FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Project fear assined to the dust bin

Project fear assined to the dust bin

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

More bad news for the merchants of doom and gloom on this forum .

Project fear is slowly unravelling. Unbelievably, Airbus have announced that they will continue production in the UK irrespective of the outcome of Brexit. This is of course excellent news for Airbus workers in the UK, but no apologies have been received from Airbus for the important role played in Project Fear (or from the BBC which played up what was always an implausible story). Meanwhile the CBI have taken down their website page in which firms expressed fears about border delays which are no longer likely and in which the Ford Motor company said that no deal would no longer disrupt its just in time production. The former link now takes viewers somewhere else on the site .

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Project bull shit about no deal being hunky dory and a majority wanting WTO terms, albeit neither have been backed with anything other than the myopic viewpoint of the Op is still ongoing..

Oops nothing he says is to be taken as anything other than his opinion as its only on here and not real life..

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"More bad news for the merchants of doom and gloom on this forum .

Project fear is slowly unravelling. Unbelievably, Airbus have announced that they will continue production in the UK irrespective of the outcome of Brexit. This is of course excellent news for Airbus workers in the UK, but no apologies have been received from Airbus for the important role played in Project Fear (or from the BBC which played up what was always an implausible story). Meanwhile the CBI have taken down their website page in which firms expressed fears about border delays which are no longer likely and in which the Ford Motor company said that no deal would no longer disrupt its just in time production. The former link now takes viewers somewhere else on the site . "

actually..... yes and no...

that statement doesn't include the stuff that was announced last month that is being moved away from northern ireland production as part of the bombardier/airbus a220 production

Newcastle and Gateshead

oh... and fords position on brexit....

this is what the "europe division" chairman said during their annual revenue call 4 weeks ago....

The US car manufacturer’s Europe Chairman Steven Armstrong warned of the potentially disastrous effects of a no-deal Brexit on Ford and the wider industry.

Such a scenario would mean Ford “will have to consider seriously the long-term future of our investments in the country,” Mr Armstrong told The Associated Press.

“We've been very consistent since the referendum that a hard Brexit, a no-deal Brexit, would be a disaster for the automotive industry in the UK and within that of course I count Ford Motor Company,” Mr Armstrong told the news agency

“So anything that puts tariffs or friction at the borders in place would be a significant inhibitor to our business. We've been very clear in saying that could cost us up to a billion dollars a year.”

Mr Armstrong said Ford had spent tens of millions of dollars preparing for a no-deal Brexit. “The best case for me would be that that money is actually wasted because we actually reach a deal,”

“So I would encourage all parties concerned to figure out how to get us to a deal that guarantees frictionless trade because otherwise we will have to consider seriously the long-term future of our investments in the country.”

so pat...... lets stop spinning mate!

By *anejohnkent6263Couple  over a year ago

canterbury

So what happened to David Cameron's and George Osbournes doom and gloom predictions ....not to mention the bank of england ....all wrong ...we doing ok despite the negatives....x

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Project fear is slowly unravelling. Unbelievably, Airbus have announced that they will continue production in the UK irrespective of the outcome of Brexit. This is of course excellent news for Airbus workers in the UK, but no apologies have been received from Airbus for the important role played in Project Fear (or from the BBC which played up what was always an implausible story). Meanwhile the CBI have taken down their website page in which firms expressed fears about border delays which are no longer likely and in which the Ford Motor company said that no deal would no longer disrupt its just in time production. The former link now takes viewers somewhere else on the site . "

I told you all airbus would be ok as a few neibhours I have work there and they have not been worried at all

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"So what happened to David Cameron's and George Osbournes doom and gloom predictions ....not to mention the bank of england ....all wrong ...we doing ok despite the negatives....x"

Do you not think the billions and billions of stimulus injected by the Bank of England right after the referendum may have steadied the ship?

By *anejohnkent6263Couple  over a year ago

canterbury

Oh I see must of done aye....or perhaps there was nothing to fear anyway ....

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

Better luck next time.

Airbus denied this categorically on 28 May:

“We’re aware that an online article has suggested Airbus’ stance on Brexit may have changed. It hasn’t.

“We are still seeking clarity, while preparing for a no deal Brexit.”

Newcastle and Gateshead

you mean pat lied in relation to be airbus..... and ford

now theres a shocker....

obvious pat wont come back to thread.... i wouldn't if i was called out for deliberately misleading people.....

"Better luck next time.

“We’re aware that an online article has suggested Airbus’ stance on Brexit may have changed. It hasn’t.

“We are still seeking clarity, while preparing for a no deal Brexit.”"

Hi. I do not think I need any luck. Airbus have simply commented on the published article. If Airbus leave the UK I will know that the article was incorrect, for now I will acceotvit as being accurate in light of the information available to the authors at the time that they wrote it .

A fee changes to duties or governing organisations are hardly going to make Airbus want to leave the UK.

Why would a company with substantial manufacturing operations in the UK want to leave and have to replace a highly skilled workforce .

I am happy to simply ignore the merchants of doom and gloom.

"oh... and fords position on brexit....

this is what the "europe division" chairman said during their annual revenue call 4 weeks ago....

The US car manufacturer’s Europe Chairman Steven Armstrong warned of the potentially disastrous effects of a no-deal Brexit on Ford and the wider industry.

Such a scenario would mean Ford “will have to consider seriously the long-term future of our investments in the country,” Mr Armstrong told The Associated Press.

“We've been very consistent since the referendum that a hard Brexit, a no-deal Brexit, would be a disaster for the automotive industry in the UK and within that of course I count Ford Motor Company,” Mr Armstrong told the news agency

“So anything that puts tariffs or friction at the borders in place would be a significant inhibitor to our business. We've been very clear in saying that could cost us up to a billion dollars a year.”

Mr Armstrong said Ford had spent tens of millions of dollars preparing for a no-deal Brexit. “The best case for me would be that that money is actually wasted because we actually reach a deal,”

“So I would encourage all parties concerned to figure out how to get us to a deal that guarantees frictionless trade because otherwise we will have to consider seriously the long-term future of our investments in the country.”

so pat...... lets stop spinning mate! "

Maybe your information is out of date .You appear to refer to one call made four weeks ago. The article to which I refer is bang up to date.

By *avidnsa69Man  over a year ago

Essex

"Better luck next time.

