By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

We are.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

Like we do all state visits then ?

Who pays for security when the royals visit non commonwealth countries? More to the point...who cares?! If it niggles anyone then they should go and protest...at least see where the money is going

By *ethnmelvCouple  over a year ago

Chudleigh

Who gave him a Visa!?

"Who gave him a Visa!? "

probably the same person that gave war mongering obama, thicko war mongering george dubya, friend of the ladies clinton and psychopath bush senior their visas

By *ethnmelvCouple  over a year ago

Chudleigh

"Who gave him a Visa!?

probably the same person that gave war mongering obama, thicko war mongering george dubya, friend of the ladies clinton and psychopath bush senior their visas"

So which epithet are you using for this one?

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Like we do all state visits then ?"

This..

Like we did for the Chinese Premier and the other despots and horrible fuckers who have and will visit..

Called diplomacy etc..

By *ykmwyldTV/TS  over a year ago

Belpre

Trump shouldn't even be allowed in Washington DC, and should never ever be issued a visa to travel outside the US !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He's a disgraceful liar no matter where he is !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Who gave him a Visa!?

probably the same person that gave war mongering obama, thicko war mongering george dubya, friend of the ladies clinton and psychopath bush senior their visas

So which epithet are you using for this one? "

There are so many! I'll go with leftist constipation cure president trump....they all shit their nikkers at the mention of his name.

i could've gone with big corporate, war mongering, pussy grabbing, hillary trouncing, non pc, bag of dicks president...

"Trump shouldn't even be allowed in Washington DC, and should never ever be issued a visa to travel outside the US !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He's a disgraceful liar no matter where he is !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

can you name a high ranking political figure that has never lied...but still been allowed to hold office and conduct state visits...??

"who is paying the 20 million pound security bill then "

In fairness. Brexit is costing the economy around 62 million a day.

So wasting 20 mill entertaining the man who wants to pillage nd pick at the bones if what's left is only a minor inconvenience.

Sure he's a clueless moron who says the stupidest things ever uttered by any human. But we've live in a country with millions of morons. So what's the big deal.

Stupidest things said by any human?

I'll go out on a limb here and say trump's gibberish isn't as stupid as

eg...'i did not have sexual relations with that woman'... or...'ein volk, ein reich, ein fuhrer' or perhaps....' i call upon all nations to fight these terrorists....now watch this drive!'

i think they trump (pun intended) everything trump has said....so far

"Stupidest things said by any human?

eg...'i did not have sexual relations with that woman'... or...'ein volk, ein reich, ein fuhrer' or perhaps....' i call upon all nations to fight these terrorists....now watch this drive!'

i think they trump (pun intended) everything trump has said....so far "

Anything he says about climate change is more moronic.

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

The whole thing is such a depressing spectacle.

A state visit is a symbiotic occasion, one meant to be between between countries rather than individuals.

But such are the individuals involved, such is the bad-tempered and ugly state of politics, that none can rise above their own ego.

The president of the united states, a guest in the UK, taking to the internet to insult the mayor of london.

The mayor of london hurling his own abuse.

The leader of the opposition taking to the streets for a a demo against the visit after turning down an invite from queenie.

None of them showing any dignity, any quality, any state craft whatsoever.

Mrs May will keep her dignity I'm sure. But she's a lame duck, a caretaker, stabbed in the back by her party after months of abuse herself.

As a country, it probably sums up just how far we've fallen, how far we've become consumed by squabbling and rancour.

We probably deserve each other right now, two countries that once seemed to be standard-bearers, now little more than spoiled brats arguing in the playground.

Sad.

"Trump shouldn't even be allowed in Washington DC, and should never ever be issued a visa to travel outside the US !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He's a disgraceful liar no matter where he is !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

That he may be, but he just happens to be the democratically elected head of state of our greatest ally.

By *rMrsWestMidsCouple  over a year ago

Dudley

"The whole thing is such a depressing spectacle.

A state visit is a symbiotic occasion, one meant to be between between countries rather than individuals.

But such are the individuals involved, such is the bad-tempered and ugly state of politics, that none can rise above their own ego.

The president of the united states, a guest in the UK, taking to the internet to insult the mayor of london.

The mayor of london hurling his own abuse.

The leader of the opposition taking to the streets for a a demo against the visit after turning down an invite from queenie.

None of them showing any dignity, any quality, any state craft whatsoever.

Mrs May will keep her dignity I'm sure. But she's a lame duck, a caretaker, stabbed in the back by her party after months of abuse herself.

