a toxic stain on society. She doesn't care about the effects of her behaviour on society but is always happy to hog attention.

West London

have they?

The word manifesto has become synonymous with Broken promises in politics, so the Brexit party is using pledges instead. They pledge to deliver a clean break WTO Brexit. Mike Green the Brexit party candidate for the upcoming Peterborough by election on Thursday has made a number of pledges specific to the people of Peterborough, such as improving education and education facilities in Peterborough, and attracting more business to the local area.

Nigel Farage announced yesterday in Peterborough another Brexit party policy will be to oppose and scrap the vanity project called HS2.

Farage has also hinted that Brexit party may scrap the BBC television licence fee and bring it into the 21st century by making the bbc a subscription based service as the license fee is outdated and no longer fit for purpose.

For you to say there was no selection process of candidates is ridiculous, as all the Brexit party MEP candidates were interviewed and vetted with substantial background checks carried out before being allowed to stand in the European elections. "

There are no party members. Correct?

The Brexit party is making "pledges" based on what system? Whatever will get publicity? What Move thinks? What does the Brexit party stand for other than...Brexit?

What is the process for selecting or removing representatives from the party, including its leader?

Is not being homophobic part of the thorough vetting process?

What about not being racist?

What about not being Islamophobic or anti-Semitic?

Do you know?

have they?

For you to say there was no selection process of candidates is ridiculous, as all the Brexit party MEP candidates were interviewed and vetted with substantial background checks carried out before being allowed to stand in the European elections. "

Do you know when they will start making pledges on the real issues? Not just a few token areas which grab headlines? Eg NHS, taxes, state support? Its not as tho the people behind TBP haven't been in UK politics for yonks even if the party is new.

Bristol East

"

"Brexit!"

"And on LGBT rights."

"Brexit."

"Fake news."

Yet more Faux outrage.

The fact is the Brexit party is welcoming of the LBGT community, otherwise openly Gay Brexit party MEP's Dr David Bull and Louis Stedman-Bryce wouldn't have been selected as Brexit party candidates. "

If party policy is one of equality, as you imply, will Widdecombe be disciplined, rebuked or sacked for bringing the party into disrepute?

"

"Brexit!"

"And on LGBT rights."

"Brexit."

"Fake news."

Yet more Faux outrage.

The fact is the Brexit party is welcoming of the LBGT community, otherwise openly Gay Brexit party MEP's Dr David Bull and Louis Stedman-Bryce wouldn't have been selected as Brexit party candidates.

If party policy is one of equality, as you imply, will Widdecombe be disciplined, rebuked or sacked for bringing the party into disrepute?

"

Given that they have no policies, no manifesto and no idea apart from Brexit means Brexit at any cost, and therefore its become a bit of a free for all Klan for all the lunatics who previously got quietly ignored by polite and caring members of society I guess the answer is probably a no

Bristol East

Yep, the blindfold party for blind voters.

I've no doubt science will be able to "cure" somebody of homosexuality one day, the real question is would you want to be?.

It seems it's a bit like curing you of blue eyes or white skin, all seems a bit pointless, alas while we have religious theocracy held dear within sections of society I've no doubt these backward ideas will be around.

By *lem-H-FandangoMan  over a year ago

salisbury

"I've no doubt science will be able to "cure" somebody of homosexuality one day, the real question is would you want to be?.

It seems it's a bit like curing you of blue eyes or white skin, all seems a bit pointless, alas while we have religious theocracy held dear within sections of society I've no doubt these backward ideas will be around."

If there was a pill, I'd take it.

Chudleigh

Our concern with anything in this space is its relationship with Eugenics.

Clearly if an individual feels the body they are in, or their sexual preferences change then it is up to them to elect to do something about it.

Sadly, the alternative of hoping ‘society’ or ‘science’ will come up with a ‘cure’ sounds much too sinister and downright homophobic.

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

As far as I know the Brexit Party have still to tell the world what any of their supporters are supporting or voting for.

Stop following that shitwagon, no matter what you think it is, it is a shitwagon not the wedding you have an invite to!

I support the BREXIT Party, but don’t agree with any notion of homosexuality being treated like an illness that can somehow be “cured.”