“We are still seeking clarity, while preparing for a no deal Brexit.” Hi. I do not think I need any luck. Airbus have simply commented on the published article. If Airbus leave the UK I will know that the article was incorrect, for now I will acceotvit as being accurate in light of the information available to the authors at the time that they wrote it .

A fee changes to duties or governing organisations are hardly going to make Airbus want to leave the UK.

Why would a company with substantial manufacturing operations in the UK want to leave and have to replace a highly skilled workforce .

I am happy to simply ignore the merchants of doom and gloom."

I despair.....

Guillaume Faury was quoted by news website Euractiv as saying the UK “is part of Airbus” as he appeared to hint he wants the company to remain in the UK regardless of how negotiations pan out. His reported view is in direct contrast to his predecessor Tom Enders, who previously described the handling of Brexit by Theresa May and the Government as a “disgrace” and has been vocal about his opposition to Britain leaving the European Union. Mr Faury, who took over from Mr Enders last month, is reported to have called the UK a “very important pillar” for Airbus. He is believed to have made the remarks during a Innovation Days event in Toulouse on 21 May, 2019

"Better luck next time.

“We are still seeking clarity, while preparing for a no deal Brexit.”"

The statement below is hardly the categorical denial to which you refer .

Airbus has simply distanced itself from some of the comments

Airbus has distanced itself from the report, although not the exact quotes, saying it had not changed its policy on Brexit had not changed

"you mean pat lied in relation to be airbus..... and ford

now theres a shocker....

obvious pat wont come back to thread.... i wouldn't if i was called out for deliberately misleading people..... "

Airbus have simply distanced themselves from the comments , they have not categorically denied them .

It would appear that the new chairman has a different perspective to the previous one . Hardly a lie .

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"Better luck next time.

“We are still seeking clarity, while preparing for a no deal Brexit.” Hi. I do not think I need any luck. Airbus have simply commented on the published article. If Airbus leave the UK I will know that the article was incorrect, for now I will acceotvit as being accurate in light of the information available to the authors at the time that they wrote it .

I am happy to simply ignore the merchants of doom and gloom."

Have an open mind and take on board the facts as available. Consider also that your bias will blind you to what you do not like, or doesn't fit your beliefs

West London

"

Better luck next time.

Airbus has distanced itself from the report, although not the exact quotes, saying it had not changed its policy on Brexit had not changed"

Then why wasn't this a huge headline in your favourite Brexit-supporting newspapers?

"

Better luck next time.

Airbus has distanced itself from the report, although not the exact quotes, saying it had not changed its policy on Brexit had not changed

Then why wasn't this a huge headline in your favourite Brexit-supporting newspapers? "

It would hardly be a headline as the change in stance was by the new chairman. There appears to be a slight difference of opinion between the new chairman and the other board of directors..

"Better luck next time.

I am happy to simply ignore the merchants of doom and gloom.

Have an open mind and take on board the facts as available. Consider also that your bias will blind you to what you do not like, or doesn't fit your beliefs"

I use the FTSE as a live real time indicator of Financial Performance. You can hardly get more open minded than that.

So its a hint then? What a stupid point to make! Astonishingly asinine! You couldn’t make it up. Are you one of Centy’s multiple profiles?

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

Airbus have said no such thing, quite simply because they can’t.

Aircraft manufacturing in all its guises is dependant on origination and certification and Airbus is an EASA certified aircraft. This means that all component parts must be manufactured and fitted in an EASA certified facility.

Leaving the EU with no deal means leaving all of the EU institutions, of which EASA is one. Brexiters make a big fuss about all parts of the U.K. coming out of all parts of the EU and removing the primacy of the European Court from Government, business and the people of the U.K.

What could happen, is that the U.K. could negotiate a stand alone arrangement with EASA so that manufacturing can continue in Broughton and Bristol. In effect, this would make the factories miniature EU satellites that are regulated wholly by EASA.

Last weekend I was talking to a guy who works at Broughton and they are under no illusion that a no deal Brexit and an acrimonious fall out would result in the manufacturing at Broughton and Bristol being transferred to Toulouse and Valencia. It will just be a matter of time.

It appears that like many Brexiters you prefer not to want to look at anything below the surface. With most Brexiters, scratch the surface and add in real world issues and their assertions completely fall apart.

By *bernathCouple  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

Project fear is slowly unravelling. Unbelievably, Airbus have announced that they will continue production in the UK irrespective of the outcome of Brexit. This is of course excellent news for Airbus workers in the UK, but no apologies have been received from Airbus for the important role played in Project Fear (or from the BBC which played up what was always an implausible story). Meanwhile the CBI have taken down their website page in which firms expressed fears about border delays which are no longer likely and in which the Ford Motor company said that no deal would no longer disrupt its just in time production. The former link now takes viewers somewhere else on the site .

Aircraft manufacturing in all its guises is dependant on origination and certification and Airbus is an EASA certified aircraft. This means that all component parts must be manufactured and fitted in an EASA certified facility.

Leaving the EU with no deal means leaving all of the EU institutions, of which EASA is one. Brexiters make a big fuss about all parts of the U.K. coming out of all parts of the EU and removing the primacy of the European Court from Government, business and the people of the U.K.

What could happen, is that the U.K. could negotiate a stand alone arrangement with EASA so that manufacturing can continue in Broughton and Bristol. In effect, this would make the factories miniature EU satellites that are regulated wholly by EASA.

Last weekend I was talking to a guy who works at Broughton and they are under no illusion that a no deal Brexit and an acrimonious fall out would result in the manufacturing at Broughton and Bristol being transferred to Toulouse and Valencia. It will just be a matter of time.

It appears that like many Brexiters you prefer not to want to look at anything below the surface. With most Brexiters, scratch the surface and add in real world issues and their assertions completely fall apart."

You Can say that again. Brexit was based on slogans, easy to remember, hard to implement in practice.

But then again snake oil does do wonders for many ailments.

I love how some people are so easily fooled.

So now a company not closing is a victory for Brexit. Amazing.

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

"I love how some people are so easily fooled.

So now a company not closing is a victory for Brexit. Amazing."

Yet it seems to be a vindication of remainers when its thought that it is.You cant have it both ways.

"I love how some people are so easily fooled.

So now a company not closing is a victory for Brexit. Amazing.Yet it seems to be a vindication of remainers when its thought that it is.You cant have it both ways. "

Come again?