As a country, it probably sums up just how far we've fallen, how far we've become consumed by squabbling and rancour.

We probably deserve each other right now, two countries that once seemed to be standard-bearers, now little more than spoiled brats arguing in the playground.

Sad.

"

Thank god we will have the queen there to show some decorum!

Yes its just a shame Phil the freek wont be there to share some homespun philosophy

Anything he says about climate change is more moronic. "

more moronic than...'saddam has weapons of mass distruction that can be activated in 45 mins'...?

Global climate ozone warming wotsit statements are small beans compared to lying to the world in order to bomb and destroy millions of people in Iraq and Afghanastan i reckon.

Can you actually give an example of what trump has said that would gift him the title of stupidest thing a human has ever said?

It's a tall order but i hope you can find an example....because i'm not a fan of his either.

more moronic than...'saddam has weapons of mass distruction that can be activated in 45 mins'...?

Global climate ozone warming wotsit statements are small beans compared to lying to the world in order to bomb and destroy millions of people in Iraq and Afghanastan i reckon.

Can you actually give an example of what trump has said that would gift him the title of stupidest thing a human has ever said?

It's a tall order but i hope you can find an example....because i'm not a fan of his either."

Where to start?

Please be my guest! And equate his statements to the examples i have given further up the page....please find something! I'm begging you!!

Dudley

"Yes its just a shame Phil the freek wont be there to share some homespun philosophy "

You don't seem to have a problem sharing your homespun philosophy, are you worried about some competition!

I shall be travelling by train to Pompey on weds, hoping to see the great man.

I won’t say happy days, it is after all a poignant event, remembering those who fought and died in the d day landings. The single biggest ever Anglo American operations ever, where many good men lost their lives.

It's a tall order but i hope you can find an example....because i'm not a fan of his either."

Thank God I'm not alone in this thinking, despite the man being an ass I cannot fathom how Tony B liar Barack Obama or hillary Clinton are all wheeled on TV and radio every week as the moral politicans!.

That's some fucking balls

Bristol East

"

Thank god we will have the queen there to show some decorum! "

My principles are republican in nature. But my goodness, i take my hat off to her for the way she carries on. She is a tremendous advert for 93 years of age.

I will just leave this here:

“Look, having nuclear — my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart — you know, if you’re a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I’m one of the smartest people anywhere in the world — it’s true! — but when you’re a conservative Republican they try — oh, do they do a number — that’s why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune — you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we’re a little disadvantaged — but you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me — it would have been so easy, and it’s not as important as these lives are — nuclear is powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of what’s going to happen and he was right, who would have thought? — but when you look at what’s going on with the four prisoners — now it used to be three, now it’s four — but when it was three and even now, I would have said it’s all in the messenger; fellas, and it is fellas because, you know, they don’t, they haven’t figured that the women are smarter right now than the men, so, you know, it’s gonna take them about another 150 years — but the Persians are great negotiators, the Iranians are great negotiators, so, and they, they just killed, they just killed us.”

By *bandjam91Couple  over a year ago

London

Climate change affects billions of lives. Small beans no.

Let's see. 30 seconds on Google revealed.

"The concept of global warming was created by the Chinese in order to make US manufacturing non-competitive"

"Ice storm rolls from Texas to Tennessee. I'm in Los Angeles and its freezing, global warming is a total and very expensive hoax"

Now I'm not saying that these other people you're throwing into the mix aren't morons. Just that they're nowhere near the level of Trump on the moron-o-meter.

Dudley

"

Thank god we will have the queen there to show some decorum!

My principles are republican in nature. But my goodness, i take my hat off to her for the way she carries on. She is a tremendous advert for 93 years of age.

"

Finally something we agree on! I am no royalist but I think the queen has done a better job than any politician in a presidential role would do. She is a true servant of the UK, we could do with a few more like her!

It's a tall order but i hope you can find an example....because i'm not a fan of his either.

Climate change affects billions of lives. Small beans no."

in comparison to statements made by other world leaders in history? Very small beans. Can you give examples of climate change killing millions of people and destroying cities? .... i'll give you another example of stupidest things said by a human being that actually caused massive problems for millions of people...'we came, we saw....he died'...hitlery killton on gadafi. Totally fucked Lybia and caused millions to flee on rubber boats and head straight to europe when the power vaccuum become filled with proper tyrants....

trump's lack of belief in the cult of climatology is very small beans compared to that single event.

[Removed by poster at 04/06/19 09:26:59]

Let's see. 30 seconds on Google revealed.