I’m sure there are many Labour supporters who are not anti Semitic. Yet a lot more than one of that party are.

Anne Widdecombe is a lovely old lady, but is also quite the eccentric. Nevertheless it was a ridiculous and stupid thing to say, if she did indeed actually say it.

West London

"I support the BREXIT Party, but don’t agree with any notion of homosexuality being treated like an illness that can somehow be “cured.”

I’m sure there are many Labour supporters who are not anti Semitic. Yet a lot more than one of that party are.

Anne Widdecombe is a lovely old lady, but is also quite the eccentric. Nevertheless it was a ridiculous and stupid thing to say, if she did indeed actually say it."

She is not a "lovely" old lady or "eccentric". She has been consistently homophobic throughout her life.

Is that the representative that you want? Is anything OK as long as someone supports a hard Brexit?

What is not okay?

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

"I support the BREXIT Party, but don’t agree with any notion of homosexuality being treated like an illness that can somehow be “cured.”

Anne Widdecombe is a lovely old lady, but is also quite the eccentric. Nevertheless it was a ridiculous and stupid thing to say, if she did indeed actually say it.

She is not a "lovely" old lady or "eccentric". She has been consistently homophobic throughout her life.

Is that the representative that you want? Is anything OK as long as someone supports a hard Brexit?

What is not okay?"

He already accepted on another thread that he supports Brexit at any cost, no matter what it involves. That was on the thread about pathological liar Johnson being taken to Court.

Anne Widdecombe is a lovely old lady, but is also quite the eccentric. Nevertheless it was a ridiculous and stupid thing to say, if she did indeed actually say it."

Yeah, for sure. Not every Brexit party member or voter is homophobic. And not all are racist or bigoted. And not all are the stereotype boneheads that they're all portrayed as.

All political parties whatever side of the fence they sit on should deal with the bigots in their ranks. No place for it in the modern world.

People can say what they want, but any party that wants to be taken seriously should give these assholes the boot.

By *ykmwyldTV/TS  over a year ago

Belpre

Homosexual, bisexual, heterosexual, ect...ect..., none of these are diseases, so a cure will never exist. Just another right wing idiotic perspective from narrow minded individuals that shouldn't have a say about anything any longer. Their views are outdated and don't deserve to be heard or considered now or ever again. Wiser thinking must prevail in the future for our childrens sake.

Yeah, for sure. Not every Brexit party member or voter is homophobic. And not all are racist or bigoted. And not all are the stereotype boneheads that they're all portrayed as.

All political parties whatever side of the fence they sit on should deal with the bigots in their ranks. No place for it in the modern world.

People can say what they want, but any party that wants to be taken seriously should give these assholes the boot.

"

Exactly, so what about Labour and it’s Jew haters?

"Homosexual, bisexual, heterosexual, ect...ect..., none of these are diseases, so a cure will never exist. Just another right wing idiotic perspective from narrow minded individuals that shouldn't have a say about anything any longer. Their views are outdated and don't deserve to be heard or considered now or ever again. Wiser thinking must prevail in the future for our childrens sake."

Same as anti semites then?

Bristol East

"

"

I think the thought of sex with Anne Widdecombe would "cure" anyone of their heterosexual urges.

salisbury

Exactly, so what about Labour and it’s Jew haters?"

I don't believe a distrust of the state of Israel equates to hating Jews.

I don't believe a distrust of the state of Israel equates to hating Jews. "

A lot of Jews believe just that, rejection of Zionism is a rejection of Judaism.

Bristol East

"

I don't believe a distrust of the state of Israel equates to hating Jews. "

I agree.

But I think Corbyn's problem is this.

His anger at Israeli government policy blinds him to a different kind of anger show by others - the smearing and abuse of Jews in general.

I do not believe he is any more anti-Semitic than he is a leader of people.

salisbury

A lot of Jews believe just that, rejection of Zionism is a rejection of Judaism."

More fool them.

salisbury

"

I agree.

But I think Corbyn's problem is this.

His anger at Israeli government policy blinds him to a different kind of anger show by others - the smearing and abuse of Jews in general.

I do not believe he is any more anti-Semitic than he is a leader of people.

"

I think a Corbyn government is just the tonic this country needs. Time for something new.