All we're saying is. We knew Brexit would be bad for the UK economy. And it is, lots of businesses closing down or exiting.

Now the pro-Brexit argument seems to be things like this. Businesses managing not to leave. Hardly a positive result.

By *ethnmelvCouple  over a year ago

Chudleigh

"you mean pat lied in relation to be airbus..... and ford

now theres a shocker....

obvious pat wont come back to thread.... i wouldn't if i was called out for deliberately misleading people.....

Airbus have simply distanced themselves from the comments , they have not categorically denied them .

It would appear that the new chairman has a different perspective to the previous one . Hardly a lie . "

It may be that the new President of the EU will have a different perspective than the old one as well

Airbus have distanced themselves from such positivity

“We’re aware that an online article has suggested [Airbus’s] stance on Brexit may have changed,” says the airframer's UK operation.

“It hasn’t. We are still seeking clarity, while preparing for a no-deal Bexit.”

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

A prospect described today as "economic lunacy" by the society that represents 20,000 UK manufacturers.

"So its a hint then? What a stupid point to make! Astonishingly asinine! You couldn’t make it up. Are you one of Centy’s multiple profiles? "
One small point though. It was not made up. If you looked at the post you will see what the new chairman actually said. I have even pasted his comments in.

In real life I bet you would not dare accuse someone of making someone up. It seems there are lots of keyboard warriors on the internet.

It appears that like many Brexiters you prefer not to want to look at anything below the surface. With most Brexiters, scratch the surface and add in real world issues and their assertions completely fall apart."

However the Chairman did make a statement implying that. I have even pasted a copy of what he said in. It would seem that Airbus want to keep their change of tact quiet.

In any event it is good news for the UK.

It appears that like many Brexiters you prefer not to want to look at anything below the surface. With most Brexiters, scratch the surface and add in real world issues and their assertions completely fall apart. However the Chairman did make a statement implying that. I have even pasted a copy of what he said in. It would seem that Airbus want to keep their change of tact quiet.

In any event it is good news for the UK. "

It's not technically good news. It's not even news.

By *ethnmelvCouple  over a year ago

Chudleigh

This isn’t meant to bring doom & gloom, just as a balance against Brexiteers picking snippets to defend the hope of the Land of milk and honey...

- Manufacturing contracts on the back of an end to stockpiling & international tensions

- Kier Construction issue profit warning amidst downturn, shares slump.

Obviously those that monitor the FTSE 100 & 350 will pick this up and factor it into their forecasts

"So its a hint then? What a stupid point to make! Astonishingly asinine! You couldn’t make it up. Are you one of Centy’s multiple profiles? One small point though. It was not made up. If you looked at the post you will see what the new chairman actually said. I have even pasted his comments in.

In real life I bet you would not dare accuse someone of making someone up. It seems there are lots of keyboard warriors on the internet. "

In real life? Have you ever been there? I will admit that sometimes I am a bit sassy on here but usually only because of the bone headed and idle thinking that gets posted in this forum which at times I do find so terribly exasperating! I also enjoy poking fun at those who hero worship spivs like “our nige” and like to relay verbatim “facts” from the DM. Would I say it in real life? On the whole it depends on the company but I am not afraid of standing up for what I see as common decency and human rights! Now why dont you go back to trawling the mail online and see if you can drag up some other sensationalist titbits to amuse us all

West London

"

Better luck next time.

Then why wasn't this a huge headline in your favourite Brexit-supporting newspapers? It would hardly be a headline as the change in stance was by the new chairman. There appears to be a slight difference of opinion between the new chairman and the other board of directors.."

This is what he said on 19 May:

"Brexit crisis has worsened for us, warns Airbus chief

Airbus was the first big multinational industrial company to warn that it could withdraw from the UK if there was an unsatisfactory Brexit. Nearly a year on from that admission, the new boss of the aircraft manufacturer has warned that the situation has worsened.

In his first interview in the UK since taking over as chief executive just over a month ago, Guillaume Faury was also unable to give any clarity on the future for 4,000 aerospace workers in Belfast making wings for the Airbus A220.

He confirmed that his options for the under-threat Short Brothers plant in Northern Ireland included transferring production elsewhere."

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/brexit-crisis-has-worsened-for-us-warns-airbus-chief-7kdzgqlp2

This is on the record.

He changed his mind completely how many days later according to you?

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"

In any event it is good news for the UK. "

Unlike leaving the EU, which is just bad news

Newcastle and Gateshead

oh pat.... speaking of ford....

sky news reporting expected to announce the closure of the engine plant in bridgend, which employs 1700 people.......

West London

"

Better luck next time.

Then why wasn't this a huge headline in your favourite Brexit-supporting newspapers? It would hardly be a headline as the change in stance was by the new chairman. There appears to be a slight difference of opinion between the new chairman and the other board of directors..

Airbus was the first big multinational industrial company to warn that it could withdraw from the UK if there was an unsatisfactory Brexit. Nearly a year on from that admission, the new boss of the aircraft manufacturer has warned that the situation has worsened.

In his first interview in the UK since taking over as chief executive just over a month ago, Guillaume Faury was also unable to give any clarity on the future for 4,000 aerospace workers in Belfast making wings for the Airbus A220.

He confirmed that his options for the under-threat Short Brothers plant in Northern Ireland included transferring production elsewhere."

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/brexit-crisis-has-worsened-for-us-warns-airbus-chief-7kdzgqlp2

This is on the record.

He changed his mind completely how many days later according to you?"

you actually have any answer to this Pat?

This is what the thread is, apparently, about.

"

Better luck next time.

Then why wasn't this a huge headline in your favourite Brexit-supporting newspapers? It would hardly be a headline as the change in stance was by the new chairman. There appears to be a slight difference of opinion between the new chairman and the other board of directors..

This is on the record.

This is what the thread is, apparently, about."

The new Chairman made his remarks on May 21 st indicating that Airbus will remain in the UK regardless. I am sure that you knew that already anyway but chose to ignore his comment.

By *areToBe43Man  over a year ago

Surrey

[Removed by poster at 06/06/19 08:16:08]

Surrey

Call me condescending if you like, but I feel sorry for anyone who still believes the decision to leave Europe has had no negative effects on the British economy.

sky news reporting expected to announce the closure of the engine plant in bridgend, which employs 1700 people......."