"The concept of global warming was created by the Chinese in order to make US manufacturing non-competitive"

"Ice storm rolls from Texas to Tennessee. I'm in Los Angeles and its freezing, global warming is a total and very expensive hoax"

Now I'm not saying that these other people you're throwing into the mix aren't morons. Just that they're nowhere near the level of Trump on the moron-o-meter."

He says all this bullshit to muddy the waters.Hes not a moron he's playing for more time for the fossil fuel industries and he'll pollute and pump out pollution as quick as is possible.He knows time is running out for the oil and gas industry.Theres money still to be made.

Being a climate denier today is just wilful ignorance in the pursuit of wealth.

Well bob...the original premise was...trump has said the stupidest things ever by a human...i gave a good few examples of stupider things....trump doesn't follow global warming but how is that stupider than the examples i gave?

Oh and the real money going forward is made thru green energy...let's make a billion bob! You and me!!

Bristol East

For once, the Americans were NOT the primary actors in Libya.

Cameron and the French president - Sarkozy - made all the running. Obama took a back seat.

It was Cameron's biggest foreign policy failure. We continue to live today with the consequences of a failed state, lawless borders and Islamic insurgents.

Stupidest things said!!!... not stupidest actions taken by all and sundry!!

"Yes its just a shame Phil the freek wont be there to share some homespun philosophy

You don't seem to have a problem sharing your homespun philosophy, are you worried about some competition! "

Not really worried about any competition as my philosophy is the right philosophy and all you mercedes driving neo-cons will drive off the brexit cliff far faster and quicker and feel the impact as you hit the rocks a lot more than little old me

"Well bob...the original premise was...trump has said the stupidest things ever by a human...i gave a good few examples of stupider things....trump doesn't follow global warming but how is that stupider than the examples i gave?

Oh and the real money going forward is made thru green energy...let's make a billion bob! You and me!! "

Ha ha do you really think humans are capable of radical change without profit to motivate them???

The very fact that renewable energy is now cheaper than fossil fuels is the only reason there is s push for it.Its not the pictures of polar bears floating off into the distance that motivates humans it's money ..

Very true bob...all those thousands of polar bears that lie dead...face down in the arctic ocean because the ice has melted....would make me want to use wind, solar, wave and nuclear power. We could make a fortune bob....you invent something and i'll look after the marketing. We'll turn a blind eye to the use of fossil fuel that you may need in order to build our new invention....fill your boots buddy!!

"Very true bob...all those thousands of polar bears that lie dead...face down in the arctic ocean because the ice has melted....would make me want to use wind, solar, wave and nuclear power. We could make a fortune bob....you invent something and i'll look after the marketing. We'll turn a blind eye to the use of fossil fuel that you may need in order to build our new invention....fill your boots buddy!! "

What to do ?Solar /tidal/geo thermal/wind turbines /nuclear

There is so much disinformation pumped out by climate deniers it's difficult to know

As your climate denier fella trump says.Underneath wind turbines is a cemetery of every type of bird.Its an avian apocalypse.

Unfortunately for those against big windmills making electricity the RSPB says it's cool and calls bullshit on the trumpanzees .If you place them outside migration routes..No bird apocalypse,who knew ..

I dunno what source to choose. My local power station changed to renewable which as you say is much cheaper, cleaner and infinate....but bugger me! They put up the price of my lekky! And i thought cheaper power meant smaller bills....silly me eh? It's almost as if the big power companies are acting just like the big petro companies now that they have to power to control.

as for those pesky birds with their flying and migratory habits....well the fewer of them means fewer getting sucked into jet engines when the delegates jump onto flights heading to the next ipcc conflab.

But we do need more wind farms bob...those even more pesky polinating insects producing more carbon emmissions than humans need taught a lesson!

You got any blueprints for our invention yet?

Insect loss is apocalyptic but its pesticides and insecticide and habitat loss that's to blame for the rapid decline, not the big windmill things that make lekky .The windmills are no more to blame than the windscreen of your car on a summers evening.

The solution is multifaceted and nobody has put into place a long term plan yet.There will be lots of money to be made and we won't all need to wear sandals .