"I've no doubt science will be able to "cure" somebody of homosexuality one day, the real question is would you want to be?.

It seems it's a bit like curing you of blue eyes or white skin, all seems a bit pointless, alas while we have religious theocracy held dear within sections of society I've no doubt these backward ideas will be around."

There are coloured contact lenses to change eye colour, glutathione injections to lighten skin, even anal bleaching What is pointless to you can be essential to others. I know of homosexual people in Third World countries who are desperately miserable and suicidal because of how they are. It's trite to say that the preferable option is to change the attitudes and cultures of the societies they live in - not only could that take hundreds of years, but what right does the West have to tell other cultures how to be?

Bristol East

Perish the thought that people in positions of leadership should actually show any sort of leadership, instead of running with the herd and reinforcing repression and prejudice.

By *eavenNhellCouple  over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

"Perish the thought that people in positions of leadership should actually show any sort of leadership, instead of running with the herd and reinforcing repression and prejudice.

"

this

"Perish the thought that people in positions of leadership should actually show any sort of leadership, instead of running with the herd and reinforcing repression and prejudice.

"

Wow! So stunning, so Brave.

West London

Exactly, so what about Labour and it’s Jew haters?"

Forget the "what about". What are your standards?

Is that the representative that you want?

Is anything OK as long as someone supports a hard Brexit?

What is not okay?

By *meraldisle400Man  over a year ago

London

What is not okay?"

She is a devout Catholic and is entitled to express her views on topics.

A lot of Jews believe just that, rejection of Zionism is a rejection of Judaism.

More fool them."

Are you calling the Jewish people fools now?

What is not okay?"

Antisemitism...

I met two guys on some recent travels. They were friends and their children played together, they socialised as families. These two men had been lovers two decades ago. Now they nurse their broken hearts every day as the society that they live in does not acknowledge homosexuality and any expression of it is punished by exile from the island community. I watched their interactions and saw a kindness and tenderness alongside deep sadness. I have no idea what their opinion on a cure would be, but I know the pain of their unrequited love is caused not by their choice of lover, but by the non acceptance of their choices by a miserable, oppressive religion and government.

Any person can be oppressed or disadvantaged by by innocuous features of themselves provided there is a society around them willing to hate them for it. They have cures for baldness, big noses, non conforming vaginas and anuses that aren't the right colour. Other societies have had cures for intellectuals, non believers and people with disabilities. The society needs the cure, not the human.

I don't like the woman, but anyone seen the entire interview? It seems the hate filled have jumped on an edit line that does not account for the context.

She was asked if science would be able to cure someone who didn't want to be gay. She didn't give a direct answer and tried to avoid giving one but said maybe it would one day if that person sought a cure.

West London

What is not okay?

Antisemitism..."

Racism and homophobia are acceptable if the Brexit goal is achieved then?

Bristol East

"I don't like the woman, but anyone seen the entire interview? It seems the hate filled have jumped on an edit line that does not account for the context.

She was asked if science would be able to cure someone who didn't want to be gay. She didn't give a direct answer and tried to avoid giving one but said maybe it would one day if that person sought a cure. "

She has learned to moderate her language, that's all.

Widdecombe comes from a generation that thought science had found the answer.

After discovering that execution and long prison sentences did not eradicate "sexual deviancy" from the population, the Widdecombes asked science for the answer.

Science came up with electric shock therapy and chemical castration.

People who dared to explore their sexuality were forcibly plugged into the mains and tortured.

Men were forcibly treated with female hormones until their dicks went limp, basically.

And still that did not stop people growing up to be gay and bi.

At every turn of the wheel in here career, Widdecombe has railed against the idea that sexuality is something to be embraced rather than resisted and punished.

All that's changed now is her language. But the message is still the same.

Where's your thread in regards to the weekly protests in Birmingham around certain schools with a certain religious population?

I thought you'd be fighting for LGBTQ rights regardless of if it fit in with your political point scoring.

Bristol East

"Where's your thread in regards to the weekly protests in Birmingham around certain schools with a certain religious population?

I thought you'd be fighting for LGBTQ rights regardless of if it fit in with your political point scoring.

"

Feel free to start a thread about it if it's important to you.