Hi. This is hsrdly unexpected news though it has yet to be officially announced. It may be a bonus to some of the workers if they get a good severance pay package which is of course tax free.

The tide has turned against diesel engines and consequently Ford had little choice but to reassess the viability of this site.

In any event employment overall in the UK is at a record highs

"Call me condescending if you like, but I feel sorry for anyone who still believes the decision to leave Europe has had no negative effects on the British economy."
However the negatives must be balanced against the positives.

Surrey

Actually. Let’s be honest about this. If you still think the decision to leave Europe hasn’t had negative consequences for this country’s economy you’re living in la la land.

The UK went from being one of the fastest growing countries within the G7 ahead of the referendum to one of the slowest post Brexit.

That is a direct consequence of the vote and the uncertainty it produced.

Sure, you can argue that Project Fear exaggerated some of the downside. But, then, so did pro-Brexiteers on the upside. (£350m a week for the NHS, anyone?) Why are you still crying about it?

Brexit supporters need to stop clutching at straws to show there’s been no downside from the vote. In pure economic terms there is no argument.

(Now, if you were to have a conversation about the broader political direction the EU is heading in, and how, on a 100-year future view, Europe is a busted flush, then we might have some common ground. But that’s a different matter.)

in Lancashire

"Call me condescending if you like, but I feel sorry for anyone who still believes the decision to leave Europe has had no negative effects on the British economy. However the negatives must be balanced against the positives. "

What positives?

Not possibles, perhaps or maybes but actual positives?

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

"What positives?

Not possibles, perhaps or maybes but actual positives? "

I think they are referring to things like JRM moving his business to Dublin, Dyson to Singapore and the Donald informing us that he will give us a really great trade deal provided we give him and his mates the NHS and of course reduce our food public health standards to accept chlorinated chicken and beef pumped full of antibiotics and growth hormones.

All of which are massive positives as we take control back and regain our blue passports.

"

Better luck next time.

This is on the record.

This is what the thread is, apparently, about. The new Chairman made his remarks on May 21 st indicating that Airbus will remain in the UK regardless. I am sure that you knew that already anyway but chose to ignore his comment. "

At best there is mixed messages. The reported comments which caused you to assign project fear to the dustbin have been bookended by two on the record statements which go against this message. Furthermore there doesn't seem to be anywhere which puts context around the quotes. It seems to be one source who have quoted him without context.

So in balance I'd say its too soon to be opening bin lids...

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

sky news reporting expected to announce the closure of the engine plant in bridgend, which employs 1700 people....... Hi. This is hsrdly unexpected news though it has yet to be officially announced. It may be a bonus to some of the workers if they get a good severance pay package which is of course tax free.

The tide has turned against diesel engines and consequently Ford had little choice but to reassess the viability of this site.

In any event employment overall in the UK is at a record highs"

The latest diesel engines are the cleanest engines available.

sky news reporting expected to announce the closure of the engine plant in bridgend, which employs 1700 people....... Hi. This is hsrdly unexpected news though it has yet to be officially announced. It may be a bonus to some of the workers if they get a good severance pay package which is of course tax free.

The latest diesel engines are the cleanest engines available."

A very valid point but for some reason public opinion has changed .

In addition when diesel engines go wrong they are a lot more expensive to repair though that point may not be relevant to new vehicle sales..

Essex

So the loss of 1700 jobs, plus who knows how many in the supply chain and the impact on the local economy from the loss of spending power is fine because the workers may get a decent redundancy package? Un-be-fucking-lievable

Essex

They don't make diesel engines @ Bridgend.....

Bristol East

"Call me condescending if you like, but I feel sorry for anyone who still believes the decision to leave Europe has had no negative effects on the British economy. However the negatives must be balanced against the positives. "

And what positives can you point to since we left the European Unio n?

The latest diesel engines are the cleanest engines available. A very valid point but for some reason public opinion has changed .

In addition when diesel engines go wrong they are a lot more expensive to repair though that point may not be relevant to new vehicle sales.."

You are clutching at straws again you odd person - I saw an interview with a very skilled worker who had 31 years of experience working at fords bridgend plant and he quite rightly said that working for Ford was one of the best paid jobs in South Wales and when asked what he would do now he said there wasn’t anything else that that he or the other 1700 workers would be able to find to replace it. You are basically dismissing a whole community and the businesses that rely on that community as unimportant. That’s not very nice of you is it? Time to show a bit of empathy perhaps? What do you think? Are you man enough to face up to the reality of what has happened at Bridgend? Go on Pat....give us an insight!

Bristol East

The mindset of a sociopath, basically.

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Newbury

People are still responding to Pat like he isn't a caricature then?

The latest diesel engines are the cleanest engines available. A very valid point but for some reason public opinion has changed .

In addition when diesel engines go wrong they are a lot more expensive to repair though that point may not be relevant to new vehicle sales..

You are clutching at straws again you odd person - I saw an interview with a very skilled worker who had 31 years of experience working at fords bridgend plant and he quite rightly said that working for Ford was one of the best paid jobs in South Wales and when asked what he would do now he said there wasn’t anything else that that he or the other 1700 workers would be able to find to replace it. You are basically dismissing a whole community and the businesses that rely on that community as unimportant. That’s not very nice of you is it? Time to show a bit of empathy perhaps? What do you think? Are you man enough to face up to the reality of what has happened at Bridgend? Go on Pat....give us an insight! "

Hi. Writing a few sympathetic words on the internet hardly helps the Ford workers . Unless you or other posters can show that you actually gave them money your sympathy does not mean anything.

We all face turning points in our lives and have to make difficult decisions.

Ford are not the only employer in the world, there are many others.

You forgot to mention that those made redundant will receive large payoffs.

I am sure Ford will give substantial assistance to help these employees find alternative work.

Experience suggests that people made redundant often do not have many regrets once they have recovered from the initial shock. They often go on to find better paid roles or enjoy the change in life style.

From the manner in which your post is written I suspect you are totally in different to the issues faces by the Ford workers and simply wrote your post in an attempt to score points.

I prefer to assess the economy as a whole, not make decisions based on a very small number of workers.

If the jobs were as well paid as the employee suggested , it is likely that he will also have set aside some savings as the problems at this factory have been documented for the past two years .

Let's see the size of their redundancy packages before passing judgement ( remembering that a significant proportion of it is tax free ).