I didn't realise crop spraying had an adverse on global warming bob. Mucking up bio diversity yes but making the decreasing numbers of polar bears homeless? Changing the ever changing climate? Making the sea swallow up low lying parts of the globe..errmm that haven't been swallowed up several years after predicted dates passing...

my sandals are bone dry...must be this really hot summer we are enjoying in ulster..(it's raining and cold btw)

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"Who gave him a Visa!?

probably the same person that gave war mongering obama, thicko war mongering george dubya, friend of the ladies clinton and psychopath bush senior their visas"

Lol I like it

"I didn't realise crop spraying had an adverse on global warming bob. Mucking up bio diversity yes but making the decreasing numbers of polar bears homeless? Changing the ever changing climate? Making the sea swallow up low lying parts of the globe..errmm that will haven't been swallowed up several years after predicted dates passing...

my sandals are bone dry...must be this really hot summer we are enjoying in ulster..(it's raining and cold btw)

"

That's weather for you.

So is there a correlation between supporting Brexit and supporting trump?

Are there any pro trump people who dont think Brexit is a good idea. Or any pro Brexit people who dont like trump?

"Well bob...the original premise was...trump has said the stupidest things ever by a human...i gave a good few examples of stupider things....trump doesn't follow global warming but how is that stupider than the examples i gave?

Oh and the real money going forward is made thru green energy...let's make a billion bob! You and me!!

Ha ha do you really think humans are capable of radical change without profit to motivate them???

The very fact that renewable energy is now cheaper than fossil fuels is the only reason there is s push for it.Its not the pictures of polar bears floating off into the distance that motivates humans it's money .. "

And you call trumpanzees disinformationers??.

Fossil fuel is a fraction of the price of renewables, the whole point of the green levy is to make renewable electricity cost effective!.

The very fact that renewable energy is now cheaper than fossil fuels is the only reason there is s push for it.Its not the pictures of polar bears floating off into the distance that motivates humans it's money .. .

Fossil fuel is a fraction of the price of renewables, the whole point of the green levy is to make renewable electricity cost effective!."

Here you go .

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/environment/2019/jan/23/uk-has-biggest-fossil-fuel-subsidies-in-the-eu-finds-commission

You're welcome .

Here's the important stuff.

The UK leads the European Union in giving subsidies to fossil fuels, according to a report from the European commission. It found €12bn (£10.5bn) a year in support for fossil fuels in the UK, significantly more than the €8.3bn spent on renewable energy.

The commission report warned that the total subsidies for coal, oil and gas across the EU remained at the same level as 2008. This is despite both the EU and G20 having long pledged to phase out the subsidies, which hamper the rapid transition to clean energy needed to fight climate change.

By *lem-H-FandangoMan  over a year ago

salisbury

"Here's the important stuff.

The UK leads the European Union in giving subsidies to fossil fuels, according to a report from the European commission. It found €12bn (£10.5bn) a year in support for fossil fuels in the UK, significantly more than the €8.3bn spent on renewable energy.

The commission report warned that the total subsidies for coal, oil and gas across the EU remained at the same level as 2008. This is despite both the EU and G20 having long pledged to phase out the subsidies, which hamper the rapid transition to clean energy needed to fight climate change. "

Jeez, and the EU's done nothing about it! Makes you wonder what the point of it is sometimes.

The commission report warned that the total subsidies for coal, oil and gas across the EU remained at the same level as 2008. This is despite both the EU and G20 having long pledged to phase out the subsidies, which hamper the rapid transition to clean energy needed to fight climate change.

Jeez, and the EU's done nothing about it! Makes you wonder what the point of it is sometimes. "

I doubt climate change was one of the reasons you voted remain clem .Or was it?

The very fact that renewable energy is now cheaper than fossil fuels is the only reason there is s push for it.Its not the pictures of polar bears floating off into the distance that motivates humans it's money .. .

Fossil fuel is a fraction of the price of renewables, the whole point of the green levy is to make renewable electricity cost effective!.

Here you go .

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/environment/2019/jan/23/uk-has-biggest-fossil-fuel-subsidies-in-the-eu-finds-commission

You're welcome . "

What's that got to do with anything you said?.

You said renewable energy is cheaper than fossil fuel energy.

I said your full of crap and misleading people you've now produced an article on tax subsidies for fossil fuel companies like that's got anything to do with it!.

Barrel of oil net cost 60 dollars 1700 kwhs in a barrel cost per kWh 3.5 cents.

A 2mw wind turbine cost 3 million dollars plus maintenance plus installation plus lifespan times by average output etc etc gives an average cost of wind generated electric at 5 cents an hour, coal is about 4 cents an hour, the whole point of the green subsidies that customers have been paying for years was to level out that difference.

I just googled that in five minutes wasn't that hard.