West London

"I don't like the woman, but anyone seen the entire interview? It seems the hate filled have jumped on an edit line that does not account for the context.

She was asked if science would be able to cure someone who didn't want to be gay. She didn't give a direct answer and tried to avoid giving one but said maybe it would one day if that person sought a cure. "

No, she was asked about her support of the idea of gay conversion therapy.

The only thing she said she was misrepresented about was that there was that she didn't say that there was currently a way to switch sexuality.

West London

"Where's your thread in regards to the weekly protests in Birmingham around certain schools with a certain religious population?

"

They are bigots but have not run for public office and do not represent our country in an international forum.

"

They are bigots but have not run for public office and do not represent our country in an international forum."

Ahhh the "running for public office arguemnt". Which is meaningless when we live in a free and democratic society.

It's easy to condemn when asked to do so.

West London

"

They are bigots but have not run for public office and do not represent our country in an international forum.

Ahhh the "running for public office arguemnt". Which is meaningless when we live in a free and democratic society.

It's easy to condemn when asked to do so. "

Post a thread and feed your hatred of "the other" however you wish

"

Post a thread and feed your hatred of "the other" however you wish "

I don't hate anyone dear comrade.

We are all human at the end of the day.

Bristol East

"

They are bigots but have not run for public office and do not represent our country in an international forum."

I imagine it's an issue that really perplexes fascists - trying to work out which minority they detest least.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Science didn’t do a very good job with Turing.

By *ky19Man  over a year ago

Plymouth

And so it begins!

Slurs and smears like this only show the establishment is absolutely shitting themselves (scuse the language) because they feel genuinely threatened that their nice little status quo is at risk.

"

"

Disagree with the liberal narrative on here and you will get the hater, racist, homophobe and a multitude of other labels.

Thinking for yourself and telling it as you see it is verboten.

As for the school gate stand offs between the lgbt and Muslim communities. It is every libtards nightmare. Who can they support? What about the other side?? OMG!!

"

Disagree with the liberal narrative on here and you will get the hater, racist, homophobe and a multitude of other labels.

As for the school gate stand offs between the lgbt and Muslim communities. It is every libtards nightmare. Who can they support? What about the other side?? OMG!! "

You really have the strangest view of anyone whose got any slight variation in world view from your own.

You complain about people using labels. Yet label anyone whose not like you as a "libtard".

What are your life experiences that shaped your views and personality?

"

As for the school gate stand offs between the lgbt and Muslim communities. It is every libtards nightmare. Who can they support? What about the other side?? OMG!!

What are your life experiences that shaped your views and personality?"

My life experiences are my own personal business. As a grown up I make my own...

"

What are your life experiences that shaped your views and personality?

My life experiences are my own personal business. As a grown up I make my own...

"

Was more of a rhetorical question.

I'm too old to really care on an individual level how people can lose all sight of what's right and wrong.

I disagree that your assuming there bigots, there disagreeing with a teaching curriculum on primary school children.

It's entirely possible to be Pro homosexuality and disagree with the extent of when to educate very young children on homosexuality.

Although being honest it's highly likely most of them will be homophobic due to there religion.

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

Doesn't it?

That's what.

How do you know?

They ain't got any.

"

I guess if it fits your narrative, then you would say this. There is more evidence that you are anti-brexit, and anti-right, than there is for this being Brexit policy.

Is this what we have come to on here... blatently making shit up now?

salisbury

Doesn't it?

That's what.

How do you know?

They ain't got any.

I guess if it fits your narrative, then you would say this. There is more evidence that you are anti-brexit, and anti-right, than there is for this being Brexit policy.

Is this what we have come to on here... blatently making shit up now? "

I thought that was mandatory on here?

Doesn't it?

That's what.

How do you know?

They ain't got any.

I thought that was mandatory on here? "

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

Doesn't it?

That's what.

How do you know?

They ain't got any.

I thought that was mandatory on here? "

I guess I should have read the rules more thoroughly lol!

More fake news by remoaners taking personal opinions of one individual and claiming that the whole party believes it

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

"Think they were the personal thoughts of Ann Widdecombe, not of the Brexit Party."

How do you know that, the Brexit party have refused to publish a manifesto.

Well said and great to see a balanced and well written post on the topic.