Any lastly no one owes you a living , you have to fight your own way in life .

You are clutching at straws again you odd person - I saw an interview with a very skilled worker who had 31 years of experience working at fords bridgend plant and he quite rightly said that working for Ford was one of the best paid jobs in South Wales and when asked what he would do now he said there wasn’t anything else that that he or the other 1700 workers would be able to find to replace it. You are basically dismissing a whole community and the businesses that rely on that community as unimportant. That’s not very nice of you is it? Time to show a bit of empathy perhaps? What do you think? Are you man enough to face up to the reality of what has happened at Bridgend? Go on Pat....give us an insight! "

I would think that the Ford workers wish everyone person in the UK had the same car choice as me.

I have been a Ford driver all my life and currently have three .

Actions speak louder than words . Loyal customers such as myself kept them in a job .

Do you drive a Ford and have you driven Fords all your life ?

Will this mean the price of ford's go up (assuming Brexit happens?)

West London

You are clutching at straws again you odd person - I saw an interview with a very skilled worker who had 31 years of experience working at fords bridgend plant and he quite rightly said that working for Ford was one of the best paid jobs in South Wales and when asked what he would do now he said there wasn’t anything else that that he or the other 1700 workers would be able to find to replace it. You are basically dismissing a whole community and the businesses that rely on that community as unimportant. That’s not very nice of you is it? Time to show a bit of empathy perhaps? What do you think? Are you man enough to face up to the reality of what has happened at Bridgend? Go on Pat....give us an insight! I would think that the Ford workers wish everyone person in the UK had the same car choice as me.

Actions speak louder than words . Loyal customers such as myself kept them in a job .

Do you drive a Ford and have you driven Fords all your life ? "

Hmmm.

Ford builds no Cara in the UK Pat.

What if we drive Honda's or Nissan's or Peugeot's or Vauxhall's or Minis or Bentley's or Rolls Royces or McLaren?

Should we have stopped driving them and driven foreign built Fords?

Surrey

This thread’s turned a bit weird. How have we moved from Assigning Project Fear to the Bin to the joys of redundancy?

West London

"This thread’s turned a bit weird. How have we moved from Assigning Project Fear to the Bin to the joys of redundancy?"

It's an opportunity every bit as big and positive as the miners had.

Stop moaning and being so negative. Just get behind it!

West London

You are clutching at straws again you odd person - I saw an interview with a very skilled worker who had 31 years of experience working at fords bridgend plant and he quite rightly said that working for Ford was one of the best paid jobs in South Wales and when asked what he would do now he said there wasn’t anything else that that he or the other 1700 workers would be able to find to replace it. You are basically dismissing a whole community and the businesses that rely on that community as unimportant. That’s not very nice of you is it? Time to show a bit of empathy perhaps? What do you think? Are you man enough to face up to the reality of what has happened at Bridgend? Go on Pat....give us an insight! I would think that the Ford workers wish everyone person in the UK had the same car choice as me.

Hmmm.

What if we drive Honda's or Nissan's or Peugeot's or Vauxhall's or Minis or Bentley's or Rolls Royces or McLaren?

Should we have stopped driving them and driven foreign built Fords?"

Oops, forgot Jaguar and Land Rover.

Every one of those manufacturers foreign owned and many of their UK sold vehicles built abroad...

Hmmm.

Every one of those manufacturers foreign owned and many of their UK sold vehicles built abroad..."

I thought that we were discussing Ford , not other manufacturers . It is loyal customers that have contributed to Ford's success in the UK.

Bristol East

" I thought that we were discussing Ford , not other manufacturers . It is loyal customers that have contributed to Ford's success in the UK. "

Hurrah, hurrah for the car workers in, er, um Spain . . . and, er, um. Hungary . . . and , er, um . . . Mexico.

How peculiar you should be championing the jobs of car workers overseas.

You are clutching at straws again you odd person - I saw an interview with a very skilled worker who had 31 years of experience working at fords bridgend plant and he quite rightly said that working for Ford was one of the best paid jobs in South Wales and when asked what he would do now he said there wasn’t anything else that that he or the other 1700 workers would be able to find to replace it. You are basically dismissing a whole community and the businesses that rely on that community as unimportant. That’s not very nice of you is it? Time to show a bit of empathy perhaps? What do you think? Are you man enough to face up to the reality of what has happened at Bridgend? Go on Pat....give us an insight! Hi. Writing a few sympathetic words on the internet hardly helps the Ford workers . Unless you or other posters can show that you actually gave them money your sympathy does not mean anything.

I am sure Ford will give substantial assistance to help these employees find alternative work.

Experience suggests that people made redundant often do not have many regrets once they have recovered from the initial shock. They often go on to find better paid roles or enjoy the change in life style.

From the manner in which your post is written I suspect you are totally in different to the issues faces by the Ford workers and simply wrote your post in an attempt to score points.

I prefer to assess the economy as a whole, not make decisions based on a very small number of workers.

If the jobs were as well paid as the employee suggested , it is likely that he will also have set aside some savings as the problems at this factory have been documented for the past two years .

Let's see the size of their redundancy packages before passing judgement ( remembering that a significant proportion of it is tax free ).

Any lastly no one owes you a living , you have to fight your own way in life ."

Thank you for attempting to explain yourself and for confirming my expectations of you in your reply.

Interesting that you consider my post to be point scoring - I wont deny that I find most of what you post to be fairly fatuous and your viewpoint blinkered to the point of lunacy, and so I do perhaps allow myself too much freedom in pointing that out rather than ignoring it. Truly though, your repetitive posting of every vacuous article you can find in the Daily Mail that suits your worldview without appearing to apply any critical thought to such information is a travesty and I feel needs to be responded to.

You are clutching at straws again you odd person - I saw an interview with a very skilled worker who had 31 years of experience working at fords bridgend plant and he quite rightly said that working for Ford was one of the best paid jobs in South Wales and when asked what he would do now he said there wasn’t anything else that that he or the other 1700 workers would be able to find to replace it. You are basically dismissing a whole community and the businesses that rely on that community as unimportant. That’s not very nice of you is it? Time to show a bit of empathy perhaps? What do you think? Are you man enough to face up to the reality of what has happened at Bridgend? Go on Pat....give us an insight! Hi. Writing a few sympathetic words on the internet hardly helps the Ford workers . Unless you or other posters can show that you actually gave them money your sympathy does not mean anything.