Your welcome

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/environment/2019/mar/25/coal-more-expensive-wind-solar-us-energy-study

We've missed the greatest cost in renewable versus fossil fuel, it's not about pounds and dollars it's the cost to our planet ,what price do we place on that.Thats the whole reason we are choosing renewables over fossil fuel.

I would say the earth is priceless , so it's a good job renewables are dropping in price to challenge existing energy sources.

Dudley

"Yes its just a shame Phil the freek wont be there to share some homespun philosophy

You don't seem to have a problem sharing your homespun philosophy, are you worried about some competition!

Not really worried about any competition as my philosophy is the right philosophy and all you mercedes driving neo-cons will drive off the brexit cliff far faster and quicker and feel the impact as you hit the rocks a lot more than little old me "

Lol, I should have guessed you would be right although you can't be doing that much right if you aren't driving a Mercedes!

By *IGUYFORCPLESMan  over a year ago

newcastle

JUST THINK IF CORBYN GETS IN WE WILL HAVE EVERY TERRORIST RUN COUNTRYS TOP GUY HERE ON A STATE VISIT SO WHY TWIST ABOUT TRUMP WHEN WE HAVE CORBYN HES JUST A IDIOT AS WELL

"JUST THINK IF CORBYN GETS IN WE WILL HAVE EVERY TERRORIST RUN COUNTRYS TOP GUY HERE ON A STATE VISIT SO WHY TWIST ABOUT TRUMP WHEN WE HAVE CORBYN HES JUST A IDIOT AS WELL"

Which countries are run by terrorists??

By *lem-H-FandangoMan  over a year ago

salisbury

Jeez, and the EU's done nothing about it! Makes you wonder what the point of it is sometimes.

I doubt climate change was one of the reasons you voted remain clem .Or was it? "

You doubt correctly.

"JUST THINK IF CORBYN GETS IN WE WILL HAVE EVERY TERRORIST RUN COUNTRYS TOP GUY HERE ON A STATE VISIT SO WHY TWIST ABOUT TRUMP WHEN WE HAVE CORBYN HES JUST A IDIOT AS WELL

Which countries are run by terrorists??

"

N. Ireland

Not really worried about any competition as my philosophy is the right philosophy and all you mercedes driving neo-cons will drive off the brexit cliff far faster and quicker and feel the impact as you hit the rocks a lot more than little old me

Lol, I should have guessed you would be right although you can't be doing that much right if you aren't driving a Mercedes! "

Nah...the last one I had kept pulling to the left so I jacked it in for a jag! Always surprised me that it pulled to the left, rather than the right, maybe it was a DDR Friday afternoon model

Dudley

Lol, I should have guessed you would be right although you can't be doing that much right if you aren't driving a Mercedes!

Nah...the last one I had kept pulling to the left so I jacked it in for a jag! Always surprised me that it pulled to the left, rather than the right, maybe it was a DDR Friday afternoon model "

Are you sure it wasn't two welded together if it pulled to the left! A Jag eh, I thought you would be driving round in communist grannies old Citroen 2CV!

Nah...the last one I had kept pulling to the left so I jacked it in for a jag! Always surprised me that it pulled to the left, rather than the right, maybe it was a DDR Friday afternoon model

Are you sure it wasn't two welded together if it pulled to the left! A Jag eh, I thought you would be driving round in communist grannies old Citroen 2CV! "

No she was so communist she only rode a bike, took the tube or British rail, and gave me grief every time I picked her up in the motor! She also liked to go on subsidised holidays to communist countries like vietnam and cuba. I always thought she was a spy when I was little. Oh and her best friends husband was part of the bletchley park codebreakers so patriotism was never an issue. Anyway if you are a Merc owner you should know about the crappy suspension set up on certain models that causes uneven wear on the tires.

Dudley

Are you sure it wasn't two welded together if it pulled to the left! A Jag eh, I thought you would be driving round in communist grannies old Citroen 2CV!

No she was so communist she only rode a bike, took the tube or British rail, and gave me grief every time I picked her up in the motor! She also liked to go on subsidised holidays to communist countries like vietnam and cuba. I always thought she was a spy when I was little. Oh and her best friends husband was part of the bletchley park codebreakers so patriotism was never an issue. Anyway if you are a Merc owner you should know about the crappy suspension set up on certain models that causes uneven wear on the tires. "

My Merc is a classic from the era when the engineers were still running the show, no penny pinching accountants like there is now to ruin the quality!

By *adame 2SwordsWoman  over a year ago

Victoria, London

On balance, s paying for state visits etc is very little compared to the money the royal family generates into the UK

» Add a new message to this topic