"

I think the thought of sex with Anne Widdecombe would "cure" anyone of their heterosexual urges.

"

She was a very successfull cabinet minister and a devout Christian. Great to see that she has achieved success in life .

Maybe some of the posters on here should stand for election and see how many votes they would pull. I guess that quite a few would lose their deposits.

Anne Widdicome has proved that she has achieved a lot in life and still can. She won a seat a few weeks ago.

All I can say to her is well done and keep up the good work.

Another success story

Chudleigh

"

She was a very successfull cabinet minister and a devout Christian. Great to see that she has achieved success in life .

Maybe some of the posters on here should stand for election and see how many votes they would pull. I guess that quite a few would lose their deposits.

Anne Widdicome has proved that she has achieved a lot in life and still can. She won a seat a few weeks ago.

All I can say to her is well done and keep up the good work.

Another success story "

Are you Trump in disguise, that was straight out of his playbook & complete bollox as well

Bristol East

Katie Hopkins just gave me the answer.

The Islamophobe thinks Muslims are wonderful when they are homophobes.

Lol

West London

She was asked if science would be able to cure someone who didn't want to be gay. She didn't give a direct answer and tried to avoid giving one but said maybe it would one day if that person sought a cure. Well said and great to see a balanced and well written post on the topic. "

No, she was asked about her support of the idea of gay conversion therapy.

The only thing she said she was misrepresented about was that there was that she didn't say that there was currently a way to switch sexuality.

Have you watched the interview?

By *or Fox SakeCouple  over a year ago

Thornaby

The only point your making is you are an idiot.

The only point your making is you are an idiot."

Ok, I'll initially ignore the fact that personal insults are not allowed and the fact that it's "you're" not "your" and offer you to present your argument.

West London

They are bigots but have not run for public office and do not represent our country in an international forum..

I disagree that your assuming there bigots, there disagreeing with a teaching curriculum on primary school children.

It's entirely possible to be Pro homosexuality and disagree with the extent of when to educate very young children on homosexuality.

Although being honest it's highly likely most of them will be homophobic due to there religion.

"

Have you any idea what the curriculum being objected to is?

It's completely inocuous. It's basically about being nice and treating people as they are.

In my experience people with strong opinions who shout a lot tend to not take the time to find out about what they're angry at.

That makes them bigots. Hating for hate's sake.

Bristol East

That's right. This is not sex education. This is simply normalising the idea that some children in a school are not brought up by parents of the opposite sex. One objective is to protect those children from bullying.

Take a look at the demonstartors and see just how many were actually parents of the children in the school

There were mostley men who had nothing to do with the school or the children who went there.

Bristol East

Thoughtful piece by Nick Gibb, the education minister and happily married gay man in the Times today, prompted by Widdecombe.

It strikes me these people are still fighting religious wars that the law and society has long since declared null and void.

By *eavenNhellCouple  over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

"Thoughtful piece by Nick Gibb, the education minister and happily married gay man in the Times today, prompted by Widdecombe.

It strikes me these people are still fighting religious wars that the law and society has long since declared null and void. "

but should they assume power laws can be changed and propaganda used to turn societys views and minds

I don’t believe in god, so it doesn’t bother me what people’s sexual preferences are. But Anne Widdecombe is obviously a devout catholic. It is an unfortunate fact that the Catholic Church are against everything from the theory of evolution to contraception, and yes homosexuality. It is the same with Islam, and those who adhere strictly to the Koran are also against homosexuality, as we have seen outside the school gates in Birmingham lately.

It seems to me that there is a clash between what is socially acceptable in the free world, and what most religions are willing to accept. It is not ideal, but we can’t go banning people of faith from standing for office. There would be hell to pay (pun intended).

I would wager that there are strictly religious people who share those views in every political party, not just the BREXIT Party. It’s a shame, but there is nothing we can do about it.

Bristol East

"Thoughtful piece by Nick Gibb, the education minister and happily married gay man in the Times today, prompted by Widdecombe.

It strikes me these people are still fighting religious wars that the law and society has long since declared null and void. but should they assume power laws can be changed and propaganda used to turn societys views and minds "

This debate has been moving in one direction for the last 50 years and more.

It has left these people behind, arguing points long since lost.