Any lastly no one owes you a living , you have to fight your own way in life .

Thank you for attempting to explain yourself and for confirming my expectations of you in your reply.

Interesting that you consider my post to be point scoring - I wont deny that I find most of what you post to be fairly fatuous and your viewpoint blinkered to the point of lunacy, and so I do perhaps allow myself too much freedom in pointing that out rather than ignoring it. Truly though, your repetitive posting of every vacuous article you can find in the Daily Mail that suits your worldview without appearing to apply any critical thought to such information is a travesty and I feel needs to be responded to. "

Just a loyal customer who has been showing solidarity with the Ford workers for thirty years .

I guess loyal customers are a lot more important to them than words of sympathy.

" I thought that we were discussing Ford , not other manufacturers . It is loyal customers that have contributed to Ford's success in the UK.

Hurrah, hurrah for the car workers in, er, um Spain . . . and, er, um. Hungary . . . and , er, um . . . Mexico.

"

My guess is that these companies appreciate the custom of those who buy their products as opposed to keyboard warriors .

" I thought that we were discussing Ford , not other manufacturers . It is loyal customers that have contributed to Ford's success in the UK.

My guess is that these companies appreciate the custom of those who buy their products as opposed to keyboard warriors ."

Oh dear....still not quite up to speed yet are we Pat

West London

Hmmm.

Every one of those manufacturers foreign owned and many of their UK sold vehicles built abroad... I thought that we were discussing Ford , not other manufacturers . It is loyal customers that have contributed to Ford's success in the UK. "

Just to be absolutely clear Pat;

Ford does not build any cars in the UK. If you have been buying Ford cars you have been buying cars built overseas and not supporting British workers in any way.

If you had bought certain models from the other manufacturers that I mentioned then you might have actually been supporting the British automotive industry.

Can you understand and accept this as fact?

Hmmm.

Every one of those manufacturers foreign owned and many of their UK sold vehicles built abroad... I thought that we were discussing Ford , not other manufacturers . It is loyal customers that have contributed to Ford's success in the UK.

Ford does not build any cars in the UK. If you have been buying Ford cars you have been buying cars built overseas and not supporting British workers in any way.

If you had bought certain models from the other manufacturers that I mentioned then you might have actually been supporting the British automotive industry.

Can you understand and accept this as fact?"

Hi. Your post does not make much sense to me . I was replying to another post ( not yours ) about the Ford engine plant. By bring a loyal Ford customer , myself and many other loyal customers will have kept Ford workers and the various workers in the supply chain in a job. Hope that satisfies you. Out of curiosity what car so you drive ?

Newcastle and Gateshead

Hmmm.

Every one of those manufacturers foreign owned and many of their UK sold vehicles built abroad... I thought that we were discussing Ford , not other manufacturers . It is loyal customers that have contributed to Ford's success in the UK.

Can you understand and accept this as fact? Hi. Your post does not make much sense to me . I was replying to another post ( not yours ) about the Ford engine plant. By bring a loyal Ford customer , myself and many other loyal customers will have kept Ford workers and the various workers in the supply chain in a job. Hope that satisfies you. Out of curiosity what car so you drive ? "

the point you were making (incorrectly) is that you "assumed" in was down to the fact of the lower production and sells of diesels... to which is what pointed out to you they don't actually make diesel engines in bridgend.....

so what "excuse" would you like to make up this time.....

Hmmm.

Can you understand and accept this as fact? Hi. Your post does not make much sense to me . I was replying to another post ( not yours ) about the Ford engine plant. By bring a loyal Ford customer , myself and many other loyal customers will have kept Ford workers and the various workers in the supply chain in a job. Hope that satisfies you. Out of curiosity what car so you drive ?

the point you were making (incorrectly) is that you "assumed" in was down to the fact of the lower production and sells of diesels... to which is what pointed out to you they don't actually make diesel engines in bridgend.....

so what "excuse" would you like to make up this time....."

Any customer who has been a loyal Ford customer has helped Ford workers in Britain either directly or indirectly. I have three Fords so do not need to make any excuses.

I am sure that the Ford workers appreciate my custom and that of all the other customers who buy their cars. Did you want to trace where the engines in my vehicles were made or shall we leave it at that.

Doing something tangible such as purchasing a vehicle keeps Ford workers in s job. Posting opinions on the internet will not make a pin of difference to Ford workers.

West London

Hmmm.

Can you understand and accept this as fact? Hi. Your post does not make much sense to me . I was replying to another post ( not yours ) about the Ford engine plant. By bring a loyal Ford customer , myself and many other loyal customers will have kept Ford workers and the various workers in the supply chain in a job. Hope that satisfies you. Out of curiosity what car so you drive ? "

Not much ever seems to make sense to you, but you read specialist magazines so why should it?

You seem to have spent a lifetime giving money to am American automotive company and buying cars built in foreign plants.

Why did you not support another British company like any of those that I listed? Some of them actually build their cars here.

It seems that your loyalty has failed though, but as you said the workers there shouldn't worry they just need to pull themselves up by their boot straps, retrain and relocate so that they can deliver take away food, parcels and be Uber drivers in the booming gig economy. If they work hard and invest using your specialist magazines they will only have to visit a food bank once or twice a week.

Were you responsible for Honda shutting down because you didn't buy any Civics?

I've owned a range of cars Pat.

Not many UK made as that is not how I make my decisions. That would be terribly limiting.

Where are your TV and mobile phone from?

Hmmm.

Can you understand and accept this as fact? Hi. Your post does not make much sense to me . I was replying to another post ( not yours ) about the Ford engine plant. By bring a loyal Ford customer , myself and many other loyal customers will have kept Ford workers and the various workers in the supply chain in a job. Hope that satisfies you. Out of curiosity what car so you drive ?

Not much ever seems to make sense to you, but you read specialist magazines so why should it?

You seem to have spent a lifetime giving money to am American automotive company and buying cars built in foreign plants.

Why did you not support another British company like any of those that I listed? Some of them actually build their cars here.

It seems that your loyalty has failed though, but as you said the workers there shouldn't worry they just need to pull themselves up by their boot straps, retrain and relocate so that they can deliver take away food, parcels and be Uber drivers in the booming gig economy. If they work hard and invest using your specialist magazines they will only have to visit a food bank once or twice a week.

Not many UK made as that is not how I make my decisions. That would be terribly limiting.