Religion keeps some motivated to want to return to an era of oppression and persecution.

Hopefully it will be a generational thing that withers on the vine.

Bristol East

Ha.

The Brexit Party has dumped its co-ordinator in the NW after a Manchester newspaper revealed he stood previously for the British National Party.

A few days earlier said he was content with members who hold strong views.

Hmmm.

Bristol East

Has Widdecombe or Farage condemned the assault on a bus of two stewardesses?

Some yobs demanding to see them snog, before beating them up.

Good to see Mr Corbyn with an unequivocal condemnation:

"Absolutely shocking. We must not, and will not, accept this homophobic and misogynist violence in our society. Solidarity to Melania and Chris, and to all in the LGBT+ community for everything they endure for simply being who they are."

salisbury

"Has Widdecombe or Farage condemned the assault on a bus of two stewardesses?

"Absolutely shocking. We must not, and will not, accept this homophobic and misogynist violence in our society. Solidarity to Melania and Chris, and to all in the LGBT+ community for everything they endure for simply being who they are."

"

Well done Corbyn! Spoken like a true leader! The culprits should be made an example of!

He only said that because he was asked what he thought by a journalist, the others 2 probably have not been interviewed on the subject.

"Has Widdecombe or Farage condemned the assault on a bus of two stewardesses?

"

Would be interesting to see Corbyn's reaction if the 2 women had turned out to be Jewish.

Bristol East

Well, I very much doubt he would advocate plugging them into the electric mains.

Bristol East

Today is the 65th anniversary of the death of the person whom the BBC last year declared the Greatest Briton of the 20th century?

Do you know who?

Widdecombe's science killed him.

My goodness me so as my wife's lover buggers me senseless I only have to think of Anne Widdecombe to be cured. Homosexuality is not a disease it is a perfectly natural function between males and females. Our sexuality is not set in stone and those that offer cures are more than likely the most deviant.

Ps good wholesome recreational deviant sex is best.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Today is the 65th anniversary of the death of the person whom the BBC last year declared the Greatest Briton of the 20th century?

Do you know who?

Widdecombe's science killed him.

"

Turing?

Bristol East

Yes.

Alan Turing.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Yes.

Alan Turing.

"

A genius whose work saved countless lives and shortened a global conflict by up to two years..

Bristol East

Science had found the "answer".

Chemical castration - a perfectly healthy man forcibly filled with female hormones until his dick went limp, basically.

His answer was to commit suicide.

An absolute genius, destroyed by homophobia.

Bristol East

I guess when he was winning the war no-one cared that he liked cock rather than fanny.

Once the war began to fade, he found himself on the wrong side of the law.

He was given a choice - prison or chemical castration.

The guy was a war hero.

His death took a little longer.

Killed by his own side.

Labour MP Roger Godsiff has come out in support of the largely Muslim anti LGBT protests outside Birmingham schools. He said he will support the protesters who want LBGT lessons in schools stopped, and fight their corner because "they're right".

Just wondering if the OP, now thinks because one Labour MP has a personal view on this, that it means its Labour party policy?

The following link to ITV news has a video showing Labour MP Roger Godsiff giving his support to the protesters, and says it right to stop LGBT lessons being taught in schools...

www.itv.com/news/2019-06-08/labour-mp-sparks-party-row-after-telling-lgbt-teaching-protesters-youre-right/

West London

"Labour MP Roger Godsiff has come out in support of the largely Muslim anti LGBT protests outside Birmingham schools. He said he will support the protesters who want LBGT lessons in schools stopped, and fight their corner because "they're right".

Just wondering if the OP, now thinks because one Labour MP has a personal view on this, that it means its Labour party policy?

The following link to ITV news has a video showing Labour MP Roger Godsiff giving his support to the protesters, and says it right to stop LGBT lessons being taught in schools...

www.itv.com/news/2019-06-08/labour-mp-sparks-party-row-after-telling-lgbt-teaching-protesters-youre-right/"

The Labour party has a policy supporting LGBTQ equality. He has been referred by other MPs and party members for his position.

What is the Brexit party position on LGBTQ equality? Bear in mind that the DUP has a homosexual councillor so that alone is a, weirdly, meanigless standard.