Where are your TV and mobile phone from?"

Hi. Your post simply confirms that I have done more to help the Ford workers that you have. I am a loyal customer in common with many other Ford customers .

Newcastle and Gateshead

Since you continue to write durge after durge pat (when in a hole...stop digging!) i am guessing you must have missed the actions in the Brexit select committee this morning (BBC parliament... riveting watching by the way, and before you ask don't i have better things to do its my day off work)

anyway.... you must have missed this nugget of goodness....

Seamus Nevin, the chief economist at Make UK, which represents some of the country’s largest manufacturers, said:

There is a direct link between politicians talking up the prospect of no deal and British firms losing customers overseas and British people losing jobs.

He told the Brexit select committee that some businesses were already “downsizing or completely shutting down in the UK”. Some were very profitable and leaders in their sector, but were struggling because of the political uncertainty.

Nevin said he was aware of one company, which he could not name because of a confidentiality agreement, that was planning to leave the UK. “That will result in several thousand job losses,” he said, adding that a no-deal Brexit “would be nothing short of an act of economic vandalism” and “undo 25 years of economic progress and consign a generation of highly skilled workers to the scrapheap.”

so..... what pravda like spin you going to lay upon us now pat?????

You lost, get over it

"You lost, get over it "

Lost what??

"Since you continue to write durge after durge pat (when in a hole...stop digging!) i am guessing you must have missed the actions in the Brexit select committee this morning (BBC parliament... riveting watching by the way, and before you ask don't i have better things to do its my day off work)

anyway.... you must have missed this nugget of goodness....

Seamus Nevin, the chief economist at Make UK, which represents some of the country’s largest manufacturers, said:

There is a direct link between politicians talking up the prospect of no deal and British firms losing customers overseas and British people losing jobs.

He told the Brexit select committee that some businesses were already “downsizing or completely shutting down in the UK”. Some were very profitable and leaders in their sector, but were struggling because of the political uncertainty.

Nevin said he was aware of one company, which he could not name because of a confidentiality agreement, that was planning to leave the UK. “That will result in several thousand job losses,” he said, adding that a no-deal Brexit “would be nothing short of an act of economic vandalism” and “undo 25 years of economic progress and consign a generation of highly skilled workers to the scrapheap.”

so..... what pravda like spin you going to lay upon us now pat?????"

Hi. I would never base my judgement on one person's opinion. Just another merchant of doom and gloom.

There was a article in the newspaper today about inflating busting pay rises for workers and unemployment being the lowest since 1974 .

I do not see any significant drop in share prices .

Life goes on.

West London

Hmmm.

Where are your TV and mobile phone from? Hi. Your post simply confirms that I have done more to help the Ford workers that you have. I am a loyal customer in common with many other Ford customers . "

Are you partly responsible for Honda shutting down because you didn't support them by buying Civics?

Hmmm.

Where are your TV and mobile phone from? Hi. Your post simply confirms that I have done more to help the Ford workers that you have. I am a loyal customer in common with many other Ford customers .

Are you partly responsible for Honda shutting down because you didn't support them by buying Civics?"

Did you buy a civic ? Maybe you need to address your question to other posters as I have already said that I drive Ford's and yet you have not even stated what type of vehicle you drive

West London

Hmmm.

Where are your TV and mobile phone from? Hi. Your post simply confirms that I have done more to help the Ford workers that you have. I am a loyal customer in common with many other Ford customers .

Are you partly responsible for Honda shutting down because you didn't support them by buying Civics? Did you buy a civic ? Maybe you need to address your question to other posters as I have already said that I drive Ford's and yet you have not even stated what type of vehicle you drive "

I'll drive the most appropriate car for my requirements.

When I was young I had a Ford Fiesta. Then a Vauxhall Astra. Mitsubishi Colt. Honda Civic. Lotus Elise. Fiat Barchetta. Saab 900. Mazda 6. Volkswagen Passat.

Does it matter?

I don't religiously do the same thing again and again without thinking.

Anyway, are you responsible for Honda shutting down because you haven't bought a Civic ever? Have you rescued Ford from anything?

Surrey

Just in case there was still any doubt:

LONDON (Reuters) - British companies look set to cut their investment by the most in 10 years in 2019 as the Brexit crisis drags on, weighing on future economic growth prospects, a survey showed on Monday.

I suppose this is what having your cake and eating it must look like.

Surrey

Just in case there was still any doubt:

LONDON (Reuters) - British companies look set to cut their investment by the most in 10 years in 2019 as the Brexit crisis drags on, weighing on future economic growth prospects, a survey showed on Monday.

I suppose this is what having your cake and eating it must look like.

"Just in case there was still any doubt:

I suppose this is what having your cake and eating it must look like. "

Hi. It is only one survey. No one can predict the future . Our future is bright once we have negotiated our new trade deals.

Bristol East

Goebbels was right. If you keep repeating it often enough, I guess you start to believe it is true.

in Lancashire

"Goebbels was right. If you keep repeating it often enough, I guess you start to believe it is true. "

This time next year Rodney, we will be millionaires..

A bit like that utter cunt who stands outside Parliament every day squeaking ‘no BREXIT.’ He should be made to give back all the money he raised through crowd funding. Then I’d hang the bastard

Surrey

I get it now. This whole thread has been a joke, right? No other explanation. Nice work. I took the bait. For a minute you had me believing you were for real.

Bristol East

Project fear is slowly unravelling. . "

What do you define as "Project Fear"?

"A bit like that utter cunt who stands outside Parliament every day squeaking ‘no BREXIT.’ He should be made to give back all the money he raised through crowd funding. Then I’d hang the bastard "
He's getting paid a good wage for shouting outside parliament, a guy got to make a living at a job someone got to do it lol

near ipswich

"A bit like that utter cunt who stands outside Parliament every day squeaking ‘no BREXIT.’ He should be made to give back all the money he raised through crowd funding. Then I’d hang the bastard He's getting paid a good wage for shouting outside parliament, a guy got to make a living at a job someone got to do it lol "
yeah not bad for a lad from port talbot hes now living in the same street as reece mogg.Nice work if you can get it.

Essex

I suppose this is what having your cake and eating it must look like. Hi. It is only one survey. No one can predict the future . Our future is bright once we have negotiated our new trade deals. "

Investment over the last three years has dropped significantly....that's not a prediction, that's a fact.

By *heislanderMan  over a year ago

cheshunt

I suppose this is what having your cake and eating it must look like. Hi. It is only one survey. No one can predict the future . Our future is bright once we have negotiated our new trade deals.

Investment over the last three years has dropped significantly....that's not a prediction, that's a fact."

What investment are you referring to? UK is destination of choice in Europe for foreign investment.

The UK attracted more foreign direct investment (FDI) than any other country in Europe between 2015 and 2018, with nearly four thousand projects bringing in more capital investment than second and third placed Germany and France combined.

Bristol East

"

The UK attracted more foreign direct investment (FDI) than any other country in Europe between 2015 and 2018, with nearly four thousand projects bringing in more capital investment than second and third placed Germany and France combined.

"

I'm guessing you must be taking your "facts" from the Daily Express.

fDi Markets last week reported that foreign capital investment in the EU27 has risen 43 % since the referendum while it has fallen by 30 % in the UK.

In the EU27, up from $237bn to $340 bn.

In the UK, down from $121bn to $85bn.

Source: Financial Times

By *heislanderMan  over a year ago

cheshunt

"

fDi Markets last week reported that foreign capital investment in the EU27 has risen 43 % since the referendum while it has fallen by 30 % in the UK.

You guessed wrong, I don’t read the Express. I never said it was “fact” it’s just what I read on Deloitte’s website.

"

Bristol East

I did indeed, then.

I noticed how the Express presented exactly the same results as a rip-roaring runaway success for Brexit Britain.

"

The UK attracted more foreign direct investment

I never said it was “fact”

"

The mind boggles

Surrey

You know how some people have colour blindness and other people suffer from face blindness? It’s surprising how many people in favour of Brexit suffer from number blindness whenever they see figures suggesting the past couple of years have been anything other than the rip-roaring success they were sold. It’s the equivalent of a child sticking their fingers in their ears and going: ‘La la. I can’t hear you.’

The deloitte report seems similar to the eu one (which covered 2018 to irrc). The UK is still the strongest... But has seen large reductions. France has seen an increase and is now a lot closer. Germany have seen decreases but the reason are different... They are almost at capacity.

near ipswich

"You know how some people have colour blindness and other people suffer from face blindness? It’s surprising how many people in favour of Brexit suffer from number blindness whenever they see figures suggesting the past couple of years have been anything other than the rip-roaring success they were sold. It’s the equivalent of a child sticking their fingers in their ears and going: ‘La la. I can’t hear you.’"
This could be the fault of the remainers as we were told that 1/2 million jobs would be lost the day we voted to leave,house prices would fall, companies would leave in droves non of which happened so its not a case of putting fingers in your ears its a case of just not believing them just like the boy who cried wolf.

There's a difference between forecasts and past data.

Leavers predicted this would be the easiest deal ever and the eu would fold as they need us more than them. Hasnt happened. Does this mean we should ignore every claim made we can make any deals with them, or any other country.

Surrey

@_ostafun. Funnily enough, each of those three predictions has come true to a greater or lesser extent (ie there have been Brexit-related job losses, house prices have fallen because of uncertainty caused by Brexit and companies have left because they’re worried about access to the single market). AND THAT’S BEFORE BREXIT HAS EVEN HAPPENED.

Sure the remain worst-case scenario might have been exaggerated (as it was on both sides) but that doesn’t mean Brexit supporters should keep up this charade of trying to argue the economy hasn’t suffered as a consequence of 2016’s vote.

near ipswich

"@_ostafun. Funnily enough, each of those three predictions has come true to a greater or lesser extent (ie there have been Brexit-related job losses, house prices have fallen because of uncertainty caused by Brexit and companies have left because they’re worried about access to the single market). AND THAT’S BEFORE BREXIT HAS EVEN HAPPENED.

Sure the remain worst-case scenario might have been exaggerated (as it was on both sides) but that doesn’t mean Brexit supporters should keep up this charade of trying to argue the economy hasn’t suffered as a consequence of 2016’s vote. "

The ecomomy has suffered from uncertainty nothing more if we had left there would be no uncertainty.Dont know where you live my my house price has not fallen.

"@_ostafun. Funnily enough, each of those three predictions has come true to a greater or lesser extent (ie there have been Brexit-related job losses, house prices have fallen because of uncertainty caused by Brexit and companies have left because they’re worried about access to the single market). AND THAT’S BEFORE BREXIT HAS EVEN HAPPENED.

Sure the remain worst-case scenario might have been exaggerated (as it was on both sides) but that doesn’t mean Brexit supporters should keep up this charade of trying to argue the economy hasn’t suffered as a consequence of 2016’s vote. The ecomomy has suffered from uncertainty nothing more if we had left there would be no uncertainty.Dont know where you live my my house price has not fallen."

Its not just the not knowing. Its the fear of suddenly being in an uncompetitive position. Knowing there are tariffs and frictional trade won't suddenly mean all companies go full steam ahead and there's a bounce back. Companies don't make long term decisions (eg closures) because of short term uncertainty. They make them because the longterm looks bleak...

Bristol East

Well, the warnings about "gambling with the union" being Project Fear turned out to be bogus.

I wonder what else will be.

Andrea Leadsom was asked the other day about No Deal, and it was put to her no-one knew they were voting for job losses.

Oh yes they did, she replied. It was all laid out in the Government leaflet.

Project Fear is now justification for careering head first over the cliff.

Only in the warped logic of Brexitland.

Surrey

“The ecomomy has suffered from uncertainty nothing more if we had left there would be no uncertainty.Dont know where you live my my house price has not fallen.”

@_ostafun. Honestly. It beggars belief. It would be amusing if people’s livelihoods weren’t at stake. Some of the responses on this thread in favour of Brexit have to be a wind-up. I can’t think of any other explanation. It’s like trying to reason with the wind.

Anyway. I’m done responding to this thread. Good luck with having your cake and eating it, Brexiteers!

Essex

I suppose this is what having your cake and eating it must look like. Hi. It is only one survey. No one can predict the future . Our future is bright once we have negotiated our new trade deals.

Investment over the last three years has dropped significantly....that's not a prediction, that's a fact.

What investment are you referring to? UK is destination of choice in Europe for foreign investment.

"

Foreign investment to the UK in 2018 was lower than in the previous 3 years

» Add a new message to this topic